Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: June's New Layouts and Cards        (Topic#1674373)
Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

Welcome to New Layouts and Cards for the month of June. We also love to see any other project you'd like to share.

This thread is for sharing love on all new projects shared here. If you don't do a lot of challenges, this is a great thread for getting your wonderful work seen and even if you do a lot of challenges...well one can never have too much love!!

It's a challenge of sorts though.... keeping up on giving love can be a real challenge!! We all JCI (Just Check(ing) In) often and try so hard to be ACU (All Caught Up) and MMS (Mark My Spot)... but let a day go by and you'll be VFB (Very Far Behind). We've also been known to toss about and create some new acronyms!!

The rules for this thread are simple: Post a newly uploaded layout, card or project, get comments and give comments on everyone's pages. No "drop and runs" please. If you get love be kind enough to give love back. There are NO challenges and NO Requirements on the TYPE of comments you leave, just be sincere but if you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all. But I'm sure you can think of something nice to say!

Please also remember several people post here; try not to flood the post with too many layouts at once. Please be considerate and do not post more than 5-7 in any post. No limit per day.

So, think you can do it??? Then come on by and join the fun! This thread has gained a fairly regular following. We enjoy seeing new people come by to share their work and join in the fun! You can join in at any time. Just remember that it is more fun if you give love and get love too!

Here is how to put your layout photo on a thread:
1. Go to layout/picture you want to post on the thread.
2. Scroll down to where it says "Share"
3. Click "Link & Embed Image"
4. Click on "IMG CODE (for forums and bulletin boards)" Make sure the little dot is in front of that phrase now.
5. Select what size you want the picture to be on the thread, most of us select "Larger".
6. Copy and Paste the Embed Code Below:
7. Paste the code to the thread as a new post. When you paste it you will only see the code. The picture will not appear until you post or preview your reply.

While this is a laid back community of artists and crafts people sharing their work and support, it's not a place to just drop off work and not visit the galleries of others in the thread. We encourage you to enjoy all the marvelous talent and leave comments! Should you encounter a problem with another poster in this thread, please PM them directly to ask your question or resolve your issue. The hostesses are not referees and can't step in the middle for you.

Speaking of hostesses..... this is a collaborative effort. We are rotating the job of hosting the thread. Included in the opening post is the schedule of hostesses over the next couple months. If you are interested in hosting.... please PM the current month's hostess to let her know. (BTW - the current month's hostess would be the one who started the thread) Hope everyone has a wonderfully creative month and gains inspiration and encouragement from each other!

Hostesses:
July-Cathe
August- Cheryl
September-
October-
November-
December-

***Birthday List***

If you'd like to be included here send a message to the current month's hostess-we'd be happy to add you!

Cheryl January 13
Kathy January 22
Danielle February 11
Denise February 13
Ashley March 1
Andrea March 8
Cathe March 18
Jeannie April 3
Katy May 1
Kimberly June 8
Terry August 5
Kay November 10
Anna December 24Welcome to New Layouts and Cards for the month of May. We also love to see any other project you'd like to share.

This thread is for sharing love on all new projects shared here. If you don't do a lot of challenges, this is a great thread for getting your wonderful work seen and even if you do a lot of challenges...well one can never have too much love!!

It's a challenge of sorts though.... keeping up on giving love can be a real challenge!! We all JCI (Just Check(ing) In) often and try so hard to be ACU (All Caught Up) and MMS (Mark My Spot)... but let a day go by and you'll be VFB (Very Far Behind). We've also been known to toss about and create some new acronyms!!

The rules for this thread are simple: Post a newly uploaded layout, card or project, get comments and give comments on everyone's pages. No "drop and runs" please. If you get love be kind enough to give love back. There are NO challenges and NO Requirements on the TYPE of comments you leave, just be sincere but if you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all. But I'm sure you can think of something nice to say!

Please also remember several people post here; try not to flood the post with too many layouts at once. Please be considerate and do not post more than 5-7 in any post. No limit per day.

So, think you can do it??? Then come on by and join the fun! This thread has gained a fairly regular following. We enjoy seeing new people come by to share their work and join in the fun! You can join in at any time. Just remember that it is more fun if you give love and get love too!

Here is how to put your layout photo on a thread:
1. Go to layout/picture you want to post on the thread.
2. Scroll down to where it says "Share"
3. Click "Link & Embed Image"
4. Click on "IMG CODE (for forums and bulletin boards)" Make sure the little dot is in front of that phrase now.
5. Select what size you want the picture to be on the thread, most of us select "Larger".
6. Copy and Paste the Embed Code Below:
7. Paste the code to the thread as a new post. When you paste it you will only see the code. The picture will not appear until you post or preview your reply.

While this is a laid back community of artists and crafts people sharing their work and support, it's not a place to just drop off work and not visit the galleries of others in the thread. We encourage you to enjoy all the marvelous talent and leave comments! Should you encounter a problem with another poster in this thread, please PM them directly to ask your question or resolve your issue. The hostesses are not referees and can't step in the middle for you.

Speaking of hostesses..... this is a collaborative effort. We are rotating the job of hosting the thread. Included in the opening post is the schedule of hostesses over the next couple months. If you are interested in hosting.... please PM the current month's hostess to let her know. (BTW - the current month's hostess would be the one who started the thread) Hope everyone has a wonderfully creative month and gains inspiration and encouragement from each other!

Hostesses:

May--Andrea
June--Terry
July-Cathe

***Birthday List***

If you'd like to be included here send a message to the current month's hostess-we'd be happy to add you!

Cheryl January 13
Kathy January 22
Danielle February 11
Denise February 13
Ashley March 1
Andrea March 8
Cathe March 18
Jeannie April 3
Katy May 1
Kimberly June 8
Terry August 5
Kay November 10
Anna December 24

Edited by Abby0317 on 06-10-18 04:32 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Abby0317

Good morning!!

Andrea, thank you for getting us into May and
Terry thank you for starting us off in June.

It looks like it's going to be a hot, humid day.

We will have our grandson and the dog tonight and all day Friday.
Not sure what we'll do.

Have a nice day everyone.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to scrappin 2

hello and good morning

Andrea, thank you for getting us into May and
Terry thank you for starting us off in June.

well we been have thunder storm here yesterday and today. i need to print pic that way i can make some layouts. i am have a hard time find blank garden tags that i can put in my garden to write the plants i have in there. well today i don't know what i am going to do i don't really want to go to the gym but i know i should.

well hope everyone has a nice thursday

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to southern lady

Can’t believe June is arriving!!! Worked, ran, showe, ate now offf to bed and back to work again tonight.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae
In response to cdjohnson

June already.... wow. I thought I would hop back in. It's been an insane month and I'll spare ya the details... I'm on the upswing and I'm here so that's all that matters.

Andrea, thank you for the Month of May and Terry, thank you for hosting June!

Right now I've got to get to work on some projects that have a due date of June 8th....

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Kimberly Rae

JCI off to work

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Andrea and Terry, thanks for hosting May and June.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to Anna C

Ok I’m back, All settled in on Lake Pokegama near Pine City MN. Our son is here in his mini home and the kids and wife come up tomorrow after school, can’t wait!

Thanks for hosting May Andrea!
Anna...found any prospects yet for a new job?
Ashley..my son saw Solo and really loved it. I’d love to see it too
Cathe...enjoy the time with the kids. You asked me something in the May thread and I cannot remember what...do you?
Cheryl...are you on a 3 day shift rotations?
Danielle..can you find blank garden tags to print on Pinterest maybe?
Denise..we too I35N to here from DesMoines Gorgeous farmland country. When we leave here we are going over to Duluth and Lake Superior then across MN on hiway 2 and into Minot ND. From there I do not know!
Kim.. glad all is ok

Time to chill for the night!

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Abby0317

Hi! Today I was at the 61st street windowless, freezing cold (because the air conditioners there suck) lab. I was quite surprised when I left the lab to find out it was raining LOL! I'm off tomorrow and I promised my mom I'd clean my desk before Girl Scouts. That doesn't seem like too hard a job...until I get distracted and wind up singing along to whatever I have playing on my computer LOL!

Andrea- Thanks for hosting May!

Terry- Thanks for hosting June!

Cathe- We went from hot and humid to wet and cold and rainy. I've decided Mother Nature's gone mad.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to DNA301

Good morning and Happy Friday!

Terry, I have applied for jobs at two different local banks. I will be surprised if I hear anything. Bucky has gotten us on his work health insurance as of today. In his line of work, you never know when you will be laid off and that would leave us with no insurance which is our concern. I did go into work yesterday at our temporary office for training with the new company. Overall, the new system won't be too bad from what I have seen. Just adjusting to their procedures and their operating process will take some time. Boss did give me a raise and has said that I can keep the same PTO (paid time off) hours that I got previously which is 248 hours or 31 days plus all SEC holidays. If only the job had retirement and health insurance...........

Hello to all. Have a great day!

Edited by Anna C on 06-01-18 02:00 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Good morning!

Kim- Glad to hear you are on the upswing!! Great news!

Anna-it sure would be hard to loose all those days, Dang it anyway, your boss changing things. Hugs.

Terry- I don't remember what I asked you. It must not have been that important. LOL
Enjoy your time with the kids.

I have Van now. We played games and watched a movie yesterday. Casey's kids are coming in about 20 min. I'l take them all mini golf and to lunch. It will be an expensive morning. LOL

Ashley- hope you get that desk cleaned off...........whistle while you worK? or in your case, sing while you work. LOL

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

hello and good morning

Terry- i am look to buy blank garden tags that you can write on them. my mom gave me some and i use them up and i need more. enjoy your time with your kids. if you ever pass by my town let me know maybe we could meet.

well today look like be a nice day here. yesterday we got thunder storm and rain and hail. i had to cover my plants in my garden. well i printed all my pic i took of the babies and others stuff. now i need to do layouts so now i need to clean my scrapbook table.

cathe- have a nice time with the kids mini golf and to lunch.

hope everyone has a nice friday

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Back home. Its a long drive, gets harder each time. At least it was uneventful, for that I am thankful. Mom enjoyed seeing all her cousins at the family reunion.
Oh BOY By Rockmom

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

It's The Sweet One By Rockmom

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Messy Boy By Rockmom

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Cool Little Dude By Rockmom

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to rockmom

Denise- wonderful Los.

Danielle- you'll have so much fun scrapping those baby pictures.

I had fun with the grandkids, of course.
It's a bit expensive to take them mini-golfing and do the arcade and go out to eat. It probably won't happen again this summer. I love being with them thought. They grow up too quickly.

nighty night

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Yes, Cathe, it's $$$ but a good memory.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae
In response to rockmom

Working on planner and blog stuff tonight/this morning. Then will be working on some cards

Ashley, I don't know how you could work in a windowless room... that would make me feel suffocated.

Cathe, grandkid time is precious. I can't wait to see my nephews and new niece next month.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to Kimberly Rae

Good morning! I ci yesterday but didn’t post. Were supposed to go on a pontoon ride today but the severe thunderstorms and rain made that idea get postponed til tomorrow. DGD is here and I’ve gotten to see some of here amazing artwork! Very creative and she’s taking classes in high school. DGS comes up today after work!
Anna... it seems the two most important benefits are missing! I’m sure this will all work out but right now I’d sure be frustrated!
Ashley...this is a silly question but I’m curious. When you are working at the lab do you have to wear your hair up or in a net or?
Cathe... any time and $$$$ spent when the kiddos are young is a good investment since you are also creating memories!
Cheryl..how is the keto diet going?
Danielle... hope you find the tags! On this trip when we held home we will go the northern route thru Cor’de Alene and Spokane. Maybe sometime we can do that!
Denise...wonderful LOs! I really need to get busy and start doing some scrapping again!
Kimerberly Rae...when will you see the kids?

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Abby0317

Good morning!!

Terry- sorry to hear the pontoon boat ride had to be postponed. Pontoon rides are so relaxing and I love how everyone is together and can't run off somewhere. LOL
Take some new pictures to scrap! We haven't see those DGK in a long time.

I don't have any plans for today. That's kind of weird as I was so busy Thurs. and Fri.
I think Rum is wanting me to go with him out to Farm and Fleet.
I need a watering can so perhaps I'll go with him.

Have a nice day.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Morning.
Terry, its best to avoid being on the water in a storm. Sorry its disappointing. Hope you can pull it off today.

Cathe, I just use the garden hose when I water outside. Cooper loves a good watering can though! I was watering last night and he came out to play on the swingset. He asked me to spray him. His mom said it was okay so I did. He giggled and giggled and giggled. We must of played for an hour. He was one happy tired kiddo when we finished.

Ashley, you have any plans for summer?

How are you feeling Kimberly? You have a birthday this month?

Sadie graduated from her DOC band/helmet yesterday. They will wait until the numbers come in from measuring before they decide totally if she needs another one but for right now she is finished. I suspect it will not be necessary.

Garden is growing great guns. The tomato plants are as tall as the fence and producing, I have baby green beans, several jalapenos just about ready to pick, the cucumber plants are growing and so are the watermelon plants. Need to get the okra planted this week. I wanted to wait until it was good and hot, okra does best if the soil is totally warmed up and its hot. All my flowers are blooming and growing so that makes me happy too. Last years garden was such a flop due to the crappy soil the guy brought in. I added bags and bags of stuff to it this year and that seems to have done the trick.

Did anyone else send a card to Pat, Chris, and Patrick? I hope they are doing okay.

Have a nice Saturday everyone.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

Cousins By Rockmom

Cousin Playmate Friend By Rockmom

Beep! Beep! Beep! By Rockmom

Edited by rockmom on 06-02-18 05:25 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to rockmom

Prom Memories By Scrappin 2

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Denise- cute LOs of the boys. Gee they have grown so much. time goes my too quickly.
Did you fussy cut those cars and trucks on the one LO?
Also wanted to tell you that I enjoyed see your peonies.
It's so cute that you and Cooper had so much fun with the hose.
That reminds me that I have a picture of my mom and Doug with her spraying him. Now I have to do see what album it is in.
I sometimes include a photo from Doug or Casey's childhood along with a photo of their children. I'm not going back and scrapping Los with all the photos I have of Doug and Casey.

I'm so disgusted with not being able to upload pictures from my camera. I've been taking the latest LO pics on my phone. For some reason you can't click on the Lo in my gallery to make it larger.
Plus I'm upset that sb.com changed how to link items. I complained to the tech dept. but it hasn't seemed to help. I know I linked the Paper House Color Ways paper on that other Prom LO and now I typed in those words and other combination and it did not come up.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Terry - we sent our own schedules. Sometimes I work 3 in a row and some times I don’t.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!

Welcome back Denise! Your layouts are wonderful and oh what precious memories!

Cathe, your prom layout is stunning!

Hello to all and have a great day!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Good morning!!

It's beautiful here today.
I have a graduation party to go to. It's for Nev's friend Kiah. I taught her mother! Kiah and Nev have been friends since 1st grade. Kiah's mom and Grandma subbed for me. Of course I've seen the whole family over the years at Nev's school events. I'm looking forward to going.

I have another LO on my desk almost finished. Maybe I'll get it in here today.

Have a great day.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Cathe, yes it was fun for Cooper and I got a kick out of making him happy. Oh and yes, I fussy cut out all those cars.

Went and purchase some K4 curriculum for Cooper at the homeschool convention here in The Woodlands yesterday. We will use Abeka K4. My goal is to teach him to sit, listen, and follow directions. We will play games that teach him basic things like fine motor skills, cutting, gluing, basic handwriting strokes, and progress into writing. He can already get a crude representation of his name but great for a kid just turned 4. He knows the basic sounds that letters make and he knows tgat letters grouped together make up words. He tries to sound things out and sometimes he gets it right. Our next door neighbors just finished the K4 with one of their daughters, the other one is 2, so it will be good to have playmates nextdoor. We are looking into classes like gymnastics so he can have some interaction with other kiddos and he gets that at church too.

I have some painting on my schedule this summer. I really dislike the flat paint the builder uses. It looks nice but its not washable and that is what I dislike.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Good afternoon!!!

Denise - Abeka is a great curriculum. We used it.

Cathe - Enjoy the party.

I ran, went to church, lunch at Panera and grandkids will be here at 4:30

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! My friend and I went to BookCon yesterday...it's sort of like ComicCon except it's more geared towards like actual books and not comic books. I got a bunch of books for free (many signed by their authors) and several were these things called ARCs...which are unpublished, unedited copies of books so that was kind of cool. I also got a bunch of pins and tote bags for free. Not sure what I'm going to do with the tote bags but I got more free stuff at this convention than I ever did at ComicCon LOL!

Anna- I hope your job hunting works out!

Cathe- I did get my desk cleaned on Friday...and picked out music for Girl Scout fashion show while I was doing it!

Kimberly- When I work in the windowless lab, my anxiety is usually worse than when I'm in the normal lab. The lack of windows makes me feel trapped.

Terry- In the lab I wear my hair braided and then twisted up into a bun. This lab doesn't require hairnets, thankfully...just that my hair be up and out of the way.

Denise- No plans for summer...I have week off the end of June and another the end of July. I'm trying to convince my mom we need to go to Disney for my October vacation LOL!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to DNA301

hello and good morning

Cathe - Enjoy the party.

well Saturday didn't do much I mow the lawn and work on the garden little bit. I was wear my hat my mom bought me but I got sun burn on my back and it hurts little bit. I need to start put sun screen on . well it been nice here and warm. yesterday didn't do much stay home work on some layouts of the baby. I talk to my mom Saturday. my mom said been think of get a little camp trailer that way when the come up here they can stop at place while they come visit me and she was ask me where she put if they did get one I told her on the side of the house in the back yard. on yesterday I clean all the windows outside to get all the drity off of them. well nothing much going on today I am going to go back to the gym today and work out,

hope everyone has a nice Monday

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Good morning!

Danielle- It's nice you have a space your parents could park their camper.
You need one of those hats that you see Austrailians wearing at the beach. There's a flap that goes down the back of the neck.

Ashley- the Book-con sounded fun. Free stuff is always fun. It's cool you got the books that are ARC's. I didn't know they existed.I think you should do something special on your vacation.

Denise- Even tho I taught at a Public School we used Abeka for a little while. Since the pages had bible verses at the bottome we had to stop using it. We primary teachers asked if we could just cut off the Bible verses, but the Board said no. I liked the format very much.

The graduation party was nice. I had to tag along to a second one but that was fine. We ran into a gal who Doug whent to school with who used to live three doors down. Doug was golfing and wasn't with us. Charity said there were quite a few gals there that went to school with Doug. (now all mom's of teens)
We got back to Doug's house and worked on poster for Nev's party. Her party has a theme--Fiesta. Charity has some cute ideas. The card box is a huge pinata of a lama.

Have a good day!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Morning!!! I have been to the park for my run and getting ready to mow and do some yard work. Grandkids will be here this evening.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Cheryl and Cathe, we had to choose between Horizons, Bob Jones University Press, and Abeka. I've used Abeka at the preschool I was curriculum director at, I used Bob Jones for my own kids bit I didn't start them until first grade and my oldest daughter uses Horizons some. I liked the ease of the Abeka - I could just teach him without the Teacher's Manuel.

Danielle, yes, use sunscreen. Cool you patents might get a trailer so they can visit the cool sites along the way.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

JCI

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to cdjohnson

Hi ladies! We’ve “landed” in Ely, MN for the night. Saw a great deal of Lake Superior then headed inland approx 50 mi. Got here early enough that we stopped at the International Wolf Center and looked around. Tomorrow we head for Bemidji MN where the head waters of the Mississippi River is. We are making a short driving day so we can explore that area some. Holy cow the number of lakes here in the North Woods area is mind boggling and their sizes too!

Anna...you are back to work right now right?
Ashley... I figured that you would be required to do something with your hair. Glad to hear you had a great time at the book con.
Cathe...the fiesta theme could lend itself to all kinds of fun decorations,etc!
Cheryl...have fun with the kids
Danielle...what a neat thing for your parents to get!
Denise...I was laughing to myself when we pulled into this town because their lilacs are just little buds blooming and I thought of your garden that is in full swing!

I took a lot of photos of Lauren but sadly Andrew didn’t make it up there. Had some great talks with her too. Ah the darling grandkids grow up way too fast!

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to Abby0317

Hi all~
I can't believe it's already June! I've been retired a whole month!

Kimberly... good to hear you are on the "upswing"... hope it continues for you.

Anna.... have you heard from either of the banks? I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Denise... I love your layouts, especially "Cool little Dude".... does that little dude have those sunglasses on upside down? LOL
I did send a card to Patrick last week.

Cathe.... sounds like you had a good time with your grandkids... and expensive too! But I'm sure they enjoyed it!

Terry.... how's your journey going?

Last Friday, Michael and I went fishing... I learned to cast with a "thumb caster"... I liked it... didn't catch anything but a couple pieces of weeds from the water... Michael caught two fish, but being they were small, we had to release them back... We had a picnic and then hiked along a river... it was all so gorgeous out there!

I dropped by my "old" office the other day.... they were busy but I was able to talk to a couple of the girls. They hate me... LOL! They said I look so relaxed.... I am! No monthly goals and paperwork and just work~

The last couple of days I've been going through the garage, closets, drawers, and cabinets through out the house looking for items that I don't need or just forgot I had... and I'm boxing them up to take to Michael's on Thursday. They have an annual "block sale". Last year I took a bit and managed to make over $80...

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Scrapkaty

JCI

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!! Up doing laundry, going to run at the park, more yard work and grandkids again this evening.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to cdjohnson

hello and good morning

work on the baby layouts got some of them done. well look like another hot day here. I been going threw some scrapbook stuff my mom gave me that she not use and seen if I can use them. I got some strawberries little ones. I need to find a basket or something to put the vegetable in when I pick them from are garden. go to the gym and work out.

hope everyone has a nice Tuesday

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

here is a baby layout I did today

Baby layout By Southern Lady

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Evening

Terry, yes, it's full swing and gotten too hot for some things already. I've been to that area of MN.

Katy, thanks, yes he had them.upside down.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to rockmom

Hi! Went to the ballet last night to see the American Ballet Theater do a ballet called "Harlequinade." It was about a girl clown that falls in love with a boy clown but her dad doesn't want her to marry the poor boy clown and hijinks ensue. The costumes were really amazing but the ballet itself was a lot shorter than the ones I've seen before. I didn't know there was such a thing as a "short" ballet.

Cathe- It's hard to do anything on vacations because my sister gets her panties in a bunch because my mom does things with me and not her. Then she cops an attitude and it just never ends well.

Terry- Most of the female techs have short hair (shoulder length or shorter)...it's just me and this guy named Robert who have to put our hair up because we have longer hair LOL!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to DNA301

Good morning! Another busy day working on the yard and doing some food prep. I do not have to babysit so I will have scrap time later today.

Ashley - Never heard of a short ballet either.

Donna - Cute layout

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to DNA301

hello and good morning

well I am work on some more baby layouts, my garden is doing good I can't Waite to get all the vegetables well go to the gym this morning and I go back when my husband comes home from work.

hope everyone has a nice wednesday

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Good morning!!

Jeannie-Good for you for trying to get rid of stuff you don't need. I want to do that, but gee I seem to love my stuff. LOL Hope you make some money at the block sale.
Your fishing trip sounds relaxing.

Anna, Hope the stress level isn't high and the job situation works out for the better.

Cheryl- Glad to hear you have a night off from the grandkids and might get to scrap. (I think you meant Danielle cute LO)

Danielle- have a great time scrapping those baby pictures.

Ashley- I saw your hair on FB. Wow is it ever long!

Terry- How did you figure out what campgrounds to stop at? Did you google campgrounds in MN? (or any state you were traveling through?)
I've been to Mall of American many years ago, but didn't see much of MN except from the highway.
I'd like to live on the water.

Denise- it's so hard to believe Cooper is ready for schooling.

Not sure what I'm doing today. It's free and clear of any I have to do. It is our son's 48th birthday!! I don't feel old enough to have a 48 year old. He was such a cute baby, but didn't sleep all night til he was 3!!--at least that's how I remember it.

Have a nice day.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Morning.

You Google campground question got me thinking about when ubwas a kid we took vacations. My dad gotva pickup and a camper tgat fit in the pickup bed. It had a table that made a bed. My mom and I slept there and it had a bed over the cab that my dad and brother slept in. We used to use paper maps to find campgrounds on our way to Canada to go fishing or when we went to Florida, or Washington DC, etc. It was fun. My dad taught me how to read the maps and plan out trips. Dad and I planned our last trip together when we talked on the phone planning a trip to Bryce Canyon fifteen years ago. Thanks for jogging my memories!

Ashley, I had long hair like yours as a teenager. I had to put it up when I worked at the hospital and when I worked at Burger King. The second time I worked in a hospital I cut it.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to rockmom

here another layout I did

Nephew layout By Southern Lady

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Oops!! I did mean Danielle when commenting on the baby layout. Sorry!!

Terry - You can add me as hostess for August.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Heaven sent By Cdjohnson

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to cdjohnson

Hi ladies, Here we are in Minot ND. It’s a nice town but this KOA campground is nothing but gravel. Plus it’s pretty filled with semi permanent oil workers. Tomorrow we’ll be in MT and Fri we should be in Browning MT where Remington (the sculptures) has a museum as well as the Indian museum. The more west we get the more anxious hubby is bout going home!

Ashley.. a short ballet? I call your sister antics about vacation with mom just plain jealousy
Cathe...yes I google a place and see what is there as well as their website. There’s an app called RV Parky that you should get since it will list all campgrounds near any town or area you type in
Cheryl...thanks I’ll add you to the list of hostesses. Anyone else?
Danielle...cute LOs
Denise...what a great memory to share! I remember those maps too!

Time to cook supper....

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

Nephew By Cdjohnson

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! Worked on the third floor today on the 7:30-3:30 shift...out of the three shifts on the third floor, I like that one best because I get to leave early. Granted I usually come home and wind up napping but it's still getting out early LOL! I'm not looking forward to tomorrow though...I'm on body fluids and, as of late, that bench has been getting hit hard!

Cheryl- My mom's been trying to put our tent up in the yard but, every time she tries, the weather turns bad on her!

Cathe- Yeah...the kids at Girl Scouts always tell me I have "Rapunzel hair" because it's really long. My mom kept her hair super long until she was about 40 and then she just decided to cut it all off. I don't want to do that yet LOL!

Denise- I actually didn't get a job once because of my hair...after that I learned to put it up in a bun at every interview so no one sees how long my hair actually is.

Terry- The ballet we saw was shorter than some of the others. I think the longest two ballets we saw were "Don Quixote" and "Alice in Wonderland"...both of them had two intermissions.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to DNA301

Good morning!

Medical leave is officially over and back to work full time. Work life is very hectic right now with all of the changes. Yes, I did hear back from one of the banks. Interview is set up so we will see what happens.

Hope everyone has a great day!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Anna C

hello and good morning

Cheryl- thoes are nice layouts.

well today nothing much going on work on more layouts. i think i am going to mow the lawn today. i talk to my mom yesterday to see if she got are check for the property tax. which my mom did get. i guess today my parents are going down to see my brother and the baby today. tomorrow my husband took the day off that way we can go into boise to take the truck to the dealer ship to get oil change and show them on the passager side the fabric is unraveling like the stich on it and there something eles to. so i think my husband going to drop me off at the mall and then he will go to the dealer ship.

Ann- hope you have a nice day at work going back. hope that interview gose well for you at the bank.

Terry- look like you have a nice travel.

hope everyone has a nice thrusday

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Morning, well almost afternoon here.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

First Easter By Rockmom

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Easter By Rockmom

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to rockmom

Baby layout By Southern Lady

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

Baby knox By Southern Lady

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Home from meetings and exhausted from just sitting all day.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Friends make the good times better By Cdjohnson

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Do you want to build a snowman? By Cdjohnson

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! Today we found out another tech is leaving the lab...and the lab's solution to this is to almost force us into giving up our weekends and days off to cover for the staffing shortage. I had to give up my Fourth of July Holiday and a few weekends in order to ensure the lab was covered for the summer. I don't understand why they just don't hire more people!

Anna- Good luck with the interview! I so hated interviews LOL!

Cheryl- I have the same problem at work. I'm more tired on the days I'm not busy than I am on the days I'm super, crazy busy.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to DNA301

Good morning. It looks like it could rain. We need it.

Anna- Hope you have the stamina for going back to work. Sure hope the interview goes well, they offer you tons of money and a lot of benefits!! .................seriously, hoping it is a good offer and you'd like doing it. What day is the interview?

Ashley- I'm so so sorry you have to work on the 4th of July. I remember that you were exciting you had it off. Surely they could hire someone by then.

Terry- thanks for the information about the app. I'll download it today. I don't know when we will be going on a trip other than our annual Devil's Lake camping adventure with the family.
Have fun at the museum. I'd love to visit the Native American museum. They are of great interest to me ever since I had a course in college on their lives. The Natives were and still are treated so badly.

Danielle- Your new nephew is a cutie.

Not sure what I'll do today. I was going to week whack. I'm praying for rain. LOL ............not really.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Going to the park for a run before it gets too hot. Need to cook a few more things ti have on head for the next few days for dh while I work and skeep.

Cathe - I hate weed whacking!!

Anna - good luck with the job interview

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Hello. Its a bright sunshiney day and HOT, so hot. blah

Anna, good luck going back to work and with your interview. Hope its a fruitful interview and is just what you need!

Ashley, sorry about your employee shortage and forcing you to give up a holiday and weekend. Maybe they will hire sooner rather than later. Its good to be a tam player though and step up to help out even though it stinks.

I picked out some paint samples, I want to repaint some rooms with satin paint that is washable. Flat paint though it looks nice is not practical with kids. Wish it weren't so hot outside cause I need to be sanding and painting the kid rocker and a nightstand I am redoing to match Sadie's dresser. Oh well gonna have to suck it up and do it eventually.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Pizza Box Hat By Rockmom

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Fun at the PArk By Rockmom

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

JCI

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Y'all, I am so tired of trying to think up embellishments for boy layouts. I sure wish there were some standard thing other than stars for boys like flowers that come in all sizes, shapes and colors. Stars are somewhat flexible but not nearly as much as flowers are. So toys, stars, shapes... What else?

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to rockmom

Howdy! We are in Deer Lodge MT which is just shy of Missoula. Gorgeous trip thru some of theRockies and we have a lot more to see tomorrow. We’ll stop in Spokane WA tomorrow night and after 6 hr driving we should be home Sunday! Did not see the museum as we turned south before that. Route changes at hubbys will!

Anna...good luck with going back to work and with the interview!
Ashley...Fluids doesn’t sound like a fun bench to be on. I bet that they aren’t hiring to make their budget look good
Cathe...maybe show rum the app and give him the idea of going somewhere else too. Like close to a golf course maybe
Cheryl.. darling card and LOs
Danielle.. how far apart are the 2 nephews? Both are just precious boys
Denise...I’ve been hoarding new boy papers for the books I want to do for my sons. So I am looking for boy embellies too! Sporting balls, cars, worms, monsters, books, Julie nutting boy stamps, gears, hats, and plaids stripes and wild colors is what I’m looking at using.
Katy.. got Michael painting yet?

This WiFi stuff at these parks is rotten at best! Hope this loads.....

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

Terry, thanks.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to rockmom

Hi! Today was not a fun day at the lab...we were critically short (two techs just never showed up for work...they didn't even call out) and, somehow, I wound up never having lunch. The leads said they were going to help so we could take breaks for lunches but, of course, they disappeared right around lunch and came back just as the shift ended. Some people who worked in teams could break each other for lunches but I was on Coag (no partner) so I had no one to break me. I came home starving...and went straight to Girl Scouts LOL!

Cathe- My job isn't super big on hiring. They interview tons of people but nothing ever seems to come out of it.

Denise- I have to repaint some of the spots in my room. I have areas where the paint doesn't seem to stick to the walls.

Terry- My sister and her husband love visiting nation parks. I think their goal is to do all of them or something.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to DNA301

hello there

Terry- one of my nephew lives in Arizona In bull head my other nephew lives in California Huntington beach so they are both far. but I get to see them at Christmas time when I go to my parents place.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Denise - Cogs and gears. I agree boys embellies are harder. Baby blocks and animals?

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Thanks, Cheryl. Yep, much harder.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to rockmom

Good morning!

Welcome home Terry! Hope your damage was minimal!

Hope everyone has a great day!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Off to work again. Will chat more tomorrow evening.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to cdjohnson

hello and good morning

well Friday we left to go to Boise. we got into Boise and my husband drop me off at the mall. he went to the toyota dealer ship to get a oil change. so i walk around the mall went into bath and body works and they had a sale so i bought some stuff. then walk around look at other store. then went into kohls and bought my husband some new shoes seen he need some good shoes seen he ruine is other shoes. then i bought me some shorts for the gym that i been look for not to short and some tank tops for working out and i bought a cute tank top. did some more look around and then my husband call and told me that he was come to get be. then affter he pick me up we went to craftwarehouse and i bought some tags for my garden that way i can write what they are and i bought some twinkle little lights that where on sale and bought some campping paper i saw and bought a wood box to hold my veg from the garden as i pick them. so we head back home stop and had lunch. well they told my husband about the seat in the passager side that is kind of unraveling that we have to make appointment and it be awhile in the shop so i might have to drive my car and he drive the truck but we will see what we will do.
saturday didn't do anything just went to the store, sunday it was cold here and windy. but they said going to warm up this week. today go to the gym later on. oh are dishwasher is acting up so we will have to call someone to see what up with it. i talk to my parents yesterday little bit

hope everyone has a nice monday

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!

Grandson and Granddog are still sleeping.

Denise- your LOs of Emmett are cute.
Sadie-- Oh My Gosh she is so adorable!! I'm glad she graduated from using the helmet!! Both of your daughter's kids have the most beautiful eyes. Is that from Mommy or Daddy?
Your photos are gorgeous.
I thing Terry and Cheryl covered most of the boy things I used with boy LOs. I'll add slingshots, tricycles, marbles, trains, balls. denim," jean" pockets
Do you have a Cricut or Silhouette?
Sorry it's so hot down there.

Terry- I saw the tree limb down at your home. I'm sure glad there was no damage. Too bad you missed the museum. Maybe next time.

Ashley- gee isn't it against the contract to not have a break? or doesn't the state of NY have a law that you deserve a bathroom break?
I saw your photo on FB. You looked "fabulous-darling!"

Ok Van is up, guess I'd better go see if he needs breakfast right away. Poor kid has so much trouble with allergies.

Have a nice day.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Danielle- glad to hear your shopping trip was a success and you found the tags for the plant names.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Thank you Cathe. I have blue eyes and so do all my kids. Sadie and Cooper's dad has green eyes but they got the double recessive blue eyes. Emmett and Christopher's parents both have blue eyes. Courtney and Cara's mom has blue eyes but their dad being a black man has brown eyes and so do the girls.

Cara got a new tablet so they let her video messenger me on it. Courtney has been doing that for a year and a half. Cara of course got in on the action but now she has her own tablet and is so excited to use it to talk to us.

Hubby got the big gate up across the playroom hallway upstairs so now I feel better about Sadie playing upstairs. She crawls anywhere she wants t go now. How can they go from not crawling at all to moving fast?

Yall have a good day.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to rockmom

Morning! We got home Saturday at 7:30 PM after a 10 hr drive. Seems like the closer to home we got the more Hubby wanted to get there. We were sooooo lucky that branch didn't hit & break the kitchen window or the corner of the roof on the pavillon. All damage was a bent section of gutter. Steve sawed it all up yesterday while I went on a massive grocery shopping trip. Today is all about laundry and cleaning up the trailer. Glad to be home!

Anna: what a beautiful photo of you & Bucky! How's your brother doing?
Ashley: Loved your new avi on FB Your sister wants to see all the national parks? That's a lot!
Cathe: Yep, denim pockets and tricycles! I told hubby I was sad that we were missing so many cool things but he's right that pulling a 33 ft trailer and 3 dogs does not lend itself to sightseeing. Bummer!!!
Cheryl: how are things? Are you still doing the Keto diet?
Danielle: glad you got to go on a shopping trip and found your tags & veggie basket.
Denise: I totally agree that your grands have the most gorgeous blue eyes plus they are cute anyway!! Sadie & Cooper look so much alike! Yea for baby gates! Maybe you might know the answer to this. While driving thru MT some of the hills toward Missoula had a dusty purple to them. Hubby thought it had to be some kind of mineral there since it looked like the hills were mined. Any ideas? Mt has mines for sapphires but this wasn't in that area.

Best get moving---

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Abby0317

Terry- Welcome home!!
I forgot that you had the dogs with you and might not be able to sightsee. Duh.
I hope Denise knows the answer to the purple colored hills. They sound beautiful

Denise- Glad to hear the gate is up. Yes, those little ones go so fast it's unbelievable.

I had a fun two days with the 12 year old. We usually do something goofy and have a laughing fit.
They are building a new school off the road that I constantly use.--Perryville. There have been signs up for quite awhile stating when it roads were going to be closed.--- for repairs in anticipation of more traffic. I knew they were going to be closed but not which day. Van and I had gone to the RV camper center because he LOVES going thru the RV's. Since we were there I used a service road to get to the mail road instead of going thru two traffic lights. I started down Perryville and said to Van, "I don't think we're supposed to be on this". But there were no holes where the cement war torn up, no workers either so I continued. Well got farther down and there were barricades across the road! Fortunately I could go around them and continue down Perryville. We laughed and laughed.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Terry, I don't know much MT geology. Could it be lavender fields or was it in the rocks above the tree line? I do know there are lavender farms around Missoula.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

There is some quartzite that looks purple, it could possibly be that.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Terry - Yes I am doing Keto. I plan on it being my new way of life. I feel so much better with out all the junk in my system.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!!

I miss not having Van and Ozzie (dog) here. The house seems empty.

I'd love to see the purple mountainsides. I love mountains and oceans---neither of which I have here. LOL

I plan on doing housework today.

catch you all later.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

good morning

Terry- Welcome home!

well they said today going to be a warm day here. tomorrow they said we should be in the 90's. my garden is going good and growing. I think next year I am going to do something different plant all the veg. going to the gym later on. are cherry tree the cherry are come they are green right now. I wish I live close to my nephew that I can see them more often.

cathe- sound like you had a nice time with
hope everyone has a nice Tuesday Van and Ozzie (dog)

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Morning!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Here are the 4 layouts I completed over the last few days.

Daddy's Best Bud By Rockmom

My First Thanksgiving By Rockmom

Grandchildren are a Blessing By Rockmom

Bookworm By Rockmom

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Dental procedure went well. ACU on love

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!

Cheryl- glad to hear your dental procedure went ok. I bet you're glad that's over.

Danielle- I've always wanted a cherry tree. Hope the birds don't eat them all once they get red.

Denise- I love all your LOs. I'll be back a bit later to get a closer look.

My friend Lynn texted me to walk. I haven't done that in a long time. I'd better. bbl

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

hello and good morning

well today going to be a hot hot day in the 90's. which I am fine with. yesterday I went to the nursery again to buy some mulch for are tomato plants. my arm are sore for work them out yesterday I forgot to stretch them when I was done. well I need to make a father day card for my dad I just don't know what. well today nothing much going on here go to the gym and walk the dogs. I want to go threw my closet in the spare room and see if I can make it look little better.

cathe- I don't think the birds will get the cherry because of the dogs and there not much birds around here seen we live close to a farmer. but we will see.

hope everyone has a nice wedensday

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

Morning! Be busy around here since we need to load the trailer for our weekend jaunt down to southern or for a dog event. This time we are dry camping and I'm not a fan of that.

I have a friend in CO from years ago that recently lost her 24 yr old daughter. She's grieving so hard which I understand but I'm at a loss of what I can do to help her. Any ideas? The daughter had Asperger's but was so talented artistically. I don't even know how she passed but I am wondering if it wasn't suicide. Any help or ideas on what to say or do?

Denise: love your new LOs, especially the circles & hearts. I pinned one so I can remember the technique. I assume that was a cricut cut (or silhouette). The MT mountain was just at timberline.
Cathe: I did do the pocket stamp for the boy LOs and not so much for cards. Thanks again for the catalog!

Can't be chatty this morning as I have to run into downtown Portland. Hate that place! There's a saying here "keep Portland weird" but I add and keep their drivers crazy!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

Terry - I have no ideas on how to comfort your friend.

Cathe - Yes glad it is over.

I ran at the park, did laundry, cleaned the kitchen, cooked, cleaned the kitchen AGAIN, slept, cooked, now off to work.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Not an easy task. Just be there for your friend. Listen. Etc.

Yes the heart wreath was a silhouette cut. Paige Evans designed it.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to rockmom

Hi! Survive the dance studio show last Sunday...it went well enough. I mean, no one fell and no dance was a total disaster so I guess that's a good thing LOL! All the classes I danced in went off and I didn't forget my solo which was an actual fear of mine. Now it's just trying to figure out what I'm going to do with my time on Tuesday and Thursday nights!

Cathe- Thanks! That picture was from our dress rehearsal...there was a photographer at the show so I'm hoping the studio posts his pictures so I can...borrow...them.

Terry- Yeah...that's their goal. My sister and her husband want to do all the National Parks. I think they're adding a few more to their "already done" list when they go on vacation in August.

Cheryl- Is doing a Keto diet hard?

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics