Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: July new Layouts and Cards        (Topic#1674577)
scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Welcome to New Layouts and Cards for the month of July. We also love to see any other project you'd like to share.

This thread is for sharing love on all new projects shared here. If you don't do a lot of challenges, this is a great thread for getting your wonderful work seen and even if you do a lot of challenges...well one can never have too much love!!

It's a challenge of sorts though.... keeping up on giving love can be a real challenge!! We all JCI (Just Check(ing) In) often and try so hard to be ACU (All Caught Up) and MMS (Mark My Spot)... but let a day go by and you'll be VFB (Very Far Behind). We've also been known to toss about and create some new acronyms!!

The rules for this thread are simple: Post a newly uploaded layout, card or project, get comments and give comments on everyone's pages. No "drop and runs" please. If you get love be kind enough to give love back. There are NO challenges and NO Requirements on the TYPE of comments you leave, just be sincere but if you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all. But I'm sure you can think of something nice to say!

Please also remember several people post here; try not to flood the post with too many layouts at once. Please be considerate and do not post more than 5-7 in any post. No limit per day.

So, think you can do it??? Then come on by and join the fun! This thread has gained a fairly regular following. We enjoy seeing new people come by to share their work and join in the fun! You can join in at any time. Just remember that it is more fun if you give love and get love too!

Here is how to put your layout photo on a thread:
1. Go to layout/picture you want to post on the thread.
2. Scroll down to where it says "Share"
3. Click "Link & Embed Image"
4. Click on "IMG CODE (for forums and bulletin boards)" Make sure the little dot is in front of that phrase now.
5. Select what size you want the picture to be on the thread, most of us select "Larger".
6. Copy and Paste the Embed Code Below:
7. Paste the code to the thread as a new post. When you paste it you will only see the code. The picture will not appear until you post or preview your reply.

While this is a laid back community of artists and crafts people sharing their work and support, it's not a place to just drop off work and not visit the galleries of others in the thread. We encourage you to enjoy all the marvelous talent and leave comments! Should you encounter a problem with another poster in this thread, please PM them directly to ask your question or resolve your issue. The hostesses are not referees and can't step in the middle for you.

Speaking of hostesses..... this is a collaborative effort. We are rotating the job of hosting the thread. Included in the opening post is the schedule of hostesses over the next couple months. If you are interested in hosting.... please PM the current month's hostess to let her know. (BTW - the current month's hostess would be the one who started the thread) Hope everyone has a wonderfully creative month and gains inspiration and encouragement from each other!

Hostesses:
July-Cathe
August- Cheryl
September- Anna
October- Danielle
November-
December-

***Birthday List***

If you'd like to be included here send a message to the current month's hostess-we'd be happy to add you!

Cheryl January 13
Kathy January 22
Danielle February 11
Denise February 13
Ashley March 1
Andrea March 8
Cathe March 18
Jeannie April 3
Katy May 1
Kimberly June 8
Terry August 5
Kay November 10
Anna December 24Welcome to New Layouts and Cards for the month of May. We also love to see any other project you'd like to share.

Edited by scrappin 2 on 07-02-18 07:48 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to scrappin 2

Thank you Cathe for hosting July!

Also wanted to tell you I love the card and will definitely re-purpose it!! I also sent in another small order.

Denise: I used to be able to eat everything & anything and not gain an ounce. Danny had me tell Emma (last weekend) how much I weighed in High School (85 lb) and her mouth hit the floor. From skinny mini to fat grandma! Enjoy those darling girls and have a great 4th party!

I feel soooo bad this time of year for the animals that get so upset over the noise. Our dogs (being hunting dogs) think it's just time to retrieve something. They've been around gun shots their whole lives ---even Abby.

I start sewing today since I have everything now cut out, pinned, and organized. Hope my idea works!

Have a fun Sunday!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Abby0317

hello

thank you Cathe for hosting July!

i am back from campping

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to southern lady

Terry- Thank you for hosting June!
I agree that the poor dogs get so upset with the fireworks.........that and thunder!!
Maybe you should invent headphones for dogs!
Good luck on your sewing project.

Danielle-did you have a good time camping or was your weather really hot?

It isn't a very nice day. It is hot, about 89 degrees and looks like rain. It did rain a bit ago. We are under severe thunderstorm watches. Rum came home from golfing. He only got a little wet. He's in the pool now cooling off. I have no desire to leave my AC. I was in the pool yesterday for quite awhile after the birthday party.

I have a LO almost finished. I'm waiting for DD to respond to my text. I have the journaling all typed up, but I need to know when Oakley started riding his bike without the training wheels. Gee it would have been nice if she called me on the day that it happened. I could have congratulated him.
I did act very excited when he showed me on Friday how he could ride without the training wheels.

Edited by scrappin 2 on 07-01-18 11:55 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Thanks to our lovely hostesses Cathe and Terry.

Cathe you can put me down for September.

Cathe, it is hot here too. We are in the upper 80s also. Thanks for the offer to die cut some of those wavy things. I need to look thru my dies and see if I have something similar. Seems like I do.

Terry, I was 95 pounds when I graduated high school and 110 when I got married three years later. I used to be a skinny mini and now I am just a fat mama!

Danielle, glad you had a good time camping. How hot is it there? I am thankful for my ac right now!

Hello to all and have a great week!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Off to work again

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! It's about 95 degrees here in NYC and people are not dealing well with it. I do feel bad for my father though...the heat and the humidity are making it very hard for him to breathe even with the portable compressor. He's mostly stuck in the house in the air conditioner on oxygen now. I don't mind the heat since I hate the cold so much LOL! I'm not going to complain about it at all!

Cathe- Thanks for hosting July. I wish we had a pool here but we haven't had one in years.

Terry- Thanks for hosting June! My beagle and my sister's cockapoo both don't like fireworks. They make my beagle bark and my sister's cockapoo gets scared (but he's scared of pretty much everything).

Anna- I don't remember how much I weighed when I graduated high school but I have to get weighed every time I go to the doctor's office.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to DNA301

hello and good morning

Cathe you can put me down for October

well today going to be a hot one here in the 80's. well today nothing much go to the gym later on. need to clean the bathrooms today. well are campping trip was nice we went somewhere eles campping. the weather where we camp at was little windy and there was a lake and then there where little river beds. there was only one campground but it was full so we went off and found another place to camp at. I forgot to bring a table to put the camp stove on but we put it on the boxes we had. there was a lot of cows roaming around. but it was nice came home sunday.

hope everyone has a nice Monday

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Good morning!

Anna- I'll put you down for Sept.
Danielle- I'll add you for Oct.

Danielle- I think the fun of camping is improvising.

Ashley- hope your weather breaks so your dad can feel better.

I don't know what I weighed when I got married. I just know I inherited my mom's old lady stomach.

Here is one I finished this weekend.
a Milestone By Scrappin 2

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

Back from the gym and need to go to Pier One, BB&B, and to Costco. Then home to sew more. I have one bag 90% done. It is really a chore to sew that fabric and especially since it is so big (61 in tall and 27 in wide). The fabric just doesn't want to be manipulated---at all!!! Rant over....

I'm on another rant too---Pinterest! I see pins from people I do not follow but rarely a pin from people I do follow. However I see in my notifications that those same people are pinning all kinds of stuff. I contacted P and get an automated email back. Then if this doesn't help reply to this email. So I do. I can an automated answer (thank you) back. Bets on whether or not a real person ever contacts me----

Cathe: I also had to email Stampin Up because I never got the stuff I ordered in June. My orders show a tracking # etc. I hope we find it! Loved the LO! I feel the same way---call me back and not next week!!
Danielle: glad you had a great camping trip.
Anna: Aside from having babies, what happened to us? I figure with me I put on 10 pounds every year and I now do not have 50 years to take it off!!!

Best go and do this!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

Off to work again and then off for 3!,

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! Today was my last day of vacation...I go back to work tomorrow and I'm 10-6 shift for most of the next two weeks (I'm only 8-4 on July 4th and the coming weekend) which is kind of miserable. I don't know who I annoyed or who I should complain to but that's uncool to do to someone. We're supposed to rotate that shift but I seem to be getting more 10-6 shifts than anyone else and now I have two of them in a row!

Cathe- It's supposed to feel like it's in the 100s all this coming week. My dad wanted to BBQ for the 4th but he can't even be outside so my mom said she might let him grill inside instead.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to DNA301

hello and good morning

well today going to be a nice day here. well I am going to work on some campping layouts I took some pic not much pic. going to the gym later on . my poor dogs not like the fireworks people already start them last night I could hear them.

hope everyone has a nice Tuesday

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to DNA301

Good morning!

Terry- your sewing project does not sound like fun.
Your errands sound like mine, multiple stops, once you're out and about.
P.M me you tracking information and what you ordered and I'll call SU.............see if that speeds things up.

Ashley- complain, or they will keep giving you the 10-6 shift!
Grill inside??? I don't think that's safe., unless you have a grill on the stove.

My SIL, Rose and I will go to the parade out in the small town where Doug's kids go to school. ...well now just Van goes since Nev graduated. Doug and family will be there and some of their friends.
We're having my sis and her DH over and our very good friend Mark and Nance for swimming and dinner. There is a chance of rain in the late afternoon. I hope it doesn't ruin the fireworks. Rum and I will go by Doug and family and friends for the fireworks

I didn't get out my 4th of July decorations. I'm slipping.

I have to make potato salad for tomorrow. I know it's not very healthy so I've cut down on how many times we have it in a summer. Plus it's a pain to make.

I'll be in here in the morning most likely.
If not have a Happy, Safe 4th of July everyone.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

Morning all---

Cathe: I appreciate that. Someone named Brooklyn has gotten back to me about it and is now tracing the package. I was p.o'd yesterday after talking to UPS who bluntly said they wouldn't do anything unless Stampin Up contacted them. My Post office adamantly denies having seen or handled the package even tho the UPS tracking statement says they have it. So it became a "not me" and "I don't know" thing. If this Brooklyn doesn't get back to me in a few days I'll let you know.

Off to sew---hope everyone is having a fun 4th of July eve!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

Good evening!! I am off for 3 nights!!🎉🎉🎉

I don’t really have any plans for the 4th other than trying to stay cool. I will probably do laundry and scrap.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! One day down and too many more to go of this 10-6 nonsense (though tomorrow I'm 8-4 since the third floor is closed on weekends/holiday)...today wasn't so bad since the lab we run specimens for closed early but that just means Thursday is going to be insane LOL! I just want to get through tomorrow so I can come home and watch the livestream of the fireworks from the Magic Kingdom.

Cathe- My dad has both an electric grill and one he can use on the stove. If the weather is too terrible, he'll probably use the stove one so he can be inside.

Cheryl- Enjoy your nights off!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to DNA301

Edited by Anna C on 07-04-18 01:22 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

good morning!!

Anna- thanks for the pretty message. Yes, God Bless our Country.

Happy Fourth of July!! ---since we don't have anything red, white and blue.

Terry- Keep me informed about your lost package.

Cheryl- Yhea for being off for 3 nights!

Ashley- Glad to hear you get off early.

It's going to be a hot one here!!

Enjoy you day everyone!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

happy 4 of july

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Happy 4th!!! I ran at the park this morning before it got extremely hot. Feels like temp right now is 110!!! We are not going anywhere tonight. Karyol can't take the heat, and I hate to leave him sitting here when I am not working. I splurged and bought us each a ribeye steak to grill tonight along with zucchini and I will fix him some corn on the cob.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to cdjohnson

Happy 4th of July! We aren't doing either except bbq chicken and have corn & watermelon. I worry about fireworks and the fires they cause. We are in a red flag warning right now too.

Cathi: I will keep you in the loop!

Within 2 days I have seen 2 different women wearing the most bizarre pants and I have to wonder if they look in a mirror and say "perfect"! One lady at our post office had on flowy white gauze pants that you could perfectly see her navy blue thong. Really?
And today at the grocery store the young (28-ish) gal in front of me had on see thru stretch leggings and a black thong. I can only shake me head in wonder!!!

Enjoy the day!!! I wonder how many kids under 30 can actually tell you what we are celebrating today.....I'd guess not many!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

Sweet - Making Memories By Cdjohnson

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!

Hope everyone had a great 4th. Ours was very quiet and very hot! We have been pushing 90 all week. And we have had some pretty nasty storms in the evenings. We lost power Tuesday evening, it finally came back on during the night, but we are still without phone service (landline).

Hope ya'll have a great day!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Anna - Heat index here has been over 100 for a week. It is supposed to get better Saturday.

Grandkids are going to be here 6:30 to 3:30 today. I will get to have scrappy time this evening.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

seems like we are all extremely hot.
We had a brief downpour while we were eating. We were all done with swimming by that time. Doug, tho, who is 15 min. away from us said they had a thunderstorm that lasted an hour, had lots of thunder. The poor dog was beside himself.

We were 9 adults and one little guy for swimming and dinner. Our good friend's youngest son, his wife and little guy who is 2 were here. They live in one of the Chicago burbs. David grew up in our pool. It was really fun having them here and seeing their little guy.

The fireworks were able to be held. Before it began it looked like it was going to storm. Fortunately the clouds rolled on past, but it was a bit scary.

Denise- I saw pictures of the girls. They are as sweet as ever.

Cheryl- cute Lo of Zoey doing Karyol's hair.

It felt good waking up and knowing I didn't have anything I had to do!
I immediately thought of those boys and their coach who are trapped in that cave. OMGosh I hope they can get them out of there safely.

Have a nice day.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

hello and good morning

we didn't do anything yesterday just stay home. it was hot yesterday in the 90's. so I walk the dogs early before people do fireworks because both my dogs don't like them any more. the oldest we had to put the thunder shirt on here which that helps. we clean the garden trim some of plants. we are get tomatoes put they are green right now. we had street tacos last night. well I did some layouts yesterday. today going to be another hot day. need to mow the lawn this morning before it gets to hot .

Campping By Southern Lady

Campping By Southern Lady

Cocoa By Southern Lady

Scrappy By Southern Lady

hope everyone has a nice thursday

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

It rained Tuesday evening and on into Wednesday, and it poured so much there was flooding, Underpasses in Houston, and low lying areas such as the feeder roads. Don't want to see anymore flooding... With all the rain it was safe to set off fireworks which our neighborhood did with gusto! It was a smoky warzone sounding place. HUGE bombs bursting in air. Our new neighbors they have been here two weeks and are from New York, loved it. They kept saying you Texans know how to do it! LOL You can just hear the NY accents surrounded by Texas twangs. lol Emmett did not like them he kept putting his hands over his ears and screaming. I took him inside with mom. His dad was the same as a kid. Noise was not fun and I am the same way today, Crowd noise really bothers me.

The girls are having a good time. They learned all about Sam Houston for Texas history which they are both doing this year. Also they learned about the Caddo, East Tx natives. The museum let them handle everything. Then we got a golf cart and drove around the burial mounds, the ceremonial mounds and looked at replica grass huts. It was HOT, 101 plus a heat index. Ouch. We took water and ice, and power bars which helped us recover. Tomorrow we are going to the San Jacinto Monument, the place TX won its independence from Mexico. There is a tower where you can ride and elevator to the top and view the battle grounds, the bay, the USS Texas which is docked nearby, and the surrounding marshlands. Somewhere in there I have to do Courtney's brithday photos, she is turning 12. Yikes.

For dinner on the 4th, our son and daughter in law and Emmett and Christopher came over. We cooked BBQ ribs, corn on the cob, fresh picked parmesan baked squash, fresh tomatoes from the garden, cucmber from the garden, potato salad, avacodo slices, garlic mashed potatoes for those not liking potato salad, and Boston creme cake. It was delicious.

Edited by rockmom on 07-05-18 07:32 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Took the kids to a splash park today. We had a good time.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! Hope everyone had a good Fourth of July...work wasn't bad but I came home to a bit of a nasty surprise. My sister's husband invited his sister, brother-in-law, their son, and his father over to the house here to eat! My mom found out that afternoon and texted me at work in a panic. I felt bad I wasn't home to help her because she was really upset by the whole thing. She had nothing really prepared because we didn't think anyone other than my sister and her husband were coming over.

Terry- Women in weird pants like that is the norm in my neighborhood. We've had a run of people in entirely too short shorts as of late.

Cathe- I watched the fireworks from the Magic Kingdom on livestream last night. They were on a delay because of a storm though. My sister watched the Macy's fireworks from the roof of her apartment building with her husband and his family.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to DNA301

Good morning. Pouring rain. Guess I will not be running today. At least the rain is going to cool us down for a few days.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!

Denise- your food for the fourth sounded awesome, especially that Boston Cream pie!
It's great you're taking the girls around to learn TX history.
Boy, it sure was hot though. I don't think I could have done any sight seeing at that temperature.

Cheryl- sorry you have the rain.
the photos of the kids at the splash park were so cute. Zoey looked so happy.

It's beautiful here!

Wow Ashley that sure was disrespecting of your BIL. !! How rude.

Danielle- cute LOs.
Our son bought his dog a Thunder shirt, but it made poor Ozzie more upset so they took it off. They left the tv on loud for him when they left for the fireworks. They live sort of out in the country without many houses around. So perhaps there weren't too many he heard. Poor animals.

Yesterday I washed and got all our clothes ready for camping.
Rum keeps thinking he has to do more and then realizes the camper is up. ............unlike the pop up that has to go up and down.

Have a nice day everyone.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to cdjohnson

hello and good morning

well another hot day here. nothing much going around here just go to the gym later on and take dogs for a walk before it get to hot here.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Ashley. I would have told my son in law no unless YOU want to get take out and bring it over. Rudeness to invite 4 people without asking first. Someday yall just need to invite yourselves over to his house uninvited to teach the lout a lesson in manners.

Last night a neighbors house 2 blocks away was struck by lightning and caught fire. Do not know how bad yet.

Taking the girls to the San Jacinto monument, the place TX won its independence. Hope the rain holds off.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to rockmom

Morning---

Anna: how close are you to being done at work? How's Bucky doing?
Ashley: Yep rude beyond belief. But at some point your loving Mom needs to say NO or they'll just keep right on walking over her. I watched parts of Macy's---
Cathe: Is this your usual summer camping trip? Family too right?
Cheryl: We don't have water parks in our area but I took the kids to one in CO years back. What a hoot.
Danielle: cute los!
Denise: how fun to be able to teach and show the girls the historical sites. Too bad its so hot.

Made an anniversary card yesterday for Steve plus sewed more and did the floors. Tomorrow will be our 45th anniversary---holy cow!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

The storm cleared out and I was able to run at the park.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! I've been working on the third floor, 10-6 most of this week and today was THE WORST! The person who was 9-5 called sick...usually that means the upstairs lab will send someone to fill in but, for some reason, today they decided we didn't need a third person. It was a clerk, the other Ashley, and I running the third floor today. Thankfully it was slow but I wound up having to do two and a half hours alone today because they never brought down someone to help...which kind of seems uncool!

Cathe- My mom was very worried about our outside cat with the fireworks. The cat wouldn't let my mom go in the house until all the noise had died down...she wanted my mom petting her the whole time. My beagle, however, he slept through them LOL!

Denise- My sister's husband hates having us in his house. He gives my sister such a hard time whenever it's mentioned that we're going over when he's home.

Terry- My mom will never say "no" and that's the problem. She doesn't want to upset or alienate my sister so she puts up with this stupidity.

Cheryl- We had storms on and off all day here. It was really annoying because I was walking home and it started to pour and I only had a baseball cap with me.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to DNA301

Good morning!!

Happy Anniversary Terry (and Steve).
Celebrating marriage is important.

Ashley- sorry you got stuck working alone and then had to walk in the rain. UGG!

Denise- Who is watching Cooper and Sadie while you take the girls to historical sites? Is their Mommy or Daddy on vacation?
I think your time and side trips with the girls are making wonderful memories for them. .........and you.

Cheryl- Glad you were able to run at the park.

Danielle- nice pictures on FB.

Anna-hope you are getting along ok.

I need to do some running today. I need fly swatters for a game and sponges, & paints. Also want to look for these water beads that are supposed to be fun. Can you believe the dollar store was out of fly swatters? I'll have to try a different store.

Terry-in particular, but for all--I didn't think there was a toilet paper holder in the camper. I was out shopping and didn't recall one in there. So I bought a shiny metal floor stand at Bed and Bath. I was thrilled as it also would hold extra paper........now I'm the only one that will use the paper since we use the main bathrooms for most needs, if you get my drift. Then I was in Home Goods and found a floor holder I liked better for half the price. I bought it . So now I have two. BUT there IS a wall toilet paper holder in there. So now I have to return both

We leave tomorrow for camping.
Yep, it's with the kids and grandkids.
This year I'm taking some activities.
I found a couple on Pinterest.
One of the Grands, Jo just came back from camping with her kids and grandkids and has given me some cute ideas.
I've always taken glow sticks and board games along, but wanting to mix things up a bit this year.
If we're not at the lake or hiking, it seems rather boring at the campsite.

Catch you tomorrow.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

Morning! Woke up to a nightmare of a rattler biting little Abby who ran off and died. Jeez....what could this dream mean?
Yep it's our 45th anniversary and the plans are to go to Saturday's Farmers Market (a big one with crafts etc) and tonight go catch dinner at a new fish steakhouse in the new casino. Should be fun!

Have you all seen the spot on the news where they show the "heat dome"? Wow....!

Cathe: enjoy your camping trip! I like to get out & do things too since I get bored easily just sitting. Hope it doesn't get to hot for you all.
Ashley: What your poor Mom doesn't understand is that your sister will pout if ever told no, but she will get over it since she depends too much on your mother. My nephew is now doing the same thing and punishing my sister (who just got divorced, is selling her house, and trying to find a job) by not letting her see the grandkids.
Cheryl: are you traveling somewhere? I saw your FB post....
Denise: Love seeing the TX sites and the girls! Are you taking the little ones on these outings?

Better get ready!!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

Terry - In October, I am going to Pensacola, Florida. I want to drive down and spend the night before my flight. I am not familiar with the area near the airport.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!

Cheryl- you're up early.
I can hardly wait to meet you in October!
Hope you get your run in before it gets too hot.

Terry- I didn't see that particular news piece about the heat dome, but I have seen the where the heat is on the weather map. It's a hot one that's for sure. ..................all those trees gone in forest fires, I imagine hasn't helped.
What a horrible dream!!!!

I think I have things under control as far as packing the camper goes. BUT I have a lot to get in there yet. There is a lot of storage under the bed, but I can't lift it.
Rum banged his knee yesterday evening and is now limping. It's the knee that he had surgery on.

Better go. I'll miss you guys. Hopefully I can check in on my phone.

Be safe, enjoy your week.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

JCI--
Poor Rum! I bet that hurts! I can't wait to hear your news from the camping trip and how the new trailer worked out!

BBL....

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

Cooper and Sadie were at their other grandparents' for grandparent camp. All their grandkids were there, 9 of them. Yikes too much for a week. That is why I choose this week for the girls to come. I could do the outings without the babies because I don't have room in the car for all of them.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to rockmom

Afternoon ladies! Beautiful day in the neighborhood!

Ashley, your sister and her husband never cease to amaze me with the stunts they pull. Why does your mother have such a hard telling her no?

Cathe, hope you have a wonderful camping trip in your new camper. Hope Rum’s knee doesn’t give him a fit while you all are camping.

Cheryl, Zoe and Zeke looked like they were have a grand time at the water park. My daughter always loved the water parks, still does.

Danielle, your layouts are very cute!

Denise, you are providing your grands with lots of great education and wonderful memories. How bad was the neighbor’s home damaged from the lightning?

Terry, no, not finished yet. With a lot of the accounts being transferred, they are now doing some business. So we have to take care of those needs first then go back to transferring the rest of the accounts. But things have calmed down and going much better. Bucky is doing much better with the new meds. His bp is still up some but nothing like what it was. Hope you and Steve had a wonderful anniversary. We have one later this month…37 years.

Have a great Sunday ladies!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

I ran this morning, took Zoey and Zeke with me to church, out to eat with my parents and then home to play before mommy picked them up. It has been a good day.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! Worked this weekend...Saturday I was on Urines/Fluids and it was slow there all day. I think, at one point, I was sitting at the bench drawing Zentangles and coloring them in with Sharpies to pass the time. Today was busy in the morning but slow in the afternoon...I was at a station with a partner so I had someone to keep me company. Tomorrow I have to do four more days down on the third floor working 10-6. I'm thinking of going to the head supervisor to find out why I'm basically exiled from the main lab (For August, I'm in the main lab eight days out of the whole month...the rest I'm on the third floor or at our 61st lab).

Cathe- Have fun camping! Be safe and watch out for ticks! Our lab says tick borne illness are at an all time high this year.

Terry- Hope you had a good anniversary! My parents don't celebrate theirs anymore but my sister and her husband, their anniversary is 7/11 and I'm supposed to be planning something (I'm not...I'm working 10-6...my plan is to survive LOL).

Cheryl- I'm trying to convince my mom to do Disney in October LOL! I have vacation and I really want to go before the place goes insane when Star Wars Land opens (and the wait times are so long you could die before getting on a ride).

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to DNA301

Good morning!! I am up getting ready to go run. I have to go to the grocery today.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Morning. The girls just left for home. Wow is it quiet. Sadie is napping and Cooper is watching a show on Netflix.

The neighbor's home was damaged on the inside. I think the lightning hit the satellite and caused an electrical fire inside. They were removing insulation but there is no visible damage on the outside.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to cdjohnson

Morning! Was supposed to have gone to the gym but got up late and I have tons of other stuff I want to do.

Anna: so glad to hear his BP is down! Has he taken time off from work to get it all settled out? That restaurant we were at is in the new casino about 20 mi north of us. The food was fantastic and the triple chocolate espresso cake with chocolate ganache frosting was to die for! We shared one so we weren't totally bad!

Ashley: here's a plan for your sister's anniversary---they celebrate at their apartment. Sorry---! Hope you get out of that shift quickly!

Cathe: hope you are having fun!

Cheryl: Enjoy the kids! Has your heat wave dissipated?

Danielle: your veggies are amazing and I bet really good! We went to the farmers market and there is such a difference in produce!

Denise: Wow---9 grandkids in one place at one time for a week? Holy moly!!! Maybe with a pool.... Glad you are having a great time with the girls. Cara sure has grown up!!! She's a real beauty too....

I'm going to try to be creative today. I need 4 birthday cards soon and I'd like to make them. Need to use all that new stuff I bought!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Abby0317

hello and good morning

well I am going to the gym later on. yesterday we went to this gather that in are neighborhood to meet the people in are neighborhood. we went to someone house outside and had desert and get to meet the people.

hope everyone has a nice Monday.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Terry - No the heat wave is still here. Heat indexes this week over 100 again

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!

Loved seeing all of the photos of the grands on FB. Beautiful young ladies and handsome gentlemen and they've all grown so much!

Ashley, tell your sister to plan her own celebration. Why does she expect someone to plan a celebration for them? It certainly isn't your responsibility to plan something for them!

Cathe, hope camping is going well and the new camper is all that you were expecting!

Cheryl, it is still hot here too.

Danielle, how did you fix that cabbage you showed on FB?
Slaw? Cooked? Baked?

Denise, hope the neighbor's house can be quickly repaired. Sounds like they are quite lucky that it wasn't much worse.

Terry, yes, Bucky missed several days of work until they got his bp regulated. He is back to work now. So far he has had no problems with the med. I sure hope it stays that way. Hope you get your cards made!

I actually got up early yesterday and went to my scraproom and started a card. I am ready to play again!
Have a great day ladies!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Good morning!! Up early to get my run in before it gets really hot.

Anna - Glad you are ready to play again. I am working on some swaps right now.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to cdjohnson

hello and good morning

Ann- well I gave one of the cabbage out to a neighbor . my mom gave me some recipe . I use little bit of my cabbage for when I made street tacos .

nothing much today going on go to the gym. well they said today not going to be really hot. yesterday we where in a heat wave here.

hope you have a nice Tuesday

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

Jci...I was so happy that I got to play yesterday! Didn't get a card actually made but I did do 4 designs of stencils with glitter paste and done on black paper. Then I had this 6x6 sunflower stencil and I colored clear embossing paste with alcohol inks and did that one on navy blue paper. Now to figure out what I want to use these for and how to do it!

BBL....

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

Grandkids have gone home for the night. I don’t understand how 2 small children can make one adult so tired. I am going to my scrap room.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! Still working 10-6 and I've developed a hatred for having to clean the slidemaker/stainer every day. I just have two more days then I'm off Friday...and on vacation again. Not planning on doing anything major (there's a history of Girl Scouts exhibit I want to go see because I'm a dork that way) except maybe booking my trip to Disney for my October vacation. That's not really anything major, I suppose, since it involves me sitting on the phone on hold for a lot of hours and telling the Disney agent to stop upselling things because I know what I want thank you very much LOL!

Terry- My mom always gives me some stupidity about because I was her maid of honor, I have to do these things. Yes, well, nothing is getting done this year since I don't even know if my brother-in-law will be home.

Cheryl- We're still having a heatwave here too. Not that I notice it much since I work in a climate controlled box! (It was actually so cold in the lab today that the 90 degree weather outside was pleasant and lovely)

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to DNA301

Ashley - My co-workers freeze me to death at work. I usually wear a long sleeve shirt under my scrub top and a scrub jacket.

I am going to run at the park again this morning. I have a few errands before a nap and work.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to cdjohnson

hello and good morning

another hot day here. nothing much going on here just go to the gym later on. I can't Waite for my friend to get here.
yesterday I felt tired and took little nap which I never do.

have a great wedensday

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Hello. It is Wednesday already. Ugh so much to accomplish before leaving Saturday for Mo.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to rockmom

Hi! Just trying to survive until 6PM tomorrow...I'm off Friday and then on vacation for a week. I have concerns about tomorrow though...there's a mistake on the schedule (the lady who does the schedule always makes mistakes) and there's only a 7:30-3:30 person and 10-6 person tomorrow. There's no 9-5 person on the schedule for tomorrow! I hope they figure something out because I don't think two of us can do all of chemo Thursday without breaking our eyeballs.

Cheryl- I keep a sweater in my locker just in case it gets too cold at the lab. One of the guy techs has been known to put on three or four disposable lab coats if he gets too cold.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to DNA301

hello and good morning

another hot day here again. well nothing much going on here today go to the gym later on. someone come over to look at are dishwasher seen it been act up. so let hope he can fix it. it works because my husband unplug it and then plug back in and work for one cycle. so we will see. the house across the street they paint it white white.

hope everyone has a nice thrusday

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Sadie spiked a 103.4 temp yesterday evening. Took her to after hours clinic. Ears are fine. Did a urine sample but wont know for 2 says. I am thinking virus because if the runny nose. Miserable baby wont let me put her down. Nothing getting done around here.

Hope you get the dishwasher fixed Danielle.

Ashley, you kinda need your eyeballs so don't strain too hard.maybe they will cover the vacancy.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to rockmom

Here are 2 cards I finished yesterday. Both are for my grandsons birthdays . TFL....

Grandson Andrew's BD card By Abby0317

Grandson Peen's BD card By Abby0317

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to Abby0317

Morning ladies! We are now joining the rest of the nation and are headed into the heat wave with 95 deg today. From 80 to 95 in one day----blek!

I'm going to color a "big eyes" bestie today for a card for my sister. I'm getting the mojo back!

Anna: You haven't said lately how Brit is doing? Are they liking the area? Is she working? Hope all is well for her.
Ashley: I'd be the one turning down the temps! I love coolness & AC!! I'm just guessing here but I'd bet your sister told your mom that bit of stupidity and she's just passing it on. And no, the maid of honor does not have this responsibility especially after 2 yrs!!! Good grief!
Cathe: if you are peeking in or when you did get back in here, I wanted to say that both my orders got here yesterday inc the one that went missing. Hope you are having fun!
Cheryl: I used to think that with 1 kid!! Lauren never stopped moving which is why I nicknamed her "commotion in motion"!
Andrew would be quietly playing and Lauren was all over the place.
Danielle: I take naps most days since I don't sleep soundly at night. Steve rolling over will wake me so I need an hours nap!
Denise: poor Sadie! I hope it's nothing serious and will go away! Have the girls gone home? A trip to MO? Enjoy!!

Keep cool today!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

JCI off to bed. Work again tonight

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Edited by Anna C on 07-13-18 01:53 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Anna C

hello and good morning

well nothing much going on. go to the gym later on. Are corn is growing good. well the mow the lawn yesterday. I talk to my mom little yesterday. next week I need to clean this house good before my friend get out here.

hope everyone has a nice Friday

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

JCI will be leaving tomorrow. Will try to check in.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to rockmom

Heading out for Steve's birthday dinner in a few minutes. Been a hot day here but I got a small amount of shrub trimming down until Steve came out and told me to stop since it was too hot. What I need to do is learn how to use the chain saw!

Enjoy your trip Denise and have a safe journey!
I love those cat's eyes Anna!!! Steve was actually born on Fri the 13th.
Everyone have a fun weekend!

PS--Enabler Alert: if you like distress inks go watch this YouTube on a new product of his that is coming out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsTxx7YMww0&a mp;feature...
It's about Alcohol Lift Ink and man is it cool!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

Grandkids coming soon. William’s birthday party is at 7 at the park. Heat index is 108!!!!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

I'm home.
I was having so much fun, that I stayed off my devices.
Truth be told, I don't know how to work my devices. The kids showed me how to get a 'hot spot' thru my phone, I didn't have much luck getting in here to post. Oh well, guess it is good to get away.

Denise- sure hope little Sadie is better and the fever is gone. That was a high temp!

Ashely- that's ridiculous to think arranging an anniversary party for you sister is your job.
Sure hope you didn't get stuck with more hours since the schedule had a glitch.

Danielle- There's cabbage in your street tacos? That sounds interesting. I like cabbage.

Terry- Sure glad the missing order got to you!!
Your cards are beautiful. I admire how you try new techniques.
Chocolate Ganache frosting??? I don't think I've ever had that, but if chocolate is in the title it must be good.

Ann-a Glad to hear Bucky's BP is much better!

Cheryl- I chucked that you wondered how two small children could make you tire...........you are a Grandma and that there explains a lot. LOL

Our new camper was WONDERFUL!! We should have gotten one years ago! It was so nice having a bathroom in the middle of the night. Plus the storage is wonderful.
We had a great time. So many wonderful memories.
I we say our "highs" and "lows" of each day. I wish I had written them all down. Sometimes tho' it is nice just to live in the moment.
I'm so glad Casey's family went to the water park with Doug and his family. I kept Oakley as he would have hindered their day. We went to Walmart and bought him two toys. We spent time at the beach too. Also I let him have ice cream at ten in the morning..........don't tell his mom. LOL The reason I did was that when his family was leaving for Noah's Ark he was clinging to his mom and crying. So I said, "Let's go to the Chateau" He stopped crying immediately. We drove down to the Lake where the Chateau is. It was ten in the morning. He wanted ice cream, what's a Grandma to do? Buy it of course. We sat inside along the row of screened windows and watched the birds and the fish.
The eating area juts out over the water so we could see fish swimming down below. It was one of those moments you savor.

back to reality. I need to go finish taking things out of the camper and deciding what can stay in there.

Have a nice day.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

JCI---It's supposed to at 98 deg today and I bet it beats that. Hope everyone else is having cooler weather and enjoying the outdoors. I'm having serious thoughts about going to the dog event next weekend that I'm supposed to help at. Still going to be 90 and I get heat stroke easy.

Glad to hear you had a great time Cathe and that you love the trailer!!! I think it's pretty special to do things for the kids that parents would not normally approve of! So good for you!

I'm off to color for a bit …. I love it!

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Abby0317

Hi! On vacation (again...I put in for either August or July...they gave me July which I wasn't ok with)...yesterday a friend and I went to go see "Ant-Man and the Wasp." It was a fun movie except for one of the post-credit scenes. Fun fact: This is the first Marvel Movie to have the female lead credited in the title. I guess Marvel is finally learning since DC had such success with "Wonder Woman." Tomorrow my mom and I might go into the city to see an exhibit on the history of Girl Scouts because we're dorks that way LOL!

Terry- There was some drama between my sister and her husband for their anniversary and nothing happened...I don't even think she took the cards we got for her. I was supposed to buy her some chair she wanted...insteady a drew her a really bad picture of a chair and stuck it in the card.

Cathe- It sounds like you had a nice trip!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to DNA301

JCI

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Good Monday morning!

Ashley, enjoy your vacay! Hope your weather cools down a bit. We are still pretty hot and dry here right now.

Cathe, welcome back. So glad you are pleased with your camper and that you had a great time. You handled your grandma duties with Oakley perfectly! And you’re right, sometimes it is best to just savor the moment rather capturing scrapbook moments. You can never get those moments back but you will always have those memories.

Cheryl, you are like the energizer bunny! You never slow down!

Danielle, what are street tacos? I like raw cabbage but am learning to like it baked. Bucky really likes baked cabbage steaks.

Denise, hope sweet Sadie is feeling better. I hope you are having a good visit in MO.

Terry, I watched some of that video link you shared. Didn’t have time to finish it but it does look interesting. Hope it cools down for you. We have been in the upper 80s most of July and with little to no rain in our area so we are really dry.

Would you all believe that we are now facing another medical deductible? Bucky’s insurance thru his work….their fiscal year ends in July rather than December. And they are changing insurance companies the first of August. Four deductibles in one year! We have decided dying is cheaper!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Good morning!!

Anna- it sure make me mad that "the little man" keeps getting stomped on..............insurance, taxes etc. They want to bleed us dry.
i sound like a protest song from the 60's. LOL
So sorry you are being hit again with another deductible increase.
I'm surprised your weather has been so dry. We've been pretty wet this summer. .................and hot and humid.
I did savor the moment with Oakley at the lake. But I got a picture. I can't wait to scrap it. He could end up with 10 pages on camping. I have so many pictures of him.
What are cabbage steaks?

Terry- I don't do the heat well anymore either. I sat in the AC while camping a couple of times. Last night while I was watching The Bachelorette on demand I was coloring. I love to color too.
I didn't get to the video you linked, but I want to see it. Maybe later today I can get to it.

Ashley- Have a great week off. You and your mom should go to the museum. I don't think it's dorky at all.

Danielle- my tomatoes aren't doing well. I got a couple off the early bird plant. They weren't very tasty.

Denise- Is Sadie ok now?

Cheryl- Enjoy your day off.

I'll bbl. I need to go to the library, Sam's and a grocery store.
Have a great day.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

hello and good morning

here a pocket letter I made for a swap
Pocket letter 4 of july By Southern Lady

well it rain here last night and little cloudy but still going to be hot here . the corn is doing good and growing. well go to the gym later on today.

ann- street tacos is shed beef. I put them in a crock pot and cook them and we use little tortas soft . I don't know if I spell them right.

hope everyone has a nice Monday

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

I got up early to run before taking a Karyol to a doctor’s appointment. I need to do laundry, do some food prepping and scrap today.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

Morning! Just got back from the gym and a really nice woman showed me how to use this leg machine correctly. What a difference!

Anna: we haven't had a drop of rain since June 10 and it's horrible how dry it is. I am so sorry about the new deductible! What a mess our healthcare system is and you cannot go without health ins past the age of 35! Here's one that made me go "wth"! Short story is our drug mail order _Walgreens_ sent me without prior authorization a 3 mo supply of a special insulin. Retail cost on this is $1600--I pay $400. Outrageous but the story goes after phone calls etc they tell me they are reversing the $400 they took out of my checking and to just "throw away' the insulin. Seriously???? Like h3ll!! That insulin is in my fridge!!!
Ashley: Enjoy the week off and I hope you get to visit the Girl scout exhibit.
Cathe: I'm now toying with buying that stamp set with the birds, sea, and lighthouse. I'm seeing lots of cool ideas done with it. I'm coloring a set of Sherrie Baldy Besties--it's a big and little sister one. I'm making a card for my sis to cheer her up.
Cheryl: Hope all is well with you.
Danielle: Cute pocket letter! I make street tacos with shredded beef, lime juice, scallions, & cilantro. Which is what is for dinner tonight.
Denise: hope Sadie is feeling better.

BBL

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Abby0317

I ran into town today for a prescription at Target. That was quick.
However, retail stores must think no one shops on Monday mornings. Everywhere I went there weren't enough checkers. J've never waited so long at Home Goods. Finally another gal came. Then at HL!!! OMGosh, Finally a gal came and at least they say to the next person in line that they'll take you over there.
I guess I was in an extra hurry to get home and waiting in line bugged me.

I spent the day cleaning off the counters. again. I swear things multiply.

Terry- they said to throw away the precious insulin? What a waste.
I've been eying that stamp set also.

gotta go marinate the salmon.

Have a nice evening.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Let them be little By Cdjohnson

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! My mom and I went to the Girl Scout Exhibit today...it was very small and kind of disappointing. However, it was attached to the official Girl Scout Store here in NYC and we hadn't been there in YEARS (we order mostly online). They had a lot of new patch material so my mom bought me...well, not really me but my Daisies...the booklets for the new Daisy science patches for when we start up again in the fall. My mom said she'd consider buying the booklets for the other leaders when they decide to actually work on patches they already have booklets for.

Anna- It's wicked hot and wicked humid here. We're expecting terrible thunderstorms tomorrow.

Cathe- I spent most of yesterday making Zentangles that I'm planning on coloring. I'm making this book...it's not really a scrapbook but a book to keep all the posters and bookmarks I get from some of the book subscription boxes I get. I couldn't figure out how to make the fancy fold pockets on the internet so I cut up a bunch of envelopes and drew Zentangles on them.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to DNA301

Good morning!

It rained all around us yesterday and some places were under flash flooding warnings and advisories....we got nothing. However, the fair is in town starting today so that may bring the rain! LOL

Gosh Terry, that is a long time without rain! I would be concerned about fires.

Cathe, I feel your pain. I get so frustrated at the grocery store with two lanes open and a zillion people waiting to check out! Or you got to the express lane with two items and then the person in front of you has twenty!

Drug out my boxes of Christmas paper and dies as well as my Halloween stuff. Gonna work on some things for Cards for Kids....hopefully.

Have a great day!

Edited by Anna C on 07-17-18 02:00 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Anna C

hello and good morning

well today is clean all the bed sheets on the beds. we got little thunder storm yesterday. today the sun is out and hot here. well going to the gym later on. I hope the guy get the part for the dishwasher I been washing the dish by hand here. I was talk to my husband last night and ask him next summer if we could go up to Montana glacier national park. I would love to see there glacier.

cath- feel you on the grocery store with two lanes open.

hope everyone has a nice Tuesday

Edited by southern lady on 07-17-18 04:59 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Good morning!!

Anna- it would be great to see cards from you once again.
Ya, having a county fair or big event usually brings rain.
I swear this was the first Memorial weekend it didn't rain. Loves Park, the city that runs into Rockford has a big festival that weekend. It ALWAYS rains. LOL

Danielle- It is cool seeing a glacier.
Isn't it maddening that your brand new dishwasher needs fixing?

Ashley- I think having the girls earn Science patches would be so worthwhile.

Cheryl- darling LO. I love all the different patterns and how they are laid out.

I plan on walking, doing one more load of wash and perhaps scrapping.
Have a great day everyone.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Sadie's fever is gone. She developed a rash after. We are not surprised with our pale skin it looks prominent and is something we have seen numerous times after a virus. Her nose is stuffy.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to rockmom

Good morning! Did my BodyGroove dancing this morning. I really like that one and it does get the heartrate up as well as being fun.

Anna: it would be fun to see cards from you! I'm finally having fun doing it now too.
Ashley: Glad you had a nice time! Science patches would be great for girls. And there's so many little things they could do too
Cathe: I think by far the worst checkout place is Joanne's I never get thru there in under 15 min. I'm so mad by the time I get to the cashier I want to scream.
Cheryl: darling LO! I know that routine of buying kids stuff while shopping. I learned to give Emma birthday presents instead of taking her shopping! She can talk me into anything!!
Danielle: I've been to Glacier Nat'l Park and it is amazing! So pristine and beautiful. You will enjoy it.... I got back today and left a comment on your pocket.
Denise: did you ever find out what was the cause of the virus? Are you home now?

And finally here's one I worked on yesterday. It goes to my sister Pammi and it's sort of a memory from our childhood when Mom bought us matching lilac Easter dresses, hats, and fancy shoes. I had a ball doing this!
Sisters card By Abby0317

TFL....

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

Outside grilling and sweating my butt off!!! Trying to get meat grilled for the week. Deer burgers, deer tenderloin, smoked sausage and Rock Cornish hens.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Terry- your card is darling!!!

Denise- Glad to hear Sadie's fever is gone! Hope the rash is short lived.

Cheryl- yep it's hot to be grillin'!!!!
Rum braised the ribs about 11:00 and it was hot then. He didn't have to stand out there long though. They are in the crock pot and ready to eat. I really like Cornish hens.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Hi! Icky and rainy day here in NYC...I spent most of the day inside reading and coloring. Hopefully tomorrow will be nice...my mom and I are planning on going to something called a Shakespeare Garden in Central Park. It's a garden that has plants mentioned in Shakespeare's works and supposed to be really pretty. I didn't even know we had one in NYC until I read about them in the fall LOL! Sometimes I think I'm the worst New Yorker!

Anna- We got hit with the rain today. I'm not sure if some places got flooded but there was A LOT of rain!

Cathe- For a while, whenever I had a day off from work, it poured buckets of rain all day LOL!

Denise- Hope Sadie is starting to feel better, despite the rash!

Terry- I usually do little science expierments with my Daisy troop...by and large, the stand out favorite every year is the "volcano experiment" (baking soda and vinegar).

Cheryl- That is a lot of grilling!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to DNA301

Good morning!!

Ashley- Hopefully your rain quits and you can get to that garden. It sounds interesting.

I have lunch plans today with gals I used to teach with.
I'm going to my demonstrator's card making thing tonight.
It's nice to have some plans.

Perhaps I'll get into my scrap room today.
However I really need to iron some cotton clothing that i hung to dry. We'll see what wins out.

Have a nice day.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

hello and good morning

nothing much going on here today. another hot day out here. I wish I had my swimming pool. my corn doing good in my garden I count like 12 corns on the stock. my tomatoes are doing good and my other stuff grown good. well go to the gym later on.

cath- have fun at you lunch with gal friends and have nice time at your card class.

hope everyone has a nice wedensday

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

I ran 8 miles this morning, fixed breakfast, mowed the yard, fixed lunch and going to take a nap shortly before work tonight.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! The icky weather and my mom and I went to visit the Shakespeare Garden in Central Park today. It was really pretty and had lots of different flowers in it...and lots of butterflies! There were even a few hidey holes in the garden that I became convinced were home to elves or pixies or something. Tomorrow, my mom and I are going to this thing called Broadway in Bryant Park. It's where four Broadway shows go and sing songs from their shows...they don't wear costumes (just black shirts and pants) but it's still pretty cool!

Cathe- What finally won out?

Cheryl- Have a good night at work!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to DNA301

Good morning!!

Ashley- ironing won out. It went pretty quickly.
Oh I'd love to go to Broadway in the Park. Do they do that all summer? What Broadway shows were represented? Tell me more!
I think I have thespian blood in me. LOL
The Shakespeare gardens sound really pretty.

We are headed into Chicago to the horse Races today. The track is really in the burbs not Chicago proper.
We are going with our college group. --3 other couples.

Have a great day everyone.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

hello and good morning

well last night I mow the lawn and my husband did the edge. well another hot day here today again. I am not feel great this morning. well go to the gym later on need to vacuum today. we had to take the last cabbage out seen it was ready .

hope everyone has a nice thrusday

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Hello. Finishing up all mom's chores here in Missouri today. If all goes as planned will head home tomorrow. I hope to buy some Alex drawers and a Linnmon table top on Saturday from Ikea and get it assembled. Then next week I want to paint 3 bathrooms and a laundry room. The builder uses flat paint. There is no way to clean it, the paint just rubs right off. I will use satin because you can wipe it clean. When that is finished I will be starting Cooper and Emmett on the k4 curriculum. We (hubby, mom, and I) hope to take some time off in September for a vacation. We shall see.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to rockmom

Well, just when you think life is being calm.... Our heat pump/air conditioner went out Tues and the service guy says $1500 to repair the Freon leak. That was lucky because he told Steve it might have been the whole unit and a $5000 bill. Monday out lab Ruby needs to have a hematoma taken off below her ear and that should run about $250. That just starts it since Steve has a surgery scheduled mid-Aug and probably $700 outlay. And we retired?????

I should drop in here only in the mornings!
BBL tomorrow....

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

PL I made for Jess:

PL for Jess By Cdjohnson

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics