Username Post: 1st Album        (Topic#1674559)
don1
don1 
Pro
don1
  • don1 on 06-29-18 06:40 PM

I posted pages from our Hawaii trips in '98 & '99. I went to a scrapbook store (Lasting Memories) and was invited to use the class room when not in use. I had really no idea as to what to do, but the staff were very helpful, but not overly so.

All in all I still like it, but I wish I knew 18 years ago what I have learned over the years. A couple of explosion pages would have been really neat.

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl
In response to don1

Don, I really enjoyed looking through your 1st album! I started scrapping when you did and my early pages look similar. I loved my shape cutters from CM (still do, lol). The best part are the beautiful memories preserved, . I look at some of our vacation pages and the same event has 5 pages ... same as you, would like it more consolidated the way I do now.
Speaking of that, I still have a Hawaii trip from 1988 to scrap when I went with a couple of my girlfriends. Thanks for the inspiration and walk down memory lane.

KatieJo
Governor
KatieJo
In response to gluemore girl

I checked out your gallery a little... including the 1st album which was pretty neat. It does follow the trends of a few years ago, but it looks good and is a great accomplishment.

I like idea that I can see a progression in the trends and skills in my scrapping. I think that is part of the fun of scrapping... (or any crafting). But in the case of scrapping, I have found that essentially two moments in time are really being captured... the moment when the photos were taken, and the moment of creation/completion of the page/project. Yesterday my craft would have looked different than it does today, and if I'd done it tomorrow, it would look different still. Kind of neat thought really.

Again, TFS!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to don1

every page is wonderful Don this is such a great album tfs

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics