Username Post: Feeling Frustrated        (Topic#1675447)
joshuaminh426
Veteran
joshuaminh426

It's 2019! I shouldn't be having this hard of a time finding embellishments for a same-sex wedding. Everything says "Mr. and Mrs." I shouldn't have to buy two of everything just to be able to form "Mrs. and Mrs." It's time scrapbooking companies step it up!

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl
In response to joshuaminh426

I think the scrapbooking world is always playing catch up. I remember my kid being in Girl Scouts and there was no such thing as Girl Scout themed embellishments until a few years later AFTER I finished all her pages .

Always an upside : you'll be ready for the next Mr. & Mr. wedding if you already have 2 packages of embellishments.

I do hope that some of the SB companies step up.... it's time. This will impact all of us who make cards and scrapbook for those we love.

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to gluemore girl

My son is getting married in May and I hadn't even thought about that dilemma, yikes!

You can send me your leftover Mr. and Mr. stuff, LOL

Edited by Doreena on 01-14-19 08:06 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to Doreena

On another note... scrapbook companies need to create (more) Mini-Pig scrapbook papers and embellishments! Just my own personal gripe...

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper
In response to Doreena

I feel that way about other faith embellishments too or anything that is becoming mainstream, but not mainstream to certain companies.

I went to Pride in 2018 and I am going to scrapbook some of the photos. I joined a monthly sticker club that is privately owned and the owner handcrafted a lot of rainbow themed stickers for June. I'm going to use those.

I can see the dilemma and I really do hope that more mainstream companies step up. It's time.

don1
don1 
Pro
don1
  • don1 on 01-14-19 06:43 PM
In response to pierced_scrapper

I think your dilemma can be summed up in 2 words, Provo Utah.

Donna Davis1
Tenant
Donna Davis1
In response to don1

You got that right! Don't expect crafting companies to do those themes. It's a sad truth!

Donna Davis1
Tenant
Donna Davis1
In response to Donna Davis1

Maybe if you have a cricut or silhouette you can design your own....

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to Donna Davis1

Yeah, I was thinking you could make your own embellies too. If you don't have one of the machines, maybe use some sticker letters mounted on a nice back ground then cut out.

Vivian Lake
Diva
Vivian Lake
In response to Deb-doodle

I'm on your side, but most of the companies we know and adore are Christian based. You most likely will never seem them do anything like this. Designing your own may be the only way to go.

On a lighter note, we are not sports fanatics in the "normal" sense in our house. Would love to see more martial art themed anything. Less football. LOL . . . think it would happen?

Cylara
Cylara 
New Kid On the Block
Cylara
In response to Vivian Lake

I saw an MBI album on Amazon with a martial arts theme cover and wished I had something to put in it lol

angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0
In response to Cylara

Yup, I completely agree. It's like companies are afraid to create embellishments that will offend religious grannies or something.

BlueAlgaeRachel
New Kid On the Block
BlueAlgaeRachel
In response to angel1dot0

Im an artist and graphic designer who has been thinking about trying my hand at SB materials design (for a creative challenge) but have been in need of a topic or theme that interests me. OMG do I love the LGBTQ community/issues. So excited for this challenge. Thanks so much for voicing this need!!!

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to BlueAlgaeRachel

• BlueAlgaeRachel Said:

Im an artist and graphic designer who has been thinking about trying my hand at SB materials design (for a creative challenge) but have been in need of a topic or theme that interests me. OMG do I love the LGBTQ community/issues. So excited for this challenge. Thanks so much for voicing this need!!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics