Username Post: 12"x12" scrapbooks        (Topic#27362)
adela465
New Kid On the Block
adela465

I have a Dalee 12x12 scrapbook and I've been trying to add more pages to it, but the book doesn't want to stay together. I try to tighten the posts, but it's next to impossible. Do 3-ring binders work better than the other type of scrapbooks? Should I just try a different company of scrapbooks?

------------------
Sincerely,
Ashley

New Kid On the Block
In response to adela465

I am a full-time teacher and I love scrapbooking for my classroom (student's) pictures. I try to make one for each year. I use 3 ring binder scrap book for my classroom and it works just fine for me. I don't like bulky books, so I try not to add too many pages per each binder. You might want to try different brand or different type of scrap book because who knows, you might like the other type?

Shirley from La Sierra Academy!

[This message has been edited by Shirley Ji (edited 05-11-2003).]

New Kid On the Block
In response to Shirley Ji

I am a full-time teacher and I love scrapbooking for my classroom (student's) pictures. I try to make one for each year. I use 3 ring binder scrap book for my classroom and it works just fine for me. I don't like bulky books, so I try not to add too many pages per each binder. You might want to try different brand or different type of scrap book because who knows, you might like tho other type?

New Kid On the Block

I am a full-time teacher and I love scrapbooking for my classroom (student's) pictures. I try to make one for each year. I use 3 ring binder scrap book for my classroom and it works just fine for me. I don't like bulky books, so I try not to add too many pages per each binder. You might want to try different brand or different type of scrap book because who knows, you might like the other type?

New Kid On the Block

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 05-11-03 04:39 PM

I am an avid scrapbooker and I really like the scrapbooks from creative memories. They are really durable and if they break or aren't working right they have a lifetime guarantee and can be replaced.

Amy

Kathyy
Kathyy 
Guru
Kathyy
In response to Anonymous

Try a different brand.

I've only bought two so far both were post bind but they were quite different.

Also like screws the post need to get in the grooves to work correctly.

Crr 
Expert
  • Crr on 06-01-03 10:45 AM
In response to adela465

I use post bound albums by Pioneer and do not have the problem you are having. Maybe it is just the specific album or maybe it is the brand. See if you can get another brand and hopefully that will work

coltscrapper
Idol
coltscrapper
In response to Crr

I've used the post boud Pinoeer albums, and they're great. Another great one is K&C Company. They're alittle more expensive, but I only buy those for special albums.

Check out sales as well. Sometime's Hobby Lobby has albums, and refills for 50% off.

courtney
Resident
courtney
In response to adela465

I use pioneer brand books as well because I like the fact that they are top loading, which means I don't have to buy Page Protectors. I also like this brand becasue they are inexpensive and hold up really well. I do have to agree that creative memory albums are beautiful but a little pricy.
Courtney

CraftQueen
Guru
CraftQueen
In response to courtney

CM albums all the way baby!!

Jamie P.
Idol
Jamie P.
In response to adela465

I've been using Dalee pretty much exclusively and have never had problems with the posts coming apart. Do you maybe need a post extender? Too many pages not enough post room so to speak? Also the spacers are very helpful too in helping to keep the bulk down.

Jamie.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Jamie P.

i bought c &k albam and i like it they are really nice ones

crazy4this
Idol
crazy4this
In response to southern lady

So funny, there's another thread talking about Glue Phobias. I commented that it's all about the book. I had CM books for all 3 of my kids and never Glue. down a lo. That's 6 books. I recently discovered the top-loading pioneer albums. They are 12x12... NOT 12 x 11.5 and they look so much better (in my opinion) than my other books with the Page Protectors. They're also less expensive originally and if you include the cost of Page Protectors, they're REALLY less expensive. On top of that, they sell them at JoAnn's and Michaels, so you can get them 40% off.

All that aside... I would buy them if they were $50 each! I love them SOOO much more than my old CM ones.

Just my personal preference.
Connie

kristal
Guru
kristal
In response to crazy4this

I love the Dalee books, ive never had a problem with it

Beth R
Beth R 
Pro
Beth R
In response to kristal

I have been using Dalee Scrapbook. for several years and LOVE them! I haven't had any problems at all. If you do a lot of 'bulky' layouts, I would definitely add more spacers and post extenders. I'm a bulky layout person, and I usually add a spacer about every 3 pages or so. I also add post extenders that are about 2" long (from the hardware section at Lowe's) when I have a really full album.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics