Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: March New Layouts and Cards        (Topic#1675635)
cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Welcome to New Layouts and Cards for the month of March. We would also love to see any other project you'd like to share.

This thread is for sharing love on all new projects shared here. If you don't do a lot of challenges, this is a great thread for getting your wonderful work seen and even if you do a lot of challenges...well one can never have too much love!!

It's a challenge of sorts though.... keeping up on giving love can be a real challenge!! We all JCI (Just Check(ing) In) often and try so hard to be ACU (All Caught Up) and MMS (Mark My Spot)... but let a day go by and you'll be VFB (Very Far Behind). We've also been known to toss about and create some new acronyms!!

The rules for this thread are simple: Post a newly uploaded layout, card or project, get comments and give comments on everyone's pages. No "drop and runs" please. If you get love be kind enough to give love back. There are NO challenges and NO Requirements on the TYPE of comments you leave, just be sincere but if you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all. But I'm sure you can think of something nice to say!

Please also remember several people post here; try not to flood the post with too many layouts at once. Please be considerate and do not post more than 5-7 in any post. No limit per day.

So, think you can do it??? Then come on by and join the fun! This thread has gained a fairly regular following. We enjoy seeing new people come by to share their work and join in the fun! You can join in at any time. Just remember that it is more fun if you give love and get love too!

Here is how to put your layout photo on a thread:
1. Go to layout/picture you want to post on the thread.
2. Scroll down to where it says "Share"
3. Click "Link & Embed Image"
4. Click on "IMG CODE (for forums and bulletin boards)" Make sure the little dot is in front of that phrase now.
5. Select what size you want the picture to be on the thread, most of us select "Larger".
6. Copy and Paste the Embed Code Below:
7. Paste the code to the thread as a new post. When you paste it you will only see the code. The picture will not appear until you post or preview your reply.

While this is a laid back community of artists and crafts people sharing their work and support, it's not a place to just drop off work and not visit the galleries of others in the thread. We encourage you to enjoy all the marvelous talent and leave comments! Should you encounter a problem with another poster in this thread, please PM them directly to ask your question or resolve your issue. The hostesses are not referees and can't step in the middle for you.

Speaking of hostesses..... this is a collaborative effort. We are rotating the job of hosting the thread. Included in the opening post is the schedule of hostesses over the next couple months. If you are interested in hosting.... please PM the current month's hostess to let her know. (BTW - the current month's hostess would be the one who started the thread) Hope everyone has a wonderfully creative month and gains inspiration and encouragement from each other!

Hostesses
February---Cheryl
March---Cathe
April---Terry
May---
June---
July---Anna
August---
September---
October---
November----
December---

***Birthday List***

If you'd like to be included here send a message to the current month's hostess-we'd be happy to add you!

Cheryl January 13
Danielle February 11
Denise February 13
Ashley March 1
Andrea March 8
Cathe March 18
Jeannie April 3
Katy May 1
Kimberly June 8
Terry August 5
Anna December 24

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Thank you Cherry for moving the thread. In all the excitement I forgot.

Anna so so sorry about Your kitty!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to scrappin 2

I’m the first one up. My SIL and niece are sleeping.
Laura is 7 mo pregnant and is so happy feeling good in this second trimester.
The baby showe is Saturday. That’s what got me out here

It is sad without my brother. Mark

I let the dog out to go potty and gave him some lovin’.

I think I hear someone up. Have a nice day

Thanks again Cheryl.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

hello and good morning

well the sun is out but still little cold here. clean the kitchen this morning. took dogs for a walk and not I eat some breakfast here. I can't wait to go to californa to see my nephews and my parents. but I know while I am gone the house is going to be dirty and when I get home I have to do a lot of clean here. tonight is the craft thing at my husband work that I am going to and make a sign. well go to the gym later on.

cathe- have a nice time at the baby shower your going to

hope everyone has a nice Friday.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Edited by Anna C on 03-01-19 09:15 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to Anna C

Hi Ladies-- First of the month and that means grocery trips! Thanks Cheryl for helping out Cathe and hosting the new thread and the last thread!!!
I've watched a few YouTube videos this morning on water coloring stamps. I'm going to give that a try---nothing fancy so we will see.
Have a great time in Portland Cathe!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

Hello, have fun Cathe!

Thanks Cheryl!

Happy birthday Ashley!!!!!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to rockmom

It’s warmer here than at home!
Had a nice day,
Got to see the 3 yr old niece at her ballet class, she was so cute,

Hope you are all well.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Good evening!! Babysitting tonight. Just popping in now that everyone is asleep.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Hi! My computer and I aren't currently agreeing...that's why I haven't been around. Something happened Monday night and it crashed...it took a while to load back up. I thought it was fine but, by Tuesday, it wasn't loading at all. I managed to get it to Windows to restore it...it's a bit better now but sooooooooooo sloooooooow!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to DNA301

Morning and Happy Saturday.

The cold is moving back in and snow is on the way so they say. BOOOOOOOOOOOOO.........

Cathe, hope you are having a great trip.

Cheryl, thanks for getting us into March. Are you adjusted to being back on day shift now?

Terry, have fun with water coloring.

Hello to all and have a great weekend!

Edited by Anna C on 03-02-19 04:20 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Anna C

hello and good morning

well had a nice time at the craft thing at my husband work. my husband went with me. I made a cute sign one side is st Patrick's day and the other side is Easter. I take a pic of it later one. well the sun is out but still cold.. need to go to grocery store today.

hope everyone has a nice Saturday

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to southern lady

Hi! Anyone have any plans? I might just go and watch Steve & Danny (DS#2) shoot their guns at a firing range. I need to clean all Cricket's paper shredding messes too! Her teeth are starting to grow and she wants to bite and shred everything!!

Had a beautiful day yesterday so Cathe, you picked a great time to visit here!

Take care....

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Abby0317

Happy Saturday!

No one is awake but me.

Ashley well darn on the computer problem!

Anna -sounds like you’re in for bad weather,!

The sun is shining here in Portland. Yay

The baby shower is today at 2:00.

It was about 47 degrees here yesterday. People don’t wear coats!!! Andie said if it’s a clear day they don’t- she did thought
The cat and dog are now up, kitty keeps meowing. I think she wants food but I don’t know where it is. Lol

Have a nice day

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Afternoon. Its grey and depressing out. Not too cold just grey...

I hope to hire a high school band kid to weed my garden this afternoon. He is needing money for a band trip to Disney. I am suffering with allergies or a cold or both and don't want to aggravate them. Weed pulling does that so either they stay or the kid gets them pulled. Its not hard just too much pollen and crud in the air for me to breathe. Once I get over this I need to amend the soil so I can plant in a few weeks. We do have a cold snap coming in so many people didn't wait and its going to kill their plants unless they can somehow keep them warm enough.

Emmett is also dealing with a cold or allergies, he developed a bad cough last night, his dr. said it was croup and prescribed a steroid. I hate giving littles steroids. Sadie is fighting a cold too. DD is suffering with her injured kidney. I am afraid she will suffer the rest of her life off and on. I really hate that thought.

Okay, enough of that, hope you are all well and not fighting any illnesses. Cheryl how is your DH doing?

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Hello!!

Denise - DH is doing ok.

Ashley - Sorry about the computer problems

Cathe - Enjoy the shower and weather

Anna - Supposedly we have snow coming too. Ughh

A friend and I went to the movies this afternoon to see the new Madea movie. We laughed and laughed. I am working on an Afghan and a wreath for my office door.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Are you going to share your projects Danielle and Cheryl?

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to rockmom

hello good morning

Sign By Southern Lady

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Very cute Danielle. I like the big green shamrocks.

Speaking of Shamrocks, I will share one of my Texas stories with you. In the Panhandle there is a town names Shamrock. It was named for an Irishman that had a dugout near the budding town. The town has played upon its name ever since. They paint the name on the water tower in green, they host a St. Patrick's Day celebration each year. Shamrocks are flown in from Ireland, all sorts of food, activities, sporting events, and hold a St. Patrick's Day Rodeo - how is that Irish? I guess they are playing on the Texas/Ireland connection. The town acquired a piece of the Blarney Castle from County Cork, Ireland in the 1950s. The St. Patrick's Square has numerous historical signs and markers detailing all these St. Patrick's Day events and one that gives the story of the Legend of St. Patrick. St. Patrick is said to have taught about the Holy Trinity using a 3-leaf shamrock. I love history, learning stories like this makes me happy. I find it fun too. Who would have thought that on the Texas Panhandle Plains one would find a town named for an Irishman who actually was there at the time of its founding? That was the time right after the US Army removed the Indians that roamed the area hunting buffalo for so many years waring with other Indians, buffalo hunters, ranchers, and settlers. The Indians were taken to Indian Territory in Oklahoma. That is when settlement and ranching began in earnest. The year was 1875, that was only 144 years ago, Seems like a long time but its not really.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Here are my projects:

Afghan By Cdjohnson

Spring wreath By Cdjohnson

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! Went to go see "How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World" last night...it was cute and sweet but so very sad! It felt very much like this was the last movie in the series (some say that it is...some say that it's not). Today I cleaned up my room and hid inside because we're getting snow. I'm now super stressed about going to the lab tomorrow in case they put in the snow emergency plans.

Cathe- My computer and I are still not agreeing with each other but it's running a bit better now.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to DNA301

Edited by Anna C on 03-04-19 02:38 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to Anna C

up early since I have 3 doctor appts to get to starting at 9AM. I couldn't make up my mind yesterday what to do so I have 3 cards started and on my scrapping desk, my 2018 tax papers on my computer desk and Excel open to do some other work. I felt scattered!!!

Ashley: all good things --entertainment wise--must end! Criminal Minds, my fav show, is ending this spring too. I'm in shock!!!
Anna: Happy Monday to you....
Cathe: Hope your trip is fun and that you had a great time at the shower.
Cheryl: Adorable projects
Danielle: Very cute signs
Denise: Great story about Texas. I love history like that and I don't believe our school systems teach enough of it. I'm always in awe of the History Channel and the things they show that was never taught in school.

Hope everyone has a mahhh-velous Monday!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Abby0317

hello and good morning

Anna: Happy Monday to you... thanks for say my project was cute

terry - thanks

well today it is cloudy clean the bathrooms. now relaxing. today i am going to the bank to deposite my husband check and to go to this store and see if they have some spring stuff in yet. my mom e-mail me the airport treamnls that way i can see where i need to go we won't know the gate yet. i can't wait to go and get see my nephews and maybe have some time with them seen i don't get to see them alot and they are get so big i see pic from my sister.

hope everyone has a nice monday and take care

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

I’m in Oregon one more day.
The baby shower was fun. My niece Jill had wonderful decorations and she made the cupcakes. They were very good and so pretty. Mom to be got a lot of nice things. She loved the scrapbook I made her.

Not sure what we’re up to today.

I read quickly,
Denise hope everyone gets well at your house! Sure hope you DD doesn’t have a life long battle with kidney pain!

Edited by scrappin 2 on 03-04-19 07:55 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Morning.

When is your trip Danielle?

You were scattered Terry. I have had days like that. Like I want to do something but nothing really fits what I want to do...

Cathe, I know. I hope she doesn't either but its been 4 years, almost 5 years and she has been dealing with it ever since. I really hate it. Makes my mother's heart ache, makes me angry, makes me sad...all those emotions. Mind you it isn't constant but its often enough.

Are you all freezing? Its seems really cold to me here in Houston. The deep freeze door got left open. lol

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Denise - I am freezing!! It was 17 this morning and only got up to 28 today.

Ashley - Hope the snow plan is not in effect for you.

Danielle - Loved your projects!!

Terry - Ugh on the appointments.

Not sure what I want to do tonight.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! Almost had to stay at the hospital but not because of the snow...it snowed last night but it mostly melted by the time I had to go to the lab. I wound up almost having to stay because the lead tech on the 4-12 shift didn't realize there were callouts on her shift until close to 4:30PM and the only people left were myself and the person working the 9-5 shift on the third floor. The 9-5 person stayed but I didn't.

Terry- I hope Criminal Minds has a good series finale. I have yet to find a show that has a series finale that didn't suck.

Denise- It's cold here in NYC...most of us here are so over winter at this point.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to DNA301

Edited by Anna C on 03-05-19 02:56 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Anna C

Terry, I have a neighbor that was a Houston cop and his wife was too. He now writes for shows like NCIS and Criminal Minds. I am sorry to hear that show is ending.

We had a hard freeze last night and now it is 33. It is so cold. I know its not as cold as most of you but brrr. However, the sun is out. I don't think we have had a sunny day in 3 weeks.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to rockmom

I’m leaving Oregon today. I’ts been cold here but sunny. I’m going home to more fringed temps. Can’t, winter end??????

I woke up an hour earlier than needed. Anticipation I guess.

It will be good to get home.

See you tomorrow.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

Morning!
Anna--that toad is so cute! And Tuesdays are usually better too!
Ashley--Are you making any wedding plans yet?
Cathe: You are getting out just in time. The idiots that call the weather say it's suppose to start snowing tomorrow! Glad you enjoyed the trip....
Cheryl: I looked at the weather in MN where DS#1 lives and that's frigid. A high of -1!!! Holy cow....
Danielle: It's always a good plan to know the layout of the terminals. Most of the big ones are in the backs of the booklet on the plane.
Denise: Right now 33 would be a warming trend! Our low are in the mid-twenties with highs around 40. But we are getting this breeze right off Mt Hood and it cuts right to the bone.

I need to prioritize my "to do" list. And if yesterday wasn't bad enough, I had to pick up Emma from practice. She was 20 min late and then we went to Danny's apt to pack her up to go back to her Mom's. That took 40 min, and by the time I got home Steve was fuming since it was 6:45 and no supper yet!!! I had a headache THIS__________ Big!!!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Abby0317

hello and good morning

well yesterday I went and pick up my husband check and then he look at my car and said you should get a oil change seen I haven't gotten a oil change in awhile. so I went to the dealer ship and got my oil change and then they said the car need new wipers so I got that. after that went to the bank to deposit my husband check. then I went to this cute store and bought some cute tank tops just for 15.00. then after that went to ultra to get some more soap for my face. then went to the mall and went to victory secret to see if they had sports bra they did but not my size bummer. then I went to ShopKo they are going out of business so I figure to buy my husband some shoes seen he need them seen the other one have holes in them. then I head home it was a long day. then later at night went to the gym with my husband. today go to the gym and walk the dogs.

Denise- i am going on my vacation march 30- april 20

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Good evening!!

Cathe - Glad you will be home!!!

Terry - Did you tell DH he could have fixed supper?!?! Lol

Ashley - Glad you didn’t have to stay.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! Today was a crazy day...I'm working 10-6 this week (hopefully the last week in a forever because supposedly they have a person who wants to be permanent 10-6) so I had to basically run from work to the dance studio. I didn't get home until almost 10PM. I get to do the running again on Friday when I have to go from the lab to Girl Scouts.

Denise- I think it got into the low 20s here today. I'm so over winter!

Cathe- Winter, this year, feels like it leaves for a bit but then comes back and goes "AND ANOTHER THING"...then we have more cold and storms.

Terry- No...no wedding plans yet. My sister keeps bringing that up and I keep avoiding the topic.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to DNA301

Edited by Anna C on 03-06-19 02:30 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

Morning!

I love the lemon oreo cookies.

Today is also......

ASH WEDNESDAY | NATIONAL DENTIST’S DAY | NATIONAL DRESS DAY | NATIONAL FROZEN FOOD DAY | NATIONAL WHITE CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE DAY

Ole Man Winter just won't go away. Snowin and blowin and bitter cold here. Schools are closed again today.

Cathe, hope you are home safe and sound.

Terry, I'm with Cheryl, why didn't Steve prepare dinner?

We like Criminal Minds and NCIS too. And we really like Blue Bloods too.

Denise, are all of your babies feeling better now?

Danielle, it won't be long before you can go home and get a break from fil. Are you ok leaving him there by himself?

Laters.........

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

good morning!!

it's good to be home. I slept til 8:45.

We are so cold!!
I know everyone wants this cold weather to end!!

Anna- I'm in luck today, I have Oreos!!!
Your weather is awful!!!

Last night I finally heard about the tornado in Alabama. How sad.

Danielle- you had a very busy day.
Try Target for a sports bra. I got one there much cheaper than anywhere else.

Terry- Rum wouldn't make himself dinner either. But he would start something if I asked. After all he was a cook in the army! He knows how. Rum is better about stuff like that now that he is older. So there's hope for Steve.
I will miss seeing Mt. Hood. It's just beautiful with the sun shining on it. When the sun set it had a pink glow. Just gorgeous.

Ashley- Sure glad they found someone to take the 10-6 shift. Perhaps it was a mom who wanted to get her kids off to school or day care.

Cheryl- How's the afghan coming along? It is so nice of you to make them.

Denise- hope your DD and the kids are feeling better.
Have you gotten to try out the camera beside the one time?

Gotta do the wash. I had a note in my suitcase that it was searched. Creepy. Who went through my things?????? Things were not displaced so if there hadn't been a note I wouldn't have known.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

hello good afternoon

well I took dogs for a walk at the park. then I went to the gym. I am count the days until I get to go see my parents. I know my house is going to get dirty when I am gone and no one going to clean and when I get back home I know I be doing big time clean .

cathe- that great you had a nice time and your are back home.

Ann- know I am not but .

hope everyone has a nice wedensday

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Yes, the littles are better. Thankful for that.

Ugh. That is creepy.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to rockmom

I'm here later than usual but had to have one of those early apts and to top that off, it's snowing. No accumulation but the people out here are idiots when the first snow flake hits.
Anna: I'll take the White choc cheesecake day--or maybe 2 bites! Do you have that Stampin Up set with the lady? I just ordered it and hope it comes soon.
Ashley: I love NCIS too and frankly all the stars that left made me wonder if the show was getting cancelled. Does your sister want to help "run" the wedding plans?
Cathe: Steve had had 2 martinis by the time he called me and was not thinking straight besides trying hard to be mad. Plus it was him & Danny that arranged it so I let him have it with that too. If the roles had been reversed you---all the women--would have just started anything for supper without getting in a tizzy. What is wrong with men sometimes?
Cheryl---I ask you too---what's wrong with men? I get so tired of catering and pampering. My next life I want to be a man just to see what that feels like!
Danielle: Maybe you should tell your hubby to pick up and clean up while you are gone.
Denise: I agree that someone going thru my luggage is very creepy. Do they have time to do that with all bags or do they randomly check?

Have a question that I need help on. Scenario is I was stamping and embossing and layering the stamp patterns using masks. But being new to this I embossed a leaf that is now showing where it shouldn't. Is it possible to remove the embossed embossing powder? I googled that but didn't see any answer. I need to learn about how to layer flower & leaves right!!!!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

Terry - To my knowledge, once it is embossed you can’t remove it. I don’t know what the deal is with men.

Cathe - I posted the afghan and a wreath I made above. I already started another afghan.

Ashley - Why are you avoiding wedding plans?

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! My computer was having some serious issues tonight. I only just was able to log onto the internet. I may try system restoring it again tomorrow but I'm not sure that's going to do any good. It's driving me up a wall because it was limping along for the past few days and now we're back to this slowness again.

Anna- My mom LOVES (like that, all caps) "Blue Bloods." Her love for the show is so well known at Girl Scouts that anyone who finds out the show is filming in the area...which often happens...texts my mom to let her know LOL!

Cathe- Actually the person they got was one of the older techs. She works a 12-8 job across the street so she said she'd take it so she can go home a rest a bit before coming to work. My mom and I had one of our suitcases searched by the TSA on our way back from Disney...we found the note in it when we got home and it looked like nothing had been displaced (it was just stuff we bought on the trip).

Terry- My sister was unhappy with how her wedding turned out so, I think, she wants to enact her "dream wedding" using me as an excuse and she just wants to walk around and say "Look at what I did for my sister" to get credit.

Cheryl- My sister's being...well...herself and she wants run of everything so I've started avoiding planning.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to DNA301

hello and good morning

well today it little cloudy here today . well walk the dogs and go to the gym. I hope I can spend a lot of time with my nephew when I am down there. I wish we all live close that way I can see him more. I seen pic of what my sister send me and he getting big.

hope everyone has a nice thrusday

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Ashley, elope, that would cook her goose. Lol

Terry. I dont think they search every bag. Never had one searched but then I seldom fly.

Moved lawn and garden items to the new shed from the garage yesterday and some rocks too. Now I'm sore. Those 5-gallon buckets of rocks are heavy! Oh well I've got more to do today unless it rains.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to rockmom

CI---no plans today yet! Hope it is a good day for all....

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Abby0317

boy oh boy did we have something scary happen today in town. It might be on national news.
we had an active shooter situation. A guy shot a US Marshall who was serving him papers.
I had taken the by pass to get to Lowe's. When I got onto the ramp cars were backed up. Usually you just go right up to the corner and there may be one or two cars ahead of you. Then in my rear view mirror I see an big long trailer truck coming with red and blue lights flashing. Everyone maneuvered so he could get through. all traffic had to turn Left. I needed to go right. So I made a big circle to try to get back to Lowe's. I chose a street heading north and then saw a zillion police cars. I made a turn and went through Walmart's parking lot avoiding the mess and got to where I could cross State St and get to Lowe's.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

That sounds scary Cathe!!

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! Today we got hit hard in the lab...it felt busier than normal (Thursdays are usually busy on the third floor because it's chemo day) to the point where we were backed up for a while. To make matters worse, our fourth person got sent off to help in another satellite lab because the analyzer was down. Tomorrow, I have to run from the lab to Girl Scouts...we're having Pajama Bingo Night! (We play bingo....while wearing pajamas. The kids think this is the best thing in the history of ever for some reason)

Cathe- HOLY FISHSTICKS! That sounds awful!

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to DNA301

Loading this before bed> Just a note: the stamp set is Altenew Cherished Memories. I forgot to say that in the long description. Thanks for looking...
Birthday Card By Abby0317

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Abby0317

Edited by Anna C on 03-08-19 03:12 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

Snow, snow, snow, and more snow. Crappy weather here but they say warm weather is on the way. Sure hope so.

Cathe, glad you made it home safe and sound. Guess I’ve been lucky…as many times as I have flown, I don’t recall my luggage being searched. It really is creepy to think about someone rummaging thru our luggage. Your scary situation sounds similar to ours. We had a local town cop shot when he pulled someone over. The shooter got away and has been on the loose for two weeks. On Wednesday he was sighted several hours away by Federal Marshals. A pursuit (on foot) ensued and he shot a federal marshal and another marshal took him out. Thankfully, the local cop just got home from the hospital this week and the marshal shot will survive his injuries.

Denise, glad the littles are all better.

Terry, yes, I have the SU stamp set with the lady. I just got it. I bought it from the lady that hosts the SU gathering I attend. I paid $3 for it. She sold a bunch of her stamps to our group really cheap. I don’t do a lot of embossing, but I think once it is one there, I think it’s there. However, I do not see it on your card. Did you cover it up with the dots or did you find a way to remove it? Your card is stunning. I think you asked a while back about my job hunting. Still looking. Feeling pretty frustrated about it. My boss found out I was looking for another job (from someone I applied with) and he has been upset with me. It has changed our entire working relationship even though he is in Florida for the winter. If I make it to May, I will have been with him 20 years. I have two job apps outstanding. One is with the state and would love to get this job but I suspect my age will be a turn off.

Danielle, I agree. Your husband should help out while you are gone and keep things clean and stuff picked up and put away.

Ashley, we tape Blue Bloods and we don’t watch it until we both have time to sit down and watch. I love Tom Selleck….even when he’s in all of those old westerns!

Eloping might not be such a bad idea….my cousin’s daughter did that. They went to Vegas. And then her parents hosted a big party several weeks later for the happy couple. It was great.

I do not really get the pajama thing. They have pajama days in the schools here. Of course, there are restrictions on what kind of pajamas you can wear. I have no desire to be seen in public in my pajamas.

Shane’s grandmother passed away so my kids are headed home for the funeral this weekend.

Have a wonderful day ladies!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Good morning!

My days are all messed up with being gone and returning on a Tuesday.

I’m here with Oakley. He is watching a movie. I have to take him to the doctor at 30 minutes. Hope the movie is over. I’m not sure I know how to pause the tv. I can’t operate their tv at all.

Anna- geeze your boss isn’t being reasonable. Doesn’t he realize you lost your health insurance?????
My demonstrator and her friend have a big sale in the summer. I e gotten some nice things at a fraction of the price. I think SU stuff is pricey, but then I compared it to other die cuts and stamp brands and the prices are the same.
Sorry to hear about Shane’s grandma.
It’s nice you’ll get to see The kids.

Cheryl - Zoey will have hours of fun with her kitchen set. Nice find! But all ZEKE needs is a box!!! Lol

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Morning.

Scary stuff Cathe.

Agree Anna, the boss is not being fair.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to rockmom

Morning!
Anna: I agree--doesn't he realize that having no health ins would lead to this? Being unreasonable at the least! I tried a couple of things to get the embossing off and ended up making a whole new card. It taught me a lesson in layering stamps tho. How awesome you got the stamp for such a great price!! Hope you get to spend time with the kids and I'm sorry about his grandmother's passing. Always sad....
Ashley: I wouldn't wear my jammies in public but to have a playdate or an all day jammie day is ok by me! I agree that eloping might solve your problem. I know it would upset your mom tho!
Cathe: Is Oakley sick? Poor guy! I had the same thing at Aaron's house. Could not for the life of me run this remotes and now its worse since he has some new deal and more remotes. I rely on Andrew!!!
Cheryl: Zoey got a play kitchen? How fun!!
Danielle: how long until your trip?
Denise: Why do you have rocks in 5 gallon buckets?

The only thing I know about today is that its Women's Day and I want pizza for supper!!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Abby0317

hello and good morning

That sounds scary Cathe!!

well it snow here little bit last night and this morning but it like it going away. I want spring here soon now. going to the gym later on and walk the dogs.. tomorrow I am going to check out this craft fair that in are little town. have to go to grocery store tomorrow. I need to make a list of stuff I need to bring on my tirp. I have to see if I can put all my stuff in one bag that way I can carry it on.

terry - that card looks nice. I am leave march 30- I be head back april 20

hope everyone has a nice Friday

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Hi! Today was, in theory, my last day of working 10-6 in a good long while. They next schedule (which starts March 17th) is supposed to see a tech permanently working 7-3 and another permanent 10-6. We still have to rotate through the 8-4 and 9-5 positions on the third floor as well as our windowless lab. I'm glad I'm off this weekend because I'm going to see "Captain Marvel"....I've been hyped about this movie since it was announced! Marvel is FINALLY doing a female led movie and she's the strongest hero in the Marvel Universe! I've had my outfit on a hanger waiting for two weeks now LOL!

Anna- My mom usually winds up watching Blue Bloods on the DVR but she will watching ANYTHING with Tom Selleck. Have you seen the Jesse Stone movies he's in?

Cathe- My dad just got a new TV. The thing is ENORMOUS....like movie screen enormous! I spent part of yesterday trying to teach him how to use the new remote.

Terry- I was the only leader to have pajamas on tonight. I brought them with me to work and changed when I got to Scouts LOL!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to DNA301

JCI

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!

Kids are home, stayed with us last night then on to his parents after the service today.

Ashley, YES! We have seen all of the Jesse Stone movies. Love them too.

I am at peace with my decision to leave my job. I just want to find another job to go to. After almost 20 years, I am afraid my boss and I will not depart on good terms which is hurtful and sad to me.

Gonna go get in the shower and get food ready to send to the family for their meal after the service today. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Good morning!!

Anna - So sorry for their loss!! It is sad that you and your boss may not be able to part on good terms.

Zoey and Zeke were here last night. They had a good time. They seem no worse for wear since their parents have split up. Priscilla’s apartment is very nice. I plan to come home and scrap after a I drop a Karyol off for dialysis.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to cdjohnson

I'm home and Steve went to train the dogs. They all needed a trip out!~ Cricket is sitting on foot while chewing some parts of the cardboard box I have under the desk.

Anna: How nice of you to send some food. Will they be coming back to your house before they leave? I am wondering if your boss is upset that you might leave because then he won't be able to spend the winters in FL with a new person.
Ashley: how was pajama bingo?
Cathe: what do you have going on today?
Cheryl: I'm sorry to hear that Priscilla split. I told my son & his ex when they told us that what matters most is for everyone to be happy including the children. But it's still sad...
Danielle: An overnight carry on? If it were me going, I'd have my big suitcase so I could pack 20+ days of clothes. I hate doing laundry when I'm on a trip!!
Denise: How are things? I finally got hubby to get into the doctor Tues for his hacking cough. Like he's trying to cough up a lung ---and he's had it for month and months.

I have to clean bathrooms today, finish another card, and then start the tax software. I heard that WA & OR are both considering doing away with daylight savings. Oh please tell me it's true!!!!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

Terry - This situation is NOT sad. She has needed to be gone for a while but you have to let them realize that. I am HAPPY that she is away from him.

Here is what I have done so far today:

Little Monsters By Cdjohnson

Beware spooks come out tonight By Cdjohnson

Boo By Cdjohnson

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Abby0317

I was babysitting Oakley again this morning. I called and offered so Casey could go to Kian's last basketball game. I planned on going to the game and them realized she wouldn't be able to go. She was grateful I called.
Oakley --whose strep culture was positive, felt a lot better since getting the antibiotics in him. We played with his dinosaurs. Boy games are so............not my thing. LOL I wish I could have recorded us playing. It was funny. Of course my dinosaur always lost.

Cheryl- I think it's good Priscilla split from D this early in their marriage. The kids are so young that they might not miss him. I think it's really hard on girls to leave their daddy when they get to be in first of second grade.

Danielle- I took a big suitcase to Oregon and I was gone 5 days!! It was so much easier to check it and not bother with trying to put it in the overhead bin. I'm so short I would have to ask someone to get it up and down.

Ashley- hope the movie was great!

Anna- I too, was wondering if you'd get to see Shane and Britt again before they had to leave.

Terry- Cricket chewing a box is better than your shoe! LOL,
Did Steve get to the doctor?
I would LOVE not to have to change times. I don't know anyone who wants to keep it. It wrecks havoc on the sleep.

Denise- How are the littles? I love that term for all your Grandkids collectively.

After Casey's family got back from the Basketball game I met up with my friend Carole. We went to the mall which we hardly ever do now that Bergner's is gone. We bought nothing. Oh I guess she bought an Easter bunny decoration at Barnes and Noble's.

I ran into the grocery store to get a few items.
As I got home it started to rain.
We still have a lot of snow on the ground.

Terry- did you get your pizza on Women's Day?
Now that is a day we can all get behind, but it will never take off. Men don't step up. LOL
I think we will order a pizza tonight.

Have a nice evening everyone.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Yes, I will see my kids one more time before they head back. Headed back home in the morning sometime.

Cheryl, I hope things work out for your daughter and her children. Hopefully, this time Dustin won't be able to insert himself back into her life as her husband but only as a father to those precious children. She is very lucky to have you to lean on.

Terry, I suspect you are right. A new person will greatly interview with his current set up. However, he is all about the $$$$ so I'm sure he has already figured out that if I go he hire a replacement for much less

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Yesterday was Andrea's birthday. I hope she had a great day.

Yes, I will see my kids one more time before they head back. Headed back home in the morning sometime.

Cheryl, I hope things work out for your daughter and her children. Hopefully, this time Dustin won't be able to insert himself back into her life as her husband but only as a father to those precious children. She is very lucky to have you to lean on.

Terry, I suspect you are right. A new person will greatly mess with his current set up. However, he is all about the $$$$ so I'm sure he has already figured out that if I go he can hire a replacement for much less and that would mean more $$$$ for him. He's due back from Florida later this month so maybe I can get a better read on him.

Cheryl, hope your rain has stopped by now.

Danielle, I would not fool with a carry on either.

Edited by Anna C on 03-10-19 07:33 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Anna C

Terry, the 5-gallon buckets hold rocks I've field collected over the years. I use them to give to kids or to trade. I don't know any rockhound that can bypass a good rock. lol There is copper minerals from Utah, fossil wood from Texas and Utah, chalcedony from Utah and Texas, opalized fossil wood, septarian nodules from Utah, lead and sphalerite and chert from Missouri, oolitic limestone from Missouri, flint from Texas, fossils from Texas, stuff I collected as a kiddo. I also have them in plastic bins and shoeboxes. Seashells, sandstone, granite, limestone, gabbro, conglomerate, marble, shale, etc. I make boxes of samples in those compartmentalized craft boxes with a ked for school kids. I do a Texas rock and mineral one, a generic rock and mineral one, ad a fossil one. I sell them and donate to the rock club to sell. Depending what is in them I can get $15 to $30 a box. I'm thinking about selling them at a homeschool show sometime. Maybe.

The littles are all fine. Thank you for asking.

Cathe, Emmett would love to play dinosaurs with you. LOL its his favorite thing.

Ashley, you are a good sport to war jammies with the girls. Not something I would willingly do.

Spent too much money at Hobby Lobby and At Home for Easter décor for the kids and solar glass flower garden décor and Cute stuff to hang on the fence. Oh well, its pretty and makes me happy so its worth it. Next I need to get the soil and amendments put in the garden and think about what to plant where. I need to rotate my crops this year. Its better for the soil and the plants. It was 83 hot degrees and humidity was too high. My hair is too frizzy, it could fill a bushel basket or a ten gallon hat. lol

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Oh, I meant to say Cheryl, glad to hear your daughter is getting on fine and its a good thing for her. Hope he doesn't make her life miserable and the kids do okay with it. Your hubby doing okay?

Danielle, is it still cold in Idaho? Snow?

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to rockmom

Good morning!

Denise- I'd love to see your rock and mineral collection. I must have a tiny bit of 'rock hound' in me. LOL
Too bad Emmett and Oakley can't play together. There are no kids in his neighborhood.

Happy Birthday Andrea--if you happen to come in and read. Miss you.

Anna- glad you get to see the kids before they leave.

Ok better get ready for church.
Have a nice day.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Denise - Yes, DH is doing ok.

My usual Sunday stuff. Church, out to eat, and babysitting.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Here's a couple of cards I completed earlier in the week.

Hi! By Anna C

You'v Got This By Anna C

Edited by Anna C on 03-10-19 07:36 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Anna C

hello and good morning

terry- carry on and I bring a big bag with me. I did carry on last time I fly home. yea but it is easy to have a carry on you don't have to wait for your baggies and I be going to salt lake to phx and go on a different plane and I be scared if they lose my luggage. I am okay with doing laundry at my parents house . I always help my mom with laundry. if I need another shirt I can always go and buy some clothes but I think I be find.

well yesterday went to the craft fair and nothing much there it not as big as it was the first year I went. I talk to my mom yesterday for little bit. well today nothing much going on here just chilling .

Denise - yes it cold here but no snow. we are going to get some wednesday i seen in my app on my phone but i think it not going to stay.

hope everyone has a nice sunday

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

Hi--I've spent most of today playing with alcohol inks and Brusho. I now have multi-colored fingers too! I also did a lot of searching for a butterfly stamp that I kept seeing done in so many cool ways. Finally finally found a blog where she said where it came from. You have another order from me Cathe!

Anna: Very pretty cards!! I have so much to get accomplished and right now all I want to do is play with stamps and make some more cards. Hope you had a great visit with Britt & Shane!
Ashley: So how did you like your movie?
Cathe: I had a hard time playing with Aaron when he was small since I didn't know how to play trucks, etc. But I had to learn since all the neighbors were little girls. Then Danny just seemed to instinctively know how trucks worked and all the rest! Dinos weren't so big then but Star Wars was and I bet I spent over $500 in SW toys in so many years!!
Cheryl: I'm glad for Priscilla & the kids that they were able to get away from what must have been a bad situation. They will be happier for sure. What was sad with Danny is that it all had to do with his wife of 15 years not wanting to be American so she only talked Thai and basically quit talking to him & Emma. Divided them and that was sad. At this young age the kids will adjust much easier.
Danielle: Maybe you could go online and see how each airport is laid out and then print it so you will have a map when you get to each terminal.
Denise: wow, it sounds like you've been collecting rocks for years. I started about 10 yrs ago picking up 1 rock every new place we went. They all end up in my flower gardens in a special spot.

Happy Birthday Andrea if you check in---hope it was fun!

Happy sunday---and don't we all love daylight savings time!!!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

Grandkids are asleep though I would check in.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! If you get a chance to go see "Captain Marvel"....GO DO IT! It was such an awesome girl power movie and such a pleasant change of pace from all the male-led Marvel movies thus far (nothing wrong with them but it was nice to see the girls in a leading role instead of just playing second fiddle to the boys). The funniest part was, as I was leaving the theater, I ran into a bunch of my Girl Scouts heading into the theater...all going to see "Captain Marvel!" Little do they know (the ones in my troop anyway) that we're having Daisy Super Hero Night in my Daisy Troop!

Cheryl- I'm sorry to hear your daughter broke up with her husband...I hope everything goes smoothly and he doesn't make things difficult for her or the kids.

Anna- I'm sorry you have to leave your job and you're worried about parting ways on bad terms. That's what happened when I left the first hospital I worked in...it was bad terms on both sides when I left to the point where I don't think that hospital would ever hire me again.

Terry- The Scouts treat Pajama Bingo like it's a competitive sport. It's one of the things they look forward to every year and, when we play it, you'd think we're playing for gold instead of candy and chip!

Cathe- Dinosaurs are THE BEST! Ok...I may be more than a little obsessed with them. I've been obsessed with them since I was a kid.

Denise- My mom and I were talking about going to Michaels on my day off this week to get spring flowers and bunnies and stuff LOL!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to DNA301

Good morning!

I already feel so much more productive with this time change. I don't like losing an hour of sleep but with that extra daylight in the evening I seem to get so much more done. I wish we they would leave it this way.

But for those not happy about the change.........

Napping Day is an unofficial holiday that falls on the Monday after DST begins in the United States.

Edited by Anna C on 03-11-19 09:17 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Good morning!!

Ashley- Glad you enjoyed the movie. I bet Super Hero night with the little girls will be fun.
Actually I have always been fascinated by dinosaurs. When teaching I had the best access to a wonderful film. It was part cartoon and part real life about a paleontologist and how they did for dinos. That reminds me, I need to look up where the museum in the movie is located. Perhaps I can go there if we drive out to Oregon. I think it was in Montana.

Terry- Thanks for your order. ---was it the butterfly Anna used on her card the other day? Make cards like crazy since you have the mojo going.

I'd better get going. I'm up and have texted my walking friend about going to the mall to walk.

Have a great day everyone.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

Morning! I'm calling this "C" day. It's the start of my Counting Calories n Carbs for my diet per the dietician. Have to record all the info now until I can lose this weight. The other thing she informed me about, which after 12 yr of being insulin dependant is that insulin causes weight gain. The more weight the more insulin which causes more weight and this cycle is awful. And apparently my life. Here we go....

Anna: I love my hour long naps! Started decades ago because of the eye strain I had while doing my work. Now I do it just because I don't really sleep well.
Cathe: I don't know about MT or OR, but Denver has the most awesome museum with a fully reconstruction Dino in it's lobby. It the Natural museum and there's a whole floor dedicated to dinos and all the bones that were found in CO. I really started my love of museums!
Here's a link to a card done with the Butterfly I ordered:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/94/72/62/94 7262803026ffe...

Better go get something done!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Abby0317

hello good morning

well today busy day today . I took dogs for a walk already. it nice day today but cold here.

terry- that what I am going to do is print out the tremals of the airport and when I know what gate I am at I am going to circle it.

hope everyone has a nice Monday

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

I am home from work. It has been in the 50s here today.

Terry - I started a 60 hour metabolism reboot last night. I have been lax on my Keto lately and hope to jumpstart myself.

Cathe - Hope you had a good walk.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! Today was not a good day at work. I was working on the third floor, an 8-4 shift, but someone called out and I wound up working 8-6. THEN, we found out that the clinics couldn't order their tests so we had run everything offline and have paper printouts for the doctors, nurses, and such to pick up. Once the system came back online, we had sit and reorder everything and put all the results in by hand. I'm glad I'm off tomorrow LOL!

Anna- I had planned to come home and take a nap because I've been having weird dreams lately but that didn't happen LOL!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to DNA301

Good morning!!

I got up late. It's 8:40.
This darn time change!
Last night on Lester Holt they told how daylight saving time (not savings) got started. It was not because of the farmers needing more daylight in the morning. It started in Germany during WWII. We adopted the idea. I guess Congress needs to change it.

Terry- I love that butterfly!! Great job on using the brusho.

Ashley- sure hope today goes better at work.
I've been having great dreams till last night. I had a dream I was at the school where I taught at, watching a house on fire across the street. Then the whole side of the house fell on the people standing next to it.
Maybe this time change triggers dreams???

Have a nice day. bbl

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Season of Change By Scrappin 2

One I did for the challenge of Rockin Scrappin Grans.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Morning ladies!

Dropping off two cards. TFL!

YOU... By Anna C

Hello By Anna C

Need to work on my display in my photos!

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to Anna C

Good morning! This will be my last "free" day for the week where I have nothing to do or apts to go to. I also have 3 cards semi-made so that's todays plan. Plus going to see Emma play softball for her high school. She's a freshman and after try outs was put on the varsity team.
Question: do any of you ladies take a once a week pill or a shot every 6 mos for osteoporosis? Was wondering what you might think of this. Reason is my oncologist said that due to having cancer already that I'm somewhat at risk for bone cancer and this helps decrease the risk. I'm due to do it on Thursday.

Anna: beautiful cards! And I love how you staged the one with pearls & flowers!!
Ashley: sorry you didn't get your nap in. Weird dreams huh? Like scary ones or reality ones? I used to have this one for over 25 yrs. As kids we were all ushered into the basement pantry and were invaded by soldiers who killed everyone but me. Started with the Cuban missile crisis.
Cathe: Your welcome! I know---that butterfly just sucked me in!!! I agree that the malls are turning into ghost towns.
Cheryl: good luck with the reboot! I'm in the "booting" stage!!!hehehe....
Danielle: I'm sure the terminal maps will help a lot!
Denise: are you all in line for that terrible storm that is crossing the country? I think I saw where Dallas is due for snow.

Have a good one!!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

Good evening!! Well There is another problem with Karyol’s graft. He has to have an ultrasound in the morning. They said it is spasming and trying to collapse. I have no idea what has to be done if that is the case. Maybe another stent??? I am so tired of all these problems.

Ashley - That sounds like a horrible day

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!

Three days in a row without rain! Everyone here has a bad case of spring fever!!

Cheryl, so sorry Karyol is having so many issues. I know it must be stressful for you.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

Make a difference! Be kind to someone today!

Edited by Anna C on 03-13-19 02:11 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Good morning!!
I'll try to be a good Samaritan---if i leave the house. LOL

It is so hard to wake up!!!
My eyes have been so watery in the mornings.
Ear, nose throat doctor said it was allergies. I was taking an allergy pill. I went off and now am back on.
I have an eye appointment the end of the month.
I'll see what he says.

Cheryl- I'm so sorry Karyol is having more trouble with the graft! Hugs to you.

Terry- No, I don't take any of those drugs for osteoporosis. I did take fosomax , many, many years ago but they made me feel funny, if I recall correctly. From what I read they make ones bones brittle. Yet if I had had cancer and the doc was suggesting it could prevent bone cancer than I would rethink taking them.
It is so weird that you have that reoccurring dream. Dreams fascinate me. I guess there was a segment on dreams yesterday on one of the talk shows, but I missed it.

Ashley- what did you do on your day off?

Anna- such pretty cards!

We are supposed to reach 50* today! But rain is in the forecast.

Have a nice day everyone.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

Dropping off and then I'll come back to catch up. Have a health assessment guy coming in 2 hrs & need to get going.
Thanks for looking at my playtime!
Butterflies By Abby0317
Green Thank you By Abby0317
Purple Thank you By Abby0317
Joy By Abby0317

bb in a few hours!!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Abby0317

hello and good afternoon

Anna: beautiful cards

terry- thoes are nice cards

Cheryl- I'm so sorry Karyol is having more trouble with the graft

well I had a very bad migraine yesterday evening and I went to bed really early threw up . put a wash cloth over my head. I hate when I get them. so today I feel little better but take it easy today. I have to take dogs to the vet to get there shots done and might have to get there flu shot early. well it snow little bit last night but it is melting here. I want spring here.

hope everyone has a nice wedensday

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Danielle- so sorry you had a migraine. Hope you are feeling better today.

Terry- Your cards are awesome! Wish I could hang out with you and learn to use the inks and oxide inks. You have so many colors!!

I sure didn't feel like 50* here today. I'm not sure it make it to 50. It was cloudy and breezy. But we didn't have snow. I hear Colorado and Nebraska are getting hit.

I started a scrap page for Oakley, but didn't get it done.

Donald (Rum) decided he needed to get out of the house. So we went and drove the Honda HR-V. He's starting to thing about replacing his 11 year old civic.

Have a good evening everyone.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Terry, your cards are so beautiful! You really know how to use those inks and the brusho! Awesome creations!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Karyol had surgery today. His graft was clotted again. The doctor placed another stent and used a balloon to widen the whole thing hoping to keep it from narrowing.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! I was going to post last night but I came home from dance to find my computer updating...then it said it couldn't update and had to uninstall the update...which took FOREVER! It was still uninstalling when I came home from work today! I just now got my computer back from whatever it was doing. I need to either figure out what's wrong with this machine or suck it up and get a new one before Camp NaNoWriMo next month!

Cathe- I went to the doctor's for my medicine check up on my day off and then my mom and I had to go run errands for my grandmother and sister. I got to stop and pick up a video game I wanted though so I guess that's a good thing LOL!

Terry- Sometimes the dreams I have are weird but not scary (I've had a fair few zombie dreams and I don't even like zombies) and sometimes they're mundane, real life things...just with brighter colors and louder sounds (sort of almost to the point of cartoon or what I imagine taking acid would be like).

Anna- We're supposed to have rain on Friday...and we're having a big event at Girl Scouts on Friday LOL! It's Girl Scout Birthday Week...marking 107 years of Girl Scouting in America so we throw a big birthday party for Girl Scouts at Girl Scouts LOL!

Cheryl- I'm sorry to hear your husband needed surgery again!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to DNA301

hello and good morning

terry- Wish I could hang out with you and learn to use the inks and oxide inks. You have so many colors!! I have a few of the oxide don't really know how to use them.

well yesterday I took it easy. I feel better today, I hate when I have really bad migraines but my mom use to get them a lot at my age. I sometimes get out of no where. I hate when they get really bad. well today is go to the gym and walk the dogs.

hope everyone has a nice Thursday

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Good morning!

Cheryl- . Sure hope he doesn't have any more trouble with the graft.

Danielle- glad you feel better today.

Ashley- On Sunday all the Brownies and Girl Scouts from St. Rita were at Mass. They did the readings, sang in the choir and delivered the gifts. They were so cute in their uniforms.
Glad to hear you got the game you wanted.

Not sure what the day holds.
Have a good one.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Cheryl, are you okay from that tornado? The Weather Channel showed that it was close to you. Let us know.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to rockmom

Good morning! Boy, I am so glad not to live in CO right now. I've been in those types of snow & blizzards and it is scary! Hope it doesn't hit you Cathe!!

Dr cancelled that IV apt for the Zometa due to my having to have a big dental apt. The drug recommends it as it can cause jaw bone damage.

Steve went on a rant last night because I went to Emma's HS softball game, had to 20 min for her from that, a trip to Taco Bell, and then take her home (mom is working & dad is in NY). So ok---I was 20 min late getting home for supper. I fumed about this all night. And this is not the end of it either.

Danielle: I hope you recover quickly from the migrane. I'm sorry that you get them as they are horrible.
Cheryl: Poor Karyol! Hope this now does the trick and you both don't have to go thru it again! Tornado?????
Ashley: How old is your computer? Usually an update won't happen if there isn't any more RAM. Have a great GS birthday party!
Cathe: how fun --- a new car!
Anna: thank you! When my mojo comes visiting its like a 2 yr old who drank a gallon of Koolaid!!

Hope everyone is safe and sound!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

It has been an awful day here. Tornado 3 miles from my house. Of course, at the hospital we had to keep everyone away from windows and move them into the hallways. They even called a Code Yellow for an external disaster. We were incertain if there would be casualties because of the tornado touching down. Preliminary results are that it was an F2.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! Worked in the upstairs lab for the first time since, I think, the last time I worked a weekend LOL! I found out today that I got a...well, it's not a promotion but something LOL from the lab. They're sending me for training in Special Hematology (they do different, harder to do testing there) starting week after next. I'm nervous but glad I get to learn something new!

Cathe- This past Sunday was Girl Scout Sunday. It's part of the Girl Scout week celebration. When I was a kid, our troops use to take part in Sunday services (at, oddly enough, a church called St. Rita's) but we don't do that anymore. Our current pastor doesn't want the kids at mass because we're not a "Brazilian Organization" and he caters to them first.

Terry- My computer is about 10 years old...maybe more. I know I'm probably going to have to suck it up and get a new one in the near future.

Cheryl- Yikes! That sounds all kinds of scary!

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics