On September 5th, we will be retiring the forums and replacing them with a new discussion platform.
[Click here for more details.]
Username Post: ATTENTIOn: Forums will be replaced.        (Topic#1676339)
ELLANVANNIN
Governor
ELLANVANNIN

In the coming weeks, we will be retiring the forums and replacing them with a new discussion platform. When we have a specific date for the change we will post an update. We know that you may have questions about this change and how it might affect your experience at Scrapbook.com.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to ELLANVANNIN

Yup, seen this. It pops up in every tab you open so nobody should miss it or be surprised by it. I'm excited to see the changes! Wish they could've done it at the beginning of a month so we don't have to repost challenges but that small issue aside, it should definitely function better. Oh, and maybe we'll be able to use ALL emojis? That would be nice.

ELLANVANNIN
Governor
ELLANVANNIN
In response to mrsmiller

I love your positive attitude (and I always have one too) but I'm not that optimist this time, mainly because there's no way to know which challenges will survive and the switch will be in the middle of the month. It would have been better to start at the beginning of one. Looks like it's going to be messy for a while.
Hope you're right and I'm wrong.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

EMBRACE THE CHANGE!

ELLANVANNIN
Governor
ELLANVANNIN
In response to mrsmiller

I'm afraid the change will embrace me and suffocate me!

don1
don1 
Pro
don1
  • don1 on 08-01-19 07:38 PM

I don't do well with change. I just bought a new (used) car. It has the keyless entry and no ignition key, but I still reach in my pocket for the key and even move to turn the car on where the ignition should be. I will get used to the push button start, just as I will figure out the unknown changes here. I just won't like it.

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to don1

I don't mind the change, I feel like this place is getting stale...
but I wish I knew more what they meant by discussion boards?

ELLANVANNIN
Governor
ELLANVANNIN
In response to Doreena

NOTE: I'm not trying to discourage anyone from posting now, I just want everybody to know that you may have to re-post everything in a few weeks. That's it. Whatever anyone decides is OK.

Vivian Lake
Diva
Vivian Lake

IMO, if your challenges have no prizes then I personally don't feel like this is a huge bummer. I do not feel in any way that I would have to "re-post".

September will be here before we know it anyway, hopefully giving us plenty of time to learn the new platform.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Vivian Lake

Im very worried about the swap boards.
I’ve hosted many wonderful swaps over the years and made so many wonderful friends..
I will be devastated if they do away with the swap forums.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to bonprof

• bonprof Said:
Im very worried about the swap boards.
I’ve hosted many wonderful swaps over the years and made so many wonderful friends..
I will be devastated if they do away with the swap forums.

Send a message and ask. Then they'll know it's important to you as well as to others and you won't have to wait and see what happens.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to mrsmiller

Thank you, I did.
They said they don’t know as yet...,

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to bonprof

Oh. Well, at least they know someone cares about it.

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to mrsmiller

I was so surprised and then again...not surprised! As you all have surely noticed---the participation is way down gradually over the years and more noticeably in the past couple of years.

I happen to think the forum format is great except when they are not kept up-then they ARE difficult to follow. What I mean by that is the updating and removal of old/completed topics.

Many people do challenges and swaps on facebook, Instagram etc...I made myself thoroughly familiar with those 2 but I find THOSE difficult to follow as if no one responds to a post it moves quickly down the feed making it so time consuming to find!!!

Like Donna, I also have run ATC swaps for a lot of years and recently extended the format due to my mother's health and my traveling to her so that I could run it again! I just love the fun of it! -I just canceled the AUG/SEPT to wait to see what happens.

I was happy to see that they are still going to have a "discussion platform" Not too much longer until we know! You ladies have been a true light in my life!!!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to MarciLB

Marci,

nvmagpie
Governor
nvmagpie
In response to mrsmiller

Oh dear - more change. I am hopeful that it will go smoothly but changes with computers always seem to have some glitches.

I am concerned about private messages - says there will no longer be any. I am not happy about it. Also, not sure how it will affect some of the challenges I like to participate in - even if they don't have prizes.

Guess we will have to wait and see.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to nvmagpie

Maybe there will be all sorts of cool new features!?

Honestly, with my OCD you would think I'd be resistant to change and anything technological freaks me out - I have a tracfone. That being said, I can't believe that the awesome folks running this site would do anything to drive any of us away. Seriously, it's going to be ok. I trust these people.

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to nvmagpie

• nvmagpie Said:
Oh dear - more change. I am hopeful that it will go smoothly but changes with computers always seem to have some glitches.

I am concerned about private messages - says there will no longer be any. I am not happy about it. Also, not sure how it will affect some of the challenges I like to participate in - even if they don't have prizes.

You misread...
there WILL be Private Messaging capabilities, they are just sayin the existing PMs won't migrate over to the new system (see copy and paste below):

"What will happen with my private messages?
Your private message history will no longer be accessible. If there is any information you need from your current private messages, please make sure to save that information before the old system is retired. You will be able to send new individual private messages after the switch."

Edited by Doreena on 08-02-19 12:57 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
Maybe there will be all sorts of cool new features!?

Honestly, with my OCD you would think I'd be resistant to change and anything technological freaks me out - I have a tracfone. That being said, I can't believe that the awesome folks running this site would do anything to drive any of us away. Seriously, it's going to be ok. I trust these people.

Fellow OCD Sufferer here, who is also looking forward to the changes!!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Doreena

Don’t get me wrong..
I am open to change and like Marci said, a lot of this old inactive stuff needs to be cleaned out. Im just worried about some of the precious features that make us unique..
OCD works in many ways.
I have it. Too much change can throw me into a complete tizzy!
Thank you for letting me share.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to Doreena

I hate change until I get used to it.

I still have an iPhone 4S because just the thought of updating my phone drives me nuts. And I go into a deep depression when I have to get a new computer. When I got my computer with windows 7 it sat in the box for 6 or 7 months, but finally I took classes and learned to love it. Same with WIndows 10 - that computer sat in the box for months, then I took classes to learn to use it. Now I love it.

Sometimes its not the change, as much as the aprehension of not knowing what we will be giving up and how easy the new site will be to navagate.

I belong to the Cruise Critic site which I loved for years. We all chatted about upcoming cruises and shared information.

They have updated and changed it several years ago and now it is slower than molasses and I can't find anything, it jams up and freezes and very few people use it anymore compared to the number who were there before the new and updated "easier to use" version that no one can figure out.

The new site may be better - and I'm hoping it is, it is just getting familiar with it that I dread.

The people here are awesome, but it doesn't sound like they have complete control over what is going to happen, what will transfer, what won't - in some ways they are in the dark like we are to see how this all plays out.

My take on it is that what we are currently using is being discontinued and no one knows quite what to expect form the new platform we will be using.

I'm going to enjoy my boards and check in when the new system is here with high expectations! But I'm not excited.

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to Henri Jean

Henri said: "Sometimes its not the change, as much as the apprehension of not knowing what we will be giving up and how easy the new site will be to navigate. "

EXACTLY Henri! I always says it is the anticipation-USUALLY unnecessary worry which is what I have found throughout my life so in my later years (LOL!) I try not to think about what I cannot change and try to be as open as I can to figuring out SOME of the new stuff....

Funny but it seems a lot of us are OCD!!!- I am a neat freak but since again, in my later years (LOL!) I cannot see as well, it has softened!!!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to bonprof

• bonprof Said:
Don’t get me wrong..
I am open to change and like Marci said, a lot of this old inactive stuff needs to be cleaned out. Im just worried about some of the precious features that make us unique..
OCD works in many ways.
I have it. Too much change can throw me into a complete tizzy!
Thank you for letting me share.

Oh, I COMPLETELY understand! There are some things that can't be changed or I totally freak out. There are a few things I always have in a certain order and my family thought it was funny long ago to switch things around. Welp, they learned pretty quickly not to muck with me or they'd have to deal with my disorder. Sometimes people just don't understand.

ELLANVANNIN
Governor
ELLANVANNIN
In response to mrsmiller

Let me start by saying that I love the idea of a new platform, this one is really outdated.
So people can love the change, be afraid, have reservations, etc. but only once they "know" that a change will take place.
That was my only intention: let people know about the change. I didn't say it was something to fear nor negative.
I even apologized for maybe not expressing myself correctly. Well, it seems it was not enough.
I'm very sad at this moment and I'm going to paste below what I posted in other thread where I was called "hijacker" and accused of "possibly scaring people". Sorry but this really hurts.

I feel the need to vent a little so I apologize in advance but I'm in awe.
I'm appalled by the way this developed.
I just wanted everyone to know what was going to happen just in case they didn't see the banner because I didn't for a while.
I've been treated as if I was trying to force people to stop posting and nowhere in my comment I said something like that.
Some don't want to stop, some don't see a reason to re-post, some want to wait, some would like to re-post, and all options are absolutely OK!
The problem is that some act as if their choice is the "right" thing to do, and if you choose any other option you're like the enemy!
I've even received "condescending" PMs about stopping trying to convince people not to post!
I really can't believe this.
To say that I "hijacked" all the challenges is offensive.
I just tried to reach as much people as possible with the news. As I said, I didn't see the banner for a while so I did what I thought I would like others to do in the same case.
I simply copied the info and said what I was going to do, if others want to read what's not written it's up to them.
"Possibly scaring people"????? What's scary about saying that SB.com announced this and that some may have to re-post their creations??? Is that scary?????
I honestly thought I was helping others but....
This is so wrong in so many ways.
I'm hurt at this time so it's great that I will be away for a couple of weeks.
Thanks for letting me share.

BTW: I'm not going to read any PM from now on so don't write any to me, please.

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB

OMG Ana...I cant imagine....I read this post as you were bringing to our attention the banner at the top of the page-I did not read your post in any negative way at all...I am enjoying everyone's thoughts and feelings on the matter...I haven't seen anything negative to you in this thread!

So sorry you have had such negative reactions elsewhere!

ELLANVANNIN
Governor
ELLANVANNIN
In response to MarciLB

Thank you, Marci. I really need and appreciate kind words like yours right now.
This happened in a challenge thread you're participating in but you posted a lo a while ago and haven't visited since then.
Anyways I always learn lessons from situations like this.
I will miss not entering in the challenges this member hosts but there are so many others that it's going to be ok in the end.
BTW: I miss your challenges, always so original and different... just saying...
Thanks again.

Doreena
Queen
Doreena

• ELLANVANNIN Said:
Let me start by saying that I love the idea of a new platform, this one is really outdated.
So people can love the change, be afraid, have reservations, etc. but only once they "know" that a change will take place.
That was my only intention: let people know about the change. I didn't say it was something to fear nor negative.
I even apologized for maybe not expressing myself correctly. Well, it seems it was not enough.
I'm very sad at this moment and I'm going to paste below what I posted in other thread where I was called "hijacker" and accused of "possibly scaring people". Sorry but this really hurts.

I feel the need to vent a little so I apologize in advance but I'm in awe.
I'm appalled by the way this developed.
I just wanted everyone to know what was going to happen just in case they didn't see the banner because I didn't for a while.
I've been treated as if I was trying to force people to stop posting and nowhere in my comment I said something like that.
Some don't want to stop, some don't see a reason to re-post, some want to wait, some would like to re-post, and all options are absolutely OK!
The problem is that some act as if their choice is the "right" thing to do, and if you choose any other option you're like the enemy!
I've even received "condescending" PMs about stopping trying to convince people not to post!
I really can't believe this.
To say that I "hijacked" all the challenges is offensive.
I just tried to reach as much people as possible with the news. As I said, I didn't see the banner for a while so I did what I thought I would like others to do in the same case.
I simply copied the info and said what I was going to do, if others want to read what's not written it's up to them.
"Possibly scaring people"????? What's scary about saying that SB.com announced this and that some may have to re-post their creations??? Is that scary?????
I honestly thought I was helping others but....
This is so wrong in so many ways.
I'm hurt at this time so it's great that I will be away for a couple of weeks.
Thanks for letting me share.

BTW: I'm not going to read any PM from now on so don't write any to me, please.

No offense, though I know it will be taken as such, but posting in EVERY thread was overkill.
Just sayin'
Hate me if you want, but that's just my opinion

Even if you were "just trying to help" it's not exactly a life or death situation ... pretty sure we will survive the change, with or without notice.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to Doreena

I am the opposite Marci - I'm 70 now. I've always been a "casual" housekeeper. Wouldn't pass a white-glove inspection, but pretty clean. I think with kids, it was a loosing battle.

Now that I'm older I enjoy having friends here more, entertaining, and with just my husband and me, I tend to want it nice all the time. I'm picky about my house and want it to always look freshly cleaned when neighbors drop in.

I've just got a lot more particular about it. We are ready to do a major rennovation to the house so it will be even better for entertaining. I have very formal desserts for the different holidays for about 14-16 people and make 4 or 5 different desserts for each, (some old favorites but its a chance for me to try new recipes too.)

Just had cataract surgery and paid extra to have multi focal lense implanted inside my eye (not as brutal as it sounds) and my previously 20/70 vision is now 20/20 for close up and reading/computer and 20/30 for distance. Very happy.

I'm definitely on the OCD list - and that gets moreso as I get older. Its just odd to me that I'm turning into more of a perfectionist as I get older.

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB

LOL Henri! I LOVE the sounds of your entertaining and those desserts!!!-You are a bit too far from me when I have been in Florida this past 2 years on almost a monthly basis!!-darn!!!
My husband had that same procedure and is also 20/20-I don't even have cataracts starting-so I am suffering with glasses on ...glasses off...!

ppilgrim
Idol
ppilgrim
In response to MarciLB

I don't think posting the notice on every board was overkill, actually, given how "silo-ed" things are on the forums. Some folks (like me) don't get around to posting things on threads as often as we should and -- again, I'm as guilty of this an anyone -- don't check more than one or two threads each month anyway.

That said, this coming change is disconcerting in many ways. In particular, I find the lack of concrete info at this point suspicious. Are they withholding to avoid a back-lash, or are they just so screwed-up that they don't actually KNOW what's going to happen? Either possibility gives me the willies.

The other issue is an historical one. Who here remembers the day you woke up to Two Peas having imploded and gone off line without a moment's notice? Or, how about the horrendous mess Big Picture made of the transition to new ownership and the introduction of a subscription system? I've only been watching this industry for 10 years, but it's been a damned ugly decade in many ways. So yeah, actually, "scary" is not necessarily the wrong word.

AS for that pale yellow banner, what a joke! Anyone who's been on-line for any length of time has learned to automatically IGNORE banners. I honestly didn't see it until Marci's post about a canceled swap drew my attention to it. Fortunately, I always pay attention to Marci :-)

So, now we wait. In the meantime, remember that the forums and galleries are a perk, not a right. Scrapbook.com is a business, not a community organization and -- if you don't put your money where your mouth is by shopping here -- your right to complain about forum changes is questionable.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to ppilgrim

Peggy,
Loved your post!!!!
You really hit the nail on the head in so many ways.

Im 60 and have been scrapping for 18 years.
I’ve been a member here for almost 6 years.
Im happy to say that I’ve spent a HUGE amount of money in this store. So I am probably one of the people who helped put the nail in the brick and mortar stores. I never intended that.

But the bottom line for me is whenever you’re dealing with big websites like this, you can never be sure what will happen.

I have met and befriended so many wonderful people here.
Im just praying that nothing gets in the way of these beautiful relationships.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to bonprof

I've been here since 2006 and have placed a couple of orders. Love the selection and the prices!

I've also made friends here in fact, a few I now consider best friends! I'd hate to lose that. However, based on this info from right here on the website, I'm not really worried:

"We want to thank you for your participation in the Scrapbook.com forums. We also want to let you know that we're sorry for any disruption and disappointment this might cause. We understand that this is a place where you build friendships and a community where you feel welcome. We hope that you will continue to communicate and share on the new platform."

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to mrsmiller

LOL on paying attention to me Peggy! LOVE YOU!!! wish you weren't all the way in Canada!!! Peggy I saw many posts about TwoPeas--but exactly what was it?

Oh you guys have 6 years on me-where was I?!?!? I have been at this wonderful hobby since the late 1990's!!!

Donna...as for the brick and mortar stores, many put themselves out of business-in my opinion, they didn't pay close enough attention to everyone who came in the stores only the "regulars"...they stayed stale and didn't expand to classes and other papercrafts etc etc....and there is only so much you can buy in the chains stores as you see the same thing so long although I do go!-shopping is shopping! LOLOLOL!-who can relate: I have a store in my scraproom so who wants to come over and shop?!?!?!!

While we are talking about our friends here...how many have you met from sb.com?
I met Lyn (justlyn) as I was in the town next to where she lives. I met Coleen (MsMama) because we met and took classes at the Lancaster scrapbook convention and then I invited her to some weekend getaways for scrapbooking not far from her in Pa. I met Katerina (trek) as she lived close to the central NJ sb convention. I met Denise (DYnWV) as she came with a group to one of the Lancaster Creating Keepsakes Convention. I met Char (Charcats) when a friend and I were traveling near where she lived and we went to dinner/show.

I haven't been able to do as much as in the past as I have been traveling back and forth from NJ to FLA almost monthly for the past 2 years to help care for my mother-I feel bad sometimes as I cant leave as many comments!!! It's so fun here-I sure hope with the upcoming change we can maintain that camaraderie!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to MarciLB

I'm jealous! The ladies you mentioned seem like awesome people!

I've met Slywalker (Lesley). She's from Tasmania! She has family here in the states though so when she visited, we got together.
I met Scrap4brains (Marlene) several times as only a bridge separates us.
Both ladies have met most of my family and they are friends with my daughters and my husband on Facebook.
I met Heather J. Landry (Heather) and her family at Disney World.

All fabulous ladies and I met them because of this site.

nvmagpie
Governor
nvmagpie
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
  • nvmagpie Said:

You misread...
there WILL be Private Messaging capabilities, they are just sayin the existing PMs won't migrate over to the new system (see copy and paste below):

Your private message history will no longer be accessible. If there is any information you need from your current private messages, please make sure to save that information before the old system is retired. You will be able to send new individual private messages after the switch."

Oh good - though I have to look through what I have and see if I have to save anything.

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to nvmagpie

• nvmagpie Said:
  • Doreena Said:
  • nvmagpie Said:

You misread...

Oh good - though I have to look through what I have and see if I have to save anything.

Glad I was able to help you feel a bit better about the change.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to nvmagpie

I have met and spent wonderful time with 9 women from this website!! Talk about an amazing experience!!
7 of us met in Vegas and organized a crop in the hotel suite. Two others live only an hour or so from me. We met for lunch. It was so great.

Edited by bonprof on 08-03-19 03:38 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to bonprof

I have been following this thread along with everyone else and can relate to the concerns expressed. Our beloved site has been changing for a couple of years now, with the challenges and forums occupying a less prominent place as the craft loses enthusiasts. I also understand that obsolescence and updating of software is part of our digital culture and can't be avoided.

That being said, here is a suggestion, for what it's worth: When the challenges are rebuilt, why not cover the entire period of August and September into a single challenge? I don't plan to upload anything until the change in format is complete and I see how it is going to work. I know our wonderful hostesses may have a nightmare trying to get us up and running again. If I can help in any way, please let me know!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to NMscrapper

• NMscrapper Said:

That being said, here is a suggestion, for what it's worth: When the challenges are rebuilt, why not cover the entire period of August and September into a single challenge? I don't plan to upload anything until the change in format is complete and I see how it is going to work. I know our wonderful hostesses may have a nightmare trying to get us up and running again. If I can help in any way, please let me know!

That's a great idea! Once the changes are made and we are running business as usual (but in a new way) I'll figure out if it's worth it for my challenges to combine months or just move on.

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to mrsmiller

Donna...I KNOW that was a fun time for all...would LOVE to join into a large group meeting somewhere like that!!! We always have fun when we have gone away to weekends and conventions!

I just came back to the ATC swap that I had run for over 5 years-before I even knew about ths, I just finished a 2 month ATC swap and had just posted another 2 month swap (AUG/SEPT). I cancelled it for the time being until after the change....I think its a great idea anyway Carol-I myself did it for all the traveling I have been doing over the past 2 years to help my mother in Florida-so I felt I could handle it swap by swap....but in relation to this change--great idea!!! Wont be long before we see the change!!!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to MarciLB

With any software change, its just impossible to know. This is a huge website to completely transfer to a new platform and they don't know the fallout yet, if any. They are just trying to prepare us.

The people here at scrapbook.com are awesome and you can't get better customer service anywhere. I honestly believe they just don't know and won't know until it happens.

Every time Microsoft upgrades my computer there can be some fallout and confusion. Sometimes you just don't know until it happens.

For me the scary part is having to learn to navigate a new system.

I don't think there is anything odd about not having concrete information yet. I believe they are telling us what they know. They don't know what date it will be on line to transfer, and I believe that. So much is involved to make this change. I don't think they are hiding or keeping anything from us.

I truly suspect they are giving us worst-case scenarios and everything will be just fine, just preparing us in case there are some unsuspecting glitches.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to ppilgrim

Marci - here are the Valentine's Day and St. Patrick's Day tables. I have fun decorating and getting it ready. No stress at all just to make 4 or 5 desserts and I can enjoy. Especially since most of the desserts are made in advance and I get the tables ready a day or two in advance.

So much easier than trying to get meat perfect and trying to coordinate when vegetables will be done and everything else that come with preparing a full meal. Everyone seem to enjoy the desserts just as much and I get to play with my table settings and dishes and table cloths.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/hbz6uS6fuJz1Gtb98

Vivian Lake
Diva
Vivian Lake

I live, breathe, and work inside the technology world. My job is literally online with a growing company and a LOT of growing pains. I understand that technology changes can be very scary, frustrating and even irritating. But trust me when I say, SB is overdue for a change in their platforms. They literally can't afford to mess this up. As a customer, I'm choosing to not focus on that cause it's really not my job to do so.

What does that actually mean? It means some of the really old stuff will not be compatible. It means that the new platform most likely will not be exactly laid out the way we are used to. It means that some of our beloved forums/challenges/swaps/m essages may have to start all over from the beginning.

It will be a bit like an adventure.

Change is inevitable in the digital world. As long as SB has hired a company that prides itself on ease and comfort, then it will all be fine. Yes, we will have to learn a new way around. But think of it as traveling . . . . you don't know your way around a new city either but most of us manage just fine. (I have a lot of anxiety when it comes to traveling. But I still manage not to end up 500 miles away from my destination.)

Maybe when the change happens and we all reunite under a new platform, we can scrap a page about all our worries, anxieties, new likes and challenges that we experienced with this adventure.

P.S. Now that many of you have expressed concerns and questions, I highly recommend rereading the changes that are happening. It may make more sense to you now than it did at first.

Edited by Vivian Lake on 08-05-19 04:28 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB

• Henri Jean Said:
Marci - here are the Valentine's Day and St. Patrick's Day tables. I have fun decorating and getting it ready. No stress at all just to make 4 or 5 desserts and I can enjoy. Especially since most of the desserts are made in advance and I get the tables ready a day or two in advance.

So much easier than trying to get meat perfect and trying to coordinate when vegetables will be done and everything else that come with preparing a full meal. Everyone seem to enjoy the desserts just as much and I get to play with my table settings and dishes and table cloths.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/hbz6uS6fuJz1Gtb98

OMG HENRI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would walk there! That is so superb!!! Your decor is so fabulous-I love everything hearts so WOW WOW WOW!!!! It looks like such fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to MarciLB

Excellent Vivian!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to MarciLB

Vivian,

loved your post!!
Thank you!!!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to bonprof

Couldn't agree more Vivian.

don1
don1 
Pro
don1
  • don1 on 08-05-19 02:42 PM
In response to mrsmiller

Will this mean I won't have to be a Queen or a Diva?

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to don1

Don,

You are too much!!!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to don1

• don1 Said:

Dude!

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to don1

• don1 Said:

I'm sorry but, you will always be a Diva to me...

Edited by Doreena on 08-06-19 08:23 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Vivian Lake
Diva
Vivian Lake
In response to don1

• don1 Said:

Your posts just make my day!!!

RhondaR
Diva
RhondaR
In response to Vivian Lake

Gosh, I don't get over here to the forums nearly as much as I should but I do love to pop on and catch up.
I guess I feel more like an "outsider" these days, which is silly I know. I joined in 2003 and I have certainly placed my share of orders through the store, lol.

Some of my best friends are because of this site--There was an entire group of us who migrated to another site and now we just have a fb group but we're still together after about 15 years. A lot of them still scrap but some don't.

I'm a little nervous about the coming change...add me to the OCD list--I don't like change at all on top of that but I'm sure it's necessary.
Maybe with the new format the traffic will pick up I have noticed more people who use to scrap starting back up again and that is a good sign.

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to RhondaR

Hi Rhonda!!! Loved your post--that is so wonderful about the group and length of time together!!!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to MarciLB

So.. what is happening??
We are all still on the forums

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to bonprof

The notice said after August 15th so I'm sure they are still working on it. Says they will send out notification or make announcement when it is ready.

It's such a large board and involves so much I would imagine they are still working bugs out of it.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

Henri,
That makes sense.
Thank you.

pierced_scrapper
Veteran
pierced_scrapper
In response to bonprof

I'm getting antsy about the changes! I've been a member for a year and love the way this is laid out. I'm OCD too and change can be good or bad. I'm hoping this is a change for the better and it doesn't become too clunky.

I am curious to see what they will do to our albums. I do hope they update those a little.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to pierced_scrapper

Dropping in as I've been following this thread. I, like Vivian, worked the digital arena and it's my thought that what is going on right now is what's called "Beta testing". In the background, where we aren't affected, they (SB & ???) are testing all aspects of the new platforms and software. You want to see a bug free transitions. So, even tho I anxiously await this change, I understand what & why nothing "seems" to be happening.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to Abby0317

My thought too Abby. My understand is that the galleries will remain unchanged.

Format for boards will be different but I have no idea how. Hopefully it will be as user friends as the site is now or easier, but that is a wait and see.

They said they are going to transfer as many of the threads as possible and don't know yet which ones, if any (or all) will transfer.

We will have private messages still but sounds like current conversations are not expected to transfer. I have no idea if they will look the same, but we will still be able to PM each other.

But with a change his big, I expect it could take some time to get completely tested and they won't make the transition until they are confident that it has tested and is going to work for us.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

I was getting used to ignoring the banners about the changes but today, someone pointed out that there is now a date for the change...

***September 5th***

I'm excited to see the new stuff!

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to mrsmiller

me too Shannon!!!

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
I was getting used to ignoring the banners about the changes but today, someone pointed out that there is now a date for the change...

***September 5th***

I'm excited to see the new stuff!

I'm a little excited and very impatient! LOL

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics