Username Post: March UGLY GAMES Challenge- Papers in Transit        (Topic#1675589)
charcats7
Queen
charcats7

The UGLY GAMES AKA The UGLY PAPER CHALLENGE
Greetings- Char here – I’ll be taking over hosting this challenge from CJ. This challenge was the very 1st I participated in when I joined in on SB.com in May 2011. I loved it & have become a better scrapbooker because of it. I hope you’ll join me.

This is a monthly challenge that you MUST sign up for PRIOR to the 1st.

Overview:
A) Send 1 set of ugly papers and an embellishment to the address you are given thru PM on the 1st of the month. (see specifics in Details below).
B) Turn your received papers into a beautiful masterpiece. This may require much thought, but that is the idea of this challenge- to think outside the box.
C) All entries will be posted on SB.com in a public poll: one vote set for ugliest papers and another for completed masterpieces.
D) RAK’s will be sent to the 2 winners.

Details:
1) If you are new to this challenge (or it has been awhile), please sign up in the thread and then PM me your screen name, real name (first and last), and mailing address. Canada & Australia are accepted. I must have your address by/before the last day of the previous month as addresses are sent out on the 1st! Please let me know if you are willing to mail to Canada and/or Australia.

2) Mail two (2) UGLY 12” x 12” papers and an embellishment by/before the 5th of the month. Please post on the thread you have mailed out.
+If the paper(s) is/are 2-sided, you can X out one of the sides should you choose to limit your recipient’s use of the paper, or use a sticky note. Please make sure you don’t make the X show thru on the usable side.
+One (1) of the papers can be shaped as long as the size is 11” -12” i.e. a circle.

3) Please check in on the thread weekly. Banter is one of the fun parts of this challenge.

4) When you receive your papers, please take a photo and post on the thread. Don’t forget to allow public embedding.

5) Complete your layout & post a photo of it onto the thread by the last day of the calendar month (again- don’t forget to allow public embedding):
+You are to make one (1) 12” x 12” scrapbook page from the papers you receive.
+The embellishment is not required to be used, but is worth an extra vote (you must post on the thread if you used the embellishment & where it is on the page).
+BOTH papers MUST be used and MUST be recognizable in the photo of the completed layout. Any inking, paint, etc. must still allow the pattern of the papers to be seen. Sometimes you can see it just fine in person, but a in a photo, you cannot. Think about this as you distress/alter your papers. Saying “it’s visible IRL” does not count…. sorry. When in doubt- take a sample and test it by taking a photo after the distressing.
+Note- if you make a 2-page LO, you must choose which page you are using as your entry in the challenge.

6) TIME is based on when I get on the computer on the 1st of the month (start of new challenge and finish of previous month challenge). If you PM me or post before I log in on those days, you are good. I am not always early- so you have some grace. Just FYI, I live in the Central time zone and we do Daylight Savings… just to give you an idea.
+If you are posting your finished page on the wire, please state you finished it in the new challenge thread so I can include you in the challenge for the next month.

7) Life happens – if by some chance you do not get your layout completed by the end of the month, you are encouraged to still complete it, but it will become the next month’s entry.
+On the other spectrum, if you are unable to send your papers out by the 5th, PM me ASAP so I can send papers to your assigned recipient.
+Note- this is for extreme circumstances.

Mailing pointers: many simply take two pieces of cardboard/chipboard and place the papers and embellishment between them and tape around the edges with box tape. USPS discourages duct tape and may refuse to mail your package should you use it. There are also flat boxes that can work as well. Tubes are accepted, but many recipients dislike their papers curled. Ultimately it is up to you. You are responsible for all postage expenses.

Edited by charcats7 on 03-05-19 05:26 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to charcats7

Tributes:
0. Char (CharCats7)
1. Lisa (ArtsyLC)
2. Amanda (Scrapanda)
3. Sandra (sasload4)

Edited by charcats7 on 03-01-19 01:00 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to charcats7

Entries:

0. Char
uglies March Uglies By Charcats7

1. Lisa

2. Amanda

3. Sandra MARCH 2019 UGLY PAPERS TECEIVED By Sasload4

Edited by charcats7 on 03-20-19 08:52 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Pro
In response to charcats7

I am in again Char! Thanks for taking over the challenge.

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to ArtsyLC

Count me in - reminder I am in Canada.

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to Scrapanda

I'm in too!!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to sasload4

WOW- so basically 4 of us?
Ok- I'll send addresses out. I was hoping because I'm running wayyyyy late today I'd have more people.

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to charcats7

Addresses sent....

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to charcats7

I'll probably get mine out tomorrow!

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to Scrapanda

Dropped mine off at the post office this afternoon so they'll be heading out in the morning.

Pro
In response to Scrapanda

Mine will go out this afternoon....feeling like I went a little easy on mine this month.

Puddin Head
Diva
Puddin Head
In response to ArtsyLC

I'd love to participate in this challenge someday. Unfortunately, I always read about them after the closing date.

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to Puddin Head

• Puddin Head Said:
I'd love to participate in this challenge someday. Unfortunately, I always read about them after the closing date.

I'll put you down for April
Just PM me your address as described in the first post and then I'll have you primed to go.
AND- if someone else pops in & wants to play- I'll just have you exchange with them.... will that work?

Siimplicity
Idol
Siimplicity
In response to charcats7

I'll participate, if you're still looking for another. (-;

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to Siimplicity

I sent my papers on Tuesday so they may be with their new owner today. I received my papers today, but I've not opened them yet have a doctor's appointment.

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to Siimplicity

• Siimplicity Said:
I'll participate, if you're still looking for another. (-;

Ok Christy and Susan- it's on you guys to PM me your addresses & y'all are most welcome to play

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to sasload4

• sasload4 Said:
I sent my papers on Tuesday so they may be with their new owner today. I received my papers today, but I've not opened them yet have a doctor's appointment.

Yes I received said papers.... haven't taken a photo yet... hope to do that this evening

Pro
In response to charcats7

Still no papers for me....hoping the USPS doesn't lose them like they did a few months ago.

Pro
In response to ArtsyLC

Was so excited when I got home and my uglies had arrived, even made myself do other chores before I could open the package. But then I opened them....lol! Amanda must think I needed a big challenge this month- holy buckets, red and green stars with purple and yellow chicks! What's a girl going to do with that? I'll post a picture when I get a chance.

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to ArtsyLC

I'm not sure who sent these, I apologize as I have shredded the address already. I have a couple of ideas swimming around, so we'll see which one comes to fruition.

MARCH 2019 UGLY PAPERS TECEIVED By Sasload4

Pro
In response to sasload4

They came from me......sorry?

• sasload4 Said:
I'm not sure who sent these, I apologize as I have shredded the address already. I have a couple of ideas swimming around, so we'll see which one comes to fruition.

MARCH 2019 UGLY PAPERS TECEIVED By Sasload4

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to ArtsyLC

Lol sorry Lisa! I know you will come up with something fabulous!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to Scrapanda

And here are mine from Sandra

March Uglies By Charcats7

I think I have just the photo.... my DH & DS where a kilt....

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to charcats7

alright Lisa- where is that photo of said ugly papers????

Amanda- I am really hoping yours arrive very soon...

Note to everyone who sends to Canada- send it in the THINNEST packaging you can or else it's like $20
I had to repackage to send it at a more reasonable rate...

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to charcats7

Still waiting Char - ds checks the mail every day as soon as he gets home from school to see if mom's "big papers" are there! LOL!

Pro
In response to Scrapanda

Sorry, time got away from me....here they are:

March Uglies By ArtsyLC

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to ArtsyLC

Ok Char the uglies must have heard us talking about them and decided to show up today. I must say though......I wouldn't have been sad if this one particular package had gotten lost in the mail! Completely stumped!
March 2019 Ugly Paper Challenge - uglies By Scrapanda

Pro
In response to Scrapanda

Good lord, the papers in general tis month are very challenging....I still have no clue what I am going to do.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics