Username Post: Where to donate nearly new items        (Topic#1674477)
MNJ83 
New Kid On the Block
  • MNJ83 on 06-17-18 10:43 PM

Hello Ladies;

My name is Mark, and I am hoping someone can help me or point me in the right direction.

My beloved mother, of only 57 years, is in the process of transitioning out of this life into the next, due to advanced breast cancer.

She has collected, over the past 2 or 3 years, several machines, and supplies for scrapbooking, card making, embossing, and (embellishing?) planners. Lots of some decorative type tape she likes......As much as I know that I want to treasure all items that her hands have touched, I would like these materials to go to good use, instead of sit in a dark storage. I have thought about taking up some of her crafting, but I do not know what I will do when she is no longer with us.

If I decide to donate her items and supplies, could anyone point me in the right direction, please ? I would love to give it to St Jude’s, but I am not sure kids will get use of such items.

Thanks for any help.

I have posted this in another forum as well in hopes of getting some guidance.

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to MNJ83

So very sorry for your loss.

Call a nursing home and see if they might need such things. Or an orphanage. Or an assisted living? Good that your are giving them to be used. Your mom would love that it is being used,

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to southgirl

I am so sorry for your loss.

Do you have a Ronald McDonald house in your area.
There are some ladies that hold crops for charities organizations that might like to have the machines, but they might be harder to find unless you know someone that does a lot of scrapping.

Resale shops that support the homeless might be another avenue.

Vivian Lake
Diva
Vivian Lake
In response to Sewflake

If you live near a big city, then reach out to a local shop or scrapbooking group. You will have to do a little digging to find the group but I'm sure there is one. Most likely someone in that group is teaching or knows someone who teaches classes.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Vivian Lake

I am sorry that you have to deal with this that is very thoughtful for you to do. i was in a local scrapbook club that was in Columbus Oh that turned into a charity.. they took etra supplies to childrens hospital for some people would use them while they are there.... another was a woman who taught unwed mothers how to scrap their babys it was the only photo they might get.
I would do a google search in the city you are in for scrapbooking clubs & ours used to come up

ppilgrim
Idol
ppilgrim
In response to anda11

So sorry for your loss.

I take my new & unused scrapbooking stuff (mostly from kits) to our local Value Village. They do up little bags of such things for their crafting section. If your mom had crafting books or DVDs, the thrift stores will often take those as well.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics