Username Post: Convert Cut line to score line        (Topic#1674819)
njr007
njr007 
Angel
njr007

Is there a way to convert an outside line of a cut so that it scores instead of cuts? I have a cut that I want to convert to make a pop up card, but I can't seem to make the parts that are only suppose to score to not cut. I have looked online but I can't seem to make it work.

BTW, Hi everyone, sure have missed ya'll.

Norma

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to njr007

Hey Norma!! It has been a long time.

I have taken a look at a very simple image that I cut earlier today, it is easy enough to change it to a score line instead of cut line. I am assuming you are wanting to do both a cut (some portions) and score others??
If there is no way to break the "connection" between the outside and inside lines that are cutting then I don't know, or break the connection between say one image and the lines to cut out the whole design.... for example a bird pop up (score) inside a card outline to cut and fold, it seems to want to all score or all cut when the image is not designed to do both.

I don't know if that makes any sense...
Let me know if you find a way to handle it!!

njr007
njr007 
Angel
njr007
In response to Sewflake

Hi Sharon!

Thanks, hmmmmm still have not figured it out. I put the score line over the part I want to score and it does score it, but then it also cuts it I think it should be an easy fix I am just not seeing it!

So nice to "see" you. I am getting a little time to myself this weekend so I am trying to make some cards. DH and I are opening a new business in November and between that and babysitting for a friend I have had my hands full. I did make lots of cuts for my daughter for her classroom but just have not had anytime to make thing I want! I hope that after the first of the year everything will be in place and I will get into a routine that will allow to me have more me/craft time. I hope to try to check in a little more in the next few months, I sure have missed being on the threads

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to njr007

I look forward to "seeing " you a bit more in the months to come. Best wishes for the new business!

lisymarie
Expert
lisymarie
In response to Sewflake

Look on the MayMay Made It You Tube channel. In the video for her Christmas Villae, she talks about this.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics