Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: June VLB (Very Laid Back)--Loving the Love        (Topic#1676077)
Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to dancinirish90

At least you are getting it done! I was going to do my kids baby books and work forward and they both told me they really didn't want them so I figured - why bother? I would be working on them if they wanted them some day, but neither seem interested.

I made a book for my mother's 90th birthday that is a family book with all the family pictures in it. Its digital and I was happy with the way it turned out.

Both of the boys wanted a copy of that so it has some of their baby pictures. Not all, but all the best ones. And has their grandparents, me, their cousins and great grandparents and they seem to love those so I guess I'm not going to scrap their baby pictures and children's books.

I had hoped they would get excited and want them some day. But not so.

You do such beautiful work Lisa - I bet Cassie is thrilled to look at them and know some day you may give them to her.

Tena E.
Angel
Tena E.
In response to Henri Jean

Hi everyone...wow! so much chatter and great pages to get caught up on.

Been busy here with getting appointments out the way, things around the house done and little things for the wedding. I'm decorating Anitra's card box for the reception and I'm making me and her future mother-in-law t-shirts to wear for the rehearsal dinner since it's not going to be a formal affair, just family. So no scrapping time for me right now...but still hoping to get a couple more before the month is over.

Bev, hope you have a great trip with your family.

I'm off to start catching up

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to Tena E.

Have had two wonderful busy days in Prague. Beautiful city. Enjoying the history, food, and ambiance. Lots of walking. Only negative—temperatures into the 90s with high humidity. Tomorrow going to a concentration camp—always a sobering but meaningful day.

Am enjoying your lo’s and your chatter.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to scrapperbee

Glad you are enjoying Prague. We thought it was a beautiful city! We loved it!

godschild94
Governor
godschild94

Bev, it sounds like you are having an amazing time on your trip. I can't imagine going to a concentration camp though...the Holocaust Museum in Jerusalem was awful enough.

Dropping off several new layouts to share. These are all from yesterday and today. I just counted and I've done 20 layouts since June 1st....crazy!

Spook-tacular 2013 By Godschild94

The Next Chapter By Godschild94

Round & Round By Godschild94

Hello Fall - Conor By Godschild94

Lunch Time By Godschild94

Space Mountain By Godschild94

Off to catch up on giving love!

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to godschild94

On way to Terezin. Free WiFi so getting acu.

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira

Hello friends. This week has been so busy and hectic both at work and at home. Getting ready for a big fathers day bbq at my house on Sunday (about 15 or so folks).
Doggy went to get spayed yesterday so there's that in the mix as well.
Heavy shower of rain just passed through here and I think I'm gonna just go flake out on the couch shortly.

Talk soon. I have a layout I've been working on since the weekend and I don't know why but it's just not coming together at all. So I decided to just walk away from it for a few days. Hopefully I will have something to share soon.

Take care, have a good evening.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to cveira

Back on Tahiti Pages - this one is brand new.

At first this book - part 2, would have Tahiti and the cruise to New Zealand, and then home. However, there were so many Tahiti pages done, and so many yet to do, that I completely redid the cover and used a picture that was actually taken in Tahiti - so this is 100% new.

Now Book 2 of South Pacific Adventure is just Tahiti.

There are already comments on it because I discarded the previous title page for this book in the gallery and put this in its place to keep things in order. Does that make sense? That way this is the first page of Tahiti is in order in the gallery.

114 - Title Page Book 64 - South Pacific Adventure - Part 2 By Henri Jean

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Bill is excited holding the bag of cheese because it says Maasdam - which is the cruise ship the 4 of us just got off of and Bill and I would be getting back on. We are with our friend Gilles (from Canada) and Hakima (from Paris) although they live in Canada now.

We met on the cruise from Ft. Lauderdale - on the first day of the cruise - and Gilles and Bill became chess partners. Hakima and I took a lot of pictures and really enjoyed editing them together and sharing our photos.

Coincidently, when we got off the ship we planned to stay in Tahiti for 28 days and they had planned to stay for 2 months. Our Airbnb's were 10 minutes from each other and we did all of our sightseeing together. They rented a car - we paid for gas and food. We even had a picnic together.

We really got along great and had a blast together!

We were on a 2 1/2 month vacation all together and they were on the road for 8 months. In fact they sold their house and their cars before starting their 8-month vacation and had to buy new cars and a house when they got home. They told everyone they were homeless!

He has his own company - he created the French version of Words With Friends (not the same company) so on the ship he had full time internet access because he constantly had to tweak it if there were issues with the website.

Anyway, these are 4 layouts I did last night. I'm having trouble getting creative with the Tahiti layouts, but I'm determined to get them done. My cruise books have all been theme oriented and formatted and I find I'm enjoying that a lot more than all these random photos.

232 Tahiti By Henri Jean

I really loved the Fantan Raisin Cola - drank a lot of it when I was there. We call it grape here, but this was better than our Fantan Grape - more flavor!

233 Tahiti By Henri Jean

The two pages side-by-side. This is very odd - I put the wrong picture in first and changed it in my gallery. When you look in my gallery, the correct layout is there and when you click on the photo here, it opens to show the correct layout, but in the thread, it stays with the old picture. So you have to click on this to see them side by side - the correct ones.

233 Tahiti - Both Sides By Henri Jean

At the waterfall with Gilles and Hakima.

234 Tahiti By Henri Jean

Love the picture of Hakima taking a picture of Bill and me. We were right there as the sun was going down. Pretty - but not spectacular.

Hakima wrote Tahiti in the sand, as well as Bill + Henri and Gilles + Hakima.

235 Tahiti By Henri Jean

Both sides:

235 Tahiti - Both Sides By Henri Jean

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

In Vienna. Our hotel is right in the middle of everything—perfect. Had traditional Viennese food. Took dgs to the prater amusement park. He loved it. Tomorrow we take hopon hop off. And supposed to be on 90s tomorrow. We’ll see.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Sounds like fun Bev. I've only been to the train station in Vienna to change trains. That is in a super bad part of town so even though we had time, we didn't get out to look around.

Bill walked across the street to a McDonalds to get food for us - didn't want me leaving the safety of the terminal and his wallet was stolen.

I've heard wonderful things about Vienna, just not around the train station!

nvmagpie
Governor
nvmagpie

It's Friday again! Leaving in the morning to continue our travels. Will check in as I can.

Dropping off this LO I did the other day. Also did a card but don't have time now to upload.

Delicious! By Nvmagpie

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to nvmagpie

236 Tahiti By Henri Jean

237 Tahiti By Henri Jean

237 Tahiti - Both Sides By Henri Jean

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90

I did one - this is a lift I've been planning to do since I saw the original, which can be seen here (public embedding is off): original LO by Laura Vegas

Here's mine:
Text Message By Dancinirish90

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

Loved Vienna!!! Leaving for Budapest in morning. Not taking many pictures except for family. But between three of us taking pictures should have enough.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Thanks for the compliment on the pearls Lisa. I wanted one single pearl. I wanted a black pearl, but in the blue color to match earrings I got the last time in Tahiti.

However, Bill was drawn to the strands. Black pearls come in all colors, which I didn't know. They all come from the black lipped oyster in the South Pacific and depending on where it embeds and grows inside the oyster shell determines the color. The black ones aren't black like onyx - they are a muddy gray or muddy brown and I didn't want them in black because the black ones aren't that stunning. (Those are the ones that are really close to the opening in the black lipped oyster shell I think.) However, they are about half the cost - so much more affordable than the colors.

The multi color are much more desirable in the black pearls.

The entire month we were there we pearl shopped and finally decided on that strand! I was completely shocked!

We set up a budget for what Bill was comfortable paying for the pearls and he blew his budget out of the water. I was looking for a single pearl and you can see what he did!

I am really enjoying it. I used to see the old Leave It To Beaver and Donna Reed and other shows - they vaccumed wearing their pearls and I always thought that was so silly. Not anymore.

Pearls came from the ocean and need humidity to maintain their luster that comes from wearing them. The more you wear them, the prettier the luster stays. If you wear them all the time, that is excellent for the pearls. They thrive on the humidity or dampness in your skin. That is why they always wore them. They knew it was best for the pearls. Putting them in a drawer or safe and leaving them there is horrible for pearls. Black, multi-colored or white!

Vacuuming in high heals (which tv mom's did so well in the 60's) and cooking dinner and doing house work in high heels - that is another story.

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira

checking in and getting caught up. Yesterday was a busy day.

We had planned our own family Father's Day celebration but my sister at the last minute told me she had a catering job for 60 people in the morning, and on top of it her oven had broken down (she also runs a cafeteria for an office close to 200 people providing breakfasts and lunches and coffee breaks mon to frid ) so usually that would usually be considered a really small job. But without the industrial ovens it was not an easy job to say the least. Anyway, she came over to my house and after prepping most of the stuff overnight and together we including my mom just got everything going for her 1 pm deadline Sunday and then we finished up our own stuff (for about 16 people) by time everyone arrived for 4pm. My legs feel as if they don't belong to me. The kitchen and rest of the house is a wreck but it was a good day.

At home working today. Layout still on my desk from last unfinished. Mojo gone missing. Have a great day ladies.

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to cveira

wow Christine...that sounds like a whole bunch of craziness! I am glad you got it all done and had a good time with family. Hoping you can get some rest after all that.

I'm dropping off some more layouts. I am loving this streak I'm on!

Fall Blooms By Godschild94

Party Time 2013 By Godschild94

Celebrate You By Godschild94

Adventure Awaits 2013 By Godschild94

Give Thanks By Godschild94

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to godschild94

Wow Christine - How awesome of you and your mom to help! I hope your sister's oven if fixed quickly. Sounds like she really needs it!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

I know it is late in the month to join, but I have started trying to finish some pages again, and I would love to share if it is ok. Here is one I just finished. I will catch up with everyone's layouts later today.

Addi By Lcmemories

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to lcmemories

I love your work - and the photos are precious! Thank you for sharing!

nvmagpie
Governor
nvmagpie

Hi everyone! We pulled into the RV park in Grants yesterday. We managed to get partially set up before it started to pour. Then it would stop for a while and we would go out and do more. Finally got everything set up.

My cousin is coming over today and we are going to visit with him for a while.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to nvmagpie

Glad you got it all set up in spite of the rain.

Enjoy your visit with your cousin!

nvmagpie
Governor
nvmagpie

MMS page 6

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira

• lcmemories Said:
I know it is late in the month to join, but I have started trying to finish some pages again, and I would love to share if it is ok. Here is one I just finished. I will catch up with everyone's layouts later today.

Oh Laura it's fantastic to see you over here. This is my second month back here after being gone a long long time and I'm loving it. Looking forward to seeing some layouts with Sam - He's doing awesome stuff, you must be so proud.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to cveira

Thanks Christine! I am excited to be back. We had Sam's senior casual photo session today. I am very proud of him!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to nvmagpie

Thanks Henri!!

Samothrace
Idol
Samothrace

Dropping off a few before I go to bed. I still need to catch up on love and chatter!

Frosty Fun By Samothrace

Dreams come true By Samothrace

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics