Page 3 of 37 
Username Post: California - Southern        (Topic#998817)
bethtrue
Tenant
bethtrue
In response to PixieMegh

I have a totally off-topic question for you Southern Cali ladies - we are looking for a kid-friendly restaurant in the San Clemente area - we're meeting my cousin (who's in town on business from Vermont) and want to get together for dinner this Friday. my son is 2 1/2 and i don't know the area well enough to know any restaurants that might be good for this situation.

does anyone have any suggestions? thanks so much!

bethtrue
Tenant
bethtrue
In response to bethtrue

Oh - and i would love to get together sometime with some of you for a local-area scrappin' session - that would be so fun. Unfortunately I'm not available for that date.

PixieMegh
Pro
PixieMegh
In response to bethtrue

Well there's places like Chili's, Friday's and Applebee's. Were you looking for a nicer place?

(I'm not from down that way but those were the first places that came to mind for me)

Ranita
Ranita 
Diva
Ranita
In response to scrapinsuzoo

Hi all. I'm in Costa Mesa...haven't been scrapping long, but I love it. Wish I had more time. Been to Scrapbook Oasis...small, but they always have new things and they offer great classes.

bethtrue
Tenant
bethtrue
In response to Ranita

Happy Valentine's Day to all you southern Californians!! Anyone have any big plans? My husband and I celebrated last weekend - we went to see the Cirque du Soleil performance in Del Mar and went out to dinner. It was very nice, and a real treat since with a 2-year old at home, we very rarely get to go out by ourselves.

Anyway - hope everyone has a great day!

YMetz
YMetz 
Resident
YMetz
  • YMetz on 02-14-06 08:53 PM
In response to bethtrue

Hey Beth, Glad you had a great V-Day! How funny about the Cirque du Soleil? My Girlfriend went on Friday also! Was it this past Friday that you were looking for a place to eat in San Clemente or this Friday Coming up? I can always ask my DH if he knows of a Kid Friendly place around there.

Take care and PM me if you need that info!

Hey Ranita, Last Summer DH and I got to know Costa Mesa pretty good! DD had a bunch of Tournaments there. We made some great weekends out of it! Shopping, eating, sleeping, shopping! I'm sure we'll be doing it again this summer too!

Ranita
Ranita 
Diva
Ranita
In response to YMetz

Lots of shopping and eating around here...cuts into sleep time. Let me know if you'll have time for scrapbook store s, I'll email you the ones I go to.

YMetz
YMetz 
Resident
YMetz
  • YMetz on 02-19-06 10:26 PM
In response to Ranita

Sounds good Ranita! I'll let you when we are going to be back in Costa Mesa! Basketball is over right now for my DD, but it picks back up in spring/summer! Tournaments again! Which is awesome cuz it keeps her busy!

Ranita
Ranita 
Diva
Ranita
In response to YMetz

Great...let me know. In the meantime I will check out all the new lss I found out about at the expo. Really fun, but I am still tired today. Maybe all 3 days was too much.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Ranita

the exop was great friday night it was rain. got lots of stuff there. i went with my mom.

~Chere~
Diva
~Chere~
In response to karri

Hi All, just found this thread and I've been on here for like a month now, why I didn't think to look I don't know! Can I join you guys? Looks like a lot of you are from the San Diego area.

• karri Said:
hi Im in big bear lake. I HAVE NO SCRAP BUDDIES!!!!! WAAAAA

Hey someone actually lives near me, I live in Yucaipa and I have NO scrap buddies either maybe we should get together! You got lots of snow last night huh? The mountains were so pretty this morning when I woke up.

Craftytinkerbell
Veteran
Craftytinkerbell
In response to ~Chere~

thought I'd stop in and say a quick hi... I had forgotten about this site altogether... and had also forgotten about this section.

I missed the Expo... had other plans Hope for those of you that went that you got some awesome deals!!!

~Chere~
Diva
~Chere~
In response to Craftytinkerbell

Yes, I got some pretty awesome stuff. The new BG collection packages for $16 each, I picked up 3 of them among many, many, many other things. It was so much fun, a lot of people!

cucakim
Veteran
cucakim
In response to ~Chere~

Feb 25th won't work for me. It would be fun to scrap & meet others. Had great time at expo. I volunteered at the SB.C booth! Hope you all entered to win the $2000 give-away!

PixieMegh
Pro
PixieMegh
In response to cucakim

The Expo was so much fun! Who else got sucked into the Lil' Davis booth? Everything was $1!!

Ranita
Ranita 
Diva
Ranita
In response to southern lady

What was your favorite purchase. Mine was definitely the new Basic Grey paper. Now I just have to find time to use it.

Ranita
Ranita 
Diva
Ranita
In response to PixieMegh

Didn't get sucked in cause I was able to hit their warehouse sale a couple of months back before they moved to Arizona.....there I got sucked in...went back 2x...great stuff.

Did you take their class at the expo? We made the cutest chipboard album.

cucakim
Veteran
cucakim
In response to Ranita

Got sucked in at Lil'Davis. There in the first hour open. Got the foam stamps I've been eyeing! Found the Basic Grey notcher for $22.22! Yeah! I hope I'll get some use out of it!

Kristi B.
Veteran
Kristi B.
In response to cucakim

i spent about $50 at lil' davis on friday, and when i brought my friend back on sunday, they had new stuff. i spent another $50! it was a good weekend for me. i was beaming by the time i got home sunday.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Kristi B.

Lil' Davis booth? Everything was $1!! i went to that booth and there where to many people. i love the expo. i got some cute sizzix die cuts and some cute eyeletoutlet but they are brads. my mom bought me lots of stuff.

jamietaina
Guru
jamietaina
In response to kyttikate

Just found this thread and wanted to say hi! I am in Ramona, between Escondido & Poway.

Sassynai
Governor
Sassynai
In response to jamietaina

Hello all... it has been a while since I posted... Welcome to all the southern cali gals...

greentea
Veteran
greentea
In response to Sassynai

Anyone going to the Rubber Stamp and Scrapbook Expo this weekend in Pomona?
DH's cousin works at one of the booth so I'm definitely going on Sunday.

Ranita
Ranita 
Diva
Ranita
In response to greentea

Hadn't heard about it. After last weekend, I don't know that I should be shopping....I need to be scrapping.

Tenant
In response to Ranita

Hi all,
new to the board, checking to see whose here from so cal. I shopped the expo last weekend on Sat. Took dd, her bf and her mother, spent a lot of money, mostly at embellish it buying the new bg. Didn't take classes, usually save that for the SD expo, make a great weekend of it with friends, it's our get away from our families. I'm near Pasadena, anyone close by?

cruiselover
Mayor
cruiselover
In response to lindainsocal

Hi, I'm new too. I went to the OC Expo also and had such a great time. I'm in Orange County! I love this website but I'm still getting to know it.

brandiey1
Idol
brandiey1

Hi Connie, I'm in the San Gabriel Valley just East of you in Baldwin Park... I love reading posts where people are from, seems like such a small world.

brandiey1
Idol
brandiey1
In response to ~Chere~

• karri Said:
hi Im in big bear lake. I HAVE NO SCRAP BUDDIES!!!!! WAAAAA

Hey someone actually lives near me, I live in Yucaipa and I have NO scrap buddies either maybe we should get together! You got lots of snow last night huh? The mountains were so pretty this morning when I woke up.

I was just in Lake Arrowhead yesterday for a scrap retreat with my CM Upline (I am a CM Consultant). She's relatively new to the area and there were 2 of her neighbors there scrapbooking with us, if you would like to send me a private email through my place I'll send you her info.

Craftytinkerbell
Veteran
Craftytinkerbell
In response to brandiey1

• brandiey1 Said:
Hi Connie, I'm in the San Gabriel Valley just East of you in Baldwin Park... I love reading posts where people are from, seems like such a small world.

Hi Brandie... wow you really are pretty close to me! it's always good to see ppl from my area Huggs

cindee317
Idol
cindee317

I just found this category! So glad to find all you souther californians!

CrazyMango
Expert
CrazyMango
In response to cindee317

Welcome to all of you Southern Cali scrappers that have just joined Scrapbook.com and found this thread!

Cheers!

scrapqueen21
Diva
scrapqueen21
In response to CrazyMango

I went to the expo it was so much fun! I got sucked in the li'l davis booth and spent too much $$ I also took their chipboard album class it was really cute!

MammaJamma
Idol
MammaJamma
In response to scrapqueen21

I haven't checked in here for awhile. Too hard to read all those posts about the OC Expo when I knew I couldn't go (boo hoo!) Hearing about the Li'l Davis booth is just killing me.

Waving hello to all the SoCal-ers who I haven't met yet! I'm in the San Gabriel Valley too. So, just curious where you other SGV scrappers do your SB shopping? Clue me in to the SB stores that I might not know about.

brandiey1
Idol
brandiey1
In response to MammaJamma

I go to Hearts N Crafts in Covina at the intersection of Citrus Ave. and Cypress Ave. and there's also a new one in San Dimas (forgot the name, sorry) they're right off Arrow Hwy after Bonita in the shopping center with Applebee's and Cost Plus. Their stock is usually full of the newest stuff. YOu should definitely check them out!

PixieMegh
Pro
PixieMegh
In response to brandiey1

Just popping in to say hi since I've been AWOL for a bit.

MammaJamma
Idol
MammaJamma
In response to PixieMegh

I like your new tag line, Pixie. I guess you could be aka "PixelMegh" -lol!

PixieMegh
Pro
PixieMegh

LOL

MammaJamma
Idol
MammaJamma
In response to brandiey1

• brandiey1 Said:
I go to Hearts N Crafts in Covina at the intersection of Citrus Ave. and Cypress Ave. and there's also a new one in San Dimas (forgot the name, sorry) they're right off Arrow Hwy after Bonita in the shopping center with Applebee's and Cost Plus. Their stock is usually full of the newest stuff. YOu should definitely check them out!

Brandie somehow I missed your post. Doh! Thump on the head to me! Those are the two stores I haunt too.

The store in San Dimas is called Scrapping Good Times and guess what?!? I was just asked to be on their newly forming Design Team! Wow, I'm so excited. Kristin (3boyzmom) was asked awhile ago, so it will be nice to already know one of the DT members. Kristin and I are going to team up to teach classes too.

We need to get that girl over to this thread. You know how I met her? I was cropping at SGT and she was in there talking to someone about doing swaps, so I stuck my nosy nose into the conversation and said something, can't remember what. At some point I asked where she swaps and she said SB.com so we exchanged user names. It's such a small world sometimes.

Edited by MammaJamma on 03-14-06 09:27 AM. Reason for edit: typo

Fashion~101
Tenant
Fashion~101

Hi, Just found this place. Anyone near Lancaster/Palmdale area?

Stephstr
Guru
Stephstr
In response to Fashion~101

I just found you all I want to say Hi to all my neighbors from So Cal!!! I grew up in Northridge and now live in Simi.

cruiselover
Mayor
cruiselover
In response to Stephstr

Hi Stephanie and MotoXMom
Welcome!
I live in Orange County. I love this website, alot of nice people here. I'm sure you will love it too.

Stephstr
Guru
Stephstr
In response to cruiselover

You all are so nice, I love making new frinds.

bethtrue
Tenant
bethtrue
In response to Stephstr

Happy St. Patrick's day everyone. I went to a fun class last nite at Everafter Scrapbooks (in Carlsbad) on using Bazzill papers; it was a lot of fun; I haven't used Bazzill papers that much until now... I think I'll want to use it a lot more often now! I also picked up some cool Basic Grey papers to do some baby pages for my son.

Anyway -Happy Friday too - everyone have a great weekend!
-

Ranita
Ranita 
Diva
Ranita
In response to bethtrue

That sounds like fun. I love taking classes. I am signed up to take two classes at my lss next month. Should be fun.

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you, too!
Happy Friday!!!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Ranita

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you, too!
Happy Friday!!!

wjnielson
Idol
wjnielson

Haven't stopped by for a while...just wanted to say hello

CrazyMango
Expert
CrazyMango
In response to wjnielson

I haven't checked in here for a while...so I just wanted to say hello! Since some of us went to the Scrapbooking Expo in Orange County, the San Diego Expo has been on my mind lately and I haven't shopped (for scrapboking supplies) in a lonnnnngggggg time......even though it isn't until a few months from now, but I can't wait!!!

Jazharamai
Idol
Jazharamai

Hi, everyone! I see some new neighbors here... welcome!
It's good to be back (and scrapping again)!
I didn't go through all the posts but is there anyone around La Mesa or Lemon Grove?
Raquel, when are we cropping again? I've missed you, girl!

Scrappy Grace
Idol
Scrappy Grace
In response to Jazharamai

just wanted to say hello to all my scrapbooking neighbors here in so cal. anyone live close to norwalk (like cerritos, buena park, anaheim, etc.)and want to get together to crop?

mguray
mguray 
Resident
mguray

Hi everyone! I'm so glad I found this thread! I'm in the Corona area. I started scrapbooking in 2000 but stopped for a couple of years. I just got back into it again. I'm looking forward to talking with you So Cal ladies!

CrazyMango
Expert
CrazyMango

• Jazharamai Said:
Hi, everyone! I see some new neighbors here... welcome!
It's good to be back (and scrapping again)!
I didn't go through all the posts but is there anyone around La Mesa or Lemon Grove?
Raquel, when are we cropping again? I've missed you, girl!

I was going to ask you the same thing. Melissa (ScrapperInSanDiego) is also wanting to meet up to crop, too. Maybe, its time to set up a Scrapbook.com Crop at Memories'.... Glad to know that you're still 'alive'. LOL! PM me and let me know when is a good day for you...my days off from work has changed.

Kristi B.
Veteran
Kristi B.

HAVEN'T STOPPED BY HERE FOR A WHILE. THOUGHT I'D SAY HELLO. ANYBODY GOT ANY EVENT/STORE NEWS? I'VE BEEN SO BUSY WITH SWAPS AND GETTING ALL MY EXPO GOODIES PUT AWAY, I HAVEN'T HAD ANY TIME TO ORGANIZE AN ALL DAY CROP. YOU ALL KNOW OF ANY?

MaaMa 
New Kid On the Block
  • MaaMa on 03-26-06 11:34 AM
In response to greekgirl

Hi.. I live in San Dimas California and am a grandma of 4... I was wondering if there is anyone out there that lives in my area that would like to get together for some cropping. We can meet at a Starbucks and make some plans.

Leave me a post and I will get back to you asap.

MaaMax4

MammaJamma
Idol
MammaJamma
In response to MaaMa

Hi MaaMa~

Scrappin' Good Times in San Dimas has a coffee crop every Tuesday morning at 9am. I don't go every week, but I'm trying to go more often than I used to. Will probably be there tomorrow.

Stephstr
Guru
Stephstr

Just came to see what was new and say "Hi" to everyone

bethtrue
Tenant
bethtrue
In response to Stephstr

Hey all - when is the San Diego Expo? Anyone have the dates? I want to put that one on my calendar for sure.

Also - I came across this Charity Fundraiser Scrap-a-Thon; thought i'd pass along the info to all you San Diegan's - I don't know anything about it but it looks like it might be fun. April 29; $50.00 for all day 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. crop.

www dot scrapbookroyalty dot com

(replace the "dot" with .)

Kristi B.
Veteran
Kristi B.
In response to bethtrue

I HAVE JUNE 16TH AND 17TH WRITTEN. GUESS THEY CUT OUT THURSDAY. I'LL POST IF I FIND MORE INFO.

Kristi B.
Veteran
Kristi B.
In response to Kristi B.

2006 10th Annual
San Diego Scrapbook EXPO

Friday & Saturday ~ June 16 & 17, 2006

New Location !!!

San Diego Convention Center
111 W. Harbor Drive
San Diego, CA 92101

2006 Online Pre-Registration will be open Friday, April 14, 2006 at 8:00am PST through Sunday, June 11, 2006.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One Lucky Grand Prize Winner will receive an
Armoire from Hobby Hideaway

Winner must be present to win.
The Drawing will be held on the final day of the EXPO at 5:05pm.
Winner will need to schedule a date and time with Hobby Hideaway for delivery/pickup.
(Delivery charges are the responsibility of the recipient.)

Friday
6/16
Saturday
6/17

Doors Open to the Public:
10:00am - 6:00pm
10:00am - 5:00pm

Box Office Opens
9:00am

EXPO Floor Opens:

VIP Only **
9:00am - 10:00am
9:00am - 10:00am

General
10:00am
10:00am

Workshops
9:00am - 5:00pm

Evening Workshops

Crop Night
6:00pm - midnight
N/A

** If you pre-register for a workshop or crop ticket you qualify to purchase VIP Admission.
~ Additional Cropping Hour on Saturday Night ~

GENERAL INFORMATION
General Admission Ticket $ 8.00 each day

Workshop Tickets $10.00 - $39.00 per class

Friday Crop $15.00 per person.

Reserve a Table for 6, at the Friday Crop Party $110.00 per table

EXHIBIT HALL
Shop Till you Drop!

One of the most exciting things about the Expo is the Scrapbook Mall! There will be many booths filled with anything and everything an avid scrapbooker could ever want. Bring scissors, adhesive and extra blank scrapbook pages for the numerous make & takes on the exhibit floor. Various manufacturers will also be demonstrating new products and services.

SCRAPBOOK EXPO PAGE CONTEST
Rules & Regulations

We can’t wait to see the talents of the scrapbookers who are coming to the Scrapbook Expo! Bring your entries for the Scrapbook Expo "PAGE LAYOUT" contest to the door prize booth. Please remember to include your name, address, phone number and e-mail address on the back of your pages (please put page numbers on the back of each two page layout). Photocopies only—no originals, please.

Entries will be judged on creativity, originality, craftsmanship and the quality of the photos.

Awards for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place will be presented.

Pages must be turned in to the Door Prize Booth by noon on final day of the expo. Winners will be announced the last day of the show at 4:30 pm. All entrants release the rights to Scrapbook Expo.

Add your email address to our Email List service

to keep yourself informed on information about our EXPO.
http://www.scrapbookexpo.com/sd/index.asp

CrazyMango
Expert
CrazyMango
In response to Kristi B.

I'll be going to the Scrapbook Expo in June! Hope to see some of you there!!!

bethtrue
Tenant
bethtrue

Hi DK102499 - thanks so much for the info - I'm going to put it on my calendar and copy the information you provided!! I am really looking forward to it!! Might have to take a day off work!!

Scrapgurl78
Diva
Scrapgurl78
In response to PixieMegh

Hello ladies! My name is Trisha and I live in San Bernardino County near CSUSB. I didn't know there was a So Cali thead! Cool!
Hope to hear from you all!

cruiselover
Mayor
cruiselover
In response to Scrapgurl78

Hi Trisha, Welcome. I live in Orange County, not too far away.

MammaJamma
Idol
MammaJamma

Hi Trisha~

Welcome to our group and be sure to add this thread to your favorites so you can stay in touch.

Hey all, my LSS is having a Spring Fling day on April 8. They will be hosting a progressive Make-N-Take and other specials. It's in the San Dimas Area near 57 fwy.

From the newsletter:
"Here is the scoop. We will be doing a Progressive Make & Take. Each guest will be given paper bags. You will go from station to station adding to your paper bags. At each station a new product will be highlighted along with a technique or demonstration on a tool. Once you have made your way through all the stations, you will have a COMPLETE PAPER BAG BOOK!!"

If you want more info, PM me.

Ranita
Ranita 
Diva
Ranita

That sounds like fun. I wish I could go, but we already have a family thing this weekend that we have to go to.
Let us know how it turns out.

scrappinPA
Idol
scrappinPA
In response to Ranita

Great!! A CAlifornia group
just stopped in to say hello

MammaJamma
Idol
MammaJamma
In response to scrappinPA

• scrappinPA Said:
Great!! A CAlifornia group
just stopped in to say hello

Welcome, scrappinPA! Where are you located? And what's your name?

Glad you found us Cali neighbors!

MammaJamma
Idol
MammaJamma
In response to Ranita

• Ranita Said:
That sounds like fun. I wish I could go, but we already have a family thing this weekend that we have to go to.
Let us know how it turns out.

I'm getting nervous since this will be the first time teaching SB for me (well, at least in a "formal" setting). There are 26 people signed up so far. The limit for the event is 50. Eeeek!

I'll be sure to post after it's behind me and let ya'all know how it went.

scrappinPA
Idol
scrappinPA

i live in the san fernando valley. i'm actually on the email list for lss in san dimas (dont know if i'm allowed to write the name)so i know about the spring fling and was planning on going but my oldest is sick . i will try to get to the store one day. i love visiting lss, each one is unique to the owner and i find embellishments that i dont see in stores near here. i.e. the first time i saw all the embellishments from the Scrapworks line was while i was visiting a store in culver city

MammaJamma
Idol
MammaJamma

Sorry I won't get to meet you this weekend, but I know how it is with sick kiddoes. Family first! Hope s/he is better soon.

I love visiting other sb stores too. I always find something "new".

Have a great weekend!

Ranita
Ranita 
Diva
Ranita

Hey Cindy....good luck with the class this weekend. I'm sure you'll be great. Looking forward to hearing how it goes.

bethtrue
Tenant
bethtrue
In response to Ranita

San Diego Scrapbook Expo - remember today is pre-registration for the classes. i just registered for 3 classes on Saturday; some classes are already sold out!!

Edited by bethtrue on 04-14-06 09:41 AM. Reason for edit: edited to add "San Diego"

wjnielson
Idol
wjnielson
In response to bethtrue

hey ladies...I am gonna plan an crop up here at my community center...It is going to be in the next few weeks but I haven't heard on my date for the room...I will keep you gals posted though...I would love to meet some more of yoU!

cruiselover
Mayor
cruiselover
In response to wjnielson

Just wanted to remind you gals in case you are interested. Lisa Bearnson's going to be on QVC our time at 9 pm tonight (Monday). She has TSV kit. It will be on Tuesday also.

wjnielson
Idol
wjnielson
In response to Gramma3x!!

I know this is a long way off but was too excited not to say anything...Jan 2007 CHA will be in Anahiem, CA!!!!!!! We all need to plan on meeting up there!

~Chere~
Diva
~Chere~
In response to wjnielson

Hi guys, I haven't checked this thread in a long time... I know bad, bad, bad! Just wanted to stop and say Hi again and I promise I'll check in more often!

I think I'm going to go to the San Diego Expo, gotta talk DH into making a weekend out of it. Anyone else going?

PixieMegh
Pro
PixieMegh
In response to Stephstr

Hadn't peeked in here in awhile. Hey all!!

MammaJamma
Idol
MammaJamma
In response to PixieMegh

Just stopping by to say hello too. It's been awhile since I stopped by.

I'm hoping/planning to go to winter CHA (can't believe it's an actual possibility for once). There's even some small *possibility* of me going to Memory Trends this fall in Vegas.

PixieMegh
Pro
PixieMegh

WE are going Cindy! I've been doing the happy dance all DAY about CHA!! I was so bummed when it was in Vegas and I just COULDN'T make it... but here in Anaheim? Wild horses won't be able to drag me away!!

~Chere~
Diva
~Chere~
In response to PixieMegh

Ok, this might be a silly question but can anyone go to CHA or do you have to own some kind of store to go?

MammaJamma
Idol
MammaJamma
In response to ~Chere~

I'm guessing you have to be affiliated with a store, but don't know for sure. Our LSS has already said they will get passes for us (DT), but if I didn't have that connection I think I would beg around until I found a way.

PixieMegh
Pro
PixieMegh

I'm pretty sure they sell guest passes of some sort. I don't know if that will allow you to BUY or if you have to buy at a higher price (ie: not wholesale) but to JUST BE THERE would be soooooo cool!!

Jazharamai
Idol
Jazharamai
In response to PixieMegh

HI, everyone! i'm still "alive"! LOL things have been around here for a while hence i've been MIA.
Jen (wjnielson), thanks for the invite... i'd love to join you on the 6th but dd has long been signed up for the race for literacy at Balbo Park. hope to join you next time! lemme know how it turns out, ok?
hey, Raquel P., maybe we could crop at Memories... again soon? let's keep in touch, aight?
to all SoCal ladies!

MammaJamma
Idol
MammaJamma

Right back at you, Lelynne!

DchsofAbby
Resident
DchsofAbby

Hi everyone. I just recently moved to San Diego so I'm trying to find some good scrapbook store s. I've been to 3 different Jo-Anns and was very disappointed since the Jo-Anns in my hometown had a HUGE scrapbook section. I've also been to 2 Michael's but I need some things that these stores don't carry. I heard Mission Valley has a store but I haven't been there yet. TIA

bethtrue
Tenant
bethtrue
In response to DchsofAbby

So what is everyone doing locally for National Scrapbooking Day (this Sat)? I'm going to a 12-hour crop marathon (12 noon to 12 midnight) at EverAfter Scrapbooks in Carlsbad!

scrappin_diva
Veteran
scrappin_diva

hello all. i live in oceanside ca. i was wondering if there is anyone this way. dont know too many people out here.

bethtrue
Tenant
bethtrue
In response to scrappin_diva

Hi - i'm just south of you, in Encinitas!!

wjnielson
Idol
wjnielson
In response to Gramma3x!!

Happy Cinco de Mayo cali girls!

scrappinPA
Idol
scrappinPA
In response to wjnielson

Have you guys ever done a "shop hop"? the florida thread does it, it looks like tons of fun. I wonder if we could get lss in So cali to participate?

cruiselover
Mayor
cruiselover

Okay, I have to ask, what is a "shop hop"??

scrappinPA
Idol
scrappinPA

from the shop hop thread...

Shop Hops were started by quilting stores and now the concept is being used by scrapbook store s... In our Hop 10 area shops agreed to participate - you pay a fee and receive a shopping tote and a passport along with a 15% discount on everything you buy. Each store has a givea away basket that you can register for and there is a grand prize drawing that you become entered in when you turn in your stamped passport (after visiting all participating stores). Most stores provide goodies bags and refreshments for the shop hoppers. Some people travel the route in one day, others throughout the time period.

cruiselover
Mayor
cruiselover

ScrappinPA, thanks for the explanation. Sounds fun, too bad our stores didn't participate in something like that.

wjnielson
Idol
wjnielson

That sounds like fun and could be very dangerous...lol

PixieMegh
Pro
PixieMegh
In response to wjnielson

No kidding! VERY fun though!

wjnielson
Idol
wjnielson
In response to PixieMegh

Happy Mother's Day!

Sassynai
Governor
Sassynai
In response to wjnielson

Hello ladies... I have been MIA kinda... just wanted to pop in and say hello...

Is any one going to the Scrapbook Expo in San Diego? I believe it is June 16th and 17th at the Convention center...

Edited by Sassynai on 05-15-06 12:27 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

wjnielson
Idol
wjnielson
In response to Sassynai

I think I am going but not 100% yet...I have been talking to some friends about going...it would be fun to meet up there

~Chere~
Diva
~Chere~
In response to wjnielson

I'm going on Saturday, I signed up for 5 workshops to keep me busy. Hopefully that way I won't spend as much $$$ as I did at the OC Expo...YIKES!

Stephstr
Guru
Stephstr
In response to ~Chere~

Came in to say hi!!

April Luvs Cats
Idol
April Luvs Cats
In response to Stephstr

Hi I am from wildomar , so cal , near murrieta , I am thinking of going to the expo it looks fun. I am kinda a newbie so I will be attending alot of the basic /intermediate classes there , I am slowly opening pandora's box , and I am having fun.
Nice to meet you all,
April

Page 3 of 37 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics