Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: February 2019 Budget Challenge        (Topic#1675533)
Governor
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Well here's my project using those TH Distress Crayon that Sharon was always going on about

Our theme for Dawna's Mixed Media Challenge is trash to treasure. Took a paint stick from our house remodel and covered it with TH Distress Crayons. The curling ribbons are from presents and I used them to symbolize the paint powder as it's sprayed on runners. I also used trim from old card to make her socks and waistband. The Color Run is on my bucket list and of course Cheryl enters all sorts of Runs.

Paint Stick - Run By Boricuapr

This is the paint stick before I started decorating.
Paint Stick By Boricuapr

But I did get the ultimate Hubby Loophole today Stopped by my LSS before she closes the doors next week and Hubby bought me 3 JN Dolls, and some of the baby stamp sets, a cool piece of paper and a sprig of flowers. I should have grabbed the G45 Imagination Kit club. What was I thinking

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl
In response to boricuapr

Good Morning! My budget is still safe since there is no time to enter a craft store. I haven't been tempted to push the button on my cart here b/c of shipping. Dang, if we could get free shipping on this site it'd be a free for all!
I think Doreena was on to something with the prime...

Sharon and Sonja and Linda ... girls on fire! (even though Linda found a loophole!)

Tammy, nice on the free spending!

Kelly, yay on completing your ink collection on a budget!

Hope the rest of your weekend is good.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Well, Tammy some of us are just weird that way...my friend.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

I will say I thought I showed a lot of restraint not getting anything at M's or TM's the 3 times I went.
Then I always feel like I need to support our LSS so she can stay in business! After all that is the "local hangout" for all of my scrappy friends! Many of the same ladies come each month and with room for only 20 ladies there is never a shortage to fill the crops as ladies rotate in and out depending on their schedule.
Plus she has a room to have classes...so it is a 3 room building with class space, a retail shop, a crop space.
The class is where I spent most of my $ this time. I will have to post the photo when I finish the project.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

Sharon, I would never call you wierd (in a serious way you know)

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

I'd like the record to reflect that I spent exactly $5.49 this weekend, and most of that was cardstock.
Everyone recovered from shock? Okay good. I was going to go to Ms Saturday with the kids for one of their kid crafts, but all of us were feeling crummy and stuffy when we got up so we just stayed home. I ended up cleaning out our living room pantry/closet and reorganizing it. Cleaned the kitchen and reorganized the mess of cables DH insists on having out by the TV, then vacuumed and mopped the living room floor.
Yesterday's crop I had exactly 3 hours of an 8-hour crop.... but I got 3 loads of laundry done, made breakfast and dinner in the crockpot, packed up the kids and myself and finished a reading challenge blog I'm hosting in March - all before noon! Made it to the crop by 3 and managed 3 simple pages, though I need to fix one before posting them.

So I feel crummy and sore today and bummed I didn't craft long, but proud of all I got accomplished this weekend! And all with a sinus infection.

Hey Sharon, I noticed you didn't mention how much you spent????

Linda that project is so cute!!! I've done the Color Run several times and it is SO fun! Do it! Do it! Do it!

Maria, SHHHHH!!!! My budget would be toast if they offered free shipping on all orders over $25....

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to SonjaC

So proud of you Sonja on that low budget spending...
I did not post what I spent because well like I said it was going up in flames so there is no evidence of what I spent!!
Meaning I have not looked at the receipt to see what went towards scrapping and how much this little home sign I made cost, add the snowman head and an Easter Egg for April...
Home By Sewflake

julie101
Diva
julie101

We had a great time on your cruise, next one is a trip to New Zealand.

Woo hoo go me 2 months and have not brought scrappy supplies. Think I will have to go for a 3 months of no buying :).

Governor
In response to julie101

Yea Julie on no spending!! I think I'll give myself an outrageous budget for March so that I can brag I was under budget in April

Tammy - is there a loophole for budget carryover ??

Can't make to LSS before the doors close, and won't be able to make there on the day she sells off fixtures - I'm so bummed!!! Had my eye on a metal paper tower that she wouldn't sell me when I was there Saturday!

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl
In response to boricuapr

After signing off this thread yesterday, I happened to look in the store. $35 later, I now have some paper and stamps on the way...

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to gluemore girl

Last day of the month ladies. I think we all gave it a good go this February!

Sonja, wow, I'm especially proud of you!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Kamananui

Thank goodness I fell asleep last night or else I would have busted at the last second... stupid six brands on sale! I had Simple Stories and 49th and Market in my cart and would have saved 20% on all of them. BUT I don't need them so... *wipes hands* SAVED by the cold meds!

Who's hosting March? Want me to do it?

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to SonjaC

Sonja, go for it! I need some place to confess my sins.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Kamananui

Oh goodness, already Kelly?

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Finally had a chance to add March! Whew what a day...
March Budget Challenge

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics