Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: July New Layouts and Cards        (Topic#1676199)
lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to OnlyJane

Happy Monday everyone!

It finally cooled off here a little with all of the rain and clouds from Barry. We had light rain for a couple of days, and then scattered showers today. Nothing bad though.

Danielle, your camping trip sounds like it was fun.

Terry, I love your cards. Beautiful!

Denise, I hope you had a safe trip.

Jane, your Michael's sounds a lot like the one near me.

Anna, new jobs are always hard. Thinking of you.

I did not sleep well last night, so I am going to bed early. Talk to everyone tomorrow

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to lcmemories

(Creeps in quietly) Sorry for disappearing and I hope it's alright that I came back. I went on vacation from work at the end of June and things got really while I was on vacation. My dad had been feeling under the weather but he thought it was just a cold or allergies. He wound up in the hospital with bacterial pneumonia and a secondary blood infection while I was on vacation from the lab. The infection made his afib and COPD much worse than they already are so he was in the hospital for quite a while. I was going between visiting my dad at the hospital and staying with my 91 year old grandmother at home (she won't eat if she's home alone) when I wasn't at work.

They sent my dad home with visiting nurses, physical therapists, and respiratory therapy. The nurses trained my mom and I to give my dad antibiotics through a port they put in...but he had a severe allergic reaction to the massive doses of antibiotics...which landed him back in the hospital. He's out now and home recovering. Thank you for all the prayers and I promise not to disappear again!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to DNA301

Ashley I am so sorry that happened to your dad. Glad to know he is finally home and on the road to recovery. I will continue to think of you and your family and keep them in my prayers that your dad continues to heal quickly.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

hello and good morning

when we got back from are campping trip I wash the dogs I always do when we go campping because they are dirty. well later last night we clean the grage wash it out. well today walk the dogs and go to the gym. I talk to my mom last night. the guy is going to start on are patio and the cement for are shed.

well hope everyone has a nice Tuesday

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to southern lady

Morning---yesterday I said I had no expectations for what to do or what would happen and I think I like thinking like that! Made for a quiet day until I had to straighten out a T-shirt order with our silk screen lady. Today I get to fight with the medical ins over that bill from 2017---lucky me!!

Anna: how's this week going? Hope it's getting easier especially the commute!
Ashley---who sneaks back in! Of course you are still welcome and know that we all were very worried about you and your Dad!!! Poor guy---he's been thru so much lately and now I hope he's healing! What a vacation you had!!! And how is your little grandma feeling?
Cathe: hope you are having fun and it's not too hot! Have you decided on the route to get out here to Portland yet?
Cheryl: how's your week going? Who watches the kids now that you work mostly days?
Danielle: I can imagine just how dirty the dogs can get! Our labs will track in all kinds of outdoor stuff and that's even here at the house. Yea, the work starts on the she shed!!
Denise: hope your small trip is going well.
Jane: I hate Michaels and I only go there for glues. And don't get me start on JoAnn's!!! Those people cringe when I walk into the door because I hate their laziness and the disgusting way they run the local store. I have been rather vocal in past trips so now I just grit my teeth.
Laura: I have sleepless nights about 1 every 5-6 days. Can't figure out why either.

Have a great day ladies!

OnlyJane
Mayor
OnlyJane
In response to Abby0317

Good afternoon,
Another hot day, tomorrow we are suppose to have some heavy rain from the left over Hurricane Barry. Things are quiet today, dh will be home, he is only working two days a week for awhile so my alone time isn't much. Terry our J's updated their store and the workers seem helpful and efficient but the scrappy section is filled with lots of old stuff. We use to have a wonderful scrapbook store but the owner had some family health issues and needed to sell and no one was interested in buying her store. Danielle your she shed sounds nice, I am not sure if I would like being isolated from the house though, right now when I do something crafty I have a bedroom to use, but end up doing lots on the kitchen table as our kitchen is open and flows into the family room so to speak. Ashley glad your back and will think good thoughts that your Dad continues to improve. I better gp and get a few things done before dh arrives. Hi to everyone else, hope your day is a good one.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to OnlyJane

Hi! I had a weird day at the lab today. We were overstaffed (that's different...last summer we were terribly understaffed) and a bunch of techs decided to not play nicely together. They got into a big argument over how to run the area they were working in and I thought two of the female techs were going to come to blows. Sometimes the lab can be a weird place LOL!

Terry- My grandmother's doing very well. As a matter of fact, she's on a seven day cruise with a bunch of senior citizens from our church to Bermuda this week!

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae
In response to DNA301

So sorry about your dad Ashley... June and July were insane for me as well. My CHF is out of remission and I've been in and out of the hospital, and last Monday my step father passed away. My head is still rightfully spinning from everything... including a dear friend being diagnosed with terminal cancer and through all this I've managed not to lose my mind... It's the scrapbooking and card making, it's therapy. My podcast is woefully behind in schedule and I'm scrambling this week to put together a kick butt one that will hopefully make it up to my listeners that I've been gone. But I have a pretty loyal following.

Sorry I haven't been on here, haven't really been able to sit up at the desk to use lap top lately, and in all honesty I've been depressed with everything that 's been going on. Ok, not going to be a Debbi Downer here... I do have some wonderful news, I'm going to be an Auntie again, my brother and his wife are having a little girl in October! A little sister for Jackson. He's five and currently thinks the world revolves around him.

David, my besties Lars and Tammy and I all went to Santa Cruz to camp for my birthday. OMG, it was so much fun. I so needed that. 47 isn't that bad. The 4th was quiet BBQ family pyrotechnics as I was in between hospital stays.I am so done... stick a fork in me. Then last week I collapsed in Panera, and when I got to the hospital my mother had texted me that my step dad passed away. He was such a good guy, stepped up to be a dad to my brother and I, and loved us all equally. He has a daughter from a previous marriage that I consider my sister, and he and my mom had my younger brother Matthew together. I know, it's late, I've been on post angio gram CHF quarantine for an upper respiratory infection. Gotta love autoimmune disorders... not. I swear, you can't make this stuff up, I can write a book just about the past two weeks.

I need a scrapbooking vacation somewhere on the Puget Sound with the view of Mt. Rainier and the waters of Alki Beach... a cool rain, and a fireplace roaring.... sigh...

I always feel welcome here. love you guys!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Kimberly Rae

Good morning!

We are in the midst of a heat wave here.

Welcome back Ashley....you know you are always welcome here. And we missed you and were worried about you. So glad you Dad is home and doing better. I bet your grandmother is having a blast on her cruise!

Hi Kimberly! So sorry your life has been so stressful. Very sorry for your loss and I do hope you are feeling better. And I am right there with you....I would love a scrapping/card making vacay!

Terry, commute is getting easier. And so is the job. It is what it is until I can find something else. Bucky received his paperwork to file his legal claim against his former employer. No guarantee that he will get his money but at least he is on the list.

Hi Cathe, Cheryl, Denise, Danielle, Jane, and Laura. Hope everyone has a great day.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Sorry I haven’t been able to check in. Yes, it is hot and humid here. Feel like temps the rest of this week 105.

Welcome Laura!! I am Cheryl. I am a registered nurse and am an instructor in the education department at a local hospital. I am married and husband is on dialysis and has lots of health issues. I have 2 children and 6 grandchildren. I like to run for health and fun!!

Terry - Zoey and Zeke are at their dad’s house. He has temporary custody. I get them 4 nights a week so they can be with their mom. We have court tomorrow and I have no idea what may transpire.

Off to work shortly. Needless to say I am not having any scrapping time lately.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to cdjohnson

hello and good morning

well another hot day here. I try to walk the dogs early in the morning before it get hot here. well going to the gym later on and need to mow the lawn today. I haven't been make cards in a long time and I am not been scrapbook lot lately.

hope everyone has a great wedensday

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Ashley, I hate it when people get in petty arguments at work. At the same time, as long as I am not involved, I kind of want someone to pass me the popcorn while I watch in amazement.

Since November, I have been running a branch office in Flowood, MS (a suburb of Jackson), and I am completely alone. I plug in remotely to the central office in Mobile, AL, and other than telephone calls, emails, and court appearances, I work in blissful silence most days. It has really reduced the amount of drama and stress in my life.

Kimberly, it is nice to "meet" you. I am so sorry to hear about your stepdad. I hope your health issues get better too. Your dream vacation sounds blissful.

Great to meet you too Cheryl! Your life sounds a little hectic right now. I hope everything at the hearing goes ok.

Well, I think it is hot everywhere. I am finally seeing sunshine after several days of rain and overcast weather. So, as I sit in my air conditioned office, I am smiling at the sunshine peeping through my window. Sunny days and blue skies make me happy.

Have a great day everyone!

OnlyJane
Mayor
OnlyJane

Good morning everyone,
Raining hard off and on, suppose to do this all day long, at least the temps won't go too high but the humidity will. Not sure what is on the agenda today, no yardwork for sure (lol).

Cheryl I hope all works out good for your daughter and the children. Thank goodness your able to help them. How is your dh doing?

Ashley how is your Dad today?

Anna is it getting better for you at your new job? Did your dh work for Blackjewel by any chance? I was reading on line that the Attorney General for the states of Kentucky and Virginia were in the process of getting the money back from all the bounced checks, plus helping people with any bank fees, child support, etc., that was caused by this situation. What was interesting the internet article ended with the company planned on coming back with a smaller workforce.

Danielle do you enjoy mowing? I use to, but now my older son mows for me which I appreciate. He has one of these large commercial mowers and gets the yard done in record time. Our yard is hilly so there is no way I can do it on a riding mower.

Terry how is your newest dog doing, Cricket (hope I got the name correct). Think in the fall will start looking for another dog. Would like a rescue but this time need to be sure it will be good with young children as now having a grandchild puts a whole different thinking on having a pet.

Hi to Laura, Cathe, and Denise.

Everyone have a great day.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to OnlyJane

Since it's payday, it's also grocery day here. We are finally getting some good watermelons and I'm craving them right now.
It certainly isn't hot here thankfully---about a high of 74 with cloudy skies and a bit of rain tho not much. My kind of weather!!

Anna: what was the company's reason for bankruptcy? I ask because as we travelled thru WY this year, the coal mines in Gillette were on full run...there were trainloads of coal going out. I'm glad you have the paperwork to get paid!!
Ashley: Brings a smile to me to envision your little nonna on a cruise. Just how cool is that! I absolutely hated work place drama and backstabbing. I prefer to work with men as that doesn't happen.
Cheryl: OM, I'm sorry to hear about the kids. I hope it all goes well for you and for them at the court hearing. I know when Danny divorced Pina in January, it was relief that Emma was old enough to tell the judge what she wanted and they did it.
Jane: yes it is Cricket and she's such a sweet little one. I accidentally ran over her fur yesterday with my desk chair. She squealed and backed away from me as I reached to comfort her. I could imagine she was thinking " why did you hurt me"! We thought about rescue dogs but the only ones here were older or pit bulls.
Laura: I would have loved working alone when I was in the workplace. Actually, I spent 25 yrs working from my home or when I had to go in, I worked with hubby & his crew so I really loved it.
Kimberly: sorry about your health problems and my sincere condolences as well. You wouldn't see Mt Rainier today! We actually haven't had too many clear days in the last 2 mos. Did you come from Seattle? I love see Mt Rainier from Puget Sound or the Strait of Juan de Fuca when I'm on a ferry headed to Victoria BC....reminds me I need to go back as it's been a couple of years.

Have a good day!!!

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae
In response to Abby0317

Terry, i was stationed at Subase Kitsap for 3 years, it was my first duty station, and the Seattle area is where I met and fell in love with my husband some 24+ years ago, he was in the Navy as well.

Lauren, nice to meet you as well! This is a very friendly group. You'll feel at home in no time at all.

I'm still trying to catch up, I have anesthesia brain so forgive me if I'm a little behind...

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Kimberly Rae

hello and good morning

well nothing much here another hot day here today. walk the dogs and then go to the gym later on. I wish my parents would come out here soon but it just hard for them seen my mom can't drive any more and it a long drive from californa to Idaho. hopeful they will be able to come out here I like there visit when they come out here.

OnlyJane - no I don't enjoy mowing are back yard because it a lot of grass. I have to do it because I don't work and to help my husband out. he edge for me seen I can't do it. my dad was tell me that I need a drive mower for the back yard. it gives me some more excise which I need it.

hope everyone has a great thrusday

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

Just ci...nothing going on here that's for sure!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

Nothing new happened at court today. Another date set in 2 weeks. At this point, it is what it is.

OnlyJane
Mayor
OnlyJane
In response to cdjohnson

Hello everyone,

Sure is humid today - ugh. Had lunch at Cracker Barrel today with two of my friends, we had fun catching up with each other. Other than that, nothing else going on like Terry mentioned.

Cheryl sorry that court did not result in a way that would have been positive for your daughter and grandkids, Hopefully the next court date will be the good one for you.

Danielle that is nice though that you do mow for dh. A regular self propelled lawn mower that you walk behind does give you great exercise but when it is hot and humid out it is the pits.

Hope everyone has a great day, stay cool!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to OnlyJane

Hello.

Back home. Everything looked good. Hubby will go back Sunday to receive the furniture and the new fridge and put the furniture in place. This has taken so long. Will also get the security company back in to reset the security equipment and all since we had countess workers in and out. Thought about changing the locks but that gets expensive with them all on one key. The system will alert us if anyone goes in and doesn't know the code then alerts the cops.

Cheryl, sorry about the hearing. Hugs.

Danielle sounds like you had fun camping.

Ashley, WELCOME BACK we missed you. Happy your dad is better.

They put my mom on a nebulizer, an antibiotic, and prednisone for her COPD for 30 days. It has helped her so much! Yay wish I knew how this happened to her. She never smoked nor lived with anyone that did. Must have been second hand smoke.

Hello to you all.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to rockmom

Hi! It's about a million degrees here in NYC (Ok...that's an over exaggeration...it's in the high 90s but it feels like its 103 out) and it's super humid all the time. We keep having storms on and off. Today I was supposed to walk to cover the windowless lab and then come back to the hospital. I managed to miss the rain both times but, according to my mom, it rained most of the day otherwise.

Kimberly- I'm sorry to hear about all the craziness in your life as well! What I need is a week to just read, color, and play video games LOL! Plus probably get some crafty projects finished that I keep meaning to work on.

Laura- I'm all for the madness at the lab where I work (part of the problem is the staff is like 95% women and things get petty really quickly) as long as I'm not involved. Once I get dragged into things, I just want to crawl under the bench and hide for the rest of the day.

Jane- My dad's quite grumpy lately. Because of the hot weather, we have air quality advisories in effect so he's stuck in the house a lot of the time. What he really wants to do is drive and he's not allowed to drive just yet.

Denise- My dad was a smoker so that's partly why he has COPD but the other part is that he's very heavy. It put a lot of stress on his lungs and heart according to his pulmonologist.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to DNA301

It has been a little hectic the last few days. I am trying to help Sam with some of the stuff for his senior year. There are also some projects at work I have been putting off and now I have to dig in and get those done. I am feeling a little overwhelmed.

I was supposed to have lunch with a friend yesterday, but she had an emergency come up at the last minute. She wanted me to order for her, and she would just be a little late. After I ordered, she texted and said she could not come. So, I ended up getting everything to go. She called later and wanted to stop by my work and maybe eat and chat then. So, I made arrangements for that. Afterward, she said she would just buy my lunch next time, and thanked me for getting her lunch. Ok then. Yeah, it was that kind of day. Hoping today is better.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

I was surfing thru the news and saw an alert that basically said the whole country is going to boil for the next few days. I cannot believe Omaha was 117! We will have a heat surge to maybe 89 deg. I love the NW!!!

I finished a bracelet yesterday and plan to pull some weeds today and maybe start a birthday card for Lauren. Since most things are "not her style" I think I have the perfect card for her. She announced to everyone at the age of 13 that she was gay---I don't have a problem there except she was 13! So I'm incorporating the Pride colors in her card.

Ashley: I seem to remember back in Jan you were praying for hot weather! Stay safe in the heat!!
Cheryl: I feel your pain as I went to many court hearing with Danny that ended up re-scheduled for whatever reason. Maddening!
Laura: you did have a bad day! Wow....

Hope everyone can stay cool today....

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

Yep, its hot!

Ashley, my mom isn't overweight, in fact way, way under at 73 pounds!! The prednisolone makes her hungry so that's good. So sorry your dad is suffering and antsy to get out. That's so hard. Poor guy.

Hello everyone.

OnlyJane
Mayor
OnlyJane
In response to Abby0317

Good Afternoon,
88 here, feels like 99! Did not stay out for long, thank goodness for a/c. I feel for the ones in the big cities that don't have air. Heard in some places they are setting up shelters with a/c for them to go to, hope they can.

Ashley stay cool! Sorry your Dad feels grumpy but he has been through some hard stuff. It is interesting though that smoking has always been bad or since they figured it out, and they have never backtracked on it. Even second smoke causes problems for non smokers. Denise mentioned that her Mom did not smoke but has COPD. Other things like butter, eggs become one day they are great, next day nope - back and forth.

Laura you really had one of those days yesterday. Hope today runs smoothly for you.

Terry, weed pulling, when you finish come on over to see me and do mine - I will let you go through my scrappy stash and take as much as you would like (lol).

Denise, Danielle, Cathe, Cheryl and Anna hope your day is going well, remember it is TGIF and the weekend begins!!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to OnlyJane

hello and good afternoon

I walk the dogs this morning and went and work out. today little breezy here today. well there get a start on are back patio the guy here get it ready and then they have to get the ground level for the pad for my shed here.

hope everyone has a nice Friday

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics