Username Post: "Products Used" frustration        (Topic#1674811)
ELLANVANNIN
Governor
ELLANVANNIN

The new way to add the products used, when uploading a lo, started in January. Many of us complained about the mess it is. Explanations were given and promises to make it better were made. Seven months later nothing has changed.
It's almost impossible to see the items because of the very small image that is shown. Many products don't even show up (and they're still available). Typing the full name of the item leads to other products (sometimes of other brands than the one typed) so you have to type just the brand and try to guess. I've had to re-type the name using different variations up to three times. It takes forever for the list to load and different lists keep appearing and disappearing until the (supposedly) right one finally stays. Products discontinued used to be still listed now some that were available till just a month ago are not.
When uploading more than 1 lo, when you type the product name the screen scrolls up by itself! Then you have to scroll down and then the same will happen when you type another product.
I've been uploading 1 lo at a time to avoid this.

Please, please, please!!! Do something about this!
Thanks in advance.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to ELLANVANNIN

Oh I feel your pain.
It’s awful.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to ChansGram

I'm not a fan either. If I can't find an item pretty quickly, I just skip it.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to mrsmiller

Extreme frustration when loading several layouts at once. I usually just quit linking product.
I don't know that going "back" is in the future!!

ELLANVANNIN
Governor
ELLANVANNIN
In response to Sewflake

They explained that they can't go back because that software was old and had some problems , but promised to make this one better.
Still waiting...

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper

As with putting the featured layouts back where they were, this doesn't seem to be high on their list of priorities.

Vivian Lake
Diva
Vivian Lake
In response to NMscrapper

Ladies,

I'm not here to defend SB.com. But as someone who works for a web-based company, the program I work with is constantly evolving and devolving. When the programmers make a change, other issues come up. It's constant and we are encouraged to be patient. It's the nature of working with an online program.

If programming was easy, we would all do it.

If we come back with "but it can't be that hard to just fix it" blah blah blah . . . obviously we are missing how hard it actually is.

Note, I don't like the "new" way either. But I'm sure SB has heard our complaints. If not, then that is on them. It is not required that we link products to use this site. I usually just do the "three" and move on. Ain't no reason for me to get all worked up about it, especially since none of us get any kind of commission with product promotion.

That's my two cents.

ELLANVANNIN
Governor
ELLANVANNIN
In response to Vivian Lake

1 - I LOVE SB.com. and the people who works here. They're always nice and understanding. That's why I tried to be as nice as possible in my message. They themselves asked us to let them know how this is working (I'm copying messages from Jan. below)
2 - I'm a programmer so I know how hard it can be to fix things, but 7 months without any change nor news about how the "fixing" is going made me feel (and I'm thankful I'm not alone) that it was time to ask for help again. Maybe they should try a different software if this can't be fixed.
3 - I (as many others) do get a commission which helps me a lot. (Thank you sooooo much SB.com)
I truly hope this doesn't start any conflict because it's not my intention.
My message was just to vent and to see if they can give us at least an update.

These are the responses form SB.com when we first complained:

brent on 01-25-18 07:56 AM
In response to mrsmiller
All products should be in there now (a bug, not by design). We're committed to make it run as good or better. We're still tweaking things, so please let us know how it's working.

(Note by me: many of them are still not there as of yesterday, Aug. 24, it's not good, let alone better)

Meggies Nana on 01-25-18 04:27 PM
So does this mean the discontinued items are back in the list of products used? Sure hope so, but I liked it before when you would just type part of the product name it would come up. I know, we don't like change!!:))
Blessings~Marylou

brent on 01-26-18 07:57 AM
In response to Meggies Nana
The answer is yes and yes (you can type part of the word). If you think it's not performing as it should we will certainly look into it. Feedback is very helpful! Thanks.

brent on 01-31-18 05:23 AM
In response to CoolCath
Because the old program was broken and difficult to maintain. With the new shopping cart and new product information the old program didn't show new products. At least now we can tweak and fix things much easier. Bear with us for a short bit until we get something that we all can agree works better than the old way...Your constructive, SPECIFIC input is helpful. Saying you want the old way doesn't help much except to say there's a problem somewhere. What specifically did you like about the old program that is not there today, etc? Certainly we can address the sizing issue--I'm a casualty of presbyopia myself! Thanks.
brent

(Notes by me: "now we can tweak and fix things much easier", doesn't seem to be the case.
"Bear with us for a short bit", I think 7 months is a long bit.
"Certainly we can address the sizing issue". Please let us know the results of that addressing and if it can or can't be fixed.)

Again,my complaining doesn't mean I don't appreciate all the hard work SB.com does and how much they worry about us. In fact it's because I know they listen that I take the time to write, otherwise it would be a waste of time.

Suncatcher99
Tenant
Suncatcher99

i am not getting a commission for linking to products. Mmmmm. Wonder what I am doing wrong.

ELLANVANNIN
Governor
ELLANVANNIN
In response to Suncatcher99

You have to contact them to be included to get a commission. My daughter did that for me so I don't know what the process is but maybe you can ask them.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

Ana, I'd like a commission! Can you ask your daughter if you get a chance how she went about it?

Laura Winslow
Resident
Laura Winslow
In response to Suncatcher99

• Suncatcher99 Said:
i am not getting a commission for linking to products. Mmmmm. Wonder what I am doing wrong.

Hello!

Thank you all for your support of Scrapbook.com and for always letting us know your concerns. We truly appreciate them, and do hear you. We are always seeking to make our site better for you.

I am here to address this specific question. Regarding commissions-if you have a blog and social media that you post projects to regularly, you may want to consider applying to the Scrapbook.com Affiliate program, where you have the opportunity to earn a commission in a variety of ways. You can learn more here:
https://www.scrapbook.com/pages/affiliates

This page has extensive information that should be able to answer all of your questions. Just to clarify, a customer does not receive a commission simply for linking products to a layout. Commissions can be earned by those who are part of our affiliate program--feel free to let me know if you have any questions at all after reading over the above information.

Thanks again for all of your amazing support!

Happy crafting,
Laura Winslow
Affiliate Program Manager
Scrapbook.com
[email protected]

Laura Winslow
Resident
Laura Winslow
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
Ana, I'd like a commission! Can you ask your daughter if you get a chance how she went about it?

Hi there! I just responded below but also wanted to respond to your question with this so it would not be overlooked. Let me know if you have any questions. Have an amazing day and thank you for your interest!
Hello!

Thank you all for your support of Scrapbook.com and for always letting us know your concerns. We truly appreciate them, and do hear you. We are always seeking to make our site better for you.

I am here to address this specific question. Regarding commissions-if you have a blog and social media that you post projects to regularly, you may want to consider applying to the Scrapbook.com Affiliate program, where you have the opportunity to earn a commission in a variety of ways. You can learn more here:
https://www.scrapbook.com/pages/affiliates

This page has extensive information that should be able to answer all of your questions. Just to clarify, a customer does not receive a commission simply for linking products to a layout. Commissions can be earned by those who are part of our affiliate program--feel free to let me know if you have any questions at all after reading over the above information.

Thanks again for all of your amazing support!

Happy crafting,
Laura Winslow
Affiliate Program Manager
Scrapbook.com
[email protected]

Vivian Lake
Diva
Vivian Lake
In response to Laura Winslow

I'm on it!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Vivian Lake

I never intended to nor do I want a commission for linking products, I do it just to let people know what I have used on a page I create. I do not maintain a blog, whew been there done that .... now deleted everything I had in it.
I am just a customer that loves your products, likes to shop here and wishes you could carry every manufacturer and product line!! I don't mind linking products but as I think about it doing so probably does not bring in much business for sb.com...

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to Sewflake

I am not a blogger and not follow blogs. I really don't like reading blogs - so I would never be eligible for a commission - which is fine.

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to Henri Jean

Yes, I neither have a blog nor particularly care about the discounts, so it's really irrelevant. We have talked about this and the loss of the featured projects from the storefront for most of the month, and I have decided that since no one can find my layouts anymore, I really don't need to tag products used. So starting this month, I will no longer fight with that process.

I love sb.com for lots of reasons, and I'm sad about how unfriendly it has become to its core group of dedicated scrappers. As I've said before, I have purchased most of my supplies here out of loyalty. Now, I look for the best price, such as saving $10 plus free shipping on two items at Amazon last week. This week, I checked out the Blue Fern site and found a wonderful assortment box and some lovely paper packs at deep discount prices. They're on the way to me now!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to NMscrapper

I always checks the "what's new" every few days and that is where I find what I want to buy here. I don't pay much attention - or any attention at all when people do select products they use, I go to the "what's new" and fill my cart form there.

This is my favorite place to buy stuff. I do mostly digi but still buy paper products and scan them and use them so I'm still buying paper packs and single papers.

Really wish more die cuts were offered - that is what I love to buy and wish they were offered digitally.

My cart is filling up again. Need to check the "what's new" a few more times and get it filled up some more - about time for me to order here again!

Scraping4fun25
Governor
Scraping4fun25
In response to Henri Jean

Personally, I like going through the gallery and looking at peoples work. This is one source of inspiration for me. Sometimes I am curious what people use on their layout. It's nice when what they used its in the products used or in the general description, but not absolutely necessary.

Personally, I get products from a wide variety of sources, though scrapbook.com is one of my favorites, as they are usually very well stocked with up-to-date. However, its not always possible to link stuff from other sources, which is ok.

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to Scraping4fun25

Hi...
As I was recently looking thru and commenting in the gallery this thread popped into my head and made me realize that as much of a PITA it is to link products I appreciate those who do it.
I love to be able to know what the name/name brand of a product is when I see something I really like on a layout... you know so I can buy it myself.
The bummer though is when it's out-of stock/discontinued, LOL

I know others appreciate it also, so I will continue to do so.
For those who continue to do so, thank you!
For those who don't... no worries, it's completely understandable!
Have a great day/evening everyone!

Edited by Doreena on 09-06-18 12:38 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics