Username Post: SB.com Prime?        (Topic#1675547)
Doreena
Queen
Doreena

So this is a joke, mostly...but if it could work it would be so awesome!

I order from SB.com.... A LOT!
Sometimes what stops me though is the shipping.
Not because it's high, necessarily, just because it is an extra expense that makes me think... "Hmmm... do I really need that?"

However, since I have Amazon Prime, I never have to stop myself from ordering from Amazon because I pay zero shipping.
I just pay the 1 time Annual Fee and then shop as often as I want...
which is A LOT more than I do here at SB.com (can you imagine?!)
LOL

So my suggestion, if it would work... would be for SB.com to adopt a Prime program.

What do you all think?!

Edited by Doreena on 02-05-19 08:25 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to Doreena

Sounds seriously dangerous! I'd need parental controls on mine to prevent me from buying all the paper, one piece at a time.

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to cindy312

• cindy312 Said:
Sounds seriously dangerous! I'd need parental controls on mine to prevent me from buying all the paper, one piece at a time.

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to Doreena

But Amazon also has a lot of free shipping even without prime--I'm not prime and haven't paid shipping for a long time.

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to scrapperbee

• scrapperbee Said:
But Amazon also has a lot of free shipping even without prime--I'm not prime and haven't paid shipping for a long time.

Really cuz I found I was constantly paying shipping on everything I ordered so I finally decided to go Prime.
Hmmm...

DO you have to spend a certain amount?

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to Doreena

Come to think of it, I do remember now... I did get free shipping if I ordered a certain dollar amount or more... but then we'd have to wait until we got that dollar amount in the cart or add stuff we didn't really want just to get it to that dollar amount, to avoid paying shipping.
Not worth it to me!
Now I can order what I want when I want and have it delivered w/in a day or 2!
There is an Amazon Distribution Center in my City so I sometimes get the items the same day whoo-hoo!

Edited by Doreena on 02-05-19 01:55 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to Doreena

I don't have Amazon Prime because I can almost always get free shipping on Amazon. Depends on the seller - like ebay. I look for the offers that have free shipping.

Sounds like a good idea, and I definitely think it would benefit scrapbook.com because people would definitely shop more often and not sit on a basket waiting for it to get full enough on the right date. I find that I fill my cart, and when the free shipping date rolls around, they are often out of items I want. I hate it when that happens but they are always running out of things in my cart. No surprise that other people are falling in love with the same items that I am.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Henri Jean

I pay for Amazon Prime, not only for the free shipping but for free movies, free season shows...just watched Downton Abbey again...free ship to family without me having to do the work.
I did notice there are many items that have free shipping but sometimes you have to get to a certain amount. I don't have the patients!!! If I order it I want it soon!!!

How cool that would be to have free shipping here, I too often do not order because of the shipping. Why....like was mentioned...it seems like an added fee that makes me think "do I want it bad enough to pay the cost of shipping"?

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to Sewflake

Yes, Sharon...
You totally get me!
Patience? What even is that?!

And I totally forgot about all those other freebies you mentioned that I just take for granted now.
Thanks for the reminder!

Vivian Lake
Diva
Vivian Lake
In response to Doreena

I'm only guessing . . . but Amazon Prime is a gigantic cooperation and SB.com . . . is not and has a very niche market.

However, I'm constantly reading on FB in several crafty groups in which crafters have not heard of SB.com

Shipping doesn't bother me, but I do find myself piling up my order to get it. So, I do get why peeps are bothered by the extra expense.

If we want SB.com to stay in business, we really shouldn't balk at shipping costs. They cannot compete with Amazon at that level, just like brick and mortar could not compete with the internet. I buy from both places, mainly because if I can't find it here then I will most likely find it on Amazon. However, there have been times I can't find something new and awesome at either place mainly cause it foreign made.

Now shipping from Australia . . . I will continue to admire their products from afar.

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to Vivian Lake

I'm not complaining about shipping. As I said I shop here a lot and will continue to do so.
Amazon Prime charges an annual fee so they're still getting money from me + my purchases.
It was mostly a joke, partly an idea. IDK how it all works so possibly it could make SB.com money, but if it doesnt then obviously I wouldn't suggest they go that route
I love SB.com and would never want them to go out of business!

Edited to add: I buy my scrappy stuff from here not Amazon. I just mentioned Amazon in order to explain the whole "Prime" idea.
I'll still buy scrappy stuff from here and everything else from Amazon

Edited by Doreena on 02-06-19 06:42 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Vivian Lake
Diva
Vivian Lake
In response to Doreena

It's all good Doreena!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to Vivian Lake

It is all good. I fill my basket up but if I need something quickly, I go ahead and order ASAP. The customer service here is so good! I don't like paying or postage, or shipping, but if I want it badly enough, I pay it or hold it in my basket until its time to click order (free shipping days)!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

I hardly ever "hold" my orders here for free shipping days! If I am ordering it then I WANT it and by the time free shipping comes around it is usually out of stock!! I even have a hard time waiting for Mondays when there is a discount code that can cover the cost of shipping. Like tonight, I saw I wanted I ordered! BOOM!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to Sewflake

If I'm working on a project and need it now, then I want it right away and will order it asap - free shipping isn't a consideration.

But 99% of the stuff I order are things I think are cute and really cool and want, but doesn't bother me to wait for a few months.

Often I will just fill my basket for a couple months (sometimes as long as 6 or 8 months) and it will hit hundreds of dollars - then there will be something I really need now so I will go ahead and click to order it all.

But if there is nothing I really have a project for right now, then I'm happy to just let it ride for free shipping.

A lot of things are out of stock when I order, but I catch them on the next orders.

I also like to leave stuff in my basket for a while and look at it a few times and sometimes I will delete things after I've thought about it for a while and sometimes I'll add more of something or additional colors after I've thought about it.

Sometimes I'll have something in my cart and when I look at it again, I decide I want more of the papers or products in that line and add it.

ppilgrim
Idol
ppilgrim

OMG, you guys crack me UP!

When I order from sb.com, which I do frequently, I have to take into account the Canadian dollar (worth about 75 cents US), shipping rates that are almost twice what you guys pay AND a 50/50 chance that I'll end up paying duty on my parcel. Even with the new trade agreement, things that ship by mail remain subject to duty, including a $9.95 "processing fee" in addition to the actual duty.

Know when you're lucky and be grateful, would be my advice :-)

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to ppilgrim

• ppilgrim Said:
OMG, you guys crack me UP!

When I order from sb.com, which I do frequently, I have to take into account the Canadian dollar (worth about 75 cents US), shipping rates that are almost twice what you guys pay AND a 50/50 chance that I'll end up paying duty on my parcel. Even with the new trade agreement, things that ship by mail remain subject to duty, including a $9.95 "processing fee" in addition to the actual duty.

Know when you're lucky and be grateful, would be my advice :-)

Ditto! I love the items here but for it to ship to Canada is just not often worth it. Sometimes I order and ship to dh's aunt when she is coming to visit and then she brings it to me. But I still have to pay the darn exchange!

judy2408
Resident
judy2408
In response to ppilgrim

I am also from Alberta Canada & an hour from any scrapbooking or craft stores so do quite a bit of on line shopping. There is a dollar amount that if you are under you don't pay the tax or the $9.95 handling fee from SB.com. I received an order yesterday that was $31.93 USD with shipping ($25.94 before shipping) & I didn't pay anything when I picked it up at the post office. Maybe if it is under $50 you can avoid the border charges?? There is a store in Edmonton that has free shipping for orders over $50 so if they have something I want I will order enough to get free shipping.

ppilgrim
Idol
ppilgrim
In response to judy2408

Ah ha! So "making it worth the shipping" may not be working for me after all. Could be that I'm better off keeping the orders smaller, thereby avoiding the duty. Thanks for the tip!

I sometimes order from TM (in Edmonton) when I can't find what I want here. I try to be loyal to sb.com because I value the community but they can't stock everything, can they?

That said, I wish they still carried cutting mats for my Silhouette Portrait. I just paid fairly staggering shipping to get a new one form OTC, of all places.

Jenny from the Crop
Mayor
Jenny from the Crop
In response to Doreena

I like it! And I also think there needs to be a SB.com app!

Simplicity42
New Kid On the Block
Simplicity42
In response to Jenny from the Crop

They’re a lot cheaper than SSS!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics