Username Post: Neophyte        (Topic#1675231)
jhk49 
New Kid On the Block
  • jhk49 on 11-20-18 01:39 PM

I need some help from the veteran scrapbook people …. for I am but a lowly neophyte.

My plan is to put together a scrapbook which will include the growing up years for all of my four children. I plan on self-publishing this scrapbook in a notebook form. It will not be a “coffee table” book. I have scanned most of my kids pictures as well as many of their “important” papers such as birth announcements, school play programs, report cards and any newspaper clippings from this small town we had lived in.

For the organization of my photos (that is much more of a job than most people think), it has been recommended to me that I use Adobe Photoshop Elements 2019 software. I can do this …. but that leaves me we with layout, presentation and the artistic portion of the scrapbook. I don’t do those areas well.

This is where I need the help of this forum. Can someone recommend to me a good hardcover “how to” manual for scrapbooking ….. or maybe a book that would provide the basics of organization and layout. I would not be averse to a book which would provide creative scrapbook ideas for significant events.

And lastly, if there is a scrapbook software available that could make this job easier, that would be most appreciated.

Thanks for any help that could be provided for a 69 year old guy who does not have that artistic touch.

JHK49
Leesburg, GA

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to jhk49

Welcome JHK
It sounds like you need the advice of a digital scrapper which I am not but there are a number on this site.
I will send a PM to one that can probably give you information you are looking for.
Her name is Henri Jean on this forum
https://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showuser.php?uid/39268...

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to Sewflake

Hi - Sharon sent me a private message so I would see your post. I'll be happy to help!

I use a program called My Memories - about $29 and I can give you a code to save $10. It is a very easy photoshop-type program but way easier. I taught myself in 4 hours and was making pages.

I just made a book for my mother with all of her family - kids, grands and great grands.

I did use a 12 x 12 format and then had it printed. I have 61 printed books now so I guess I'm a veteral digi-scrapper. Have 1 1/2 more ready to print.

MY memories offers a choice of sizes you want to do so you don't have to do the 12 x 12 or coffee table size - you can also do 8 1/2 x 11 or there are other choices.

Here is my mother's book. If this is kind of what you have in mind, even if not in 12 x 12 - I can still help you get a tood start.

I use PSE2018 for many of my titles and other touches as well as making transparencies or PNG files for embellishments.

Then save in PNG although once the pages are done in My Memories, I save in jpg to download to Shutterfly.

Here is a sample of the book I did for my mom:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZY11m3BrC3U74AcQ6

Look at it and see if this is roughly what you have in mind. If so, I will be happy to help you.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics