Username Post: Store and New Products - ETA: Update 23/10/18        (Topic#1674981)
RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

It's been a while since I've explored the Store, and in particular the New Products area, as I've been trying to use up my stuff rather than accumulate more.

But now all the pictures are teeny tiny and I can't see whether I'm looking at stamps or dies, papers or pads, peel-offs or rub-ons. I no longer see a description, and I can't even hover over the products for a clue. I have to click on each individual item just to see what it is. It's making shopping very tedious.

Is it just me, or is everyone else seeing the same?

Edited by RedSquirrel UK on 10-23-18 09:01 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

don1
don1 
Pro
don1
  • don1 on 09-29-18 12:04 PM
In response to RedSquirrel UK

My solution; enter the store, click on the 3 dots on the far right on the address bar, and zoom to the desired size. When finished hit Ctrl + 0 to go to you default size.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to don1

What a good idea! That works well for many pictures, however some (I'm looking at the Altenew and Art Impressions) that just gives me bigger pictures that are grainier and squarey. I suppose they need to upload better thumbnails. And bring back the descriptions.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

I agree on bringing back the descriptions. With my HUGE new monitor I can see the pictures easily, but that doesn't help me know what type of product I'm looking at. To be honest, I have pretty much quit visiting the store with all the changes and really not even visiting the forums like I used to. Maybe that's good...helps me get other things done instead. :>)

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to mrsdriver5

It's been a couple of months since I've shopped, but I just peeked at the store and I can see everything clearly, including the descriptions. I'm sorry this is a struggle for you!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Luvmyfam

• Luvmyfam Said:
It's been a couple of months since I've shopped, but I just peeked at the store and I can see everything clearly, including the descriptions. I'm sorry this is a struggle for you!

Jen—On the New Products page you can see the description without having to click on the product? I can see the descriptions in the regular store pages, but Rosey (the OP) was talking about the New Products page. I'm just curious if I'm missing something or have a setting wrong.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Luvmyfam

I have a huge monitor too, that makes it easy (mostly) to see the products. But I see what you mean about Altenew...their size is pretty small. Without a huge monitor it would make it very difficult to see, just like trying to link products to your layouts.

I loaded some layouts in my gallery today and did not link much, just too time consuming now plus without the gallery on the front page the "traffic" on my posted layouts has dropped. I was thinking today that I might just quit posting my pages as the time it take to do so takes away from my scrapping.

I think from now on only the layouts I have done for a challenge will be posted and I have cut way down on challenge participation too. It seems like everyone else has too.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

I click on quick view and if the tiny bit of description interests me enough to think of buying then I will click on full description.
But if you can't see the thumb nail image to even tell what it is then interest is lost quickly!!
I am always looking at the new products.

Scraping4fun25
Governor
Scraping4fun25
In response to Sewflake

I think there are a number of people on scrapbook.com, myself included that try to regularly comment on peoples layouts. but do have a hard time keeping up with everything when people post a lot of layouts or cards at the same time.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Scraping4fun25

Yup, I kind of did that today as I was at a crop over the weekend and got way more layouts done than normal! But for the most part I only post a couple maybe 3 a week. Over all for the last couple of months the views have way gone down...comments have always had highs and lows...the more you participate and comment yourself the more are returned.

Jessica_
Guru
Jessica_
In response to Sewflake

Sewflake, could you please do Scrapbook.com a favor? Can you please let us know (you can private email Scrapbook.com customer service) at [email protected] and explain to them what you are seeing, and what you computer and browser is (what kind of web-browser are you using, i.e. safari, chrome, firefox, internet explorer, or mobile device)? and maybe send them a screenshot image of what you are seeing? We cannot recreate this issue, and wonder if a select group are experiencing this? thank you so much.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to Jessica_

Hi Jessica, I'm not Sewflake, but it was I who started this thread. I've sent an email to customer service, giving all the information requested. That's interesting that you don't see what I see - I did wonder that, since it seems odd that this should be by design. Thank you for replying!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

Hi, any update on this?

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

Update: email received 22/10/2018 after another chase by email.

"Thank you for contacting us. Your previous email was archived by mistake. I apologize for the error and any inconvenience caused. The site was recently updated and the removal of each product name and description from the New Products page was done intentionally. The change was made to accommodate a cleaner view of each of the products available.

I will pass your feedback along to our site development team for their consideration, as we would like to continue improving your shopping experience. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns and I will be happy to help."

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics