Username Post: NEW OPEN April heritage challenge open all month        (Topic#1675777)
anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

Do you have boxes and albums and envelopes full of photos that you took long ago or that you inherited and promised that you would scrap someday?
Well to help you arrive at someday here is a little bit of motivation that might help.
Jon this challenge and scrap those wonderful old photos
we are using photos from any decade
you can use pages that you did recently

***Please make sure to Allow Public Embedding****

You may use this for other challenges too

Digi is ok too
may scrap as many as you want & post them here.

IDEAS for April
You do not need to use the ideas

Whatever you scrap this month will be wonderful!

1857 Albert Douglas patented a ladies bustle.. do a page with a womens bustle in your family... or do a page about womens fashion over the years.

international tatting day..tatting is the skill of making delecate elegant tatted lace. it was enjoyed by thousands of people. did your relative tatt? do a page

1877 Ole Evinrude invented the outboard marine engine. do a page about your family on a boat

1869 Isaac Hodgson got a patent for a roller skate.. I spent many many hours at the roller rink... did any of you skate too? do a page.

it is national kite month.. do a page about kids playing outside.

we have zoo lovers day do a page about your family at the zoo.

we have kiss your mate day, lovers day & husband appreciation day... do a page about some beautiful lovers in your line.

we have Patriots day.. some people know little or nothing about Patriots day.. for the New Englanders, the birthplace of the American Revolutionary War. it is a big big day in the New England states with a day off work for many. this day commemorates the battle of Lexington & Concord on April 19, 1775. this battle began the American Revolutionary War. it also commemorates the midnight ride of Paul Revere. on this evening, patriot Paul Revere rode through town warning the colonists that the red coats are coming.
were any of your ancestors in the Revolutionary War? do a page about it.

we have Winston Churchill day. this celebrates the day he was made an honorary U.S. citizen in 1963 by President John F Kennedy. he was not present to receive this award. only a handfull of people have been accorded this honor what does it take to receives this award? you have to have made an extaordinary acclomplishments or contributions in your life and then a law must be drafted and voted upon by the U.S. Senate.
do a page about your family member that was in WW II.

we have hair style appreciation day remember all the hair styles that we had over the years for men or woman? do a page about one of them

we have national sibling day..a day to honor siblings in your family.

1867 Wilbur & his brother Orville invented the airplane which they called the flying machine. were any of your family pilots ? do a page

1806 Isanbard Kingdom Brunel invented the 1st trans atlantic steamer. did any of your ancestors come to this country by boat? do a page

1973 Francis W. Dorion got a patent for a dual razor blade assembly. it was the 1 ever multi blade. do a page about a handsome man in your line

we have girl scout leader day. which recognizes & honors the many adult volunteers to the girl scout program who make the program a success. my mom was a leader for me & I was one for my daughter. were any of you girl scouts? do a page.

we have international guitar month. did anyone in your family play? do a page. my brother taught me to play when I was a kid. he also taught my son who plays beautifully as well as the whole family too

we also have 8 track tape day. brings back fond memories of the 60s & 70s. during this time 8 track tapes ruled the music world.Americas love for the automobiles was a driving force in creating the demand for musical cassete formats. for those who grew up in this time an 8 track player in your home & car was an essential. it was later replaced by the cassette. 8 track tapes were created by jet maker William Lear. do a page about your favorite 8 tracks.

we have look alike day.. do a page about your ancestors and your other family members.

we have hug an Australian day. were any of your ancestors from Austraiia? do a page

we have national tartan day..celebrates Scottish heritage & the distinct pattern. when we see tartan we think of Scotland on this day in 1322 the Scottish declaration of independance was signed. there are many celebrations.

we also have tweed day celebrates the warm fashionable clothing that originated in Scotland
were any of your ancestors from Scotland? do a page

we have Babe Ruth day...he was the 1st sports superstar.my cousin was Charlie Root who pitched for the Chicago Cubs. he hated Babe Ruth cause during a game Babe pointed 2 fingers to the center fieild and hit a home run in the center field. Ruth would confirm that he called the home run...Charlie Root said that he pointed 2 fingers to show that he had 2 strikes on him and had 1 left.. this went to the press...decades later people still wonder. Ruth had a movie out that showed the lie. Charlie Root spent years trying to get the truth out with articles & book. he said he gave his life to baseball & people only think of this.
do a page about your family at a baseball game.

1897 Simon Lake got a patent for an even keel submarine.
we have submarine day
were any of your relatives on a submarine? do a page

Anchors Aweigh was copyrighted by Chas. A Zimmerman who served as a bandmaster director of the U S Naval acadamny band. Anchors Aweigh was adopted as the official Navy song.
were any of your relatives in the Navy? do a page

1782 German educator Friedrich Frobel invented Kindergarten. we also have Kindergarten day. do a page a family members school
1821 Linus Yale was an ameircan portrait painter & invented the Yale cylynder lock. do a
page about a family members high school

we have Good Friday which is the friday before Easter sunday...Palm Sunday is the Sunday before Easter. we have Easter Sunday. do a page about your familys Easter celebration.

we have Passover..the celebration of the freeing of the Jews from Egyptian rule around 3000 years ago. do a page about a Passover celebration in your family

we have Keep America beautiul month, garden week, international plant appreciation day lawn & garden month do a page about some beautiful gardens in your family

we have arbor day..celebrated since 1872 began in Nebraska cause it used to be treeless. today is a day to plant trees. do a page about some beautiful trees

1873 Eli Janney got a patent for an automatic railroad car coupling.. do a page about a family member on a train trip

1908 Leonard Dyer got a patent for an automobile transmission
1935 Joseph Ledwinka got patent for vehicle wheel construction for automobiles
1875 Walter Chrysler founded the Chrysler car company
do a page about a family car

we have read a road map week do a page about a family road trip

we have tell a story day did any of your family member tell good stories? do a page

we have international juggling day usually at Circuses or carnivals. do a page About your family at the circus or carnival

we have international childrens book day & school librarian day... name a book that you loved as a child
we have library week & national library day.. did anyone in your family love going to the library? do a page

we have scrabble day.. Alfred Moser Butt invented this game... there were many victims in.americas great depression in 1929 but an1933 out of work architect invented a game that would lift the spirit of millions. did anyone in your family play scrabble? do a page

we have world laboratory day. did anyone in your family work in one

we have international fun at work day, don't go to work unless its fun day secretarys day and take your daughter to work day, national walk to work day do a page about a family members work

we have newspaper columnist day & hug a newsman day
did anyone in your family work at a newspaper? do a page

Have fun
1. groovy Deborah
2. PKfromPA
3. gluemore girl Maria
4. boricupr Linda

Edited by anda11 on 04-13-19 01:34 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Groovy Deborah
Diva
Groovy Deborah
In response to anda11

Reading your ideas was a great tefresher of history. Love it! I’m in!

Edited by Groovy Deborah on 04-09-19 07:22 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

PKfromPA
Expert
PKfromPA
In response to Groovy Deborah

Glad to see this challenge again! One of my favorites, although I don't always get a page completed for it. Hoping to get one done. Thanks for hosting!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Groovy Deborah Said:
Reading your ideas was a great tefresher if history. Love it! I’m in!

I am so glad to have you Deborah

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to PKfromPA

• PKfromPA Said:
Glad to see this challenge again! One of my favorites, although I don't always get a page completed for it. Hoping to get one done. Thanks for hosting!

well my husband was in the hospital again he was diagnosed with congestive heart failure then.. I thought he would have to go to the hospital lots more often but he has nurses come here to check on him weekly plus physical therapy here too.. the girl that was here today thought he looked great and thought he wasn't so bad after all so she canceled his therapy. he had pallative care call him to have them come over but he told them no that he was using the nurse therapy. plus the girl today said she doesn't know why they called him.
I am so glad that you are joining us again hon

Groovy Deborah
Diva
Groovy Deborah
In response to anda11

Thanks!

P. S. “Of history” daggone spellcheck lol!

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl

I'm in Linda!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to gluemore girl

• gluemore girl Said:
I'm in Linda!

I am so happy you are in again Linda
I called you Linda. I am so sorry Maria

Edited by anda11 on 04-13-19 12:46 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Governor
In response to anda11

Hi Linda - I was thinking and sending warm thoughts your way during your hiatus! Wonderful news that they can provide care at home for hubby. It's much less stressful for him! Having home caregivers will also give you short breaks and mental health support during his care.

I'm definitely in!!

xxoo

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to boricuapr

• boricuapr Said:
Hi Linda - I was thinking and sending warm thoughts your way during your hiatus! Wonderful news that they can provide care at home for hubby. It's much less stressful for him! Having home caregivers will also give you short breaks and mental health support during his care.

I'm definitely in!!

xxoo

thanks for the kind thoughts hon
I am so glad you are joining us again Linda

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am just checking in dear freinds

mgiov
mgiov 
Governor
mgiov
  • mgiov on 04-15-19 04:35 AM
In response to anda11

I'm in!
Just back from a scrappy cruise and here's the one layout I did that was not class-related, just done for fun.
My grandmother a long, long time ago...

(Thanks so much for hosting this, Linda. Hopefully, I can be a little less MIA around here...)

Dreamer By Mgiov

Governor
In response to mgiov

Peggy - A fabulous creation! Which scrap cruise did you take? I have one on my bucket list, but think we need to do Spain first and hopefully this year. If I can get this together, I'll be able to spend a week traveling VIP with a group to watch the Vuelta (the Spanish version of Tour de France and the last of third leg of GC which is similar to the last race and hopes of winning the Triple Crown at the Preakness. One of the stages ends in the town of Acebo, which is ground zero of our family tree back in 692 AD. We'll also be able for Hubby to see his daughter after 20+ years.

Linda - busy doing tag cards for the girls at the office for Administrative Professional Day next Wednesday. I'm planning on scrapping ALL weekend.

mgiov
mgiov 
Governor
mgiov
  • mgiov on 04-16-19 03:31 AM
In response to boricuapr

Thanks for your sweet words, Linda!

The cruise was a 9-day out of Miami, stopping at Labadee, Aruba, Curacao, Bonaire and then back home. I do mean to scrap a lot of the pics I took; let's hope that it gets done, lol!!!!

Your plans to Spain to watch the race and then to visit your ancestral home sounds wonderful. Even more wonderful will be your plans for your husband; fingers crossed that it all comes to be!

Hugs,
Peggy

Governor
In response to mgiov

Most of the embellies are made so now to keep look for the pic and select the background paper. My die set arrived yesterday, but can't use it until I find the pic

May be faster to see if I scanned and saved it to my photo drive.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics