On September 5th, we will be retiring the forums and replacing them with a new discussion platform.
[Click here for more details.]
Username Post: Double Sided Tape        (Topic#1676351)
redheadgirl
Guru
redheadgirl

Hello, I would like to hear about your preference for double sided tape. I had a roll purchased years ago, it was the best ever. It's gone, and the brand name wasn't anything I can find now.
What I liked about it was I could slightly position my card onto my card base and if it didn't line it up perfectly I could easily lift and reposition before it stuck down solidly, and once stuck, it was strong.
Since I have started back into card making, I have purchased a few rolls since, but none have any wiggle room. Once they even touch the paper, they are down for good, thus a few crooked cards.

I would welcome any suggestions on your fav tape and why.

Thanks,

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to redheadgirl

Idk of any tape like that. But get some Undo. It is a liquid that will unstick your tape and after drying it will stick back. It is super good to your paper. BUT it will not unstick liquid glue.

Dawna.s Place
Governor
Dawna.s Place
In response to southgirl

Several manufactures make re-positional two sided tapes. Most of the time I use my ATG gun and Scotch makes the re-positional tape to go in them. When its in stock, I can only find the re-positional refills at Michael's though. Otherwise they just carry the standard tape.

If you can't find it, a trick you can use to always give yourself wiggle room to align your cards is to put a thin line of glue on the tape. This way is moves a bit before grabbing. I do that all the time and it really works!

Sewflake
Queen
Sewflake
In response to Dawna.s Place

Dawna thanks for the tip, I will have to try that glue!! I often wish for a little wiggle room!!!

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to Sewflake

I’d get an ATG.

redheadgirl
Guru
redheadgirl
In response to Seaexplore

Great ideas, thanks everyone! I like the glue idea while I use up this roll.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics