Page 1 of 4 
Username Post: 2019 Volume Challenge        (Topic#1675349)
Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy

It's back due to popular demand. Janet originally hosted this challenged for a number of years prior to 2013 when I took over.

Here's the challenge:

1. State how many layouts OR cards OR mini-albums OR whatever you want to get done this year. PICK ONLY ONE!!!! You decide what you want to accomplish and what counts towards your goal. )Tell me which one you want to count but you can add other goals to your signature. PLEASE PROVIDE ONLY ONE OVERALL TYPE FOR HERE AND ONLY POST THOSE TO THE THREAD - makes it easier to keep up to date leaving love.
2. Report monthly how many you have done AND your total count for the year IN YOUR SIGNATURE - I won't be updating the front page most likely as we go - just initial signup.
Example: 50/100 layouts - 50%
3. (If desired) Post your layouts, cards, albums/projects for us to leave love or you - but please no more than 5 at a time.
4. Please try to leave some love on other's projects. It is not necessary to leave love on EVERY item posted, but at least sprinkle a little here and there every month.

We're on the honour system here. I'm not requiring EVERY layout is uploaded or a special album or anything like that. As long as you're enjoying your scrapping and working towards your goal, we're all winners anyway!

Please note - I will not be around a lot, especially in the first few months of the year, but the thread runs itself. If you have a question, just ask, and someone will help - many here are old hats at this thread.

========================= ===============

Monthly end percentage goals (as a Guideline only)

January 8%
February 17%
March 25%
April 33%
May 42%
June 50%
July 58%
August 67%
September 75%
October 83%
November 92%
December 100%

Edited by Ladybing Tammy on 01-03-19 12:02 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Participants

Tammy - 52 layouts
Henri - 700 layouts
ppilgrim - 120 Christmas cards by November
Char - 160 Christmas cards by November
Deb - 52 Layouts
Janeen - 160 Layouts
Amanda - 250 Layouts
Carol - 152 Layouts
Terri - 150 Layouts
Connie - 400 Layouts
Bev - TBD Layouts
Toni - 104 Layouts
Susi - 150 Layouts
Elizabeth - 12 Layouts
Lisa - 150 Layouts
Blanca - 52Layouts
Julie - 365 Layouts
Kayla - 52 Layouts
Deborah - 100 Layouts
Teresa - 365 Layouts
Maria - 52 Layouts
Sonja - 24 Layouts
Karina - 200Layouts

Edited by Ladybing Tammy on 02-22-19 12:55 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

HI Tammy - so excited you are doing this again, and we will be thrilled to see you whenever you pop in.

My personal goal will be 700 layouts. Last year I exceeded it but this year, I don't know yet how many trips there will be or how much there will be to trip so I will work hard to meet it. Bill just may have to take me on more vacations.

ppilgrim
Idol
ppilgrim
In response to Henri Jean

700 layouts! OK, I'll just pretend I didn't see that and stop hyperventilating right now.

I need to make 120 Christmas cards this year, to donate to the local libray's silent auction fund-raiser in November, so my goal will have to be reached in 10 months.

I'll try to figure out how to add stuff to my signature when I have a moment later today, but you can count me in this year.

Thank you.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to ppilgrim

Hi Henri - like trying to talk Bill into more vacations is going to be difficult lol.

PPilgrim - what is your name (I know I should know it but sadly my brain is filled with many things not scrapbook related these days)

Doreena
Queen
Doreena

Oh gosh I read this:
"Janet originally hosted this challenged for a number of years prior"
as
"Janet originally hosted this challenged for a number of years in prison"

bahahahaha!

Edited by Doreena on 12-27-18 10:41 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
Oh gosh I read this:
"Janet originally hosted this challenged for a number of years prior"
as
"Janet originally hosted this challenged for a number of years in prison"

bahahahaha!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to charcats7

Ok- I'm in-

My biggest challenge this year was getting my Christmas cards done. I need 160 cards by November.

Usually I start in July- but this year, that didn't happen. So if I space them out the entire year- I should be ahead of the game... and not so stressed.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to charcats7

hahaha Doreena!

Yay Char!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy

in all likelihood, I will be without internet after tonight for a week or two (it doesn't look like ours is gonna work because they just ripped stuff out at the new house - morons)

autumngold
Mayor
autumngold

I'd like to join in again, maybe I can keep going this year. This past year I lasted until about September, but i managed to post about 75 LOs. I did keep on scrapping but I moved on to DS's school LOs.

This year I want to finish the Europe album I was working on last year, scrap a trip to Iceland, and finish DS's senior year of HS.

My goal will be about 52 LOs.

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to autumngold

I'm in again and keeping my goal to 160 again. I made it this year and I would like to do it again. I have so many pages I need to scrap so this is always good motivation!

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to godschild94

Always in for this one! My layout goal will be 250 and cards 150.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Scrapanda

I will get you all updated after our move today (and when internet is back on).

Amanda - you can only pick 1 for this challenge (just put the other one in your siggy if you want).

Happy New Year.

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper

I'm in! Thanks so much for hosting again.

Pink Spoonbill
Queen
Pink Spoonbill
In response to NMscrapper

Tammy....you are the hostess with the mostest. Thank you so much for doing this another year. I will help you in any way you need.

I'm in again. Hopefully I can do better this year than last year. I missed my goal by just a few. How about 150 layouts this year. I know it is more but my scrap room is over flowing with boxes of photos and I need to make room for some more.

Glad to see some familiar faces and some new ones.

pennguins
Veteran
pennguins
In response to Pink Spoonbill

I would like to join in! I had been keeping track of how many pages I did each month and just tallied them. I have 351 pages completed for 2018, and in the next few days I don't see myself getting more than a dozen more completed. So I'd like to see if I can beat myself next year and do 400 pages. These are 12x12 pages only (I didn't add in my 8x8 December Daily).

Looking forward to the challenge!
Connie

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to pennguins

welcome and oh my...400 pages. I will update the front page either tomorrow or Sunday.

bevjordan
Pro
bevjordan

I've done way more cards than layouts this year. Probably 150 plus! But my goal for this year was my layouts which were 52. I have completed 42 but am cropping tomorrow and hope to get at least 10 more done!!! Have pics developed so just gotta get me some mojo and go for it!! You gals that do 400 are a terrific inspiration!!! Thanks for the challenge!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to bevjordan

I have about 200 scrapbook pages to scrap right now. Give or take 10 or 20. If we take more trips, I'll have more to scrap and can make 700.

If not - I will really struggle.

Remember, I'm old and retired - I have nothing to else to do all day when I'm home so I can crank them out. And when we travel, I work on them at night while Bill is watching tv and on cruise ships I scrap on sea days and after dinner while he's playing chess. So I have a whole lot more opportunities and time to scrap than you younger people!

toni-n-tn
Diva
toni-n-tn

I would like to jump in also. I would like to maybe get more done this year than last. I stopped in October and I think this was the longest I've gone without scrapping. I am claiming LOs and hopefully get two a week done, so 104 pages for 2019. Wish I could get a lot more done like you all.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to toni-n-tn

Toni - I know you are super busy so 104 layouts - that is amazing! My schedule gives me all the time in the world to scrap, but earlier in life, I would have struggled to get an hour here or there to scrap.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy

so nice to see you Toni!

toni-n-tn
Diva
toni-n-tn

Thanks Tammy and Henri Jean...

So, I scrapped today, but even though its still 2018
does it go towards the 2019 volume challenge?

Here it is:

Discovering - 1/2019 Stamping challenge By Toni-n-tn

thanks,

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to toni-n-tn

Only layouts actually created in 2019 count towards 2019 I am afraid. Sorry. There is one loophole - it can be started in 2018 but if finished after midnight so it goes into 01 Jan then it counts (so add something to it on 01 Jan)

Edited by Ladybing Tammy on 12-29-18 10:53 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SusanneG
Idol
SusanneG

I have never done this challenge before, but I have so many photos to scrap, I want to finish more layouts this year.
So my goal for 2019 is 150 layouts.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to SusanneG

I have some I've done but need to go back and proofread, make a few tweaks and I always move a few things around so they aren't ready to post yet - not completel. That happens to me every year. They are just "done for now" but not finished.

In the next few days I will go back over all of them and fix all the typos I can find and reword a few things that are repetitive.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy

I have to do the same Henri.

Everyone should be updated to here, so go and check the 2nd post to ensure I got you added and your total.

I think I am awaiting Carol and Bev to tell me their actual goals (I assume 52 for Carol but didn't want to commit).

Welcome to all the new players! And Welcome Back to all the returning players!

Pink Spoonbill
Queen
Pink Spoonbill

Henri Jean...you are not old!!! I don't want to hear that kind of talk. 2019 is going to be awesome.

Nice to see so many still interested in this challenge. I love it and it is wonderful to see others love it too.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

It is very nice to see so much interest and activity in this thread. That makes it fun!

NuttyScraps
Idol
NuttyScraps

I'm making some intentional choices for 2019, and one of those is to get some photos scrapped.

Please put me down for 12 layouts (12 x 12) for the year.

I'm considering these my 'have tos'.
Hoping, though, that being intentional will result in so much more being accomplished.

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper

Sorry, Tammy - I'll try 52 again!

Pro

I'm in and I'm going to shoot for 150.

autumngold
Mayor
autumngold
In response to ArtsyLC

Happy New Year!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Hi Deb - good to see you - haven't seen you in a while1

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

At midnight I was finishing up a few layouts and will post them in a minute. I heard a firecracker and glanced at the clock on my computer and it was exactly midnight! Didn't know it had gotten that late.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy

Happy New Year all! Everyone should be updated to here.

autumngold
Mayor
autumngold

Here's my first two, for my 2019 calendar:

Prague Calendar page By Autumngold

Concert Calendar page By Autumngold

NuttyScraps
Idol
NuttyScraps

Good Golly!!
I look at that list, and my 12 looks pathetic amongst all of you others.
But this year is all about actually accomplishing things, for me, so I'm not going to mess it up for myself right at the start by being overly ambitious.
Also, I want to do more scrapping of daily life in junk journal fashion, so I'm not sure just how many big layouts I will be making.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

These are the last 5 pages of my mom's book - I finished tweaking finally and they are ready to go.

I will try to start posting our cruise album tomorrow but the pages still need a lot of work before they are ready.

This is my oldest brother's youngest son when he got his railroad promotion.

1 Big Promotion By Henri Jean

My youngest brother's son's wedding - I love the picture of mom catching the bouquet. The picture is 4 or 5 years old but it is one sent by family members to scrap for mom's book.

2 Family Wedding By Henri Jean

Severals years ago I scrapped Roan in the rocking chair that belonged to my mom as a small child, and now she is 90. Since I had a picture of another one of my mother's great-granddaughters in the chair taken when their family visited, I redid the layout completely to include both of mom's great granddaughters sitting in her old rocking chair.

3 Grannys Rocking Chair By Henri Jean

My oldest brother (Santa Claus) with his wife, their two sons and their wives, and all 8 of their kids. This is an older picture that was just sent to me, but this whole gang is part of our family that gets together every Christmas - they were all here this year.

4 My Oldest Brother's Family By Henri Jean

This is my oldest brother's youngest son and his wife and family again - but without my brother and the entire gang. Its an older picture but it was just sent to me to scrap for mom's book. I have to confess - I used a pre-made template for this one and adjusted it the way I wanted it - not a lot of work in this one.

5 My Nephew's Family By Henri Jean

This ends the new pages in mom's book. The rest of her book was filled with layouts of pages I had scrapped and posted before.

Tomorrow I go back to cruise pages if I can get some proofed and ready today. They are basically done but still full of errors and need a little re-arranging like these did.

Edited by Henri Jean on 01-01-19 07:09 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

toni-n-tn
Diva
toni-n-tn

here is one for the beginning of 2019.

Just look at us now - Music, stamp, volume challenges By Toni-n-tn

tfl,

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to toni-n-tn

Elizabeth, you must not compare yourself to anyone else nor compete with them. This is your goal, your way!

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Happy new year ladies! I missed my goal by five los . So I will sign up for only 52. Hope I can manage one a week.

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to t-towngirl

Im signing up for 365 layouts

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to julie101

A new Cruise - been working all evening to get the typos out of these so hopefully I caught 'em all. Please let me know if you see any! Thanks!

6 South Pacific Adventure Part 1 By Henri Jean

7 Cruise Itinerary By Henri Jean

8 On board the Ship By Henri Jean

9 Sea Day By Henri Jean

9 Sea Day - Both Sides By Henri Jean

NuttyScraps
Idol
NuttyScraps

Thanks, Tammy. You're right. So I won't look at numbers anymore.
Only paper, and flowers, and lace, and adhesive, and pearls ...

SusanneG
Idol
SusanneG
In response to NuttyScraps

Happy New Year! I did not scrapbook until now, and it won't happen until next week, but I cannot wait to start.

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to toni-n-tn

A Little Privacy, Please! - 1/52 By NMscrapper
1/52

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

working on some of my Christmas cards now....

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to charcats7

acu with signups to here. I will come back on the weekend and leave some love (I think I will set aside Sundays for scrappy related tasks)

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Hi Tammy - will see you here when you can be here. This isn't supposed to be any pressure for you - we are just happy to see you when it works with your schedule!

Hope you and the Moose had a wonderful new year!

Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann

I want to challenge myself this year as well. My goal is 52 layouts.

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to Kaylann

Here are my first three of the new year
Best pals By Scrapanda

Gaston's Tavern By Scrapanda

Confederation Bridge By Scrapanda

pennguins
Veteran
pennguins
In response to Scrapanda

I got my first 4 done on New Years Day and nothing since

Tryon Palace indoors By Pennguins

Tryon Palace garden 1 By Pennguins

Tryon Palace garden 2 By Pennguins

Tryon Palace Garden 3 By Pennguins

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to pennguins

How Sweet It Is 2/52 By NMscrapper
2/52

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

10 Sea Day By Henri Jean

11 Cruise Trivia By Henri Jean

Sea Day and Cruise Trivia Together By Henri Jean

12 Santa Marta, Columbia By Henri Jean

13 Santa Marta, Columbia By Henri Jean

Santa Marta, Columbia - Both Sides By Henri Jean

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy

Elizabeth so glad you feel better about your own goal and we would love to see some of your junk journal pages as you go as well.

I am acu on love!

Connie love you are 4 ahead of me! You have lots of time to scrap - it is only the first week of January!

Groovy Deborah
Diva
Groovy Deborah

I’ll play! My goal is 100 layouts. “)

Groovy Deborah
Diva
Groovy Deborah
In response to Groovy Deborah

My page keeps reloading so hopefully this will go thru this time errrr

I’m in with a goal of 100 layouts “)

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Groovy Deborah

I am having trouble too Deborah. But I just refresh and everything is fine

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Tammy - I'm going to put the Holland America Logo in a google file. Also, you commented on the overlay I used - will put that on the same file and link it here for you. When you open it, will be png format and ready to use.

I actually go the Holland American logo from google images - I typed in Holland America and took the one with largest resolution and photoshopped it into a png file. That is what I will post on google images.

I do that for airlines, restaurants, cruise ships - constantly go into google images for logos and sometimes they are already png files and sometimes I convert them in photoshop.

Whenever you see anything on one of my layouts you want - just ask. Let me know if you want the anchor too and I'll add it.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Terri - I get the maps I use off the internet. I just make a jpg out of them rather than printing them.

I go to google images and type in "Map - Columbia with Santa Marta" and had a lot to choose from.

After I use them, I keep them in my files so I can email any of the maps I've used to you and you can just print them. Nothing is circled because that is a My Memories digital function but you can do that with paper or marker.

Anyway, do you want me to email the Santa Marta or any other's I've used?

I have learned that when I scrapbook - paper or digi - google images is my best friend for maps and images and logos.

A tip when saving maps, logos or anything off google images - look at the resolution on each picture (size). If it is low size number it will get grainy when used on a layout digitally or impossible to use to print. It will be the size of a postage stamp to get it clear1

I look for higher number - over 600 or 700 is good and occasionally one of the numbers under the picture when you highlight it on google images will be 900-1,000! Then I get real excited because it is a nice large one with good resolution.

Let me know which maps you want Terri - and I'll forward them to you.

If anyone else wants a logo or map - let me know, I'll get it to you. For paper scrapping, it may require some fussy cutting for logos and images.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Tammy- here is the Holland America logo - just click on the link, the click on the picture - right click on it and save the photo. It should save as a png.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/hbz6uS6fuJz1Gtb98

When you open it, it will be really black because it is a transparency. However, when you move it to your picture file or wherever you keep your scrapbook stuff on your computer, the background will be white and when you use it in My Memories, the background will be clear.

If the background is black in your picture file, then click on it and select copy and then paste it right next to the black one. The new one will have a white background. Then just delete out the one that looks all black.

I don't know why a lot of png images turn black, but I just click on the black images, click copy and then paste and delete the one that turned black.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

14 Santa Marta, Columbia By Henri Jean

15 Santa Marta, Columbia By Henri Jean

Santa Marta, Columbia - both sides By Henri Jean

16 San Blas Islands, Panama By Henri Jean

17 San Blas Islands, Panama By Henri Jean

San Blas, Panama - Both Sides By Henri Jean

autumngold
Mayor
autumngold

Kittens By Autumngold

autumngold
Mayor
autumngold

I was having trouble posting. Here are two more:

Chimney Rock, North Carolina By Autumngold

Statue of Liberty By Autumngold

autumngold
Mayor
autumngold

What scrappy supplies is everybody buying? The only paper I'm loving right now is the Graphic45 Princess paper. I was looking for Glimmer Mist but this store doesn't carry it and the other online store has seemed to stop carrying it.

I wanted to buy some more cartridges for my cricut but I guess they've gone digital and aren't making cartridges anymore.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy

oh wow really no more cricut cartridges - that isn't good for non digi people.

I have been looking for papers for Florida (including both Dolphin Cove and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party) and I want actual papers for these albums - I aint having a lot of luck way over here

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Thank you to everyone who let me know in comments or pm or any other way that I goofed on this layout. I work on them at 2 or 3 in the morning while I'm barely awake. I found some facts in google images and copied them here - one of which started that the official name of Columbia is the Republic of Congo. Now I'm scratching my head at how that slipped by me.

Anyway, I went back to Google images and pulled a different list of Columbia facts to fill that box. Thanks again - here's the layouts with the change:

14 Santa Marta, Columbia By Henri Jean

Santa Marta, Columbia - both sides By Henri Jean

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Deb - I'm confused about the Cricut.

Do you mean they are only making the files digitally now to download into the computer and use with the Cricut machine to cut paper?

Or are they making digital files to use on digital pages?

I went crazy trying to figure how to convert some of my Cricut files to use on digital layouts and never figured it out - they were strictly for using with the Cricut machine to cut paper.

Would love to be able to use some of the Cricut images with digital!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Tammy - I have a ton of Florida and Orlando and Disney stuff - but its all digital. I don't have any actual paper stuff.

If you want the digital files, let me know and I will post the link to the digital Florida so you can get it in jpg form for papers and png form for embellishments and titles.

Did you get the google link I posted for you for Holland America? That one is ready to use.

If you want to use it on a paper layout, just print it out and the background will be white. Same with all of them I post on Google images. But if you download them, they are png files.

autumngold
Mayor
autumngold

The physical cricut cartridges are a thing of the past. They are only making the digital images to be used with their new cutting machines. My machine only takes the physical cartridges so I can't buy anything new for it.

Henri, the way I'm using the cricut for digital layouts is, I cut out the images and then scan in the images.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy

more than one way to skin a cat with you two digital gurus.

yes I did get the digi logo (meant to tell you in the pm). Thank you so much hun! I found and purchased some Carta Bella paper packs!

NuttyScraps
Idol
NuttyScraps

Deb, I have an eClips electronic cutter and I get almost all my cutting files online in SVG format. Most of them are free, too.
There are a couple of sites that are my faves because they have lots of lacy goodness and flowers!!
As far as paper, I'm on a no spend year, so I'm not even looking. Because looking but not buying would just be the worst torture anyone could ever devise.

Tammy, I'll be sure to share the journals, too. Thanks!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

• Henri Jean Said:
Deb - I'm confused about the Cricut.

Do you mean they are only making the files digitally now to download into the computer and use with the Cricut machine to cut paper?

Or are they making digital files to use on digital pages?

I went crazy trying to figure how to convert some of my Cricut files to use on digital layouts and never figured it out - they were strictly for using with the Cricut machine to cut paper.

Would love to be able to use some of the Cricut images with digital!

Cricut is discontinuing the physical cartridge. They are only for cutting actual paper- at least at this time. I have an Explore Air where all my cartridges are now digital and all my physical cartridges are linked so I don't need the physical anymore. I have quite a few. So they sit in boxes. I sold my Imagine to a friend and have offered to sell her the cartridges at a huge discount. She knows she can't link them- but since she mostly cuts for baby showers and all- she doesn't need them all.

As the old Cricut machines wear out- you can't replace them as they are going all digital. Good and bad.

pennguins
Veteran
pennguins
In response to charcats7

Did layouts 7 and 8 this morning. I was excited to put so many pattern papers on one layout, now if I could only figure out which challenge that was for!
Relaxing at the beach By Pennguins

Teresakay
Mayor
Teresakay
In response to pennguins

I am in again gonna try for 365 again ... this year i made it to 173 only posted a few months maybe this year I can post more .

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to pennguins

some of my Christmas cards:

Christmas cards By Charcats7

Merry Christmas By Charcats7

Cricut Card Cuts By Charcats7

Christmas By Charcats7

Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann

• autumngold Said:

I wanted to buy some more cartridges for my cricut but I guess they've gone digital and aren't making cartridges anymore.

I'm sad to hear that. I totally rely on cartridges when I use my cricut.

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to Kaylann

Three more
Wedding Party By Scrapanda

Santa Pals By Scrapanda

Sweet Memories By Scrapanda

I still have the original Cricut and use cartridges but honestly since getting the silhouette a couple years ago I haven't used my Cricut much at all!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to Scrapanda

18 San Blas Islands, Panama By Henri Jean

19 San Blas Islands, Panama By Henri Jean

19 (Both) San Blas Islands, Panama By Henri Jean

20 San Blas Islands, Panama By Henri Jean

19 San Blas Islands, Panama By Henri Jean

19 (both sides) San Blas Islands, Panama By Henri Jean

toni-n-tn
Diva
toni-n-tn

wow, you all have been busy.
I'll have to get back soon and see what you've all been up to.

here is one from me:
date night - January inspiration (quote); Tic-tac-toe; stamping challenge; Volume 2019; Lift your Faves By Toni-n-tn

#2 - 102 to go

autumngold
Mayor
autumngold
In response to toni-n-tn

Here's three more calendar pages from me:

Cactoctin Zoo By Autumngold

Viking Cat By Autumngold

Antietam By Autumngold

pennguins
Veteran
pennguins

Here are a couple more from this weekend. I'm at 16 pages and now I have to wait on the photos coming in the mail. Should be here this week though.

Moore's Creek Bridge By Pennguins
Beaufort Burying Ground By Pennguins

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to pennguins

20 San Blas Islands, Panama By Henri Jean

21 San Blas Island, Panama By Henri Jean

21 (Both Sides) San Blas Island By Henri Jean

22 San Blas Islands, Panama By Henri Jean

23 San Blas Islands, Panama By Henri Jean

23 (Both Sides) San Blas Islands - Panama By Henri Jean

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda

Another from me

Always and Forever By Scrapanda

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to Scrapanda

24 - San Blas Islands By Henri Jean

25 - San Blas Islands By Henri Jean

25 (Both Sides) - San Blas Islands By Henri Jean

26 - San Blas Islands By Henri Jean

27 - San Blas Islands By Henri Jean

27 (both sides) - San Blas Islands By Henri Jean

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

JCI

Pink Spoonbill
Queen
Pink Spoonbill
In response to charcats7

Hi all,

Just checking in and happy to report I'm ACU!!! Hopefully, I can keep my DH out of the ER for a day or two so I can scrap. I haven't even made one layout this year!!!

Everyone is doing a wonderful job on their layouts and I have enjoyed seeing them and the diversity of them. It is going to be a great year. I already know I am going to learn a lot from your talents and expertise.

Have a wonderful day.

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl

Tammy, I'd like to jump in with 52 LO's for the year.
Thanks and hello everyone!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to gluemore girl

Good to see everyone. On my way to the hospital in few minutes. Will be there about 5 hours and then home but hae to stay in bed for a couple days. I may be tired after being knocked out and won't be back today - but if I feel okay, I'll be back this evening.

Tomorrow I have to stay in bed all day but no one can watch me 24/7 - I'll be on the computer sometimes tomorrow. They can't keep me down!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy

Hi Maria, nice to see you here.

Henri! Be a good girl!!!

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to toni-n-tn

Hi, Tammy - Yipes, that's 52 layouts!

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper

We Gained a Daughter - 4/52 By NMscrapper
4/52

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Hey Mistress Tammy! I want in too! Need to get back on track here! My goal for 2019 would be 24 layouts - 2 a month! (ideally) *gulp* Here goes nothing!

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to SonjaC

Dropping off a couple more
Time Flies By Scrapanda

New Brunswick & Nova Scotia By Scrapanda

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to Scrapanda

I am being somewhat good Tammy. The incision sites are not hurting at all - not even aware of them.

They said my lower tummy would hurt because they put the stint in my veins at the groin and once or twice I felt a little pain in the lower tummy - when I picked up all the stuff that didn't belong in the living room before I went to bed.

Also, when I dropped some papers on the floor and picked them up - I'm not supposed to bend down at all. They made my tummy hurt a little for 5 minutes.

They also said my lower back would ache a bit and I have been taking Alieve for that and it handles it fine.

They gave me Oxycodoe for pain but I haven't needed them.

The surgery (don't remember if I said why) was because my veins were all messed up. Doctors kept telling me that I needed to have my knees replaced and I keep telling doctors the pain is BEHIND my knees. They keep sending me to orthopedic guys who say I need knee surgery and now would be good.

I got fed up and made an appointment with a vein clinic and they told me the problem was my veins - should be consistent 2 - 2 1/2 mm and mine are way under 1 mm in some places and where the blood backs up to push blood into the tiny ones, my veins were up to 7mm! He said the veins behind my knees were huge and when I sit, they store the blood that should be going up and then when I stand, it all tries to go at once causing severe pain.

I have noticed huge ugly vericose veins behind my knees that were atrocious - looked like the veins were on top of the skin behind my knees and doctors didn't seem interested at all, neither were either of the orthopedic guys.

After the stint was put in yesterday, the blood is flowing beautifully like it should and about 75% of the discomfort in my legs is gone. Acutally it's 100% gone except for a little bit of pain in my knees from the knee issues.

That is not bad at all. I can easily live with that, although, I imagine I will need knee replacement, but not right now as planned.

I have not felt like walking or doing anything on my feet for years, and now I feel like I could walk 10 miles - and back.

I have needed this for a lot of years and never knew that my pain was caused by the veins because everyone has been telling me it was the veins.

I also learned that if I had gone ahead and had the knee surgery, with the circulatory problems I was having in my legs, the knee surgery would not have healed well - would have taken forever.

They said my veins were so bad and so swollen up, that they were pinching other veins and arteries as well as nerve endings. That is why I couldn't even stretch my legs out straight at night in bed. And when walking, the veins were so swollen I couldn't bed my knees sometimes and walked without bending my right knee.

Now that is all taken care of and all is wonderful!

They said after today life could go back to normal with all previous activities, although I'm on blood thinner for 3 months and she said to expect pain in lower belly and lower back for up to 3 months. So far, that part has been very mild and I don't expect it to get any worse.

So I"m taking it moderately easy today although I'm sitting at my computer desk and I was told to only sit in a recliner through today.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy

oh Henri I am so happy you have found some relief! That is amazing!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

I am thrilled with the results Tammy. I wonder how many other people have the same issue, think it is knees (some of mine is actually the knees, but not all), and don't get the veins fixed. I should have done this years ago - so simple!

Now I think I can control the knees with an occasional cortisone shot instead of total replacement. At least for a while.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

28 Panama Canal By Henri Jean

29 Panama Canal By Henri Jean

29 both sides - Panama Canal By Henri Jean

30 Panama Canal By Henri Jean

31 Towel Animals By Henri Jean

31 Both sides - Panama Canal and Towel Animals By Henri Jean

SusanneG
Idol