Username Post: Paper trimmers are the bane of my scrapbooking        (Topic#1674543)
New Kid On the Block

I have 2 fiskars, Cuttlebug, Martha Stewart, Cutter Pillar Pro and a laser square. I have the most luck with a ruler and a blade.
Am I the only one with this issue?

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to muffybf

I agree but I can't straight without them either so......
LOL

justLyn
Queen
justLyn
In response to Doreena

My exacto knife is my most used scrapping tool. My cutter get used maybe once a year? It makes fuzzy cuts when it doesn't just tear the paper, even with a brand new blade.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to justLyn

I have had this trimmer forever and I use the titanium blades. I've never had a problem.

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to mrsmiller

Shannon--I use the same one..Anything you use..there is a learning curve-I know they can be frustrating at times!!!

don1
don1 
Pro
don1
  • don1 on 06-29-18 06:00 PM
In response to MarciLB

I don't have a problem with any of my 7 trimmers. I do have to do some creative adjustments on a couple of them, but I get straight cuts.
My knife is my most used cutting tool. I buy my blades by the hundred for about $20. Model train and airplane shops or on line. I also bought a small, suction cup blade sharpener at a booth at the fair … works great and extends the blade life.

https://www.amazon.com/Sharpener-Sharpening- Positioning...

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to don1

I feel that any trimmer is not perfect (just like a man). My Fiskars Pro Trimmer (self sharpening rotary blade} makes straight and smooth cuts every time...But it is difficult to see where the cut is going to be made unlike the portable trimmer mrsmiller mentioned above. The portable trimmer lets you cut inside the paper where the rotary does not. I go thru blades at an alarming rate. I use a lot of glitter paper and that will dull the portable's blade FAST. Guillotine cutter are good but they have the same issues the rotary trimmers do. They are bulky too.

New Kid On the Block
In response to southgirl

Thank you for your feedback. I believe that is me that’s the issue. I just needed to vent.

ppilgrim
Idol
ppilgrim
In response to muffybf

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who has tried trimmer after trimmer, all to no avail. I've got my eye the Premium Paper Trimmer that WRMK are releasing next month. It's not cheap but it looks like it might be a better value than the plastic, rubbishy ones I've been using.

mindygail
Pro
mindygail
In response to ppilgrim

I agree with south girl and the rest ! Lol I bought a simple fiskars trimmer it lasted over 6 years usually worked good the in 2017 assembly line Xmas card making the wire broke I continued to use despite the wire missing for many months then I bit the bullet and went here scrapbook.com and bought ( among other things) lol a Kaiser cutter trimmer for under 40 bucks it finally arrived with zero instructions!!! I opened pulled out and used it ...no cut ! Tried again ..read again used it ...no cut ! Do days later I called scrapbook.com spoke to Paula explained the problem and she goes " there are no instructions with this product you'll have to return it" I'm like ..WHAT,?? I just got it ! I even had my craft guru -- jr my boyfriend attempted to make it work ... No cutty! So it's in the mail as we speak! Don't get me wrong I love scrapbook.com it's actually a love ! But there are no instructions with most of the product ...why? So yeah they're my babe too ! Lol

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
I have had this trimmer forever and I use the titanium blades. I've never had a problem.

I use the same one and no problems. Being I like to mat my photos I have and love the Xacro laser trimmer. It is fabulous.
Products Referenced in This Post:

scrapmomof4
Pro
scrapmomof4
In response to mrsmiller

Shannon I've had my trimmer for yrs and still love it

New Kid On the Block
In response to scrapmomof4

Thanks to you all for your posts. At least I’m not alone.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics