Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: December Pocket Letter! Closed        (Topic#1675245)
eapipkin
Governor
eapipkin
In response to sroseberry

Hi Suzanne!

I am fine with Christmas! Mine will probably be a combination of Christmas and Winter since that is what we have up here most Christmases!! Will send you a PM with address info!

Nunya
Nunya 
Diva
Nunya
  • Nunya on 12-01-18 01:37 AM
In response to Geraldine Ross

Hello my sweet friends! What's everyone doing today?

I will be shopping and hopefully finish my Christmas list. We have to go by the grocery to get a few things. Then DS is coming over to help DH get the Christmas tubs down from the attic.

For some reason Karley has another game tonight. Of course we will be there!

BBL

Jess E
Jess E 
Guru
Jess E

Thanks Gerry, I think that's what I'll do then.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Jess E

Morning!

We are going out to lunch with friends and then getting our Christmas tubs down from the attic.

Happy day to all!

Dawna.s Place
Governor
Dawna.s Place
In response to bonprof

Good Morning,

Jess I have wrapped boxes with Kraft paper and taped them up with clear tape and they ship just fine. Just don't tie any string around it, that's what won't fly.

Today is my dinner party. Looking forward to seeing my friends and spoiling them tonight. Have some last minute cleaning and shopping to get done. Then I'll be all set.

Finished designing my daughter's jewelry box, looks like its going to come together beautifully. Still need to finish painting the box, then I can embellish.

eapipkin
Governor
eapipkin
In response to Dawna.s Place

I have also wrapped boxes in the heavy kraft paper to mail. No strings, just packaging tape.

I am doing laundry today...a Saturday usual! I got a call this morning as I was eating breakfast from my youngest brother, who is 3 years older than me. What a wonderful surprise!! It was so good to talk to him. I have been so lonely for my siblings this year, especially around the holidays. He said he'd been thinking about me and decided to call. We talked for at least 45 minutes!! Such a blessing. I love all of my siblings, but I guess I'm closest to him.

Yesterday, I finished organizing all the laces that Laura sent me. I diecut several spools to put them on. They are now in their own clear plastic shoebox and I have a good selection for flower making!!!

I can hardly wait to see your beauties that you've made, Dawna!

I think my Christmas shopping is about done. Husband and I ordered a few more things from Amazon this morning. I already know what he's getting me since I had to pick out what I wanted and place the orders!! LOL I miss the days when he didn't mind going shopping and picking stuff out for me. Not it feels like I'm cheating!

This afternoon I will probably work on my second pocket letter for Reneabouquets GDT. I finished my first one and have the post all ready to go next Wednesday. Renea loves the PL and said my post is good to go! That's a relief! I started on the second one yesterday.

I hope everyone has a great Saturday!!

Dawna.s Place
Governor
Dawna.s Place
In response to eapipkin

Elizabeth how wonderful to talk with your brother! Family is priceless!

FYI the Dec Gift Giving Challenge is open, and just want to say Congrats to Robin for winning last months gift certificate! Here's the link, remember to favorite it so you can find later in the month when you post! https://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/1675...

Time to get busy...

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

I have some projects to work on for family but hope to work on this tonight. Have a great Saturday!!

Nunya
Nunya 
Diva
Nunya
  • Nunya on 12-01-18 12:53 PM
In response to cdjohnson

We are getting our Christmas tree put up.

Dawna have fun at your party!

Elizabeth-Love that you and your brother are so close along with your other siblings!

Cheryl-Have a great evening!

Dawna.s Place
Governor
Dawna.s Place
In response to Nunya

Taking a break between last minute preparations! Darlene and I are going to do a Christmas theme PL! Yeah!!! Ho, ho, ho...lol

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

I started Gerry’s letter this morning.
Excited!
And we had lunch with friends.
Very nice. Tired now.

I am just getting started on my Christmas shopping.
It’s been hard with all my doctors appointments and radiation treatment. I’ll get caught up this week.
Our family is very small so it won’t be bad.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to bonprof

Elizabeth,
So happy that you’re connected to your siblings.
Im an only child. I got a little lonely sometimes.
I consider all of you as my sisters.

Nunya
Nunya 
Diva
Nunya
  • Nunya on 12-01-18 02:50 PM
In response to bonprof

I'm taking a break from the decorating. I found a bunch of goodies ornaments I got last year on clearance at Pier one and TJ Maxx. I'm making a pile to give to someone. Started to get a little anxiety so I stopped.

I have all my cards made out! Yay!

The best present I got from my husband was 14k gold Black Hills Gold earrings. They have pink and green gold leaves on the ball and they are lever back. I wear them all the time. I told him I wanted them, not expecting he would get them.

Donna-how sweet you are. I feel the same way about you also!

Jess E
Jess E 
Guru
Jess E
In response to Nunya

I just want to bang my head on a wall! You know how the Wed before Thanksgiving, I got up early, and went to JoAnn's by 6 am, and bought a Singer machine for 40% off? Well, with that sale, I paid $107 + tax....guess what?
It's only $99 at Walmart every day! UGH..... I thought I was getting such a good deal...... oh well, I loved all my other shopping I did that am, but it's just the point. I'm never in WM's sewing dept, so I didn't know they even had the same machine.

I went out today, picked up some really pretty sequin mixes at Tuesday Morning, and that's all I got from there, some more Christmas jewelry 60% off at JoAnn's, and at Michael's, scored some 70% off sales on Christmas items there. It's crazy now that it's Dec and shopping on the weekend isn't nearly as fun.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Jess E

well it snow here today yuck. I had to run some earns around.

Nunya
Nunya 
Diva
Nunya
  • Nunya on 12-01-18 06:24 PM
In response to southern lady

I have been wrapping presents. I opened a new roll that felt like wallpaper. It's a pretty plaid design. Well I have a ton of tape on it and had to put ribbon around it so it won't open because it's like real wallpaper. The tape doesn't want to stick! LOL!

Jess-I've done that before. It's aggravating!

Danielle- I want it to snow on Christmas Eve then I'm want to be done with the snow!

Edited by Nunya on 12-01-18 06:58 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Geraldine Ross
Pro
Geraldine Ross
In response to Nunya

Decorating for Christmas tomorrow, want to jazz up the staircase and put up the Christmas tree in the loft. It can be seen from the family room below. We already decorated the front of the house.

Have to finish my Christmas Cards and excited about creating my P/L for my sweet partner Donna. I have lots of cool ideas dancing around in my head.

I love the Holidays such a happy time of year.

Rebecca, your husband is a keeper. I love Black Hills gold jewelry, it is so striking looking. I have a few pieces my honey bought me years ago and I cherish them.

It has been raining and sleeting all day today, very windy 35 to 40 mile an hour. It is suppose to change to snow overnight and snow tomorrow.

Check in tomorrow my friends, sleep sound.

Edited by Geraldine Ross on 12-01-18 08:39 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Did not get to start on this yet.

Nunya
Nunya 
Diva
Nunya
  • Nunya on 12-02-18 03:34 AM
In response to cdjohnson

I hope to get the rest of the ornaments on the tree today and the mantle decorated.

Gerry be careful! Yes DH is a keeper. Woman always remember who gave them what piece of jewelry.

Jess E
Jess E 
Guru
Jess E
In response to Nunya

Cheryl, I haven't either, but am working on a few more tiered boxes for my grandson, and hubby's daughter/family.

I'm going out to see my grandson today, so am hoping I don't run into icy roads along the way. it's not here, but it's an hour's drive there, so who knows!

I'll be starting on this soon though, and bought some red and green beads for Christmas colors yesterday. I'm digging adding bead dangles to things now.

Nunya
Nunya 
Diva
Nunya
  • Nunya on 12-02-18 08:28 AM
In response to Jess E

Jess have fun visiting with your grandson!

The house is decorated for Christmas! Yay!

Dawna.s Place
Governor
Dawna.s Place
In response to Nunya

Good Morning,

Rebecca yeah, the cards are done and the decorating is done. I'll bet your house is beautiful! I love when my DH buys me jewelry. I remember every piece he gave me. I got a roll of paper that was so thick I had to use shipping tape on it to keep it together! Its was a heavy Kraft and it gave me a run for my money!

Donna wow you're fast, you already started your PL! Have fun doing your Christmas shopping. We all share a special sisterhood!

Jess enjoy visiting with your grandson today!

Danielle stay safe and warm while your out and about!

Gerry I love the holidays too, it is a happy time of year. Enjoy finishing up your decorations and stay safe and warm from the snow storm.

Cheryl I hope to get started on mine this evening.

Well last nights dinner party was excellent! I decided not to cook but rather try a local Italian restraint's menu. Its was fantastico!!! Wine, good food, great friends. Good time had by all! Need to finish cleaning the kitchen up, and the day belongs to me.

Have a happy Sunday everyone!

Jess E
Jess E 
Guru
Jess E

My husband doesn't buy me fine jewelry, because he says I lose earrings from the regular store bought stuff, that I have occasionally, ususally with help from a cat. He thinks that would carry over to more expensive items, which it wouldn't because I have a nice jewelry hutch. Now, when my sister visits from out west and we go shopping at a local store, we usually have fun. I'm a silver girl, which is cheaper than gold, so it's usually not too bad. I love my amethyst birthstone jewelry, for sure!

Just got home from visiting my little guy. He's all stuffed up and has red eyes. My daughter thinks it may be the real tree they put up yesterday, unless it's coincidence.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Jess E

Just got home from getting my nails done.
They’re painted Santa Claus Red.

Rebecca, you inspire me!
I’ll bet all of decorations look beautiful.
Our tubs are waiting for us..
Lots of Christmas stuff.

It’s been fun working on Gerry’s pl.
I had made a kit up of pink Christmas..
So everything was there.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to bonprof

Dawna,
So glad you enjoyed your party.

Jess, your little guy is your grandson?
Hope he feels better soon.

Im in my recliner; might take a nap...

Bbl

Nunya
Nunya 
Diva
Nunya
  • Nunya on 12-02-18 02:57 PM
In response to bonprof

It took us a little longer to decorate because I was making a pile to give away. I want the decorations to be stored in the house not the attic anymore. We made room. I ended up having a big bag of goodies I'm giving to someone!

Dawna-I'm still fighting the roll of paper. It's almost gone though! I love long necklaces also!

Jess- I hope baby gets to feeling better! My DD loves silver also! One year I bought her and Karley a Black hills gold necklace with a baby ring charm on it that she wears. Of course I got one too!

Donna-Those tubs are never ending aren't they? I do love Christmas!

Jess E
Jess E 
Guru
Jess E
In response to Nunya

I got our tree up and decorated this afternoon. There's nothing more pretty than white lights on at night. I know some prefer the colored lights, but I like the white.

I'm binge watching some December Daily videos right now....is anyone doing one? I'd love to, but never prepare ahead of time!

Dawna.s Place
Governor
Dawna.s Place
In response to Jess E

Good evening,

I worked on my grandsons boxes today. All done, I think! Nice quiet day, dishes all done. Game on the TV all day, go Rams! DH having a much needed rest in his recliner.

Started on designing my PL this evening. Ideas are rolling around, brewing, perking....bbl

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

Jess,
Im doing s December daily!!
It’s my 2nd time doing one.
Im using a combination of all my Christmas supplies.

LauralsAttic
Governor
LauralsAttic
In response to bonprof

Hello everyone. Been stuck in for a few days now so been sitting down crafting some flowers and binge watching Hallmark movies. Last Sunday I had a bad fall on SIL's concrete floor and messed up my knee! It swelled, turned Black and too painful to do much. So been staying off it. Went to get x-ray on Thursday. Turns out its all good. Just a hairline fracture. Just told it would heal on its own but take it easy on it so I get to NOT drive! YEAH! Not mop, vacuum, etc....DD helping out! But I can be lazy(which is really hard for me) and craft in my chair. Limited but making a few things. Have picked out pps and stuff for Cheryl's PL! Hope to start on it Tuesday or Wed! We are sticking with the theme of Winter or Christmas but surprising each other on what we do! Going to be fun! Well I wanted to check in and try to catch up on gallery love. nite all!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to LauralsAttic

I have ideas running through my head for Laura’s PL. I hope to start on it tomorrow night

eapipkin
Governor
eapipkin

Suzanne told me she's finished my pocket letter already and sending it tomorrow! She's a whiz! I have finished hers also but won't get it out for a few days. Gotta gather some goodies and write my letter to send with it.

Jess, you can always return that sewing machine and get the one at Walmart!

Jess E
Jess E 
Guru
Jess E
In response to eapipkin

Elizabeth, I think the numbers are different, but it looks like the same pic.... I'll have to check again when I'm there. It's only $8 plux tax.

Donna, are you using only scrapbooking paper, or the designer paper, or did you tea or coffee stain copy paper for it? How big is your DD?

Nunya
Nunya 
Diva
Nunya
  • Nunya on 12-03-18 03:36 AM
In response to Jess E

Good Morning Ladies!
I am busy. I will check in after work!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Nunya

hello and good morning

jess- I hope baby gets to feeling better. I do a December daily every year. I think this year one will be good seen we going on little vacation to see family.

we didn't put are tree up this year. we not going to be here for Christmas and I don't have a place for it now seen fil is here and had to move one of my chairs out the way for his and where I put the tree at there no room for it. we have a fake Christmas tree seen I can't real have a real one. but I have my Christmas village out that my aunt always buys me for Christmas.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

Jess,
My album is 6 x 8.
Black and red plaid.
Using scrapbook paper and craft paper for the dividers.

At a doctors appointment.
Will do a little Christmas shopping afterwards.

Dawna.s Place
Governor
Dawna.s Place

Good Morning,

Beautiful day out today. I started working on Darlene's PL last night, not sure about the paper collection. I may scratch it and start over. I've got to head over to Michael's today and thought I would check up on how the construction of our Tuesday Mornings is coming along.

I'm done with the boys boxes, at least I think I am. I want to get one more velvet paper to do the lining in Cade's then I'll be ready to make them a Christmas Card and wrap them up. Oh yeah, take a pic to post first! I think I can do that today. Will post later.

I need to go shopping for the rest of my gift giving list. Then get to wrapping. I feel ready early this year, and it feels great!

Happy Monday everyone!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to bonprof

Danielle,
Sounds like you have a nice holiday planned!

eapipkin
Governor
eapipkin
In response to bonprof

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to eapipkin

Gerry,
I finished your letter.
I did something completely different than originally planned.
Hope you will like it.

Going to post office tomorrow
Or Wednesday.

Nunya
Nunya 
Diva
Nunya
  • Nunya on 12-03-18 02:44 PM
In response to bonprof

Hi Everyone! I had to stop by the Dollar tree to get candy for the gingerbread houses that we are going to make at Christmas party at work. I've never bought so much candy in my life!

I'm excited to see the PL's when they start coming in!

We are so busy at work it's crazy! It's just part of it.

It was sleeting out!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Nunya

I think I know what papers I am going to use for Laura’s PL. I am going to work on it tonight.

Geraldine Ross
Pro
Geraldine Ross
In response to cdjohnson

Donna, I am so excited about my December P/L you made for me. You do such an amazing artistic creation every time. I will be working on your P/L tomorrow, so happy to get started lots of ideas.

Rebecca sweet girl please be careful sleet is very dangerous when it freezes. Winter is a time to slow down and be extra careful.

For Christmas my husband took me to our furniture store today and bought me two bed side tables. They are really
Beautiful, years ago Jean bought me for my birthday a gorgeous cedar chest, he has great taste.

Stay warm and sleep well.

Edited by Geraldine Ross on 12-03-18 06:46 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Nunya
Nunya 
Diva
Nunya
  • Nunya on 12-04-18 03:34 AM

Hello Everyone!

Gerry-Thank You Gerry. I will be careful! It's the others I have to worry about!

Donna-I'm sure your PL is beautiful!

I will talk to everyone later!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Nunya

I am almost done with make my pocket letter now I just need to put the stuff in it.

Dawna.s Place
Governor
Dawna.s Place

Good Morning,

I scraped my first PL attempt, just wasn't feeling it. The second attempt is much better, but I think its a bit more wintry than Christmas. I hope Darlene doesn't mind.

Gerry congrats on the new end tables, how nice! We got furniture yesterday too, a gently used media cabinet for our new TV. My grandson is coming to help us install it tomorrow. I'm so excited to be getting rid of our old projection, although its been a great set.

Donna and Danielle you gals are fast!!!

Rebecca be safe and warm, especially out driving!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

Dawna,
I am a fast scrapper for some reason.
Once the inspiration hits, I go for it.

Did everyone read where the post offices will be closed tomorrow?? In honor of George Bush Sr.

LauralsAttic
Governor
LauralsAttic
In response to bonprof

Donna me too if I have inspiration! I had it today and started and finished Cheryl's PL! It is snowing here today so I still have to take pics and gather goodies but should be postal by Friday! Hope everyone is enjoying the most wonderful time of the year!!!!!!!! Hugs!

Nunya
Nunya 
Diva
Nunya
  • Nunya on 12-04-18 02:43 PM

I come home from work and reading everyone's comments puts a smile on my face! All you ladies are so sweet.

Donna- I saw that about the post office. The stock market will be closed also.

Dawna-Thank You I will be careful!

Laura-you started a PL and finished it the same day? I'm jelly. I've done 5 pockets in 1 day. It felt good and I was having a blast!

I have to get a couple of things done! I'll be back later.

Jess E
Jess E 
Guru
Jess E
In response to Nunya

Nothing much to report here, for a change!

We had our work Christmas party at a bowling alley this afternoon, and I had played 3 games, with teams of 4. We all had a good time, and it was fun playing against others you work with.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Jess E

Good evening!! Today is DH’s birthday. I brought home food from his favorite steak place. He did not feel like going out.

Geraldine Ross
Pro
Geraldine Ross
In response to cdjohnson

Had a fun day creating my P/L for my partner Donna it is so great knowing I am 3/4 done but want to make sure I added the perfect amount of embellishments. I also have to finish getting the goodies ready to ship.

I created another Christmas Card today, I posted it on my gallery. I have about eight more cards to make. I only send homemade cards to close friends, and send others store bought Christmas Cards.

It is very cold and damp, been snowing on and off have not seen the sun for the last five days. I feel so bad for the people in the states that are getting storms and tournedos. I pray for the people in and near Ankorage Alaska from the terrible earth quake.

I am sitting in my recliner just chilling with my husband, dog, and cat, by the fireplace under our throw blankets. Nothing more wonderful in my world just snuggling with my family.

See you tomorrow, sleep tight.

Jess E
Jess E 
Guru
Jess E

that sounds wonderful Gerry! My perfect environment too. Talking about no sun...... I could probably tell you I've seen the sun "Maybe" 5 or 6 times, since early Oct! NO kidding either. It rained nearly every day in Oct, much of Nov, or has been overcast with no sun at all. I do miss it in winter!

I'm getting out of wk early today, as hubby, his best friend and I are going to a Dave Mathews concert in Albany tonight, will get home around 1 am, and then back up at 5 to go to wk. I told the Dr I'm working with, that I may be pretty useless, lol, tomorrow.

Nunya
Nunya 
Diva
Nunya
  • Nunya on 12-05-18 03:41 AM
In response to Jess E

Hello Ladies!
I fell asleep in the chair last night. I hate when I do that.

Dave Mathews? Sounds like a fun night Jess. A couple of years ago he was here in concert. He was out riding his bike and got a flat tire. Two concert goers saw him and picked him up and took him to the concert! They got front row seats and were called on stage. That would have been fun!

Cheryl-Belated Happy Birthday to your DH.

Gerry-There's nothing better than being at home with DH and animals staying warm.

Donna-each day you are getting closer to being done with the treatments. Yay!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Nunya

Morning,

Going Christmas shopping today.
Buying for my little grandson who loves Legos.
It’s raining today. Love the fresh air.

Cheryl,
Hope hubby enjoyed his birthday.

Dawna.s Place
Governor
Dawna.s Place
In response to bonprof

My grandson is here helping DH put up the new TV. Yeah! So far so good! WE'll see if it all works in a little while.

Gerry you sound all snugly in your comfy chair. Raining here, just lightly though. I really miss my fireplace!

Jess have fun at Dave Matthews Band concert!

Donna enjoy shopping!

I'm done with my PL. Its needs to rest, before I make up my mind that it doesn't need anything else. I can't find the lace I wanted for it. Need to keep looking...I'm sure its here somewhere.

Jess E
Jess E 
Guru
Jess E

Shopped at Tuesday Morning and got some more Authentique winter collections! They're so pretty! I'll try to link them tomorrow, since we're leaving in a few minutes.

My "guy friend" TM employee saw me come in the store, comes up to me and says you want to go through the cart? I haven't put anything on the shelves yet, and I said sure. He brings me the full cart, and an empty so I can move stuff around. Let me tell you, our store got a TON of Spectrum Noir 24 packs of the markers and a bunch of their white paper pads too, So I got first dibs on all paper crafting, took what I wanted and put all of the papercrafting items on their hooks, so I put it all away for them. I don't know what they were going to do with all the yarn and all of the SN marker boxes...they didn't have room! I left that for them to put away, and he was really appreciative!

Nunya
Nunya 
Diva
Nunya
  • Nunya on 12-05-18 02:37 PM
In response to Jess E

How did the shopping go Donna?

Dawna let us know if the TV works!

Jess you are lucky they let you go through iems! That's fun.

We got some snow today. We will get more tomorrow.

LauralsAttic
Governor
LauralsAttic
In response to Nunya

Wow Jess what luck you always have at shopping!
Donna so glad to see you are getting out for the holiday shopping!
Dawna do you have a fire distinguisher handy just in case? LOL!
Rebecca I did that today. Just sat down and next thing you know it was 2 hours later! Guessing I was tired. Or the weather. Snowed yesterday, sunny today, snow and ice tomorrow. Its been a roller coaster!
Looking forward to seeing all the PL's start to roll in! Took pics today so going postal on Friday when I know the roads will be cleared.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

Lol.
It was a rainy day so I put off shopping until tomorrow.
Im just going to Target.
And Im mailing 4 swaps including Gerry’s pl.
I had a cozy day and then went to radiation.
8 sessions left!!

Everyone be careful in the ice and snow.
Love you all.

Edited by bonprof on 12-05-18 04:43 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

sroseberry
Veteran
sroseberry
In response to bonprof

Hi! Hope everyone is good! Hey, Donna, I'm an only child, too. My 3rd grade class is pretty silly. They are so excited for Santa, it shows! Maybe because I'm older, but man they wear me out this time of year. Elf on the Shelf only comes out the last few days because they don't handle it too well. Lol

eapipkin
Governor
eapipkin

I got all of Suzanne's goodies together today. Still need to write the letter so I can get it sent off tomorrow or Friday.

I've been so out of touch, I didn't know about the P.O. being closed today but that would explain why we didn't get any mail! I am grateful they did that though in honor of George Bush. I posted 4 pictures together a few days ago of him as a very young man, approximately 18 years old, along with three pictures of my youngest son, Dan. They could have passed for twins. It is very uncanny!!

Tomorrow is grocery shopping day. Friday morning I'm taking my best friend to her Dr. appointment. Should be fun getting together.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to eapipkin

I have Zoey and Zeke tonight and tomorrow night. I will finish up Laura’s PL this weekend.

Geraldine Ross
Pro
Geraldine Ross
In response to eapipkin

Jess, I hope you and hubby have a great time at the concert in Albany. Do you live near Albany, NY or do you have a long drive? Please be careful at work since you will be tired from little sleep.

Oh Jess, by the way will you take me shopping with you, you have more luck getting great deals.

Rebecca, listen to your body, when you are tired taking a power nap is good for you Hon.

Donna, I am so happy you only have eight sessions left. You impress me my friend, you really do.

I have Donna's P/L all done and also the goodies to go with. I will be mailing on Monday it is better then at the end of a week. Our mail service is delivered by horse and buggy.

Have a good day tomorrow stay safe. Hugs and more Hugs, Gerry.

Jess E
Jess E 
Guru
Jess E

Gerry, we live about 1 hr and 45 minutes away from Albany. The concert was uncomfortably and obnoxiously loud. I'm wondering if it was because we were so high up, and even with the huge ceiling speakers that were on the other end of the arena. The music was reverberating up at our level. Our friend actually bought all of our tickets, and I would have muddled through it, but he actually suggested leaving early, which we were all for, so we left at 10, and home in bed by midnight! It might have been much better at an outdoor venue, which is where Dave Matthews normally plays, during the summer months.
there was enough pot or synthetic pot smoking around us too, unfortunately. I was surprised at the nerve people had, at an indoor concert.

Nunya
Nunya 
Diva
Nunya
  • Nunya on 12-06-18 03:26 AM
In response to Jess E

Hello sweet ladies!
Today is our Christmas party at work. We are going to a hotel to eat and give away prizes. I'll let you know if I win anything! Lol.

Elizabeth you are so sweet taking your bestie to the Dr.

Jess-Sorry about the concert!

Gerry-You are so sweet. Thank You for taking care of me.

Laura-You must have needed rest also.

Donna-Happy shopping today!

Suzanne-I bet you are wore out!

Cheryl-Enjoy those sweeties!

Dawna.s Place
Governor
Dawna.s Place
In response to Nunya

Good Morning,

Raining here today! Got the new TV in, we had to call out the Dish tech, turns out we were missing a cable. All it good and now I'm ready to go Christmas tree shopping!

Jess the Authentique paper you picked up is any of it their pink Christmas line? If so can you give me the name. So sorry the concert was a disappointment.

Rebecca have fun at the office party today!

Laura you're funny! lol Your weather has been crazy, stay safe and warm my firmed!

Donna its raining again today. Be safe out there if you go shopping today! So glad you've only got 8 treatments left. Thoughts and prayers that you finish strong.

Susanne what is an Elf on the Shelf? I hope the kids are good for you this week.

Elizabeth that is uncanny!

Cheryl have fun with the grand kids!

Its rainy today, thinking I'd like to get a little shopping done today myself. Still have a few gifts to go. My PL is still resting, think I want to add a few more items to it.

Stay safe and warm today everyone! Love & Hugs to all!!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

Morning,

Got all my errands done before the rain came pouring down!!
Now there will be mudslides in the burn areas.

Gerry, your pocket letter is postal.
Thank you for your sweet comments.
I think you’re very special too!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to bonprof

Just quickly checking in before the kiddos get here. I plan to mail Laura’s on Monday

Nunya
Nunya 
Diva
Nunya
  • Nunya on 12-06-18 02:25 PM
In response to bonprof

We had a blast at the party! I knew I was going to win! I won the top prize A visa gift card, Yay for me. It snowed. It was snowing last year at our party also!

Dawna-Glad you got your new TV up and running! Yay! Fun times ahead for you!

Donna-Glad you got everything done before it rained!

I'm going to wrap a few gifts tonight.

Jess E
Jess E 
Guru
Jess E
In response to Nunya

Congrats for you Rebecca! So happy you won a fun thing....now go spend it on yourself!

Jess E
Jess E 
Guru
Jess E
In response to Jess E

Dawna, remember you asked me what paper I made my flip card or envelope? It is from the Authentique Christmas essentials pad, which is a mix of different collections. The paper I used specifically is Vintage classic five, found on the Authentique page here: It's discontinued though.... http://authentiquepaper.com/products/Vintage%20Ch ristma...
(I also have the Vintage Christmas pad, which is in the bottom row of that link- and also discontinued)

I did buy it from Tues Morn a few months ago. I always try to scoop up any Authentique paper I can get my hands on, as long as I'll use it!

I bought a 6x6 of Auth. solitude paper pad like this..... http://authentiquepaper.com/products/Solitude
And 12x12 Auth Alpine solitude (which is the Solitude collection plus 3 additional Alpine collection papers/diecuts and the stickers) https://www.amazon.com/Authentique-Paper-Sol itude-12x12...

the third paper I bought was a 12x12 Auth. Frosted https://www.amazon.com/Authentique-Paper-Fro sted-Collec...

Edited by Jess E on 12-06-18 06:00 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Nunya
Nunya 
Diva
Nunya
  • Nunya on 12-07-18 01:17 AM
In response to Jess E

How is everyone? I'm glad it's Friday. Karley has a Christmas choir concert tonight. I'm excited about it!

Jess-I will spend the visa card on myself. That will be fun!

Jess E
Jess E 
Guru
Jess E
In response to Nunya

So ready for it to be Friday today! Hubby has to wk a double shift this evening into the overnight, will sleep in the am, and then back to wk for eve shifts for the weekend, which means I get to craft!

I feel guilty going upstairs into my craft room on eves that he's off, or even if he's off multiple days in a row, so kind of look forward to time when I can get in there, and he's working. I need to get my cards out too.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Jess E

Morning,
Today is a big day.
Going to doctor for check up and get a back to work note.
I’ve been off work since 4/17.

Hope everyone has a great day.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to bonprof

hello there

Jess I just sent your pocket letter today. well later tonight my husband work that the husband the own the company there wife's have a craft thing where they have a few things that you can make you pick out and make it. I am going to it I didn't get to go to the one in November because I was at a reaerate. so I take a pic of what I make.

hope everyone has a nice Friday

Nunya
Nunya 
Diva
Nunya
  • Nunya on 12-07-18 02:20 PM

Hello
Jess I understand you not wanting to craft when he's home in the evenings. My hubby sits in the loft right outside my studio when I craft. So we can talk if we want to. The loft is his favorite room.

Donna-Yes today is big alright! Let us know how it goes. So excited.

Danielle-Yes go and have fun! I look forward to seeing what you make!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Nunya

Rebecca,
Everything went well.
Im going back to work 1/7/19.
I have missed my students so much.

Glad you had fun at the party!!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to bonprof

Rebecca - How much was on the gift card? Since it was a top prize, I am thinking at least $100.

Jess - Have fun crafting!!

I will be shopping and crafting tomorrow.

Caletts
Idol
Caletts
In response to cdjohnson

Just stopping in for a visit.

Jess it sounds like you have a part-time job at TM...you should ask for the employee discount. Even better deals on your craft supplies.

I went to the post office yesterday and mailed out all my holiday packages. Boy is that a relief. You should have seen the line. I think I was 30th deep. It moved fast though and the employees at my PO are great. Always friendly and helpful. They even looked up a zip code for me.

I put all my Christmas papers away today. I'm ready to start a new project. What to work on next? My craft room could use a good purge and reorganization. I think I'll wait until January for that project.

Happy crafting my friends.

Caletts
Idol
Caletts
In response to Caletts

Donna wonderful news! So happy for you.

Geraldine Ross
Pro
Geraldine Ross
In response to cdjohnson

Donna I am so happy you got a good report from your doctor. You will be with the kids real soon.

Dawna, Elf on the Shelf is a Christmas thing you do with your kids a week before Christmas. There is a cute stuffed elf that you put somewhere in a different spot in the house or just one room at nite when the kids are asleep. The elf leaves the kids a small gift each nite for each kid. The kids have to find where the elf moved at nite. You do the same thing each nite until Christmas Eve. My daughter does the Elf on the Shelf with my three Grand Children, they love it.

Jess, sorry the concert was a bust, no way can you enjoy the music when it is so terribly loud. I think an outside concert is the smartest way to go. I also have my Christmas cards to finish and send out, time is starting to run out.

Have a wonderful weekend my great friends.

Edited by Geraldine Ross on 12-07-18 05:44 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

sroseberry
Veteran
sroseberry

Donna, this is great news!!!!!!!!! Will you be back at the same school you were before?

I seriously do not remember my little students being this wild in the past. 8 more days of school before vacation.

Hope everyone is doing well and good. xox

Nunya
Nunya 
Diva
Nunya
  • Nunya on 12-07-18 06:41 PM

Oh Donna I'm so happy for you! Yay! You will be with your students soon. I know you have missed them!

Cheryl-The Visa gift card is for $100.00. According to legal we cannot spend more than that on any gift! There were 2 small TV's, 2 $50 Visa cards, 4 $25 visa cards. There were 4 sets of Indiana Pacer tickets, movie gift cards, zoo passes, an insta pot, and ear beats and more. Plus everyone got a $5 gift card to Target, Meijer, Kroger or Speedway. I got the speedway.

Hi Carri. Glad you got your packages mailed!

Gerry you have a wonderful weekend!

sroseberry
Veteran
sroseberry
In response to Nunya

The December PL I made for my partner. xoxo

https://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/1318527/vie w/624892...

eapipkin
Governor
eapipkin

Happy Saturday gals. I got Suzanne's PL mailed yesterday!

Donna, so happy for you going back to work next month! That's wonderful news for you.

Jess, you are the best enabler!! Lol Glad you get to craft this weekend.

I got a birthday card made a couple of days ago and also made a chunky charms purse decoration for my best friend. It can be clipped to a key chain or whatever she wants to put it on. It also can be clipped on a chain for a necklace. I am making one for my sister and sis-in-law also. Will post pictures as I have time.

Gotta get busy fixing breakfast. BBL

Dawna.s Place
Governor
Dawna.s Place
In response to eapipkin

Good Morning,

Donna congrats on the good news!!! Only 7 more to go! Prayers that you finish strong.

Jess, thanks for all the links, I found what I was looking for.

Congrats on the gift card Rebecca! How fun, a shopping spree!!!

Susanne your PL came out darling!

Elizabeth would love to see your chunky charms!

Gerry I can't believe there's a whole Christmas tradition out there that I never heard about! Elf on the Shelf sounds like a lot of fun for the kids. We used to put cookies and milk out, then take flour and stamp out Santa's foot prints from the fireplace! lol The kids went bonkers!

I forgot what else I wanted to say...geez, more coffee!

Nunya
Nunya 
Diva
Nunya
  • Nunya on 12-08-18 10:21 AM

Hello!

We started our shopping early this morning. I'm almost there. Need to get my darling Karley a couple more things. I was in TJ Maxx and found the banks that count the money as you put it in! Yay! I got one for Declan and Jeremy. Jeremy is my DS and if I called him and said I need $50.00 in change he'd have it! Lol.

Elizabeth I would love to see your chunky charms also. They sound cool.

Dawna-Thank You! After I won the gift card no one at work congratulated me! A couple of girls said something nrgative. I responded with "jealous much?" One girl said no I'm not jealous. I then said well baby girl you are! Everyone laughed. I will go shopping after Christmas and get the bargains! Or if I see some before I'll buy something.

Edited by Nunya on 12-08-18 01:22 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Nunya

hello there

had a nice time at my craft class last night it was fun. I have to take a pic of what I made.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

Suzanne,
Im going back to my old school as far as I know..

Thank you everyone for the good wishes.

Having a relaxing day. We are ordering Mexican take out tonight.
I like cooking, but it’s nice to have a break.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to bonprof

I love that Elf on the shelf idea!!
Whoever thought that up is a genius!!

Rebecca, your grandkids are going to love their gifts!

Nunya
Nunya 
Diva
Nunya
  • Nunya on 12-08-18 01:35 PM
In response to bonprof

Tomorrow we are going to celebrate Karley's birthday! Her 16th birthday is on the 11th. When did my baby girl grow up? Wah!

We decided on finger food for Christmas! I did that years ago and everyone loved it!

Danielle-I'm glad you had fun last night. Can't wait to see what you made.

Donna-Aww you are so sweet. Thomas always tells me that I buy the best gifts.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Nunya

Good evening!! I finished all my shopping today. Heading to my scrap room shortly to work on some things.

Geraldine Ross
Pro
Geraldine Ross
In response to Nunya

Rebecca, congrats on winning the $100.00, the girls in your office sound like real winners. They need to grow up for sure.

I will be mailing out Donna's P/L on Monday it is all done.
I hope you like it Donna.

I have seven more homeade Christmas Cards to create and mail.

See you tomorrow, happy Sunday.

Nunya
Nunya 
Diva
Nunya
  • Nunya on 12-08-18 05:56 PM

I'm being slow about wrapping. I don't care though. I put ribbon and bows on all the presents. I found the cutest tags I forgot about. All I know is I have enough tags for awhile.

Gerry-I'm still trying to figure them out. Thank You sweet one. I will watch every penny I have on the gift card and spend it wisely.
Your cards are beautiful!

Cheryl-I'm glad you have your shopping done! Yay for you!

Jess E
Jess E 
Guru
Jess E
In response to Nunya

Well, I didn't do an ounce of crafting today, but I did change out our very old router (17 yrs old), thanks to YouTube, and then installed our new all-in-one computer, replacing a 10 yr old desktop! All of my pictures on the external hardrive though are not transferable, probably because of the age of the technology. FAT32 storage has to be converted to something else that's newer in the computer, and I am not that techy, so will probably need help from the Geek Squad with that. Anyway, now I can download and buy printables, more than just pinterest images, since I have lots of storage again! I'm contemplating a new printer, but just recently replaced the ink tanks, so will at least use all the ink up. It's a wired one too, and most now are wireless.

I do plan on getting to some crafting tomorrow, and also want to download fonts again, as well as maybe a new version of Photoshop elements. I was still working on PSE6, and version 19 is out now!

Nunya
Nunya 
Diva
Nunya
  • Nunya on 12-09-18 04:30 AM
In response to Jess E

How is everyone this fine morning?

Jess-You have been busy. I hope you get in your studio today.

I will be very busy today. I'l bbl.

Jess E
Jess E 
Guru
Jess E
In response to Nunya

I'm missing the interaction here! Everyone must be busy, and it's the only thread still active..... Have to do some cooking this am, and then crafting. I know what I'm going to do for Danielle's PL finally....so many paper choices, but it's going to be vintage Christmas themed.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Jess E

hello there good morning

well today I am baking cookies . my husband going to work on my grandma gift that I am make for here. I am all done Christmas shopping here and I got everything wrap and ready to go on are trip. tomorrow is my younger dog birthday and on the 13 is my husband birthday and I made his card already. I have to bake him his cake later on.

hope everyone has a nice sunday

Dawna.s Place
Governor
Dawna.s Place

Good Sunday Morning,

I'm hoping to get out and pick up my Christmas tree today. I finished my pals PL, had to add a few more items to it! Well I think its done, better take a pic to be sure! lol

Presents are piling up and I need to clear the decks to start wrapping.

Oh, I was having trouble finding a topper for my adopted grandson's keepsake box. OMGosh, I just found a crow skull to mix with my resin wings, its going to look super cool, he's 20 years old so Josh will love it! Now I'm excited to finish his! Still need to finish Ashley's jewelry box too. Hum, gee I hope time isn't getting away from me.

bbl...

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics