Username Post: Anybody like me?        (Topic#1675183)
dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch

Just took a browse through my card gallery here and I should be shot! I can't believe how many dozens and dozens of times I've used various stamp sets and dies one time, only to put them away afterwards and forget I even have them. And worse yet, I just keep buying and buying and buying! My guess is that I'm not the only one doing this. Sigh!

KatieJo
Governor
KatieJo
In response to dwelch

Yep. Indeed you are not alone. I have dies and stamps that haven’t even been used for their first card yet. I am running out of room in my room, and I can’t seem to stop buying new things either.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to KatieJo

Yep, right there with ya !

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to ChansGram

I have been addicted to and buying stamps for the past year and was having the same issue... buying but not using.

Recently I reorganized my scrap room and made sure they were very easily accessible so that I would use them!
They are literally out in the open near my craft table; no excuses!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Doreena

I too have had stamps that never saw the light of day after one time use! My solution, I gave them away!! Then I had more room to store the new stamps!!
Now I am more careful on what I purchase.

Suncatcher99
Tenant
Suncatcher99
In response to Sewflake

Considering that I recently found some stamp sets at TM that were greatly reduced in price, I will have lots of fun finding uses for them for years to come. No regrets here!

don1
don1 
Pro
don1
  • don1 on 11-02-18 08:15 PM
In response to Suncatcher99

I even have unused duplicates I haven't used. Also dies.

gluemore girl
Pro
gluemore girl
In response to don1

I have a fair collection of stamps that I want to incorporate more into my scrapping (with card making on the side) but I have only done it a handful of times.
It's on my bucket list.
That being said, I did buy a cute little coffee stamp and heart stamp at M's just last week with some idea that I'd use them both.
So, you're not the only one...

I like Doreena's idea to make them more accessible. I did that with my embossing folders and die-cuts. Hoping it works!

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to gluemore girl

As always, Don, you are a hoot! My daughter swears her craft room has been stocked entirely with the duplicates I have bought.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to dwelch

• dwelch Said:
As always, Don, you are a hoot! My daughter swears her craft room has been stocked entirely with the duplicates I have bought.

So funny and more truth than we care to thing about!!

My DIL gets all the duplicates - more so the non-used items I purged. Then I let her sell on ebay when she does not want or does not use.

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
I have been addicted to and buying stamps for the past year and was having the same issue... buying but not using.

Recently I reorganized my scrap room and made sure they were very easily accessible so that I would use them!
They are literally out in the open near my craft table; no excuses!

And, FYI, I used 2 on my most recent layout! One of them had never been used!

Edited by Doreena on 11-04-18 05:28 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

gluemore girl
Pro
gluemore girl
In response to Doreena

Way to go Doreena!
I brought one stamp to my crop yesterday but did not use it. I'll bring it next time and make it happen.

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to gluemore girl

• gluemore girl Said:
Way to go Doreena!
I brought one stamp to my crop yesterday but did not use it. I'll bring it next time and make it happen.

Thanks!

I challenge you to use that stamp at least once by the end of this month!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics