Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: December’s New Layouts and Cards        (Topic#1675285)
cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Jci

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Morning ladies! Have a great day!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Anna C

morning all

going to work on paint my grandma gift I am going to white wash it.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to southern lady

Morning---seems dear sweet Mel (for those who remember her) who sent me a video this morning via messenger at 5:30 AM doesn't realize there are 2 time zones between us!!! Lots of coffee please!
I have one more card I need to make and then I'm calling quits on xmas cards this year!

Hope everyone has a great Saturday! We are having tremendous winds that are blowing in a "pineapple express" weather system. Lots of rain & possible snow too.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to Abby0317

And here's what I worked on so early in the morning. It's my last card! Now onto coloring...
Fragers xmas card By Abby0317

TFL

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Abby0317

here a pocket letter I made for a swap

Pocket letter By Southern Lady

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

We are having Christmas with my family today at 4. I can’t wait to watch the little ones open their gifts.

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to cdjohnson

Hi all....
I'm slowly getting ready to bake! I've picked out about 6 different kinds of cookies to make... all easy recipes of course! I'll be sending each of the girls home with a tray and the same for Michael as well... that is if there are any left over!

Anna, I used to belong to a scrapbook kit club years and years ago.. I enjoyed the products and papers they sent each month, however over time I had soo much stuff from them that I hadn't used yet so I cancelled...

Ashley, your computer went down for 4 hours?!? wow! When our systems at work went down we were helpless! Couldn't do anything but twiddle our thumbs! It didn't happen very often luckily! I don't miss that!

Cathe, Did you finish your Christmas shopping? I think I have!.. well, one more item for Michael.. Today I went to Petsmart and bought toys for my 3 grand dogs, my new grand kitty, and my two babies.. they're all spoiled!

Cheryl, I've seen the "Floss" on TV.. looks more like an exercise to me! LOL! and those are cute T-shirts!! 'm sorry to hear that Karyol fell. I hope he's doing better. How way your Christmas with your family?

Danielle, how was the party at the groomers? And how did your dogs do in the camper shell? I love your pocket letter!

Denise, The other day I cleaned out my 'fridge... didn't plan on it. I just went to get the milk out for my lunch and one thing led to another and I ended up cleaning out the fridge.. never did have lunch!

Kimberly, I hope you are feeling better! and remember, we are always here to listen!

Terry, I looked up "Havenese"... such cute little dogs! I've never heard of that breed before. I remember Mel!!! How is she doing? I LOVE that card you just posted! It is beautiful! My youngest DD, the firefighter, moved back down to CA on Thursday. She was to come down today, but wanted to get down here before the rain and snow... hope you've batten down the hatches... or whatever that phrase is... for the rain and snow... so far I haven't received any down here.. its mostly way up in northern CA.. .but we are supposed to get hit tomorrow night into Monday...

I hope you all have a great weekend!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Scrapkaty

Good morning!

Denise and Jeannie, thank you for the beautiful cards. Thanks for the "A" and the extra prayers Denise! One can never have too many prayers.

Cheryl, I hope you had wonderful Christmas time with your family. I bet those little ones were so excited.

Terry, love, love, love your lastest cards. They are beautiful and that blue/green one is my fav. I got the same message from Mel. I love her daily posts on FB (questions)....always make smile.

Kimberly, I hope you are doing well.

Have a wonderful day!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Anna C

hello and good morning

I got yesterday dollscrap card thanks.
well the party was nice they had a giveaway and the spin the wheel and you won something. I won 5 off groom but that would end of dec so you can put points on your card if you didn't want that so I did the points on my card seen I am not going to groom the dogs anytime soon. Santa was there took a pic and it is hard with one of the dogs so I sat by Santa and they took the pic but my eyes where close. the dogs did good in the back of the turck we put there bed in the back of the turck so I think they do good. we will have to get a ramp for them to get out of the truck. well the white washing I did and then paint these circle that are going to have all the names. going to finsh make the rest of my cookies,

hope everyone has a nice sunday

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

Morning! We are going to go see the puppies today. Excited!! I went yesterday to a nail appt and I can't quit smiling! I picked out this red that is sparkly underneath and has depth to the color. My nail lady painted a large snowflake on one figure. Quite festive!!!

Anna: thank you for your sweet card! I love how JOY pops with such gorgeous color. Mel is a sweetie---! Will Britt be coming home for xmas? Hope so....
Ashley: Got your shopping done yet?
Cathe: What are you xmas plans? Are you hosting a family dinner?
Cheryl: Your FB post with the heart and quote made me feel really sad for you. Hugss!!!!! Have a great time with the kids....
Danielle: Glad you had fun at the groomers party. Dogs usually love the back of a truck especially if they have been taken on rides before.
Denise: How was the trip and the program? Are the girls coming to your house for xmas?
Katy: Have I told you I love your kitty avi? The daughter that moved back to CA, is she moving close to you? Yum---cookies! I'm doing a traditional Italian dinner for xmas and also going to add Cannolis for dessert! I've never made them but I've eaten my fair share. Mel seems to be doing quite good. Her DD, Teri, graduated HS last spring. She also has some adorable grandbabies too!
Jeannie: I also got your card yesterday! I love the vintage feel to it....really pretty...thank you!

Have a little time to call BFF and get some girl time going!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

Hello. Headed to Ft Worth to see the girl's program. I'll probably be a zombie tomorrow it will be close to 1 am when we get home. Ugh, getting too old for this.

Andrea, hope your back feels better and thank you for the card.

Anna thank you too!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to rockmom

Hey there gang.
My brother Mark who has cancer is not doing well. He has stopped eating and is very week.
I'm so glad we got the chance to see him on Dec 6-11 when we were out there for his Daughter's wedding.
I don't remember if or what I have mentioned about him to you. I think I told you he had colon cancer but don't really remember. I'm kind of in a fog.

As it is, life goes on.
I planned on making cookie dough after church, chill it and then cutting out the cookies. That way the kids could decorate when they came about 3:00. Our very good friends Mark and Nance came over to watch The Bear game. When I told Nance all I had to do, she said she'd help. OMGosh I wouldn't have done it without her. I tried a different recipe from allrecipes. It was horrible. So I made up my tried and true dough from the red and white checked cookbook. I was going to toss the first batch of dough. Nance said, OH NO and she rolled out that dough and make cookies. She came from a family of 12 and they threw nothing away!

I see Mel's posts on fb.

Jeannie- Thank you for your card. It is gorgeous.

I have something going on every day of the week except Friday. Ugh! --hopefully I won't be out of the house all day on Mon.-Thurs.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to scrappin 2

Yes our family Christmas was fun. 8 kids and 5 of them age 3 or under makes for quite a noisy evening and hard to get pictures. No one wanted to be still.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Hi! Sorry for disappearing...we were getting ready for our Girl Scout Holiday (can't say Christmas...people get offended) talent show. Since I was working 9-5 at the lab this past week, it was harder for me to get all the stuff I needed done PLUS I had three parents e-mail me on Friday to tell me their Scouts changed their mind and didn't want to perform. It wasn't as bad as my mom and I feared it was going to be though. We actually had a lot of quality acts this year...including a little girl who sang and did gymnastics (not at the same time), a mom and daughter (the kid is 6) tap dance duo, four violinists, and a 15 year old who wrote her own song and performed it with her ukulele.

I will get my cards out this week! Girl Scout promise! They came in on Saturday from Shutterfly!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to DNA301

Good morning!

Cheryl- That was quite the group! I bet it was fun though.

Ashley- You've been busy!
I'll be watching for your Christmas card.
I say Merry Christmas to all the clerks. Heck, I don't think they can even say Happy Holidays --it's not a ritual like it used to be.

I'm going to my cousin Melissa's. We're making an apricot roll. During our childhood the Slovak ladies at church made them and sold them in the school cafeteria.

Have a nice day.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

hello and good morning

Cheryl- That was quite the group! I bet it was fun though

well today I am get my hair cut and highlights today. well I have lots of stuff to do. so I don't know if I have time to go to the gym today we will see. I walk the dogs today. well I did some bake yesterday and my husband glue a board for me that way I can paint it and make my sign. hopeful the guy is done with my mom gift he was in grave grandkids on my mom project that I am make and doing something for my dad and my uncle that way I can start stain them and make them look old. when husband come home tonight we are going to try to take a family picture of us.

hope everyone has a nice Monday

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

Oh brrrrrr…..the thermostat which runs the heat pump went kaput yesterday and its 59 deg inside the house. Steve is going out to get one and install it. We hope we are right that it will fix the problem! Thankfully it isn't super cold out.

Anna: did you make a card with the Nov die? I haven't yet and I really think I'll wait til next year.
Ashley: On FB you had photos of trees that I assume are in your home. How many?
Cathe: How fun to make something from the past and from your heritage. That's why I do an Italian xmas
Cheryl: How is Karyol doing after the second session? I bet the gathering was noisy and chaotic but how fun!
Danielle: Post a photo of your new do...
Denise: Wowsers that is going to make for a very long day
Katy: I was also in a scrap club way back and although it was cool to get some things there was always stuff I just threw away. Finally came to my senses!!

Happy Monday!

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to rockmom

I miss chatting with everyone and i hope next month allows me the time and ability to be back on here with you amazing ladies.

Thank you all for the beautiful cards. I cherish each and everyone of the.

I see the chiropractor again tomorrow.

Denise i want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for the doodle, It is amazing. I plan to frame it and put it up in my craft room. Thank you for the prayers i need them right now.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to andrea m

terry I got the die cuts thanks a lot I love turck this year .

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Hi! Walked into the lab today and promptly walked back out again LOL...I was assigned to work urines today but someone called or someone didn't get assigned and I wound up going to the windowless lab on 61st street. It was kinda terrible actually. Not the work but the fact I didn't have my laptop to write or my charger so I couldn't even really play games on my phone. It was a very long day LOL!

Cathe- That sounds like fun! I got in trouble once at the dance studio for wishing people "Merry Christmas." The older owner took me aside and gave me like a strict talking to (like I was one of her teenage assistants) about how disrespectful I was being.

Terry- Yeah...we finally got our trees up. We have one big tree that's all random decorations and then we have a smaller tree (that was supposed to be my sister's but there was drama and she gave it back to me) that my mom and I call "the Disney Tree" because it only has Disney ornaments on it (and our MagicBands and a few random Disney keychains and luggage tags). My favorite part of that tree are the ornaments we have for all the Disney-on-Broadway shows we've seen.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to DNA301

Karyol still isn’t feeling well He has another treatment tomorrow.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

good morning
Yes it's not capitalized on purpose---still tired, but made myself get up.

Cheryl- I feel so sorry for Karyol. I hope the dialysis starts improving his health.

Andrea- sure hope PT helps you, I've missed you.

Ashley- I bet your Disney tree is really cute.

Terry- oh brrr! Hope the problem is easily fixed.

Hi to all, Have a nice day.

Danielle- I saw your photo on fb of you hair cut and color. It is really cute. good luck finishing your projects.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

hello and good morning

cheryl- I feel so sorry for Karyo

well got my hair done then went to the groomers and won the raffle so I went to pick up what I won. . well my body hurt me today bad. well going to work out today just little bit walk the dogs. we took are family picture last night.

hope everyone has a nice Tuesday and take care

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Good morning! A week from today and it will be Christmas!

I am hosting Christmas lunch and I am going to shake things up a bit this year. Instead of the traditional ham and turkey, I think I am going to do a several soups with various condiments, chicken tenders with dressing, ham biscuits, fruit and veggie platters, and some desserts. Think that sounds too non Christmasy?

Andrea, hope your back is improving. I go faithfully to my chiropractor for back relief. Sure makes a difference for me. Going back to the Y and walking also helps.

Ashley, sounds like you have been very busy. And I always say Merry Christmas.

Cathe, so sorry your brother isn't doing well. I am glad you got to spend time with him recently.

Cheryl, continued prayers of healing for Karyol.

Danielle, glad you won something at the groomer's party. I really like your hair color. You looked very pretty in your photo on FB. I am hoping to try out a new hair stylist after the first of the year (if I don't lose my nerve). I need a change and sometimes to get a hair/color change you have to change hair stylists. I want a new style and color. I may not like it in the end but I want to try it.

Denise, how was your trip to Fort Worth?

Katy, I used to belong to scrap club several years and loved their products. But like others have said here, I got stuff that I didn't use or didn't like and accumulated too much stuff so I cancelled. No clue why I joined the Spellbinders die club either, but I won't do it again.

Terry, yes Brittany and Shane will be home for Christmas. They will be home on Saturday and probably at his parents until the 24th and then at our house from 25th until the 27th when they head home. No, I haven't made anything with that November die. I just got it one day last week and I haven't even opened it yet. I noticed on the Spellbinders site that my account was charged last week for the December die but it has not shipped yet. As soon as it gets here, I am done with them.

No time to make cards right any way. I've got house cleaning to do and other projects going on but I really hope to get back into my scrap room on a regular basis after the holidays.

Have a great day ladies.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to Anna C

Good morning all. We have a tech coming here at 1 to check the heat pump and see what's up. Steve finally got the thermostat wired right and he said it was warming the house on resistant heat. No clue but it worked!
I did some coloring yesterday on 2 Bestie girls digi stamps. I even put "snow" on the "furry" areas which was fun.

Andrea: so glad you checked in as I've wondered how you were doing. Hope to "see" you more!
Anna: I think your menu is a great way to change xmas! And it sounds yummy. Bff does that type of thing and everyone just munches when they want. I'm thrilled that Britt will be there with you & Bucky!
Ashley: I did love the Disney tree! I know a lady in GA that puts up 6 full blown trees. I don't have the energy to even think about that.
Cathe: I meant to tell you how sorry I am that your brother isn't doing well. I hope he can make it thru the holidays! Did you have fun with your niece making the apricot rolls?
Cheryl: I too hope the treatment will help Karyol feel better---or is it the treatment that is making him ill?
Danielle: I do love your new color and cut
Denise: so how was the program?
Katy: how goes the baking?

I have a dr appt tomorrow and hopefully he can tell my why I'm having vertigo and dizziness.
We've decided on a name for the new puppy: WC's Cute as Bug in a Rug---call name is Cricket.
Good day everyone....

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

Terry - they are telling us that he well feel better in a couple of weeks. It is both things that are causing his problems at this point.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Hello yall.

Cheryl, I've been praying for your hubby to feel better and for you too.

Danielle, your hairdo is cute!

Andrea. It was my pleasure to pray for you as I made your doodle. I continue to pray for you. Bad backs are so painful. It took me three trips a week for three solid months to get mine to stay in the right position. This was years ago, eventually it has stayed put. Frame it? Wow!

Terry, darn heater!

Cathe, hope the day became a capital G day!

The girls did fabulous as always, we got home sooner rather than later which was good!

I've caught this darn cold with all the pains including sore throat. Blah ...dont have time for that. My daughter Mandy and the girls come Thurs.

Jeannie, thank you for the darling card!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Cute name Terry!

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to rockmom

Hi! Was off from work today (working the weekend) so I helped my mom get some last minute Christmas decorating done and registered some Girl Scouts who just joined the troop (they have to be registered to sell cookies). I also got all my cards addressed and in the mail. I'm sorry it took me so long this year. I didn't have good pictures to put on my cards and didn't take them until Dec. 9th when I went out with my sister for her birthday.

Cheryl- I hope your husband starts feeling better!

Cathe- My mom and I joke that the Disney tree is a sure sign we've become "those people"...Disney fans who are such big fans we have a tree dedicated to just ornaments for it. We're going to have to upgrade to a bigger tree eventually since we buy 3-4 new ornaments for it each year.

Anna- I forget what we're doing Christmas Day but it's not super traditional either. I know we're doing the Seven Fishes for Christmas Eve. I think my grandmother would explode if we didn't do the Seven Fishes.

Terry- Super cute puppy name! How come the puppy has two names? I never understood why dog trainers did that.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to DNA301

Good morning!

Terry- I saw a Havernese (spelling not right) pup yesterday. He belongs to a teacher friend of mine. We went to lunch yesterday and when I went to pick her up got to see the dog. His name is Charley. What a darling breed. I want one.
Love the name you chose.
Yes, I had a great time with my cousin making apricot rolls. I didn't put enough apricot in mine though.

What is 'Seven Fishes?'

Anna- I think switching the food up sounds delightful!
I'm so happy for you that Brit and Shane will be home.
Good luck changing your hair style. I swear mine will only go one way but it can be a little shorter or a little longer. I do like adding color to my hair, it gives it more body. It would be cheaper to go gray, but I'm not ready.............maybe when I'm 80.

Denise- I know you have allergies, but can you take Aire Borne? I swear by that stuff, but you have to start taking it at the first tickle. I was getting a sore throat before we went to Oregon and I took the maximin dose for 4 days and it was gone.

Andrea- hope you are feeling better.

Ashley- Oh it's fun become "those people" ..............

I'm meeting a High School friend at Panera at 9:30. She lives in MO. but one of her sons lives near Rockford. --we've reconnected after many years.

Hope everyone has a nice day.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

hello and good morning

my hole body is hurt me and killing me. my back my legs been hurt me. yesterday at the gym I took it easy seen my hole body was still hurt me. well my husband last night try to make a fishing pole to but on my dad gift that we are make for him. I think I might have to put another coat of white washing the fence for my grandma. I have lots of stuff to do before we leave. I have to go take the truck to get oil change before we head out. we get are new dishwasher tomorrow and Friday a guy come to put in are new dishwasher and take the old one and he keep the old one maybe he can try to fix it again and sell.

cathe- the apricot rolls looks good.

hope everyone has a nice wedensday

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

CI quickly as I need to get ready for the dr appt.

Ashley: the 2 names for the dog: The longer one is the AKC registered name and the "call" name is what you will address the dog as. Just something people do who register dogs.
Denise: hope this cold doesn't turn ugly! You sure don't need that right now.
Cheryl: Wow....I sure hope Karyol feels better sooner rather than later.
Cathe: They sure are a cute breed....can't wait to get ours. But as my BFF said " there goes the trip planning"! Oh well.
Danielle: hoping you the aches and pains gone before you leave.
Anna: I'm thinking I might sell the Nov die.

Gotta run---hope everyone has a great Wed.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

Not at all Anna! Sometimes we do Fajitas for Christmas. This year we are doing steaks for Christmas day and a ham for Christmas Eve.

I'm hosting a New Year's Eve party for the kids and their in-law families. It should be a fun time. We don't drink much so I will have a few beers and hard cider for those that will and then sparking juice for the others. It will be a finger food- type party with a new activity every hour and then confetti poppers and fire works at midnight. We will also do a "midnight somewhere in the world" earlier in the evening for the kids so they can go to bed. I will have a photo booth with props too. We will probably have dominos Mexican Train set up and a few other games set up at card tables. Wish me luck. I've never had a New Year's Eve party. hoping I can fill the time.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Cathe, yes I can do Airborne. I should get some. I feel better so far today. I took Nyquil last night and I take 2 Zyrtec during the day. I did cancel school because I cant talk very loudly and I thought it would strain my voice to teach.

Speaking of school the boys ages 3 and 4 were able to read the following word list on Monday : pat, pet, peg, pal, pig, pod, pop, pot, pit, and the double consonant word putt. Proud of them! At least I know something is seeping into their brains...

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to rockmom

A good afternoon to all.

I met my friend at Panera from 9-10,
Then I did some Christmas shopping.
I came home and wrapped more presents. I'm using more bags this year.

Danielle- Are you working too hard at the gym? You have a lot to do before you get to leave.

Denise- wow!! Good for your Grandsons with their reading!
Your New Years Eve party sounds like fun. What is a domino Mexican train?

Terry- that's one reason we don't have a dog, it's too hard to pick up and go.

Catch you tomorrow. Have a good evening.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Good evening!! My dad took my car and hot my new tires put on for him. It was ready shortly after I got off. I really need to go to the grocery for a few things. We have a very good friend at church that is giving Karyol a lift chair he bought at an auction. My son and dad are going to bring it Saturday while a Karyol is at dislysis.

Denise - Sorry you are not feeling well.

Terry - When do you get to pick up your puppy? My grandson got a beagle puppy for Christmas.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

JCI quickly.

Saw your post about the vertigo and dizziness Terry.

Bucky is in the hospital right now with acute vertigo with lots of throwing up and low heart rate. They had to bring him out of the mine yesterday and take him to ER. I left work to be with him. He was really sick when he got there. He's on several meds by iv but is doing much better tonight. No longer throwing up, heart rate is back up within normal range, but still dealing with some dizziness but nothing severe like yesterday. I hope he will be ready to come home tomorrow.

Our kiddos will be here late Friday night. Thanks for the input on my Christmas menu.

Cheryl, hope Karyol starts to feel better soon.

Hello to all and have a good evening.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Anna C

Hi! Just came back from seeing "Mary Poppins Returns" with my mom and sister. I was surprised that my sister agreed to wear the shirt I bought for her to the movie (my mom is a huge Mary Poppins fan so she wanted us all to have Mary Poppins shirts...I found three different shirts that said "Practically Perfect" on them). The movie was really good...like almost as awesome as the first movie good...and the songs are super catchy. I give it two thumbs up and everyone should see it!

Cathe- The Seven Fishes is this Italian thing that we do on Christmas Eve. We have to have seven different kinds of fish on the table during the meal. I have no idea why this is a thing that we do but my grandmother insists we do it (my grandmother doesn't even actually know why we do it other than "tradition" and other Italian people I've asked can't give me a reason other than "tradition" either).

Terry- I didn't know that. I never understood why show dogs had two names.

Denise- I drew the short straw and have to work 10-6 on New Year's Eve...and then 8-4 on New Year's Day. I'm celebrating in my pajamas LOL! Awesome on your grandsons knowing all those words!

Cheryl- Good luck to your grandson with his beagle puppy! Beagles are SUPER hardheaded and will do what they want, when they want, if they want BUT they're literally the sweetest dogs on the planet. My beagle is an old man now and he's super lazy (mostly motivated by food) but he's love to cuddle.

Anna- I'm sorry to hear about your husband. My mom gets really bad vertigo but she's never been hospitalized for it.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to DNA301

Anna- oh poor Bucky!!! I feel so badly for him.
I hope he can get home today.

Seven Fishes--Oh yuck, I can hardly stand one.............LOL, unless it is really made by a good chef..........and that wouldn't be me.
My fish last night was horrible. We finally decided it was the fish.
It didn't cook up nicely and was tough--probably 'cause I kept putting it back into the oven because it wasn't flaking.
I imagine Seven Fishes comes from the bible.

Rum had a beagle when I met him. We had to take him when his mom moved into an apartment and couldn't have a dog. Topper loved Rum so much---all dogs do. I tell him that he must smell really good.

Ashley sorry you 'drew the short straw' for working over the New Years. ..........at least it isn't Christmas.
Thanks up about Mary Poppins Returns. I couldn't tell from the trailers if it was good or not.

We have the NCR retiree breakfast this morning. Then at 12:25 I'm going to Oakley's little school program. I think they are signing a couple of songs. Casey said it was going to be super short. I bet he sings his little heart out---not like his brother who stands there and doesn't sing at his programs. LOL

Have a nice day everyone.

Edited by scrappin 2 on 12-20-18 05:36 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

hello and good morning

cathe- I haven't gone to the gym seen I been try to get stuff done.

I done my sign for Christmas I just have to touch it up and then tonight is take the stinceil off the board. I need to touch up the fence is white wash it again and my husband put the box that will hold the planter box. hopeful that guy is done with the stuff he was going to do for us on some of the projects and we can strat stain them and make them look old. are dishwasher should be here today and maybe the dishwasher guy can come over and put are new one in for us. my body is still hurt me.tomorrow I have a lot of run around in town like need to go to home depo to buy a box that way we can put in the truck seen we are bring are sleep bags and other stuff then I need to go to the bank.

Anna- sorry to hear about your husband. hope he gets better soon.

hope everyone has a nice thrusday

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

Morning all! I have one more grocery run to do today and I should be good. Taking Steve, who now thinks its his right to go, increases our food bill. Like yesterday he wanted to shop at the upscale food store since they have "better" produce. Yeah, $110 later!!!
Here's what I know of the 7 fishes: It's a Catholic fasting thing on Christmas Eve and mostly known here in the US and southern Italy. What Nonna said (& she came from Sicily) was 7 was God's number & the time it took to get to Bethlehem. We celebrated 12 for the apostles---meaning 12 dishes of fish. Mom was extremely allergic to fish & cooked fish smell so I always stayed home with her until dinner was cleaned up. But Nonna fixed baccala, shrimp, octopus both fried & soup, trout herring, and cod. The treat tho was the "winter spaghetti" which is spaghetti with butter & olive oil. This is not a tradition that I carried with me for several reasons.

Anna: I am terribly sorry to hear that Bucky is in the hospital! How scary for him. My doc asked me if I vomited or any of that which is no. How's his blood pressure? Mine is high and now I have to track it for awhile as well as having an appt with an ear doctor for poss inner ear infection and an appt to have a test done on blockage in the neck arteries. Anyway, I sure hope Bucky is doing better and gets to go home today!!
Ashley: I was wondering what the shirts were. I love yours!!
Cathe: I had to laugh at your description of Oakley & his brother. I've just seen a FB video of this little girl performance and she was dancing and moving and slapping her thigh all the while the other kids were standing still and singing. It was a crack up! I really am not a fan of fish either but hubby keeps pushing it at me.
Cheryl: We get the puppy at the end of January which is fine with me. A puppy during all the xmas hubbub is not something I want.
Danielle: when do you leave for your trip? I agree with Cathe, that maybe you hurt yourself at the gym working out to hard.
Denise: sounds like you have your NY eve party all planned and good to go! Yeah for the boys!

Time to get ready!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

Anna - Sorry Bucky is on the hospital. Hope they get him all fixed up so he can go home tomorrow.

Denise - Hope you are feeling better.

Ashley - Do you all not have a schedule where some work New Years Eve and others on New Year’s Day? It doesn’t seem fair you have to work both!!

Terry - I am glad I can go by myself to the grocery.

Cathe - Hope you enjoyed Oakley’s program.

Danielle - I haven’t been working out either. Too much to do right now.

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to cdjohnson

Good Thursday all!
I am done making cookies.... I think 6 different kinds are enough.. well, I'm still going to make spiced nuts.. but that's it!
My Christmas shopping is finally done... Yesterday morning.. early... like 6AM I remembered I hadn't bought any gifts for Michael's 2 little grand-nieces and nephew.. so on to Amazon I went... and they'll be delivered tomorrow.. I love Amazon!
I just finished buying groceries for Christmas Eve... the girls are cooking it for us.. yeay! I'll just have a couple cookies and maybe a glass of wine with Michael while the girls are in the kitchen...

Anna, I hope Bucky is doing better and was able to go home! One of my sister in laws has vertigo, but I don't think its that severe.
That's so cool your daughter is coming home! My 3 will be here and will all get to meet Michael... FINALLY!

Andrea, I hope you're feeling better! Hopefully after your chiropractor's appointment..

Ashley, that's not fair that you have to work both New Year's Eve AND New Year's Day!

Cathe, how was Oakley's little program? Did he sing his heart out?

Cheryl, I hope Karyol feels better in time for Christmas.

Danielle, I'm sorry your body is hurting! Maybe a nice warm bath would help? Occasionally I take Lavender Epson salt baths.. it works for me!...

Denise, I hope you are feeling better! Hopefully you will be by Christmas! That's so awesome about the kids already reading at that age!... way to go, kids! And your New Year's Eve party sound so fun!... for everyone!

Terry, that's quite a tradition with all the fish... I'll stick with ham..
Are you getting rain and snow? They don't expect tonight's storm to make it all the way down to where I am... but it sure did cloud up this afternoon and get cold!

Have a wonderful day!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Scrapkaty

Christmas sign By Southern Lady

here a sign I made my husband help put the wood toghter.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Abby0317

• Abby0317 Said:
Morning all! I have one more grocery run to do today and I should be good. Taking Steve, who now thinks its his right to go, increases our food bill. Like yesterday he wanted to shop at the upscale food store since they have "better" produce. Yeah, $110 later!!!
Here's what I know of the 7 fishes: It's a Catholic fasting thing on Christmas Eve and mostly known here in the US and southern Italy. What Nonna said (& she came from Sicily) was 7 was God's number & the time it took to get to Bethlehem. We celebrated 12 for the apostles---meaning 12 dishes of fish. Mom was extremely allergic to fish & cooked fish smell so I always stayed home with her until dinner was cleaned up. But Nonna fixed baccala, shrimp, octopus both fried & soup, trout herring, and cod. The treat tho was the "winter spaghetti" which is spaghetti with butter & olive oil. This is not a tradition that I carried with me for several reasons.

Anna: I am terribly sorry to hear that Bucky is in the hospital! How scary for him. My doc asked me if I vomited or any of that which is no. How's his blood pressure? Mine is high and now I have to track it for awhile as well as having an appt with an ear doctor for poss inner ear infection and an appt to have a test done on blockage in the neck arteries. Anyway, I sure hope Bucky is doing better and gets to go home today!!
Ashley: I was wondering what the shirts were. I love yours!!
Cathe: I had to laugh at your description of Oakley & his brother. I've just seen a FB video of this little girl performance and she was dancing and moving and slapping her thigh all the while the other kids were standing still and singing. It was a crack up! I really am not a fan of fish either but hubby keeps pushing it at me.
Cheryl: We get the puppy at the end of January which is fine with me. A puppy during all the xmas hubbub is not something I want.
Danielle: when do you leave for your trip? I agree with Cathe, that maybe you hurt yourself at the gym working out to hard.
Denise: sounds like you have your NY eve party all planned and good to go! Yeah for the boys!

Time to get ready!

we are leave Saturday for are trip hope the weather will be well head down there

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

good morning!

Oakley was so cute as his Christmas program..........and yes they sang Christmas songs, ---no churchy songs,but they sang about 4 songs including Felis Navida. (can't spell it this early in the morning)
He knew all the words and actions.
I video taped some of it but won't put it on FB.

Terry- I figured 7 fishes was a Catholic thing. LOL

Rum ended up going to the grocery store with me yesterday. I don't like going with him. We went after the NCR breakfast and I had limited time to get the ham, turkey breast and a few other things. I had to be at Oakley's school at 12:25.
Last night Rum says, something like..........I sure don't like shopping that way, I couldn't look at all the things I wanted to.
We had two cars, he could have stayed. LOL and NO he doesn't go to the kids' school things, which makes me slightly sad. He'll be sorry one day.

Got word yesterday about 1:00 that my brother was in grave condition. I haven't heard if he made it through the night or not. I just don't want him to suffer. No one wants that for anyone.
I feel so, so sorry for my sister in law and the girls.

and today is my DIL's birthday. Tomorrow is Nev's.
It's hard feeling sad and joyous all at the same time.

Anna- hope Bucky feels better and can go home. --or he is there.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

hello and good morning

well the dishwasher all ready installed and it work I try it out last night. well we did some of the projects like stain some of the stuff last night. my back still hurt me I think I take a hot bath tonight and see if that helps. well today going to see if I can take the truck in to get a oil change and do some earns Ineed to do and the bank. tonight is get everything in the truck and ready to head out tomorrow morning I just hope fil wakes up and get ready because it takes him awhile and we want to get on the road early Saturday that way we can get to my husband aunt house before it get to dark outside at night. I talk to my mom yesterday little bit.

hope everyone has a nice Friday if I am not on here hope everyone has a great Christmas.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Cathe, hope you can find some peace.

Anna, how is your hubby. That must be so awful feeling that way!

Andrea, how are you?

Cheryl, a lift chair is great! Hope it helps your hubby.

My verdict at the dr. The good news is its not flu. The bad news is double ear infection, sinus infection and tonsils inflamed. Hope the z pack knocks it out. Along with 2 cough meds and a steroid nasal spray. They couldn't give me a steroid shot because the were all out! My appt was at 315 and I didn't get out until 520. That was a long wait. Dr had to set some broken fingers. I'll take the ear infection over broken fingers. Yikes

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to rockmom

Morning all---my big plans for today is to go get a pedicure. It's time!

Anna: how is Bucky doing today? Did the low heart rate cause the vertigo? or vice versa?
Ashley: what's happening with Thorongil?
Cathe: Oh my---I'm so sad for you and your family. First it isn't the time of year to have devastating situations and yet I'm sure no one wants Mark to suffer any longer either. It's perfectly fine to want to laugh & cry. I think that's why the Irish have wakes! Well, that and to drink....
Cheryl: how awesome about the chair....great idea!
Danielle: I have back issues at times and what does me good is heat constantly---like those Therma patches or Bio-Freeze.
Denise: Holy cow....double ear infection? owwww! Did you see the photos of Anacortes yesterday that I Fb linked to you?

I'm coloring right now just to clear the head and have some fun time. I swear I'm going to start LOs and get my sons albums done in 2019. I need to use this box of 1000 papers up!
Anyone thinking of resolutions yet? hehehehe......

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

I just got a text from Cathe that her brother passed away. Please keep her and the family in your prayers.

I am off until 12/26 and hope to get some scrapping done while I am off.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! Happy Ugly Holiday Sweater Day...ironically, we had an ugly sweater party at Girl Scouts tonight without actually knowing that fact ahead of time. I didn't really wear an ugly sweater. I just wore my gray "Ralph Breaks the Internet" shirt that says "Just Let it Go" with snowflakes and a Santa Mickey Hat. We had about four or five kids actually make their own ugly sweaters...three cousins actually put lights in their shirts! One of the girls totally surprised my mom and I by getting us tickets to "Hamilton"...like the Broadway show! Her mom is head of the Stagehands Union and got them at a discounted price...but like WOAH!

Cathe- Unless it's tuna out of can, I DO NOT like fish at all ever! I wind up having, what my sister calls, "the sad spaghetti"...plain spaghetti with nothing on it.

Terry- Thorongil and Stitch came to Girl Scouts tonight and made friends with all the kids. The younger girls were freaked out by the fact I had an "Elf on the Shelf" that I let people touch.

Cheryl- For reasons I don't understand, my hospital doesn't count New Year's Eve as a holiday so needs a full staff in all the labs but New Year's Day IS a holiday so the lab only needs six people. The same goes for Christmas...Christmas Eve ISN'T a holiday but Christmas Day is.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to DNA301

Thanks Cheryl for letting everyone know about Mark.
Being Christmas makes his passing even worse..........well not really, but I feel so sorry for his family. Thank heavens his passing wasn't on Christmas itself.
My SIL and the girls aren't going to do anything until Spring. Then we are all going to the beach and spread his ashes........don't know if that is legal, but I'm sure people do it all the time.

Danielle- if you see this, have a Merry Christmas and safe travels.

Denise- ouch-double ear infection. Hope you are better by Christmas Day.

Ashley- how funny that the party turned into an 'ugly sweater' party. Tickets to Hamilton??? Wow!!! I saw it last.............whenever it was. It is really good. ---not my all time favorite tho', that would be Ragtime. Carole and I try to go to one play a year in Chicago.
I didn't think you were supposed to touch the Elf on the Shelf??

Anna- sure hope Bucky is feeling better.

Cheryl- hoping the same for Karyol. I know tho' that you said it might take a few weeks for the dialysis to make him feel better.
How's Maddie and Brayden doing with the new puppy?

We have our Christmas party tonight with my sis and her family and my brother Rick and his wife Lynette will be up from Bloomington, Il. I'm sure we will be emotional when seeing each other.
Terry- I think I'd take up drinking, but then who would drive??? LOL
Plus wine makes my tummy hurt and I hate beer. LOL

Have a nice weekend everyone.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Ashley - That is a nice Christmas present for you and your mom.

Cathe - I agree that some passing away near the holidays always seems a little more sad. I guess because we think of happiness around the holidays.

Denise - Hope you are starting to feel better.

I made my Peppermint Candy Cake today, got Karyol’s left chair here while he was at dialysis, visited a friend at the nursing home, fixed supper and cleaned the kitchen. Oh yeah I also washed and dried Karyol’s blankets he keeps in his chair with him too. I am pooped!!!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning sweet friends!

Bucky is home from the hospital and Brittany and Shane are here safe and sound! It is nice to have everyone home. And having my kiddos here sure makes our Christmas!

For those of you that saw my post on FB wishing my parents a happy anniversary today Dec 23…..I need to clarify that they were married five years before I came along…..on Dec 24.

Andrea, how is your back doing? I hope you are able to enjoy the holidays.

Ashley, sounds like you all had a good time at the movies. I can’t remember the last time we went to the movies! Seven Fishes….no way that would ever go over in my household. None of us like fish well enough to do something like that.

Cathe, I am so sorry about the loss of your brother. A death is hard at any time but it does seem harder during the holidays. Sounds like little Oakley had a great performance! By the way, did you get my Christmas card?

Cheryl, how is Karyol doing? And how is the new dog doing with the grands? The lift chair will make sure a difference for him. My grandfather had one and it sure helped him. Enjoy your time off. I’m off until the 26th also. Your cake looks delicious!

Danielle, I hope you are having a wonderful time with your family. Love the sign you made! How is your back feeling after the trip to Vegas?

Denise, I wanna come to your New Year’s Eve party!!! It sounds like so much fun! We had several party invites this weekend but we have decided not to go. Bucky isn’t up for it. He can’t handle a lot of movement and noise right now. I hope you are feeling better by now. Sounds like you have been pretty sick. I hope you are feeling better.

Terry, Bucky has been very sick with his vertigo. He was not able to even open his eyes with spinning; vomitting, couldn’t stand or walk, very weak from it. His bp was up and his heart rate was too low. They are saying it is inner ear related. He is home now and on various meds. I have to take him back to the dr in the morning. I never dreamed the doctor’s office would be open on Christmas Eve!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas!

Edited by Anna C on 12-23-18 08:24 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Can't believe it's almost 5:30 and I'm just getting in here.
It's been a busy two days.

Anna- Happy Birthday tomorrow...............or I imagine you might not read this till morning so.
So happy for you that Britt and Shane are with you.
Hope Bucky feels better.

Cheryl- You accomplished a lot today!
Glad Karyol likes his chair.

Our Christmas party with my sister, her entire family-10 all together, my entire family -11, and my brother Rick and his wife Lynette were all there.
Jean and I paid to have dinner catered from our favorite Mexican restaurant.
The gift exchange was fun---Yankee swap or whatever it is called in your region---you know first person picks a gift from the pile and unwraps, second person can either take that gift from the first person or take a new one. etc.
the men did a beer exchange this year
We women did a lot of "taking" this year which made it more fun. Usually were are too nice and if we know someone really likes their gift, we don't take it. .......not this year. LOL
The OPI pack of nail polish was the hot gift. (not for me, but all the others)

Thankfully I brought left overs home for dinner tonight.

Catch you tomorrow, those who are around.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Anna - Karyol is tolerating dialysis ok. He still doesn’t feel well. The grandkids are loving the beagle.

I had Zoey and Zeke here today from 6:30 to 4. I took a nap after they left. I will probably watch football and crochet tonight.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Just checking to make sure everyone on the list got a card from me. I mailed them on the 11th. I saw comments from Cheryl, Danielle, Terry, and Denise so I know they did. What about Cathe, Ashley, Andrea, Jeannie, and Katy?

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Good morning!! I have to take Karyol to dialysis today. I may or may not go shopping. I don’t really feel like it but maybe it would cheer me up. I have money to spend my uncle gave me for Christmas.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANNA!!!!!!!!!!! Hoping you have a joyous day....

I spent yesterday finishing the wrapping which was minor. I used the cricut to cut out 1, 2, & 3 for Steve's boxes. First one is empty except for a note saying Nuthin (but I wouldn' do that), the #2 box has a toy pistol in it with the words NOPE and the #3 box has the gift cert to the sports store so he can buy and pick out his own gun. Kind of a prank but fun! I did the Nuthin cause that is always (for 45 yrs) what he says he wants for Christmas. Then the rest of the day I made meatballs, sausage, sauce, and the lemon cream cake. Now its cleaning and making the manicotti.
Anna: I hope Bucky feels well enough to enjoy the holidays especially with Britt & Shane being there. I've seen all the hairstyles & the gorgeous dye jobs. Have you picked one yet?
Ashley: who cooks the 7 fishes at your house? I love traditions and what they mean but that is truly one I never did like. But if it makes Nonna happy, right? What a gift! My BFF bought tickets to the Lion King for my birthday present and we go Jan 12th. Can't wait!
Cathe: your family gathering sounds like so much fun! That's what I truly miss this time of year when all the aunts, uncles, cousins all gathered at the grandparents house. No gift exchanges except to Grandma & Grandpa but it was soooo fun.
Cheryl: does sound like a day to feel pooped! I feel so bad that Karyol isn't feeling better with the dialysis. I bet the kids are just loving their new puppy! We won't get ours til the end of January.
Danielle: if you check in I hope you are having a great time in CA.
Denise: I'm with Anna, I'm coming to your house NY eve!! We are doing nothing again....he refuses to go out for safety sake and then he's asleep by 8PM. Party poop!
Katy: hope all is well and that the girls have gotten there!
I'll ci early tomorrow since things won't happen here til 2-ish. Have a festive Christmas Eve!!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Abby0317

Happy Birthday Anna!!!

Anna- I DID get your card. I thought I told you because I remember that I wanted to type how intrigue (sp?) it was and how it reminded me of the stamps I saw in Door Co, Wis at a stamp store--either you missed it or I wrote it about someone else's card and thought I was writing to you. Plus I can't spell intricate. ---oh I think I just finally remembered how!!
anyway I was blown away by your beautiful card. Thank YOu!

I'm all done. I have nothing to do!!
Of course there are things rattling around in my head that I could do. Wish I had made some meatballs or just bought frozen ones.

Cheryl- Hope some shopping cheered you up. It's hard getting into the spirit when a loved one is sick. Plus you had your Christmas so early with your little ones.

Have a great couple of days everyone.
Merry Christmas!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Cathe - I went to Kohl’s. I bought 2 sweaters, a blanket scarf, and a tee-shirt. I still have money left!! It helped some but Karyol is in a cranky mood today. I made a homemade pie crust for my Japanese Fruit Pie. I also made Oriental Coleslaw. I will bake the ham tomorrow.

Anna - Forgot to say Happy Birthday earlier!! 🎂

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Here is a pocket letter I made for a swap this month. I did both sides.

December PL for Laura By Cdjohnson

December PL for Laura By Cdjohnson

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

No I dont remember a link Terry. Resend it?

Charge, sorry about your brother. It is so hard. Hugs

I am some better but run down . Energy is very low. I've forced myself to do what I need to do. Still hoarse and occasionally I have coughing fits. Took the last of the z pack before bed.

Happy birthday Anna!!!!!!

Merry Christmas to all!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to rockmom

Merry Christmas to All!!

One goal- to learn to embed images like Anna does!

We had so much fun last night. No one was sick.
At the last minute I bought Oakley a plastic egg (Jurassic park brand) that was about 10 inches high. --a dinosaur "hatches' out of it. He LOVED it and played with it all night.

On to more Christmas later in the day.

Have a great day! and Merry Christmas again!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Merry Christmas 🎄 🎄

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to cdjohnson

Merry Christmas to all of you and your loved ones.. I hope your day is full of fun, love, laughter, and good food!

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Scrapkaty

Ditto what my sis said. I hope you all are enjoying yourselves as much as I am. I have both girls and my son in law here and we will be having a nice dinner with friends later. I got tofeel my grandson kick..little Aspen Wilder. So that brought happy tears.
I have all my beautiful cards from you all around my little Christmas tree..all so lovely. Thanks so much.
Merry Christmas

Edited by dollscrap on 12-25-18 01:05 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to cdjohnson

Merry Christmas---going to bed but I'll bbl....hope everyone had a fantastic day.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Abby0317

Well it's all over except the clean up.
I sure hope everyone had a great time.
Denise hope you felt well enough to enjoy yourself.
Cheryl hope you found something to do to comfort yourself.
Anna- Hope Bucky felt well enough to enjoy the Britt and Shane being there.

It's always so hard to believe when it is over.

I need to get out and buy wrapping paper, but I'm not moving too quickly.

Jeannie- How fun that you got to feel the baby kick.zit is emotional when your child pregnant with a child. I like the name they chose. Is Wilder the last name or middle?

BBL -Have a great day.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

I'm back but not good this morning. Spent the night hung over the toilet being sick as a dog. Still off this morning but hoping things will stay down. And all I'm doing today is emptying the dw and doing another load. Period.
I do so hope each & every one of you had a lovely day with your families. I sure did...my surprise was that the two boys, PJ & Pete didn't have to work and came for day. Haven't seen PJ in 18 mo! I was happy!!
Emma who was here 2 days ago to help me make manicotti told me that my son & her mom, Pina will be getting divorced asap. You sure couldn't tell it from yesterday. It's a long sad story but if they all come out of it happier then that's what should happen. Neither of them know that we know and I won't rat out Emma!
Andrea: hope your back was healed enough for you to enjoy the holidays
Anna: Thanks for the comment on FB! I wish Pina hadn't posted that photo. I'm not that fat!!! My shirt was wonky.... How is Bucky feeling?
Ashley: How was your xmas?
Cathe: I adored the Christmas photos you posted! The one of your DGS in the silver-y blanket is awesome!
Cheryl: Is something wrong? I'm pulling this from Cathe's comment about comforting yourself. I sure hope all is ok....!
Danielle: I bet you are enjoying CA
Denise: I loved the FB photo of your kids holding up Cooper & Sadie. Awesome idea for a photo!!
Katy: so how was the day with Michael & the girls?
Jeannie: what a special treat at Christmas to get to feel your first grandchild kicking! I cannot imagine your joy!

I also have to figure out how my smart watch works today. And maybe spend some money over at Amazon...hmmm....

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Abby0317

Terry- sorry to hear you ended the holiday so sick. uGG!!
How old is Emma?
It was fun seeing your family.
That is Van in the photo with the blanket.

I figured not many would be in here today. It still seems like a holiday.

I did go out and got wrapping paper at Target. Then went into Home Goods to make a return and bought a few more rolls there. I was real good and didn't buy any other tempting Christmas items that I really didn't need.......but I would have bought those battery operated candles if they had had what I wanted. Then on a whimp I stopped in Kirkland's to see if they had any..........they weren't on sale and I didn't like them anyway.
I liked the ones I found at Bed, Bath but they were 20 bucks for one on sale!!!

I went with Rum to buy a closet organizer at Menards.
I bet there will be a lot of swearing (on his part) with this project.
............and where will I put all his clothes while he works on this?????? Heaven help me.

We have nothing for supper. When we were in town I suggested we pick up a steak but he said he wasn't hungry and couldn't think of food. So now we have nothing. GRRRR! I would have insisted we stop at the meat market or grocery store, but I don't know what I would have bought if I walked in there.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Terry - Let’s just say I didn’t have a very good Christmas. Several different reasons why that was the case.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Cheryl, hang in there. Hugs.

Terry, ugh. Sorry you were so sick. Never fun. Feel better.

I am better thanks to that antibiotic I kept going. I'm crashing now. So tired. I did a marathon take down Christmas today. It was raining most of the day and I wanted to be free to take the girls and get photos Friday when its nicer outside. DD had to work today but is off tomorrow and Friday. Then we have our new years eve party on Monday. I need to get the food planned and contact everyone. Saturday and or Sunday I've got to shop
and clean. So that just leaves today and tomorrow to get the Christmas down and stored.

Jeannie, so exciting to feel the baby! ...and that name is awesome!

Andrea, how are you?

Danielle, are you having a great time?

Ashley did you work over Christmas?

Katy, hello.

Anna, hope your Christmas was happy.

Cathe, did you have a house full?

...DH and mom.got me a new camera body. A Nikon D7200. It's supposed to be an amazing camera. I cant wait to try it!!

I bought myself a Happy Planner. I dont plan on doing much in the way of decorating but I sure need a place to write down ideas and keep track of appointments, things I've got to do, etc. I hope to meal plan in it too.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to rockmom

Merry Belated Christmas! I worked Christmas Eve AND Christmas Day...it was actually slow both days which was a good and a bad thing. It meant the day was easy but it took forever to get to 4PM! Christmas Day wasn't good here...I mean, it was alright but I didn't have a good day. I had a very bad panic attack before work and that sucked my batteries dry for the rest of the day. I even texted my mom to tell her not to wrap or pack my gifts because I didn't want to open them (she did it anyway). I got books and a bunch of new t-shirts and some movies and new markers LOL!

Cathe- I'm unsure if Hamilton will take the number one spot on my top five favorite plays (My all time favorite play is Pippin...the revival with Patina Miller...nothing has managed to top that play yet. After Pippin, it would be Frozen, The Lion King, The River, and Wicked.)

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to DNA301

Good morning!

It is pouring rain here. I'd rather have snow.

Cheryl- so sorry you didn't have a nice Christmas and didn't get to your Aunt's home. Hopefully next year will be different and Karyol will feel better.

Denise- what a wonderful gift!! and I take it you were surprised?

Ashley - so sorry you had a panic attack right before work. did you and your fiance exchange gifts?

Of course my favorite gathering is on Christmas Eve when my kids and Grandkids are here. There are 11 of us for dinner. Rum's sister Rose was here too. The kids loved the scavenger hunt. Oakley's little gift found by the last clue, was the card game, Uno with dinosaur pictures on the cards. He was so excited. We all played for awhile. Then we played the game, PIT, and Doug always joins in with the kids and makes it really fun.

Andrea- hope you are in less pain now with some PT under your belt.

Katy- Hope the girls liked Michael.

Danielle- so glad that you could get to your family and enjoy those babies. I think you had better rest!

Jeannie- Are your girls still with you?

Anna- How is Bucky doing? Did Britt and Shane have to leave already?

Terry- who are PJ and Pete?

Guess I will go get busy.--I think I'll go make some cards.
Have a nice day.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Good afternoon!

Glad you all had a wonderful Christmas. Cheryl, I'm sorry yours wasn't as nice as you would have liked it to be.

Thanks for the birthday wishes and well wishes for Bucky. We spent the 24th at the hospital for more tests and an MRI and lots of blood work Go back to the doctor tomorrow. Overall, he felt pretty good most of the time. My dd and dsil left yesterday.

Terry, sorry you were so sick. I hope you are all recovered by now. So sorry about your son and his wife divorcing.

Denise, glad that are feeling better now.

Cathe, sounds like your scavenger hunt was a hit! Get that closed organized?

Have a great afternoon!

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to Anna C

CI quickly--- I'm still in my robe and need to shower too. It's 2PM and we leave for a dinner date Steve made in 90 min. I'm not thrilled about going but I don't have a choice.
Anna: Glad Bucky felt pretty well for the holidays.
Ashley: sorry you had such a bad attack! And about having to work too.
Cathe: Pete & PJ are my DIL sons from Thailand along with the oldest, Peem, who just got married in Oct. Emma is 14.
Cheryl: I'm sorry if I got too nosey...didn't mean to.
Danielle: saw that you are now in Vegas so you must be on the way home.
Denise: Holy cow what a gift!!! Can't wait to hear what you think of it. sounds like busy time for you.

I spent this morning finding a fitness/smart watch so that I can convince myself to get healthy. And then I upgraded by Iphone from 5S to 8 Plus. The whole thing was pretty frustrating....too much technology!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

Terry - You were not too nosy just too much to type to explain why my Christmas was not fun. Why don’t you want to go for your dinner date?

Anna - Glad Bucky is some better.

Ashley - I know what you mean about slow being good and yet bad time wise.

Denise - Sounds like you are doing better.

Cathe - Did you get cards made?

I am not sure what I want to work on tonight.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! A power transformer blew up and all the lights in my area went dark for a while...the sky turned daylight bright and started flashing colors. They actually had to make an announcement that it wasn't aliens! I'm hoping we have power in the morning so the tram and stoplights are running.

Cathe- Yes, Joe and I exchanged gifts on Christmas Eve (since he was over). I got him some video games and he got me some Disney things.

Terry- I had that problem last year setting up my dad's Fitbit LOL! I usually get called in when tech stuff needs to be set up.

Cheryl- I'm working the third floor stat lab and we're having the time problem down there. It's slow which is fine but it makes the day drag (especially since I'm the 10-6 person).

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to DNA301

Good morning!

Guess we are all back to the ho-hum days after Christmas..................except for Denise who is going to party-hardy on the 31st.

Ashley- I bet everyone was on edge with that transformer blowing up.

Terry- I had the Iphone 4 and upgraded to the 8. I wish I had gotten the Plus. I really don't see much difference from the 5 to the 8, but then I'm sure I'm not utilizing everything.
Hope dinner ended up being delicious especially since you didn't want to go.

Cheryl- I didn't get any cards made.

Anna- it's nice to hear that Bucky felt well enough to enjoy Britt and Shane's visit.

Hi to all. Have a nice day.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

Morning! It is laundry day and it will take all day to do!
The dinner last night was very yummy---! My problem with this woman is that when I was going thru cancer, chemo, etc my hubby turned to her for advice and solace. It made me angry as well as disliking her immensely. That's a very hard thing to forgive and forget. So I bite my tongue and go along just so we don't have another major fight over her cause Steve will defend her to the end. And that she married one of his closest friends irks me.

Anna: Are you going to highlight your hair? Can't wait to see what you do!
Ashley: wow, when a transformer blows there sure is a light show! Did something fall on the lines?
Cathe: it sure is the ho-hums after xmas! Its dark & gray & cloudy & cold here! What cracks me up about this new phone is that ATT is now sending someone out to the house with the new phone and some accessories to set it all up for me. After dealing with cells phones for 25 yrs they now think I need help? Crazy!!
Cheryl: I am sorry you had a bad Christmas! Hope it all gets better for you soon! Are you off until NY?
Hi Denise, Danielle, Katy, & Jeannie!!!

off to sort clothes....

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Abby0317

It is so cold here today!
We got used to 40 degrees and sunny.
We had snow flurries all day that didn't amount to much.

I had to pump gas. Sure made me wish I was in Oregon where you don't pump your own.

Do any of you have the luxury of having someone pump your gas?

Terry- I don't think I'd trust that "friend".
So ATT&T is going to help set up your phone??? Wow, they sure must want to get ahead in the market.
Att&T doesn't have good reception here.
It is nice that your dinner was yummy.

I met my bff Carole at the mall. We were only there a short while. She had an exhange at Macy's and Talbott's. Then we went to lunch at our favorite diner.
I then ran out to Casey's to feed the fish.
Stopped at Woodman's for some groceries.
Went into town to get gas at Sam's.
Stopped at another grocery store for meat.
All that in and out made me really cold.
Got home and Rum said "oh the dog has been looking for you, he wants a walk". So I added more clothing and found my boots and walked the dog with Rum. My feet are still cold.

.....all that grocery shopping and still don't know what to have for dinner.

see ya all in the morning.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Good evening!!

Terry - Yes another long weekend for me. I go back on the 2nd. I hope to get some scrapping time in.

I started working on the back bedroom that Zoey sleeps in. I cleaned out the closet. My son had clothes stored in there. If he doesn’t want them, they are on the way out to the garage.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! We didn't lose power overnight or anything they said might happen. I woke up to a Facebook feed full of people posting about aliens and super heroes and all kinds of other wacky stuff related to the transformer blowing up. It was a nice thing to wake up to because it was gross and rainy here today and I needed something silly like that.

Terry- I don't think they know why it blew. However, the NYPD did release a press release that said it "wasn't aliens" LOL!

Cathe- We had rain here....lots of rain...but no snow. I'll take the rain over snow!

Cheryl- Enjoy your long weekend! I'm off the weekend and then work the rest of next week. I'm not sure when my next long weekend is LOL!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to DNA301

[image][/image]

Edited by Anna C on 12-29-18 05:53 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

Good morning and Happy Saturday!

Took Bucky back to the doctor yesterday. White blood count is still way too high. Still dealing with dizziness but it is much better than a week ago. Off for another week.

Andrea, hope your back is doing better by now.

Ashley, hope you are doing better by now. Those transformers can really put on a light show. They really made an announcement that it wasn’t aliens???? We had lots of rain yesterday and wind too.

Cathe, definitely the ho hum after Christmas. Still need to finish packing up. I’m ready for summer!!! No gas attendants here. Used to. Everything is prepay and self serve. I usually get my gas at the same place each time and depending on who is working I can pump then go in and pay. Just depends on if the cashier knows you or not.

Cheryl, enjoy your time off. I things are going better for you.

Danielle, safe travels!

Denise, such an awesome gift. I guess you are busy getting ready for your party! I know it will be a ton of fun.

Terry, yes, I think I am going to do a highlight all over and new cut, probably a short one. I’m ready for something different; may regret it, but hair grows back. I emailed a new stylist for an appointment but I have not heard back yet. I think they are closed until Jan 2. I’ve pinned a punch of styles and colors as you’ve noticed. I feel like I am in a rut with my current stylist that I have had for years. What kind of fitness watch did you get? I’m still using the 7 iphone. Have had it several years and won’t upgrade until I have to. But when I do upgrade, I am going to the bigger screen. It would be very hard for me not to resent that lady that Steve confided in if I were in your shoes. I’m with Cathe, not sure I would trust that “friend.”

Have a great day ladies!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

I failed to mention in my previous post....

I will have the January thread up on Monday morning and a link here to it.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Good morning!! I am having my coffee before I start tackling cleaning out the rest back bedroom. That is my project for today.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

good morning!!

Anna- that is a pretty Saturday greeting. Thank you.
I've run across your pins for short hair.
I look at them closely to see if my hair would go like the photo.
Then I realize my hair stylist does cut my hair similar. It looks like some of those styles when I come out of the salon. My trouble is I can't get my hair to look like it again. LOL

Anna- put me down for March for moving the thread. Since that is my birthday month, maybe I'll remember.

Ashley- I think it is hilarious that officials had to assure people that aliens hadn't taken over. Yet if I lived in NYC I'm sure the least unusual glow would make me very nervous.

Andrea- how is the back? Have the kids gone snowboarding/skiing?

Terry- will you go see your new pup before you actually take custody? Is he far away?
---our granddog is barking as of right now, I don't know at what.
He's such a sweetheart, but he is aging, he's 11. The family will be devastated when he is gone. I think Van was one years old when they adopted Ozzie.

Cheryl- I have Casey and Doug's letter jackets from High School. What to do with THEM???????? They have their names on them so I can't donate them. Of course I have other stuff that needs to GO! Good luck cleaning that closet.

Danielle- must be having fun with the relatives and those cute nephews. I don't remember when she was returning.

Denise- my kids are in TX. ---near Dallas. I hear you are supposed to get unseasonably cold weather???
How are the New Year Eve plans coming along?
Bless you for doing that.

Hello Katy and Jeannie. Hope to hear from you soon.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

Had another one of those sleepless nights so I have no energy at all. Guy is coming over to deliver the phone, try to sell me more ATT/iPhone stuff, and supposedly set the phone up. Glorified sales call is all this is going to be!
Anna: I have a friend who is a stylist (35+ yrs) and boy is she pushy as a stylist. She knows best what style a customer needs. I'd never ever go to her!! Can't wait to see what you get. Thanks for the Saturday photo! Glad Bucky is better and hope they find out why his cell count is high.
Ashley: I read several sites yesterday about the light show and all of them mentioned that the cops had to field alien calls!! Cracks me up!
Cathe: I meant to thank you too for the Stampin Up catalog! Right now I'm not looking but that doesn't mean I wont next week!!! The pup is about 65 mi north of me and probably won't go up there until we pick her up. I'll add you to March! and thank you!
Cheryl: When I was cleaning various areas and came across my sons' stuff I usually just gave it to them and let them know it was now their responsibility to toss or keep. Took that decision out of my hands! Especially with Star Wars toys and baseball/football cards.
Danielle have a safe trip home.
Denise: feeling better yet?

Off to get ready....

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

Hello.

Busy here with daughter Mandy and the girls. Took them for Cara's 10th birthday photo shoot yesterday. Need to edit those images.

I send Katie and Mandy to buy food for the week and for the party yesterday. We need to go back and get a few things and I need some platters. Mine are all Christmas or Thanksgiving themed. Did not realize that till today. Also need to exchange the red converse I got for Cooper, he went from an 8 to a 10, skipped the 9s all together. The cowboy boots his other side of the family got him were 9s too. They need exchanging as well.

Terry, gee that would irk me too! Not sure i'd be big enough to let it go.

Cathe, the party plans are coming along. I need to finish them today.

Am I better? Truthfully, no. Coughing, stuffy and headache. I keep going but I am afraid it's not a good thing to do but what else am I supposed to do? Moms have to keep going or nothing gets done, right? ...or they fall apart and the house gets trashed, no one cleans up after themselves. I kinda barked at everyone in general yesterday but it did no good. Sigh

I am sitting in my room with the door shut before I go to the store again. Quiet, no chaos... anyone else do that? I need peace and quiet, not really a hubbub kind of person.

Ashley, I saw on the news the Queens ConEd power plant light show. Wow I worried about your family and power. Happy to hear all is well. That blue light was eerily creappy. Not surprised people thought it was aliens.

Cheryl, I like do a kitchen cabinet purge on New Years Day. I've done it for years. I guess it started because I dont Luke watching all the fb games. Lol Did you finish your closets?

Take care.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to rockmom

Good morning!

It was a beautiful day here yesterday, got out and visited with family all day and didn't get a thing done at home. I hope to be more productive after church.

Denise, are you going to feel like doing a cabinet purge on 1/1 after partying all night on 12/31?

Have a great day ladies!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Good morning!!

Denise- oh I sure do understand peace and quiet.
I'm not much into football either. I'll watch a little bit, although it seems I am watching more of it.
I cringe when those young boys are getting flung to the ground or roll on their necks.
You might have to "bark" some more, in order to get help. At least you didn't have to grocery shop.

Anna- I always say that people are more important than cleaning and picking up. I bet the relatives were happy to see you.

Terry- was the AT&T guy helpful???

I hope to scrap or make cards today...............still haven't gotten anything done and I've said that for 3 days in a row!

Have a nice day everyone.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Good morning!! Church and out to eat and then probably a nap today.

Denise - Yes, the closet is finished. Zoey was impressed when she saw it!! I also got ridiculous my treadmill and old chair that was in that room. I ended up calling my son for help as I got the treadmill stuck in the doorway to the bedroom. He had it under control in about 10 minutes. Then, he got onto me for taking the chair out of the room by myself. I to,d him that a I am not that old YET!!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to cdjohnson

Hello
I am back from are trip. I had fun trip with out fil for awhile. Had fun with my nephews and they love the gift i got them. My brother boy love the gift I got him he didn’t want to open the other gifts. Well when we pick fil at my husband step brother house Wednesday and then head to the house and clean the outside of house and the garage. My husband step brother could have done this. My husband took me out to rio casino for dinner and went to this place call global winter wornderland. Friday we head to my husband house and spend the night. Saturday we head back fil was paint the butt. We stop somewhere and he takes forever and we want to leave and my husband has to go find him because we want to get home before it get ice. Hepainin butt sometimes. He brings stuff from his house and I have no room for his stuff my grage. I am give him one year with us and then he move to somewhere. Sorry I have to rant little bit.

Hope everyone is doing good and have a nice new years

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Danielle - Saw all your great photos on FB. Sorry your FiL is a pain sometimes.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Welcome back Danielle!

Here is the January link.

https://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?fid/235/...

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics