Username Post: January Daily Inspiration        (Topic#1675415)
Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler

I really like having the inspiration that comes from the challenges here… and sometimes it is the REALLY random ones that help. I also like to see what other people do with the same challenge. I really enjoy the Anything Goes Challenge (I even got to help in June and guest host in July). AGC is taking a break… but I like the daily inspiration! SOOOO… for the month of January I am once again doing a Daily Inspiration Challenge. You do not have to officially sign up… just join in when and if you can. You do NOT have to post on the exact day… you don’t have to do all… you don’t have to do ANY… just come be inspired have fun!

Each day I will post a prompt to get us thinking outside the box… I think this challenge works best for LO and cards… but any projects are welcome (yes, digital too!). I will probably post each challenge the night before. (I may even post a couple ahead of time the week school starts… I work as a library/ tech aide in an elementary school). This month since I will be starting my masters program… I will probably post a few at a time so I don’t get too far behind. Also… I am not even going to ATTEMPT to pick weekly “winners”, however please if you post make sure you visit a couple of the other participants LO and leave some love! No better prize than having someone admire your work!

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler
In response to Deanna Schuler

Who is going to play?

Edited by Deanna Schuler on 01-03-19 09:13 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler

January 1 - Apple Gifting Day - Use an apple(s) on your project.

January 2 - National Motivation and Inspiration Day - Use an inspirational quote or song on your project today.

Sweet Memories By Scrapanda

date night - January inspiration (quote); Tic-tac-toe; stamping challenge; Volume 2019; Lift your Faves By Toni-n-tn

January 3 - Festival of Sleep Day - Feature a photo of someone sleeping or in their PJs.

January 4 - National Spaghetti Day - If you can feature some kind of pasta on your project go for it… IF NOT… then use that spaghetti as your inspiration and doodle on your project or use ribbon or string.

Out to Eat By Nvmagpie

January 5 - In 1933, Construction of the Golden Gate Bridge begins. If you have Golden Gate Bridge (or any other bridge pictures) use those… if not… use something Golden.

Confederation Bridge By Scrapanda

January 6 - National Take a Poet to Lunch Day - I am not sure about taking a poet to lunch… but you can certainly use a poem on your project!

Edited by Deanna Schuler on 01-07-19 08:05 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler

January 7 - National Old Rock Day - My sons and I have really gotten into the trend of finding rocks. This apparently started as a way to cheer people up with inspirational quotes. So today you can either include rocks (probably via pictures or patterned paper) or include an inspirational quote. Or document some Random Act of Kindness you did or received.

January 8 - Argyle Day - Argyle is a diamond pattern with overlapping diagonal lines. Find a way to bring the argyle design to your project.

January 9 - Happy Birthday to Joan Baez. Use a song title or lyrics by Joan Baez.

Diamonds and Rust
The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
There but for Fortune
Sweet Sir Galahad
Love is Just a Four-Letter Word
Lily of the West
The House of the Rising Song - (not hers but she did a great cover)
A Satisfied Mind
Annabel Lee - this was a Edgar Allen Poe poem
Three Horses

January 10 - Save the Eagles Day - Use eagles (or another endangered species) on your project
Sea Turtles
Elephants
Rhinos
Tigers
Gorilla
Orangutan

January 11- National Milk Day - SURPRISE ME… how can you use this theme!

January 12 - Today is the 12th day of the new year… use a dozen of some type of embellishment…

January 13 - National Sticker Day - Well… this one is easy! LOL!

Edited by Deanna Schuler on 01-11-19 09:55 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler

January 14 - Dress up your pet day - Do a silly project featuring a pet or other animal… it doesn’t HAVE to be dressed up! LOL!

January 15 - National Hat Day - Include a photo of someone wearing a hat … or perhaps two… three...

January 16 - International Hot and Spicy Food Day - Use Warm (or Hot) colors on your project).

January 17 - Ben Franklin Day - This man had some great sayings. Use one for a title or journaling.
- “Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.”
- “A penny saved is a penny earned.”
- “I didn’t fail the test, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong.”
- “Hide not your talents, they for use were made, What’s a sundial in the shade?”
- “Trouble knocked at the door, but, hearing laughter, hurried away.”
- “We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!”
- “You can do anything you set your mind to”
- “An apple a day keeps the doctor away.”

January 18 - Winnie the Pooh Day - Winnie is a very lovable bear… Make a project featuring a bear, a stuffie (stuffed animal), or a favorite toy.

January 19 - National Popcorn Day - Popcorn a YUMMY snack at home, the movie, the circus, a ballgame… find some great “popcorn” memories.

January 20 - Penguin Awareness Day - Use a black and white photo … or use mostly black and white on your page.

Edited by Deanna Schuler on 01-20-19 05:55 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler

January 21 - National Hugging Day - Do a project that shows or GIVES a hug!

January 22 - National Polka Dot Day - Again this explains itself!

January 23 - National Handwriting Day - YEP… use your own handwriting on a project!

January 24 - Belly Laugh Day - Do a project that shows someone laughing or tells a joke.

January 25 -

January 26 -

January 27 -

Edited by Deanna Schuler on 01-20-19 05:55 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler

January 28 -

January 29 -

January 30 -

January 31 -

Expert

I have ideas for several of the days already....now to just get time to scrap. The end of the semester at school, so lot of art project grading to get done.

Thanks for offering this inspiration again.

Lisa

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to ArtsyLC

Thanks for hosting!

I did this one last night of the confederation bridge so it fits for #5
Confederation Bridge By Scrapanda

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler
In response to Scrapanda

Wahoo! Sorry it took me a couple days... trying to get my house in order after being out of town and then preparing for the new semester of work and GULP college classes!

SusanneG
Idol
SusanneG

Thanks for hosting again! I will really try this month to get something done. I love this challenge, but last month I did not even get one layout done for it. So I hope it will be better in January

Motherload
Guru
Motherload
In response to SusanneG

Really enjoyed last month so I'm glad you're hosting this again. Gotta put my thinking cap on to figure out how I can incorporate these into some of my layouts. Just a FYI: there were several days in December that your inspiration really helped take my layout in a new direction, so thanks for inspiring me!

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler
In response to Motherload

I am so glad my dailies helped... I had several pages I wanted to do but never found time... perhaps I will still add them as I do them lol...

I actually did a page today but it doesnt fit any of the dailies... unless I manage to find some kind of poem... hmmm... that's a thought!

toni-n-tn
Diva
toni-n-tn

wow, this sounds fun, and such great ideas for inspiration
pieces. Hope to play a bit.

LelaScraps-n-Stamps
Idol
LelaScraps-n-Stamps
In response to SusanneG

• SusanneG Said:
Thanks for hosting again! I will really try this month to get something done. I love this challenge, but last month I did not even get one layout done for it. So I hope it will be better in January

This was ME too! I was busy with mostly fun stuff in December (and December Album) so I didn't get much regular scrappin' done ... I hope to this month!

thanks for the inspiration

Seafire
Veteran
Seafire
In response to LelaScraps-n-Stamps

Great ideas! I'll do what I can.

Teresakay
Mayor
Teresakay
In response to Seafire

I hope to get some done this month trying to finish up my project 52 for 2018 right now so maybe some will work for my pages for it .

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to Teresakay

Daily #2 (quote)
Sweet Memories By Scrapanda

toni-n-tn
Diva
toni-n-tn
In response to Scrapanda

Using #2 quote:

date night - January inspiration (quote); Tic-tac-toe; stamping challenge; Volume 2019; Lift your Faves By Toni-n-tn

tfl,

nvmagpie
Governor
nvmagpie
In response to toni-n-tn

Thanks for hosting! I always check this out for inspiration! Here is one for Jan 4th - Spaghetti

Out to Eat By Nvmagpie

Expert
In response to nvmagpie

What is it with boys and rocks? My 16 year old is still dragging in ones he finds unique and interesting. I used to think he'd be a geologist or archeologist.

Deanna, super excited about the argyle inspiration. Fun and challenging.

Edited by ArtsyLC on 01-07-19 10:31 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Motherload
Guru
Motherload
In response to ArtsyLC

Got one done for 1/2. Since this sentiment isn't original to me, I assume it's a quote, and you all can decide how inspirational it is! It says "Good times are even better when they are shared."
EMS - Spring Blooms By Motherload

Seafire
Veteran
Seafire

The Guardian By Seafire
Day 7: Rocks!

Seafire
Veteran
Seafire
In response to Seafire

Heckendorf By Seafire

Day 5: Golden (village, no bridge though)

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler
In response to Seafire

I got one done for my own challenge! LOL

For January 1 Apple Gifting Day

Jacob learns "A" By Deanna Schuler

Jacob's Apple By Deanna Schuler

Jacob's Apple Friends By Deanna Schuler

Expert

For the 5th, using gold:

Believe (2018) By ArtsyLC

Expert
In response to ArtsyLC

For Day 6 (poem), the poem inside the card is:
Bottles and booties,
bibs and more.
a new little someone
to love and adore!

Baby Card (Elephant) By ArtsyLC

nvmagpie
Governor
nvmagpie
In response to nvmagpie

1/11 - Milk - how about a cup of hot cocoa?

Miss Funny Face By Nvmagpie

toni-n-tn
Diva
toni-n-tn
In response to nvmagpie

here is one for the 3rd - someone sleeping

absolutely adorable By Toni-n-tn

I have to check out the more recent dates now.

tfl,

Expert
In response to toni-n-tn

For 13: 10 Stickers

Ugly Sweaters By ArtsyLC

Expert
In response to ArtsyLC

Daily 10: Eagle (Stat girls have eagles embroidered on their jackets.)

Eagle Nation By ArtsyLC

Expert
In response to ArtsyLC

Here's one for the 8th Argyle. It was really fun to do, I took diamond paper and used thin washi to turn it into the argyle pattern.

Partners in Crime By ArtsyLC

toni-n-tn
Diva
toni-n-tn
In response to ArtsyLC

acu

Expert
In response to toni-n-tn

For Day 2: Inspirational Quote and Day 12: 12 embellishments- I used 12 snowflake die cuts.

GIVING By ArtsyLC

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to nvmagpie

Home from our vacation and itching to start scrapping again!

Expert
In response to Scrapanda

Day 20: black and white

happy By ArtsyLC

DYnWV
DYnWV 
Angel
DYnWV
  • DYnWV on 01-21-19 07:33 AM
In response to ArtsyLC

I just found this challenge. If it's ok, I'd like to join in. I have one that meets the Hat Day and one that meets the Belly Laugh requirements.
And I have ideas for a couple more.

Hat Day: Santa's rockin' that hat!
Believe Wish & Love By DYnWV

Belly Laugh Day: I even have the 'belly laugh' phrase/description in the hidden journaling.
Fake Excitement By DYnWV

If these don't qualify, please let me know.

Motherload
Guru
Motherload
In response to DYnWV

So excited to incorporate a challenge into my layout. For 1/10 (Save the Eagles), I scrapbooked photos of another endangered animal - elephants.
EMS - Unforgettable Elephants By Motherload

DYnWV
DYnWV 
Angel
DYnWV
  • DYnWV on 01-21-19 09:18 AM

I'm acu2h

Expert
In response to DYnWV

For Day 23: Handwritten

best gift EVER! By ArtsyLC