Page 2 of 3 
Username Post: February New Layouts and Cards        (Topic#1675523)
rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to southern lady

Danielle, sweet of your neighbor to take you lunch.
Terry hope you get those docs straightened out and its all well.

So cold Cathe. So cold
Brrrr

Thanks for the birthday wishes. Sweet of you all.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Cathe spacial prayers for Sonny.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to rockmom

I think I said I'd bbl -so here I am.

I picked up Oakley from school. Kian gets home on the bus a bit after we get to their house.

I didn't see Sonny when he got home. He was nauseous from the anesthetics. I took his 5 prescriptions to the pharmacy for them. Casey took off tomorrow and Friday. I told her to call me if she needed me. I DID offer yesterday to make dinner for them, but she declined.

It baffles me why hospitals don't have a pharmacy right in them, where you can get your meds before going home. It's always such a hassle especially if it is a sick child you're dealing with.

Denise- hope the boys were extra cooperative today since it was your birthday............they look so angelic, I bet they rarely give you trouble.

Terry- I was afraid you had cold, icky weather, but it sounds worse than I imagined! Glad you had fun anyway. Everyone knows NW people don't go to the ocean to swim. LOL---or even walk the beach if it is too windy. Been there, done that.

See you all tomorrow.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to scrappin 2

Denise - Happy Birthday!!!

Cathe - Nice That Casey could take off the next two days.

Terry - Sorry your weather wasn’t better for the trip. Yes, Iam enjoying different times of projects lately.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Here is my page for the RSG February Challenge:

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun By Cdjohnson

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! I'm working a 10-6 shift this week and my brain has decided it's not necessary to for me to remember what day of the week it is. This past schedule, I've worked every shift the lab offers, from 8-5 to 8-4 to 7:30-3:30 to 9-5 to, now, 10-6. I really hope this schedule change thing happens to quickly so I can have some kind of normal work schedule again!

Denise- Happy birthday!

Terry- I think management was really afraid they were going to lose most of the staff so they caved. The problem is, some of the techs aren't going to be happy and still cause problems. They keep trying to please everyone and that's not possible at all!

Cathe- The hospital I work in has a Walgreens pharmacy in it...someplace. I know it's there but I've never actually gone looking for it. The hospital is so huge that I'm afraid I'll get lost and never find my way back out again!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to DNA301

Good morning!!

No snow, ice, sleet or rain!!!
I think I see the sun too!!
It was really sunny yesterday too. Such a welcomed thing to see.

I will be picking up Grandson Van after school today. Staying with him, cooking dinner, spending the night and getting him to school on Friday. We usually have a lot of giggles together. I know that will most likely end soon as he will be 13 this Spring.

Have a nice day!

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

Edited by Abby0317 on 02-14-19 09:14 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Abby0317

hello and good morning

well we got snow yesterday. my back hurt me little bit from shovel the snow. today it is melting and rain here today. going to the gym later on and walk the dogs later on.

hope everyone has a nice V-day

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to Abby0317

Happy Valentines Day!! I truly hope it's special for each of you!

Got the doctors all straightened out. Seems that it was the group that handles the referrals, who just decide where it should go (what clinic) no matter what the referring doctor said.

Cheryl: I am weird because I love a stormy beach! Sit up in the room all toasty from the fireplace and open the door to hear the breakers and I am at peace. And Cathe is right that our part of the Pacific is far to cold even in the hottest of summer days to swim in.
Cathe: I missed why Sonny had surgery. I hope he's fine and will be better soon. I won't use the hospital pharmacy because the prices are high and my ins wont cover them.
Danielle: maybe ask Jim if FIL could contribute money to help with the food and utilities. Not call it rent.

We are headed out to get our new shingles shots. We've been on the waitlist now for 8 months. They can't make that new vaccine fast enough. Then it's grocery day....blah!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

Good evening!! DH says he is tired and weak after dialysis. He will probably be asleep soon. I am going to my craft room in a little bit.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! Still working 10-6...and things at the lab have gotten weird again. They were trying to make permanent shifts on the third floor and it looked like it was going to happen BUT one of the older techs suddenly changed her mind about the shift she wanted to work and the whole plan fell apart! Now it's back to square one or the idea just getting scrapped and we continue on our rotating schedules.

Cathe- It was nice here today too! It's supposed to be nasty next week though.

Terry- I hate getting vaccines LOL! The flu shot for work is quite enough for me.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to DNA301

Good morning!!

I'm back from spending the night with Van and getting him to school. I have to pick him up at 3:10 again today. His mom will be home about 5:00. Doug is snowmobiling.
The dog is with us for the day.

Cheryl- so sorry Karyol didn't feel good after dialysis.

Terry- the beach sounds wonderful. I could take that. ............as long as I could hear the waves I'd be happy.
I didn't know there was such a shortage of the new shingles vaccine. I should get on a list.

Ashley- maybe rotating is the best way to continue. Then no one has to work they don't like on a daily basis.

Not sure what I'm doing today. Right now I just feel like sitting here drinking my coffee.

Have a nice day everyone.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

Morning---good is not in it today. That Shingles shot has my upper arm swollen, itchy, and it hurts! Didn't sleep much either and I have no energy. Ok I'm done whining!

All I have planned today is getting my hearing aids adjusted so hopefully I can wear them. I need to do some cleaning too.

Hope everyone had a loving Valentines day and will have a great Friday. I need some Tylenol now...l.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Abby0317

hello and good morning

terry- my fil pay for his own food now. I talk to my husband about this and he said he pay us when the house sold but he already owe us a lot. it been 7 months seen he live with us and has not pay anything. he still has to pay a moergach on the house . I don't know if I spell it right I am not the greatest speller. he still has to pay unitless. but he should be pay us that way we can save that money and pay the credit card . this make me little piss. but I am going to talk to husband again and say he need to give us some money. he thinks we make good money which we don't seen I am not work and we olny have one person make the money. sorry again.

well today clean the kitchen. I think fil did something to my dog the old one I didn't see it but she yelp. I think he push her with his crart that he has. so she came by me and was shake little bit and he told didn't hurt bad. she old and not young like my other dog. if he dose anything to her again I am tell husband because she like my kid. well I am going to work out later on. the snow is melting here which is good but then it because ice. I can't waite for spring to get here and hopeful fil house will sell and I don't know if we get all the money back for fil.

hope everyone has a nice Friday

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Happy Friday afternoon! I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine’s Day. We didn’t do any celebrating. Bucky had to work late and I went to weigh in and grocery shop. Pretty much a regular day for us. I guess that’s what happens after 37 years!

Welcome back Terry! Sounds like it was cold there. Glad you got lots done.

Ashley, are you gonna be able get the 8-4 shift?

Cathe, sounds like your weather has been pretty nasty. We have been in the 30s and 40s during the day and 20s at night. Cold wouldn’t be so bad if it wasn’t so windy here. We are supposed to have a mixed bag of precip on and off all weekend. How is Sonny doing? We didn’t use the hospital pharmacy for our prescriptions when either of us was in the hospital. Like Terry said, too expensive.

Cheryl, hope Karyol is feeling better today.

Danielle, still going to stay with your mother?

Hello to all and I hope everyone has a great weekend!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Anna C

Hello to all!!

Thank you for the birthday wishes. I appreciate you all.

We are going to go out for a birthday family lunch Saturday then hopefully Mom, Tim and I are headed to Corpus Christi so Tim can tour the USS Lexington. Mom and I have already done it but he hasn't and he was in the Navy so its something he wants to do. I plan on taking my new camera and gear and get a feel for it. I hope I can figure it out. LOL Its setup is way different than my old camera. That is if I can find rooms. Seems to be booked up pretty tight. Not sure why its not Spring Break yet... I was trying to beat Spring Break.

The boys listened and minded me very well today. I think the parents lectures and time outs got the message across. Anyway, they were so good I got the Color Book out and read to them about primary, secondary colors and how to combine colors to make other colors. Cooper's favorite -Red + Emmett's favorite-Blue makes Dee Dee's favorite- Purple. They had a blast. I let them play outside afterwards too. Hope to reinforce the good behavior.

Its 80 today, bright and sunny and really warm. LOL Hope you are not to cold and the sun is shinning for you today. It won't last because another front is headed this way next week.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Well we are getting freezing raining slert right now. Yuck!!!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to cdjohnson

here a pocket letter I made for Cheryl, for a swap

Pocket letter By Southern Lady

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Hi! Last day of 10-6...for a while anyway. Being 10-6 is the worst on Fridays because I have to basically run from the hospital to Girl Scouts. It was especially bad today because the tram I take is only running one car and EVERYONE tries to jam onto it when it gets there. I'm pretty sure I got hit with at least two of those huge baby carriages trying to get onto it today.

Cathe- I think the last time I was at the beach was like two summers ago. It was in August...cloudy...overcast and COLD! That was probably for the best since we've since discovered I'm allergic to the sun. (I'm not allergic to the sun...it's to UV rays...so that's fun)

Anna- I'll have some 8-4 shifts but I'll have to rotate through the 9-5 and 10-6 shifts until they come up with a new plan.

Denise- Please send some of that 80 degree weather to us! I'm at the point where I want to throw my winter coat in the East River near the hospital and wave as it floats away.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to DNA301

Good morning!!

Denise- Have fun playing with your new camera. You took such awesome photos with the old one, that I can't imagine what you'll do with this one.
It's nice that the boys were on their good behavior for you.

Cheryl- Hope the streets got salted and you could get Karyol to dialysis. ---without slipping and sliding.

Ashley- riding the all those people jammed together wouldn't be pleasant. Hope Girl Scouts went well.

Anna- Sonny is recovering. I have the type of DD that isn't good about calling and giving me updates. ---I never got info from her when she was little either. I've only texted because I didn't want to wake Sonny with the phone ringing. I will see her today at Kian's basketball game. Of course that's no place to talk so I will be calling her!

Terry- well, OUCH on that vaccination. Hope your arm isn't as sore today. How's Cricket?

Danielle- cute pocket letter.

Have a nice day everyone!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

hello and good morning

cathe- thanks.

well today nothing much. I need to start think of birthday cards for my nephew first birthday. I just don't know what to do I am going blank.

hope everyone has a nice Saturday

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Danielle, give Pinterest a go to find cute card ideas for your nephew's 1st birthday card.

Headed out hope to be back on here on Tuesday but it could be Wednesday.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Well I had all sorts of plans and they went to pot quickly. I dropped DH for dialysis and in 30 minutes they called and said his graft was clotted that a I needed to take him to the ER. We have been in the ER since noon. It is clotted from beginning to end. Waiting on the vascular surgeon to call back and see what he plans on doing.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Edited by Anna C on 02-17-19 03:35 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

Cheryl, hope things will improve for Karyol.

Hello to all!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Good morning!!

Cheryl- I feel so badly for you and Karyol. You had plans and had to give them up, and poor Karyol, he has been through so much. Hugs.

Danielle- I was going to suggest you look on Pinterest also. I do that a lot. Even tho I might not copy the card completely, it gets me going. ----or just type in card sketches.

Anna- thanks for the flowers. LOL

Hello to all.
Have a nice day.

P.S. It's snowing. ---but not supposed to be a big event.
No one is coming for Sunday dinner.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

hello and good morning

Cheryl, hope things will improve for Karyol.

well it snow little bit here today and it did yesterday. I talk to my mom yesterday little bit and we are look for flights for me to come out there. my mom has miles so she going to use her for me. so then last night she call me and told me a lot of flights are book so she was tell me the dates that I would fly out there march 30 to salt lake city to phoenix then to Ontario californa. I have to change planes and I get little scared of not find it. then I come back April 20 that way I have time to see some of my friends in cail and my brother little boy. my mom hasn't book the flight yea she was going to look and see and book for me. I be little happy when I go see them I am just not happy right now.

well hope everyone has a nice sunday

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

The vascular surgeon called and DH will be having surgery tomorrow to declot the graft.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Cheryl- I'll be praying everything goes well.

Danielle- that's something to look forward to.

New Mom New Dad By Scrappin 2

Here is another LO for my niece. Baby is due in May. There are 5 others in my gallery. No need to comment on all, just have a look. I put most of the photos vertical because that seems to be how people take pictures on their cell phones.

Edited by scrappin 2 on 02-17-19 02:30 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

Hi all....a very boring sunday! Trying to catch up on laundry, gave Cricket a bath, sorted out medical receipts and bills and designed a simple tee shirt for the store. I think I need some more coffee as I feel cold!
Cheryl, I am so sorry about Karyol! Glad to hear he's having surgery!
Cathe---adorable baby book! You asked how Cricket is doing. She's learned "come" and the whistle unless Kip is around and then I take a back seat.
Anna--how nice to send us all flowers!
Danielle: I hope you get a straight thru flight!! I hate changing planes too....but it seems you are travelling during spring break so I imagine things will be booked.
Denise: have fun---see you later.

Tomorrow morning I'm headed to the dentist for a cavity then having my nails done at 2:30. I'll ci sometime tho!!!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Abby0317

Good morning!!

Cheryl- I'm thinking of you and Karyol.

Terry- good luck at the dentist? Who is Kip?
Glad you like the baby album.
I wish I had cut the 1 mo. 2mos, etc with paper. The ones I bought are raised and really make the album too full to closes up. Oh well.

The winter doldrums are setting in. I'm getting sick of snow and cold. We had 4 new inches yesterday.

Have a nice day everyone.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

hello and good morning

Cheryl, I am so sorry about Karyol! Glad to hear he's having surgery!

Terry- good luck at the dentist

well look like another cold day here. i talk to my mom again and she booked my flight out for me she had miles so she use that. so march 30 salt lake city then i fly to phx but i have a long layover there then phx to ontraio californa where my parents will pick me up. i just need to be there for my nephew first birthday i wish my husband could have come to see his first birthday but because of step fil here and i don't know if my husband can take time off work. so he going to miss it. while i am in californa i am going to see one of my oldest friends from school that we bought are dogs from. she kind of lives where my parents are at. we go see my grandma and my brother and my other nephew and i give him a early birthday day gift. i am hope i can see one of my other friends that use to work with me in vegas she lives in californa now. i leave april 20 to go back. yesterday night i was so stress and crying .

hope everyone has a nice monday

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

DH’s surgery went well but did require a stent to keep the vein open.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to cdjohnson

that good to hear Cheryl about your husband surgery was good.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Card I made for a challenge:

Celebrate Today - Sketch #1 Feb. Card Sketch By Cdjohnson

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Another card:

Let’s Celebrate - #2 Feb. Card Sketch Challenge By Cdjohnson

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! Didn't have to work today (it wasn't my holiday to work)...so I spent the day home reading. I wanted to play video games but I wound up watching the first "How to Train Your Dragon" movie with my mom. She and I have seen both movies and were talking about going to see the third one after work on Saturday LOL! We also realized that Toothless, the dragon in the movies, reminds the both of us of her outside cat.

Cheryl- I hope your husband is doing better!

Cathe- I'm so over winter too...we're supposed to have more of that rain and messy snowy mix this week.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to DNA301

Good morning! Hope everyone had a great weekend. I had a three day but had lots to do. Dental appointment and several errands to do. Back to work today.

Cheryl, glad Karyol’s surgery is over and I hope the surgery resolved the issues. I love your card with the gears!

Cathe, how is Sonny doing? Still getting snow? We are expecting a duke’s mixture later tonight….sleet, rain, freezing rain, and then several inches of snow on top of that mess.

Danielle, sounds like you are all set for your fight home! I don’t like switching planes and layovers either.

Denise, hope you are having a great trip!

Ashley, sounds like you had a nice off.

Terry, I see you went to the dentist too. I dread that trip every six months. Thanks for the link to that rooster card. I attempted to recreate it yesterday.

Have a good one.

Edited by Anna C on 02-19-19 06:18 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

Thank You By Anna C

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

Hello By Anna C

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

Enjoy The Simple Moments By Anna C

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

S W A K By Anna C

Do you ever make a card and really dislike it??? Well, this is one of those cards!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Good morning!!

Anna- cute cards. I love the SWAK card. I like how the hearts seem to flow out of the message.
I always thought your state was warmer and didn't get snow and ice. Guess I was wrong.

We're supposed to get some snow tonight into Wed. --but only an inch or two.

Cheryl- Glad the surgery is over!
Cute cards.

Ashley- Believe it or not I haven't seen the How to Train Your Dragon movies. Usually I get to see them by taking the grandkids, but somehow we missed those. I saw the trailer for the new one. It looks cute. I chuckled that your mom's outdoor cat reminds you of Toothless.

Danielle- glad to hear you got your plane ticket.

Denise Hope you are having a good time.

Terry- How did the dentist go?
What color did you get for your nails?

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

Morning ladies! I'm cracking up here as I watch 3 small bunnies chasing each other all over my side yard. It's either time for bunnies to do what bunnies are famous for or those little ones just ate a bunch of speed!
The dentist: she such a nice lady and I really like her but after she looks at my tooth her staff walked in with a $600 bill wanting to know how I wanted to pay--right now. I left, as I usually do, all my cards at home. So this half a crown will wait til next month.
Steve took pup to the vet for the 1st shots and she was a hurting baby yesterday. Whimpering and lethargic---broke my heart!

Anna: your cards were amazing as usual! Loved the rooster!!!
Ashley: I should watch those dragons movies---I thought they were more light computer stuff not cartoons.
Cathe: Kip is Steve's youngest of the 2 labradors---she's 3 now. My nails are done with colored powders now not polish. It's an ombre look where the lightest of creams is at the tips and slowly changes colors to a light copper at the cuticle. I love it!
Cheryl: Loved your cards too especially the doilie one which reminds me of my grandma's box of doilies. Glad to hear the problem got resolved with Karyol.
Danielle: Glad to hear you get to take some time away from FIL.
Starting to do the stuff I need to for the taxes. I do so wish I could be card making or scapping. Bummer....

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

We had a nice trip. DH got to see the USS Lexington finally. He was happy. He was a medic in the Navy and was Marine qualified and stationed with Marines as a Medic (Corpsman) for part of his service. His father was a Corpsman in the Navy too and he was on the USS Lexington. It would DH donated his father's uniform to the ship which is now a museum. He bought himself and his sister coffee mugs from the ship. We also visited Padre Island National Seashore and he got a coffee mug there as well. Then we drove around and I photographed more historical markers. I used my new D7200 and my 35mm 1.8 lens I've had for a while. I love it is such fast focus!! Monday we toured King Ranch a huge old famous ranch and then went to Segun and Gonzales for more markers. DH picked up a third cup at King Ranch. We got home at 830. I am sad though because my pillows got left at the motel. BooHoo, oh well I will replace them.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Ugh Dentist bills. Sorry.

Ashley, I saw those movies and enjoyed them. DH even like the one he saw and animated is not his thing, Rent them out yall, they are cute. I thought so anyway...

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to rockmom

Baby By Scrappin 2

Momma's Little Man and Daddy's Best Bud By Scrappin 2

only one more 8x8 to upload. It will be for his first birthday. I thought I had it complete but it looks like it need something more. I will take it out of the album and spiffy it up.

Edited by scrappin 2 on 02-19-19 02:22 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

100 Days of School By Scrappin 2

and then there was YOU By Scrappin 2
sorry this is so blurry

Edited by scrappin 2 on 02-19-19 02:24 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Denise- Sounds like a wonderful trip
Perhaps you are going to have to build a new cupboard for all those mugs! LOL, I too, like to get a mug from places I visit so I can understand why your DH bought them.

Terry- I keep telling the kids to be dentists. They sure command a lot of money. Yikes on that bill.
Poor little Cricket.
So do Kip and Cricket play? Isn't kip a lot bigger than Cricket?

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

hello there

Anna- cute cards.

well I had to do some earns this morning is go to the bank to deposit husband check and to do my check that I got from my birthday. I went to little store everything is under 15.oo and I bought a shirt they didn't have much spring clothes so I have to go back there later on. then went to the dollar store and bought some cute bags for my nephew gift. my sister baby like mickey club house so I got him a mickey gift bag. I am want spring to get here.

hope everyone has a nice Tuesday

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Cathe, he has a coffee cup display in his office and his bedroom. I think he is gonna need more room soon. I will add shelves to the upstairs snack bar, his Keurig is there so that would be a logical place to add them.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Denise - Sounds like lots of fun!!

Terry - Poor Cricket!! Dentist bills are outrageous

Thanks for the love on my cards. I had fun making them last night.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Loaded tag I made for a swap:

Loaded tag for Donna By Cdjohnson

Tags inside Donna’s loaded tag By Cdjohnson

Base of loaded tag for Donna By Cdjohnson

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! Today I was allowed to work in the upstairs lab...it was very strange since I haven't worked in the upstairs lab since Jan. 29th. I've been working down on the third floor since then (except for a weekend but that doesn't really count because it's not a full staff). I'm hoping that they figure out the schedule so I can be upstairs permanently but I'm not holding my breath. They're having problems finding people who want to take permanent 9-5 and 10-6 shifts.

Anna- After the insanity that's been going on in the lab, I like any days off just to get away from the insanity for a while.

Cathe- I usually see all the animated movies that come out...I like those kinds of movies LOL! My mom sees them with me a lot of the time and even she agreed her outside cat was like Toothless.

Terry- That sounds like my dad's dentist. He's very expensive and expects payment right away.

Denise- I have a mug collection...but they're all Alice in Wonderland related (it's my very own mad tea party) LOL!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to DNA301

Dropping off:

Congrats - #3 Feb. Card Sketch Challenge By Cdjohnson

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

This is not crooked in real life but I am too tired to photo it again. LOL

Penguin - #4 Feb. Card Sketch Challenge By Cdjohnson

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!

Cheryl- your cards are so cute. The loaded envelopes are beautiful!! I love those tiny pink bows. Where did you find them?

Denise- It's nice Tim has a place to put his new mugs. Yep I bet he'll need more shelving soon. Does he ever drink out of his mugs?

Ashley- sure hope you get the shift you want.
I bet your Alice in Wonderland mugs are really cute. How many do you own?

Danielle- We don't have that under $15 store. We have a 5 Below,
Gee I remember when I thought $15 dollars was my limit to buy a pair of pants. Boy oh boy are those days gone!!
Do you ever shop Marshall's ?
Little ones sure like Mickey.

Hello to all. Have a nice day.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

hello and good morning

Cheryl- your cards are so cute.

cathe- no we don't have a Marshall's here.

well it snow here today I am want my spring to get here soon. I need to find a outfit for my nephew my sister baby. I bought him a book I order it form a lady that sell books. I am want to buy him like a summer outfit or spring outfit. I might take dogs for a walk and go to the gym.

hope everyone has a nice wedensday

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Good morning!

Nasty weather here. Lots of rain, freezing rain, sleet, and snow. Made it to work but really wanted to stay home.

Denise, sounds like you had a very nice trip!

Awesome cards and layouts Cheryl and Cathe!

Terry, loved the photo of your dogs but aren't you afraid the labs might squish Miss Cricket? She's so tiny and cute!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Anna C

Ashley, that sounds like a great collection of Mugs.

Yes, Tim drinks out of his mugs all the time. He uses them daily. There are a few he doesn't use anymore but for the most part he uses them.

Cute Cards Cheryl.

Have a great day one and all.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to rockmom

It's only 3:38 but I'm pretty much done for the day.
I don't feel like scrapping OR cleaning up in there.
I don't feel like reading.
So here i sit.

Terry- Cricket looks so cute alongside the big labs.

I have two closet poles waiting for me at Home Depot.
It was such a yucky day, I decide to go tomorrow to get them.
Don got my closet organizer all in except those two poles.
It didn't go in as easy as his. He said his closet is a tad deeper and easier to work in. His closet was part of the addition in 1980.
It's hard to believe we got along with one closet for 7 years.

Anna- I sure hope you get home safe and sound! Perhaps it warmed up and the ice melted??

Danielle- I think you'll be able to find a cute Spring outfit for the baby---if not now, in a couple of weeks---way before you go.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Good evening!! I went to M’s after work for some flowers. Of course I got a few more things!!! Lol

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! Today was ridiculous...I was working on the third floor on an 8-4 shift. The person who works that shift has to cover our lab at 61st street (the hospital is on 68th street) for lunch. Somehow I wound up getting volunteered to be one of the people to rotate through this job...even though I told the person making the schedule I didn't want to be involved in it (it's basically me walking to where I take the tram to turn around and walk back to the hospital to then walk back to go home two hours later). Of course it had to snow today so that made the walking back and forth even more fun!

Cathe- I have over 30 mugs, four tea pots, and two tea cups. We have a 5 Below here! That place is great for buying stuff for Girl Scouts!

Anna- We got hit with some nasty cold and snow here today. I was just glad that the 4-12 shift decided to come in so no one bothered me about staying LOL!

Cheryl- My mom and I went to M's yesterday. I wanted to get a cart to put books on. My mom wants to go back and get all the flowers and bunnies LOL!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to DNA301

Good morning!!

Anna- did your bad weather stop?
How was the drive home last night?

Ashley- Running around in the snow is no fun!
I'd hate working 4-12. It would be very scary going home at that time.

I plan on leaving the house today! I haven't been anywhere since Sunday!!

Have a nice day everyone. bbl

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

hello and good morning

well looks nice today the sun is out but cold still. I am so ready for spring to get here. well today nothing much just go to the gym later on walk the dogs. just as I was get out of my room I was walk in the hallway and the spare bathroom right there and it smell bad like fil made the bathroom smell and he couldn't turn the fan on in the bathroom to make that smell go away. so I had to go spray some stuff to make it not smell so bad. that make my little mad that he can't even smell when he went to the bathroom and he can't turn the fan on to make it go away. sorry for rant about that.

hope everyone has a nice thrusday

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Cathe, by the time I left work yesterday and headed home it was pouring down rain. We still have snow and ice on the ground at our house this morning but here in town there is nothing. Rain has stopped for now but will be moving back in for the weekend they say. We did not lose power at work but it was out all day at home and only came back on moments before we got home.

Ashley, how's your weather today?

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

I got out and about today.
first thing I did was go to Home Depot for my closet poles.
Then I met up with Bff and we looked around Lazy boy. She is just looking.
Then we went to HL briefly. I bought a sympathy stamp--40% off.
Home Goods is practically next door to HL with DSW between them. That was our next stop.
I found a shoe organizer at Home Goods. The top is a gray and goes really well with the new closet organizer. The only slight problem is that I have to change where my long things will go. BUT being so short, my "Long" things aren't very long! I think I can hang them on the side -----he side with two bars, one above and one under it, or the side with one bar at the top.
Then we had some lunch.
She went home.
I went to the grocery store.

Danielle- older people do loose their sense of smell.
I'm with ya, I'm tired of winter!!

Anna - glad you got home safely.
I KNOW!!!! we are to get another wintry system this weekend too.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Good evening!! Our weather is ok today but supposed to start raining again tomorrow and then severe thindestorms and possibly tornados on Saturday with a high of 67 which is unheard of in February and has only been in the upper 40s this week.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! I was off from work today because I'm working this coming weekend. Spent most of the day reading, playing video games, and putting together the cart I bought at M's on Monday. I'm going to use it to put (some of) my "To Be Read" pile on it LOL! I didn't get a chance to move books into it, though, because my sister's dog was over and he was being menacing every time I left my bedroom.

Cathe- At my previous job, they use to do this thing called mandation and they'd make you work from 8-12 (like my shift was 8-4....then they'd make you double up and work 4-12) and going home at midnight was no fun.

Anna- The weather was better here today. I think we're supposed to have rain over the weekend though.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to DNA301

Edited by Anna C on 02-22-19 02:30 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Good morning!!

Anna- cute little Friday thingy.
Do you have any plans?

Cheryl- I don't like the sound of your forecast at all!!!
Sure hope that storm weakens. Stay safe!

Ashley- I do remember you getting fed-up with the old job, and I don't blame you at all. This lab still seems to have it's problems.
It's nice you found something you like to put your 'to be read' books on.

My plans today is to get the snowmen down.
Rum will finish putting in the two closet bars and I can get my clothes back in there. I'm not going to have any closet floor space.T hat has me a bit unsettled. At Christmas I'd put the kids gifts in there. I kept batteries for my camera, containers of change, and a plastic bin with my Vera Bradly purses and bags I purchased on vacation. ..............and come to think of it, It all needsto find another home. I guess it's time to relearn how to use a space. LOL

Our bank doesn't have a coin counter!!!!! He told me what banks did. I'll have to call and see if they charge for using it or what. I don't want to use the one at the grocery store.

Have a nice day.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Morning.

Christopher got tubes in his ears yesterday, sure hope it helps -he has one ear infection right on top of each other. Poor kid has really had it with them. I hope it didn't harm his hearing.

Cooper and Sadie went to church school their other grandmother today. I think Sadie is either teething, fighting a cold or both. She is usually a really good eater and she hasn't the last two days. Kinda worrisome.

Emmett will be here for school soon. We are going to work one on one with reading, counting to 100 and writing his name. Someone taught his to write it in all caps. ugh so now I am trying to retrain him to use lowercase too. This afternoon it will be Cooper's turn. We are looking at distance learning videos from Bob Jones University Press for Kindergarten or public school. Not sure what his mom will decide. His dad wants homeschool his mom isn't sure. She wants what is best for Cooper. I get that. Cathe, how would public school handle nosebleeds? Cooper gets them so often. His surgery helped the one nostril they fixed but the other one is still having issues. Not sure they can cauterize both without risking burning a hole clean through. ugh. poor baby really hates them. Its not something you can just go to the nurse for. When he gets a nosebleed its usally pretty messy.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to rockmom

Good morning ladies. Weds night, I went to a sleep lab and had a study done at the request of the cardiologist. I did sleep when I thought I wouldn't due to the wires, tubes, ultra violet light and of course the "eye in the sky"---camera to monitor me. Then at 2AM he woke me up to put the C-pap contraption on me. Then up at 6AM! That's when I realized my head was a huge glue dot. That wire holding glue is horrid!!!
Yesterday, I basically did nothing but tried to figure out why this crazy mess in my checkbook software happens. Still don't know why Amazon gets listed for Sirius and any other odd thing and gets categorized into bank charges. GRRRRR....

Anna: Be safe in that weather mess. We've had freezing fog and grapula ---after being here since 1984 I learned yesterday that pea sized hail is called grapula. I really do feel accomplished that I made it to Friday this week!!
Ashley: That's a lot of mugs!! Do you display them all?
Cathe: Your shopping trips sound like mine. Now I do more stores just to get those steps in on the Fitbit! I fill all the new space or storage and still need more. I really need to "down-size" and quit buying!
Cheryl: cute darling cards and projects! Bet you are ready to be able to go running in the park!
Danielle: I don't know what to say about FIL. Keep the deodorizing can in his bathroom and ask him to use it.
Denise: Poor little Cooper! I suffered my whole childhood with bloody noses and I hated it. My guess is that the school would send him home if it didn't stop quickly. They did me and that was in the 60s. What I did or had done when I was little was to moisturize the nasal lining with mineral oil. That worked well and with the bleeds they always put a very cold cloth over my nose to help clotting. Hope the little guy doesn't suffer too bad!!

Someone asked about Cricket playing with the big labs. She loves them and they have accepted her into the pack. She squeels or whimpers and they both have to sniff and smother her. They have stepped on her a few times so she usually gives them wide berth. Kip lays down and plays with her---Ruby not so much.
Have a fun Friday ladies!!!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Abby0317

hello good morning

well clean the kitchen little today. we got are microwave up my husband had some one put up for us. so I am hope fil doesn't shut the door on the microwave hard because I don't want to have the same problem. I told my husband he said he talk to him which I don't know if he has and some other stuff I told my husband about his step dad drip stuff in the bedroom one time and not tell me about it and the stuff he had on my walls that he never told me about I had to find my self. I am not feel great today so I think I am not going to do much today. my husband has to work tomorrow.

hope everyone has a nice Friday

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

Birthday card By Southern Lady

here a card I made I think it came out alright.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

Birthday By Southern Lady

here another card I made think it came out alright

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Good evening!!

Cathe - They are now saying the tornadoes should stay south of us. I sure hope so!!!

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! Today was another interesting day on the third floor. There was some sort of shortage upstairs (too many people called out from one of the special labs)...because of that, they called our 10-6 tech upstairs to work. I was 9-5 today and didn't know if my hours would be extended until 6PM until the 10-6 guy came back downstairs just before 5PM! I wouldn't have minded staying, since I didn't have Girl Scouts tonight, but some warning would have been nice.

Cathe- I think all labs have their problems and a lot of them are due to staffing. Techs seem to fall into two categories...those who are there FOREVER and those who leave after a few years. It makes the lab into this revolving door sort of situation that's kind of annoying.

Denise- My mom wanted me to be homeschooled but my grandmother (her mom) talked her out of it. She said I needed to be in school to learn social skills...which I must say, I am NOT proficient with at all!

Terry- I do have all my mugs on display...I even have a puzzle of Alice and company riding the tea cups ride that I want to hang up over the where they're displayed but I haven't gotten around to that yet.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to DNA301

Denise, how is Christopher doing today? Cute photos on FB. They are learning so much from you.

Cathe, you can buy coin things at Walmart and get free wrappers from the bank (at least they are free at my bank) and do it yourself. The coin things allow you to drop the coins in to a certain point, slip the wrapper down over them, then seal the ends.

Terry, glad the sleep study is over with. My Dad had one and ended up with the C PAP and it has really helped him. Hopefully, it will help you as well.

Cheryl, glad you are not in the path of any tornadoes.

Ashley, sometimes I think a person is better off to have experienced several jobs. In the end, I think that opens up more doors for better opportunities. I have worked in the pubic for almost 39 years and have had two full time jobs, both in finance. 19 years at the bank and in May it will be 20 year with my current job. I am finding that has really limited me in my job search.

Danielle, your cards are really cute.

I am headed to a SU gathering this morning. We are doing another project this month, no cards. I am ready to get back to making cards. Looking forward to going, but not an hour’s drive in the rain.

We are dealing with lots and lots of rain and flooding is a problem in some areas. The ground is so wet that trees are falling over from the wind and lots of people are without power again. We have no relief from the rain until Monday.

This is what it’s like here. Just a steady rain. As my husband said….it started raining last year and hasn’t quit!!

Edited by Anna C on 02-23-19 03:51 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Anna - I feel the same way about the rain here. So much flooding in our area.

Busy day with errands and things but will find some craft time.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!

I slept til 8:00.
It is raining here too. We usually don't have trees fall over though.
It's supposed to get horribly windy with gusts upward toward 50 mph.

Anna- hope you don't loose power.
Hope you get to your SU event.
We used to have one of those coin counter things and never used it. I donated it years ago. Someone told me that banks don't take those wrapped rolls anymore.I'll have to investigate. I really don't want to wrap all those coins.

Denise- I don't know how a school would handle a bloody nose. I imagine it would vary between schools. I sure would choose a school that had a full time nurse on staff. .....and interview them.
Poor Cooper, I feel so sorry for the little guy.

Ashley- sure glad you didn't have to stay at work past the time you anticipated leaving.

Terry- glad the sleep study is over. My friend had one done a couple of weeks ago and really disliked it. She had a terrible time getting any sleep.

Cheryl- hope the weather down there doesn't spawn tornadoes.

Danielle- cute cards.

Have a nice Saturday everyone.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

Morning ladies! It's raining here too with intermittent snow when the temps drop. Thankfully no tornadoes here! Those things scare me to no end!!

Anna: I totally agree with you on having diversity in your job & career. Sorry you are having trouble with finding a new job---I've been there too and I finally gave up after a year of "too qualified", "not qualified", and all the other nonsense. Plus being too old!!! (57) Have fun at the gathering!
Ashley: I would think there would be a limited call for techs in any area due to limited labs.
Cathe: Hope you don't lose any trees!! That's a big issue here since their roots don't have to go deep for water!
Cheryl: as I said I hope you don't have tornadoes!!! Have fun crafting---wish I could but I'm still fixing the checkbook mixup
Danielle: cute birthday cards!
Denise: I agree that the boys photos were cute as can be. Are you going to scrap them?

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I need to go find Cricket a really good chew toy since those back teeth are growing. It's no longer safe to let her chew my finger!!!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Abby0317

hello and good morning

Anna- hope you don't loose power.
Hope you get to your SU event.

well the sun is out little bit but it is cold and we still have snow on the ground and ice areas. I went to the grocery store today. my husband had to work today. thanks for everyone about my cards. I hate tornadoes. when I go visit my friend sometimes they have tornadoes warms thankful I never been threw them. I hate earthquakes I been threw them a few times.

have a great Saturday

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Cathe - Why don’t you want to use the coin counter at the grocery store?

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!!

It's crazy windy here!!!
Usually trees don't fall down around here, but limbs break off.

Cheryl- I don't want someone watching to see how much money I get and follow me out and take my purse. Someone told me that the grocery stores charge to use the machine. I need to investigate on Monday.

Anna- How was the SU gathering?

I never understood being "too qualified" for a job. I think it translate into ---we don't want to pay you what you're worth. DH ran into that when he was really young.

Not sure what the day holds.
Have a good one.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Good morning!! It is windy and much colder this morning. At least the sun is out and no rain!! My sister is working and I have Zoey and Zeke this afternoon. Part of me wants to stay home and part of me knows I need to go to church. Decisions, decisions!!!

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to cdjohnson

Just before noon yesterday we lost power! I was furious since I was right in middle of getting the checkbook software done and now the dang thing won't accept my password. I'm afraid I've lost 3 days of work. Brother....

Hope everyone has a good Sunday....I need to go walking--maybe the mall. Work off some of this frustration. I'm also going to see an orthopedic dr in April for this bursa thing that even the steroid shot didn't help. I hope he's willing to make it better.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Abby0317

Good morning!

Terry- oh I hope you didn't loose all your work!!

Cheryl- I bet Zeke and Zoey were so glad to be over at your house.

The crazy wind has stopped.

Charity (DIL) spotted robins as we looked out the back window yesterday. Poor little things. It's 4* this morning. I didn't see them.

I'm going to walk at the mall today. I need some exercise.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

Morning....going to be busy today as it's the annual "squish the girls" day, Cricket has to get shots again, groceries need done, and I have a pile of laundry. And its supposed to snow all day.
Cathe: I did lose all the work I'd done. Most Microsoft software saves automatically as you work except Money. It just wouldn't let me sign in since the last it knew I was signed in. Spent all day re-creating it all. Have fun walking!

BBL

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Abby0317

hello and good morning

well I got my nephew book that I order for him now need to go get him a outfit. I think today I go into the city to target and see what they have there and seen I need to go deposit my husband check. well it rain here today and look like it melting some of the snow. I am so over this and want my spring to get here. I talk little bit to my mom they just got back from the river house. we talk about my trip the airport my mom knows I get nervus and have a hard time find the termals . I hope I do good if I get lost I could call my mom and she can try to help me and that might make me feel little better. I have a long layover in phx so that good I guess. I am going to pack lite and just bring my stuff on the airplane.

hope everyone has a nice Monday

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Good morning!

The rain has moved out but the wind has moved in. The wind is absolutely terrible here. Thousands without power. I have power here at work and at home, thankfully.

Had a blast at the SU gathering. Will post a pic of our project soon.

Have a great day ladies.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Anna C

I had a whole post and somehow lost it. BOOO I do not have time to rewrite it, but will sat, yikes on the weather, watch out for falling trees and ice and rain and flooding . ugh Christopher is doing well, Sadie has a cold, mom is fighting her COPD, my allergies are fighting pollen but I went out anyway to a rock show and to get some photos for my history album. Take care ! Oh computers Terry and lost power, ugh ugh, ugh! So sorry that is so frustrating.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to rockmom

Direct from Barcelona By Scrappin 2

Here is one I finished yesterday.
I tried twice to upload and kept getting a failed notice.
I think it was due to the winds.

Anna- Sorry to sent the winds your way.
They were so unbelievably high.
Sure glad your SU event was fun.

Terry - ugh on loosing the stuff on the computer.
DH is having quite a time getting his new one set up. He wishes he had bought the equipment and transferred the old stuff himself. He paid to have it done, which is not like him at all.

Denise- sometimes going out, even when you don't feel good boosts the spirits. Glad you opted to go to the rock show.

Danielle- I bet you'll find a cute outfit at Target. They have such cute baby clothes.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

JCI

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Hi! It was wicked windy here today. Today was another confusing day at the lab (this is becoming almost normal)...I went in expecting to have one job but I wound up getting sent to a satellite lab because the person stationed there called out. When I got there, I couldn't get the analyzer to wake up. I wound up having to call the main lab to get someone to come over and help (turned out the person who usually works there unplugged something when he left for the weekend).

Anna- That's one good thing about working in a lab...you can be cross trained to work in many areas or you can choose to specialize in one area and just do that. I take any and all opportunities to be cross trained so I have more skills in my set.

Terry- I HATE (like that, all caps) the whole "too qualified"/"overqualified " thing! When I was trying to find a lab to work in, I had that problem because I have a Masters and most lab techs don't have one.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to DNA301

So Ashley, YOU should be the boss with your Masters! That would fix their silly scheduling. Lol

Edited by rockmom on 02-26-19 08:25 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to rockmom

Good morning!!

It's cold. -nothing new.
I leave Thursday for Portland. It will be warmer out there. Right now my phone says they will have a 40* day. I won't know how to act!

Ashley- how aggravating to get to the lab and not have the equipment work. Were you behind all day then?

My only plan today is to go to a movie with my friend. I think we are going to go see Green Book.

Catch you all later. Have a nice day.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

JCI....my big plan today is to clean out the pantry in the kitchen and do laundry. My boring life....

We are having very cold weather but all the snow that was forecasted is south of us. They had a 115 mile long dead stop traffic on I-5 yesterday due to ice. And just east of that an Amtrak train with 185 people has been stranded for almost 48 hours due to snow and downed trees on the tracks. Those people are furious! BFF can't fly home from Vegas and has no luggage at the moment. It's a mess!!! Oh and the major highway from Reno south was closed yesterday too due to 70 mph winds that was blowing over semi-trucks! I think the whole world is ready for spring!!!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

The weather is awful. So many affected by it. Hope you all stay safe and warm and dry. It going to rain here today and the rest of the week at least it is not too cold or windy.

Page 2 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics