Username Post: Arkansas        (Topic#998813)
Kels
Kels 
Marketing Goddess
Kels
  • Kels on 03-31-05 01:45 PM

Welcome to Arkansas!

crystal24
Guru
crystal24
In response to Kels

Hey, anyone else in or around Arkansas? I am in Northeast Arkansas.

evansmom825
Diva
evansmom825
In response to crystal24

I'm originally from AR. does that count?

I grew up in Ft. Smith and moved to Fayetteville to go to college. Then I moved to missouri about 3 years ago.

Where are you from? I haven't spent too much time in northeast AR.

Hope to chat later!

Monica

CreativeChaos
Diva
CreativeChaos
In response to evansmom825

New to Scrapbook.com, I am from NW Arkansas.

scrapermom
Veteran
scrapermom
In response to CreativeChaos

I live in Ar.. I live in northeast AR...

New Kid On the Block
In response to scrapermom

Hi I live in south central Arkansas, I guess that is how you would say it....lol.... I live about 45 miles south (and a little west) of Little Rock, Moved here almost 2 years ago.

cropmama
Resident
cropmama
In response to craftygramme

I live in NE Arkansas. I love to scrapbook, but life has been busy and I haven't done any pages this year!

Kallie

scrapermom
Veteran
scrapermom
In response to cropmama

Anyone in Ar alive.. I wish more people lived around me that scrapped like I do.

Cropmama where at in NE AR do you live.. !?

Lexiemmygracie
Veteran
Lexiemmygracie

Im in Southwest Mo, close to Ark.

CreativeChaos
Diva
CreativeChaos
In response to Lexiemmygracie

Ohh....Lexiemmygracie, you surely must be close to me!!!!

Lexiemmygracie
Veteran
Lexiemmygracie

My oldest daughter used to do pageants in Rogers.

CreativeChaos
Diva
CreativeChaos
In response to Lexiemmygracie

How exciting, there are a lot of pageants around here. My sister used to be in a lot of them when she was younger (mostly at the Dixieland (Frisco Station) Mall and Benton County Fair pageants). There was a dressmaker in Gravette that my mother would get all of her dresses from.
We are headed to Branson this week if my husband can get Saturday off.

jmwtlw 
New Kid On the Block

I live in Fayetteville

New Kid On the Block
In response to Kels

Hi all My name is Sandy and I live in Paragould AR.
I don't know much about scrapbooking but am trying to learn. I do alot of Stamp Camps and classes here at my house for rubber stamping and have a blast with it. I am starting to get into the scrapbooking part of rubber stamping and researching and reading everying thing I can.

Is there anyone in this area? I am about 20 miles north of Jonesboro.
Sandy K

kelburn
New Kid On the Block
kelburn
In response to sandy k

I am Kellie from Osceola here (northeastern corner). I am thinking of beginning a monthly crop at my church and would love to have some folks near me come crop with us.

mistismemories
Expert
mistismemories
In response to kelburn

Gee we really haven't been posting in here. How is everybody?

darlamo
Tenant
darlamo
In response to mistismemories

Hey! I live in SW Louisiana right now, but hope to be moving to NW Arkansas this summer. We're still trying to find a hometown, could we get some input from some of you? We're thinking of somewhere near Fayatteville. My husband flies, so he'd like to be near a small air field. We have 4 sons, ages 21, 18,16 and 13. They like to wakeboard, hunt, rock climb, and the oldest loves to fish. I want good places to scrap. We're looking for good schools, middle and high school, along with college. I'd appreciate any info any of you can give me. Either post here, or email me at [email protected] Thanks!

mistismemories
Expert
mistismemories
In response to darlamo

I like Springdale. It is kinda in the middle of everything. It has good schools. It is also very diverse culturally. There are 4 scrapbook store s within about 20 miles and 3 Hobby Lobby stores. I lived in Fayetteviille for a year it was pretty nice too. When we finally buy a house in a couple of years we will most likely move closer to Bentonville/Rogers area. I hope that helps.

lisymarie
Expert
lisymarie

Hi ladies. I live in OK, but only 3 miles from the AR state line (northeast OK/northwest AR). I do everthing except live and attend college in AR: work, shop, etc. I am originally from northwest AR and just moved over the state line when I married.

Edited by lisymarie on 02-26-06 11:10 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

mistismemories
Expert
mistismemories
In response to lisymarie

Hello. What NWA town are you near?

darlamo
Tenant
darlamo

Hey guys, it's me again. Well, we visited NW AR this past weekend. Still trying to find a hometown. Fell in love with Bentonville. It is growing so rapidly, there are lots of places to shop, along with Rogers. And Springdale and Fayetteville are both close enough. I went to a scrapbook store in Bentonville, and it was great! We rode around for 2 solid days, looking at houses and marking our map with good neighborhoods. Can't wait 'til June! If anyone knows of any good homes for sale, pm me!

Trina_P
Guru
Trina_P
In response to darlamo

My daughter recently moved to Rogers. I do know it is the largest school district in the state. I love the area. We live about 2 hours south of the area. I am dying to go up there some weekend WITHOUT my husband so I can hit up the SB stores. I was in Hobby Lobby there a couple weeks ago and they had a huge clearance sale, but he was waiting in the car.
If I were you, I would contact the Chamber of Commerce and get them to send you some info.
I do know a few mins. to the outskirts of town will mean a lot price wise when you go to buy a house. I know on the news last week, NW Arkansas got some mention of being one of the top areas for growth, I believe it was.

If I can be of help, let me know.

Trina

mistismemories
Expert
mistismemories
In response to Trina_P

I know the store in Bentonville. It is great. They are actually helping me out with the PTA NSD event I am doing. They are super nice there. I like to go up there and just look around and hang out even if I can't buy anything. Of course there are a few things in the other part of the store that I love too.

lisymarie
Expert
lisymarie

mistismemories: I am near, just a couple of minutes away from, Siloam Springs.

mistismemories
Expert
mistismemories
In response to lisymarie

Cool. I drive through there on my way to Texas and OK City. It is faster than going down I-40.

lisymarie
Expert
lisymarie

did all of you in nwa make it thru tonights tornado okay? I was in gentry and it went a couple of miles north (between gentry and decatur). it was pretty scarey for a while.

mistismemories
Expert
mistismemories
In response to lisymarie

I am fine, a little sleep deprived but otherwise okay. I stayed up and waited out the warning for Washington county. I am glad to here you are okay. We got a little bit of hail some heavy wind.

Trina_P
Guru
Trina_P

My daughter lives near Rogers. I called her the next morning and she said "Oh did it storm again last night?"

Just one more thing to remind me to worry about my kid who is "grown up".

3 nights in a row was enough of that! Now after 3 nights of rain, its sunny. Something tells me we will be mowing yards soon.

New Kid On the Block
In response to sandy k

Hey, Sandy! I live close to Jonesboro! What product do you use?

jstaff
jstaff 
Expert
jstaff

I live close to Heber Springs!!

jstaff
jstaff 
Expert
jstaff

I am near the Heber Springs area! U?

tabbilwilex
Mayor
tabbilwilex
In response to jstaff

I'm in hot springs! Anyone close?

JeepMama-Ar
Expert
JeepMama-Ar
In response to tabbilwilex

Tabby! Are you back from no interenet? Did they finally fix you up? I've missed you!

I'm just east of Fayetteville

Edited by JeepMama-Ar on 01-10-11 06:23 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

New Kid On the Block
In response to JeepMama-Ar

I am from Mt. View anyone close by?

SharminJ
Mayor
SharminJ
In response to betsyc58

I'm not too far from Mtn. View. I'm in Fulton County close to Salem.

Katydidd
Veteran
Katydidd

Hey y'all I live in Central AR in the Benton-Bryant area. I don't know many people that scrap.

Katydidd
Veteran
Katydidd
In response to tabbilwilex

I'm close! I'm in the Benton-Bryant area.

mmlsweet
Idol
mmlsweet
In response to Katydidd

Hi Gals.. I'm in the Hot Springs Area.

From The Beginning
Tenant
From The Beginning
In response to crystal24

I'm from Strawberry, Ar........Its soooo small we have the welcome and thank-you for visiting on the same sign...LOL!

**Becky**

Katydidd
Veteran
Katydidd
In response to From The Beginning

Alrighty my fellow arkie-scrappers. I keep noticing that it's getting harder and harder to find scrapbook stores that aren't the big chains. Nothing against them though. But I usually have better luck finding more unique things and full product lines at the smaller stores.
So I started wondering what is everybody's best kept secret hole in the wall store??? I love to support these smaller stores as much as I can and I'm sure like most of you I'm willing to travel a bit for a really good store.
I'll go first. There's a store in Sherwood called Just Scrap It. The owners name is Cori and I can always count on her to have the coolest stuff!

baingl
baingl 
Veteran
baingl
In response to Katydidd

There is a store in Jonesboro, called Scrap Zing. Owner is an awesome person and hosts swaps in the area.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics