Username Post: Louisiana        (Topic#998846)
Kels
Kels 
Marketing Goddess
Kels
  • Kels on 03-31-05 01:53 PM

Welcome to Louisiana!

Taterdawg
Diva
Taterdawg
In response to Kels

WOO HOO THE RAGIN CAJUNS RIDE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FLscrapper
Mayor
FLscrapper
In response to Taterdawg

WOO HOO...CAJUNS POST HERE!!!!

Hey ya tater

GBSusan
Mayor
GBSusan
In response to FLscrapper

LOL Hi Lisa!!

How are you doing? I HATE time changes! I am so tired today.

Oh....and I made some crawfish and corn chowder the other day! I tried a new recipe and it wasn't too bad.

scrappingmargo
Veteran
scrappingmargo
In response to GBSusan

Hello everyone. I am a true at heart Cajun but have been transplanted here to Texas. I can't even begin to count the things that I miss LOL. So where are all of you in good old LA I grew up in the Lake Charles area in a small town called Dequincey.

GBSusan
Mayor
GBSusan
In response to scrappingmargo

Hello, Margo. I am in Baton Rouge. I am a transplant. We moved here five and a half years ago. We also lived in New Orleans and Reggio (in St Bernard Parish) for four years while in seminary.

I guess after nine and a half years of living here, I can claim it, huh? LOL

RoxyAg04
Idol
RoxyAg04
In response to GBSusan

I graduated highschool in Louisiana, but I'm an Okie now! My parents are actually still in Mandeville, so I go back a lot.

Taterdawg
Diva
Taterdawg
In response to RoxyAg04

I have been through DeQuincy. I live in Leesville in Vernon Parish. I am a transplanted Texan but I have lived allover the South

GBSusan
Mayor
GBSusan
In response to Taterdawg

Ladies, Here is a layout just for our Louisiana gang!

:D

Taterdawg
Diva
Taterdawg
In response to GBSusan

Woo Hoo Eat dem mudbugs

scrappingmargo
Veteran
scrappingmargo
In response to Taterdawg

all I love it. I miss that so much I remeber the big feasts we would have in our town everysummer. And of course me in my yard with my string and bacon. LOL
Great job on the layout.

Taterdawg
Diva
Taterdawg

Gee I used to go fishin for dem mudbugs too with string and bacon

FLscrapper
Mayor
FLscrapper
In response to Taterdawg

GBSusan....I am doing better! I haven't had crawfish/corn chowder...usually make it with shrimp...pass me the receipe or is it the same as with the shrimp?

Hi Margo! I was born and raised in Baton Rouge...been living in Florida for 18 years..I go back home to visit family all the time.

Tater - love your avatar

GBSusan
Mayor
GBSusan

Lisa, I'll have to go look it up. I tried a new "simple" one. It was fairly quick and easy and tasted good! lol And yes, you can use any shrimp chowder recipe and substitute crawfish for it.

GBSusan
Mayor
GBSusan

Ladies, thanks for the comments on the layout. I loved the look on my grandson's face in some of those photos! lol Boy, did he chow down on that crawfish! lol

raider 
New Kid On the Block
In response to GBSusan

does any of you from louisiana ever try to meet up to scrap? there is a bayou scrapping convention coming in july this year in monroe. any possibility of you coming to it? i am originally from west monroe but since meeting my husband i am now in bernice. which is around farmerville.

scrappingmargo
Veteran
scrappingmargo
In response to raider

Oh my goodness hey raider it good to see you hear, you are goin to love it.

New Kid On the Block

I'm going to be visiting New Orleans in September. Just wondering if anyone knows of any scrapbook stores in the area. Thanks!

scrapnmom
Guru
scrapnmom
In response to Ltnscrapgirl

anyone live in the New Orleans or surrounding area????

New Kid On the Block
In response to Kels

DeRidder here. Would love to get together and scrap!
Kim

Kristina_G
Idol
Kristina_G
In response to justpeachy

Hey everybody! I'm so glad to see some cajuns in here... I live not far from Grand Isle. I'm sure some of you know where that's at. You guys from Dequincy and DeRidder My DD's father and family are from there...I wonder if you know them?

scrappingmargo
Veteran
scrappingmargo
In response to Kristina_G

My mom's side is the side from Dequincy, man I sure miss living there. The last name is Joffrion which is pretty common there.

FLscrapper
Mayor
FLscrapper

Just found this thread....I am originally from Baton Rouge area! I go home to visit all the time

Kristina_G
Idol
Kristina_G

OHHHHHHH I have a pic for you to see on my gallery called coon country....I'm a cajun!!!!!!!!!!!!

Taterdawg
Diva
Taterdawg

Where you at Luv????

FLscrapper
Mayor
FLscrapper
In response to Taterdawg

Yes, I would like to know too!!!!

Mudfish24
Veteran
Mudfish24

Hey ladies, I just found this thread. Another cajun here! Born and raised outside of Baton Rouge.

StephanieB
Expert
StephanieB
In response to Mudfish24

Hi. Another "transplanted" cajun here. Although I've been here for 24 years. I'm in Gonzales, La....15 min. south of Br.

StephanieB
Expert
StephanieB
In response to Mudfish24

Sorry... this double posted.

FLscrapper
Mayor
FLscrapper
In response to StephanieB

Hi Stephanie...I was born and raised in Baton Rouge..my sis lived in Prairiville for years..now lives in Central..near Denham Springs.

Mudfish...nice to meet you too!! Where at outside Baton Rouge...I grew up in Baker area. Graduated from Baker High School.

Mudfish24
Veteran
Mudfish24

I'm in Geismar right outside of Gonzales.

Kristina_G
Idol
Kristina_G
In response to Mudfish24

Hey guys sorry I haven't posted here in a while...I am near grand Isle! We are trying to figure out what to do fro the storm if it comes here!!! Can't find a place to stay anywhere!!!!!! Everything is booked solid from here to shreveport!!! Yikes I don't know what we're going to do!!!! I hope none of you are going to get this wherever you live at!!!!

FLscrapper
Mayor
FLscrapper

Jenny...my dad worked for BASF Wyndotte for years down in Geismar until he was hurt in an explosion there.

Kristina...I know all about Grand Isle...I love it downt there! Hope you are ok from the storm!

SandyM 
New Kid On the Block

I live in Bogalusa, LA. It's a very small town and we have no LSS. I just discovered Scrappin' Buds in Slidell yesterday. And we drive to the stores in Baton Rouge a lot because my step-daughter and her husband live there. I've been scrapping since 1994 and love all the changes that have happened. I'm considering trying digital but want to research it first. I'm not sure if I can handle letting go of all the paper. That's my addiction.

I remember GBSusan here from another board we both used to be on. Hi Susan!!! Not sure if you remember me or not.

Glad to be here, look forward to getting to know everyone.

Sandra

RoxyAg04
Idol
RoxyAg04
In response to SandyM

Be safe this week, everyone!!!!

CanadianGirl
Diva
CanadianGirl
In response to RoxyAg04

I hope that you are all staying safe! If you have been affected by this horrible storm and have suffered damages, please check out my thread on the Swaps board which is there to help you.

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showpost.php?post/1237774/

Just state what you need, and our wonderful neighbours will do our best to help you out......YOU ARE NOT ALONE! WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU!

CanadianGirl
Diva
CanadianGirl

if you need help from the hurricane damage, please go here:

I have started a new thread for people who need help or people who want to help.

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showpost.php?post//

KarenRosieRay
Governor
KarenRosieRay
In response to CanadianGirl

Stay safe ...prayers are with you!

aussiescrapper
Pro
aussiescrapper
In response to KarenRosieRay

Thinking of you all. Best wishes...my prayers are with you.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to aussiescrapper

Thinking for and praying for all of you.

Beth1019
Diva
Beth1019
In response to scraprabbit

My heart goes out to all of you during this very difficult time. I hope you all manage to make it thru!! There are many people praying for you now...

ibscrappin
Diva
ibscrappin
In response to Beth1019

I pray that all of you are safe.

walmartshopper
Expert
walmartshopper
In response to ibscrappin

Hello all Cajuns...my grandmother and her entire family live down in Deville/Pineville

New Kid On the Block
In response to walmartshopper

Weekend Scrapbook Event!

MS Paper Arts and Scrapbook Hardware of Baton Rouge are teaming up to bring you a fun filled weekend of cropping, shopping and classes.

Crops begin Friday November 11th at 10:00am and end Saturday November 12th at Midnight!
$50.00 for the entire Weekend Event

Classes will be posted on the MS Paper Arts Website.

www.mspaperarts.com

Mississippi Paper Arts
3341 Hwy 49 South
Florence, MS 39073
601-845-8816

R Miller
Expert
R Miller
In response to scrapdnms

I live in Northeast Louisiana and just wanted to let everybody know about something coming up this summer. Bayou Scrappin will apparently not be having the convention in Monroe this year, due to a death in their family. Our LSS, 3 T's & Me in Monroe, will be hosting Scrapbook Celebration at the West Monroe Convention Center July 14 & 15, 2006. If you are interested, email me and I can tell you the website to register!

luv2scrap1968
Veteran
luv2scrap1968
In response to R Miller

Hello, I just found this site the other day, and am so excited to find a thread for La!! Anyone in or near the Ruston area??
I am really new to scrapping, and could use all the help I can get. I had no idea there was so much to scrapbooking!! I swear, all the papers, embellishments, brads, eyelets, ribbons, die cuts, and TOOLS!!!! and more tools!!!!
I have done a few pages so far, but Nothing like all of yours!! Some of you guys do some Awesome layouts!!
I had planned on going to the Convention in Monroe to learn some tips, and tricks, and just general rules, but since it got cancelled, I am going to have to rely on the internet for help now.
Sorry I got to rambling. I look forward to learning from all of you. I am off to explore more posts on my new playground!!! LOL
Rachel

Rachel

Edited by R Pickett on 01-28-06 09:01 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

doodledot
Veteran
doodledot
In response to luv2scrap1968

Hi yall, I just found this thread. I posted one myself, but I haven't talked to any of you. I am from Zachary, LA. I am originally from the Ruston area. A Louisianian all my life. Nice to see that there are so many of us.

MissMoo214
Expert
MissMoo214
In response to Kels

I'm from So. Cal. but was transplanted here when my hubby got out of the corps. I now live in Rayne. I still have a hard time getting used to life in the country. I would love to make friends with fellow coonasses. Send me a friend request!!

Happy Scrapping!!

Amaw
Amaw 
New Kid On the Block
Amaw
  • Amaw on 04-15-06 04:06 AM
In response to Ltnscrapgirl

Not sure what is happening in the NO area since the storm ... but Metarie has a great scrapbook store ... and in Baton Rouge we have several that have really good stuff

Amaw
Amaw 
New Kid On the Block
Amaw
  • Amaw on 04-15-06 04:08 AM

Kim ... We have a home in DeRidder and plan to move there in a couple years ... currently, I am in BR ... We visit there regularily and if you want to get together and scrapbook ... just let me know!!!

Amaw
Amaw 
New Kid On the Block
Amaw
  • Amaw on 04-16-06 03:58 AM

I know I'm responding to an old post ... but who do you know in the DeRidder area? I have a good bit of family there myself... and plan to move there as soon as I can get one more through high school and into college.

lacey00
Tenant
lacey00
In response to Amaw

I'm from Houma. About 45 minutes SE of New Orleans. I would love to find fellow scrappers in my area.

nursetish
Tenant
nursetish
In response to lacey00

Hi everyone. New here, from Central Louisiana, the Alexandria area. Looking to see if anyone is from near here

hobbit81
Tenant
hobbit81
In response to nursetish

HI! I'm not in Alexandria now, but lived there during HS (many years ago). I would love to hear from anyone that's in the area! I was there 1976 - 1980 and loved it. England AFB. Closed now. Sad.

nursetish
Tenant
nursetish
In response to hobbit81

Were you the one on another forum looking for ASH papers?? I'm going to make a run by Hobby Lobby in the morning, after I get off work, and I can check for you

hobbit81
Tenant
hobbit81
In response to nursetish

yes, that's me. And Thanks for looking! I'm glad my sister got me going to this site, it's a big help.

nursetish
Tenant
nursetish
In response to hobbit81

I didn't see any ASH papers yesterday, Hopefully you can find some somewhere

KathyW58
New Kid On the Block
KathyW58
In response to nursetish

Hi, I am in Winnfield LA...not too far from Alex! We have a scrapping club that meets once a month. We just (9/23/06) held a scrapbook day to earn money for Relay for Life through Central Management. Several of our scrappers work there. It was a big success.

CarleysMom
Idol
CarleysMom
In response to KathyW58

Adding my name to the Louisiana neighbors on sb.com! I live in north central Louisiana. I'm grew up and graduated from Jonesboro...not too far from you in Winnfield, Kathy. I don't live there now. I'm now in the Ruston area.

CollageGrrl
Tenant
CollageGrrl

Hi! I live in New Iberia and would like to work on starting a group that will meet in New Iberia/Lafayette area once a month or so...

If you know anyone that is interested, please contact me at [email protected]!

Thanks!
Jacquie

HelloKittyGirl
Tenant
HelloKittyGirl
In response to CollageGrrl

How I miss good ol' Baton Rouge...crawfish boils and hanging out by the tiger stadium..can't wait to go back again

scraphappyjojo
Tenant
scraphappyjojo
In response to HelloKittyGirl

Hello ladies!!! I'm in Gonzales, near Baton Rouge!!!

ScrapOMatic
Idol
ScrapOMatic
In response to scraphappyjojo

Hey everyone! Just got back on the forum after a looong hiatus!

I'm in Haughton just outside of Bossier City! Hubby is stationed at Barksdale AFB

New Kid On the Block
In response to CollageGrrl

Hi Yall, I'm for the Denham Springs area.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to lucandpepsmom

Anyone else burning up? How about needing rain?

New Kid On the Block
In response to scraprabbit

I live in Denham Springs would love to have someone to scrap with
You can checkout what I am about here
http://cajunbeautysscraps .blogspot.com/

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics