Page 3 of 3 
Username Post: January New Layouts and Cards        (Topic#1675363)
scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to southern lady

Stoppin' in to say hello.

Terry- Yhea on the brows all healing up nicely. Can't wait to see them.
Washington shuts down one day a month??? I don't see how that helps them as I'm sure the state must require so many days of school.

Danielle- good idea to keep the dogs off the ice. .......can't trust it. Yet up in Minnesota they drive trucks on it to do their ice fishing. Guess someone knows how thick it is.

It started snowing at 3:30 as predicted. Plus we had some type of freezing stuff before hand. Schools were closing early. Our son was picking up Van at 12:15. Casey's school went the full day. They are a much larger district and don't own their own buses whereas Van's school district has their own buses.
DIL was at her office in Chicago today. She took a bag with needed stuff so she can stay in there. She flies somewhere tomorrow.

I made four cards today. It's too dark to photograph.

Have a nice evening everyone.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to scrappin 2

Tish- Amazon has the magnetic platform for $27. I didn't look to see if that is "new" condition. I was excited I found one so cheap. LOL

Never mind gang. This was supposed to go to Tish over on the other thread. I tried editing and getting rid of it, but I couldn't.

btw- have any of you heard that putting the Big Shot plates in the microwave will straighten them out??? ---only for a few seconds?

Edited by scrappin 2 on 01-22-19 03:31 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Cathe - You know if we try that they will probably melt!!! 😂

Terry - Can’t wait to see your eyebrows!

Home from work, fixed supper, going to put a load of laundry in and go to my scrap room.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

Here's the big reveal!
new eyebrows By Abby0317

Cathe: I take the warped plate and just turn it over and send it thru a couple of times and that usually straightens them out. I heard that sending them back and forth to cut something is what warps them.
Denise: be careful of snow driving!! Up there its ice under it like it does here.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Abby0317

Hi! I'm working the next three days in the windowless lab. I usually complain about going but I'm kind of glad to be there. There's been a lot of drama at the main lab and this place seems to be the only workspace I can go and not be involved in the drama. Today, it was slow in the morning so I finished all my continuing education credits for the year so I don't have to think about doing them anymore!

Cathe- It was very cold this morning but it wasn't so bad when I went to dance tonight. The dance studio had heat tonight but it was still cold or I was cold...I'm always cold LOL!

Terry- I'm not one of those political people who marches in things. My sister and her friend are really into stuff like that though.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to DNA301

Good morning!

Ashley, I’ve never been to a march like that or ever been in protest either. Are you still dealing with cold temps? I love my ME time! I hate that my husband often has to work on Saturdays and Sundays, but I really do enjoy having time to myself.

Cathe, thankfully we don’t get that cold too often! Monday was just awful but it warmed up some yesterday and today we are supposed to have a major heat wave----up to 40. Then rain and snow move back in and more cold. Sounds like you have had plenty of nasty weather also. I’m surprised school wasn’t closed there with such cold temps. Never heard of putting the sizzix plates in the microwave. I really try to rotate mine at every use so they won’t bend as quicky.

Cheryl, I hope Karyol is doing better.

Danielle, I don’t blame you for keeping the dogs out of the river. I would be scared to death that one of them would fall thru the ice.

Denise, safe travels.

Terry, get the sink and commode in? Love your brows….it really made a difference and they look great! Yep, yesterday was the day. New cut and color with highlights which really don’t show up in the photo but I am really pleased. I hope I like it as well after I wash it and style it!!! And your school system
shuts down a day a month? Interesting.

Speaking of school systems, do the students in your alls area go to school 5 days a week or 4? Year around or off in the summer? Our system is still a 5 day a week and off in the summer. However, converting to year around has been discussed or maybe still being discussed, not sure. I’m not aware of discussion about a 4 day a week but I have been seeing a lot of talk about it on the national news.

I have two more job interviews lined up soon. I am hopeful about one and doubtful about the other. Both will require a commute, one longer than the other.

Have a great day ladies!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Good morning!!

Terry- your brows look very nice.

Anna- a new "do"! It looks really cute. Love how she cut your bangs. The color is nice too.
I don't think anyone manage to do their hair like the stylist can.
I hope one of the jobs (with benefits) works out for you.

I too, try to switch my plates, but of course I don't always do it.
One of the Grans keeps her plates rolled into the middle of the machine when not using. I love my Big Shot. It's a great invention.

Cheryl- Yep, with our luck we'd have melted plastic all over the micro.

We have a ton of snow!! All schools are closed. I'm so glad that Casey doesn't have to drive in this and all the kids are safely home. There is ice under the snow according to the weatherman. It's supposed to continue all morning. We should end up with 4 to 6 inches. I want to know how much we already have, but of course he isn't giving that information.
I think that's a lot of snow. However JoJo (some of you know her I think) up in NH got 18" !

Rum is out shoveling the driveway. I wish he'd use the snowblower, but he is using a shovel. He says he likes to shovel. I keep checking on him.

Ashley- I like your positive thinking about being in the windowless lab-----that you were able to get your continuing ed classes done. YAY!!

Our mail lady didn't come yesterday!! I had letters for her to pick up.

Hi to all. bbl. Have a great day!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Morning. Brrrr its 22 with feel like temp of 11. That's cold. The ice is minor and will melt quickly after it warms up.

Danielle, good idea to keep the dogs away from the river.

Ashley. I'm not an activist either even if I do have strong opinions.

My plates haven't warped yet. I guess I need to use them more to cause that. Yeh the microwave might melt them. Be careful.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to rockmom

hello and good morning

terry Love your brows looks good.

well today nothing much just take the dogs for a walk and go to the gym later on. I am still work on some layouts here. well it cold here today again.

hope everyone has a nice wedensday

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

Thank you all---I do love the brows and don't know why they went colorless after chemo.
Went to the ear/nose/throat dr yesterday and he did some manipulations to me to get the "crystals" back in order. I guess we all have these "crystals" behind our ears and the guide some of our vertigo. When they get out of place, we get dizzy etc. Had to sleep last night sitting straight up. that's really hard!

Anna: I love love love your new hairdo!!! Good luck on the interviews!
Ashley: I agree that less drama is the way to live.
Cathe: I also keep my plates rolled into the machine but for me its only convenience. Did you get a notice of my StampinUp order? Wasn't much but I want you to have the credit.
Cheryl: I can just see the flash bang and melted plastic now...! tehehe..
Danielle: yep keep those furry little guys out of the water right now.
Denise: Is your mom and hubby with you this time?
Katy: what's going on in CA?

I suspect we will be putting one or the other in today. We need some other muscle to get the existing sink out since it's cast iron with porcelain top. Way too heavy for me to lift.
bbl

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Abby0317

I think it is cold everywhere!! I think our high was 21. ...but. but , but Denise 22 for you must feel like the Arctic!!

Terry- yes, i got notice that you ordered. Thank you. I have a card for you out in the mail box but no one delivered out mail yesterday!!
Therefore no one took my envelopes that I wanted mailed. They are still out there now, but it is only 4:11. Sometimes we get our mail way after dark. Why no one came yesterday is a mystery.
I have not heard of "crystals" in our ears. You had to sleep straight up? How did you manage that?

I am not going to try to put the plastic plates in the micro. That sounds like a disaster waiting to happen!

I did a load of towels mainly so I can say I did something. LOL
I scrapped.
I did straighten the closet in the basement that holds all MY seasonal decorations.
When I look at every single thing in this house I think, OMGosh I bought everything-----except of course Rum's tools, electrical wire, boards and a zillion of nails and screws.

Pepsi time. Catch you tomorrow.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Christmas Eve By Scrappin 2

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Sending Wishes Your Way By Scrappin 2

Birthday Wishes By Scrappin 2

I was pleased with these two cards. I use this SU die cut set a lot. Sadly it is no longer available.

Edited by scrappin 2 on 01-23-19 03:16 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Good evening!!

Anna - Love your new hair and avi!!!

Terry - Eyebrows are great

Ashley - I am a drama free person too

Cathe- Let us know if you try the microwave

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Peace joy happiness no drama. My wish for this year.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to rockmom

Hi! Day Two of the windowless lab...today I had visitors in the lab...one to service the microscope and the other to check the fire extinguisher. Thankfully I had the door deadbolted shut otherwise they would have caught me either dancing or singing to pass the time LOL!

Anna- The public schools, Catholic Schools, and a few of the charter schools here are five days a week and summers off but some of the charter schools are five days a week and only have July off. We're still dealing with the cold here...which isn't fun at all! Is it summer yet?

Denise- Any opinions I have, I keep to myself because I don't want to argue with my sister about them.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to DNA301

Good morning!!

Ashley- you are so funny, that would have been quite a sight to catch you dancing and singing.

I didn't answer the question about the school days around here.
School is in session 5 days a week. Summer break is about 11 weeks. Most school go back around Aug. 19th, but there is a movement to start after Labor Day. Of course they won't get out til later in June than they do now. It's so hot in August and so many schools don't have AC. Where I taught we had no AC. It was brutal in August.

Terry- did you get the sink installed?

Danielle- Did you get an layouts done yesterday?

Post office lady finally came yesterday. ~ no one came on Tuesday.

Denise - Are you home or still at your mother's?

Have a nice day everyone.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

hello and good morning

well last night when we where head at the gym with my husband. I told him how I feel about fil here and how I am feel. I told him that fil keep asking me question about all my clean and other stuff. I told him I am here with him all day and your not because your working. I think he under stands but I know he made a promise to his mom to take care of him and have him live here but I didn't think it be this long. he been live with us for 6 months right now. i just feel like going to visit my parents or maybe i can go stay with my sister and be with my nephew and help her out with him i know she love that but i don't live close to them so it hard for me to do that. my birthday is going to be come here soon and i am want to do something but i wish that fil wasn't here that way we can go for a few days somewhere and spend the night. i just not let him stay alone at my house. i know when he sell the house and get all the money that we use on him and jim mom like put her in the grave and other stuff. i think he move out. i just hope that soon because i don't know if i can have him live with us another year. sorry for rant again i just need to and get it out.

cathe- yea i done a few layouts got done.

i need to start work on a card for my dad seen his birthday is febuary 1. today vacuum the house and go to the gym and walk the dogs. we are going to snowshoeing Saturday i can't Waite and then go to the olive garden that just open in are big town.

hope everyone has a nice Thursday

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Yes, still in Missouri. Mom, Tim and I made an emergency trip because the temperature sensor on the alarm system went off in the night. My brother wasn't home to check it. We were afraid of broken pipes - the temp sensors are only triggered at 34 degrees. When we got it here was 46 in here and the sensors needed new batteries as did the furnace thermostat and one of the smoke detectors. We changed them all out. Good thing is we were forced to stay up so we got to watch the sunset and the moonrise followed by the eclipse. That was special. Now that we made this trip we will cancel our trip in February.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to rockmom

Morning---Had a rough night trying to sit straight up and sleep so at 2AM I gave up and laid down. That was 36 out of the 48 hours I was to do this. Hope I didn't mess it up.
Anna: are you liking the new do? Is it easier to style?
Ashley: I too get mental images of you dancing in a lab coat!
Cathe: don't worry about the card---I just wanted to be sure you got the credit. Nope, the sink will go in next Monday since we need Danny to help pull out that monster that's in there. The toilet may go in today tho… I'm like you -- my money from my business, work & inheritance paid for our trips, Aaron's college, all the furniture, a new roof & appliances, and the list goes on and on including dogs! Steve's paid for food mortgage and insurance.
Cheryl: how's your new job doing? I'm planning our trip in May and I really want to go explore KY or TN. Need to get some internet info to decide which.
Danielle: I'm sure when your hubby made his promise he didn't realize how hard it would be to take care of an elderly person. Did you get along with your FIL before he moved in?
Denise: Have a safe trip home ---whenever you decide to do that. I sure wish I could have seen the blood wolf moon but it was socked in clouds here.

BBL....

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to Abby0317

Goooood morning ladies.... well, here it's still morning...

Anna, good luck in both of your interviews, but I'm sorry they're not close to home. I love your new 'do! The color and style... So far, the schools here are 5 days a week with summers off... just like when I was growing up.

Ashley, I think I'd prefer to stay inside and read where its nice and warm instead of going to a march in the cold... but I don't attend marches anyway... Last year, my youngest DD went to the one in San Francisco.. she couldn't believe all the people there.

Cathe, so far I've made beef stroganoff in my Instant Pot.. It was delicious... and it fed me for about 4 nights... this afternoon I'm going to try to make "lasagna soup".... wish me luck that I'm successful this time as well.. so far, I LOVE my Instant pot..
In CA, in order to get the "REAL ID" (which will be required in 2020 to fly or go to federal places) you have to present birth certificate, Social security card, and proof of residency... like a utility bill or insurance policy that states your physical address not just your PO box.. Since my name has changed from my birth certificate, I have to provide copies of my marriage certificates, in my case... two.. one for each marriage..

Cheryl, How's Karyol doing? Ever since I retired I wake up way before I'd wake up to go to work! I normally woke up at 5:45 on work days...now, I'm wide awake before 5... I stay in bed and try to go back to sleep, but my brain says "nope, not gonna happen"...

Danielle, that was nice of that lady to invite you to the crop to get away from your FIL... I'm sorry to hear about all you are going through with him living with you.

Denise, lucky you to watch the eclipse... we had rain and clouds.. couldn't see anything!

Terry, for some reason, I can't view the pic of your new brows.. all I see is a sad smiley face... I tried on my phone, my ipad, and even my computer and I can't see it... Have you worn your Fitbit to bed yet? I did the other night for the heck of it... it tracks your sleep pattern.. it shows deep sleep, REM, and waking moments... pretty interesting.. My DD worked as a Correctional deputy at a womens' prison... she didn't work out on patrol... but, I'm sure there were scary situations in the jail as well... she has told me about some situations, but knowing her, she gave me the "watered down" versions... or didn't tell me of other more frightening situations.

Sorry for all of you that are experiencing such cold weather! Stay warm! This week has been sunny but chilly.. Last Sunday, Michael was over and we were watching a football game on TV when one of those emergency messages coming across about a "tornado warning"... and one of the areas listed was where Michael and his Mom live! He immediately called his Mom and told her to stay away from windows, and to not go outside to feed the kitties or sweep the patio.... He had her on speaker phone and I could hear her but she didn't sound very concerned... she said it was really windy there and the trees out back were really swaying... I don't think this really affected her since she was born and raised in Kansas. lol

My sister says to say HI again... she'll come online soon... she's really excited right now because our youngest brother and his wife just purchased a home about 15-20 min away from Jeannie... They'll be moving there in April.. Deb will work from home and Rick might retire early or find a part time job to stay busy..

Stay warm all and have a wonderful day!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Abby0317

• Abby0317 Said:
Morning---Had a rough night trying to sit straight up and sleep so at 2AM I gave up and laid down. That was 36 out of the 48 hours I was to do this. Hope I didn't mess it up.
Anna: are you liking the new do? Is it easier to style?
Ashley: I too get mental images of you dancing in a lab coat!
Cathe: don't worry about the card---I just wanted to be sure you got the credit. Nope, the sink will go in next Monday since we need Danny to help pull out that monster that's in there. The toilet may go in today tho… I'm like you -- my money from my business, work & inheritance paid for our trips, Aaron's college, all the furniture, a new roof & appliances, and the list goes on and on including dogs! Steve's paid for food mortgage and insurance.
Cheryl: how's your new job doing? I'm planning our trip in May and I really want to go explore KY or TN. Need to get some internet info to decide which.
Danielle: I'm sure when your hubby made his promise he didn't realize how hard it would be to take care of an elderly person. Did you get along with your FIL before he moved in?
Denise: Have a safe trip home ---whenever you decide to do that. I sure wish I could have seen the blood wolf moon but it was socked in clouds here.

BBL....

yea but i did

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Stoppin in to say hello.

Katy- I bet your DD didn't fully tell you about the scary situations at the prison. I will not watch a "prison" movie. LOL
I'm happy for Jeannie. I don't think she really wanted to move and has been sitting out there without knowing too many people. --
or am I wrong?
Does Michael and his mother have a basement? the word tornado scares the ba-gee-bees out of me.
I need to renew my Pass Port. I should get on that.

Rum and i ventured out of the house today. He had been out to shovel and get the mail. I did stick my body out to shake a rug on Monday, but that was the extent of my fresh air. It was 21* when we left home. We got a close parking spot at Menard's. So the cold didn't seem too bad. Then we went to the grocery store. Man was it crowded!! The forecast for tomorrow is a high of 3 with wind chills of -20 to-30 so I think a lot of people were getting their groceries today. The fresh air felt good.

Have a nice evening.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Good evening!! Dialysis issues going on here as I got a call that the doctor ordered the dialysis to be stopped. I have tried to get the doctor to call me but, of course, he did not. I am upset and want an explanation.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Oh my goodness Cheryl! I hope you get answers soon!

Cathe, your cards are stunning! I love the First Frost paper.

Thanks for the love on my new do. It is much shorter than I've had in a long time. Gonna take some to get use to it and learn how to style it.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

Cathe, here is one of my cards from the First Frost collection.

First Frost Card By Anna C

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

Sent with Love By Anna C

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

Hello Beautiful By Anna C

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

I find my happiness where the sun shines By Cdjohnson

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning.

It's -12 here this morning. Some schools are closed. Van's is. The other kids had to go. Thing is, it's supposed to be colder next week!!

Cheryl- I bet you're on the phone bright and early tomorrow. I get so mad when doctor's offices are suppose to call you back and don't.
Your LO is darling.

Anna- very pretty cards. It's fun seeing what you are doing with the First Frost papers. I love the slight shimmer to them.
Don't ya love how it doesn't take as long to dry your hair???

Hi to all. bbl to see who else has checked in.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Good morning!

Cathe, you are having the kind of cold that we had earlier in the week. Yes, my hair is a wash and go now. Saves me a lot of time.

Cheryl, any news about the dialysis yet?

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to Anna C

Morning....didn't get the toilet in yesterday but hubby says today for sure. Which means I have another day I can't make any plans such as getting my nails done. They feel so long that it's hard to type!

Anna: I went to your gallery photo and zoomed in and I have to say your new hairdo is awesome for your face. Maybe its the bangs or the shortness but I love love love it on you! Adorable cards---
Ashley: are you getting any snow in NY yet?
Cathe: OH BRRRRRR..... I was complaining to #1 son about how cold MN was in Nov and he said to wait until I saw -20 and then think cold. Well I think he's getting it now!
Cheryl: How frustrating for you!!! I know DR are busy but come on....yours was confusing news and needs an explanation.
Katy: I imagine that your DD has sugar coated some of what she told you. I know my kids would have. How awesome for Jeannie that your brother is moving close! So did a tornado actually touch down? What you described would suggest maybe one was close. They are no fun and scare me to death with the unpredictableness of them.
Hi Danielle & Denise!!!
BBL....

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Abby0317

hello and good morning

well I had to go to the dmv here to get tags for the car seen they where both do. took dogs for a walk this morning. clean my kitchen up. I need to take pic of my layouts that I have done. tomorrow we are going to go up the mountains and go snowshoeing which we have done for awhile.

ann- I don't know if I say your hair looks nice. very pretty cards

hope everyone has a nice friday

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Under the Tree are Presents for Me By Scrappin 2

One from me. I tried to make this one a little different than my past 4 or 5.

I ventured out. It was cold, but not windy. The 1* temp didn't seem too bad because I wasn't outside very long. Car to Restaurant, car into JA, car into the dollar store and car into the grocery store. It was snowing, but wasn't amounting to much.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Well long story short is that Karyol’s regular kidney doctor was making rounds and when they told him Dr. Ali ordered to discontinue the dialysis, he said absolutely not. So, we still have the same times. I am so relieved!!!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Cheryl that's good.

Tornado? Where?

Anna, cute hairdo!

Missouri got snow today, enough to make everything white.

Hope to go home tomorrow.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to rockmom

Edited by Anna C on 01-26-19 01:56 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

Cheryl, glad that everything worked out for Karyol's dialysis.

Cathe, love the woodsy layout!

Meeting up with some SU card making friends for a few hours this morning and then lunch. Looking forward to it.

Have a good one!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

It' minus 19 degrees!!!!!!

Cheryl- Thank heavens that got resolved!!! Hugs.

Anna- your plans sound delightful. It will be fun seeing your new cards.

Denise- Safe travels. The pictures of Cooper and Sadie together are so cute.

I don't plan on leaving the house!!
Have a nice day everyone!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

hello and good morning

Cheryl, glad that everything worked out for Karyol's dialysis.

ann- sound like you going have a nice Saturday

well today going to the grocery store before we head up to the mountains. I have to get everything ready for are snowshoeing trip get are pack backs and everything in them. get are dog her shoes that she wear when we go snowshoeing. so we been head up there little early and I hope the snowshoeing path good . then when we done is going to the olive garden in are city and have dinner there seen it new.

hope everyone has a nice Saturday

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Christmas Eve By Scrappin 2

I know not many of you check in on the weekend, but you'll see this eventually.
My hand at Vintage---not my thing.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

Stopping in this afternoon. Hubby got me up to go dog training this morning. I was standing in a foggy field at 8AM in 39 deg temps throwing bumpers and getting my feet wet. I'm still cold!

Anna: hope you had fun with the SU crowd and lunch too! Make a few cards?
Cathe: adorable 2 LOs! You did exceptional work on both imho! and brrrrrr that's unnecessarily cold!
Cheryl: So glad to hear that it all worked out. Why did this Dr Ali override Karyol's kidney doctor I wonder....
Danielle: have a fun day snow shoeing!
Denise: have a safe trip home!

Anna gave me some inspiration and just the nudge I needed to make Emma another card. I have a reason for this: her softball tournament is this weekend in CA and will be the last one for awhile. I thought of a "theme" for her which is pretty descriptive of her character, etc: and I intend to put it into the card: Fun---enjoy the process and the game Fierce---as a princess warrior this is your weapon and Focus--play the best you can always.
BBL....

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

Terry - They are both in the same office. I think it was the nurses fault. Long story and it will not make sense if I tried to explain because of lots of medical numbers and such.

I have had a fun day!! I went to a Tuesday Morning, Hobby Lobby, Michaels, had lunch at Penn Station and went to Walmart.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

My friend's uncle passed away this morning. I made this card for her.

With Deepest Sympathy By Cdjohnson

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

good morning!! -13.

Terry- your morning with DH did not sound like fun!!!
The saying for Emma is perfect!

Cheryl- pretty card. Love that die. Is that yours or did you get it in the exchange?
Is the restaurant Penn Station and old train station building?

Danielle- How was snowshoeing?

Hello to all. bbl

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Good morning!!

Cathe - I received that die in a swap. No, the building is not an old train station. It is a place that does sandwiches similar to subway but much better. The fries are made from real potatoes that you watch them cut up. They are delicious!!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Home sweet home. We had a SWAT standoff in our neighborhood. Scary deal. We drove right between the houses where the two people were at right after it happened and before cops got there. There was a HUGE party, these people always have them, another neighbor age 32 who builds rifles and ammo threatened to kill them after he punched a woman. Lots of men tried to subdue him to no avail. Cops came, then the negotiations team, then SWAT with their mobile command unit. Evaccuated all the surtounding neighbors most with babies, toddlers, kids. The guy's dog was shot because he wouldn't let the guy's mother and brother out the back door. They were begging him via loudspeaker to come out. He didnt give in until 1 am. He is charged with a 1st degree felony because he pointed the rifle at the cops. Top it off someone at the river on the other side of us was shooting guns or setting off fire crackers. The clouds kept the sound down toward ground level and it traveled across the neighborhood frightening so many. Oh it was raining too. Bad night in this neighborhood.

Edited by rockmom on 01-27-19 08:21 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to rockmom

Morning!

Wow Denise!! What a scary but exciting night you had. Never good to have that excitement in your neighborhood!
Fun Day, Cheryl! We have Firehouse subs out here and they are really good. Plus a portion of the profits go to help local firehouses afford equipment. Good thing.
Thank you Cathe for the thank you card. The folders came yesterday too! If only I could make the cards as fast as I think of them!!!

We are off to buy this new puppy a halter, a travel crate, and a bed to put into the crate. Must make little princesses comfy you know!!!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Abby0317

1986 By Scrappin 2

One from me.
I typed up the journaling so you can read it better when you go to my gallery. It's about DD, Casey when she was nine. She was so cute if I must say so myself. She's 40 yrs. old now.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Denise!!!!!! What kind of neighborhood did you move into????
I know, I know things can happen anywhere.
Scary situation for sure!!!

Terry- well of course you want your new family member to live in luxury.

Cheryl- if i even make it down there, we'll have to go there.
We have Firehouse subs, but I'm not sure where.

It's such a beautiful day. Surely another big snow storm isn't coming????? They tell us by 7:00 we'll be snowing and snowing all night. My son is thrilled. He's on a challenge to ride his snowmobile for 7 days in a row--or something like that. I worry about him.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

It is in the 40s here but saying snow Monday night

Denise - Wow!!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Right, wow. The guy is in jail facing a felony. Sad.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to rockmom

Hi! I used a personal day so I was off from work on Friday...it was our "Denim and Diamonds" ball at Girl Scouts and I didn't want to wind up working a wonky shift and have to run to the ball. The event was successful in that everyone had a good time but not so successful because the leaders didn't help control the kids. It was just my mom and I policing the kids all night...and the kids were OUT OF CONTROL. My troop, specifically, was so unruly that they're getting a stern talking to on Friday and will have to spend the next month just doing work without any fun activities in between. What bothered me even more is that the parents just sat and watched the kids be unruly and they did nothing about it either!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to DNA301

Good morning!!

We only got 5" of new snow. It looks like a lot more because it is piled on top of what we already had. On a brighter note it is 20 degrees. LOL Wednesday we could see a high of -12. All schools are closed today.

I sure hope Charity doesn't have to go to Chicago today. She drives to Elgin and takes the train in. Elgin on a good day is about a 40 min. drive for her. Local and regional people are trying to get rail service going into Chicago starting out by the Mississippi River coming thru Rockford.

Ashley- Sure glad you didn't have to work and Then go to the ball.
Won't the girls just quite if Scouts isn't any fun?
Being a teacher it would drive me nuts that parents wouldn't discipline their kids on field trips or at special events. Everyone has different standards.
Where was the event held?

Denise- Aren't people idiots???
Now that guy could and should go to prison for awhile.
"Parties" around here always seem to be deadly.

On a lighter note--- Hope everyone has a nice day!!!

I plan on doing some housework and scrapping. ----I'm on a roll.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Cathe, yes agree. He should spend prison time. I would love to know if it was alcohol and/or drugs involved.

Ashley, unruly kids with no parental help is why I quit being a youth leader. I did not need stress as a return for all the time, energy, and money I was spending. Pffft you wont enforce rules or back me up then you be the keader. Sorry yours were not acting properly.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to rockmom

Good morning!

Ashley, sounds your ball went off pretty well. Other than some rowdy children.

Cathe, your weather is on the way to us. Should be here late on Tuesday I dread it! Cold temps and snow and winds too. We’ve had some really terrible winds this season.

Cheryl, are you getting snow yet?

Danielle, how was trip to the mountains?

Denise, sure hope things are back to normal in your neighborhood!

Terry, not sure how I inspired you but glad that I did! Love the inside sentiment of the card for Miss Emma.

Never heard of Firehouse Subs but it sounds like my kind of eatin place!

Had a great time with the SU gang here. We didn’t make the first card. Instead, we made five different projects. Will try to get a pic posted soon.

Have a splendid day ladies!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Anna C

hello and good morning

well are trip out in the mountains was good. had a nice time up there it was warm I was think it would be cold so I brought a lot of stuff with me like my hat scraf and my heavy jacket and my ski pants. but I didn't need it because I was warm and hot so I had my heavy jacket on. so we walk the path . then we head back to town and the olive garden was pack so we went some where eles to eat dinner. I think it was like that because they just open Monday so I think we will Waite until it die down. well today walk the dogs then I go to the gym later one.

hope everyone have a nice Monday and take care

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Anna - No snow here just rain

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! Today I was working a normal 8-4 shift at the lab...I only have three more 8-4 days (including a weekend) before my schedule turns into a bunch of third floor shifts. I'm not super happy about that because I kind of just wanted to come home and play this video game I'm super excited about. I know that's a silly thing to want to do but I've been looking forward to this game for 14 years LOL!

Cathe- We held the event at a local catering hall. That's why I'm very angry with the kids. We had several talks about how the ball was being held someplace different and they had to follow the rules there but that didn't work at all. Most of the work I plan on doing involves coloring, which they like to do so it's fun....I just had bigger projects planned that I'm putting on hold until they stop acting up.

Denise- I assume that, because the parents paid to attend the ball, they didn't feel the need to police their own kids.

Anna- We're expecting bad weather here too but on Wednesday I think...which is fine because I'm off Wednesday and my mom and I have to input all the cookie orders online LOL so we weren't going anywhere!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to DNA301

Good morning!!
Only -5 this morning.

Anna- your get together with fellow card makers sounds like fun.

Ashley- I'm glad you don't have to go out Wednesday. It's fine that you are excited about your video game. What game did you wait 14 years for?

Danielle- I thought it'd be colder up in the mountains where you snowshoe. It sounds like you had a wonderful day.
People do seem to flock to new restaurants when they open.

I like the free shipping offer. I'm tempted.
I don't want this site to go out of business. How would we all "talk" to one another????
I have so much stuff though. I'm trying hard to use up my Christmas papers and embellies.

Hello to all. I'll bbl to see who else has checked in.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Morning.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to rockmom

Morning.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to rockmom

Hi Ladies! I spent an hour yesterday with a registered dietician and oh boy did I get an awakening! She specializes in diabetes and not only did I learn about food and portions and what to eat when but she told me I was giving myself insulin at the wrong times. Wow!! Over 10 yrs this was the case. I am now wearing a sensor that reads my glucose constantly. This will go on for 14 days to give her more of an idea how to help me. I am truly impressed and so glad to get information that helps me---emphasis on me!

Anna: when are your job interviews happening?
Ashley: The excitement level on little ones sometimes reaches the stratosphere and they feed off one another. Hard to control but the parents should have helped out! My DS #1 is going to big deal in LA that the Disney people are hosting for their licensed game/stuff manufacturers. Its to tell them what movies are coming out in 2019 and what they expect each entity to produce. Aaron said its absolutely crazy how many films Disney is going to release.
Cathe: you are in the deep freeze! Wow....

Morning Cheryl, Denise, Danielle, & Katy.
We finally get to go pick up the puppy Wednesday. Long story there and I don't know what this woman is trying to pull by telling us she doesn't think this pup will be a match for us. She's pretty presumptious and I question her motives. We'll see!
Have cards to finish!!! BBL

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Abby0317

hello and good morning

well today go take dogs for a walk and work out at the gym. tomorrow I have to take the turck in the dealer ship that way they can fix the passage seat the seat stitching was come lose. so it going to take them awhile and my husband say they are going to give me a rental car that way . so that what I am doing tomorrow.

terry- hope you can get your new puppy. that nice that the registered dietician is help you out and tell you stuff.

hope everyone eles has a nice Tuesday

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Good evening!! I had a long boring day. I am taking a video course at work about how to use Excel.

Ashley - Sorry the Girl Scouts are acting out.

Terry - Why would she think the puppy was not a good fit?

Cathe - Are your schools out again tomorrow?

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Terry, happy to hear you are getting expert advice!

So sorry yall are getting blasted with all that winter weather. Be safe, be warm.

Danielle, good to get those seats stitched back.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to rockmom

Hi! Today there was a big meeting at the lab and I was finally upstairs for it! Usually I miss all the big meetings because I'm either on the third floor or at the windowless lab and I wind up finding out all the news second hand. It seems like there are many changes coming to the lab...some of them good and some of them not. What impressed me most is that the two management level (I guess that's what you'd call them) supervisors are training to help with the bench work but our lead techs don't ever help even when we're critically short.

Cathe- It's this game called "Kingdom Hearts 3"...it's not actually the third game in the series though. There were a number of prequels and backstory games that came between each of the "numbered" games. I feel like I've been waiting forever to play this game LOL!

Terry- My dad's pulmonologist wanted him to go to a dietician but he refuses to go. Disney had a RIDICULOUS number of movies coming out this year...between "live action" remakes and all the Marvel movies, it's insane!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to DNA301

Good morning!!

-27 degrees here.
All schools are closed.
The Mall is closed unless the stores have outside doors which includes Macy's, Sears, Penney's. The mall manager said to check their times.

The weather people have preached about wind chills and how quickly one can get frost bite. So where is the idiot?? He's outside demonstrating how quickly bubbles freeze.

Terry- wow, sure glad you have a good dietitian and have learned how to take your insulin....so important for your health.
What the heck??? Why does this lady think the puppy isn't a good match??? That's crazy. Have you ever met her?

Ashley- did you see Wreck It Ralph? I think you'd get a kick out of it.

Danielle- nice to hear the car seat is being repaired. ---and you got a loaner.

Doug has to take Nev's car into the shop today. The headlight won't turn off. She needs it by Saturday to go back to college.

Rum has his annual physical with his heart doc. He plans on going. I'd cancel. LOL

I plan to make cards and scrap. Yipee!!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Morning.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to rockmom

hello there

well I went there and got a loner car but it was that long with doing the seat on the truck. well I shop around just look around. I am home now. my back been killing me this morning. it because how my couch is and how I angle to watch tv. I had my brown chair but we had to move it because of fil ugly chair. I wish I could put my chair back and sit in it and I wouldn't have much of back pain.

hope everyone has a nice wedensday

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to rockmom

And here she is:
cricket By Abby0317

As it turns out the breeder did want her and she kept saying that the pup wasn't as out going etc and then saying she was her favorite. Well the little is home now and boy is she little! Maybe 5 inches tall floor to head and a lb in weight.

I'll bbl.... lots going on right now....

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Abby0317

Evening.........

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Terry - So Cute!!!!

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! I was home from work today (it was my day off)...my mom and I did our Girl Scout Cookie orders which was less than fun. It turned out that, for reasons I have to explore, many of our registered kids didn't appear on the site where we have to input our cookie orders. We were able to put their orders in using names of kids who quit but stayed on our online registration list. Then I sat and played video games...well, one video game...for the rest of the day LOL!

Cathe- Yup! Saw "Wreck-It Ralph" and the sequel! I loved the "comfy princess" scene in the sequel...I think I have almost every shirt they wore in that scene LOL!

Terry- HOLY FISHSTICKS! That puppy is adorable!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to DNA301

Good morning!

Terry, that little puppy is so cute! So tiny! Is Cricket her name?

Cheryl, you are up for February.

Have a great day!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Good morning
-29 actual temperature. But it's going to be 40 on Sunday!!

Terry- Oh your new pup is adorable!!!
How big will he get?
His name is darling.

Ashley- the "princess" scene was the best part of the movie. I LOVED it and thought it was so clever. Since I disliked the ending, it is not one of my favorite movies. I also thought how King Kong grew was creepy.
Cookie orders-----I watch Troupe Beverly Hills with Nev and Van the weekend they were here.

Danielle- sorry your back hurts.

Have a nice day everyone.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

hello and good morning

my back is still hurt me a little bit. I hate that it hurts. well today nothing much just walk the dogs and go to the gym. my back not hurt from working out it because of the couch where it at and angle to see the tv. I had a chair that was nice in a nice area but had to move that for fil ugly chair that we brought and I had to move my chair. I just wish his house will sell here and that way he can move out. I talk to my neighbor about it and she say she doesn't know how I can handle it. I am want to go on vacation to get away from him it just so I can't handle it. I don't know what to do. I know he old but I just would love my life like it was. sorry for rant again.

Terry - So Cute! i miss the puppy look. i look back at when my second dog was a puppy and she was so little now she so big.

cahte- hope your keep warm up there.

hope everyone has a nice thrusdaday and take care

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

Morning! It was a madhouse here getting Cricket to meet the labs. First she screamed even tho Ruby was just sniffing her as I held her. Within 3 hours Cricket was trying hard to get them to play with her. And last night she let out 1 little cry while in the small kennel and Steve had her in bed with us. I foresee one spoiled little girl!
Todays outing is to the orthopedic doctor who is going to give me a steroid shot in the bursa of my left hip via ultra sound technology. They deaden my hip and I can watch the big screen as they move the needle around to get the bursa. Amazing.
Hope everyone is warm and dry! BBL....

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to Abby0317

Here's the second card I made for Emma that Anna inspired me to do. There's a second pic behind this one which is a closeup of the letter e and what I did to them. Thanks!
Emma inspiration card By Abby0317

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Abby0317

Daddy's Best Bud By Scrappin 2

One LO I did.
I will link the other LO and cards in a few minutes.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Merry and Bright By Scrappin 2

I don't know why my photos look so blurry. Maybe not enough light?

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Happy Birthday Wishes By Scrappin 2

no title By Scrappin 2

Edited by scrappin 2 on 01-31-19 03:13 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

I am on my IPad. I will get February posted before I go to bed.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Here is the link for February:

https://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/1675...

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

See you all in February!

Page 3 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics