Username Post: February Daily Challenge        (Topic#1675525)
Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler

I really like having the inspiration that comes from the challenges here… and sometimes it is the REALLY random ones that help. I also like to see what other people do with the same challenge. I really enjoy the Anything Goes Challenge (I even got to help in June and guest host in July). AGC is taking a break… but I like the daily inspiration! SOOOO… for the month of February I am once again doing a Daily Inspiration Challenge. You do not have to officially sign up… just join in when and if you can. You do NOT have to post on the exact day… you don’t have to do all… you don’t have to do ANY… just come be inspired have fun!

*** I am working full time, mom of a 3 and almost 5 year old and taking 7 credit hours in a completely online program for my Masters in Library! Be patient with me! ***
I had to do February because my son and I both have birthdays this month!

Each day/week I will post a prompt(s) to get us thinking outside the box… I think this challenge works best for LO and cards… but any projects are welcome (yes, digital too!). I will probably post each challenge the night before. (I may even post a couple ahead of time the week school starts… I work as a library/ tech aide in an elementary school). This month since I am one month into my masters program… I will probably post a few at a time so I don’t get too far behind. Also… I am not even going to ATTEMPT to pick weekly “winners”, however please if you post make sure you visit a couple of the other participants LO and leave some love! No better prize than having someone admire your work!

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler
In response to Deanna Schuler

February 1 - National Wear Red Day - It’s American heart month! Use red as the primary color of your project. OR… use a lot of hearts!

Love You (red) By ArtsyLC

EMS - I Love My Boy (x2) By Motherload

February 2 - Groundhog Day - mat your photos with black so that they have shadows… maybe do the same for some embellishments.

Enjoy Life By Boricuapr

Kiss By ArtsyLC

School Reunion By Scrapanda

EMS - Let's Hear It For the Boys By Motherload

February 3 - The Day the Music Died - If you don’t get this reference do some research! Be creative with your use of the theme!
“A long long time ago I can still remember how That music used to make me smile And I knew if I had my chance That I could make those people dance And maybe they'd be happy for a while
But February made me shiver With every paper I'd deliver Bad news on the doorstep I couldn't take one more step
I can't remember if I cried When I read about his widowed bride Something touched me deep inside The day the music died”

Pirate Putt Putt By Boricuapr

Hole In One By Boricuapr

Edited by Deanna Schuler on 02-10-19 07:02 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler

February 4 - Facebook was founded on this day in 2004! Use a Facebook post as the focal point of your project.

February 5 - National Weatherperson’s Day - Take on the role of weatherperson. Document an event that was weather related.

February 6 - BIRTHDAY! Natalie Cole (1950), Bob Marley (1945), Ronald Reagan (1911), Babe Ruth (1895) Find a way to celebrate one of these people or if you know someone with a birthday today celebrate them!

Sweet child 'o mine By ArtsyLC

February 7 - Rose Day - Use roses on your project.

Oh happy day By ArtsyLC

February 8 - Hollywood Stars - The first eight stars were added to the Hollywood Walk of Fame on this day in 1960. Use Stars on your project.

February 9 - First Boeing 747 flies in 1969. Include planes or 7 of one thing, 4 of another, and 7 of another. (Ex: 7 buttons, 4 pattern papers, 7 letters in your title)

Live, Love, Laugh By ArtsyLC

February 10 - National Flannel Day - Use something with a flannel pattern or use pictures of someone wearing flannel.

Edited by Deanna Schuler on 02-10-19 07:03 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler

February 11 - Happy Birthday, Thomas Edison! You electric light as your inspiration.

February 12 - Westminster Dog Show is the 11th and 12th. Include dogs or a dog quote or figure of speech… “bone tired”, “dog gone”, “my pups are barking” …

February 13 - World Radio Day - Use a song title or lyrics! You choose!

February 14 - LOVE LOVE LOVE! ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE! Have fun … use red, hearts, love themed!

February 15 - Susan B. Anthony Day - Do a project dedicated to a woman you admire!

February 16 - 1923 Burial Chamber of King Tut was opened … use pyramids (or triangles) on your project.

February 17 - My Way Day - Do a project that showcases one of your favorite paper lines, techniques, or photo topic! Be sure to tell us why you picked this!

Edited by Deanna Schuler on 02-09-19 09:35 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler

February 18 - Thumb Print appreciation Day - Include a thumb print on your project… you could make it into a little cartoon character or flower… or just document someones finger prints.

February 19 - Prevent Plagiarism Day - Use a quote on your project and be sure to credit the author.

February 20 - Love your Pet Day - Do a project showcasing a pet.

February 21 - The peace symbol was designed on this day in 1958. Use the peace symbol on your project. (there are actually many symbols of peace … so use any you want!)

February 22 - Today is National Margarita day (and my son’s 5th birthday!). My son’s favorite color (for the moment) is LIME GREEN! How perfect it that! Use lime green on your project!

February 23 - National Tile Day - Use a tiled pattern on your project today.

February 24 - Steve Jobs birthday (co-founded Apple and Pixar) You an apple or a Pixar character on your project today!

Edited by Deanna Schuler on 02-21-19 12:32 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler

February 25 - 2/25/19 - I got NOTHING! I can’t find anything… so all I can think is 25… like 25th anniversary… silver anniversary! Use Silver on your project!

February 26 - Today is MY BIRTHDAY! (I happen to share it with Levi Strauss - think blue jeans). Since it is MY BIRTHDAY… I am giving YOU a gift… a gift of choice:

-birthday theme
-tell a fairy tale day (my favorite is Cinderella) - use a fairy tale theme
-use denim fabric, pattern or color on your project

February 27 - National Retro Day: Use a pattern that reminds you of your childhood.

February 28 - Digital Learning Day - Use a computer to create your LO… completely digital… just the title… you pick!

Edited by Deanna Schuler on 02-28-19 04:54 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

toni-n-tn
Diva
toni-n-tn

Thankful for this challenge. I used it often in January
Thanks for hosting,

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler
In response to toni-n-tn

I am glad to inspire some people since I don't get to do much!

DYnWV
DYnWV 
Angel
DYnWV
  • DYnWV on 02-01-19 09:36 AM

Joining in, again! Thanks for continuing this! I actually did a couple of pages that I probably wouldn't have thought to do last month!

Jen E
Jen E 
Diva
Jen E
  • Jen E on 02-01-19 12:48 PM
In response to DYnWV

I'll give this challenge a try this month!!

Governor
In response to Jen E

Off to a great starting set of inspirations!! I've got ideas running through my mind already!!!

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to boricuapr

YourScrapAttack
Diva
YourScrapAttack
In response to Scrapanda

I need some motivation. I’m in

Seafire
Veteran
Seafire
In response to YourScrapAttack

I wanted to do more for January...good thing we have another challenge ahead to keep us motivated!

Governor
In response to Seafire

So Yeah Me! Gound Hog Day ON Ground Hog Day!!

Enjoy Life By Boricuapr

Edited by boricuapr on 02-02-19 08:55 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Governor
In response to boricuapr

Daily 3 - The music died for Poor Hubby when I got a hole in one. No more happy dance for the remaining 14 holes for him lol!!

But that didn't keep me from doing my happy dance!

Pirate Putt Putt By Boricuapr

Hole In One By Boricuapr

Pro
In response to boricuapr

I'll use this card for my Day 1: Red or Hearts

Love You (red) By ArtsyLC

Governor
In response to ArtsyLC

Checking in to see if I could find an inspiration.

Pro
In response to boricuapr

For today, day 7: Rose Day- I used rose pp and embossed roses then distressed the red paper.

Oh happy day By ArtsyLC

Motherload
Guru
Motherload
In response to ArtsyLC

Just getting started on this challenge, so I began with February 1, Wear a Red Shirt Day. Not only are my boys wearing red shirts, I added lots of red and hearts to the layout.
EMS - I Love My Boy (x2) By Motherload

Pro
In response to Motherload

This is for Day 2- matting with black for shadows

Kiss By ArtsyLC

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to ArtsyLC

Mine for daily #2 as well
School Reunion By Scrapanda

Motherload
Guru
Motherload
In response to Scrapanda

Day 2 seems to be popular - here's mine! I partially matted my photos because I already had black scraps cut to these sizes and didn't want to cut into a new sheet of black. I actually like the way they turned out.
EMS - Let's Hear It For the Boys By Motherload

Pro

Here's mine for today 747. I have 7 photos, 7 pearls (4 in flowers and 3 by the cut the cake sticker) and 4 matching small pink flowers.

Live, Love, Laugh By ArtsyLC

Pro
In response to ArtsyLC

Here's mine for February 6 which is the birthday of Axl Rose of Guns 'n Roses. So I used the song title Sweet Child 'o Mine.

Sweet child 'o mine By ArtsyLC

Pro
In response to ArtsyLC

Great inspirations! I am enjoying your choices this month. Thanks!

Governor
In response to ArtsyLC

I've got the perfect pic for the 13th!!! Hope to get it finished next weekend.

Governor
In response to boricuapr

acu

Motherload
Guru
Motherload
In response to boricuapr

For 2/9, my "747" is 7 patterned paper strips, 4 daisies, and 7 butterflies. I guess technically I also have 4 buttons, but since they are part of the daisies, I think they count as a unit, right?
EMS - Desert Beauty By Motherload

Pro

I did this one today and will post today or I will forget. It is for the 13th Music day. The title is lyrics from the song Chicken Fried.

LITTLE THINGS By ArtsyLC

toni-n-tn
Diva
toni-n-tn
In response to ArtsyLC

here is one for the 13th World Radio Day. I had the song
Wish you were here by Pink Floyd for the Music Inspiration Challenge. This is what I came up with using the Title.

Wish You Were Here By Toni-n-tn

tfl,

Pro
In response to toni-n-tn

For Daily 8: Hollywood Stars

faithful FAN By ArtsyLC

SusanneG
Idol
SusanneG
In response to ArtsyLC

day 6
A card I did for our friend who turned 60 on february 6

Happy 60 By SusanneG

SusanneG
Idol
SusanneG
In response to SusanneG

Day 7 roses

flowers By SusanneG

Pro
In response to SusanneG

This is for Day 12: Westminster Dog Show. I used a dog and the the phrase dog gone.

Dog Gone Fun By ArtsyLC

toni-n-tn
Diva
toni-n-tn
In response to ArtsyLC

here is one for the 14th, using the word Love.

Do All Thing with Love By Toni-n-tn

tfl,

Pro
In response to toni-n-tn

Here's mine for day 10, flannel:

I'm dreaming of a FARMHOUSE Christmas By ArtsyLC

Motherload
Guru
Motherload
In response to ArtsyLC

For 2/8, lots of stars - stamped, brads, patterned paper strip.
EMS - Chino Air Show By Motherload

Pro

For Daily Challenge 15: My mom, a woman I admire. The photo was taken at my son's wedding. She is such a go getter, it is hard to believe she's 82.

Blessed with you By ArtsyLC

Pro
In response to ArtsyLC

Daily 16: King Tut use triangles.

fun to SPARE By ArtsyLC

toni-n-tn
Diva
toni-n-tn
In response to ArtsyLC

A woman I admire #15 - this is a page I did about our going out to eat for a friend's retirement... I'm thinking of putting this in a scrapbook frame and giving it to her. She is one of the nicest people, and she's always, always
there for us.

FUN By Toni-n-tn

tfl

Pro
In response to toni-n-tn

For Daily 3: The Day the Music Died. I actually live about 25 miles from the location of the crash that killed Richie Valens, Buddy Holly and the Big Bopper. I used the Richie Valens' Song "Come on Let's Go" for my title.

Let's Go By ArtsyLC

New Kid On the Block
In response to ArtsyLC

hi can I still join?
ty
karina

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler
In response to Imaklutzychica

This is open all month! Join in when you can!

Sorry I was late with today's inspiration... my homework is KICKING MY BUTT! I hope to be back later tonight to get the prompts for this week posted! All of you are doing a fantastic job... I am jealous of your projects!

DYnWV
DYnWV 
Angel
DYnWV
  • DYnWV on 02-19-19 11:39 AM

Dropping off a few I did at the retreat I went to this past weekend:

Day 5 (Weather Related-Winter)
Hello January By DYnWV

Day 10 (Flannel-DH has his favorite red and black flannel shirt on)
You Are So Good to Me By DYnWV

Day 13 (World Radio) Used the lyrics from Wrapped in Red by Kelly Clarkson as the first line of the journaling, "You know it's love..."
3 Game Weekend By DYnWV

Day 17 (My Way) My favorite photo subjects are my dgds and I also used my favorite tool, my Cricut.
Winter Joy By DYnWV

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to DYnWV

Daily #9 - planes
Leaving on a Jet Plane By Scrapanda

Daily #13 - song - Life in Pink by The Ready Set
Life In Pink By Scrapanda

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to Scrapanda

#12 - dogs
Who Did It? By Scrapanda

#8 - stars
Baby Room Progress By Scrapanda

Pro
In response to Scrapanda

I just finished this layout yesterday with my ugly papers so I am going to post it for Day 24- apple.

Apple of my eye By ArtsyLC

Edited by ArtsyLC on 02-21-19 04:51 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DYnWV
DYnWV 
Angel
DYnWV
  • DYnWV on 02-22-19 10:40 AM
In response to ArtsyLC

I'm acu2h and loving the inspiration!

Governor
In response to DYnWV

This is for Daily 15 - Susan B Anthony - This project was made for my swap partner CDJohnson. Kuddos to her for being a nurse and always helping people and taking time for herself to enter various runs.

Our theme for Dawna's Mixed Media Swas is trash to treasure. Took a paint stick from our house remodel and covered it with TH Distress Crayons. The curling ribbons are from presents and I used them to symbolize the paint powder as it's sprayed on runners. I also used trim from old card to make her socks and waistband. The Color Run is on my bucket list and of course Cheryl enters all sorts of Runs.

Paint Stick - Run By Boricuapr

This is the paint stick before I started decorating.
Paint Stick By Boricuapr

PKfromPA
Expert
PKfromPA
In response to boricuapr

Mine for Feb 12
❤️ That dog By PKfromPA

Pro
In response to PKfromPA

Here's my day 23: Tile Pattern

work HARD, play HARD By ArtsyLC

Pro
In response to ArtsyLC

For day 19, quote with author.

MY BALL By ArtsyLC

Pro
In response to ArtsyLC

For Daily Challenge 14: Love

love & happiness By ArtsyLC

Pro
In response to ArtsyLC

For day 20- Love Your Pet. My cat from my college and early marriage days....had her for 16 years.

Paisley By ArtsyLC

Motherload
Guru
Motherload
In response to ArtsyLC

For 2/3, The Day the Music Died, I used the phrase "bad news on the doorstep" in my journaling. Seemed pretty appropriate for the topic of my layout, too.
EMS - Vesuvius Now & Then By Motherload

Pro

This layout is for days 22 (lime green) and 26 (birthday)

today was DINO-MITE By ArtsyLC

Pro
In response to ArtsyLC

For Daily Challenges 22 (Peace- White Poppy) and 25 (Silver).

A Love that's Going to Last By ArtsyLC

Pro
In response to ArtsyLC

I will use this one from Day 17: My Way. I think my style has changed a lot since joining scrapbook.com last year. I'd say now I'd characterize it by lots of pattern, texture and layering.

Inbound By ArtsyLC

Pro
In response to ArtsyLC

Happy Birthday Deanna! Hope you have a great day!

PKfromPA
Expert
PKfromPA
In response to ArtsyLC

Happy Birthday🎁🎂🍧enjoy your day!

Motherload
Guru
Motherload
In response to PKfromPA

Happy birthday, Deanna! Hope you got in some scrappy time today. I finished a layout for 2/10 National Flannel Day. Used some really old CM flannel paper on this one.
EMS - B17 Sentimental Journey By Motherload

Pro

LOL...same paper I used in my layout, been in my stash forever!

• Motherload Said:
Happy birthday, Deanna! Hope you got in some scrappy time today. I finished a layout for 2/10 National Flannel Day. Used some really old CM flannel paper on this one.
EMS - B17 Sentimental Journey By Motherload

Motherload
Guru
Motherload
In response to ArtsyLC

Lisa, that's really funny! I remember commenting on your layout, so maybe the paper choice stuck in my mind and guided me in making my own choice. It's always cool to see how different people use the same supplies, too.

Edited by Motherload on 02-27-19 11:24 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Motherload
Guru
Motherload

One more for me. For World Radio Day, 2/13, I used the song title "Under the Sea" from The Little Mermaid. This might be my last layout for the month, although I was going through my stash today and found a full sheet of lightbulb paper, which I would love to use for 2/11, Thomas Edison's birthday, if only I could figure out how!
EMS - Under the Sea By Motherload

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda

#26 - fairy tale
Maleficient By Scrapanda

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler
In response to Scrapanda

Another month of no scrappy time for me! All of you kept me happy with your work! Great job! I am going to TRY to get March started before I go to bed!

Motherload
Guru
Motherload

Last one for February. I happen across some light bulb paper in a box my neighbor had given me when she moved, and I knew I had to use it for 2/11, Thomas Edison's birthday! Took me a moment to think of it, but it seemed like a perfect fit for red ribbon week because "Bright kids don't do drugs!"
EMS - Red Ribbon Week By Motherload

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler

March has started... I have the first three days ready!

https://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?fid/18/t...

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics