Username Post: December’s New Layouts and Cards        (Topic#1675285)
Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

Welcome to New Layouts and Cards for the month of December. We would also love to see any other project you'd like to share.

This thread is for sharing love on all new projects shared here. If you don't do a lot of challenges, this is a great thread for getting your wonderful work seen and even if you do a lot of challenges...well one can never have too much love!!

It's a challenge of sorts though.... keeping up on giving love can be a real challenge!! We all JCI (Just Check(ing) In) often and try so hard to be ACU (All Caught Up) and MMS (Mark My Spot)... but let a day go by and you'll be VFB (Very Far Behind). We've also been known to toss about and create some new acronyms!!

The rules for this thread are simple: Post a newly uploaded layout, card or project, get comments and give comments on everyone's pages. No "drop and runs" please. If you get love be kind enough to give love back. There are NO challenges and NO Requirements on the TYPE of comments you leave, just be sincere but if you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all. But I'm sure you can think of something nice to say!

Please also remember several people post here; try not to flood the post with too many layouts at once. Please be considerate and do not post more than 5-7 in any post. No limit per day.

So, think you can do it??? Then come on by and join the fun! This thread has gained a fairly regular following. We enjoy seeing new people come by to share their work and join in the fun! You can join in at any time. Just remember that it is more fun if you give love and get love too!

Here is how to put your layout photo on a thread:
1. Go to layout/picture you want to post on the thread.
2. Scroll down to where it says "Share"
3. Click "Link & Embed Image"
4. Click on "IMG CODE (for forums and bulletin boards)" Make sure the little dot is in front of that phrase now.
5. Select what size you want the picture to be on the thread, most of us select "Larger".
6. Copy and Paste the Embed Code Below:
7. Paste the code to the thread as a new post. When you paste it you will only see the code. The picture will not appear until you post or preview your reply.

While this is a laid back community of artists and crafts people sharing their work and support, it's not a place to just drop off work and not visit the galleries of others in the thread. We encourage you to enjoy all the marvelous talent and leave comments! Should you encounter a problem with another poster in this thread, please PM them directly to ask your question or resolve your issue. The hostesses are not referees and can't step in the middle for you.

Speaking of hostesses..... this is a collaborative effort. We are rotating the job of hosting the thread. Included in the opening post is the schedule of hostesses over the next couple months. If you are interested in hosting.... please PM the current month's hostess to let her know. (BTW - the current month's hostess would be the one who started the thread) Hope everyone has a wonderfully creative month and gains inspiration and encouragement from each other!

Hostesses
December-Terry
January. Anna

***Birthday List***

If you'd like to be included here send a message to the current month's hostess-we'd be happy to add you!

Cheryl January 13
Danielle February 11
Denise February 13
Ashley March 1
Andrea March 8
Cathe March 18
Jeannie April 3
Katy May 1
Kimberly June 8
Terry August 5
Anna December 24

Edited by Abby0317 on 12-02-18 08:13 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to Abby0317

First a thank you to Cathe for hosting November. next we need hostess assignments starting with January. Thanks to all that volunteer.

Anna...I have not gotten the right die yet. I informed them about the problem the week before Thanksgiving. I hope it’s there when I get home so I don’t have to cause a stir. I did cancel this morning too.
Cheryl...I am so sorry to hear about Karol’s breathing problem. Poor guy needs to catch a break it’s his health!

Catch you in the morning...I’m binge watching criminal minds!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Abby0317

Hello

I am up early this morning. Look like might get some snow but who knows. I am starting to write the stuff I need to get to make cookies. Well my husband has to work today and I need to go into are big city to go to the bank and o deposit my husband check and to make payment for the truck. I can’t believe it December. I have a pic of my book I made for my mom.

Hope everyone has a nice Saturday

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to southern lady

Good morning,

Thanks to our wonderful hostesses Cathe for November and Terry for December. Ya'll rock!

Terry, you can put me down for January. I did get an email and phone call from Spellbinders late yesterday. They apologized for the error and said my November die would be shipping out within 48 hours. Monday I assume. Once this is cleared up, I am cancelling out as well. Not really sure why I joined either....on whimp I guess. Not off to a good start so I take that as my sign that I need to get out.

Cheryl, I hope your DH gets something to help with his breathing. It must be terrible to have breathing issues.

Headed out to a cousins party this afternoon. Pretty excited. Great way to start off this holiday season!

Hello to all and have a great day!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Good morning!

Thank you Terry for getting up into December.
How time flies!
You can put me down for March--my birthday month.--- Maybe I'll remember that way. LOL

Danielle- I'm surprised in this day and age that your husband isn't offered direct deposit. --Or do you like going into the big city?
Is the photo of your mom's gift on FB?

It's gloomy and rainy here-which is fine with me. It will make me stay home and take care of things. I have my "pretties" to get off my Christmas shelf---a very pretty centerpiece, & a couple of table decorations.

Have a great day everyone.
I'll look for it there, if it isn't in here.

Anna- Glad to hear you are going to get your Spellbinder die cut.
Have fun at your cousin's party.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to scrappin 2

Christmas book By Southern Lady

cathe- they are not that big i don't think they do direct deposit. they not big like his old job where they do that. his new job they pay you every friday at his old job they pay 2 times in a moth. they might do direct deposit when they get little big. yea it hard have to go into are big city to do it but that where are bank is. i know you can do the deposit on your phone but i have no clue how. no i have pic of it on facebook

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Hello everyone. December has arrived. Need to get myself in gear and finish shopping. I will mail cards out next week.

Headed back to Texas tomorrow.

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to rockmom

Good morning all!
We have snow! Not a lot... but snow! I'm just over 3000 ft and they said snow down to 3000... HOW do they know? LOL
Snow day = stay in pj's type of day... and maybe scrap a bit as well..

Cathe, when my DD, Kelly, was in pre-school, she and two other little girls sang in the Christmas show... Kelly did great in the rehearsals! But on the night of the show, she just stood next to the other girls... and while they sang their little hearts out, Kelly just fiddled with the hem of her dress and stared at the two girls.. so much for her singing career! LOL!

Cheryl, so happy for you and your new job and great hours! No nights and weekends... woo hoo! I hope Karyol is feeling better. And I LOVE all your cards! They're beautiful!

Danielle, how long of a drive is it for you to go to the bank every week? Too bad that company doesn't offer direct deposit. I thought most all companies had that available. I LOVE your Christmas book!

Denise, How was the trip to the SS office with your Mom? I hope you have a safe trip back to Texas..

Jeannie... I hope you and Jon have a safe trip over the pass! At least they are saying Sunday is the better day to travel over the Sierras..

Terry, I hope you have a safe trip home too! So, you don't like that 18 degree weather?!?!? My daughter is no longer fighting fires, now she and her crew are working on an oak restoration project in Umpqua National forest... and doing a prescribed burn in the "Ashland watershed"... she's still a busy girl.. until the 15th... she's moving back to CA...

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Scrapkaty

Good afternoon!! Grandkids were supposed to be here until 3:30 but Priscilla got sick at work and picked them up at 11:30. I am thinking about getting out my tree just not sure. I have projects I want to work on as well.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Karyol's birthday is Tuesday. I made this card for him.

Happy Birthday to you By Cdjohnson

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Gift card holder By Cdjohnson

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Gift card holders By Cdjohnson

Gift card holders By Cdjohnson

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! Working this weekend so, of course, it's supposed to be 60 degrees tomorrow and like 30 on my day off on Wednesday! The person I was assigned to work with today elected to do no work so I had to do all the work. I'm a little thankful I don't have a partner tomorrow so I don't have to deal with that kind of stupidity tomorrow.

Terry- Thanks for hosting December. Why is it December already? I don't want it to be December!

Cathe- Thanks for hosting November!

So, as it's December, Thorongil's come out to play once again:

December Daily 2018 Title Page By DNA301
December Daily 2018- Day 1 By DNA301
December Daily 2018- Day 1 Journaling By DNA301

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to DNA301

hello there

well it snow here today. I be send out all the Christmas cards this Monday.

hope everyone has a nice Sunday

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to DNA301

Hi ladies! It’s bitter cold again and snowed about 3 inches late yesterday. Of course GD had a singing lesson I had to drive her to in a PU. I admit we did do a bit of slipping and sliding since there was ice under the snow. Not fun!
I love seeing the grands but I’m ready to go home. I see attitudes in my GD that remind me of her Mom who isn’t the easiest to get along with. GS is still a sweetie and even more so!
And I’m sure GD thinks I’m old and stupid...we’ll old is right!

Have a great Sunday!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

Hello!!! Busy day of taking Zoey and Zeke with me to church, out for lunch at Applebee’s, home, then out with sister for a while and finally catching up here. I start my new job tomorrow. I hardly know what to think of going to work during the day. It has been 4 years since I worked during the day.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! Very slow day at the lab today...one of the techs fell asleep for about two hours towards the end of the day LOL! I think I must have read somewhere between 25-50 book reviews today as I tried to do something with my time.

Terry- We got rain here today but no snow (thank goodness)!

Cheryl- Good luck with your new job!

Two from me:

December Daily 2018- Day 2 By DNA301
December Daily 2018- Day 2 By DNA301

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to DNA301

Good morning!!

Katy- funny story about Kelly playing with the hem of her skirt and not singing.

Danielle- your book is darling. I love the papers you chose.

Terry- How old are your Grandchildren?

Cheryl- You won't see this until later, but I hope your first day went smoothly. Was it a training day?
Cute card for Karyol.
Does he feel well enough to go out to dinner tomorrow?

Ashley- I'll bbl to read about the adventures of your elf. Oakley brought along "Sugar Bell", their Elf on the Shelf last night. It is so cute that he still believes in magic.

I was so busy yesterday!
We had friends over to watch the Bear game.
They left and the kids all came to decorate the tree and have dinner. We face-timed with Nev at college. We all missed her and I think she was a little sad that she couldn't be here.

Have a great day everyone. Hope to catch you later.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Terry- thank you so very much for your Christmas card. It is beautiful!!
Did you make us all the same design?
Hope your die cut worked well and punched out all those holes cleanly. I could picture you poking at them with a sharp tool.
It is lovely.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

Morning... I got all the cards made this weekend and ready to mail. Now to find a PO. I finally got photos of the kids and they both dressed up and my “semi punk” dg even did some makeup and a dress. I am a happy camper! I’ll post when I get home since I used my big camera. This house is 3 levels and when they are home in their rooms I have to text them to get their attention! My knees don’t like all the stairs here and they don’t hear me yelling. What strange time we live in...

Anna ... I think I’m going to have to call about that die. Bummer
Ashley...darling start to the adventure of Thorongil
Cathe...thank you! The die cut really well and a good whack released all the cut pieces. Yes you all got the same card only different colors of red or green. How sweet Oakley carries his elf to your house!
Cheryl...good luck with the new job today! Very exciting! Loved the DGC photo with Santa
Danielle...enjoy the snow. I would here too except it’s so bitter cold and I didn’t bring outdoor wear!
Denise..are you back inTx yet?
Katy...hope you are enjoying your snow too!

Does anyone here do Stitch Fix? Just curious as to opinions...

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Abby0317

Good morning!

Thanks so much for the beautiful card Terry! It sits on my foyer table for everyone to see when they come into the house!

Cheryl, good luck with your new job today!

Gotta run. Lots to do today! Have a good one!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Anna C

hello and good morning

Cheryl- I hope your first day went smoothly

terry- thanks for Christmas card.

well I am mail all of your cards out today. well still have snow on the ground here. well today later on take my car to a guy my husband knows around are area to do my brakes on my car. so my husband going to met me there and drop my car off and then go to his work and drop him off and let me drive the truck. I go walk the dogs this morning and then go to the gym. tonight they have a Christmas light parade here I want to go to it but I don't know if my husband would want to go. we will see. this Friday is at my husband work craft thing where you get to pick out what you would want to make and make it and I am going to it. I just don't know what I want to make they send me pic of the projects and you pick the one you want they all look nice. I need to make my husband his b-day card here I just don't know what to make. we put toghter the projects togther the wood now my husband got to take to the guy that going to write on the wood. I take pic of it when they are all done.

hope everyone has a great Monday

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Good evening!! I had a wonderful first day at work.

Cathe - Every day is training day right now since this job is totally new to me. No, Karyol doesn’t feel like going out to eat so I am going to call our order in right before I leave the office and pick it up to take home.

Terry - Thank you for the pretty card.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Cheryl- Nice to hear you had a good first day.
Good idea to order the food and take it home to Karyol-tomorrow.
How's Priscilla doing?

Terry- that must be one big house!
You didn't take winter wear to MN????
Sure glad all those little pieces shook out of the Christmas Cards.
It is unique and so pretty.

Danielle- the project with writing on the wood sounds really cool.

I was home most of the day....................
well I guess that's not entirely true.
I don't count walking at the mall as going out.
At 2:00 I met my friend Carole at a local store called Crimson Ridge. I was looking for a gift for the Yankee swap out in Oregon. I wanted to get it at Crimson Ridge because they gift wrap beautifully. I chose a fuzzy blanket and a pkg of cocoa with a little whisk tied to the pkg. Kim, the owner got it all wrapped and I said to Carole --"It will get a little squashed in the suitcase, but it will be ok." and Kim says. "Are you flying", I said yes. He said,"well you can't take mylar (which is what the wrapping paper was) on the plane. He proceeds to undo it and grabs plain cellophane with white trees on it. Fortunately he hadn't put the ribbon on the first wrap so he added the bow. It is so pretty.
then Carole says " TSA might unwrap it". He daughter said they unwrap everything. I should have just asked Kim for the supplies.
So now I have this gorgeous present which might get destroyed.
My other option is to keep it for the gift exchange here and take my original gift of Burt's Bee products and socks out to Oregon. It isn't wrapped yet.

It's time to make supper. I don't wanna.
Oh I also started packing for our trip. I enjoy packing so that was fun.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Hi! Had a crazy day at the lab...we were short so I worked my station and helped at three others. I don't even know how we wound up being short when a tech was pulled of training to work a spot but we were. I'm downstairs tomorrow and Thursday, working 7:30-3:30 (off Wednesday) and I'm kind of glad about that. Rumor has it that inspectors are coming in Tuesday through Thursday and they never come down to the third floor LOL!

Cathe- I was thinking of bringing Thorongil with me to Girl Scouts on Friday to watch over my Daisies and, hopefully, keep them in line. I'm hoping some of them still believe in those sorts of things (I have first graders who don't have imaginations...which freaks me out big time).

Terry- My parents have the bedroom next door to mine and my dad will sometimes text me when he wants things LOL!

Cheryl- Hope your training goes well!

Today's adventure:
December Daily 2018- Day 3 By DNA301
December Daily 2018- Day 3 By DNA301

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to DNA301

Good morning!!

Ashley- your story is cute with Thorongil
I don't think creativity is encouraged any more in schools. They are too concerned about testing. I always had my students write stories. Some really struggled, but they eventually came up with something. Only once did I have a boy whom I couldn't get one word out of him. I sat and sat with him, giving him ideas from his experiences, etc he wouldn't budge.

For the family gift exchange By Scrappin 2

This is the beautifully wrapped gift that I think needs to stay home. I can use it for the gift exchange here.

Hope everyone has a nice day.

Edited by scrappin 2 on 12-04-18 05:43 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

sorry everyone. i just cant keep up. Im still moving slowly and not able to sit in my craft room. I have a bad pinched nerve. I have been to the chiropractor twice a week and am slowly making progress. I am still planning to get cards out but they wont be early.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to andrea m

hello

cathe- sorry to hear you can't take that gift but that good that you have a back up plan.

well last night we went to a prade. it was my frist time go to one here. well i went to work out and later on go take dogs for a walk.

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty

good afternoon..
We're getting rain tomorrow... yeay... not as cold so I won't... or shouldn't be getting any snow.
I mailed out my cards today for our card exchange, but I still have several to finish for family... and Michael..

Andrea, I'm sorry to hear you are hurting so bad. take it slow and easy... and I hope the visits to the chiropractor helps!

Ashley, I love your December Daily... THAT is a lot of journaling! You are quite a talented story teller!

Cathe, I hope you have a wonderful trip! Too bad you can't take the beautiful gift with you on the flight... at least you have an option available...

Cheryl, so happy for you and your new job! Even if it is just training for now, I love all your gift card holders! Maybe I should make some since that's what I'll be giving my girls.... is there a template for those, or is it a die?

Danielle, How was the parade? Up higher where I used to live (population 2400) the town has an annual Christmas parade.. very cute... and short... Our 3 DD's were in it when they attended grammar school. It was kids caroling on a hay wagon, a dance team or two, a kazoo and snow shovel drill team (LOL), fire trucks, and of course Santa!! I think the fire fighters had the most fun.. those fire rigs were totally lit up...

Terry, Thank you for the beautiful card! So far it's the only one I've received... I have it hanging on a rustic tin card holder I found at Joanns. I enjoyed my snow... what I received.... about an inch... it was gone by the afternoon. but it sure was coming down in the morning... I have a video of Barkley at the glass slider watching it fall and trying to attack the flakes...and then he'd run off like the scaredy cat he is!

Hi Anna and Jeannie!...

I've been watching too many happy sappy Hallmark Christmas Movies... and they all seem to get me in tears at the end... especially the one with the golden retriever!.... think I'll go watch one....

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Scrapkaty

Cheryl, happy for you. Has it really been 4 years since you started nights? Wow

Terry. That is too many stairs. Thank you for the beautiful card! I love it!

Danielle, was the parade fun. We went to one in Missouri. It was long. Every fire truck. Police car, radio station, youth organization and church was involved. There must have been 30 John Deer tractors, Shriners and their funny cars, a drilling rig at decked out in lights, 2 go carts, people walking dogs, and Santa on the last fire truck followed by the horses at the end. It was so long!

Ashley, you do have such an imagination!

Cathe, lovely gift wrap, too bad you cant take it.

My cards need to be taken to the post office. They are ready.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to rockmom

Oh Andrea-- don't worry about cards. Do whatever it takes to feel less pain, but I imagine not much helps.
Is surgery an option? PT often takes so long to work.

Danielle- How nice you got to go to the parade.

Denise- I chuckles when you said the horses were last. We all know why horses are last in any parade. LOL

Katy - I haven't seen the Hallmark movie with the Golden Retriever in it yet. I love those predictable, happy movies.

I looked at DH today and said, "you need a hair cut!" so he called and got an appointment at 11:00. He had to go to the bank too.
I left after him and stopped at the mall. Then we met for lunch. We hardly ever eat lunch at an establishment. --it's always "bring me something home".
I got my hair cut and colored. I'm a happy camper.

Catch you all tomorrow.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Good evening!! We enjoyed our dinner from Texas Roadhouse.

Katy - I watched a video on you tube using the envelope punch board to make the gift card holders.

Denise - Yes, 4 years!!

Andrea - Don’t worry about cards. Hope you feel better soon.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! Today I worked 7:30-3:30 on the third floor...it was actually unusually quiet today. We only did about 108 specimens when we usually average over 200 on Tuesdays. I assume, because we're a hospital on the Upper East Side of Manhattan, that it has something to do with the Jewish Holidays and people going away for them but I could be wrong. I guess I'll see when I'm back down there on Thursday (which is usually our busiest day). I'm off tomorrow but not sure what we're doing. I'd wanted to go out but I think my mom wants start putting up Christmas.

Cathe- My mom's school only allowed them to teach non-fiction with the exception of the Percy Jackson series (large Greek community). She said her students were never, ever allowed to do creative writing in her classes...they only wrote for tests.

Kathy- I like to write...like REALLY like to write. I write a lot of fiction when I'm home (and compose a lot of it in my head at work) and I'd like to be published someday but I'm not sure I'm that good.

Today's adventure:
December Daily 2018 Day 4 By DNA301
December Daily 2018- Day 4 By DNA301

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to DNA301

Morning!

Cheryl, glad your new job is working out for you!

Andrea, take care of yourself!

Hello to all.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to rockmom

hello and good morning

the parade was good but it was cold. santa on the fire turck with christmas lights.

Cheryl I got your Christmas card yesterday thanks

well another cold day here. took dogs for a walk now on to the gym. i need to start wrap gifts. which i did my nephews and i made them a little orament that say baby frist christmas 2018 which i use my cameo with the words. i have to buy my brother and girlfriend a gift card.

hope everyone has a nice wedensday

Edited by southern lady on 12-05-18 09:47 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Hi! Was off from work today...my mom and I were going to go out but it was like freezing cold so we stayed in and started to take down all the fall stuff. It created a pretty huge mess LOL! She said she'll bring everything down to the basement and then we'll get the Christmas stuff when I'm home over the weekend.

Small favor, if anyone is of the praying type...a former Scout family of ours is in desperate need of prayers. Their oldest daughter (16 years old) is in a coma, losing her battle with cancer. They're asking for prayers for her to give her the strength to keep fighting.

Today's adventure:
December Daily 2018- Day 5 By DNA301
December Daily 2018- Day 5 By DNA301

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to DNA301

Oh Andrea, I feel your pain. So, so sorry. Feel better soon!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Ashley, I will pray for the girl and her family.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Good evening!! Sorry so late. Zoey and Zeke here right after I got home. They are both sleeping so I finally get to check in.

Another good day at work. Got my email signature set up. I can’t do the voicemail on my phone until next week due to some glitch. We are having a Christmas party next Friday. I need a $20 gift to take. I have no idea what to get. We will be doing something similar to Dirty Santa.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to cdjohnson

hello and good morning

well nothing much today go walk the dogs and go to the gym later on. I have to vacuum today.

hope everyone has a great Thursday

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

Hi Ladies! I'm home!!! I was up at 4:30am yesterday central time and by 10 pm Pacific time I had crashed. Long day and a very bumpy ride for 3 hrs. Lots of upper winds and storms.
Andrea: I am so sorry you are in such pain! Do not worry about the cards just do whatever it takes to heal and feel better!!
Anna: can you believe this---I still don't have that replacement die! I'm calling today to ask for my $$ not that stupid die. I'm really riled over this....
Ashley: oh my heart goes out to that family! It is never easy with cancer but holy cow a 16 yo. That's so wrong!
Cathe: when is your trip? I would think the TSA could x-ray that without opening it. Have you contacted them?
Cheryl: What is "dirty Santa"? Did Karyol enjoy his birthday? Hope so.... Glad you are off night shift!
Danielle: It is wicked cold all across the upper states. Where I was in MN it never reached 25 deg and I hated to go out even to let the dogs do their business.
Denise: How is it down in TX? Cold? Have the kids been to see Santa yet? I so miss having little ones this time of year!
Katy: Our friends who live in Reno said they got 7 in of snow 2 days ago. Everywhere out here needs a lot of moisture!! Are all 3 of your daughters home for xmas this year?

It's going to be a grocery shopping day! And this weekend I have to put up the decorations! I still have cards to finish too---especially since I got some new christmas dies! And I need to finish xmas shopping too!! I'm buying Steve a hand gun which I know he doesn't expect at all. He gave up his decades ago when we needed money for food and I've always intended to replace it. Now is the time!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

Terry, sweet if you to surprise Steve with a handgun. I thi k we all need some protection at one point or another. I sure wish I had had it when those dogs were threatening me at the cemetery. I could have been terribly mauled. I should not have left it at mom's. To be sure I would not have used it unless I was being attacked.

Rainy day, blech.

Doing laundry today. Need to vacuum...again.

No, the kids haven't seen Santa yet but will this weekend. It us fun to see them interacting with Santa.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to rockmom

Ashley, prayers for that young lady. There is so much sickness and death all around it seems.

Teri, I did get an email and tracking number for my replacement die. After I actually get it, then I am cancelling out. I am not impressed with them at all.

Cheryl, I don't know what Dirty Santa is either.

Hello to all!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Dirty Santa is where you can steal each other’s presents. Everyone does it differently

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! Had work today...it was busy (we had many patients who had codes for Monday appointments but they came in today...I'm assuming it had to do with the Jewish holiday) on the third floor but not too terrible. Then my mom texted me as I was going to lunch to tell me that the girl I posted about yesterday (the 16 year old former Scout) lost her battle and passed away at 6AM. I was absolutely heartbroken and gutted the rest of my day. My brain can't fathom how something like that could happen to a 16 year old...it's a cruel and terrible thing. My mom says we have to go to the wake but, fishsticks, that's going to be a hard thing to do. We decided to honor her courage in our Scout troop by creating an award for "outstanding bravery" in her name.

Cheryl- Sounds like a fun party! We're not having a Christmas party in the lab. The last one they had was the year before I started working there and the 4-12 shift went in on their "lunch break" and wound up having a few too many Christmas cocktails and going back to the lab a bit tipsy...so no more Christmas parties for the lab techs.

Terry- My mom and I are going to try and get decorations up this weekend but Sunday is my sister's birthday and she wants an all day being out kind of day.

Today's adventure:
December Daily 2018- Day 6 By DNA301
December Daily 2018- Day 6 By DNA301

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to DNA301

Ashley my heart goes out to the young girl and her family. Life is so unfair.
I will pray for hre and the family
Terry The sun comes up so late out here’!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

hello and good morning

well today went and took dogs for a walk and went to the gym already. tonight I am going to this craft thing at my husband work. well another cold day here. oh 17 I am get my hair done with highlights and a trim before we head on are vacation.

hope everyone has a nice Friday

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Good afternoon!

Cathe, Cheryl, and Danielle, thank you for the beautiful cards that I received yesterday. They are all gorgeous and I am proudly displaying them along side Terry's card on the foyer table.

My cards still are not quite ready but I do hope to get them finished up this weekend.

Ashley, so sorry about the young lady who passed. Life can sure be tough sometimes. Are your preparing for this big snow storm? The weather people say we are gonna get hit but not quite sure how much to expect just yet...depends on if we get sleet/freezing rain first.

Hello to all and have a great weekend.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Anna C

cathe I got your card yesterday and katy I just got your card today thanks

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Cathe - How is Mark feeling and yourself?

I will be shopping and crafting tomorrow. No work and no kids!!!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

The dinner party for the bride and groom was wonderful. The Groom’s parents and sister are very nice, easy to talk to.
I played hide ans seek with my six year old nephew,Griffin for a little bit. He ans his sister Addie who is three were at their other grandparents during the dinner.

Markk did not feel well enough to attend. My brother Rick and brother in law Big Rick stayed with Mark.

I will be excited to get my mail when I get home.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Thank you for the cards Cheryl and Danielle. I love them!

Ashley, sad news.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to rockmom

hello and good morning

I am up early this morning. the craft class went good I made a cute little sign . I take a pic of it. well there where 3 projects to pick and I did the sign they had a Christmas tree one and a sleight that you put togther and that look cute but to much for me. I didn't get home until 8 pm. I had fun they have one every month the next one in January 10 which I am going and saw the stuff that they had to make for that class I pick 2 of them. so we see how that one turns out. the ladies that do it are nice and help me when I need some help with stuff. well today I need to go to the grocery store and get the stuff to make my cookie that way I can get start on them. need to work on my grandma gift.

hope everyone has a great Saturday

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

I have lots to do today shopping for groceries and Christmas. Hope to do some crafting this afternoon.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to cdjohnson

Morning! Thank you Cheryl, Cathe, Danielle, & Katy for the wonderful Christmas cards. Year after year I am always in awe with the cards because of the time, designs, and beauty that go into them.

Andrea: how are you feeling? Hopefully better!
Anna: Oh no, winter is striking? Snow on top of freezing rain is soooo dangerous! I finally received the big die yesterday. No so impressed either---or maybe its just frustration.
Ashley: Did you decorate? I'm doing that today after I get my 2nd coffee down and back away from the computer!
Cathe: so you are Portland now? I love the glittered bow on the wreath!
Cheryl: I'm done with shopping for xmas except for Steve. I need my son to help with that.
Danielle: great that you enjoyed the craft class.
Denise: I saw something about really bad weather for the southern states. Hope not!
Katy: Hubby surprised me yesterday by suggesting we look into moving into Minden. Isn't that fairly close to you?
Best get busy and get the xmas stuff out now!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Abby0317

Hello everyone

Terry we are in Tualatin Oregon
I’m killing time until I need to shower and get ready for the Wedding which is at 5:15

Denise the monthly craft get together sound like a good opportunity to meet some friends, who knows maybe even a job could come out of it

Denise hope the bad weather misses you.
My nieces wedding is small, about 50 people,the groom Seth was worried about his friend from Tx getting here. His parents live in Austin and got here yesterday

Today my sisJean and sil Lynette and I went shopping for a bit. Then took sil Andrea lunch.
Brother Mark was staying in bed all day hoping to concrete his energy.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Cathe - Enjoy the wedding. I hope Mark can have enough energy for the wedding.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

I personalized Maddie a Caboodles makeup case for Christmas. I hope she likes it:

Maddie’s personalized Caboodle By Cdjohnson

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! I'm off this weekend...I spend most of today reading and trying to collect up my introvert energy because we're going out with my sister and possibly one of her friends for her birthday and that's not going to be fun at all. Thanks for all the prayers for this family...I'm going with my mom and some of the other leaders to the wake on Monday and that it quite literally something I absolutely don't want to do. The whole thing is just so super sad.

Anna- What snow storm? I don't want it to snow! I hate snow! Snow is stressful for me and the lab.

Cathe- Have fun at the wedding!

Terry- Nope...not decorated for Christmas. I actually kind of don't care if we decorate or not this year.

Some New Adventures:

December Daily 2018- Day 7 By DNA301
December Daily 2018- Day 7 By DNA301
December Daily 2018- Day 8 By DNA301
December Daily 2018- Day 8 By DNA301

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to DNA301

Morning ladies.

We are right in the mist of Winter Storm Diego. It is a mess here.

We got a real tree last night and got it in the stand and lights on it. My cats have decided that it is their very own play thing. So we didn't decorate it. Gonna wait until tonight and hopefully their fascination with the tree will be over with. It really smells so good.

Ashley, are you getting any snow?

How about you Cheryl?

Cathe, hope Mark was able to attend the wedding. How is he doing?

Terry, glad you got your die. Mine should be here this week. Have you seen the December die?

Have a great day ladies!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Anna C

hello there

well yesterday went into the city to go to home depo to buy a few things for my grandam gift we make. went to the bank. so now we need to put my grandma gift togther. today I am make cookies. I am all done Christmas gifts and wrap up every thing even my gift that my husband bought because I was there when he bought them. I have never been surprise with Christmas gifts. tomorrow is my youngest dog birthday. I made my husband his birthday card.

hope everyone has a nice Sunday

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Anna C

It rained buckets and buckets with lightning and thunder but no severe weather. Thanks for asking. Hope the groom's friend made it to Oregon alright.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to rockmom

I finally did get décor up including my tiny tree! Plus most of the cleaning is done. I was totally surprised by my neighbor's adorable dog (part poodle part spaniel) when I walked into our garage (door up) and found her sniffing out & swiping our dog biscuits. She almost smiled and was truly happy at the treasure she'd found.
Today I'm hanging the outdoor wreaths and downloading photos etc. Danny & I went to the gun store and looked. I decided I needed to get Steve gift cert to the store so he can pick out what he wants. Plus that background check also needs done. So I bought a toy pistol that will go into a box along with the gift cards. The first box he gets will be one with the word "nuthin"" inside!!!!

Anna: The east coast names winter storms? Sounds like you are getting blasted! I'll go look to see what the new die will be. You would thing it would be more profitable to them to just sell the dies and forget about clubs.
Ashley: Cute stories and photos! Hope your day out with the birthday thing isn't too awful. I'm heartbroken that the young girl passed. Just horrible!
Cathe: Winter time here sure does make it seem that the sun comes up late. Enjoy the wedding!!
Cheryl: adorable photos of the grands! I like what you did for Maddie.
Danielle: Baking cookies? Haven't done that in years & years!
Denise: Hope you all don't flood! Did you see Mel's FB page? I had to laugh at the ruler and the snow --- Oh, and those photos of the kids with Santa were so cute. I really liked the one with all 4 kids.

Anyone have a favorite cheese ball recipe? Thought I'd make one for Christmas dinner/snack.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to Abby0317

Here are some cards I worked on while in Minnesota. This batch is the 3 colors I did for the card swap. Each color has a different "photo" that I snatched off the internet. How to do these cards are a tutorial from Jennifer McGuire.
Christmas swap--blue By Abby0317
Christmas swap--green By Abby0317
Christmas swap--red By Abby0317

Thanks for looking--

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to Abby0317

This batch are the other cards I've made so far. TFL....
Christmas Snowflake By Abby0317
Snowflake 1 By Abby0317
Christmas Truck By Abby0317
Christmas card By Abby0317

Edited by Abby0317 on 12-09-18 11:41 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics