Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: March Photo Fun '19        (Topic#1675611)
desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

WELCOME TO March 2019 PHOTO FUN

Through this group I've made some wonderful friends and enjoy meeting new friends in our group each and every month. If you are joining for the first time this month, you're in for a treat - what a FABULOUS group of caring/sharing women. Welcome everyone!

Lots of us have cameras we use now and again for a snapshot or two. Some of us have new cameras itching to be put to use and get more familiar with. Sound like FUN?! It IS!!!! Get your camera out and USE it. Just take pictures, share pictures, and stretch your camera use beyond where it is today. We all love photos -and photos are the heart and soul of our scrapbooks. Let's take GREAT photos - Experiment. Try different lighting, try "on location" shoots -even if that means taking an orange outside and taking it's photo on the lawn.

RULES:

1- Take 10 photo's throughout the month. These can be of what ever you choose. You may post them at any time (just try not to post all at once). Please link them to your gallery for easy access for comments.

2 - NO STRESS - if you aren't having fun it's not worth doing

3 - Comments - We all LOVE comments on our photos so please make an effort to visit/comment as possible, but ---
SEE RULE 2 - NO STRESS. If you don't have time to comment on photos (or can only comment on some) that's FINE!

4 - MISSING PHOTOS - SO WHAT? See rule 1 - NO STRESS. Life gets in the way - it happens to all of us. Post your photos when you can - See RULE 1 - NO STRESS

Just join in and SHARE!!!

How to upload a photo
1.Go to your gallery. Top right you will see Add Projects.
2. Choose File and Upload. If you upload more than 1 file you can categorize them in "Same" or "Seperate" Projects.
3. Select Image Type.
4. Add Title and Description to your photo. You have the option to categorize also. If you keep your photos somewhere specific be sure to add them to the appropriate album. Make sure to "SAVE" your changes if you add them to an album. The SAVE button is at the bottom of the pop up box, you'll probably have to scroll down to see it.
5. If you choose to submit an image for our end of month contest, please be sure to mark the "ALLOW EMBEDDING"
6. Click Submit. Your photo will now be in your gallery.

How to add a clickable image to your post.
1. Pull up the image you wish to share in your gallery.
2. To the right of your photo you will see LINK (there will be a Facebook & Pinterest button next to it). Click the link.
3. When the box comes up mark the IMG Code. Here you can also choose the size of the image you want to add to the thread. Click on the code box..it will turn purple. Right click on it to copy.
4. Next, go to the thread where you want to post your image. Click in the text space and paste your code with a right click of your mouse.
5. TaDa!!! You did it!

End Of Month Photo Contest **NOTICE THERE IS NO END OF MONTH POLL FOR THIS MONTH

We will be having an end of month photo contest each month. You may submit 1 photo YOU have personally taken. PM me with it by the date requested to be entered in our POLL. Oh, make sure you have the "Allow Public Embedding" checked so I may post it in the poll. We will have one winner per month unless there is a tie. If you are the monthly winner PM me your address. I will be looting my personal scrapbook stash to share with you to help keep my cost down. You might find an extra surprise in there too! Just so it's fair to all our players...please make sure if you submit a photo for the contest you have completed all 10 photo's for the month and YOU have personally taken them during the current month. The mini challenge photo's are not required, simply for fun. You can however, submit one of your challenge photo's (mini's) to the contest.

**End of Month photo contest entry deadline: March ____ by ____ EST (I will post poll by evening of the _____)

March Minis:

1. Floral
2. Miniature
3. Colorful
4. Liquid
5. Square
6. Gold
7. Pattern
8. Street Art
9. Green
10. Bizarre

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to desilu3131

Good morning!

I'm gonna play again! My goal is get more than one photo!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Anna C

Morning!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Hello

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to rockmom

JCI

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Anna...U went to practice tonight. He didn't dress fully, just skated around I suspect with minimal gear. Tomorrow night is an important game...we are heading into the end of season and the start of the Championship games. I doubt he will be up to his full potential but hope he at least makes for a good extra body! He was tired when we got home. He has all day Friday to rest so we will hope for the best! I think I'll run to the store in the morning and pick up some Pedialite to cram down him all day! I think it might be better than Gatorade.

Not only has the flu been nasty here, but the stomach virus has been also. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for me!!!

Night!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Morning

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Hope you are haven't caught any "bugs" yet Lori!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Anna C

So far so good!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Yes, stay away from the "sick buggies" as Emmett says.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to rockmom

Headed to the rink. Tonight starts the Championship games. I sure hope U is up to play, they will need him! Late game....BBL!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Hope Mr. U felt well enough to play. How did the team do?

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Anna C

Morning!

We won 4-2. Uriah scored 1. He played OK for how he felt...certainly wasn't up to his potential. We play again today at 1. Not sure how this one will go. Even if we lose we have another game as it's double elimination.

BBL this afternoon.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Good luck U!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to rockmom

JCI

Lost our game today so we play again tonight at 8:30. We play the same team we beat last night. Not sure that's going to be a good thing...we will see. U went to eat with a teammate and they will take him back to the rink. I guess this could be his last game of the season if they lose. Sad.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Welp get them U

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to rockmom

Well, season is over. We do have more practices though which makes no sense. Tonights game was terrible, a S*&! show if you will. We have 3 kids on our team that think they are the stars and 1 man shows. It's unfortunate and has been that way the entire season....U's biggest gripe. I saw him having conversations with one of the kids on the other team he was matched up with. When he got In the car he said the kid was asking him what he was doing playing on this team, lol! A few of our boys did not play nice tonight and had so many stupid penalties. Some were downright dirty. At the end of the game after the buzzer, one of our kids blatantly crosschecked a kid from the other team in the ribs...their coach went nuts! Made his team get off the ice without the handshake process.....I don't blame him. Parents were cussing, security was called, crowds were gathering...DH and I exited right out the door to the car. So unsportsmanlike and downright embarrassing. Uriah is glad to be done.....this has not been the year promised to him for signing up. Now is almost the time for me to try to figure out what normal people do with all their evening time. 12 years and 3-4 nights at least a week of spending time at the rink....any ideas what I might do with myself? Maybe I should get a job at a rink so I don't have withdrawals.....sniff, sniff! I guess I still have a few more weeks before I really have to contemplate that.

We were supposed to get some snow tomorrow....news has been hyping it up all week. Now we might see a lousy 1-2"....another disappointment in my book, lol!

SusanneG
Idol
SusanneG

I was not here very much in February, but I would love to come back for this month. Health problems are not over, but I hope it will be much better this month.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to SusanneG

Hi Susi!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Welcome back Susi.

Sorry about the loss. That is tough. Yeah, big heads are everywhere. Let the numbers speak not the ego. Happened to my son in baseball after we moved to this area. All the kids already had a pecking order and no newcomer was going to get a chance. That is until a new coach started keeping stats. Wow, look at that, the new kid led the team in doubles, led the team in RBIs, led the team in on base hits, led the team in fielding. What's a coach to do? - take some of those so called superstars off the field and let the proven performer players have a chance. That team was a winning team.

I understand your withdrawal. DD did gymnastics for many years. I was at the gym for each practice and every meet. She spent more than 20 hours a week in the gym. So did I. I may have thought she had a good coach but that doesn't mean I know what was in their hearts and trust them 100%. I was there for her protection. None of that Dr. whatchmacallit that molested all those gymnasts was going to happen to my DD. I heard too many stories to trust any of them 100%. so yeh, its tough adjustment but you can do it. A chance to get into those jammies earlier. LOL

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to rockmom

Morning

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Good Mornin'.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to rockmom

Morning. Snow and ice here.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Anna C

Evening all!

More neighborhood action here this evening....it's been a while though since anything major. Dh and I ran out to grab dinner and the end of the street was full of cops. As we were leaving we saw news cars coming in. By the time we go home (about 20 minutes later as we picked up to go food) the street was blocked. Saw the crime van. New said murder/suicide...kids found parents I think. The kids are older...think my middle DD went to school with them. I don't know what drives people to go that route.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Morning

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

That is Awful, Lori.

Its so cold. I'm shivering.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to rockmom

JCI

It's darn cold here too!

I've been moping today. Think the realization of the baby growing up is getting to me. Last night he was laying on the couch and asked me what he was going to do without hockey? I can only hope that he gets his stuff together and is able to find a college where he might be able to make a team. He actually was contacted by Northern Illinois a couple days ago. He responded and is waiting to hear back. I'm not sure he will commit anywhere especially if he's not playing.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

JCI again.

U went to a cookout (as cold as it is hopefully it was a cook-in) at the coach's house before they hit the rink tonight. It's the last night and they will have a scrimmage with the B team. Still sad but I don't want to miss seeing him play even if it's just for fun. I think I need to slap myself back into shape. We have out end of season banquet on Sunday. I'm always sad at the end of the season but this one is different.

Hope everyone is staying warm....my feet have been cold all day!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Night

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Morning!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

JCI

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Lori, it is sad but U Has the rest of his life before him. He might be a little lost right now but he will figure it out and so will you.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to rockmom

I know Denise, it just stinks right now...it'll get better...wish it would hurry up.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Morning

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

JCI

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Right get on getting on, Lori.

Moved some lawn and garden things and some rocks from garage to the new shed yesterday. Now I'm sore. Blah, oh well it will go away soon. I've got more to do today .

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to rockmom

We have snow coming in this evening, could be 4+ if they are correct. I'm not holding my breath. The last few times they have hyped it up and I've been disappointed. Hearing more birds in the morning now and I've noticed this week it's actually light when I take U to school. I can't believe I'm even saying this but kinda looking forward to Spring this year.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Who are you, what have you done with Lori?

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to rockmom

LOL Denise.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Night.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Morning

Woke up to NO SNOW......not even a dusting! My mom's area however, schools are closed (she lives in the boonies).

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Morning

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to rockmom

JCI

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Evening

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Night

SusanneG
Idol
SusanneG

Good morning!
Lori, I can imagine that it is very sad for you that hockey time is over. I hope for your son that he finds a college that gives him a chance to play.

Spring is here already and it is getting pretty warm and sunny, although they said snow for today. I guess that was not right

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to SusanneG

Morning!

Glad to see you pop in Susi!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

JCI

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Hello ladies!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Anna C

Hey Anna!

What a cruddy day....so gloomy and lots of rain!

Waiting on time to take U to spend the night with a hockey buddy. Tomorrow we will meet up with him at our end of season banquet.

I sure am ready to see some sunshine in my life!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Hello Lori, Susi and Anna! Had a busy day today. It was so warm and humid 83 I think was the high. My hair is so frizzy it would fill a ten-gallon hat. LOL Maybe that is where that term came from! hehe Bought some cute Easter décor for the kids and some solar glass flowers for the garden. Need to get on with adding some more soil and amendments and think about what to plant where. Also went to a homeschool fair looking for some ideas for Cooper for next year. I think he might sign up for gymnastics or guitar lessons. He loves music. His T-ball starts at the end of the month for 8 weeks. That will be fun. Hope he likes it. We looked at some private schools wow, kindergarten was $5,000. yikes. what got me upset is that the person couldn't even tell what curriculum they use for K. She was the owner! Nope, not doing that. The cost alone is prohibitive. We found another one that was $155 for 10 months plus a $200 registration fee. Its only one day a week. Nope don't think so. We did find one that is one day a week for $40 for one class. That might work. We will teach him at home but want to get him with other kids for some fun. May just do the guitar or gymnastics and homeschool at home for academics as well as the t-ball in the spring and a co-op for field trips. That is what I did with my kids. We shall see what his parents decide. We will use a published curriculum that has DVD lessons. He would do very well with that.

It just started to rain. It was supposed to all day but didn't.

Edited by rockmom on 03-09-19 06:35 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to rockmom

Evening!

We just had some boomers, now expecting wind overnight. The news just said we had almost 2".

Denise, Have you looked into online schooling? That seems to be popular here for the homeschool kids.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Morning

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Yes, we have. The k-12 online is the same as public and we wanted something different. I think his mom will choose the DVD program we looked at by Bob Jones University Press. I showed him one sample lesson on my phone 2 or 3 weeks ago and he was singing the intro to it yesterday. He loved it.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to rockmom

Denise...my DH went to BJU. His parents went to the Mission Field and dropped him off as a HS Senior. His sister also graduated from there once she came back from Africa. She was the youngest so spent time getting schooled over there first.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Evening!

Home and actually had a decent time at U's End of Season Banquet. It's hard to be proud and sad at the same time.....I think I'm gonna be OK though. I'm certainly not the only one going through a hard time I found out, lol! It's even kinda comforting that U isn't the only one going through a tough time trying to get into college. He is not the only lazy, unmotivated kid in the world...who would have thought? Our old coach's kid who we thought would have a full ride somewhere is exactly like U. If he can't play somewhere he doesn't want to even attend. I've been working on FAFSA stuff and looking at how registration for colleges go. One we were going to apply for here in state the other kid didn't get admitted to and he had a better GPA than Uriah did so he is on a wait list. I think we are going to try the college that both my girls attended and go from there. Otherwise it will be a technical school to earn some credits and try again for the following school year.

Watching my kids grow up (and considering my education).....I can't believe just how dumbed down the educational system has made kids. Not all kids mind you but overall it seems to be a thing. This was one of the factors that made my dad retire as a teacher. His last year of teaching he was told that every kid would pass. He had given a kid a grade he deserved and was called into the office (Private School). He was done.

I saw a little sunshine today...it felt good too!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Night

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Morning

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Evening!

I have literally spent all day looking at this computer! Trying to get the FAFSA stuff done, FSA, and college apps. I was so frazzled by tonight that I had to call the FSA people. Uriah couldn't get his set up, things didn't match up....but, finally done and stuff submitted! As simple as doing it online seemed I cant imagine how my girls did it having to fill out paperwork. Next up tomorrow....searching for more aid/grants...that should be fun!

Hope everyone had a good day!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Morning

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Morning!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

This is the best I can do for florals right now! Made some cards with floral papers.

March Photo Fun Challenge: Theme - Floral By Anna C

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Anna C

JCI

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Lori, I used BJU for my 2 kids from 2nd grade to 12. I agree its dumbed down in public schools and the behavior is worse. I saw today on our neighborhood website that there was an adult Male fondling girls on the bus her make the boys sit in front and the girls behind then single one out . Yikes those poor babies. Makes me more determined than ever to teach Cooper at home. I hope my son's mil teaches Emmett. But I dont think it will happen.

God awful news. A pipe broke in my mom's house. We aren't sure how that happened yeah the furnace set at 50 and we turned off the water pump to the well. But it's going to take a month the tear it up and rebuild it. Subfloor flooring walls cabinets baseboards the whole GetGo. I'm really in shock, how could that much water get in the house from an upstairs bathroom pipe I had no water attached to it because the pump is turned off?

Edited by rockmom on 03-12-19 02:44 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to rockmom

Oh Denise.....that stinks about your Mom's home!

Uriah was telling me he was in the bathroom at school, last week I think. He was alone and a kid came in. By the time he was ready to leave the bathroom it smelled like pot. He has told me several times he can smell it in the halls. Even my girls said it was going on while they were there. Unbelievable the stories I hear, not to mention what I saw when I drove for the township for 10 years. I thought it was bad then....I can only imagine what it's really like now.

U went to the rink tonight.....they had an incoming player skate for next season. Of course, he does not qualify for that anymore but he was determined to go. He even had the (you know what) to ask the coach if he could go to tryouts .....coach politely told him no but he could attend and help. I think we might see about an adult league for him over the summer. The only problem with that is it is adult and lots of times they are beer leagues....because they are adult, lol!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Night

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Morning! Gonna be a beautiful in the neighborhood today! Lots of sunshine and warmer temps. Sounds like the central US is gonna get slammed.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Anna C

Raining here this morning but yesterday was so nice! I just heard the weather man say tomorrow we will see 70mph wind! It does look nasty stuff moving across the states!

Yesterday I shaved Jonesy's neck down. He doesn't look like his hair is very long but it has grown out! I may attempt to work on him at some point today if he'll let me. Sounds fun, right? I'm sure it won't be, lol!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Well the sun came out and the temp is just right!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Raining in Texas.

I wondered about an adult league. Is there a Jr college u could go to and help work his way into the 4 year college?

Moms house is gutted on the main.floor and 80 percent of the basement. So sad. So shocking. The pipe broke in a 6 inch space that had no insulation. It stinks. It appears the well has artesianal pressure forcing water to the house without a pump. Sigh

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to rockmom

Denise...so sorry about your moms house! Sounds awful!!

Uriah does want to play junior hockey. I am not sure if we have a college here that has that available. I do know we had 2 Jr teams but the one down south folded. The other one is up north....may have to look into that. So far the 2 colleges he applied for has club hockey and he would be fine with that.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Night

SusanneG
Idol
SusanneG

Good morning!

Denise, I am sorry about your mom's house.

Weather is beautiful here today, although it is still freezing over night. But now it is sun and blue sky and cold - that's the weather I love.

Time to load my photos on my computer and look if there is one or two for posting. Maybe I come back later

SusanneG
Idol
SusanneG
In response to SusanneG

I found some to show:

Mini #1 - florals By SusanneG

Krapfen By SusanneG

baby By SusanneG

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to SusanneG

Morning!

On Denise, so sorry about your Mom's house. What's next? Can it be saved?

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Anna C

Morning!

Looks like it could be a nasty day here.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Evening

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Edited by Anna C on 03-15-19 02:22 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Anna C

Morning!

Anna....I'm ready for the weekend....starts U's Spring Break too for 2 weeks!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

JCI

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Anna, they have gutted the main floor and part of the basement. A stupid 6 inch space along with so much snow and rain. It's so stressful. Glad mom and I didn't have to go and hubby could deal.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

We were there in February and my brother and a neighbor had been checking it. Hubby heard talk about all the wells going artesian in the area due to so much water.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to rockmom

Today is my middle DD's 26th birthday. U will turn 18 next week....unbelievable!!

mini #3 colorful By Desilu3131

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Morning!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

JCI

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Night

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Morning

Looks like a snow globe outside right now.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Evening

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

mini #7 pattern By Desilu3131

You just looked at the bum of this new project.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Happy birthday to both kiddos. 😀🎂

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to rockmom

Monday Moanday!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Anna C

Hey all!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

JCI.

Worked on my project most of the afternoon. I could finish it tonight but I'm going to wait till tomorrow when I have proper light. I'm excited about it! Haven't made anything like it before and am hoping my DD will love it! Can't wait to make you look at yet another of my yarn projects, lol!

Night all!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Hello and good morning!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Anna C

Morning

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

I'm ready to look.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to rockmom

She's done.

mini #1 floral By Desilu3131

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

JCI...waiting on dinner to get done. Shrimp, fries, & broccoli on the menu tonight.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Night

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Morning

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options