Page 2 of 13 
Username Post: Utah Croppers        (Topic#890781)
happy2bescrappy
Idol
happy2bescrappy
In response to luckeelizard

How was the MM sale??? I missed it...dang. I put my ds down for a nap at 9 am and was ready to go as soon as he woke up. I never wake him up myself so I waited and waited. He slept until 12:30. Usually his naps last about an hour. Wouldn't you know it he's napping again right now! He must be tired..lol! I guess I should take advantage and get some scraping in.
BTW if any of you are planning on the scrapbook expo at south towne, make sure to get discount coupons for $3 off admission. You can get them at Roberts.

luckeelizard
Idol
luckeelizard
In response to happy2bescrappy

When is the Expo at South Towne?

Fotoprincess
Resident
Fotoprincess

The sale was great! I was there on Saturday from about 10:30-1. Killer deals! I was bummed to miss all of you who were at the retreat.

The expo is April 15-16. I am planning on being there for the crop on Friday. I was excited to see that it will be from 10am -midnight. I am going to try to make most of it.

How was the retreat?

Jewelybean
Idol
Jewelybean
In response to Fotoprincess

Hello Hello!! We were at the sale forever! But it was totally good. It was fun to see everyone!! Where do you get the coupons for the Expo?!

Heather020802
Governor
Heather020802
In response to Jewelybean

Hey girls!!! The sales/shops/retreat was lots of fun!!!!

J, you can get the coupons at any of the sb stores here in town. I think I'm working tomorrow night if you want to come in and say hi and get one.

btw--- I hope you're feeling better!!

Fotoprincess
Resident
Fotoprincess
In response to Heather020802

SO, Heather...fess up! Where do you work?

Heather020802
Governor
Heather020802

Scrapbook Station in Logan

emilyb
emilyb 
Mayor
emilyb

Hi girls! We had sooo much fun! The sales were awesome--too awesome! My debit card is still on fire! Bad, bad, bad. Heather is a total instigator!! It was as if she was standing beside me chanting, "Spend, Emily, Spend!!". Bad Heather. It's all your fault (if dh asks)!

Fotoprincess, too bad that we missed you! We saw Jennifer in line, though. What a sweetie.

Heather020802
Governor
Heather020802
In response to emilyb

Yeah...... ALL my fault!!

Fotoprincess
Resident
Fotoprincess

Heather...my hubby does business in Logan. Next time he is up there, I will tag along and come visit you at the scrapbook station!

Fotoprincess
Resident
Fotoprincess

Looks like we are all busy scrapping 'cause no one is on the site> Good thing we put all those deals to use!!

happy2bescrappy
Idol
happy2bescrappy

ATTN: For those living near Draper...
Ther is a new Michaels opening next week. I got 50% off coupons in the mail last week. I love coupons!
Also, one more week until the expo. I'll be there on Saturday with my best girl friend who also loves scrapbooking!

luckeelizard
Idol
luckeelizard

There will be a new Michaels opening in May at 5600 W and 3100 S.

scrappy_chick
Diva
scrappy_chick

Hey everyone that went to the Utah retreat...here is what my sister had to say about the Thank-you cards:

"I got your thank you card yesterday (well saturday, but we forgot to get the mail until yesterday! HOLY COW!!soo sitinking cute! ALL OF THEM! Truly.. some really cute and creative cards! Love em girl! Tell your friends THANKS!"

Heather020802
Governor
Heather020802
In response to scrappy_chick

Awww!!! She is so sweet!!!

Jewelybean
Idol
Jewelybean

This thread has kind of died!!? Where is everyone? So is anyone going to the Expo?

Alexandria
Resident
Alexandria

My DH is taking me Saturday

Heather020802
Governor
Heather020802
In response to Alexandria

For those of you who would like to come to Logan, my LSS is having a 30% off everything sale this weekend.

luckeelizard
Idol
luckeelizard

Which Scrapbook store do you work in? I might be up that way for my friends granpa's funeral this weekend.

Heather020802
Governor
Heather020802

It's Scrapbook Station.... it's out by Walmart. Let me know if you want more info.

scrappinmad
Mayor
scrappinmad

i am not going to go to the expo. i have such a had time paying money to just get into somewhere to go buy more stuff. i would rather pay the entry fee on something i want at a LSS. i am funny i know.

scrappinmad
Mayor
scrappinmad

hey there girls!

i finally broke down and went to my dads to use his printer so i could get some lo all the way finished.

here is my utah crop lo

http://www.scrapbook.com/scrapbook_layouts/showphoto.php/photo/81289/password/0/sort/1/page/1

Fotoprincess
Resident
Fotoprincess

Heather, next time my hubby goes up to Logan I am coming to see you!!!
I went to the expo on Friday and had a ball! I did the crop and stayed until midnight. I finally found the mm foam stamps I have been looking for for months and so I thought it was a big success! I have used them on almost every layout I have done since then.

I also found a scrapbook desk that I fell in love with. Now I just need to save my pennies... (oh, Mother's Day is coming up if anyone wants to send my dh an email!!!)

Heather020802
Governor
Heather020802

That would be fun to see you!!

Just so everyone knows, the sb store I work at is going out of business. The store's last day will be April 30th. Everything will be 40% off this week, and next week everything will be 50% off. There are new store hours (which don't make a lot of sense to me, but it's not up to me!)

M-Thursday 2:30-10pm
F-Saturday 10am-8pm (normal hours)
Closed Sunday

luckeelizard
Idol
luckeelizard

Sorry to hear that the store you work at is going out of business!

zazu
zazu 
Diva
zazu
  • zazu on 04-18-05 08:05 PM

Heather - sorry the store is going out of business Any idea why?
Are they the store by Sallys Beauty Supply just south of walmart? I stopped there once and it seemed like they had great deals on Bazzill.

Heather020802
Governor
Heather020802
In response to zazu

Yep-- they're the ones by Sally's. There's not much of a Bazzill selection anymore..... I think it's closing because of a combination of a lot of things. I've only worked there since February, so I'm not incredibly attached, although it was nice to talk to people that say more than 50 words (like Brian! ) and chat about scrapbooking!

Fotoprincess
Resident
Fotoprincess

Bummer! I visited their booth at the Scrap Expo and thought they had some fund stuff.

luckeelizard
Idol
luckeelizard

Anything going on with the Utah Croppers? It's been pretty quite in here lately. What fun things are you guys doing this weekend? Hope noone is caught in that mess in Brigham City! Can't believe all the flooding that is going on in this state!
I'm helping my friends mom move all her stuff into a storage unit so she can go to Austrilia, May 2!!! Unfortunetly she is a very slow at packing!!! ugh.

Fotoprincess
Resident
Fotoprincess

Packing is a pain. I keep putting off selling our house because I don't want to pack. How nice of you to help her pack, Jennifer!

Valerie Foster Design
Pro
Valerie Foster Design

Hi hi girls! I'm about to move to Kanab this month... I'm not really sure what to say except... where do I sign up?

happy2bescrappy
Idol
happy2bescrappy
In response to Valerie Foster Design

Hi there Utah Croppers. What are your favorite LSS's? I live out by Herriman/Riverton/South Jordan. The one closest to me does not have a very good selection or prices. I usually end up at Roberts so I can use the 40% off.

luckeelizard
Idol
luckeelizard

I usually go to Roberts also for the 40% off. I live in Kearns but I usually go to Draper to All My Memories or to Pebbles in my Pocket in Highland, so I have to drive quite a bit to get to a good scrapbook store. I also go to Heartland Paper Co. when I just need to get a few things.

luckeelizard
Idol
luckeelizard

Quote:

p00t said:
Hi hi girls! I'm about to move to Kanab this month... I'm not really sure what to say except... where do I sign up?

Welcome to the Utah Forum. So why are you moving to Kanab? Family, work?

Valerie Foster Design
Pro
Valerie Foster Design

Family My husband's family is in Kanab ~ we've decided to go freelance for a while to get away from the city! (Software Engineering / Web Development, etc.)

Kate77
Kate77 
Idol
Kate77

Here's a strange question for you guys... do you know of a GOOD daycare in downtown SLC? My baby sister is getting married, and we'll take the boys to the temple, but the wedding brunch is somewhere they just can't be, so we need to drop them off for a few hours. Any suggestions? She's getting married in the SLC temple, and the breakfast is at the J.Smith building, so it would be GREAT if it was downtown downtown.

luckeelizard
Idol
luckeelizard
In response to Kate77

When is she getting married, I work downtown, so I'll keep an eye out.

luckeelizard
Idol
luckeelizard

Hope everyone had a happy mothers day and a fun National Scrapbook day.

creater1
Diva
creater1

tell me more about the warehouse sale. I am a native Utahn actually from Tooele, Tell me more.

PaperDollWendy
Idol
PaperDollWendy

iamascrapaholic: my mom lives in Herriman and the scrapbook store near her doesn't have that great of a selection. I live in UT county and she comes down here and we frequent keeping memories alive in spanish fork and the Die Cuts With a View outlet store in provo for FABULOUS deals.

happy2bescrappy
Idol
happy2bescrappy
In response to PaperDollWendy

Thanks paperdollwendy. I'm guessing that your mom and I go to the same LSS. They do have some cute stuff, but I can't quite find exactly what I'm looking for. I'll have to check out the DCWAV outlet.

Any get togethers Utah croppers?? What happened to this thread?

Jewelybean
Idol
Jewelybean

It seems like it died!!! Sad! I am totally wanting to go to the DCWV outlet. Anyone wanna make a trip???

scrappinmad
Mayor
scrappinmad

julie when are you wanting to take a road trip to provo?

i would love to go.

i dont have a reliable vehicle to make it that far right now, but i would be more than willing to chip in for gas if you wouldnt mind picking me up on your way.

i do work in the morning to early afternoon.

Jewelybean
Idol
Jewelybean
In response to scrappinmad

Hmm...I don't know when, but I would LOVE to pick you up!! I'll for sure let you know when. Probably before the end of May?? How does that sound? And it would be late afternoon, my DH would be at work then!

scrappinmad
Mayor
scrappinmad

sounds more than terrific to me! i am going to pm you with my # so we can for sure get in touch. oh i cant wait to see grace in person.

luckeelizard
Idol
luckeelizard

Where is the DCWAV outlet located? I love their paper, and diecut of course it would be fun to go, but my May is so hectic!

Heather020802
Governor
Heather020802

Hey girls!! I had to hunt down this thread, but it's added to my faves (again). Jules and Amy, I would love to go too! (If that's okay )

jupiter
Idol
jupiter

Hi Girls!! I can't wait to be an official Utah Scrapper--- only two more months! My hubby will be starting a graduate program at the UofU --- and I'm thinking I'll strategically plan our housing near the best scrap shopping !

Jules, Amy and H--- if you go to Provo over laborday weekend I want to come too!! (if it's okay, of course!) We'll be in Heber that weekend!

Fotoprincess
Resident
Fotoprincess
In response to jupiter

I am in for the trip to the outlet. Just let me know. Thursdays-Saturdays are best for me.

Welcome to the thread, Jupiter!

happy2bescrappy
Idol
happy2bescrappy

Me too!!! I totally want to go to the outlet and would love to meet some of you hot mamas. I'll be out of town this weekend until the 26th though.

Jewelybean
Idol
Jewelybean

Okay, I am thinking the first week of June, after Memorial Day? Anyone think anything else is better?? I know one of the stores is only open on Mon and Tues. So that would be the best days to go? That also makes it more like the 2nd week of June. Let me know what you guys are thinking....

happy2bescrappy
Idol
happy2bescrappy

Are you thinking June 6th or 7th? That works for me. I can't wait to meet some of you!

Heather020802
Governor
Heather020802

That sounds good to me! Tuesday afternoons/evenings would be perfect.

Jewelybean
Idol
Jewelybean

I just talked with Amy (scrappinmad) and she was thinking this coming Tuesday? What do you think about that instead?? Or would you rather wait?

Heather020802
Governor
Heather020802

The 24th?? That *should* be okay.... what time would we leave?

Jewelybean
Idol
Jewelybean

We should probably leave here with enough time to get to Farr West by 3:00. So like 2:00?? Anyone else want to meet up?

Julie84
Expert
Julie84

Hey ladies! I am moving up to Provo June 1st, so I guess that will put me in the UT thread, right? Please let me know of any good stuff going on! Thanks!

Jewelybean
Idol
Jewelybean
In response to Julie84

WOO HOO!! Another Jules in UT! There's lots fun up here. We'll definately keep you posted!!

Heather020802
Governor
Heather020802

Welcome, Jules #2!!!

Julie #1, 2:00 should be fine--- can I hitch a ride down with you? Have you ever been to this warehouse before? Do I need to work my butt off selling things on ebay in the next few days?

Jewelybean
Idol
Jewelybean

I am not going to have much to spend so please don't!! Haven't ever been before. I actually just got on to research it out. So guess we'll see!!

P.S. You can definately go w/me! And Grace!

Heather020802
Governor
Heather020802

Nope- never been there. And I won't have much to spend. I spent waaay too much $ a few weeks ago at NSB day!!! It was sure fun though.

Can I just meet you at your place around 2? I haven't asked Scott yet, but he should be able to come home from work a bit early so that I can leave B with him.

Jewelybean
Idol
Jewelybean

Yuppers. We might make a pit stop at Burlington cause I have this stupid "return card" and I could use some uh new shoes! Is that okay?

I haven't found out much cause it's late and no one is there. So I might have to wait until Mon. I want to stop at Memories too, in Bountiful! I love that discount! That's all!

Heather020802
Governor
Heather020802

Sounds good to me!

PaperDollWendy
Idol
PaperDollWendy

The DCWV outlet is only open a few days a week... T/10-2, TH/4-8, SAT/10-2. Didn't know if you ladies knew the hours, it would be awful to get down here and have them closed !!

Jewelybean
Idol
Jewelybean

STINK!! Thanks for telling us. Um, anyone up for Thurs?? That seems to have the most logical hours.

Wendy: Is it even a good place to go?!

scrappinmad
Mayor
scrappinmad

dang it! i was getting so excited to see you girls on monday. oh well a few more days will not hurt me.

ok here is my delima(sp) about thurs. my sil's invited me to a ctmy party that i really do not want to go to but i feel obligated. i am just thinking about telling them that i already have plans with a bunch of friends and going with you guys. i would so much rather spend my time with you guys anyway.

is this so terrible of me? ok i know it is but i need you girls to convince me other wise

scrappinmad
Mayor
scrappinmad

we could actually leave a bit earlier on thurs if you guys wanted to. kadyn has pre-school graduation on wed so no more school for him tillhe goes to "k" in the fall omg my baby is growing up

i have to work thurs but should be of by 2 at the latest i would think.

just let me know.

Jewelybean
Idol
Jewelybean

Amy: Not terrible, just the truth! Plus, wouldn't you much rather spend money on fun stuff?? Plus, I think when I go to those things, it makes me feel obligated to spend money, and a lot of times it's nothing I REALLY wanted. Anyway, that's just my opinion. I think Thursday sounds a lot better. Anyone else agree?? And we would leave here around 1:00.

Heather020802
Governor
Heather020802

hmmmm.... Thursday really isn't good for me because I teach a lesson that afternoon. I could possibly reschedule it though. Do you know when we would be back? Scott teaches a class at the Sports Academy at 7 on Thursdays. hmmmm... let me think about it

Amy, no that is not terrible! I would feel the same!

Jewelybean
Idol
Jewelybean

H: I have a lesson that day to, but I am all about rescheduling! We could be back by 7, I think. Especially if Amy could get of earlier. Anyone else??

PaperDollWendy
Idol
PaperDollWendy

I think it's worth a trip to the outlet. My mom was just there Thursday and they were still doing their 'buy one get one free' special. You can get some really really great deals on things like paper, stickers, metal tag letters, those little metal words, the metal film strips... ummmm... lots of other things too. The really great deals are on their, I guess you would call them "seconds", although it's just because of reasons like they aren't packaged, etc. They also have their regular line of products that you would find at a LSS at decent prices. Oh, they used to give new customers a $5 off coupon, but not sure if they are still doing that. Hope that helps.

Jewelybean
Idol
Jewelybean

Awesome!! Thanks Wendy. I am definately game for that!!! If you want to go with us, let us know!!

Heather020802
Governor
Heather020802

Jules, I talked with Scott, and he said it wasn't a huge deal if we weren't back by 7 because he could get someone to teach for him, but I need to let him know. I'll try to call my student on Monday to see if I can reschedule her (which, quite frankly a pain with her) and I'll let you know!

Jewelybean
Idol
Jewelybean

H: We don't have to go on Thurs! Just let me know if another day works better. I really don't care. If it's a huge pain, how about early on Tues, and we could see if Amy could get off early???

Heather020802
Governor
Heather020802

Well, I'll just see if she can come another day. If not, we can either go a different day or you guys could go w/out me... I really don't *need* anything, anyway. I'm sure it's easier for me to reschedule her than for Amy to leave early, so I'll just try for that. No biggie.

scrappinmad
Mayor
scrappinmad

so sorry girls but i can not leave early on tuesday. we could do this next week if you guys cant reschedule.

heather you can bring brian along if you need to. we are going to take my van, it seats 7 and if it is just the 3 of us and our 3 kids we will be fine.

just let me know how you guys want to do it. i get all replies to this thread e-mailed to me so i can keep up with it.

Heather020802
Governor
Heather020802

hmmmmm..... Brian + Scrapbook Store does *not* = fun!!! Thanks for the offer though Amy!!!

Heather020802
Governor
Heather020802

Hey girls! I'm good for Thursday!!

J, when do you want me to meet you?

Jewelybean
Idol
Jewelybean

I still gotta talk to my student, let me do that and then I will check back!

scrappinmad
Mayor
scrappinmad

oh girls i am SO flipping excited! julie i sure hope you can make it this thursday, i dont know if i can wait a whole week longer

i have been telling kadyn that he was going to meet some of my friends he is getting excited too.

Heather020802
Governor
Heather020802

Hey- are we going to have time to stop in Bountiful at the outlet?? I hope so!!! I'm soooo excited!!!!

PaperDollWendy
Idol
PaperDollWendy

Jules, thanks for the invite. It's the last week of school here and with 5 children in elementary, jr. high and high school... it's busy busy busy !! Have fun.

scrappinmad
Mayor
scrappinmad

bountiful is a must!

i may have to stop in draper at the mme warehouse also, but that stop should only take a min.

julie did you find out if you can go on thursday for sure yet?

if it is ok with you guys i am going to ask my sil if she want to go with us. you guys will like her she is wonderful!

scrappinmad
Mayor
scrappinmad

wendy dang, it sure would have been great getting to meet you. i am SURE this is not the last time wwe will make the trip so hopefully we can meet up with you some other time.

Jewelybean
Idol
Jewelybean

Totally invite your SIL. That will be fun Amy! I am having THE hardest time getting ahold of my student, so I left another message just bearly. Hopefully I will hear back today!! And we can DEFINATELY stop at MME and Memories! I plan on it!

Heather020802
Governor
Heather020802

I'm totally fine with stopping there, too.

Jewelybean
Idol
Jewelybean

I have a 40% off coupon for Heartland Paper too, I can print one for you all if you want to go there as well. Just lemme know. Still no word about my lesson, but I am sure we will be okay.

Heather020802
Governor
Heather020802

uh.... yes, please print off a coupon!! Ohhh, how I LOOOOOVE that store!

happy2bescrappy
Idol
happy2bescrappy

Hi Gals!
Whew, I just finished reading all the back and forth dialogue that I missed while I was gone. I had two weddings in a row. One in St. George last Saturday and another in Albuquerque yesterday. It's good to be back home.
If it's okay, I would love to meet up with you on Thursday. I live in South Jordan so it would be easy for me to meet you in Draper. Could someone let me know the time and address?
Can't wait to meet you!!!
-Nicole

happy2bescrappy
Idol
happy2bescrappy

By Thursday, I assume you mean tomorrow the 26th. Am I right?

Heather020802
Governor
Heather020802

Hi Nicole! Yeah, we're going tomorrow, but I'm not sure what time we'll be going/when we'll be in Draper. I think Julie is the Answer Women (haha) and she should be checking in today to let us know.

scrappinmad
Mayor
scrappinmad

woo hoo we get to meet another neighbor!!!!!!!!!!

julie and heather are meeting me in farr west at 2:00. i need to try REALLY hard to be in draper at the mme warehouse before 3:00. the lady i have to meet up with there has to leave work at 3:00 for an appt. i will be a speed deamond all the way to draper

i have no idea where the mme warehouse is but when i find out i can then let you know and we can figure a good place to meet.

i hope it is ok that we hit memories in bountiful on the way back.

scrappinmad
Mayor
scrappinmad

Quote:

jewelybean said:
I have a 40% off coupon for Heartland Paper too, I can print one for you all if you want to go there as well. Just lemme know. Still no word about my lesson, but I am sure we will be okay.

will you please print me a coupon also?

i have never even been in that store, but have heard it is wonderful.

Heather020802
Governor
Heather020802

OH!!!! Amy is the woman with all the answers!!!!! I didn't know about all that--- I guess I'll be meeting J around 1:00 then?? Cool beans.

scrappinmad
Mayor
scrappinmad

well you know me heather a know it all

i just know because i have to hurry and work my butt of at work to get done in time.

i am so excited, i sure hope julie was able to get a hold of her student.

scrappinmad
Mayor
scrappinmad

ok i am a dork once again me and my stupid typos. i am going to amm (all my memories) in draper not mme.

here are the directions i got off of mapquest looks really easy to get to.

6: Take the UT-71 exit- EXIT 294- toward DRAPER/RIVERTON. 0.7 miles Map

7: Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto W 12300 S/UT-71. 0.1 miles Map

8: Turn RIGHT onto LONE PEAK PKWY. 0.1 miles Map

9: End at 12218 Lone Peak Pkwy
Draper, UT 84020-6422, US

nicole do you know the area very well? is there a place close to here ^ that we could meet?

scrappinmad
Mayor
scrappinmad

this is what mapquest says about the travel time

Total Estimated Time: 59 minutes
Total Distance: 60.66 miles

i think i can beat that at least i hope so.

scrappinmad
Mayor
scrappinmad

so sorry for all the post and questions but i figure i need to find this stuff out soon.

does anyone know where we are going in provo? where the DCWV outlet is?

i will not be on the computer much for the rest of the night, kadyn is having pre-school grad. tonight. i will check in every chance i get to keep up with things.

scrappinmad
Mayor
scrappinmad

mapquest is so dang cool, found DCWV directions too.

1: Start out going SOUTH on LONE PEAK PKWY toward BUSINESS PARK DR. 0.1 miles

2: Turn LEFT onto W 12300 S/UT-71. 0.1 miles

3: Merge onto I-15 S toward PROVO. 28.0 miles

4: Take the US-189 N/UNIVERSITY AVE. exit- EXIT 266. 0.5 miles

5: Stay STRAIGHT to go onto E 1860 S. 0.3 miles

6: Turn LEFT onto EASTBAY BLVD. 0.3 miles

7: Turn RIGHT onto S 350 E. <0.1 miles

8: End at Diecuts With A View
1775 S 350 E, Provo, UT 84606, US

Total Est. Time: 29 minutes Total Est. Distance: 29.68 miles

Heather020802
Governor
Heather020802

VERY cool, Amy!! I love Mapqwest!!! So we're meeting at All My Memories at 2:00??? We (Julie and I) better leave before 1 then! I've heard that that store is HEAVEN!!! Ooooh... I can't wait!! Then we'll backtrack and hit DCWV?? Then go to Bountiful to the Memories Outlet and Heartland? Is this right?? Also, is that Est. Time from your place in Ogden?

Page 2 of 13 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics