Username Post: Best pens?        (Topic#1674797)
m.perk
m.perk 
Governor
m.perk

I am to venture back into card making & stamping....Is there a pen that is better than the other for coloring? I do know Copic's are top of the line, but is there an alternative that is just as good?

yellowstar
Resident
yellowstar
In response to m.perk

I’ve seen people use sharpies.
I’m not that good with coloring so my copics are wasted on me...and they’re expensive too so I gave them to my sister.

Dawna.s Place
Governor
Dawna.s Place
In response to m.perk

I don't know what price point your looking for, but a great professional alternative to Copics are the dual tip Zig Kuretake pens. They are high quality so they are a bit pricey, but outstanding rich color saturation. The are also water soluble so you can use them like a water color pan. Meaning you can dip your wet paint brush along the tip to pick up color from the pen and paint with it. Very versatile. You can get them in complimentary color sets like skin tones, landscaping, etc.

Welcome back to card making, wishing you the best.

Dawna.s Place
Governor
Dawna.s Place
In response to Dawna.s Place

Sorry, my pens are actually Tombows Dual points. Hope that helps.

southgirl
Expert
southgirl

I too am thinking of buying new pens. I had the Tombow and they are nice pens. But they leave ghost like tracks and if you are not using water color paper you cannot blend them well,
Most others do the same. I am not sure that Copic is any different. Arteza and Zig pens are water color pens. But they leave a track as well. I am told Ohuhu pens color like Copic and they are reasonably priced..

I would like a pen that lays down smooth and will blend well with itself. I would even stand it if they took a while to dry. Hmmm like chalk pens that dry permanent.

Edited by southgirl on 08-23-18 09:26 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

m.perk
m.perk 
Governor
m.perk

Thank you! I have Zig markers that I purchased 18+ years ago. I have always been impressed with the quality and that they are still usable. All your input helped tremendously!

m.perk
m.perk 
Governor
m.perk
In response to yellowstar

I have some sharpies. I’ll try these and see if I can blend them :). Thank you!

m.perk
m.perk 
Governor
m.perk
In response to southgirl

What are ghost tracks? Probably a silly question!!

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to m.perk

Like when you are coloring a large area and you can see where you had colored previously when you color right up to or over it. Say if you are coloring green area some of the green will be darker.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to southgirl

I have Copics, but I've been given a few Spectrum Noir's over the years. They seem really nice to color with.
Products Referenced in This Post:

m.perk
m.perk 
Governor
m.perk
In response to southgirl

Thank you!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to m.perk

I have the Zig writer marker set since it came out years ago.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics