Username Post: I hate PP!        (Topic#1675241)
lisymarie
Expert
lisymarie

Back when I first started scrapping, I was cautioned not amass too much pp, to only buy what I needed for pages I had planned. Like most 25 year olds who think they know everything, I didn’t listen. Now, 13 years later, I hate patterned paper!

Okay, I don’t really hate it, but I have a lot of it and I rarely use it. My tastes and habits have changed over the years and I prefer to use cardstock. Back when I made my paper investment, most cardstock was plain or textured and, if you want patterns, it was almost always paper. Now patterned cardstock is readily available, but I can’t justify buying more when I have all this pp just waiting to be used. Oh well, not looking for any solutions, just venting and wondering if I’m the only one?

don1
don1 
Pro
don1
  • don1 on 11-21-18 09:32 PM
In response to lisymarie

If you have omni-directional PP they make great envelopes.
Use them for frames.
Use them to make proto-types.

Vivian Lake
Diva
Vivian Lake
In response to don1

Ha ha! For anyone new I give the same advice. Don't over buy AND avoid the "cheap" stuff. You will spend more money cause you are frustrated with it being so cheap.

It's like a rite of passage, isn't it? For us all to go thru the "I'm old enough and know everything and don't need/want to listen to good advice".

It's a vicious endless cycle.

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl
In response to Vivian Lake

When I started scrapping it was with CM albums which were all plain white, black or Kraft color pages. A few years later, I took a class on how to mix, match and play with pp and I was hooked.
I'm still in love with pp and still buy it but am a bit more choosey?
I also love to use plain cardstock to get a different look to my LO's so I use both.
I do have a box of the less expensive papers that I amassed and passing them on to DD who teaches 2nd graders. Hoping she can use them for art projects.
Vent away! There are many of us that have past purchasing regrets I'm sure

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to gluemore girl

I have had very few regrets on what I buy...I figure I just have not had time enough to use what I have. My DIL enjoys my regrets and give them new life!!!

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to Sewflake

• Sewflake Said:
I have had very few regrets on what I buy...I figure I just have not had time enough to use what I have. My DIL enjoys my regrets and give them new life!!!

"One person's trash is another's Treasure" …

I have few scrapbook purchase regrets, though I have stuff that hasn't seen the light of day because it's no longer the "in thing" like my plastic shoe box full of decorative scissors, LOL
I bet we ALL have those! But I am holding on to them... maybe they'll come back in style

lisymarie
Expert
lisymarie
In response to Doreena

I’m not much of a trend follower, so being I styke doesn’t matter to me. I think someone nailed it with the y’all about frustration with the cheaper feeling papers. I guess if I want to use it up, especially it’s a design I actually like, I can adhere it to cardstock first.

ppilgrim
Idol
ppilgrim
In response to lisymarie

Based on your sb.com join-up date, I'm guessing your stash includes papers from the era I collect from. Seriously, would you consider selling some of it? I'll pm you my "wish list," if you're interested.

Thanks.

notjuststitches
New Kid On the Block
notjuststitches
In response to ppilgrim

Having too many PP or embellishments is like having too much fabric - can't be done.

I will never stop collecting. When I run out of room on my external hard, I will get another external hard drive.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to notjuststitches

notjuiststitches - you mentioned room on your external hard - are you a digital scrapper?

don1
don1 
Pro
don1
  • don1 on 12-12-18 09:52 PM
In response to Henri Jean

I would tell you how many papers and card stock I have, but I can't count that high.
I know I have 6 score boards, 11 trimmers, 36 scissors, 12 craft knives, and 126 punches.

cinderella4282
Guru
cinderella4282
In response to don1

Hahaha....cool to see all the differences. I have thousands of sheets of patterned paper and rarely use card stock. Although I hear you about the “cheap” stuff. Once I got hooked on scrapbooking all the cheap stuff I got at the beginning went to my daughter to start her “stash” - she’s 6.

ppilgrim
Idol
ppilgrim
In response to cinderella4282

Whenever one of my stash-busting friends gives me some of the "cheap stuff," I put it aside to make envelopes with. It's usually one-sided, so the finished envelope looks like an ordinary white one with a patterned liner. It's a great use for the paper and it saves money because I don't have to buy envelopes. I hate paying for stuff that's just going to hit the recycle bin.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics