Username Post: Show me your...        (Topic#1675685)
Jenny from the Crop
Mayor
Jenny from the Crop

...layouts where you've overlayed a circle on a photo to draw attention to a specific detail. I am struggling to tie this circle in to the rest of the layout. I feel like I need something to carry on away from the circle and out to another element of the layout so that it doesn't look like I just floated a circle over my photo. It looks lonely. lol

Thanks in advance!

Side note; Looking forward to getting back into the community. Have been away for quite a while and haven't scrapped much in the last few years but starting to get back into it lately. Would especially enjoy "meeting" you if you are local to the NE Ohio area.

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl
In response to Jenny from the Crop

I know I've done this in the past but can't recall a specific example. You can also use a square or rectangular frame shape over the photo to highlight it if you are not crazy about the circle. If the solitary circle alone is bothering you, maybe just adding circles in descending size clustered near the photo and trailing off? Sometimes I've used arrows pointing at the person in the photo.
Hope that helps and welcome back into scrapping and the forum community!

Jenny from the Crop
Mayor
Jenny from the Crop
In response to gluemore girl

The arrow is a good thought...
I've just left it on my table and I just keep looking at it waiting for something to come to me. lol
Thanks for your reply.

Vivian Lake
Diva
Vivian Lake

No circles . . . but I did use arrows.

Keep Your Eyes On The Skies By Vivian Lake

Jenny from the Crop
Mayor
Jenny from the Crop
In response to Vivian Lake

I am beginning to think that's what I should have done... and I've already glued my circle to my photo. (It's really not a great photo so I didn't really care)… but I really like your arrows.

Woops. lol Oh well... live and learn. Maybe I can add some flourishes or something that expand out away from the circle and out onto the rest of the page...

THanks for sharing! Cute page!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

Try adding more circles?

Hey Mimi By Mrsmiller

Before She Was a Cedar Point Ride Warrior By Mrsmiller

Oh ********! By Mrsmiller

don1
don1 
Pro
don1
  • don1 on 03-22-19 04:52 PM
In response to mrsmiller

How about make a circle with a colored string and run the tail of the string to a journal piece.

Jenny from the Crop
Mayor
Jenny from the Crop
In response to mrsmiller

Good idea... I just decided to go with it and your pages actually make me feel better about that decision because you kinda did the same thing I did and your pages look great. Thanks for sharing!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

Can't wait to see what you created! Welcome back. Oh, and we are neighbor-ish. I live in Michigan about half an hour from Toledo.

Jenny from the Crop
Mayor
Jenny from the Crop
In response to mrsmiller

Hi! That's not too far! I want to build a little circle of scrap girls again! I had one back in Cali before I moved and I have not been able to put another group together since I've been in Ohio.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

I wanted to welcome you back from an Ohioan I live in Columbus I used to go all over the state for scrapbook stores, crops, retreats it was great fun meeting everyone I did this for many many years I have huntingtons disease and have not been able to drive for a few years but my dear husband drove me to crops and scrapbook stores and craft stores. we had 17 lss over the years but we have 1 left and it is far.

Jenny from the Crop
Mayor
Jenny from the Crop
In response to anda11

Well thank you! I'm sorry to hear that your health has kept you from being out and about as much as I'm sure you'd like to be. What a sweet hubby!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics