Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: March VLB (Very Laid Back)--Loving the Love        (Topic#1675609)
scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

Welcome to March! It's time to scrap and make cards . . . and be part of the Very Laid Back (VLB) challenge. Some of us will get lots done, some of us won't. That's what's so great about this challenge--no pressure, just post the projects you complete, share love, and join the chatter!!

Can’t wait to see your projects!

1. Scrapperbee, Bev
2. Tena E.
3. t-towngirl, Blanca
4. Henri Jean
5. nvmagpie, Susan
6. godschild94, Janeen
7. dancinirish90, Lisa
8. DYnWV, Denise
9. julie101

Edited by scrapperbee on 03-19-19 01:12 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tena E.
Angel
Tena E.
In response to scrapperbee

Me please Bev, hope to get in more pages this month

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to Tena E.

Tena, you'd better get lots of pages done--we're all looking forward to all the pre-wedding and wedding lo's!

Got two more cards done. Met with my former co-worker today and we picked one sketch for a kit that everyone will make. Then we will have materials ready for girls to emboss a block (I'll work with them on my Grand Calibur) for those who want to create their own second one.

Happy Birthday By Scrapperbee

This one's more complicated than we want to work with:

Thank You By Scrapperbee

The nice thing is that I can still use all the cards whether I use them with the girls or not.

Edited by scrapperbee on 02-27-19 05:46 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

This is the sample for the sketch by Bev Code that everyone is going to make:

Thanks! By Scrapperbee

All we need is the background card, one strip of matching paper, matching ribbon, and a diecut sentiment--they will choose from Happy Easter, Mom, Thank You, Happy Birthday, or Congrats; so I can make the matching diecut ahead of time. There are only 20, so that shouldn't take me much time. I like that no matting is involved.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Me too! Have fun on your cruise!! The Panama Canal is my husband dream cruise.

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to t-towngirl

Thanks, Blanca! Really am excited.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Please add me again Bev!

Have a wonderful cruise - I know you will. More than a little jealous - you lucky woman!

Here's my new ones...

110 - Bora Bora By Henri Jean

111 - Moorea By Henri Jean

111 both sides - Bora Bora - Moorea By Henri Jean

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to Henri Jean

Thanks, Henri!

And hope I get to check in at least once in a while.

Tena E.
Angel
Tena E.

Bev, have a wonderful time on your cruise! Like Henri, I'm a little bit jealous...can't wait to see all your photos.

nvmagpie
Governor
nvmagpie
In response to Tena E.

Count me in again this month. Need to catch up on love.

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to nvmagpie

Hi, Susan!

nvmagpie
Governor
nvmagpie

Finished this quick card

2019 Hell card #1 By Nvmagpie

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to nvmagpie

I'm in again. Love hanging out and chatting with you ladies!

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to godschild94

Hello all. At hotel in Fort Lauderdale. Have two days to enjoy before cruise on Sunday.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Enjoy Ft. Lauderdale. Have you been on the water taxi around Pompano Beach? Strongly recommend it. You see all the houses that are worth mega-millions and they tell you who owns them - which movie stars and business people. Fascinating.

When we went the yacht used in the movie, "Overboard" with Goldie Hawn was docked. Also, you see the house where they filmed, "Where the Boys Are" and other things like that.

It's hop-on-hop-off so you can get off at some of the trendy areas and walk around and get lunch.

BIll and I grew up and dated in Miami when we were late teens. That's our old stomping ground. Wish we were down there now and we'd give you the grand tour!

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90

Me please! I have some serious catching up to do in February, and I will work on that tomorrow hopefully. Tonight I'm going up to Milwaukee to go to a concert with Cassie, so I have a lot to do today before I go. Then Sunday, I'm going back up there for the basketball game. I would have loved to just stay for the weekend, but new dog makes that impossible for now. Happy March everyone!!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to dancinirish90

Hi Lisa - good to see you! What concert are you and Cassie going to see? Sounds like a scrapbook page in the making! Take lots of pictures.

I didn't realize it, but today is March. February went by too quickly - so did January! (Although I'm sure it didn't feel that way for everyone snowed-in!)

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

I agree, January and February flew by. I am glad Spring is around the corner and the hour changes in a few days. Yay! I love the longer days.

ACU!

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

Hi Lisa and all. Had a great day on the water taxi. Ate lunch at the Boathouse, light dinner at the food court at the Galleria. Favorite was the mansions at night. Tomorrow using the sun trolley.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

So glad you went on the water taxi. Isn't that fun? Those mansions are fabulous! We really enjoyed it and our guide was wonderful. Am really happy to hear you did that.

I haven't been on the sun trolley anxious to hear what you say about it after your trip!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Last two pages for this album! YEA! It is the most satisfying feeling to see a book finished so I can order it printed and then have my complete album. I love it when one is finished!

Haven't started the next one yet so may be a few days before I start working on it. May try to make some progress on it tomorrow. We'll see.

But this is the end of Book 63!

112 - Certificate & Towel Animals By Henri Jean

113 - Towel Animals By Henri Jean

113 (both sides) - certificate and towel animals By Henri Jean

nvmagpie
Governor
nvmagpie

ACU

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to nvmagpie

Sun trolley is only to get to beach or Las Olas. But only $1 per ride, $3 per day. Did have fabulous Mexican food at Rocco’s Tacos. Must have hotel close to route. Did enjoy, but nothing like water taxi.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Sounds like you enjoying Ft. Lauderdale before your cruise! I miss south Florida, but don't want to live there - its changed too much. What I miss is the old south Florida of the 50's and 60's.

DYnWV
DYnWV 
Angel
DYnWV
  • DYnWV on 03-02-19 06:54 PM

Hi all, joining in, please!!!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to DYnWV

Hi Denise - I'm so glad you are here again this month!

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

Hello, Denise!

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Good morning!

nvmagpie
Governor
nvmagpie

Back to working on the Naval Aviation Museum. I have done several pocket pages with pics of other planes and journaling. My DH love planes and their history.

Freedom O-1 Bird Dog By Nvmagpie

Marine One By Nvmagpie

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to nvmagpie

Hi all! It was a long weekend, but a good one.

Henri - Cassie and I went to see Kiss. It was fantastic. She wanted to go, so I got her tickets for Christmas. And I got lots of photos, but it will probably be ages before I scrap them. lol

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

In the 80's I worked for an album-cut rock radio station and we played Kiss all the time.

When Kiss came to mobile, our radio station sponsored it so we had front row seats. I took my brother and his wife and Gene Simmons dripped fake blood all over my brother's t-shirt. I was sitting next to him, but none got on me.

After the concert, our radio station had a surprise for us. There was a band called "Wet Willie" and they had the hit, which was big in the 80's called "Weekends" and they were the opening act for Kiss that night.

Right as the concert was ending, but before people started leaving, the owner of the radio station and the sales manager and other bosses came to the rows were sitting in and told us to leave NOW - meet in the front of the auditorium.

When we got there he said he wanted us out before the rush and told us to all head for the dock. He gave us an exact location and he wanted us to head that way before all the rush from the concert got out.

When we got to the dock, we were all helped onto a yacht the radio station had arranged and were treated to a private concert by Wet Willie as we cruise around the Mobile Bay for a couple hours. I think we got back at 5AM!

It was fun with the band, and all the staff and disc jockeys. We really had so much fun that night. My brother and his wife decided they were in the wrong business - they should be working for a radio station! The perks were fun.

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90

So, I was thinking about concerts after I posted before, and I was trying to count how many I have yet to scrap. I ended up going back through my photo files and counted 33 concerts/acts (some are the same concert technically, but are big name opening acts or co-headliners) I still have to do - not including Kiss. lol

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90

LOL Henri - how awesome! When I was getting tickets for Cassie, it was crazy how expensive the front rows were - over $1000 each. We aren't that big of fans, lol, I got us in the 12th row center of the lower level of the arena (not the floor) so we were very close to the secondary stage where Paul Stanley landed to sing a couple songs after he was flown out over the crowd on a cable. We were very happy with our location. We could see very well.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

I have actually been to very few concerts. Mostly when I worked with the radio station in Mobile. And my ex-husband had been a disc jokey forever and we went to a few things through his work. But not a lot of concerts. I don't know why. I always enjoyed them so much.

You really had great KISS seat! WOW! And I had no idea how much the front row seats were worth, they just put the radio station staff and guests in the first row or two.

Tena E.
Angel
Tena E.

Hi everyone, jci quickly. I'm visiting my SIL for a few days and the wifi is very spotty here so haven't been able to check in much, will get back home before the weekend and hopefully have some time to scrap.

See ya later

DYnWV
DYnWV 
Angel
DYnWV
  • DYnWV on 03-05-19 11:12 AM
In response to Tena E.

Oh Lisa, Kiss is great in concert! We saw them, along with Aerosmith, in Cincinnati. We used to go to concerts a lot when we were in KY. The venues were so easy to get to and the opportunities were much better. I think we've been to 3 or possibly 4 since we moved back to WV in 2011.

JCI and giving a to everyone!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to DYnWV

Have fun with your sister-in-law Tena!

Don't laugh, but the last concert I saw was in 2011 and it was Herman's Hermits! It was awesome.

We didn't even know about it, we just kind of ended up there.

We were at Epcot that day - I had our Cokes and BIll was in line to get our hotdogs. I told Bill that Joe and I were going to walk across the sidewalk to the bandshell - plenty of seats in there.

As soon as we sat down someone else came in and then lots more people came in. I asked someone what everyone was coming in for. She said Herman's Hermits would be on stage in 20 minutes!

And we already had good seats and didn't even know it.

After the concert Bill asked me if I wanted to walk over near the dressing room door and wait to get a picture of Peter Noone (Herman) or even one with him. Of course I did so we waited about 30 minutes.

Finally after several people had come out, Bill said, "I don't understand why he didn't come out."

I told him, "He did, - see that man over there with short curly gray hair. Of course Bill did but didn't put 2 and 2 together.

I told him, "Bill the guys on stage had long shaggy blond hair, like in the 60's. Do you think any of them still have long blond floppy hair? They are gray headed men now. And probably none of them have real hair that will flop around anymore.

They were wearing wigs. Look at the man over there and notice the eyes. That is Peter Noon.

Bill said, "Let go get a picture." I told him, "No, not since he was with a very pretty woman and a little girl." I told Bill that he was probably with his wife and daughter and I wasn't going to intrude on that. If we had caught him alone, that would have been nice. But not while he was with family or somebody else close to him.

We spotted them several more times at the park but nobody at all showed any signs of recognizing them and I know that is how they wanted it so I respected it.

nvmagpie
Governor
nvmagpie

LOL Henri - you have great eyes! I have never been to a KISS concert though I went to several other concerts when I was younger. Saw the Rolling Stones, Sonny and Cher, the Turtles and some others when I was a teen. Then went to a Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young one when I was in my 20s.

Of course we went to several when we were in Branson summer of 2017 - which I haven't gotten to scrapping yet.

Got some LOs done yesterday. Had some chores to do today so haven't done any scrapping. In fact I just got on the computer.

Edited by nvmagpie on 03-05-19 02:09 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to nvmagpie

Bill and I went to a Donovan concert when we were teenagers. Sunshine Superman and Mellow Yellow... Wander what it all meant.

Bill did security work so I went to a few concerts where he was working - saw Johnny cash that way.

My first husband was a disc jockey when I met him for a big country station in Miami - he was afternoon drive. He had to work at a Grand Ole' Opry that was brought to Miami. I spent about 2 hours backstage with Dolly Parton. Most of the Grand Ole Opry people were on stage so Dolly only sang 3 or 4 songs. The rest of the time, she and I were backstage going over wedding and bridal magazines while she gave me input on gowns and other wedding things. We really got along great.

Porter Wagner was getting quite irritated with her and kept going back stage and telling her, "Get out there, you up in a few minutes." Then she would come back and we'd look at more magazines that I had in my purse.

There were 2 places in Miami that we used to hang out and they always brought in new bands. One place was called the World, and the other was called the Place. One time the band brought it was Steppenwolf.

julie101
Diva
julie101

Just one to share for me

Hello Holiday By Julie101

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to julie101

Henri - you always have such great stories. Hanging out with Dolly - nothing cooler than that!

I saw Aerosmith in 2001. Back then, before smart phones, you couldn't bring in cameras. I wish I had pictures of that concert. Of course now, they've given up because there's no way to keep people from using their phones. I wish that about all those concerts from back then, I saw U2 for the 2nd time, Prince, and *NSYNC in 2001 also. Anything pre-2005, I have no photos. For some I did find some things on the internet from reviews and stuff, but none of my own pictures. Although, for some reason, I do have photos from some concerts at the Star Theater in Merrillville from the 80's and 90's: John Waite, Corey Hart, James Brown, Randy Travis, etc. They aren't good of course, but at least I have some.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

116 - Tahiti By Henri Jean

117 - Tahiti By Henri Jean

117 (both sdies) Tahiti By Henri Jean

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Lisa - you may know this story and if so, scroll on past it. If you don't, its kind of funny.

In 1967 in Miami, we had a huge concert with one celebrity after another - Jefferson Airplane, Linda Rondstadt - just one big name after another.

It was held at the big race track and you could sit on the bleachers all around which held thousands, or the green area inside the racetrack, you could take blanks and sit on them there. Or on the racetrack itself, and when it got really crowded, that is what people started doing.

Anyway, I got there early with one of my sorority sisters and we got a great seat right in front of the stage, close enough to almost touch it but just a bit back where we didn't have to break our necks looking up. Best seats in the house.

When the concert started it was a madhouse but Judy and I sat there on our blanket burning incense. The place smelled like an incense factory with so many burning incense, and this was the 60's I'm sure others were burning more than incense!

Anyway, this man came and just sat down on our blanket with us, helped himself to our incense and made him self at home. I told him, "Look, we aren't here to pick up guys. We are here to enjoy the concert and you have to leave. We didn't invite you to sit on our blanket. He just laughed a bit and asked us if we knew who he was.

I told him I had no idea, and didn't care, he would have to leave. He continued to sit there asking us if we really didn't know who he was. Then he said, "I'm Jimi Hendrix".

We told him that was nice, but he still needed to leave.

FInally whatever group was on finished playing and they announced, "Jimi Hendrix wherever you are - you're up next.

He got up from our blanket and walked up on the stage. He was Jimi Hendrix. I wonder how many people have kicked Jimi Hendrix off there blanket? He was obnoxious. I would do it again.

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90

Just WOW! Incredible!

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90

I got another monthly page done:
April 2011 By Dancinirish90

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Lisa - you asked where the ship was when we were in Tahiti for 28 days.

The ship had a weird itinerary. It went from Ft. Lauderdale to Tahiti, stopping at a lot of French Polynesian islands, the last one being Tahiti.

Then for some reason, it made a 2 week look around the same Polynesians islands again. Almost everyone on the ship spent some time in Tahiti or else went flew home from Tahiti. Out of about 1,200 passengers, only about 200 stayed on to do the same islands again. However, the ship was full - so many locals from Tahiti went on that 2 week loop. They took advantage of the opportunity to do a 2 week cruise around the islands.

Then when the ship came back, almost everyone got off, and it ran the same look one more time. The 200 or so that we got on with in Ft. Lauderdale stayed on again, but everyone else got off, but a lot more Tahiti locals got on and took the 2 week island cruise.

Then when came back again, some of us who were in Tahiti during the 2 small 2-week loops around the islands got back on. There were probably 10 or 15 of us who stayed in Tahiti and got back on the same ship (different cabin).

It was good to see our 200 shipmates who had stayed on for the 28 days we were in Tahiti!

We went from there to New Zealand where we disembarked, stayed a few days, and then flew home.

Our friends who stayed in Tahiti for 2 months, after the 2 months were up, they flew to New Zealand and spent about 2 months, then travelled around other places and when the Maasdam goes back to New Zealand in a couple weeks, they will get on and take it to Canada where they live.

They got on the Maasdam when we did on the 10th of September. They sold their house and car - he designs internet software for a French version of Words With Friends. In fact he owns the company so he is able to do his programming from anywhere. So they sold everything but personal stuff, and they took off on vacation for about 10 months to a year - some by air or land and some by cruise.

When they get home this summer they will buy new cars and a new house.

Your other question - did we get off in Tahiti with no where to stay? Yes, we did. We do it all the time.

The strangest was when we got off a cruise ship in Istanbul a few years ago. We then gathered up our luggage after being gone about 2 months by then, and sat on the bus bench outside the terminal to decide what to do next. We were open to anything.

There was a train station across the street and Bill left me on the bus bench while he checked it out. He came back and told me the old Orient Express rails were still operative, but it wasn't the luxury Orient Express train, we could still take it across Europe so he bought tickets and we jumped on a train across Europe. We bought the tickets which allowed us to get off where we wanted.

A young couple on the train was getting off in Brasov (Romania) and going to Dracula's castle so we hopped off there and stayed a few days and roamed around Dracula's castle, which inspired the story by Bram Stoker of Dracula. In fact, the person believe Dracula was modeled after actually stayed there a bit.

We got back on and stopped in Budapest and spent 4 days roaming around. Then we got back on, with no plans at all where we would end up, and went through to Venice.

We had been to Venice twice already the same year and had been before to Venice so we weren't that interested in Venice sightseeing again so we chilled on the air force base for 4 days, then took a military hop home.

We travel by the seat of our pants. He's 70 and I'm almost there. We have no pets, no commitments and when we travel we don't make plans, we just kind of float with the wind in whatever direction we want to at the moment. So many military retirees do the same things.

Sometimes when we want to go somewhere and don't know where, we go to the terminal on base and see where the planes are going overseas, and just get on one.

We went to the base in Tampa once to get a flight to England, was not able to get on it, so drove to Jacksonville and got on one to Rota, Spain the next morning.

We are really flexible when we travel and rarely do we have plans from one place to the next. Occasionally we do, but that is rare.

Most people would go crazy travelling like this, but for us, its the way we travel. And for so many military retirees, they do the same thing. Just go to the base and see where the planes are going.

It is the best perk ever for military retirees - to be able to use the military hops to get all over the world. Usually its free, but if they go into a civilian airport or lease the plane, then they charge. It was $42 each for us to go to Spain.

nvmagpie
Governor
nvmagpie

DOO

Waiting on the Porch By Nvmagpie

nvmagpie
Governor
nvmagpie
In response to nvmagpie

Dropping off a 2 pager - still have some scrapping to finish for the Aviation Museum.

Cubi Bar Cafe By Nvmagpie

Tena E.
Angel
Tena E.
In response to nvmagpie

Happy Friday everyone I see I have lots to catch up on. I got home yesterday afternoon and actually got some scrapping done last night, just need to add some journaling and get them scanned and posted. Hoping for a great scrappy weekend since we are in for lots of rain again.

Off to get ACU!

nvmagpie
Governor
nvmagpie
In response to Tena E.

acu

Tena E.
Angel
Tena E.
In response to nvmagpie

Here's a few from me.

Football Love By Tena E.

Fun documented By Tena E.

Sweet Music By Tena E.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to Tena E.

I posted these 2 layouts a few days ago in my gallery but forgot to post it here. Those of you who know Bill, no teasing him about the hat. He's already told me, "I really wish you wouldn't scrap a picture of me in the hat." I didn't - I scraped 4 or 5 of them.

118 - Tahiti By Henri Jean

119 Tahiti By Henri Jean

119 (both sides) Tahiti By Henri Jean

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90

Thanks for explaining that Henri. I wondered how you ended up on the same ship!

I finished one on Friday:
Relax... By Dancinirish90

Tena E.
Angel
Tena E.

Lisa, I love your "Relax" page, purple is my favorite color.

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to Tena E.

Thanks Tena, mine too! My bathroom is lavender, my bedroom is a dusty heather color, and my sitting room is DARK purple - all off the same paint chip strip. LOL Most people would freak at my sitting room, but it is my happy place!

This is the sitting room off my bedroom:
Purple! By Dancinirish90
Purple! By Dancinirish90
My bedroom:
Purple! By Dancinirish90
Purple! By Dancinirish90
My bathroom:
Purple! By Dancinirish90

Purple everywhere! LOL I was lucky too - my high school colors were purple and white.

nvmagpie
Governor
nvmagpie

Hi everyone! Just dropping by. Hope to get more scrapping done today. I did some over the weekend but it has been so cloudy that I am waiting to take pictures.

I am working on a pocket page (both sides) for the Naval Aviation museum. I have already done 4 (2 back to back) with pictures and lots of journaling, I think that I will actually do one or maybe two more LOs for the upstairs exhibits.

We also have to work on our itinerary for the summer months. We leave here on Apr 1 and go to Fredericksburg for a month and then Abilene for a month. After that is up in the air. We want to visit Roswell and then head north. We had hoped to get to Colorado Springs but places are already booked. We are now thinking about further west and going to Mesa Verde NP and maybe Arches. Have to do some Internet research and make decisions and call places.

Lisa I love your room colors! I like purple but blue is my favorite. I had painted my bedroom and bath a sky blue - loved it! DH likes greens.

Tena E.
Angel
Tena E.
In response to nvmagpie

Hi everyone, it's a rainy Monday here in GA. I was hoping to get out in my yard today since it was suppose to rain yesterday and never did but today was a complete wash out.

Lisa, thanks so much for sharing your bedroom photos, I love your space...the colors of course but also love the bookshelves and books. I wish I had a house big enough for my very own library with books filled to the ceiling lol. When I read, I wish I was scrapbooking and when I scrapbook I wish I was reading. I think I need a clone and a bigger house

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to Tena E.

Thanks Tena. I do love those bookshelves, but I still don't have enough room for books! They are all over my house. What you couldn't see in the photo of the sitting room is a floating shelf over the entryway that is full of books. My office has built ins that are full - some shelves in there have photo albums or scrap supplies, but the rest are full of books. I keep books on my mantle, my tv console, and both end tables in my family room. There are some on a table in my living room, and there's a console table in my front hall that is full of coffee table books. And I still have stacks of them around, and boxes in the basement! Cassie's room is overflowing with books too. We rarely get rid of any. LOL We are big re-readers.

nvmagpie
Governor
nvmagpie

acu

I had hundreds of books when we lived in Sparks. Bookshelves to the ceiling in my craft room, bookcases throughout the house, books stacked on tables...it was overwhelming! When we moved I sold some at a garage sale but most I donated. Now I use a Kindle - I have no room in the RV to store books!

Tena E.
Angel
Tena E.
In response to nvmagpie

Lisa, that sounds more like my house, I have books all over too. I did buy two of the Ikea Billy Bookshelves for my guest room last summer and a white one for my scraproom, the two in the guest room are already full. I'm not a big re-reader (Anitra is) but I just don't like getting rid of my books. I have tons in my storage shed in plastic containers. And I still have all Anitra's books from growning up even her baby books with teeth marks in them (you know the thick page books with pictures LOL). I'm hanging on to those for her children, maybe that will come sooner rather than later now.

Susan, I completely understand why you have a Kindle now. I know I will have to give up on keeping so many of mine at some point so I probably will donate them too.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to Tena E.

Many years ago when I was struggling with allergies, I noticed that every time I read an old book, even just 10 or 15 years old, I can't quit sneezing and then my allergies kicked in.

Turns out, pages of books deteriorate and turn to dust. So ready old books was literally making me sick.

Now there are 2 or 3 series or authors I buy in book form and read the book and then put it on the bookshelf. I don't re-read ever. 90% of my books are on my Kindle because I just can't handle the dust in real books.

Also, most of the time I read I'm on cruise ships or on vacation and I can't afford to pack and fly with books - they have to be on my Kindle.

I used to buy them hardback and leave them for the library, but the library is scaling back on the ships and they don't want them either. They generally put them on a table labelled "Free".

I don't know what they do with the once that nobody wants.

godschild94
Governor
godschild94

I am a book addict. Mostly children's books for my classroom....our bookfair gets me every year. Ours is this week and I've already shopped there twice. LOL!

Dropping off a few layouts. I have more in my gallery from a crop I went to this weekend but I didn't want to bomb you all. I will add more tomorrow and Friday.

Ready, Set, Camp! By Godschild94

Under the Sea By Godschild94

Little Cutie By Godschild94

Canoe Time By Godschild94

A magical Moment By Godschild94

Tomorrow I need to catch up on love...so many great layouts!

DYnWV
DYnWV 
Angel
DYnWV
  • DYnWV on 03-15-19 08:23 AM
In response to godschild94

Hi y'all! Been busy over here with a few things and worse, been fighting a cold or the flu, I haven't been able to determine which it is! One of the meds I'm taking is working and I'm afraid to stop either one, so until I feel 100% better, I'll down them both!

I forced myself to work on the March's birthday cards for the church peeps.

Dropping off what I could manage.

Happy Birthday By DYnWV

Made 2 of the light base (for teen boys) and 3 of the dark base (for men) of these.
Happy Birthday By DYnWV

Made of of these
Flower Embossed Birthday By DYnWV Flower Embossed Birthday (interior sentiment) By DYnWV

I'll BBL to try and get ACU, hope everyone is well!

nvmagpie
Governor
nvmagpie
In response to DYnWV

Have to catch up on love later. Denise - I have to sit down and get myself motivated to get some cards done soon.

Dropping off a few

House Tour By Nvmagpie
House Tour By Nvmagpie

House Tour By Nvmagpie

Parlors By Nvmagpie

Bedrooms By Nvmagpie

Tena E.
Angel
Tena E.
In response to nvmagpie

Hi everyone, hope you're enjoying your weekend. Haven't gotten much scrapping done but did start on a page yesterday, hope to get it finish tonight

ACU, I think.

nvmagpie
Governor
nvmagpie
In response to Tena E.

ACU

Finished up a 2 pager yesterday. Mainly we got our trips plotted and reserved. We will spend a month in SW Colorado. Going to visit Mesa Verde NP and some other places near there. On our way there we are stopping for a week in Roswell, NM.

April 1 we pull up stakes here and head to Fredericksburg for the month. We plan on being back here in November again.

nvmagpie
Governor
nvmagpie
In response to nvmagpie

There are some from the weekend

Confederate Cemetery By Nvmagpie

House Wings By Nvmagpie

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

Hi all, Just got home. Now going to bed for a few hours.

Will start catching up tonight!

Tena E.
Angel
Tena E.

Welcome back Bev, hope you had a fabulous time on your cruise. Can't wait to see some photos and pages

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to Tena E.

Welcome home Bev! Seems you and I take turns going!

We are leaving mid-April on a cruise - just booked it yesterday but we use Friends and Family and won't know until tomorrow if it is approved. Should be a problem, they have never not approved one so I'm sure they will approve this one too.

Starts in Tampa - goes to Bermuda, to Ponta Delgado in the Azores, to Brest, France to Cherbourg, France to Zeebruge, Belgium to Rotterdam, Holland which is the end of the line on the ship.

We will rent a car and spend a day or two in Rotterdam and work our way up to the tulip festival. This is going to be timed perfectly in April! Then we will drive to Antwerp, Belgium and look at diamonds (maybe bring home a new treasure) and we will also go to Paris for a few days and Normandy a few days. Not sure what else. We expect to be home mid-May when we will get a flight (or try to get a military hop) to California to see BIll's daughter and the 2 grands in San Diego. Maybe Hawaii after that - not sure. That depends on if there are license plates for Bill.

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

Wondering when you'd take your next trip, Henri! Sounds like a great one!

Now off to look at lo's.

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

Henri, we will be in Bermuda April 23, 24 and in Ponta Delgada April 30. You're probably ahead of us though.

And, I think, I am acu.

Henri's long cruises, and Susan's living in an RV. You all get so many things in. We love to travel, but I love being home too. It was hard to come home to 30 degree weather though!

Hope everyone is feeling better.

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

Oh, just reread about all the books. We also have books everywhere. BUT, with our retirement we have given away, sold, donated, even thrown away (yes, my college and graduate work textbooks didn't make the purge). So not nearly as many as before. My favorites are on a shelf in the entryway. Wayne still has a bookcase in his office. And we have two bookcases in the downstairs family room

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

We will be on the Holland America Rotterdam - which ship will you be on Bev?

We leave April 14 and Bermuda is the first port, then Ponta Delgada. We are right behind you.

Don't know what we will do in either of those places. Been to Ponta Delgada 3 or 4 times. Bill has a license plate collector friend so we will probably see him if he can get off work again.

Last time he gave Bill hundreds of plates to deliver in Europe for him to another collector.

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

We're on the Azamara Journey--found an unbelievable deal.

Are in Bermuda overnight, plan on just enjoying, riding bikes (supplied by ship we think), etc., But never been to Ponta Delgada. We signed up for a tour to Sete Cidades, trying to use our onboard credit. Then end up in Lisbon, where we've never been. Staying there one night with the ship and one night after the cruise.

Edited by scrapperbee on 03-20-19 05:47 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

You will love Bermuda! Nelson Dockyards is a wonderful place to roam around - really nice! And there are some wonderful caves to explore. We love that! There was a free tourist train that ran from the cruise port into a neat little area that was free. Here's my book with the link to Bermuda for some ideas:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/5j9xgqJtt2uJefTu8

A tour in Ponta Delgado is probably best. We took one the first time and now we just hang out with Bill's license plate collecting friend. Ponta Delgado also has horse and carriage rides which are nice. Bill paid the guy a few extra dollars and he took us right to the terminal - only a few extra blocks off their route. Really confused the horses but they were fine.

Lisbon! One of my favorite cities in the world. They have the big Tuk Tuks for 4 people which is what we took. It will show you all of the best of Lisbon (prepared for bumpy cobblestone streets), but most important - take the longer tour to Belem! That is the absolute best part!

The Jeroime monestary is where Vasca de Gama's tomb is. It is magnificent - please take my word on that. Also, there is a bakery I really hope you will go to. It is Pastilles de Belem. It is one of the most famous bakeries in the world - since 1837, known for their little pastille pastries. Bakeries all over Lisbon make these, but the rest are copies, these are the people who got the real recipe from the monestary and it is the best.

Lines can be hours long, but our Tuk Tuk drive was in and out in 5 minutes with our pastries.

Here is the book with Lisbon and the monestary: and it explains the history of the bakery and the pastries.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/KKZqyvdyd5P4h9Bc9

Last time we went to Lisbon be went to some little outlying towns but I would recommend Lisbon and Belem on the first trip! Those are the best.

If you do see the twin lakes, they are gorgeous Got fingers and toes crossed, and even my eyes for a nice clear day, because it is so pretty but you need bright blue skies. Overcast skies and you don't see the color difference. Here's to blue skies for you that day!

nvmagpie
Governor
nvmagpie

Welcome home Bev!

Henri - your trip sounds wonderful! Looking forward to seeing your pages for it. I visited Bermuda in my early 20s - was a great trip even though my girlfriend broke her foot and we had to take taxis after that. Belgium and diamonds - how can you resist! And I would love to visit Normandy!

Did some pages the past couple of days - need to upload.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to nvmagpie

I told BIll, "Gee, too bad we will be in Belgium on a Sunday." He said, "The diamonds are in Antwerp and I'm already making plans to go there for a couple days to shop for you. It was supposed to be a surprise" so maybe I will come home with something shiny!

Tena E.
Angel
Tena E.

Hi ladies, getting caught up on all the cruise chatter.

Bev & Henri, sounds like some exciting cruise plans ahead. We had this one booked for Aug: a 7-night Cruise on Royal Caribbean’s Oasis of the Seas. We’ll leave from Rome, Italy. From there we’ll head to…
•Naples, Italy
•Day at Sea
•Barcelona, Spain
•Palma de Mallorca, Spain
•Provence, France
•Florence, Italy
•and then we’ll return to Rome, Italy.

But Anitra's Wedding plans came up :} and then we found out Matt has to have surgery on his knee (again) so we canceled. He will have his surgery after her wedding in July since he has to walk her down the isle. So not sure when we'll be able to cruise again but not this year. We already have our anniversary trip to Antigua booked (not a cruise) for next April, by then Matt's knee will be healed and he can enjoy getting around and snorkeling without pain.

I'll just have to enjoy your cruises through your pictures and pages. Hoping to work on a couple pages today...see ya later

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to Tena E.

Oh Tena - I'm sorry you have to cancel your cruise but you have something more exciting going on with the wedding!

I'm sure you can find that itinerary again, or one very close to it because it is a fabulous itinerary. But, the ships always come and go. Weddings don't.

Plus, will be very nice to have the surgery out of the way!

Tena E.
Angel
Tena E.

Herni, it's okay that we had to cancel, even though Spain has always been on my bucket list. Royal Caribbean has this cruise offered al lot, either leaving from Spain (Barcelona) or Italy. And Spain will still be there when we are ready to visit again.

My nephew (my sister's son) is also getting married this year. In fact next weekend. I'm working on a page now of their engagement photos for my sister. Between his photos and Anitra's, I have tons of pictures to scrap and haven't even gotten to the weddings yet. I'm looking forward to being in Virginia next weekend for the wedding. I think Anitra and I will stay an extra day to take in some of the museums.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to Tena E.

I love weddings! Glad you and Anitra are staying an extra day! So much to see!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

120 Tahiti - Room With a View By Henri Jean

121 - Tahiti (Venus Point) By Henri Jean

Tena E.
Angel
Tena E.

Henri I know, I wish we had a couple of extra days to enjoy but she has to get back to work. I haven't been to Virginia in years, last time Matt was still in the Army and had training/school at Fort Lee after we left Germany.

nvmagpie
Governor
nvmagpie

Tena - too bad ypu have to cancel your cruise but a wedding is a great reason!

DOO - I have a few more but have to get them uploaded. I also made 8 cards today and have to take pictures.

1000 Trap Club By Nvmagpie

YourScrapAttack
Diva
YourScrapAttack
In response to nvmagpie

i just finished this mini pocket letter.

front mini pocket letter By YourScrapAttack

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to YourScrapAttack

Rhonda, so glad to see you back!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

122 - Tahiti (Venus Point) Lightouse By Henri Jean

123 - Tahiti - (Venus Point) Bounty Monument By Henri Jean

123 (both sides) - Tahiti (Venus Point) By Henri Jean

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90

Hello! I'm a few pages behind, but just wanted to pop in. Cassie was home last week for spring break, so I didn't get anything done. And then she left me with a terrible cold, so this week has been a bust so far too. Sleeping a lot. I need to print pictures again before I can scrap, so I'm hoping to at least get something edited and ready so I can scrap next week.

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

Lisa, glad you had some good time with Cassie, but so sorry about the cold--hope to see some lo's soon

DYnWV
DYnWV 
Angel
DYnWV
  • DYnWV on 03-21-19 10:32 AM

Hello everyone! I am behind on chatter and comments! It's been a tiresome month, but I believe we are all healed up from all the crud that was floating around our house all month! PTL!!

I managed to get a page done...
Deadpool By DYnWV

I'll BBL to try and get as CU as possible!

nvmagpie
Governor
nvmagpie
In response to DYnWV

Dropping off a couple of more. Now finished with Naval Aviation Museum and Beauvoir. Been working on cards.

Funeral Carriage By Nvmagpie

USS Enterprise By Nvmagpie

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to nvmagpie

Got my snapfish order finished today--so can start scrapping this last cruise soon. Of course, I haven't finished last summer or the November cruise--so I have plenty to do while I'm waiting--if I get motivated.

Tena E.
Angel
Tena E.

Sharing a few pages

Marry Me By Tena E.

Happy together By Tena E.

Choose Happiness By Tena E.

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to Tena E.

Made up 23 card kits for next Wednesday when I go to my old school to lead a cardmaking DIY workshop.

So, now making a few cards for myself with the scraps.

Both are more takes on the sketch by Bev Code:

Best Wishes By Scrapperbee

Congratulations By Scrapperbee

nvmagpie
Governor
nvmagpie

Still catching up on love. Here are some of the cards I have gotten done.I lifted Denise's idea of stenciling the backgrounds.

2019 Birthday set of cards #1 By Nvmagpie

2019 Birthda card set #2 By Nvmagpie

2019 Easter Card 2 By Nvmagpie

2019 Easter card 2 By Nvmagpie

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to nvmagpie

Good morning!

Going to be a good week!

BBL with a card I made Friday and need to get it uploaded.

nvmagpie
Governor
nvmagpie

Dropping off a few cards

2019 Hello Card 2 By Nvmagpie

2019 Birthday card 2 By Nvmagpie

2019 Easter card 3 By Nvmagpie

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee