Username Post: How to organize my Disney/travel album?        (Topic#1674943)
Lady Fortune
Tenant
Lady Fortune

My family just got back from a great vacation in Disneyland. We spent 5 full days in the parks and another day at a local zoo. This doesn't even count the days on the road to get there.

With five days in the parks you can imagine that we did several things on multiple days. this includes riding the rides, seeing the shows, and even seeing some of the characters. So my question is this: How would you organize the scrapbook? My pictures are currently haphazardly grouped by location in the parks where they were taken, but very loosely. You can tell by the change in the weather and clothing that they aren't all taken on the same day.

Usually I would scrap a trip chronologically, but that doesn't seem to make sense this time around and I cannot seem to wrap my head around how to do this. Any suggestions?

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to Lady Fortune

I've been to WDW several times (I know you went to Disneyland) and what I do is just scrap whatever day/activity I feel like in any order. I usually just slide them into my album in chronological order as they are completed.

Lady Fortune
Tenant
Lady Fortune
In response to mrsmiller

What about layouts that have pictures from different days?

Mulan05
Expert
Mulan05
In response to Lady Fortune

I’ve been to Walt Disney World a few times and we go to the same parks a few different days. I group all pictures of parks together. I think if I had been to Disneyland I’d probably group it by park and then by area in the park. (Example put all of Fantasyland together, all of Adventureland, etc.) Then in my journaling I might write something about doing the ride on day 1 and 3.

I also do pages about food we ate, restaurants, the flights there and back home, the hotel, etc.

gluemore girl
Pro
gluemore girl
In response to Mulan05

I don't think I'd worry about the different day in the same park. You can remark on the fact that you went to the park more than once b/c of what you enjoyed about it in your journaling.
I went to Disney World once and my album is sorted by the parks and favorite moments rather than the actual days. I think non-chrono order makes sense in this case.
Have fun making it!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to gluemore girl

I've had Disney trips like this, and I've opted to go chronologically. It's kind of fun to go back and see what rides and areas we revisited throughout our stay. Also...I like to include a CD/DVD with a download of our pics to store in the album.

pierced_scrapper
Tenant
pierced_scrapper
In response to Luvmyfam

I've never been to Disney, but gluemore's suggestion sounds like a sound one. I've been to places where I visited more than one day and usually I just group them together, with different notes.

ELLANVANNIN
Governor
ELLANVANNIN
In response to pierced_scrapper

I've been to DWD several times too and I always organize my pics for days, no matter if we did the same park in different days. I just make the pages for Day 1 (which I add somewhere in the 1st. page, along with the date), then Day 2, etc.
I feel it represents the trip exactly how it took place.
Hope this helps.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to ELLANVANNIN

I scrap a ton of travel layouts and I always go for chronological. I love journaling, especially on travel layouts and will write something like, "We enjoyed this so much yesterday, we went back again today."

When people go through mine, I'm often told that they feel like they are on the vacation with me.

When Bill and I are talking about a trip we like to see the sequence of the way things happened.

We were at Hershey Park a few months ago and I did several pages on Hershey. Then the next day I started it with, "Another day in Hershey" with some of the same areas and sites and some different things.

That is what makes scrapbooking so much fun. We each have our own way of making our pages and the way we put them in order and that uniqueness is what makes each book so awesome.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics