Username Post: Glad to see you are back Henri Jean        (Topic#1674553)
anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

we all sure missed you hon

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

Thank you so much Linda! How sweet to be missed!

It was a good vacation but its nice to be sleeping back in our own bed again.

Will be leaving next week for a trip around Pennsylvania and Virginia - possibly Washington, don't know yet. Bill has a license plate meet in Valley Forge on the 9th or 10th for several days and we will make a vacation of the area out of it for 2-3 weeks. I will have my computer with me and check in as I can, which should be every day.

While he is in the license plate convention I usually stay in our hotel room and am on the computer all day.

Since I've been home, I've been doing digital pages 10-12 hours a day to get caught up! And I almost am.

Then after I catch up I will cook do laundry and clean again.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Henri Jean

• Henri Jean Said:
Thank you so much Linda! How sweet to be missed!

It was a good vacation but its nice to be sleeping back in our own bed again.

Will be leaving next week for a trip around Pennsylvania and Virginia - possibly Washington, don't know yet. Bill has a license plate meet in Valley Forge on the 9th or 10th for several days and we will make a vacation of the area out of it for 2-3 weeks. I will have my computer with me and check in as I can, which should be every day.

While he is in the license plate convention I usually stay in our hotel room and am on the computer all day.

Since I've been home, I've been doing digital pages 10-12 hours a day to get caught up! And I almost am.

Then after I catch up I will cook do laundry and clean again.

I bet it is great to sleep in your own beds for a change

That is great you will still be here for a bit

since you have been digi pages that long I bet you will fi nishe them quickly

enjoy your new trip to Pensilvania, virgina & possibly Washington

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

Thanks Linda.

My mother's birthday is coming up - I didn't realize how quickly it was sneaking up!

I'm doing a book for her from all 3 of us kids, 7 grandkids and 10 great grandkids.

Everyone is sending me pictures to scrap and I need to finish it and download to Shutterfly by 3rd week in July to have it done in time. Gives me 2-2 1/ weeks. So I'm going crazy with it.

So glad its digital - I could not make the deadline otherwise.

As I catch up what everyone sends, then I can go back to my cruise pages.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Henri Jean

that is great that you are making an album for her birthday she will probably love it with every body in it that is great that it is digital so you can do it faster

mindygail
Pro
mindygail
In response to anda11

Henri Jean welcome back !!!! I bet the weather is fantastic up north ( I live in North lol Texas) not my ideal climate ! I adore. Xmas and cold weather so enjoy the slightly cooler temps up north! Btw - I'm asking my family for digital scrapbooking software I can use with my laptop what gets you such great results yet not too high priced ? I've wanted since 2005 to do digital and physical scrapbooking ( hybrid scrapper ) excited!!! I think you've told me similar information before sorry if redundant! Wb! Enjoy your upcoming trip !!!!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to mindygail

Hi - I think I tried all the software to find one that was easy and decided on My Memories - just put .com after the name.

Its about $29 or $39, not sure. Here's a coupon number for $10 off - STMMMS54655 (just type it in where it asks if you have a coupon code). I don't work for them, but I do get some free perks if people use it, but so do the people who use my code.

If you use the code, you will get papers and things to use for free, along with the discount. I love getting the free stuff every week.

If you use My Memories, its great because you can use jpg or png images which I love. I also use photoshop to edit some of my images, but not necessary with My Memories, just helps me do some more advanced stuff.

My Memories works much like photosho9p but on a very easy level. I taught myself to use it in 4 hours and made my first page. I have struggled to do digital in photoshop - just can't make pages. Just color things and edit things.

Printing into book form - I started using Shutterfly but it can be pricey. I stick with it because all my books are of the same format for cover and spine so I don't want to change companies.

There are a dozen or more printing companies you can choose from and some are pretty reasonable - you just download the pages.

Or you can print them directly through My Memories. I've heard those books are beautiful and cost less than some of the others.

Most printing companies have sales and that is the only time I have Shutterfly print mine - when the sales are good.

One friend uses Clark Book printing and loves the quality and her's are a lot less than mine, especially when she waits for their sales.

I love the Shutterfly quality but they are more expensive. I just like that all my travel books match like a volume set so I stay with them.

Let me know if you have questions or need help. But from all I have checked, My Memories is the easiest and most inexpensive program for scrapbooking. And once you download it, you work offline so I work on trips, on planes, in cruise ship cabins.

My husband is in a license plate convention today and yesterday I sat at the table with him off-line and got two pages done.

If you decided to give it a try, let me know and I'll get some papers and things to you. Just let me know what kind of events you are scrapping and I'll send you tons of papers and things.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics