Username Post: Storage: bespoke, purchased or up-cycled?        (Topic#1675579)
ppilgrim
Idol
ppilgrim

I've been looking longingly at Tiffany's ingenious storage and organization products and wishing I could afford the shipping to bring them to me in the wilds of Western Canada. I've also been wondering what other folks who've been scrapbooking for over a decade use to keep their stuff organized.

Do you have a custom-built (bespoke) scrap room, with storage designed for your specific needs?

Have you purchased your storage units (from Ikea, Michael's, or online)?

Do you re-purpose or upcycle old boxes and containers, or items meant for storing other things?

As for me, I spent yesterday organizing my journaling cards and storing them in a basket meant for serving baguettes, so that should tell you where I am in this (highly informal) survey. ;-)

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to ppilgrim

Scrap room after By Mrsmiller

Most of it's Ikea. My husband built the shelving to the left of the french doors. Some of the shelves were made to fit Ikea cardboard boxes.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to ppilgrim

at my old house my scrap room was full of cupboards that I used. I had 12 x 12 x plastic drawers to organize my papers. I got them at walmart first but some of the craft stores have them too. when we moved 5 yrs ago. there wa nothing in my scrap room so I had to buy cupboards from michaels that had different size drawers, ones with slots for paper. I have a partial wall of cupboard. I also have those same 12 x 12 drawers for my papers and stuff.,

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

My room is wherever I can have it. When we moved here I was in part of the family room and now DD's old room has become my craft room/guest room. I have shelves with 12x12 Iris drawers and other storage compartment pieces.
I still use the same and I also use baskets, tins, and other containers that I already have or purchase. I might have a pic or 2 in my gallery.

ppilgrim
Idol
ppilgrim
In response to gluemore girl

Next question: how many dog beds do you have in your scraproom? :-)

I currently have 3 but that will go back to two when Finn & Rosie go home.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to ppilgrim

• ppilgrim Said:
Next question: how many dog beds do you have in your scraproom? :-)

I currently have 3 but that will go back to two when Finn & Rosie go home.

I have blankets and foam pads everywhere now. My puggles can hang out wherever they feel like.

Vivian Lake
Diva
Vivian Lake
In response to mrsmiller

Mine is like Mrs. Miller . . . only not that pretty or organized. But lots of IKEA everywhere. I have a bigger desk that my husband built so I can have lots of room plus do my job at my computer.

I spend a LOT of time at that desk.

don1
don1 
Pro
don1
  • don1 on 02-22-19 09:52 PM
In response to Vivian Lake

My storage is all mish mash. I go to garage sales, repurpose packaging, make my own stuff out of whatever I have. I make small drawers out of cereal boxes. Mostly I just make do.
Ikea nor Martha would like it here, but I bet Lindsay would love it.
Photos in my gallery

Edited by don1 on 03-03-19 08:31 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to don1

Like Don1 I repurpose everything. Nothing matching. I use the money to "re-invest" in my hobby. No dog beds but my cat loves to lie on my paper.

Veteran
  • 0612 on 03-02-19 02:30 PM
In response to southgirl

I dont really have a room just a unfinished part of the basement, nothing matches, no one can see the room as it does have a door on it.

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to 0612

Peggy...I love the organizational stuff as much as I love papercrafting! So 2 hobbies in one!1! OLOLOL!...I have a lot of IKEA and the cabinetry was Lowe's clearance section....

Scraproom-Right Room Side By MarciLB
Scraproom-Left Room side By MarciLB

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics