Username Post: preparing for a crop weekend        (Topic#1675463)
New Kid On the Block

I haven't been on a retreat in more than 10 years. since the days of the red sizzix. I can't carry too much, 67, but I am close enough to go home. Do I take laptop. silhouette etc?

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to muffybf

I am too old to be wagging heavy things around. I carry my tablet. No Cricut, no Silhoutte, no Scan "N Cut. I carry my Cuttle bug and the dies I think I might use. But then I am not much on using electronic machines. I pack as light as I can. If you know others at the retreat find out what they are carrying and pack what they are not so you all can share?

Edited by southgirl on 01-21-19 08:38 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to southgirl

I do all work to be cut with electric machines before I go to the crop. Then I put them in envelopes and file folders. I bought a collapsible wagon at Lowe's many years ago and drag it with my stuff but I do not take electronic machines with me.

I used to take my Slice because it was small but found it was too much trouble. I just made page kits myself with everything precut and then cut mats with my trimmer and glued everything down - even made final arrangements at the crops.

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl
In response to Henri Jean

Like Henri Jean, I now make page kits and carry one small tote of tools, ink, embellishments. I take some extra Cardstock. If you can't make page kits, limit yourself to some cardstock, a favorite paper pack, etc.
Here's what I brought last year:
Packed for a weekend crop By Gluemore Girl
I am almost done packing for this year's weekend crop and I don't need the large tote on the right. I have a small tote filled with my page kits and thinking I might just put them all in the rolling tote. I do love this rolling tote from WRMK, it has the small suitcase on top that I fill with heavier tools like punches, but also holds my selected washi tapes, and small boxes photo sized iris boxes of wood veneers, enamel dots, miniature alphas, etc.
Hope this helps.

Edited by gluemore girl on 01-21-19 02:59 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics