Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: July new Layouts and Cards        (Topic#1674577)
DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! Today my mom and I went to Broadway in Bryant Park and then to the Disney Store and the bookstore (I had a gift card I'd received from one of my Scout Parents and I'd been saving it LOL). Tomorrow, my sister left us a list of chores we have to do. Her husband's nephew is being baptized over the weekend and they have to go upstate for the baptism and she has a housewarming party to go to so we have to do a bunch of chores for her. On the plus side, though, my mom said we can go check out this new dance studio I've been looking at. It's the only place that offers advanced level classes for adults.

Cathe- The shows that were at Broadway in Bryant Park today were Phantom of the Opera, Beautiful, Desperate Measures, and On a Clear Day You Can See Forever. Each show gets up and sings two or three songs on the stage but there are no sets and no costumes. It's pretty cool because, the theater being so expensive, you get to hear some great songs for free. I'm off from work next Thursday and I'm hoping to go again.

Denise- Good luck with the Ikea furniture!

Terry- I've learned not to trust life when it starts to get quiet. I just assume it's getting ready for another vicious and unexpected attack.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to DNA301

Hello good morning
Up early this morning. Look like another hot hot day here. I lost my sunglasses I been looking for them and can’t find them. I am bum.

Hope everyone has a nice Friday

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to southern lady

Good morning!

Terry- gee --sure sorry you are being hit with all these expenses!!
Hope the dog is ok.

Danielle- hope you find your sunglasses!

Denise- It's too bad you have to repaint. I rather enjoy painting, but wouldn't want to do so many rooms at one time.
Where are you thinking of going for your vacation?

Cheryl- very pretty pocket letter.

Ashley- I'd love to hear songs from all those Broadway shows. What a cool thing to attend.
I think it would be wonderful for you to find new, adult dance classes.

The day at the races was really fun. It was overcast and not hot.
I have no idea on betting or choosing horses...........none of us do.
We do a fun thing---since there are 8 of us we look for a race that has 8 horses running. We write the number 1 thu 8 on pieces of paper and pick one. We throw in $2 each into the kitty. If your horse comes in first you get the $16. I won!
I also won $12.50 on one race and 10 cents on another.

I need to do some cleaning today.
Have a great day.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to scrappin 2

Morning ladies! Nothing going on here and I feel like it is going to be a lazy day! Temp is supposed to reach 78 and it's very cool and nice out which is godsend due to the fact we have no AC.

Anna: I really love you photo of you & Bucky! Working on those cards?
Ashley: how awesome to get to do things like that! Broadway in the Park---WOW!!! I really need to visit NYC and get to those museums and things like that.
Cathe: I have to laugh since I'm like a kid in a candy store and I want all the new stamps, ink, gadgets, etc. I could literally open my own store! Problem is I need to use the stuff!!! Sounds like you had a great time at the races!
Cheryl: doing anything fun? I think I skipped a pocket letter on the last page so I'll go check.
Danielle: When is your friend coming to visit? Is he driving?
Denise: Yeah a vacation!! Any idea yet of where? I think I'm going to ask for a trip to CO in Aug to visit my sister for my birthday. We'll see how that goes over!! I need to paint too---but the open living/dining room that needs it also has 10 ft tall peaked ceiling and I hate being on a ladder that tall. So I'm putting it off.

Have a good Friday everyone!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

Good afternoon!! I am doing laundry and plan on scrapping

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Abby0317

• Abby0317 Said:
Morning ladies! Nothing going on here and I feel like it is going to be a lazy day! Temp is supposed to reach 78 and it's very cool and nice out which is godsend due to the fact we have no AC.

Anna: I really love you photo of you & Bucky! Working on those cards?
Ashley: how awesome to get to do things like that! Broadway in the Park---WOW!!! I really need to visit NYC and get to those museums and things like that.
Cathe: I have to laugh since I'm like a kid in a candy store and I want all the new stamps, ink, gadgets, etc. I could literally open my own store! Problem is I need to use the stuff!!! Sounds like you had a great time at the races!
Cheryl: doing anything fun? I think I skipped a pocket letter on the last page so I'll go check.
Danielle: When is your friend coming to visit? Is he driving?
Denise: Yeah a vacation!! Any idea yet of where? I think I'm going to ask for a trip to CO in Aug to visit my sister for my birthday. We'll see how that goes over!! I need to paint too---but the open living/dining room that needs it also has 10 ft tall peaked ceiling and I hate being on a ladder that tall. So I'm putting it off.

Have a good Friday everyone!

my friend come tomorrow. no he is flying out so I have to go pick him up at the airport

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Good morning!! I am up early for my run. I hope to get in my scrap room today before work. I decided to read last night instead of scrapping.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!!

Cheryl- Hope it is going to cool off a bit down there!

Terry- I used to feel like a kid in a candy store when I went to Archiever's.
I wouldn't want to get on a ladder up that high either.

Danielle- have a great time with your friend. Have you been friends since childhood?

Anna- I haven't been on fb for a couple of days, I'll have to go see the photo of you and Bucky.

I don't have any plans today. It feels great!

Have a nice day everyone.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Cathe - Yes it is a bit cooler here in the 80s.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning! We are finally getting some much needed rain here and we are supposed to have cooler temps this week as well. Looking forward to cutting the ac off and opening the windows.

Danielle, your garden boxes have produced some nice veggies for you. Enjoy your time with your friend.

Cathe, going to the races sounds like fun. I like how you all bet too. Look forward to seeing your cards that you made with the SU group.

Terry, your card is gorgeous and purple is one of my favorite colors. I completely get your frustration with all of the medical bills! That photo of me and Bucky is one of my favorites and Bucky took it with the remote on my camera too. Yes, I have been working on some cards. Got Halloween and Christmas cards in the works. Hope to share something soon.

Cheryl, deer meat is very popular here. I prefer beef any day but lots of my family eats deer meat regularly. I am in awe of you and your dedication to running.

Denise, did you have a good experience with Ikea? I wish we had one close to us. Where do you all want to go for your vacation?

Anybody heard from Katie, Jeannie, or Andrea? Tis the season for Andrea and I’m sure she is up to her eyeballs in ice cream!

Have a great Sunday ladies! We off to Cracker Barrel for lunch later on.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to Anna C

Morning! We start a climb into the high 90s today and me without AC!! He's coming tomorrow morning to fix it so I hope it works!
On a HAPPY note: I'm going to fly to CO to see my sister the last week of Aug. Oh happy day!!! It's my birthday present!! As long as Steve doesn't have to do shopping he'll agree to anything! tehehe…..

Anna: its been soooo dry here and we are having fires everywhere now. Usually smaller ones but they pop up in wheat fields, highway meridians, etc. I haven't heard from our missing friends but sure wish they'd check in.
Ashley: did you hear that there's an Aquaman movie? I think I saw that right. How awesome for you to be able to go to an advanced dance studio!
Cathe: Enjoy the "lazy" day!! Are you doing another camping adventure soon?
Cheryl: Whatcha reading? Is there a special genre of books you like? I love mysteries & cop books. Should have been one maybe!
Danielle: glad to hear your friend will there today. Have a great time! Wow your corn is looking awesome!
Denise: Hope you are home safe & sound. Do you take your mom up with you when you go?

Best get ready for another jaunt to get the lunches!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

Terry - It was a romance that I was reading as a change of pace. I usually read murder/mystery.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Are You Lloking For Trouble? By Cdjohnson

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Yes, we are home. The reason for going to Missouri is mom. This time we needed to renew car tag and drivers license. She passed the eye and road sign test they give seniors.

If we go on a vacation we are considering Yellowstone as our number one choice.

Edited by rockmom on 07-22-18 12:05 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to rockmom

Today our Grandson Van, age 12 was Baptized. Of course being Catholic we do it soon after birth so waiting until someone is 12 seems like it should be Confirmation to me. It was a very nice service. Then Doug and Family, my SIL, Rose and Rum and I went out to eat.
Then we had to go feed the fish. One had died and I made Rum get it out. There are other sick fish so I don't know what I'll find tomorrow. Sonny has not had sick fish for years and years. Then there was a problem with the overflow tank and I had to call Sonny. He's relaying to Casey what way to turn this "red" knob. So I thought all was good, but told them to stand by. I needed to call them back and no one answered. So we waited a bit and finally they called back.
They are all at a Water Park in the Dells. So I had to wait til they checked their phones.
I knew Rum wanted to get home to watch the Cub game.
He was very patient though............you know, anything for the DD. LOL

I got home and scrapped the day away.

I sure do miss Andrea, Katie, Jeannie!

Anna- Hope your dinner at Cracker Barrel was good.

Terry- we want to go camping with our friends Mark and Nance. We haven't even discussed a date. They have a brand new granddaughter and are helping with the two year old.
Nance is going somewhere the end of August.
We are going to Oregon Aug 7-14.
Maybe in Sept we can go somewhere.

All those fires out West and NW sure are scary.

Denise - I'l like to go to Yellowstone, but I don't want to camp there-----bears!!!

I am going to try and upload some cards and LOs I photographed, but it's almost time to get some dinner.

Have a nice evening everyone.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Cathe - Sorry about the dead fish. I hope no more die. Glad you got to scrap. Did you take pictures of the baptism?

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! Wet and crazy weekend here in NYC...It's supposed to rain on and off for most of this coming week but I guess that's alright since I go back to work Monday. I'm irrationally nervous because not only am I going back and I'm always nervous going back after vacation but I'm in the upstairs lab and I haven't been there since two weekends ago. I spend most of my time exiled to the third floor or to offsite labs now.

Cathe- Both my cousins were like that. They didn't get baptized until they really had to (meaning they were in like second grade and in danger of not making first communion) but that was mostly because their mother didn't believe in sacraments or anything...she did believe in getting money from my grandmother for gifts afterwards though.

Terry- I spent most of the weekend following all the trailers and things that have come out of San Diego ComicCon (and wishing we'd get that kind of level of cool stuff at New York ComicCon). I'm not yet sure how I feel about the "Aquaman" movie given DC's track record of making horrible movies.

Cheryl- Are you reading something good? I'm always looking to add to my to be read pile!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to DNA301

Good morning!!

I woke up at 5:11 and didn't think I was going to go back to sleep. But I did and didn't wake up til 8:10.

It is beautiful here today.

I plan on doing some cleaning and scrapping.

Cheryl- I took a few pictures, but Charity (DIL) took some with her big camera. I'll get her card. I still have camping to scrap, so I'm not in any hurry to get her card.

Have a nice day everyone. bbl

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Good morning!! Overcast and cooler today. Went for my 8 mile run, going to the grocery and babysitting this evening.

Ashley - The book was a romance which is really not my favorite genre. I prefer murder mystery. It was called a The Secret Mistress by Mary Balogh.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Ashley, I just read Dead Heat by Joel Tosenberg, it's an end of the age type book. Now I'm reading Nighthawk by Clive Cussler. It's an international save the world kinda book in the vein of Tom Clancy. Very adventurous. Love Cussler, my favorite author.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Denise - I might need to check those out

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! Went back to work today and it was insane. I went up to the main lab this morning only to get told that I was supposed to be training at the lab across the street today. Apparently, the schedule was changed while I was on vacation and none of the leads thought to, maybe, e-mail me to let me know! I had to run across the street and down two blocks in the rain to get to this other lab!

Cathe- It was windy and rainy here today. I heard we're in for a mega-hot August though.

Cheryl- If I'm not reading Young Adult/New Adult novels (seriously...the only books I find that have more than 400 pages are in those categories), I like sci-fi, fantasy, and medical fiction.

Denise- My favorite author is, was, and will always be Robin Cook. He writes medical fiction...which sometimes predicts medical fact.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to DNA301

Ashley - I like Robin Cook

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!

It's fun reading about your favorite authors.
Lately I'm "into" Fiona Davis. She only has 3 novels out. I'm waiting to get the third one at the library. I'm not sure it is out yet.
I loved Elin Hilderband's early books, but wasn't happy with The Identical s. Recently I liked Kayla McLaren who wrote Firelight Girls. That could be an all time favorite book.

Ashley- Someone should have told you about the change. I tell ya, incompetence seems to exist everywhere nowadays.

Denise the photos of the boys on fb were cute. It's so nice that they are about the same age and can play together.

Today is Rum's birthday. He is going out to lunch with his sister. I'm invited too, but I have a hair cut and color at 10:00. They are going at 11:15 so I don't know if I'll be done. It doesn't bother me at all that I can't make it. I had plans to go to Sam's and copy some photos for my brothers. The restaurant is way downtown and the opposite direction of Sam's.

Terry- did you decide to go to the event with Steve? You were worried about the heat.

Have a nice day everyone.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Fourth of July By Scrappin 2

Fourth of July Los for Casey's kids.
I'll do Nev and Van's next. I want to get Charity's camera card though as I didn't go to the parade. It was too hot. The card will also have Van's Baptism on it from Sunday.

Edited by scrappin 2 on 07-24-18 05:08 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Ashley, I've read Robin Cook also.

Cathe, thanks. The kids were having fun.

What are the subjects of those books Cathe?

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Good morning!! Ran at the park, going to finish up my embellishment box for a swap and babysitting this evening.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to cdjohnson

Morning! Hubby is off having a dr apt--just a normal diabetic check. I begged him to ask for a sleep apnea test but "my snoring isn't bad and only happens when I hurt". Give me strength!! I'm woke up seventeen times a night!!!

Anna: how's work? Got all the transitions done?
Ashley: Well you think if they wanted you to show up in the right place to work they would have told where it was!!
Cathe: thank you for the card--I certainly will use it!! So pretty! Love your LOs! Happy Birthday Rum!
Cheryl: I love mysteries and if you do have you tried the John Sanford books? There's the Prey series with a character named Lucas Davenport and so far there's 28 books. Each better than the last. I'll have to try Robin Cook.
Danielle: looks like you are having fun!
Denise: The boys and the little ones playing were great photos!
Another favorite of mine is the author Dan Brown. He wrote Inferno, DaVinci Code and his new one is Origin which is next on my reading list.

Got 3 loads of laundry done, did my Groove dance exercises, and now I need to bath Abby and re-shape a wig. And thanks to the powers that be that we have air conditioning again and my dishwasher is fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm back to happy camper status....

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Abby0317

Terry- as you know Steve probably has sleep apnea. I'm sure my Dad did. He snored horribly. Poor you.
Glad the dishwasher and A/c are fixed!!
I'll jot down those authors, I am reading different things than I used to.

I'd highly recommend Fiona Davis two books. Her third comes out this month.
The Dollhouse is about women who live in the Renowned Barbizon Hotel, which is a real hotel that housed women learning to be secretaries and suitable jobs what back when. I loved it.
The Address- Is about w women centuries apart, so it goes back and forth about them, but was easy to follow. They live in The Dakota which is a real hotel. I think in NYC

Another book I want to reread is called China Run- it's about a woman who flies to China to get the promised baby girl to adopt.........and things go wrong. I think the authors last name was Ball. I'll have to google it.

Firelight Girls is about a summer camp that is being closed for good and a group of women from different generations get together at the camp to say farewell, and then try to save it.

I got my hair cut/colored. Then called my bff and she hadn't eaten lunch so we met up.
Then we both went to Target. Then she went to the mall to return something. I went to Sam's to make copies of old photos. That took quite awhile. The nicest young gal helped me. We got to talking and her Grandma scrap booked, but passed away. She and her mom have boxes of her stuff they don't know what to do with. I offered to buy some. We exchanged phone numbers.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Terry - Yeah on happy camper status. I think I would have to sleep in another room if I woke up that many times.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!!

I'm going to go make cards with a friend. She lives across town and there is road construction to deal with. It's hard for us to find a date to get together so I'm excited.

But wouldn't you know it, Casey and kids are coming to swim. Rayn texted me last night asking if she could bring a friend. I said, yes of course. I love it that Rayn is starting to text me. She will be 14 next month.

I have a few things to do before I leave for Sue's, so I'd better get going.

Have a nice day.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

hello and good morning

I am back and miss my friend he left yesterday. I brb back later on

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Danielle glad your friend came to visit. That is always fun.

Terry, DH and I have separate rooms, I can't stand his snoring. There is little to no sleeping with it going on. He didn't use to snore but it got loud and I wake at every little noise. Sigh

Those books sound interesting Cathe. Not read Dan Brown but I have seen the movie, Terry.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to rockmom

Hi Ladies--Gone to the gym & having my protein drink now. I didn't get Abby done yesterday so that is the first item after I'm done here. Plus, I'm spending the next 4 days in Roseburg with Bff so we can start pricing and inventorying all the products we have now. Holy cow it's gong to be 90+ deg too and we do this in a finished barn/garage.

Denise: I think we will be headed that way too! When I wake up like that I'm mad so it is hard to go back to sleep. I know that's why I'm groggy all the time. I may suggest that! But really what is the big deal about a C-pap machine?
Danielle: glad you had a good visit!
Cheryl: I seem to gravitate to "series" books. Another one that I started but stopped was the Outlander series. Those are huge books but the author bounced around a lot. I wish I had Starz so I could just watch it!
Cathe: have fun today! I've always wanted a pool but never got one.
Anna: Happy Anniversary!! Hope you get to another 37 years!!! Any plans?

Off to "torture" poor Abby!!! (I'm cutting her hair, cleaning her ears, un-gooping her eyes, and trimming her nails. She's going to hate me again!!)

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

JCI and getting ready for work

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Terry- oh your poor little Abby.
Pricing things in a space with no air and it will be 90*??? Can you move to someplace with air?

Anna- Happy Anniversary!...or did I tell you that already?

I think I"m going nuts. I made a pre-packaged frozen Chinese thing from the Schawn man. I tasted it and it didn't taste as I remembered it. Then Rum says "what's this package, is it supposed to go in there?" Well, it was the sauce package. We've had this item twice. It sure has a lot of strange ingredients in it though so I don't think I'll order it again.

Have a nice evening --if you check in. or a Good morning if you beat me in here.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Happy Birthday By Scrappin 2

no title By Scrappin 2

Two cards I finished while at my friend Sue's house.

Edited by scrappin 2 on 07-25-18 06:04 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Good morning!

Thanks for the anniversary wishes. Nothing special yesterday but we are going to Outback on Saturday....our favorite steak place.

I used to be an avid reader but just don't take the time now. I have so many books on my kindle app and I have started several but haven't finished any of them.

My Dad has c-pap. It has really made a different for him.

Awesome layouts and cards Cathe! I love the waterfront stamp set and I have so many pins on that set too.

Danielle, looked like you and your friend had a great visit.

Terry, yes, we are winding down the account transfers. Now I'm concentrating on learning the system and compliance procedures.

Hope you all have a great day!

Edited by Anna C on 07-26-18 02:05 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Good morning!!

Anna- I'll be happy for you when all this transferring of accounts is done.
I go in streaks with reading. I got an automated message from the library that a book I requested is now in the library. I don't remember what in the world it is. LOL Guess we will swing by the library today.

We have the NCR retiree breakfast this morning. I don't really want to go. I don't want Mary to be the only woman there though, so I guess I'll be going.

Have a great day.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

hello and good morning

cathe-Awesome layouts and cards. have fun at your NCR retiree breakfast this morning.

well had a lot of fun when my friend was here I wish he could have stay little longer here. well we pick him up at the airport Saturday then head back home and rested. then get everything think ready for the little party we where have. there was a few people that came are next door neighbor came over. so we had hamburgers and hotdogs. after that everyone left we pick up and clean. then just sat down talk and then went to bed. Sunday we went to the city of rocks and the little ski restore that close by us. so where they ski they where people with there bikes going up the lifts and ride there bikes down I think there where race. then after that there a lake up there that I never been to that we went to and had lunch. then after that we head to the city of rocks and it was hot out there saw some rock climbers. then we head back home. Monday me and my friend went to these ice caves that where on the way to the mountains. so we went up to Hailey Ketchum and sun valley area. saw Hemingway grave his head statue . we went to lunch at a pizza place up there then we went to a brewer with beer. I am not much of a beer person but we bought a few different beer little taste cups. so I try them with a glass of water. then after that we walk around haliey stop and had some ice cream had this huckleberry ice cream that was good. then we head home stop at this fall that was nice put hard to get to. we got home and my husband had some bad news his mom has cancer and it not good. so then we rest for little bit and then went to the taco bus for dinner and got some tacos for my husband. we came back and gave my husband his dinner and had some wine. Tuesday had to take my friend to the airport and it was sad. so we are going to be head to vegas Saturday to get stuff done in case she die. so a few of my husband family going to Vegas. we come back home Tuesday. so that little sad.

hope everyone has a nice thursday

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Home from work, time to sleep.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Morning

Danielle, sorry y'all got bad news. Hugs.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to rockmom

Danielle- Glad you had a good time with your friend.
Timing sure wasn't good with having your friend there and then getting the bad news. There are so many medical advances, perhaps her cancer is treatable.

Breakfast was pretty good. The server that we've had for years and years and is NOT friendly actually was today. I wonder if people complained about him.

We are going out to dinner too. No cooking for me!!
I had to have some grapes and crackers at 3:00. That's the trouble with having breakfast and no lunch----I get so hungry in the afternoon and supper is a long ways off.

I bought a cute, light green, storage case at M's today. It has a tray on top for glue or what- knots. I bought it to take to a crop.
Did you all know Cheryl and I are going to Pensacola in October to a scrapbooking crop? We are going to meet up with some of the other Rockin' Scrappin' Grans. I couldn't remember if Cheryl or I had mentioned it.
Too bad none of you live down that way.
Rum and I are driving. After the crop Rum and I are driving up to the Raleigh area. I need to plan our route. I wonder if we go near Tazwell?

Have a nice evening.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Good morning!!

What are you all up to today?

Dinner last night at the Italian Restaurant was delicious!

Don't know what we'll have for supper.

We will be dog sitting this weekend.

I need to make a 70th birthday card---or just a pretty one.
My high school friend, Kathi, called yesterday. She lives in Mo. but her son lives in a small town not far from me. She was on her way up to see her DGS play ball. She asked if I wanted to go to our hometown tomorrow. One of our friends is having a 70th birthday party. It was by invitation only , but Kathi knows I'd be welcomed.
I know it too. So I'm going.

I keep forgetting to buy toilet paper so I may need to do that. LOL

Have a great day!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

hello and good morning

well nothing much going on here. there a job open at this day care center. I went yesterday to get a application and gave the lady my resume . so I have to go back there to give her the application. I really want to work like maybe part- time. so tomorrow we be head to vegas that way my husband can go to a lawyer office and get her will that she has a look at it. so I am going with my husband seen I need to get out of here and I get to see some of my husband family that I never met that going to be out there and see my husband cousin and my husband aunt. we be out there until Tuesday and head back home. I know it going to be hot here. maybe I can go see my friend.

cathe- sound you like you had a nice breakfast and dinner. sound cool that your get to meet Cheryl in oct for a crop

hope ever has a nice Friday

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

That's nice Danielle. It's always good to get away for a small break. Be safe. Good luck on the job.

Cathe, no, I didn't know. Hope you have a wonderful time with all the Grans. Oh and don't forget the toilet paper. Ya might need it. Hahaha

Hot is the name of the game here.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Dee Dee and Emmett By Rockmom

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Our Little Preschool By Rockmom

One of the three Ikea tables I put together. I also assembled the chairs. The table and chairs are adjustable so they can grow with the kids.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

New Ikea Workstation By Rockmom

This is my new workstation. Its 79 inches long. I wish it were a bit wider because the topper I added takes up part of the space. It works but I cant have the topper centered to work on my 12X12 layouts on my large craft mat and that messes with my sense of balance but it works. I do have a small 12X12 craft mat that I can use beside the large mat. I have a place to keep the silhouette , a place to slide my laptop under when not in use and a place to put my water cup.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to rockmom

Cathe, don't forget the toilet paper! And Tazewell is like 4.5 hours away from Raleigh.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Good afternoon!! I am awake after working all night, a run at the park and some sleep. I am going to grill steak for supper. Grandkids will be here tonight. I am off until Monday!!

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! For some reason, every time I tried to post on here my computer would be like "NOPE!" and not let me scroll down to hit the post button. I thought that was very inconsiderate of it LOL! Is anyone still getting his with rain and thunderstorms? We're getting like buckets of rain everyday here in NYC...tonight we had some crazy thunder and lightening going on. Thankfully, it all started AFTER I got home from the lab LOL!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to DNA301

No rain here but cooler

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

We've had some light rain this week and it is cooler.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

It's beautiful here. We are going to be in the high 70's with no humidity.
We could use some rain, but I'd be glad if it held off until Monday. We've had quite a few rainy Saturdays.

Danielle- I hope you get the job if you think you'll like it. I bet it's not part time though.
It's nice you can finally meet your husband's relatives.

Denise- such a sweet photo of you meeting Emmett. Your scrap room looks so neat and tidy. Do you usually keep it that way?
I'd love to redo my room. If I would take out the twin bed I'd have more options. Yet, every now and then we need that bed for a grandchild or grand-dog............yes I said grand-dog. He slept on it last night. LOL

Ashley- sure glad you didn't get all wet trying to get home from the lab.

I'm looking forward to my jaunt down to my hometown today.
I don't know what time I'll be home. It will be before dark. LOL

Cheryl- hope you find some "me" time between today and Monday.

Anna- about done with transferring the files?

Have a nice day.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Good morning!! I have been for my run at the park, had a shower and breakfast, fixing eggs for the week in my Instant Pot, need a few groceries, and hope to do something in my scrap room before kids come this evening.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to DNA301

I just wanted to drop in and say hi. I don't want to apologize like I always do after an absence and no excuses other than I have just been sort of out of it.
Things are ok here, really. Jon and I are going to Hawaii in 3 weeks. He has been in a LOT of back pain lately and I hope he will be ok for the trip (and 5 hours sitting in a plane). But he says he is good to go.
DD1, Vicki got married. They wanted to elope but we talked them in to coming here and letting us throw a family barbeque. It turned out to be a lot of fun. I decorated a bit and there was some craziness...typical of our family. They married at the Carson City courthouse and I was the witness..then we came back to our house where our families awaited to help celebrate. Roni was the bartender and Jon the grill master. I did not take all the pics I meant to but I did get a few good ones so I will be scrapping...did one already. Got a bit of my mojo back. Katy is coming week after next so yay..scrappin'
I hope to come on here and catch up a bit but for now I have to skip off...weird doggy being weird..and wierder.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to dollscrap

Jeannie - So nice to hear from you. Congrats on Vicki’s marriage. Glad to hear Katy is coming to see you soon.

Ran 9 miles this morning, off to church and lunch then home to babysit. I might be able to squeeze ina little scrap time but doubt it.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Finally got around to taking some pics and uploading....TFL! And all of these were inspired cards I found on Pinterest.

Merry Christmas By Anna C

Happy Halloween By Anna C

Amazing You By Anna C

Edited by Anna C on 07-29-18 10:53 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Anna C

Hi! Worked this weekend...working on the weekends always throws my brain off. I spent yesterday thinking it was Thursday for some reason. This coming week, I'm back to being exiled to the third floor...except I'm 9-5 instead of 10-6. I know it's only an hour's difference but I like being 9-5 better than 10-6. At least it feels like my day isn't completely over when I get out LOL!

Cathe- It finally stopped raining here. Someone at the lab told me we're supposed to get terribly hot weather all of August.

Jeannie- Congrats to your daughter on her marriage!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to DNA301

ACU

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Good Monday morning!

Jeannie, congrats on your daughter's wedding. I'm glad you all were able to have a party for them! Enjoy your visit with Katy and I hope you have a wonderful trip to Hawaii.

Have a great day ladies!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Good morning!

What nice surprises this morning.......................
Jeannie congratulations to Vicki!! I'm glad she let you give her a special day. Have you been to Hawaii before? Sure hope Jon's back is going to be ok. Has he had any PT or anything?
You're scrapping again!!!! Wonderful!!

Anna- nice second surprise seeing new cards from you. I've been contemplating getting that Painted Harvest set. I've been pinning that card like crazy. After seeing your Christmas card using it, I'm going to get it.

I just finished Elin Hilderbrand's latest book..........it's a murder mystery. It was hard to put it down. It was hard going to bed because all I wanted to do was READ! I woke up early, got coffee and read to the end. Maybe now I can proceed with life. LOL

Ashley- I hear ya, 5:00 p.m. ending work is much better than 6:00.

Yesterday we celebrated our second Granddaughter's 14 th birthday. We had a lot of laughs. The funnies moment that cracked her up was when Rum told her he picked out the fuzzy pillow.............everyone know THAT didn't happen.

Not sure what I'm doing today. Surely I should clean something. LOL
Have a good day everyone.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Hello.

Jeannie congrats to Vicki. Have fun with Katy and going to Hawaii. Hope Jon's back is up to it.

Celebrated mom's 85th birthday yesterday. It was fun - she was so happy!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Good morning!! Rest day from running which seems weird. I work tonight and tomorrow night.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! Today was very crazy on the third floor...Mondays are usually slow but today we were swamped...we had patients who usually come on Tuesday (patients with sickle cell and other hemoglobin disorders) and on Thursday (the Chemo patients) come in today and that messed with the flow of the day. I'm curious to see what sort of confusion tomorrow brings LOL!

Cathe- LOL about the pillow! That sounds like my dad saying he picked something out for my sister for Christmas when we all know he didn't. (He use to try but him and my sister have vastly different tastes so he stopped.)

Denise- Happy birthday to your mom! We're trying to plan my dad's 70th birthday in October but our choices are limited because of his oxygen needs and his dislike of parties.

Cheryl- Hope you have easy nights at work!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to DNA301

Ashley, hope today is calmer for you.

Cathe, I like murder mystery books too.

Denise, loved the photos of your mom's party. And those pics of the grands on FB last night were so awesome!

Cheryl, you are up for August.

Hello to all and have a great day!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Good morning!!

Denise- It was fun seeing your mom and the Grandkids on fb.

Ashley- You Dad is my age!!!!!! Somehow on here, posting, I think all of us are the same age..............whatever that is.

I need to go get a new library book.
I also need to learn to download a book on my Ipad. I want one for the plane ride when we go to Oregon next week.
Does anyone know what kind of headphones I should get?
I'm so not "up" on this techy stuff.

Gee Andrea must be up to her eye-balls in ice cream. Hope she checks in soon.

Everyone have a nice day!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

I will get August up when I get home in the morning. No time before work tonight.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!!

It's hard to believe it's August. The summer goes by too quickly.
I can't believe the kids have to go to school in August. It's usually so hot. I dreaded it when I was teaching. We didn't have any A/C in the school.

Yesterday I worked on an 8x8l album for my brother. I have made one previous to this one for him and his family. I hope I have found photos that he doesn't have. I made copies of all of the photos. I'm keeping the originals.

I'm supposed to meet up with my friend Carole today. Since Bergner's is closing and we both are boycotting the store. We are not shopping the "sale" because they jacked up the prices. I don't want to see the store decimated.

Cheryl- I can move the thread if you are short on time.

Have a nice day. bbl

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

I'm back from the 4 day work vacation and things are hopping here. I didn't even get to check in yesterday.

Anna: Love your new cards! The grunge stamp on one and the embossing on the other gives me inspiration! I was going to do one for Lauren but since tomorrow is her BD I had to buy one. I'll make one up and send it later.
Ashley: I would have a hard time following what time I had to be at work and where to go! Probably could have done it when I was your age but not now!!
Cathe: enjoy your trip to Oregon! We are cooling down right now but will head back to the 80s next week.
Cheryl: 9 miles!!! Wowzer that amazes me!! Congrats on that--- Also on going to meet up with the Grands. How fun!!
Danielle: I'm sorry to hear that your MIL is so sick. I hope all goes well.
Denise: what a fun learning area for the kids! Loved your LO---if you could see my office/scrap room I think you would faint. I almost do!!!
Jeannie: so happy to see you check in! Sorry about Jon's back and I hope it gets better!! Congrats on Vicki's marriage too! You must be thrilled ab out it.

Time to run again...!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

Welcome home Terry.

My scrap area is in the kids playroom, a TV area hubby uses, and now a schoolroom too. I must keep it up or the kids get into stuff. I do like the projects I'm working on to be out but until the kiddos get bigger its not practical.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

August thread is up:

https://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?fid/235/...

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics