Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: February VLB (Very Laid Back)--Loving the Love!        (Topic#1675511)
scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

It's February, and it's time to scrap and make cards . . . and be part of the Very Laid Back (VLB) challenge. Some of us will get lots done, some of us won't. That's what's so great about this challenge--no pressure, just post the projects you get done, share love, and join the chatter!!

Can’t wait to see your projects!

1. Scrapperbee, Bev
2. Tena E.
3. DYnWV, Denise
4. Henri Jean
5. dancinirish90, Lisa
6. godschild94, Janeen
7. nvmagpie, Susan
8. t-towngirl, Blanca
9. autumngold, Deb
10. julie101

Edited by scrapperbee on 02-27-19 04:41 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tena E.
Angel
Tena E.
In response to scrapperbee

Hi Bev, me please

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to Tena E.

Of course, Tena! Hoping the cold weather is providing mojo for scrapping!

DYnWV
DYnWV 
Angel
DYnWV
  • DYnWV on 01-31-19 10:02 AM

Hi there!! Man, I can't believe I forgot to jump in here during January!

I humbly come knocking at your door!!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to DYnWV

Hey Denise - I've missed you!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to Henri Jean

Oh - forgot - Bev, will you sign me up again please?

DYnWV
DYnWV 
Angel
DYnWV
  • DYnWV on 01-31-19 10:46 AM

Hi Henri, I've missed you as well!

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to DYnWV

Denise, yes, been missing you!

And, of course, Henri--couldn't do without you!

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90

I'm here!

Hi Denise!

I just finished getting cu on the January thread. Yes, it has been ridiculous here in the Chicago/Milwaukee area this week. But I don't really mind it - everything has been cancelled so it's just been time to relax at home. I got one page done. I'll be back to post it as soon as I get it uploaded.

DYnWV
DYnWV 
Angel
DYnWV
  • DYnWV on 01-31-19 03:29 PM
In response to dancinirish90

Hi Bev and Lisa!
Good to see everyone!

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

That's my thoughts, Lisa. Don't mind the snow and cold if I can just stay home in my warm house.

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90

I'd rather be cold than hot. You can always grab another blanket, but there's only so much you can do to cool off, and I hate being sweaty unless I'm working out. When you are just sitting there minding your own business and you're sweating... no thank you. I will never move to a warm climate. LOL My only concern this week has been the dogs -- getting them out and back in quickly. They've been in sweaters all week, and they are over it. LOL BTW, today is Abby's 12th birthday.

Here's the LO I finished this morning.
8th grade gift By Dancinirish90

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

Happy Birthday, Abby!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

If I'm cold, I can crank up the heat or grab something warmer or do something to get warm.

If I'm overly hot, nothing helps. Just don't like it. Even though its not bad here in Florida, its cold to us and we don't like it. Not at all!

DYnWV
DYnWV 
Angel
DYnWV
  • DYnWV on 01-31-19 06:04 PM

Lisa, I'm sitting here nodding my head with you! DH and I have a file on my laptop that is labeled Housing Options. It is full of photos and information on houses we have researched in Anchorage, Fairbanks, and Fargo. It usually gets a lot of action during July-September. All of our friends are busy planning retiring to Florida and all we can talk about is moving as far north as possible!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to ABBY!!

Edited by DYnWV on 01-31-19 06:05 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to DYnWV

Funny, we are totally happy right here in Northeast TN--have four seasons, and in summer not as hot as Chicago, Nashville, Florida, etc., but in winter not as cold as Midwest, Northeast, etc.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

I love Tennessee and could live there very happily but Bill likes it warm - if I would say okay - he would love to move even further south.

godschild94
Governor
godschild94

I'm here again too. Love hanging out with you ladies every month!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to godschild94

Always good to have you back Janeen!

I'm here again, but have been so occupied with other stuff, I haven't been scrapping much. I do have 12 pages of Easter Island, some sea day pages and 4 pages of Fakarava, French Polynesia done but not proofed and edited. I need to get to those but have been so preoccupied with other things.

Medical - I'm 69 years old and I'm taking care of all those little medical things I've postponed and posted for years and so is my husbnd.

Had a stent put in and bushed up into my stomach to get blood flowing right - no pain or soreness and the next day had the energy in my legs I did 20 years ago! Then 4 leg ablations - one or two a week and I didn't like those at all. Made my legs sore and hurting again - last one was a few days ago and now I'm all over the place again and the improvement in my knees and what I feel like doing is just amazing.

They said they will continue to heal inside (veins should be 2 cms. for normal, healthy blood flow - I had some less than one and blood was pooling up, not going through and other places there they were 8.2 cms - especially behind my knees. Every time I sat, the big ones pooled up and the pain when I stood often made me yelp and brought me to tears. All that pain is gone, I can stand and sit without hardly any pain, and the surgeries are still fresh and its better every day. No pain at all getting out of bed this morning. Legs and knees no longer swell one bit. Ankles don't hurt at night. They don't swell anymore! At all!

Waiting to get new cataracts and I'm going with the top-end bionic ones which will be bi-focal lens implants. No more glasses once that is done but I have to wait another month and a half for that. They won't do it right now because of the surgery I just had for the vein stent.

We went for our annual dermatology skin checks ups. Never had skin cancer and at our age, we like to be checked every year to make sure we don't have it. On Friday she scraped a small patch off my husband's lower back and a patch off the lower off the lower part of my lower leg. Both negative - his was eczema is disappearing with cream and mine wasn't anything at all - just a precaution she wanted to check.

Next week we have a bi-annual blood work and the week after - our bi-annual physicals. Don't expect to find anything.

Also next week, BIll has a echo cardiagram to get an accurate rate of the voltage left on his pacemaker, then the following couple days or the next week we have an appointment with his cardiologist to see how soon we can replace his pacemaker. It has to below a certain amount of volts. Hopefully we can get that over-with in February or early March if its low enough. Its outpatient and he will have to take it easy for a couple days - says the doctor. When he got it in 2012 on a Thursday, came home on Friday and on Saturday was mowing the front yard with a push mower.

Anyway, not much longer after all the medical is done and checked - we are good to go. No more health issues for either of us and we can travel and do things again without having to worry about issues cropping up. All the little things we have been putting off will be done. And I will be able to walk and do things fun without my legs hurting.

I almost had my knees replaced - every doctor sends me to an orthopedic who does more x-rays and shows me that my knees are a mess and need replacing. I almost did it a couple time the pain hurt so bad. Finally I told bill about 3 weeks ago - no more doctors for my knees or orthopedic doctors right now. First I'm going to a vein doctor and see what is going on with my veins. I'm a Christian and I hear that little voice that gives me good advice sometime that told me in the middle of the night - its your veins. Go to a vein clinic. No doctor had suggested this to me, but I called the vein clinic and made an appointment for screening the next day.

She also did one on my husband - he's fine. She told me - we need to do a deep screening, you have some issues. Then the doctor met with me a few minutes later between other patients and scheduled the stent for 2 days away! It was an answer to a prayer! Immediate relief by the time I got home from the hospital!

They told me my leg and knee pain was nearly all veins and the veins were such a mess and blood flow so bad, if I had listened to doctors and orthopedic people and had my knees done, they would have taken forever to heal because I didn't have proper blood flow for healing.

They said I may still need knee replacement and maybe not - will have to see how I feel after the vein procedures. Well, my knees are not bothering me much at all. A little twinge in my knee caps sometimes but not pain. Don't know if I will ever need the knee surgery now or not! May just need a little cortisone from time to time and won't know for a while. Right now - knees are fine.

What is funny is after the stent was put in and I went in for follow up, the doctor looked at my face kind of funny and I asked him why he was looking at my face. He said my skin had been so pasty white in my face and now that blood was flowing as it should, my skin had a rosy color to it (I had no makeup on). He said I can look at your face and see the improvement in the blood flow! Bill can also see the slight pink to my face too and so can I! I'm not so pasty looking.

I used to entertains - my ex-husband business associates and church friends, even had a group of 30 church people over every other Monday night for dessert as part of my ministry. I loved entertaining. When I was married to my first husband for 9 years I never worked outside the home. I entertained. He called a couple times a week at 3:00 or 4:00 to tell me he was working with a client or another radio announcer on some commercials and everyone was coming to our house in an hour or two. I could put a big meal together that quickly.

My kitchen was full of sets of dishes, serving pieces, decorations for everything and we entertained friends for dinner parties all the time. That was my element.

After we divorced I quit entertaining like that and then got completely away from entertaining.

The bug has bitten me again and I started entertaining again l2 or 3 weeks ago. It was a few days after my leg vein surgery and I had a huge dinner party - first one in about 35 years! A friend who is a former state senator in New Mexico was coming to stay for a couple days and asked me if I would do a home cooked meal, something he never gets anymore. I asked what he wanted. He said his favofrite meal is Thanksgiving and he was in the Philippines last year and didn't get a Thanksgiving dinner. I invited other couples so we would have nice dinner conversation, pulled out the Thanksgiving table cloth and dishes and decorations and did it up as if it were Thanksgiving, even though it was January.

I started with a 14 1/2 pound turkey, smallest I've ever cooked, but didn't need the leftovers. Then homemade scratch southern cornbread dressing casserole, giblet gravy, 5 pounds of Yukon gold mashed potatoes, a casserole of sweet potato casserole, 2 corn souffles, peas with bacon, Coca Cola Bing Cherry gelatin salad, crescent rolls (from Pillsbury), cranberry sauce (from can) broccoli salad, a cherry cheesecake and a scratch chocolate fudge cake with chocolate fudge frosting. Oh - no one will let me have a dinner without deviled eggs!

Then I started cooking and prepping around 10AM on Friday morning so I wouldn't wake Bill up banging things around in the kitchen and cooked for 16 straight hours until 2AM.

Saturday morning, day of party I got and started cooking at 7AM and BIll had a lot to do so he got up and worked on the yard and helped me a bit. Company started coming at 5:30 and we ate at 6:00.

By 9 all the dishes were put away, leftovers in the fridge and we had a wonderful time just visiting with our friends.

Then a few nights later one of our neighbors had relatives visiting and wanted them to meet his neighbors so we met at Sonny's bbq and then everyone came back to our house to eat some of the leftover chocolate cake and cheesecake. We ate most of it and sat around the big table and talked for hours.

Then the next night was Bill's birthday so it was dinner out and then back to our house with a group of 6 for after dinner desserts - lemon meringue pie (which someone else backed) and cupcakes (that someone else brought) - but still, it was at our house.

No I'm getting ready for my big Valentine's eve dessert for 12. Going crazy getting that together. Since I gave up so much of my entertaining and holiday stuff, I'm ordering a lot of oit again.

Got a new red 60" x 120" tablecloth on the big table and ordered matching 70" round tablecloths for both of my accent tables in the dining room with the American Fostoria punch bowl and the other table has the smaller American Fostoria punch bowl and all the cups. Will be pretty with all the red. Also have a dozen matching red dinner napkins I ordered at the same time as the other 3 cloths.

Using white Wedgewood bone chine plates - completely plain with no decorations to compete with food or other decorations. Some how I only had setting for 10 and I just need the plate so found 2 more plates on ebay and ordered yesterday.

I have 16 glasses that are clear with red, white and pink hearts all over them so those will be great with the red tablecloth and white plates. I have 2 medium and 2 small American Fostoria candle holders and ordered dusty rose candles for them which have already been shipped - may get them today. Nice ones - had to be custom made for me. Those will go in the candle holders on the dining room table and the candle holders in the living room.

Last night I ordered a round printed table cloth with hearts all over it for the second table in the dining room which seats 4 (we use that table every day) and matching napkins for it so it will blend with the other table. I didn't want a big red table, a second table with a red cloth and then two accent clothes with punch bowls in red too. I want some variety so the 41" round printed table cloth will give some contrast and still blend nicely.

And will work with the white dishes. Will get a small round red flower arrangement for smaller table and larger one for the bigger table with candles on each end.

Decorations are mostly out - and I have one whole shelf area of Charming Tails Valentine's Mouse. Didn't need 4 new ones this year, but I got them anyway for Valentine's Day.

Ordered 2 heart cake pans last night for the two layers of the German chocolate cake and ordered a heart-shaped springform last night for the cherry cheesecake.

Think I will have a bowl of fresh strawberries with a strawberry dip that easy to make. Need one more dessert - was gong to do pineapple upside down cake with cherries or something else valentiney - but a neighbor really wants to make a Valentine's day dessert and bring it. She will let me know what so that will be nice. She went shopping yesterday and bought all kinds of baking decorations for cakes and things and I don't know what else yesterday and wants to make something nice for Valentines so I will welcome her addition.

I also have 16 champagne flutes in clear with the red white and pink hearts to match the other glasses. Bill is not supposed to have any alcohol at all with his pacemaker and blood thinner, although the doctor said an occasional glass won't hurt him so I might buy a couple bottles of a nice Moscato sweet dinner wine - not much alcohol at all and he hasn't had a glass in 4 or 5 months so he could have a flute of that if he really wanted it.

So I'm back in my element again - entertaining and having dinner parties and desserts.

I am going with dinner plates instead of cake plates or smaller because there is an assortment of desserts and I want the plates to accommodate everything without using them over and over or having to get additional plates.

Am also starting the planning and prep for St. Patricks Day dessert the night before - I need all new napkins and tablecloths for the accent tables and round and the big dinner table.

We are discussing adding a very wide sunroom so I can get another table out there with chairs right off the dining room with comfortable seating areas in a group too so I can accommodate 20 or so people.

On my sun room, I want two hanging porch swings in white to face each other with nice cushions and a white wicker end table on each end so people can swing and talk and have food or beverages. Then the current round table from our dining room that we use for our kitchen table, then a comfortable wicker group seating.

I don't allow food or drinks in my living room or carpeted areas so the sun room will be a great entertaining addition.

And that is why I haven't been scrapping much or posting as much. I am just too lazy to proof read and edit Easter Island and Fakarava so I can post them. Maybe I'll do a couple pages today. I'm happy back in my old entertaining lifestyle! One dinner party and I was hooked on entertaining again and my husband who thought I was nuts every time I mentioned I wanted to have people over or have a dinner party thought I was nuts.

I doubt I do many dinner parties though - just too much work at my age. But I see a lot of desserts and appetizer parties and in my future!

I had completely forgotten this part of my old life and how much I absolutely loved it!

Will probably scrap some tonight - I have to tell you, when I had my leg ablations done, I had to take 3 or 4 Valiums before each procedure and I've never taken it before. Just one got me loopy.

Before my last treatment, or maybe the procedure before that, I had taken 3 of the 4 required valiums (one 2 hours before surgery, one 1 hour before surgery, one 30 minutes before surgery - I took the 4th one once I got to the doctor's office. Anyway, I had taken 3 and looked at Bill and said, "You know, you don't look so good anymore."

Then I had the procedures and came home and sat in the recliner with my laptop and scrapped for an couple hours each time. After telling me husband he didn't look so good anymore (He's the sexiest man I know - I love the way he looks - he just keeps looking better to me!), there is no telling what I wrote in my Easter Island and Fakarava journaling!

Okay - I'm chatty today. Now, back to my recipe searching and party planning.

Think I will go through the hundreds of recipes in a big box and sort out by holiday, or what it is so I don't have to spend hours.

My most used recipes are in the computer already, but there are many recipes in the box I haven't made in years and forgotten about. Time to start putting those all in the computer!

Tomorrow night I have to pack and get ready for a 2-day excursion of our own. I've never been to St. Augustine and have always wanted to go. Actually a bucket list item, but somehow, we never get to the places closest to home - never even been to Disney but had no desire to go since my legs always hurt so bad. Now I'm ready for Disney someday.

Anyway, BIll does a lot of secret shopper assignments every week. We did a Five Guys Burgers yesterday afternoon and Papa John's all the time.

He got an offer for an assignment in St. Augustine - they pay for the red trolley line and we get 3 day tickets to go all over St. Augustine, we get to review the Ripley Believe It or Not Museum and have to spend at least $10 each in two different gift shops - they will reimburse us $10 for each of the gift shop purchases and the rest is out of our pocket. Bill found a reasonable hotel for us and almost everything else is secret shopper so we get reimbursed for it all.

Today, most of my day will be spent researching all the things I want to see in St. Augustine - the old pharmacy which they actually have people in time period clothes showing how it was, the old prison, also with actors I think, the states oldest school house, what was believed to be the fountain of youth. I also need to investigate restaurants - there is a seafood place I want to find that is known for it homemade pies - a woman makes them at home and brings them to the restaurant. Not sure which restaurant. Lots of investigating and research today. Feel some scrapbook pages coming on about this.

Tomorrow will probably research more, play with recipes more, pack and get ready for our trip.

Sorry I've been so chatty this morning, just really feel good and feel like doing things. This is the first time in 10 years I've been with no leg or knee pain, other than a little deep soreness which can take up to a year to completely heal, but still, that feels a whole lot better than it has since I can remember. I feel like I have new legs! And a million times more energy!

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

Bottom line, Henri--glad you're feeling good!

nvmagpie
Governor
nvmagpie

Count me in for this month. I still have to catch up on love for January.

Wow Henri - you are getting to be very energetic! Maybe it is the better blood circulation.

I on the other hand have been lazy. My back bothers me and I am not sure what I will do about it. I think I will have to set my mind on a goal and move some more. If the pain gets worse I'll have to see a doctor. My problem I really don't have a doctor near here.

Meantime DS just had foot surgery for bone spurs, removal of bone fragments in the ankle and a tightening of a tendon/ligament. He hopes to go back to work Monday - but isn't sure. He is non-weight bearing for 4-6 weeks. He'll have to be driven to work too.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to nvmagpie

I guess Brian will just have to wait to see how he feels. He's pretty young and the younger ones bounce back pretty quickly. Just don't want him to overdo and its almost impossible not to over do when you start to do things after surgery. He just has to really listen to his body.

I'm not one to talk - after full hysterectomy on Tuesday or Wednesday, I went to a scrapbook crop Friday night, then Saturday we went to my mother's house for 4 or 5 days. The following weekend we left on a 3 1/2 month cruise - Europe and Med. But - I did take it easier than I otherwise would have the first 10 weeks. Sort of.

Some people like chiropractors and really get good results, others really rather not. As a big believer in chiropractors, since I've had such good luck with them, I recommend them but if it isn't your cup of tea, then it may not be best for you. But if you are open to them, maybe they would help.

After 2 doctors told me I need back surgery about 20 years ago, after a couple trips to the chiropractor put me back in shape and I haven't had a back issue since. I suffered with them all the time prior to that.

My dad injured his back once and was rushed to the emergency room. They told him all they could do was surgery and suggested a chiropractor first. This was 30 or 40 years before he died, and he never had another day of back trouble.

Even when my son hurt his back at work we took him to a chiropractor and she said, "Get him to the emergency room immediately - he's in too much pain and I will just hurt him more right now."

They kept him on a morphine drip for about 6 hours and when he could move without quite as much pain, they told him to go back to the chiropractor now. He did and has very few back problems even now.

I've been to good chiropractors and I've gone to some real quacks who just hurt me more. That is the hard part of chiropractic - finding a good one.

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

Susan, hope you all start feeling better!

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Hi Bev, count me in. Have not been here in ages.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Hi Bev, count me in. Have not been here in ages.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to t-towngirl

80 Easter Island - Rapa Nui By Henri Jean

81 Easter Island - Rapa Nui By Henri Jean

81 (both sides) Easter Island - Rapa Nui By Henri Jean

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

Welcome, Blanca! been missing you!

autumngold
Mayor
autumngold

I'd like to join in this month

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to autumngold

Deb, wonderful to have you back!

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

Have been working on this for days--well, it's been sitting on the table for days!

The Hermitage By Scrapperbee

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

And another--hope I can keep it going!

Thursday Afternoon By Scrapperbee

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

82 Easter Island - Rapa Nui By Henri Jean

83 Easter Island - Rapa Nui By Henri Jean

83 (both sides) Easter Island - Rapa Nui By Henri Jean

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

• scrapperbee Said:
Welcome, Blanca! been missing you!

Thanks Bev!

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

ACU!

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

Blanca, it's a wonderful cruise. If you go to St. Petersburg, let me know and I'll send you the info on the guide we used.

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90

Henri, how wonderful that they were able to do something to give you so much improvement! You sound so happy and full of energy!

julie101
Diva
julie101

I’m in please

nvmagpie
Governor
nvmagpie
In response to julie101

ACU

autumngold
Mayor
autumngold
In response to nvmagpie

I'm working on an album for a short trip to the Rochester Jazz Festival with DS's Jazz Band. It's almost done:

Rochester Jazz Festival By Autumngold

Rochester Jazz Festival By Autumngold

Trip to Niagara Falls By Autumngold

Niagara Falls By Autumngold

autumngold
Mayor
autumngold

I wasn't prepared for how commercialized the Niagara Falls area is. It really detracts from the waterfall.

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

Hi, Julie!

And, Henri--can't believe I forgot to mention the mosaics--they are stunning!

Edited by scrapperbee on 02-03-19 10:01 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

Just one more St. Petersburg lo to go after this--then Copenhagen, then Baltic part of June cruise is done!

Friday in St. Petersburg By Scrapperbee

nvmagpie
Governor
nvmagpie

DO2

Tri-Motor on Display By Nvmagpie

SBD Dauntless By Nvmagpie

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to nvmagpie

DO:
Happy Easter to You By Dancinirish90

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

When we went back to Easter Island, we didn't get to visit Orongo, the home of the legendary Birdman cult - one of the weirdest cults every. This time we made time to visit the place where the contests were held and I was fascinated with the history of the Birdman cult - couldn't wait to do more research on it. The culture attached to the Birdman cult really has a lot to do with the mystery of Easter Island - this and the moai's - which I researched for the next page to learn more about the giant statues.

84 Easter Island - Rapa Nui By Henri Jean

85 Easter Island - Rapa Nui By Henri Jean

85 (both sides) Easter Island - Rapa Nui By Henri Jean

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to nvmagpie

St. Petersburg--last lo.

In response to some of your comments--it was much more beautiful and impressive than I ever imagined. I highly recommend you go there if you ever can.

St. Petersburg By Scrapperbee

Tena E.
Angel
Tena E.

Happy Monday, I see there is lots to catch up on. I didn't get any scrapping done this weekend but am spending the day in my scraproom today hoping to get something done.

BBL to get ACU

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to Tena E.

Copenhagen! Now to the British Isles!

Copenhagen By Scrapperbee

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to Tena E.

Hi ladies! With all the snow and cold we had this past week, I've scrapped a ton of layouts. I've loaded 22 layouts since the 28th...I don't want to bomb you all so I will just post my faves. You can check out my gallery if you want to see more.

Endless Summer Smiles By Godschild94

Hello Minnie By Godschild94

Monorail Magic By Godschild94

Wanted: For Too Much Birthday Fun! By Godschild94

American Adventure By Godschild94

Orlando Here We Come! By Godschild94

Tena E.
Angel
Tena E.

I'm getting very frustrated with my computer again. First my old photo editing software is not compatible with Windows 10, so I'm not liking how my photos are printing with what I have now...secondly not sure how I'm going to post my pages, my PSE works fine for stitching them, just a pain getting everything together. Hopefully I'll get the hang of it

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to Tena E.

Just one to share

#Selfie Layout By Julie101

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to julie101

Tena, worst thing about a new computer--I couldn't use my old photo editing program either--still don't like the new one, and it's been a year!

nvmagpie
Governor
nvmagpie

Not caught up yet - but on page 3

Tena E.
Angel
Tena E.

• scrapperbee Said:
Tena, worst thing about a new computer--I couldn't use my old photo editing program either--still don't like the new one, and it's been a year!

Bev, this is killing me, at this rate it'll take me two days just to post one page...too many extra steps
But here is my first one for this month.

9th grade By Tena E.

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to Tena E.

I still use the old Picasa even though it's not supported anymore. I transferred it from my old laptop to my new one, and it works fine on Windows 10. It just doesn't get any updates, so I don't know how long it will continue to work. I only use PSE to resize my photos and put them on 4x6's to print. I have something that came with my new HP printer, but I haven't even opened the software to see what it is/does. I hate change!! lol

Tena E.
Angel
Tena E.

Lisa, I was using the photo editing program that came w/Windows 8 and it was perfect for me...the new one not so much. It has some nice filters but I'm not into using those much. I do have a couple others, one from my Epson printer and one from my Olympus camera but they are still not what I want to use all the time. I'm making my way with this one but I still don't like it. I'm going to do some searching and see if I can find something better.

I mainly use my PSE for stitching my pages together, because I've never been able to take a decent photo of my pages and gave up long ago, the scan and stitch method works perfect for me.

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to Tena E.

That's why I take pictures now--I gave up! Plus, the picture goes straight from my phone to my computer. I just can't take a picture without distorting the lo though.

Edited by scrapperbee on 02-05-19 05:02 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Tena - all layouts I post that are paper/trimmer are stitched in PSE. Just takes a minute - I scan the picture on 4 sides and then just takes a minute with the new PSE - the 2018 version of PSE makes it quick as a flash to stitch.

I use Photo Gallery that came with my windows 8. I think you can still download it - I downloaded it on this computer not too long ago. It had been discontinued and is not supported anymore but I'm still using it.

Tena E.
Angel
Tena E.

Henri, stitching my pages together in PSE is not a problem at all, I love how this works for me. It's the editing program/software that I don't like. I print all my own photos so editing them is important and what I have now just makes you take too many steps which takes up to much time and I really don't like it.

Thanks for letting me know about downloading Photo Gallery, that's what I was using and love...I'm going to go see if I can get it downloaded on here.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl
In response to Tena E.

Hi ladies! I am ACU!

DYnWV
DYnWV 
Angel
DYnWV
  • DYnWV on 02-06-19 06:36 AM

Hi....jumping back in here with a card bomb, LOL

I needed to get the church February birthday cards knocked out, so I put a nice dent into the list of recipients!

Happy Birthday (Feb. Card Sketch #2) By DYnWV
Happy Birthday (Feb. Card Sketch #3) By DYnWV
Special Birthday Wishes (Feb. Card Sketch #5) By DYnWV
Blue/Pink Cake By DYnWV
Blue/Yellow Cake By DYnWV
Green/Yellow Cake By DYnWV
Pink/Green Cake By DYnWV
Red/White Cake By DYnWV
Purple/Pink Cake By DYnWV
Teal/Green/Purple Cake By DYnWV

I need to come back to get acu...BBL to do that!

Edited by DYnWV on 02-06-19 06:37 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to DYnWV

Just popping by to share one

Kitty Layout By Julie101

DYnWV
DYnWV 
Angel
DYnWV
  • DYnWV on 02-06-19 09:41 AM
In response to julie101

Henri, I'm so glad the procedures are working for you! Glad you have enough energy to do the things you enjoy, again and I'm really happy you aren't having pain.
Praying that it all continues on the good path. Glad you feel like entertaining, again, too! I love to have people over. I usually do it in small groups, though. Around 4-6 people here is doable for me.
I have done a couple of large parties, but I get so anxious and stressed that I don't enjoy my own party!

Anyway, That's where I am on getting acu!!! LOL

DYnWV
DYnWV 
Angel
DYnWV
  • DYnWV on 02-06-19 10:47 AM
In response to DYnWV

Susan, I hope your ds heals quickly and he made it to work this week!!

Tena, I can almost feel the anxiety from the computer issue! Computer issues make up a big part of my biggest irritations. I hope you can get it cleared up! It really is a hair-pulling frustration.

I am acu2h

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl
In response to DYnWV

One for me.

Rosie in Puerto Vallarta P 2019 1/52 By T-towngirl

Will be back to catch up. It's only been a few hours since I was acu, and you guys put me behind again. Especially you Denise! Just kidding! YOur cards are adorable.
btw, my birthday is coming up!

nvmagpie
Governor
nvmagpie

Behind on love - but dropping off some pages I have gotten done.

Hi from Biloxi By Nvmagpie

NSD 2017 By Nvmagpie

My Guy By Nvmagpie

Jefferson Davis Presidential Library & Museum By Nvmagpie

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to nvmagpie

Went to an out-of-town funeral today. Got back and, wow, you've been busy. Wonderful cards and lo's.

autumngold
Mayor
autumngold

• dancinirish90 Said:
I still use the old Picasa even though it's not supported anymore. I transferred it from my old laptop to my new one, and it works fine on Windows 10. It just doesn't get any updates, so I don't know how long it will continue to work. I only use PSE to resize my photos and put them on 4x6's to print. I have something that came with my new HP printer, but I haven't even opened the software to see what it is/does. I hate change!! lol

I love Picasa! I use it to organize all my digital elements. I also copied it over when I bought a new computer.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

86 Easter Island - Rapa Nui By Henri Jean

87 Easter Island - Rapa Nui By Henri Jean

87 (both sides) Easter Island - Rapa Nui By Henri Jean

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

88 Easter Island - Rapa Nui By Henri Jean

89 Easter Island - Rapa Nui By Henri Jean

89 (both sides) Easter Island - Rapa Nui By Henri Jean

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

Starting the British Isles section of our June cruise:

Edinburgh By Scrapperbee

Tena E.
Angel
Tena E.

Here's a quick page I did today while playing around with one of the photo filters. The photos were really dark from the lighting in the resort loby but I'm still not to happy with the colors ( but love the page)...guess I'll figure it out eventually.

Birthday Getaway By Tena E.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to Tena E.

90 Easter Island - Rapa Nui By Henri Jean

91 Easter Island - Rapa Nui By Henri Jean

91 (both sides) Easter Island - Rapa Nui By Henri Jean

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

Good Saturday morning!

Off to finish a lo, then will be back. Hope everyone has a great weekend--and lots of scrapping!

Tena, your pictures look great to me. And love the lo.

autumngold
Mayor
autumngold

Here are a few more from Niagara Falls:

Niagara Falls - Maid of the Mist By Autumngold

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

And here's Inverness/Cawdor Castle--a "must see" for me as a former English teacher--it's the castle of the Thane of Cawdor, Macbeth--though he lived centuries before it was built! The castle he would have lived in no longer exists.

\ Cawdor Castle By Scrapperbee

Edited by scrapperbee on 02-09-19 04:12 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

82 Trivia By Henri Jean

83 Sea Days By Henri Jean

83 Trivia and Sea Days By Henri Jean

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

Henri, reading your trivia questions is such a humbling experience--I think the most I ever got was 7.

Also, check question 4.

autumngold
Mayor
autumngold

A few more from Niagara Falls:

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

We love the trivia games, but you have to keep in mind that there are 6 on a team, if everyone knows 3 or 4 questions, then the team can get a perfect score! Rarely does anyone know even half of them by themselves. If I know 3 or 4 I feel really good because what I don't know, hopefully someone else on the team will.

I'm fairly strong on the entertainment ones, Bill is pretty good with history and geography, we bomb in the sports questions. I'm okay in literature, but not great. We try to find 4 others for our teams to cover the subjects we are weak in.

Some people look for 2 Americans, 2 Brits and 2 Canadians to cover it. Others try to find someone in the medical field and someone who is strong in history, maybe history teacher - people work hard to get the right combination of people to cover all the bases.

I like to get a younger couple on our team that knows current music and entertainment.

Thanks for the heads up on the typo! As many times as I read over it, you would have thought I would have caught that before posting it!

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

A few of you have asked about the postcard on the picture in my St. Petersburg lo. Actually, the whole 6x8 is a picture from the ship photo shop--our picture superimposed on a stock background. We get two free pictures every cruise, so this is one we chose.

nvmagpie
Governor
nvmagpie

MMS page 4

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to nvmagpie

As I mentioned in my journaling on a page I posted yesterday, Bill had gone looking for chess players first thing in the morning. He walked by the pool area where they sometimes play on the huge chess board and discovered that the entire pool area was covered with hundreds of towel animals. I could have done a 10 pages layout with all the photos but limited myself to just these 2 pages.

Its the first time I've seen a ship do this and it was amazing. There was a sign that said "Maasdam Zoo - by Housekeep staff" and I took a photo of it but it was so narrow and wide, and shadow so bad I didn't use that picture.

I took pictures from each side of the pool because there are lounge chairs on each side of the pool all the way down. This doesn't even capture a fraction of the towel animals - they were hanging down from things, in the potted plants, wrapped around poles and twisted around railings. It was quite a sight to see!

84 Towel Animals - Left side of the pool By Henri Jean

85 - Towel Animals - Right side of the pool By Henri Jean

85 - Towel Animals - Both sides of the pool By Henri Jean

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

Here's Greenock--am determined to get this cruise done before we leave Feb. 28!

Greenock By Scrapperbee

godschild94
Governor
godschild94

Wow...I haven't been on here in awhile and you ladies have been scrapping like crazy! I've been battling a pretty nasty sinus infection but I am finally feeling much better and I got a chance to scrap yesterday and today too due to a snow day.

Tena, your pages always look so perfect when you stitch them...what's your secret to not having weird lines or color changes? I use PSE and mine don't look near as nice as yours.

Here's a few layouts I've been working on...

Little Soldier By Godschild94

Tiger Love By Godschild94

Shake Your Tail Feathers By Godschild94

Fun Times at the Lake By Godschild94

I did a few more but can't share until March 1st as they are DT work...but I will share them when I can.

Now off to catch up on love!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

86 Fakarava - French Polynesia By Henri Jean

87 Fakarava - French Polynesia By Henri Jean

87 (both sides) Fakarava - French Polynesia By Henri Jean

DYnWV
DYnWV 
Angel
DYnWV
  • DYnWV on 02-12-19 06:17 AM

Hello everyone! Wanted to pop in and say hello! I've been busy getting myself organized, pre-packed and layout kits put together for my first retreat of the year coming up this weekend.
This one goes Thursday through Monday and is pretty close to home. I only need to drive about 40 minutes south and boom...there it is!
However, I'm not sure how this is going to go. I'm optimistic, but a realist! LOL
There is no internet and sketchy cell phone service. I keep telling myself that this is going to be a great weekend to unplug and just concentrate on scrapping.
This is the first scrap retreat this location as had. It's a huge, old farmhouse and for the last few years has been used as a wedding venue.
The lady hosting it is friends with the farm owner and they are really trying to get away from the wedding scene. So, we are basically scrap-test dummies! LOL

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello and let y'all know I won't be around much until around Tuesday!

Hope you all have a great Valentine's Day!!

Tena E.
Angel
Tena E.
In response to DYnWV

Hi everyone, jci and getting caught up on all the pages and chatter.

Denise, sounds like a great getaway (except for no internet), hope you get a lot of scrapping done. I love going to my retreats/crops but never get much done no matter how much I prepare. But love being with all my crazy friends.

Janeen, you asked about my stitching layouts in PSE. I scan them in four parts instead of two, that way I can get all the edges. Then I crop all the white spaces out before I send them to PSE, click on "New" under file, then "Photomerage Panoramanic". I always check the "interactive layout" option under "Layout" just in case I need to move any of the four pieces. Then click okay and let PSE do the rest. I crop the edges and straighten if I need it and that's it. I hope this makes sense and helps. It took me awhile to get this but it works for me. There are some patterned papers that the scanner just doesn't get right and never stitch well though.

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to Tena E.

Denise, hope you have a wonderful time at your crop!

Rainy, rainy, rainy, cold here this week--great scrapping weather!

godschild94
Governor
godschild94

Tena, thanks. I always do it manually with dragging and the rectangular marquee tool. I will definitely be giving yours a try next time.

Bev, we've had lots of ice and snow this week and I haven't made it in to school yet this week. It's been great for getting pages done but I feel as if I haven't seen my kids in forever.

nvmagpie
Governor
nvmagpie

Denise - have a great crop! Are you going with a group of friends?

Haven't had time the yesterday or today to sacraqp. Did some on Sunday - will need to upload.

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

Yes, Janeen--a snow day every once in a while is a treat! but after a while--it's time to get back to school!

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

Still working through the June cruise--but the end is in sight:

Ireland (Dublin) By Scrapperbee

I did print my own wallet size pictures so I could fit more on. Also edged some of the pictures with black sharpie. I think I'm going to add some green ink to the white section, but will not repost.

Edited by scrapperbee on 02-13-19 08:04 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Tena - if you have PSE 18 - cropping stitich is a whole lot easier then older versions. The older versions were many steps.

With PSE 18, scan in 4 parts like you are doing. Then for best result, put the 4 pieces - turn them so they are all going the same direction. Makes photoshop do a better job.

Once done, open PSE18 or PSE2018 (same thing) and in top left click open and it will give you file folders, go to the one where the 4 sections are filed and highlight and open those 4.

They will show up at the bottom in the photo bin. Highlight the four of pieces.

If you aren't in Guided, then at this point, go to guided.

There will be a bar of selections - click on the last option - maybe it says photo merge, I'm not sure but there are several selections, like fun edit - you want the last one. which is photo merge or something like that.

When you click on it and get the new page, go to the last option which is panaramama - click on that.

Then over on the right there are a couple choices in lower right hand corner. Got to the bottom one - "Create Panarama) and it is all the lower right, but not the last box - its actually the 1st choice in the lower right selections. Click on that and sit back for a minute. Its does it all.

When it shows you the page all stitched, it may not be full page, but will give you the option to fill it in and I always do that.

Once its done, you can straighten and take out any white on the edges.

It sounds like a lot of steps, but takes me less than a minute to stitch and crop one.

They finally made it super simple with very few keystrokes.

I had been doing it with the older version and then when I tried it with PSE18, all I could say is "WOW"! Its so easy now!

Denise - does you cell phone plan give you a mobile hot spot? I know you said your cell service was sketchy, but if you have are able to use cell phone and have the plan with a mobile hot spot - your' good to go with internet.

I even use that now instead of the hotel wifi most of the time.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Well, I have been so sick, thought I would stop by and say hi.

Will be back to chat and get ACU.

Tena E.
Angel
Tena E.

Thanks Henri, my verison of PSE is much older, PSE 12 I think...but the steps are much the same as you described and not a lot to me. I like cropping out the white space after I scan my layouts, they line up much better if I do it instead of after they are stitched. And after all the changes with my photo editing this is the one thing that works the way I like it.

No scrapping for me today, working on a new mantel photo display to show some of my layouts and family quotes. Will share after it's all done...but that may be a few days LOL.

Tena E.
Angel
Tena E.
In response to Tena E.

Blanca, hope you're feeling much better!

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

Blanca, trust you're feeling better.

Well, I decided I'd better take a break from lo's and get a valentine's card made:

Valentine's card By Scrapperbee

It's based on sketch #2 for the Feb. sketch challenge.

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

Tena, can't wait to see the display!

And another cruise lo--going on a countdown!

Beaumaris (Holyhead, Wales) By Scrapperbee

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Tena - the new PSE has what is another option - there is still the "Expert" but now there is one called "Guided" and there are big pictures you click on - BIG PICTURES - that show a sample of what the function does.

Photomerge is actually one of the big boxes you can select and has a sample picture a building on that one (all the different things have boxes with pictures). It has a picture of a building in 4 sections. When you roll the curser over it, it shows the building together as a panorama. Then when you click on the picture of the building, it walks you through. They really made it easier.

I could not believe how much they simplified it! I was fine with the PSE 11 and then I had PSE 12 - but decided to stay with that but when PSE 18 came out I had to have it.

It has one section in the Guided part called Fun Edits and lets you made letters from photos and background papers. However, that would be pretty useless to anyone not doing digi unless you wanted to fussy cut the letters and you can do that with a SIlhouette or Cricut much easier.

There is a big box for all the picture editing with the photo showing a hazy picture or slightly blurry and then when you roll the curser over it, it shows the picture with the haze gone or blur gone. Then when you click on it, it allows you to do that particular edit to your picture. Its designed more for dummies like me!

PSE 18 is great if you digi scrap, but if I didn't digi, I wouldn't have bought it - I could do everything I wanted to do paper scrapping with my older version.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics