Username Post: Tell me about your projects? EXCITED awaiting delivery        (Topic#1674927)
PixieBowles
New Kid On the Block
PixieBowles

Hello scrappers.

I just wanted to share my excitement with you all. I placed an order last week with SB, and its en-route to Japan!
I have been looking through the challenges and watching videos (and adding more to my wish list) and organizing my photos in anticipation! I cant wait to join in the fun!

My first project is documenting my move from the UK to Japan, I have a lot of authentic ephemera and photos.

As a newbie I thought it would be nice to get to know you all, so please tell me, what projects do you have lined up? Or what are you working on but have not yet shared?

- Pixie

gluemore girl
Pro
gluemore girl
In response to PixieBowles

Hello Pixie and welcome!
I've been scrapping for almost 20 years now and enjoy it still as much now as I did in the beginning!
I'm working on a few different projects: a birthday LO featuring all my scrappy lady friends, my son's college swim team photos, and summer. I get together with friends at least once a month to scrap but have a space at home dedicated to it as well.

You are going to have such a cool project for your first go! Enjoy!

PixieBowles
New Kid On the Block
PixieBowles
In response to gluemore girl

Thank you Maria!

Your projects sound like fun - I love the fact you have been doing this for 20years and still find enjoyment! It says a lot about the beauty of creating. How lovely it is that you get to meet friends once a month, if you don’t mind me asking- do you go to a craft area or around one another’s house?

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Hi Pixie and welcome again
I have been scrapping for about 20 years...once all the grand kids started arriving and I was taking pictures left and right! I needed someplace to display all of them.
I started stamping and card making for a time while my scrapbooks took a backseat and still the photos kept piling up. I went back to my scrapbooks as I like the process and end result, now I very seldom make a card.

I don't usually have a specific project to work on, what guides me is the desire to look at and work with some of the older photos of my DGK's as they bring back memories from years past. Still the new photos pile up!!!! The other project is working on a graduation album for this school year.

RhondaR
Diva
RhondaR
In response to Sewflake

Oh...new packages are always SO exciting! I've been adding stuff to my cart all week and will probably order tonight or tomorrow.
I go through spells of posting my layouts to the gallery but it's actually been awhile since I posted anything new.

I just finished a layout and I saw a sketch in the gallery I'd like to try so I am hoping to get started tomorrow.

I have a few projects I want to get done before Christmas too....gifts for the daughter in laws

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to RhondaR

I have been scrapping since 1997. I am working on a mothers day layout.

i forgot to say congrats on your order from here

Edited by anda11 on 09-12-18 03:36 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Mulan05
Expert
Mulan05
In response to anda11

Hello and welcome!

I’m mostly working on baby books right now. I have started trying to organize and print photos for my wedding scrapbook, 4 Disney vacations, honeymoon, and about 5 other trips. Most of my completed scrapbooks are all vacations I’ve taken or me and my husband took together.

Vivian Lake
Diva
Vivian Lake
In response to Mulan05

I've been scrapping for over 20 years. I'm all over the place as far as projects go. I don't really work on a "long" project at once cause I get too bored.

But I do have goals. Working on my art journaling, making a scrapbook page for my DT, making a 3-D project for a teacher at my son's school and making a Fall home decor project and getting ready to go on vacation (gotta take photos!!)

gluemore girl
Pro
gluemore girl

• PixieBowles Said:
Thank you Maria!

Your projects sound like fun - I love the fact you have been doing this for 20years and still find enjoyment! It says a lot about the beauty of creating. How lovely it is that you get to meet friends once a month, if you don’t mind me asking- do you go to a craft area or around one another’s house?

We have a local community room that we signed up to use once a month. In between a couple of us get together at one of our homes. I do find enjoyment still and that's why I do it. I dabble in card making using scraps from LO but that has taken a back seat as I am taking online classes.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to gluemore girl

Pixie, you were asking about going to craft areas around ones house.......for the most part I scrap alone, but as of July of this year, one of the ladies that has been holding crops for years has recently opened a crop space that has ongoing crops weekly, she will host them or anyone can "rent" her space and host their own crop. It is a win win for us all as many of these ladies I have scrapped at crops with for 5-10 years and while not BFF's we are friendly acquaintances that now see each other regularly!!

I do hope this can continue for as all of us ladies have been wanting a regular crop space for years!!! There are 50-60 ladies and since her space will only hold 20 or so at a time we don't have to worry about trying to make it to each weekly crop!!

Dawna.s Place
Governor
Dawna.s Place
In response to Sewflake

Welcome to the neighborhood Pixie!! Wow you moved from the UK to Japan, what a great season to document. Moves make great "Now and Then" layouts. I am hosting a mixed media swap here at sb, love swapping with the great ladies on this site. I'm not scrapping much these days, I like Off the Page projects. I just finished a unicorn and a canvas this week. Now I'm working on a canvas for my swap partner. I hope your order arrives in good shape and you can enjoy your new goodies! Have fun and good luck with the move!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Dawna.s Place

Hi Pixie!
Ive been scrapping since 2003.
I love doing all kinds of projects including traditional scrapbooking.
Ive made 210 Pocketletters!
Love making tags and Altered objects.

Thank you for starting this discussion!!

SusanneG
Idol
SusanneG
In response to bonprof

Hi Pixie!
I am scrapping since 2001, sometimes more an sometimes less. I scrap whatever comes to my mind, so from heritage to new photos everything an be possible. My main project in the moment is a book about my dd's wedding last year. It goes slowly but it goes
I love to do the challenges on scrapbook.com.
I am looking forward to see your layouts!

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to SusanneG

I craft at a crop once a month and then have random craft sessions with one or 2 during the month. But mostly I am a "drive by" crafter. Being retired I can craft anytime of the day or night. I set up my craft room in my dining room so as I pass by I work for an hour or so then go my merry way.

I am currently making a Halloween house from a kit. (I have already made one and gave it to a friend). I may give this one to my granddaughter...I may keep it. I have done a ton of scrap books and I am really like the "Off The Page" crafting although I do cards too.

I am green with envy. All those beautiful sights you'll see!!!! Kimonos!!!!!! Japanese calligraphy!!!!!! Green I say,

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to southgirl

South girl!
I know you and I forgot your name.
I also like to "drive by", and work on my projects.
It gives me new perspective when leaving and coming back to it.

PixieBowles
New Kid On the Block
PixieBowles
In response to bonprof

Hello all

Thank you all so much for the huge response! Sorry I went so quiet- I didn’t realize people had replied (thought I set up email notifications).

I am still awaiting my craft supplies- I know they are currently in Japan but no schedules date for delivery as of yet! I have recently discovered that my local craft shop, Itoya, (8floors of amazingness) stocks a good rage of papers! I’m so pleasantly surprised!

I’m so excited to hear about everyone’s projects- it’s inspiring!

Sewflake how lovely it is that you have a crafting space where you can get together with friends and craft! I so wish that I could have that one day- all the more reason for me to learn Japanese

So currently I have 3 projects-
I’m preparing for an October daily which I will be participating in this coming October! I love Halloween and this seems like a great challenge!

I’m also doing a Halloween swap with some of my old crafting friends (I used to make dreadlocks and hair accessories and books). We used to be on an old forum but now we have reignited the group on Facebook! This is our first swap in 7 years!!!

And ofcourse my move scrapbook! I have been living in Japan for almost a year so I will be playing catch-up! But I am so excited! My photos are prepped- I’ll be printing them this week!

Honestly thank you all so much for the warm welcome- and sharing all of your projects and scrap journeys! It’s really good to hear other people’s stories

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics