Username Post: *GET EXCITED* for NSD 2019!!!        (Topic#1675775)
MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB

Hi, this is Marci with a few details to get us all excited about NATIONAL SCRAPBOOKING DAY!

The actual day is Saturday May 4, 2019, but NO WORRIES ->As you may have noticed Scrapbook.com had posted there SUPER BIG CHALLENGE for NSD (over a month long!) I will be the moderating again this year and coordinating any MEMBER CHALLENGES so that everyone can stay in tune and have links in 1 spot!

I, myself, will be hosting THREE 3 hour challenges on that actual day May, 4, 2019. My other 2 challenges will run for ONE WEEK; all with gift certificates courtesy of Scrapbook.com!

Would love to have you HOST a "special" NSD challenge...What does that mean? If you already do host challenges, just add NSD to your subject title!

Please feel free to post comments, questions and/or suggestions!

Here is what Amy Sonnemann from Scrapbook.com posted in the General Scrapbooking Forum:
Never fear, Scrapbook.com is cooking up a little fun for National Scrapbook Day 2019. We are SO lucky to have our good friend MarciLB curating all the festivities again this year. She is beyond AMAZING and she totally ROCKS it every year.

I can't give away a ton of details yet but I can assure you that the challenges will last the whole month of May. If you can't participate on National Scrapbook Day, don't worry, you will have the whole month to join in the fun and win some great prizes. Be sure to print your photos and get ready to have some FUN and preserve your favorite memories.

We are also cooking up some AMAZING sales and maybe even a FREEBIE or two along the way, so be sure to watch for that as well.

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to MarciLB

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 04-08-19 02:07 PM
In response to justowen

Marci, I would be willing to host a mixed media canvas challenge, if there is interest. Just let me know!

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to vawm

Jenny--that is how I feel!
Victoria...that would be great! I would say to run it longer-due to the nature of it, but everyone seems to love to try all the newest things!

Pro
In response to vawm

This will be my first time participating....I am EXCITED!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to ArtsyLC

I don't have to get excited because I already was! Can't wait! It's so much fun!

I'll be running my journaling challenge too with prizes.

trek 
Idol
  • trek on 04-09-19 05:31 AM
In response to mrsmiller

Groovy Deborah
Diva
Groovy Deborah
In response to trek

Sounds great!

I would love to host a monochromatic layout challenge

Deb

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 04-09-19 07:01 AM
In response to Groovy Deborah

I will run it the month of May, Marci! If that sounds okay to you! Thanks for coordinating again!

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to vawm

ha ha Shannon--ME TOO! As much as I have been traveling back and forth to my mom in Florida-that date is marked on my calendar!!!!!

Lisa--fabulous-its so fun!

Deb--sounds great!!

Perfect Victoria!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to MarciLB

I'm with Shannon, I was already excited!!!

I'm planning something for the Hoarders for May twist, but haven't thunk up the idea yet... I'm open to suggestions though!

Pro
In response to SonjaC

Just realized the actual day is my son's jr. prom.....probably won't get much time to scrap that day.

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to ArtsyLC

YAY Sonja!!! hmmmm a different twist huh? I have to think too!
Lisa....there is some "extra fun" just for that day but MANY things run for much longer!!!

ppilgrim
Idol
ppilgrim
In response to MarciLB

I miss colour challenges. Does anyone else miss colour challenges, either colour schemes or monochromatics? I'd host something like that for NSD but only if there's interest.

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to ppilgrim

Peggy- Deb said she'd do a monochromatic challenge! ->Yes, there used to be a regular monthly color challenge; I am not so great with colors so I rarely do those myself! I might be able to handle monochromatic!!! LOL!!!!

Scraping4fun25
Governor
Scraping4fun25
In response to MarciLB

So excited, can barely wait! I like the color/monochrome challenges, I would be up for trying one!
I also kind of miss some of the older challenges scrapbook.com used to host like Graphic 45...Any one have interest in a Graphic 45 challenge for NSD? I would host one, if there is an interest.

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to Scraping4fun25

• Scraping4fun25 Said:
So excited, can barely wait! I like the color/monochrome challenges, I would be up for trying one!
I also kind of miss some of the older challenges scrapbook.com used to host like Graphic 45...Any one have interest in a Graphic 45 challenge for NSD? I would host one, if there is an interest.

Oh that sounds cool..MANY people LOVE Graphic 45!

Groovy Deborah
Diva
Groovy Deborah
In response to MarciLB

You got it! It’s my favorite day of the year

Groovy Deborah
Diva
Groovy Deborah
In response to MarciLB

(((((Yay)))))

Pro
In response to Groovy Deborah

What is Graphic 45?

Scraping4fun25
Governor
Scraping4fun25
In response to ArtsyLC

Graphic 45 is a scrapbook paper line. They sell it on scrapbook.com--(you can search under Graphic 45 on this site)--a lot of it has a vintage feel to it.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to Scraping4fun25

I'll host a Disney challenge too. I'm going to WDW in May so I'll find something cool for a prize.

Donnia
Donnia 
Veteran
Donnia
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
I'll host a Disney challenge too. I'm going to WDW in May so I'll find something cool for a prize.

Oh so excited for this one! I just printed a bunch of Disney photos.

Have fun in Disney, wish I was going again soon!

Edited by Donna Coughlin on 04-10-19 07:26 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Donnia

OOOOH Shannon, I'm totally in the Disney challenge then! I am still trying to do our Disney album from FOUR years ago and could use the motivation!

As for the color challenge, I loved the monochrome challenges Pat used to host as well as the mood board challenges.
I'd be willing to host a Mood Board challenge if there was interest (and no one else was already doing it)! We had one a while back that took certain colors together with a photo or theme and then you scrapped it.

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to SonjaC

Shannon that is great!!! I have to get some photos from my daughter in law as they went last year!
Wonderful Sonja--I haven't seen anyone mention that!

DYnWV
DYnWV 
Angel
DYnWV
  • DYnWV on 04-10-19 11:03 AM
In response to MarciLB

Hey Marci!! No surprise, I'll be running the Sports and Play challenge and I'm working up some twists and turns for it to go throughout the month!
As usual, I'll link up here for you!

Thanks for being in charge of the fun mayhem that ensues during this day!

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to DYnWV

Denise-

Jen E
Jen E 
Diva
Jen E
  • Jen E on 04-10-19 03:31 PM
In response to MarciLB

So exciting! Can’t wait till May!

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to Jen E

Jen-

ppilgrim
Idol
ppilgrim
In response to MarciLB

Yay for Deb! I love monochromatic challenges. Counting the sleeps 'til NSD :-)

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to ppilgrim

• ppilgrim Said:
Yay for Deb! I love monochromatic challenges. Counting the sleeps 'til NSD :-)

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to MarciLB

I'll be hosting my usuals so will add them here!

We have a wedding to attend on the actual day so glad to hear there will be long running challenges!

5finns
5finns 
Diva
5finns
In response to Scrapanda

I am looking forward to NSD..month

Caletts
Diva
Caletts
In response to 5finns

I look forward to NSD every year! Yay!!!!

LauralsAttic
Governor
LauralsAttic
In response to Caletts

Boy the thread is long already! Looking forward to all of it!!!!!!

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to LauralsAttic

Great Amanda!
Dria--you are so right--MONTH!!!!
It is such fun Laura!!!!

ppilgrim
Idol
ppilgrim
In response to MarciLB

Right. Time to get all the Mother's Day stuff OFF my "to do" list so that nothing messes with my NSD mojo ;-)

SJ luvscrappin
Idol
SJ luvscrappin
In response to ppilgrim

Is this excited enough??

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to SJ luvscrappin

Exactly Peggy!
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSS Jael!!!!!

Governor
In response to MarciLB

OH MY - It's BAAAAAACK!! I started my countdown last June

A gazillion thanks to Marci for keeping us all organized. We LOVE you SB.com!

Did I hear G45 AND Disney??? I'm so in on those too! I see some of my old fave monthly challenges making a possible re-entry. Sure miss my Julie Nutting Doll challenges too.

I better start prepping and making sure I've got everything I need. I should be getting my SB order tomorrow!!

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to boricuapr

Me too Linda...I mark my next years calendar as soon as I get it! LOLOLOL!
-You can work a Julie Nutting doll into any challenge!!!

Pro
In response to MarciLB

Hey girls, just an FYI that JoAnn Fabrics has a clearance sale right now getting rid of old to make room for new. I got 3 packs of washi for 98 cents and pads of 150 sheets of Disney paper for $5.50 today.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to ArtsyLC

I just posted in the other thread that I have participated in many of the years of NSD and it has always been amazing for everything they do and everything they give as prizes. I won a huge prize 1 year that had so much in it that I am still using and love
but I have a little problem last month my tower died and I am using my husbands old one until I can get a new one. it is window 7. my ancestry page does not show everything..my pinterest does not show all of my pins some days I can't get my printer to work either
I do not want to install my cameo program in it I do not want to update the windows 7 cause it is an old towerl.
so I won't be able to do any cameo challenges
I do love graphic 45 I also have my disney enlargements pkt on my desk but I only have 1 disney die cut. my cameo is filled with lots of disney images a everything like fonts too
I asked cameo how to make sure my images were there & I do not want to try it on the old one cause if they are missing..they might be able to put them back.
it is good we have a long time cause my camera broke and I am using my daughters smart phone

Jess E
Jess E 
Idol
Jess E
In response to anda11

Marci, is the SB.com NSD contest just for scrapbooking layouts, page pockets and planners like it says? Anything else would have to fit into the sub contests listed in this section? Where would pocket letters fall into?
TIA!

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to Jess E

Jess....GOOD questions-I will send in your inquiry and get back to you!

LauralsAttic
Governor
LauralsAttic
In response to MarciLB

I was wandering the same Jess about SB challenge. Last year it was whatever you wanted to create including LE, tags, etc. but this year it is a bit confusing the way it reads. Hoping I will be able to fit into one of the categories!!!!!!!

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to LauralsAttic

Hello to all!...The focus IS on memory keeping-telling the story, bringing out the feelings/emotions on the project...

So as far as a Pocketletter....I did one not too long ago about where I live-NEW JERSEY.....I have also done Pocketletter about one of my favorite things of the moment-Julie Nutting dolls--which for me IS a big thing since I am NOT a coloring person and yet I took that on and even multi layered dressing of the stamp/doll and it was FUN!...I also did a memorial ATC to my brother who passed 15 years ago from a brain tumor with a miniature envelope punch with a note to him inside....

So hopefully that gives you some examples of how those projects CAN work!

Once you "join" the challenge...all you do when you up[load your projects is to put a click of your mouse in the dot/circle and voila--you have entered your project, NO NEED TO POST IT ANYWHERE ELSE ; SCRAPBOOK.com will then pick it up as an entry! It's ONE CHALLENGE with multiple entities for consideration for the prizes!!!

Please DO NOT hesitate to ask questions!!! Thanks!!!!

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to MarciLB

NSD!! can't wait. I've not done much scrapping with health and family issues, but I'm marking my calendar for the day and the month, and hope I can create something. Marci, thanks for being such a great moderator, and keeping it all smooth sailing!! To all the hostesses thanks for the challenges you host, and that I may sign up for but can't seem to complete, thanks for your patience. Now to plan for MY day!! xxx

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to sasload4

Thank you Sandra! Sure hope you can join in!!!

savvy scrapper amie
Governor
savvy scrapper amie
In response to ppilgrim

Oh fun!! Can't wait!!

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to savvy scrapper amie

I HAVE to agree with you Amie!!!

ppilgrim
Idol
ppilgrim
In response to MarciLB

OK, time to get serious and make some page kits :-)

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to ppilgrim

• ppilgrim Said:
OK, time to get serious and make some page kits :-)

Time flies and it will be here before you know it!!!

Governor
In response to MarciLB

I think today's the day we can start uploading

Caletts
Diva
Caletts
In response to boricuapr

So I added my junk journal to my gallery and the challenge. It appears I made a mistake and added as separate projects instead of same project. Is there a way to combine all photos to the same post without deleting and reposting?

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to Caletts

Carri--I don't think so, once they are posted, to put them as the same project again-sorry!!!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics