Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: Idaho        (Topic#998833)
Peasy
Peasy 
Diva
Peasy
  • Peasy on 05-01-06 06:18 AM
In response to nicknkjsmom

That card day sounds SO fun.

Catmiller
Expert
Catmiller
In response to Peasy

Just noticed this discussion! I'm in Meridian . . . have been in the Boise area since 1990. Before the big growth spurt! I moved here from Oregon.

I usually shop at Joanns,Michaels, Craft Warehouse and fill in with stuff from Walmart and Target, believe it or not.

Hope more Idahoans are reading this lately. It would be fun to plan a scrapping party!

Tamaroo
Diva
Tamaroo
In response to bearfootboo

I grew up in Lewiston Idaho - when I go back and visit there is a store in Clarkston Washington on Bridge Street that is pretty good if you get up that way! I miss Idaho too sometimes. I was over in Eastern Oregon last week for work and it always makes me miss the good old days!

jgoodin
Veteran
jgoodin
In response to Tamaroo

Hello Idaho scrappers. Well, our best friends recently purchased some property in Cocolala, ID (near Coeur d'Alene) so that's the area we'll be looking for a home as well.

We're still desperately trying to finish our home to get it on the market, hopefully only another week or two. Then we can head back to Idaho and do some serious house searching.

Idol
In response to jgoodin

Hey everyone. It has been a while since I have been here but if anyone is interested in getting together for a Friday or Saturday night crop and Cut N Paste, give me a shout.

Mrs. Cody
Veteran
Mrs. Cody
In response to Weeblossom

Anyone from Idaho Falls or Pocatello? We are thinking of moving there because of our bad air here. My dh thinks I would get to lonely away from our dd and her kids. I think I could make some scrap friends and be ok. (DH works away half of the time).

Idol
In response to Mrs. Cody

There are lots of scrappy gals in this state. I am sure that you would be able to find someone to chat with or scrap with. Good luck.

Idol

• nicknkjsmom Said:
I haven't for ages but would love to! Cut N Paste has them so does Paper Cottage, I think Cut N Paste has Friday and Saturdays. Also, in July, usually around the 23rd there is a big scrapbook store event where you take a card to all of the stores participating, they stamp it, you get to do fun free make and takes and then there is a free bbq back at Craft Warehouse after! It is way cool because you get to check out lots of styles, and the freebies are fun! I found a new scrapbook store that way once! I am looking forward to it! Maybe you will be here by then? Maybe a couple of us can get together at a crop and get acquainted. I don't have many people to scrap with either! Look forward to meeting you!

This is a lot of fun. I participated last year and it really helped me find my way around after just having moved here.

BrightonandTannersma
Mayor
BrightonandTannersma

Well, girls... I am moving in Jan/Feb to Mountain Home...

So I'm sure I'll see some of you there!!!

Idol
In response to BrightonandTannersma

• BrightonandTannersma Said:
Well, girls... I am moving in Jan/Feb to Mountain Home...

So I'm sure I'll see some of you there!!!

I can't wait. Maybe by then I will have finally met Monica and the three of us can get together and scrap.

Peasy
Peasy 
Diva
Peasy
  • Peasy on 06-06-06 09:11 AM

Almost there!! We were house hunting this weekend.

BrightonandTannersma
Mayor
BrightonandTannersma
In response to Peasy

Yeah, that would be all right...

sillygurl2
Tenant
sillygurl2
In response to Mrs. Cody

Edited by sillygurl2 on 07-29-06 11:51 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

BrightonandTannersma
Mayor
BrightonandTannersma
In response to sillygurl2

All right girls... Is there a good sb store in Boise that also has a decent size crop room... I am trying to decide wether or not I want to try to set up a crop sometime next spring...

nicknkjsmom
Resident
nicknkjsmom

Cut n Paste on Cole Road is a great store and has the biggest crop room I know of. I would love to come to a crop if you have one, let me know!

Catmiller
Expert
Catmiller

I'd love to know of any local crop nights as well!

Idol

All right girls... Is there a good sb store in Boise that also has a decent size crop room... I am trying to decide wether or not I want to try to set up a crop sometime next spring...

Cut N Paste would be the best location for a crop. They have a great sized scrap space. I used to work there and they do hold private crops. The price tends to vary on the amount of people coming and the way that you book it. If you want more info just send me a PM.

Jewelybean
Idol
Jewelybean

Hi guys! Just popping in real quick! Anyone from Pocatello or Chubbuck? I'm looking at moving and could use some advice or places that are good areas! PM me!

DebbieB
New Kid On the Block
DebbieB
In response to Jewelybean

Hi Ladies, my name is Debbie. A dear friend of mine is opening a Christian Book Store & Coffee Shop in Nampa. Part of the store is a “conference room” that they are generously allowing people to reserve for pretty much any reason you’d like. I thought it might be fun to get a monthly crop going there. The store isn’t officially open yet, so I’m not sure how many people we can seat. I’ve tentatively set up the crop for the first Friday of each month, from 6pm to close (which I believe is 11pm). September 1st will be our first crop. Wanna come? I’d love to have you there!!

P.S. The owners of the store aren’t organizing this...I’m the “mastermind.” LOL (Just wanted you to know this isn’t a sales thing.)

nicknkjsmom
Resident
nicknkjsmom
In response to DebbieB

Hi Debbie! I would be really interested in coming to your crop! Can you tell me where in Nampa the store is located so I can get an idea of travel time? I live in Eagle on the far NE side off of Hwy 55. Keep me in the loop, I'll try to come!

Catmiller
Expert
Catmiller

I'd love to come, too!! I live in Meridian, so not even a long drive for me. I'd love directions to the store . . . PM me with details!

DebbieB
New Kid On the Block
DebbieB
In response to Catmiller

Yeaaaaahhhh!!! I'd love for you girls to come!!! The store address in 138 S. Midland Blvd. in Nampa. It's a wonderful book store & coffee shop (great coffee by the way).

The last time I was in the store the "conference room" was still housing all the items they hadn't been able to get into displays yet. So...bad news...we may not be able to crop until October. But, it will be worth waiting for.

I will work on getting directions for you. I need help with that, as I give the worst directions!!

I'll be soooo glad to meet you guys!!

Catmiller
Expert
Catmiller
In response to DebbieB

Any more updates on this??

Craftytinkerbell
Veteran
Craftytinkerbell

just stopping by with a smile

I am now living in Star, Idaho, and loving it here... been here since July 2006.

Craftytinkerbell
Veteran
Craftytinkerbell
In response to Craftytinkerbell

geesh, i guess you all just disappeared huh? no more idaho-ians or whatever I'm supposed to call us! LOL...

Catmiller
Expert
Catmiller

I think we're "Idahoans", lol. I'm still here! I'm sure there are a few more, too, they just don't read this thread,

Craftytinkerbell
Veteran
Craftytinkerbell
In response to Catmiller

thanks I was just curious... I used to be on the So CA thread (a little) till moving... that thread was always booming so I guess I just expected this one to also... LOL...

then again, everyone may have run off b/c yet ANOTHER CA person has shown up here in Idaho, LOL...

Huggs!
Connie Jean

Catmiller
Expert
Catmiller

LOL They may have to rename this state, maybe Idafornia or Caliho? Who am I to talk, really. I grew up in Oregon. Have lived here for almost 17 years though, so pretty much all of my adult life. This population boom has been CRAZY.

Craftytinkerbell
Veteran
Craftytinkerbell
In response to Catmiller

LMBO... great names. Love em... not sure I'd want to live in states named that way though.. LOL.

nicknkjsmom
Resident
nicknkjsmom

Hey I'm still here, in Eagle to be exact. Let's get together at a crop sometime! Maybe the first Friday or Saturday in November? I like Cut N Paste or Paper Cottage, what do you guys think?

Catmiller
Expert
Catmiller

Great idea! I've only been to in home crops, but I'm game to the lss, too. How do we organize something like that?

nicknkjsmom
Resident
nicknkjsmom
In response to Catmiller

Here's a calendar for Paper Cottage on Fairview & Eagle Road. I'm up for the 11/10 crop if you have time, what do you think? If that doesn't work there is also Cut N Paste on Cole and Craft Warehouse on Eagle Rd.

http://www.papercottage.com/calendar.php?year=2006&...

Catmiller
Expert
Catmiller

That might work out well for me, I think I'm free that night and I live close to there. I'll check to be sure and let you know. Do I need to call them to save a spot?

Craftytinkerbell
Veteran
Craftytinkerbell
In response to Catmiller

just thought I'd say hello to my fellow IDAHOANS

Catmiller
Expert
Catmiller

Hi back to you Connie Jean!

Kristi O
New Kid On the Block
Kristi O
In response to Catmiller

Merry Christmas everyone! I live in Lewiston, Idaho. Wish that we could have a crop here!

Catmiller
Expert
Catmiller
In response to Kristi O

Merry Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Craftytinkerbell
Veteran
Craftytinkerbell
In response to Catmiller

hey ya'll...

wanted to give a quick wave to my fellow idahoans.

btw, i now work at Cut n Paste... have been for a little over a month.

Craftytinkerbell
Veteran
Craftytinkerbell

well, i guess you can figure i'm not working at CNP anymore. They closed their doors! Any of you planning on going to Archiver's grand opening this friday? I do, I do!

MomtoMattKatelynn
Expert
MomtoMattKatelynn

I don't live in Idaho but I used to live in Mtn. Home. Moved from there in 01 after I graduated HS. I'll be coming back in five years for my reunion and will have to check out some of the stores. Especially in Boise and Nampa (grandparents live there)!

Seaside Dreams
Veteran
Seaside Dreams
In response to MomtoMattKatelynn

Hello Idahoans...still out here in Fruitland. Will have to get to Nampa and check out the new place! Did go to Archiver's today - that was fun! I miss Cut N' Paste, though.

andreatuttle
Tenant
andreatuttle
In response to cougbri

An Archivers just recently opened in Boise by the mall. There are two awesome stores called Paper Cottage (one in Meridian and one in Boise). The Craft Warehouse has a great assortment as well!!

andreatuttle
Tenant
andreatuttle
In response to bearfootboo

Anyone in the Nampa area?! I live in Nampa, but teach in Payette and I am trying to find a way to make friends in this area!! Thanks.

melilou
Guru
melilou
In response to andreatuttle

I'm in Meridian, so I'm fairly close to Nampa. I'm pretty new to scrapbooking in general, but somehow I managed to dive right in...

andreatuttle
Tenant
andreatuttle
In response to melilou

It's the best hobby . . . I just wish that I had more time for it!!

Blondee
Tenant
Blondee
In response to andreatuttle

Hey ladies! I am still in Marsing which is south of Nampa! Sorry I have been MIA!

Craftytinkerbell
Veteran
Craftytinkerbell
In response to Blondee

Hello All... I'm in Star... not too far from Nampa :-) I go there often enough. It's been a looong summer for me and I've not been online much. Looking foward to fall time already! Thinking of you all and hoping you have a wonderful week!

Not From ID but live in nearby Spokane Valley, close to CDA in North Idaho. Have gone to a LSS in CDA a couple of times.

jgoodin
Veteran
jgoodin
In response to snickerscraps - lchscrap - linda hur

For anyone near Sandpoint, ID:

Scrap Pink. September 29th, 9:00am - 9:00pm. This all day crop benefiting the Susan G. Komen for the Cure® Breast Cancer Foundation will be held in one of the banquet rooms at the beautiful Lodge at Sandpoint Enjoy breathtaking views as you scrapbook for an entire day. Included in the $25 crop fee is crop space, a goodie bag, drawings for amazing prizes, shopping with scrapbook vendors, use of scrap tools, continental breakfast and dinner, snacks and drinks throughout the day. Walk-ins will be welcome (limited to space availability) at $30 per cropper.

Consultants from Top Line Creations, Close to My Heart, The Angel Company, Stampin' Up and I Remember When will be available for shopping, make-n-takes and company information and I hope to have representatives from the Komen Foundation on site to provide information on breast health (i.e. self exams, early detection, support and treatment).

To reserve your space for Scrap Pink pm me. Space is limited so get your reservation early; you won't want to miss this fantastic and important event.

Plan ahead and schedule some time at the spa to rejuvenate yourself. Participants can choose to have lunch on site at The Landing, or at other restaurants nearby. Reserve spa time by calling The Lodge at Sandpoint (208) 263-2211 (tell them you're coming for the Scrap Pink event).

Sponsors of this event:
Joanne Goodin, owner of I Scrap and independent Top Line Creations advisor, The Lodge at Sandpoint, Dream Street Papers, Cosmo Cricket , Hot Off The Press, Inc., Me & My Big Ideas, ClearSnap, Scenic Route Paper Co., SRM Stickers, Creating Keepsakes , SEI , Ribbon and Bows Oh My!, Meri Meri, Magic Mesh, Scottish Borders Stamping, Anne Bridges, independent Close To My Heart consultant, Beth Gruenke, independent The Angel Company demonstrator, Donna Bagwell, independent Stampin' Up demonstrator, and Lori Darden, independent I Remember When consultant.

Sponsors of Nationwide events:
Better Homes and Gardens® Scrapbooks, etc®, Basic Grey , Sizzix, Fancy Pants Designs, Heidi Swapp , Die Cuts With a View , Adobe, K & Company, Prism Papers for a Lifetime, Provo Craft, Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L.

jgoodin
Veteran
jgoodin
In response to jgoodin

UPDATE:

The donations I've received for this event have been amazing! I have so many fantastic items that the goodie bags will be very full, some things will be placed for auction and others for sale at discounted prices with all additional proceeds going to the Susan G. Komen for the Cure® Breast Cancer Foundation.

The crop is a little over half full, so if you're interested in joining us, contact me soon!

Seaside Dreams
Veteran
Seaside Dreams
In response to jgoodin

Hi Idaho girls....anybody still here?

I'm in Boise now - we moved in September....haven't had a lot of time to scrap since then, although I posted a layout this evening that I did yesterday. First one since we moved. It was nice to get back in the swing of things.

Hope there are still some Idaho gals around!

Craftytinkerbell
Veteran
Craftytinkerbell
In response to Seaside Dreams

I'm here Becky (which by the way, I'm the same Connie Jean from Faith Scrappers!) Nice to see you here!!!

Kimerlyban
New Kid On the Block
Kimerlyban

Hi there---I'm here in Pocatello, Idaho.

New to this website thing, as I just don't have time. With all of life's adventures, it's a wonder I have time to scrap at all!

TTFN,
Kim

melilou
Guru
melilou
In response to Kimerlyban

I'm in Meridian... Hadn't checked the thread in a while... I checked out your LOs since the move. They're very beautiful...

Seaside Dreams
Veteran
Seaside Dreams
In response to melilou

Thanks! It's nice to see a few Idaho girls poking around!

I haven't been back to the thread in a while either.

Connie Jean, nice to see you!

Craftytinkerbell
Veteran
Craftytinkerbell
In response to Seaside Dreams

Just stopping in to say hello Hope you all are doing well. Does anyone in the Boise / Nampa area know of a good place to sell craft items (not handmade stuff)? I'm trying to unload items and the craigslist is just not doing much good. Do we have any flea markets or smth in the area??? Thanks!

melilou
Guru
melilou

I don't know of any, but in spite of being here two years I feel like I'm still learning the area. I'd love to hear if anyone else does know of any.

scrappinnanaof4
Resident
scrappinnanaof4
In response to melilou

I live in SE Idaho!! Arco to be exact. Just a little rural town NW of Idaho Falls! We have no LSS in our town so I do most of my ordering online. I don't have any scrappy friends either!! Oh, I take that back. My just turned 5 yesterday granddaughter loves to scrap with me. She's been scrapping since she was 3 and I must admit that she's pretty darn good at it!!! I just bought her a new AMM scrapbook bag for her birthday!! She's going to love it because it is pink and black and it's big like Nana's!!

hollystar
Veteran
hollystar
In response to scrappinnanaof4

i lived in ketchum for a spell and i never noticed anything for papercrafting! please tell me boise and twin falls have something...

K Doty
K Doty 
New Kid On the Block
K Doty
In response to Kels

Anyone in North Idaho??

jgoodin
Veteran
jgoodin
In response to K Doty

Hi Mama Doty,

I'm in North Idaho... Sagle to be exact, near Sandpoint. Where are you located?

New Kid On the Block
In response to melilou

Hi! I just wanted to let all of you ladies in SW IDaho know about a weekend retreat in McCall on April 24-26th. Check out our website: http://scrappinsisters.homestead.com

I would also love to get together with people now and then in the Payette area. IF I spent less time on the computer, I would have more time to scrapbook.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to southern lady

anyone in Hailey or ketchum area. I just moved here

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to cougbri

hello I might be move out here are there any one out here

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

i was wonder if there any scrapbook store in twin falls Idaho. we are move out there is there anyone out that area

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to cougbri

where are the Idaho ladies.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to cougbri

where the Idaho people out there. this is like vegas no one talk on here

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Yes there are two stores and a micheals in twin falls. if you look up scrappin girlfriends twin falls Idaho they have a fb and info online. The other store is just down the street and its called a scrappers and stampers delight.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to andrea m

Boise has Archivers, micheals, hobby lobby and probably more.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to andrea m

yea but I think Boise little to far. but thanks. I am still new in Idaho and don't know much. I would love to meet some people who like to scrapbook.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

I know scrapping girlfriends has classes. I live over an hour from twin falls. I haven't had any luck meeting any scrapbookers in my area. Hope you are able to check those out and meet some people.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to andrea m

thanks I found one scrapbook store that was in my little town of burley so I am going check that out and see maybe I can make some friends. it hard for me to make friends. I just move out here form vegas so I don't have any friends.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

I understand that. We just moved here a year ago and I haven't met anyone. I don't have any scrapbook stores close. Good luck

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to andrea m

thanks I hope I can find someone.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to cougbri

Where are u Idaho people

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to cougbri

any one from Idaho around here I am new here still

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to cougbri

bump

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

Man... When I come home the mext time, I am definitely going to have to talk to you ladies... I want to do a trip to Boise and check out some of the stores...

Is anyone from Twin??? I'm wondering what kind of stores they've got there... Haven't been home in over two years, so I'm sure it's changed a lot!!!

I just move out here I am close to twin

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

was wondering if there anyone in Idaho close to twin falls or around there

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

bump anyone

southern lady