Page 1 of 7 
Username Post: Massachusetts        (Topic#998852)
Kels
Kels 
Marketing Goddess
Kels
  • Kels on 03-31-05 01:54 PM

Welcome to Massachusetts!

Beth1019
Diva
Beth1019
In response to Kels

Hello everyone!! Marlboro MA here.

I am going to the Manchester Scrapbook Convention in May!! Is anyone else going? Or has anyone else been before? I signed up to take a class on Friday so I can't wait to see how it is.

Beth1019
Diva
Beth1019
In response to Kels

Anyone from New England on the boards???

LucyC
LucyC 
Veteran
LucyC
  • LucyC on 04-29-05 10:04 AM
In response to Beth1019

Hello,

I am from Billerica, Ma

I was going to the convention in May but times are tight and not this year. Tell me alot about when you go. I would love to hear about it.

Lucy C.
Indepenent Scrapbook Consultant
Top-Line Creations and Leaving Prints

Mommy of Chris(02/11/98) and Maggie(04/13/02)

LoveTheMouse
Veteran
LoveTheMouse
In response to LucyC

Also in Billerica. I'm going to CK Manchester but only for the vendor fair. Planning on attending the Great American Scrapbook Convention in Chantilly VA this June, so I'm holding my dollars for those classes.

Went last year... was a BLAST!

Beth1019
Diva
Beth1019
In response to LucyC

This will be my first scrapbook convention - so I am looking forward to it. I am not staying - just going up for the vendor fair and for a class on Friday. Thought this would give me a small taste.

It is nice to see some others from MA on here. YEAH!!

debman
debman 
Idol
debman
In response to Beth1019

I'm originally from Worcester and my whole family is still there? Anyone going to be down at hte Cape during the summer - I'm renting a house in Hyannis from the 35th of June through the 9th of July and would love to meet other neighbors in person!!

Beth1019
Diva
Beth1019
In response to LoveTheMouse

I went to the convention on Friday and it was great. I had to work on Friday morning - so I signed up for a class in the afternoon. I took a card making class that I really enjoyed and I won a magazine!! I went to the vendor fair after and was very behaved. I only brought $40 and that is all I spent - but I got a ton!! My bag was pretty full when I was all done. I could have spent longer but my kids were home waiting for me. I will have to go to that one again!!

NHCrzyScraper33
Guru
NHCrzyScraper33
In response to Beth1019

I am from Pepperell MA but have moved to NH

I wanted to go to the convention but couldn't this year

TNscrappinmomma
Idol
TNscrappinmomma
In response to NHCrzyScraper33

I am moving to Massachusetts on Friday!!! I have been in TN for the last 5 1/2 years..I was born and raised in Fall River and my family is still there...I will be headed that way!!

Beth1019
Diva
Beth1019
In response to TNscrappinmomma

Well - that is great!! There is a great scrapbook store in Attleboro MA that you will have to check out once you are settled. Welcome home!!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 05-28-05 11:05 PM
In response to Beth1019

Hi! I'm so happy to see that there are other people from MA. I'm from Belmont. I'd started to think that no one around here scrapbooks. I've been having a really hard time finding good sb stores. I went to one in Winchester the other day, but I guess the address I had was old because there was nothing there. Anyone have any suggestions?

Beth1019
Diva
Beth1019
In response to DolyDimple

Hi there - I'm in Marlboro Ma. I go to a couple of different stores in this area - A Time for Memories in North Grafton is great and I have heard Times to Treasure in W Boylston is pretty nice too. I have been there yet but want to make a trip soon.
I was in N Hampton NH and saw a store called Wholy Scrap - but it was closed - so that will hopefully be my next trip.

Welcome to the board.

kirasmommy
Guru
kirasmommy
In response to Beth1019

Wholly Scrap in North Hampton NH has a great selection of paper. At least from the other LSS around here. I'm in that area. I think they are closed every Monday. HTH

ranacula
New Kid On the Block
ranacula
In response to kirasmommy

Hi everyone! I am part of a crop group called Ready... set...crop! We get together every-other-month for a 12-hour crop and LOVE having new scrppaers join us! Our next crop is scheduled for july 30th in Leominster MA. If any are interested in more info, feel fee to email me [email protected]
=) Tiffany

Beth1019
Diva
Beth1019
In response to ranacula

Just sent you an email Tiffany - I would be interested in this crop!!

Thanks
Beth

LucyC
LucyC 
Veteran
LucyC
  • LucyC on 06-03-05 03:41 PM
In response to Beth1019

**Edited per board rules.

Edited by Megan - ForumTech on 12-05-05 07:59 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

evespassion
Veteran
evespassion
In response to LucyC

Hello, everyone. So glad to see that there are SCRAP LOVERS in Massachusetts. I live in Boston and have NOT found people interested in scrapping I thought I might have to move - lol. Well its good to know other local scrapper are on the board. I am pleased to hear that there are LSS in the area. I normally order my supplies online or go to AC Moore. I'll have to check out these stores you've mentioned. I've most recently been trying digital layouts. I'm really enjoying it, but I really do have a thing for PAPER

Thanks to all for Sharing.

Eve

IRWscrapper
Expert
IRWscrapper
In response to evespassion

Eve,

I also live around the boston area and I'm interested in getting together for scrapbooking. Just let me know.

Andrea

Beth1019
Diva
Beth1019
In response to LucyC

Do you have upcoming dates for July or August?

I have stamp camps at my home too - I am trying to plan one of those for August too.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 06-23-05 04:37 AM
In response to Beth1019

I know this is a stupid question, but what is a stamp camp?

Beth1019
Diva
Beth1019

It is fun - everyone who comes gets to make 5 different cards - you get all of the supplies and directions. It is a great way to learn new techniques.

I had a stamp camp and we did altered paint cans as a gift set.

It is very social and fun - have some snacks & drinks.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 06-23-05 06:15 AM
In response to Beth1019

That sounds like a lot of fun! I'd love to join one if you have space.

Beth1019
Diva
Beth1019

I'll send you a flyer when it comes closer - I'm thinking August 20th and I will have various times so there will be plenty of room.

New Kid On the Block
In response to evespassion

Hi there -

I am also in Boston (West Roxbury). Perhaps we can get a group of Boston scrappers together. Tonya

Beth1019
Diva
Beth1019
In response to tedescokid

I think that would be great - I have wanted to do something like this!!

IRWscrapper
Expert
IRWscrapper
In response to tedescokid

Yes, we should get together and anyone else that wants to join. We just have to find a night that everyone's free.

Andrea
[email protected]

NHCrzyScraper33
Guru
NHCrzyScraper33
In response to IRWscrapper

I got to a crop once a month in Witchenton...(spelled wrong)
it's fun

Beth1019
Diva
Beth1019

I was just in Winchendon to do a couple of shows - It is a bit of a treck for me but nothing too bad. Do you have more information on this crop??

Beth1019
Diva
Beth1019
In response to ranacula

Hey Everyone - I just got this email - sounds like fun:

Hello fellow scrappers and paper crafters, hope you are all enjoying your summer and taking LOTS of photos for future layouts! We are getting ready for our next 12-hour crop on July 30th, and look forward to seeing you there. We still have spots left, so be sure to get your registration in to save you crop spot!

Also, don't forget to check out our homepage: http://hometown.aol.com/ranacula/myhomepage/business.html
to get the latest news on upcoming crops, retreats and workshops!

Ready...Set...Crop! Ladybug Picnic!
12 hours of scrap-happy fun!
Saturday, July 30th
Leominster United Methodist Church
10 am-10 pm, $20, picnic dinner provided

Join us for a whole day of scrapping and over 4 feet of personal scrapbooking space! Take advantage of our cutting station (featuring QuicKutz, Sizzix and TONS of dies) and our Stamping Station (supplied with a large collection of stamps and inks). Join in our RSC-bay event! Auction off your gently-used scrapping supplies and bid on treasures to add to your collection! In addition, our Ready Set Crop Shop will be on site with embellishments like eyelets, fibers and tags, as well as paper from Stampin- Up and Bazzil. Picnic dinner will be provided, as well as goodies that are cute as a bug!

Cropping space is limited!
To register, please send $20 along with your name, address, phone & email to:
Kristin Call Tegg, 86 Oakmont Ave, Westminster MA 01473 (978) 877-0569

Hope to scrap with you soon!
The Ready...Set...Croppers, Sheri, Tiffany, Kristin, Erica and Dawn

LucyC
LucyC 
Veteran
LucyC
  • LucyC on 07-22-05 06:54 PM
In response to Beth1019

Edited by Megan - ForumTech on 12-05-05 07:59 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Resident
In response to LucyC

Guess I missed the 23rd -- I also live in Boston (Hyde Park) and would enjoy getting together with other scrappers. Maybe a LSS caravan one weekend -- see how many stores we can get to in one day?

Alicia

ScrapSlave
Idol
ScrapSlave
In response to alicia3953

From Plymouth here and don't have any friends around that scrap, they don't know what they're passing up.

I would love to get together if there are others in my area.

IRWscrapper
Expert
IRWscrapper
In response to ScrapSlave

HI!

I live in Watertown right near Cambridge. I would love to get together and scrap. I think we should do it once a month.

Andrea

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 07-28-05 08:19 AM

Andrea, you are practically my neighbor! I live in Belmont.

Beth1019
Diva
Beth1019

I live in Marlboro - a little bit away from you guys - but I would love to try and put something together for a MA Scrap Day!!

Let me know.

ScrapSlave
Idol
ScrapSlave
In response to Beth1019

Nobody lives near me, I'm down here all by my lonesome.

Beth1019
Diva
Beth1019

MA isn't that big of a state - I'm sure we can do something for everyone!! I know I would love it. There isn't a scrapbook store in my town to go to crops - so this would be alot of fun.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 07-28-05 02:30 PM
In response to Beth1019

I'd really enjoy it too. I've never been to a crop before.

IRWscrapper
Expert
IRWscrapper
In response to Beth1019

Hi Guys,

Doesn't matter where you live we should all get together.

Meghan, wow we do live close. Do you go to mike's gym in Cambridge? I go there alot.

We could all meet halfway somewhere.

Andrea
[email protected]

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 08-01-05 12:50 PM

Andrea, my brother used to go there. I go to PlanetFitness in Waltham.

miszxsothea
Tenant
miszxsothea
In response to Beth1019

I live in 617 area..everett? anyone live near me?

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 08-04-05 06:20 PM
In response to miszxsothea

I'm 617. Has anyone been to the crops at places like Michaels or ACMoore? Do you think its worth going to?

Beth1019
Diva
Beth1019

I've never been to a crop at one of those places before - Usually just with a group of friends - very social thing.

I've taken class at a LSS - but never been to a crop there. I know they offer them on Friday nights until midnight - I should look into that some time.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 08-05-05 09:02 AM
In response to Beth1019

Yea, I was thinking one of those would be fun for a few of us to meet at.

Beth1019
Diva
Beth1019

I agree - I think that would be alot of fun!!

bostonmom
Resident
bostonmom
In response to Beth1019

Hi-I'm in Wakefield, just north of Boston...I wish there were more LSS around, with crops. I have been going regularly to Salem NH and Derry NH for classes & crops, I am so jealous of the locals up there! I once in a while go to a CM crop, not for the product but for the cropping time...metro Boston really needs a LSS, imo. Nice to see the MA crowd here!

New Kid On the Block
In response to bostonmom

I'm moving to the upper Cape soon. Anyone know of any LSS up there? And also, anyone interested in crops once I'm moved & settled?

ScrapSlave
Idol
ScrapSlave
In response to JennyLB

Hey Jenny........what part of the Cape are you moving to and are you in that area now? I live just land side of the Bourne bridge myself and I don't have anyone in this area that scraps, all my friends and family live up near Boston.

Anyway, there is an AC Moore at the Cape Cod Mall exit...I think it's Hyannis? It's on the oposite side of the mall. And I heard there is a LSS in Bridgewater (about a half hour north of the canal) but I haven't gone to check it out yet.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 08-10-05 04:30 AM

This weekend is tax-free shopping in Massachusetts. What are you planning on buying? Isn't this terrible- another excuse for me to spend time (and money!) buying sb supplies and not actually scrapping!

Beth1019
Diva
Beth1019

I might try and behave - but maybe not. I'm going to order some stuff from Stampin Up though - save some money that way!!

NHCrzyScraper33
Guru
NHCrzyScraper33
In response to Beth1019

were are all the MA girls GONE!
I am in NH now but a MA girl at heart....

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 08-21-05 01:38 PM

Haha, I was thinking that too. Too humid here- maybe everyone is at the beach or right in front of their air conditioners.

ranacula
New Kid On the Block
ranacula

I teach scrapbook workshops out of my home and also offer my "i come to you" program- gather 5 friends and I'll bring the workshop to you! Classes run about 2 hours and include supplies and instruction for 3 great projects. For more info and a list of my 30+ classes/dscriptions, feel free to email me at [email protected]

would love to scrap with you! =) Tiffany

Garbo 
New Kid On the Block
  • Garbo on 09-02-05 11:46 AM
In response to Beth1019

Hi! I'm from Pepperell, MA and I love scrapbooking. I am a Close To My Heart Consultant too. I don't know anyone in the area who likes to scrap. I work full time, so I can only scrap after all the rest of the work is done, but i still make time.
Is anyone out there close by???

Beth1019
Diva
Beth1019
In response to Garbo

Hi welcome to the board. You will see some great work here and everyone is very nice. I'm a stampin' up! deomonstrator from Marlboro - and have a full time job and 2 boys. I fit it in when I can!! Wish there were more hours in the day.

Enjoy the weekend!!

LucyC
LucyC 
Veteran
LucyC
  • LucyC on 09-04-05 07:37 PM
In response to Beth1019

Hello Everyone,

How was your summer? Did you get some layouts done? I finally finished my honeymoon album( about time..Its been 9 years

Its been crazy here with kids and trying to scrap. If you guys ever want to scrap together please come to my scrap night on September 24th. I would love to see you guys. You can check this is out on my website at will be going to the Katrina Relief and I will be shipping clothes and toys also.

Thanks and God Bless!

Edited by Megan - ForumTech on 12-05-05 07:58 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

New Kid On the Block
In response to LucyC

Hi Everyone! Im new to the group and im from Lowell, Mass. I am always looking to meet others in my area to meet up and scrap with. Im somewhat new to message boards and posted a notice about my upcoming crop on the wrong place. Megan suggested (thank you!) that I post it here to see if anyone's interested!

I am holding a CROPTOBERFEST event on Saturday, October 1st and would love for you to come! Its a great opportunity to get some quality time so you can scrapbook all of your wonderful summer memories!! A full day of scrapping with no interruptions!

The event will be held in Tewksbury, MA @ St. Williams Church Parrish center on October 1st from 11:00 AM to 9:00 PM. (You can come for as little or as long as you like!!)

The $25*** registration fee includes:
*A reserved spot for you to spread out your supplies and work on your albums!
*Full use of all of my cropping and enhancing tools!
*Pizza, refreshments and snacks!
*CROPTOBERFEST idea sheet filled with great page layouts!
*CROPTOBERFEST customer gift!
*Page Completion kits of various themes!
*Chance to win great door prizes and raffles full of great Creative Memories products!!!!!

***REGISTER A FRIEND WHO IS NOT ALREADY INVITED AND YOU WILL BOTH RECEIVE $5 OFF THE REGISTRATION PRICE!!!!!! Please forward this to other scrappers who you think would be interested!

Please email me at [email protected] if you are interested in attending so I can reserve your spot.

I hope you will come so I can meet others who love to scrap!

Beth1019
Diva
Beth1019
In response to LucyC

Hey everyone in MA - Fall is here - but the weather doesn't feel like it.

As much as I LOVE the summer and warm weather and don't want to pay my oil bill - I'm looking foward to snowy weekends when I can stay home and scrapbook and not feel guilty because I have so many errands to run.

I have so many things I want to get done!!

Just wanted to say "Hi" to everyone.

ScrapSlave
Idol
ScrapSlave
In response to Beth1019

I'm with you there Beth. I haven't got much scrapbooking done because I always have some errands to do or somewhere to be. Life is less hectic during the winter, I'll get more scrappin in then.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 09-14-05 12:00 PM

I agree with you two. As much as I love scrapping, I hate staying inside when its beautiful outside. There's more incentive to scrap when there is a foot of snow outside!

SCRAPGIRL
Guru
SCRAPGIRL

Hi everyone, I am Pam. I come from Holliston, MA. I didn't even realize that this existed. I usually stay on the NSBR. I have been scrapping for about 7 years. Started out by selling Creative Memories and felt the need to move on. I can't believe all you ladies from Massachusetts. Looking forward to talking to you.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 09-19-05 12:12 PM
In response to SCRAPGIRL

Hi Pam, glad you found us!

Beth1019
Diva
Beth1019
In response to SCRAPGIRL

Hey Pam - you are not too far away from me. What LSS do you like to go to??

SCRAPGIRL
Guru
SCRAPGIRL
In response to Beth1019

Hi Guys, I usually end up going to Right At Home Scrapbooking in North Attleboro. Mostly because it is the only place that I know. Where do you guys go and do you really love what they have? I am so open to looking at new places.

Thanks for saying hi. Beth you are in Marlboro right? DolyDimple, where are you from?

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 09-20-05 01:08 PM
In response to SCRAPGIRL

Pam, I live in Cambridge. I'm still searching for a good LSS. There is one near my aunt in Bridgewater (can't remember if its East or West) that I keep meaning to check out.

Expert
In response to Kels

[email protected] Is there any Scrapbook Crops, Workshops, Retreats or Events in the New England area...any crops that are 12 hours that are really worth going to??? I love all day crops and only found one but it is once a month :frown|: I am a newbie addicted scrapbooker and would love any infos, Thanks!! Keely

Beth1019
Diva
Beth1019
In response to SCRAPGIRL

I go to a shop in N Grafton - A Time for Memories - the two ladies that own it are very nice and so helpful. I have taken a few classes there that I really liked.

There is another one in W Boylston - Times to Treasure. I met the owner, and she gave me a coupon to her store, but I haven't been in yet. I have heard it is really great.

ScrapSlave
Idol
ScrapSlave
In response to Beth1019

Megan - It's the Scrapbook Cupboard in E. Bridgewater and it's awesome. That's the one I shop at, I live in Plymouth (on the Wareham/Onset side). They have different classes all month and also a crop night on Fridays but they fill up super fast.

PM me if you would like a link to their web site for the schedule.

I would love to go to a crop sometime but none of my friends/family are into SB'ing. If anyone is interested in going to a crop together let me know, but there doesn't seem to be anyone in my area. hehehehe

New Kid On the Block

Hi Everyone!
Im fairly new to the board and posted a notice about my all day crop last week.
I noticed that a few people were looking for some all day crops in the NE area.

I am holding an ALL DAY CROP "CROPTOBERFEST" on 10-1-05.
Its from 11:00 to 9:00 (you can come for as little or as long as you like) and will be held in Tewksbury Mass, about 20-25 minuntes from Boston and about 10 min. from the NH border.

The cost is $25 and includes the following:
*Rsvd spot to lay out all of your SB supplies
*Goody bag with free gifts
*Pizza, snacks and refreshments throughout the day
*Chance to win the door prizes and raffles full of scrapbooking products!

*If you bring a friend, you can each take $5 off the cost!. I will also have products available for sale at the crop at a discount. I started to hold these every few months for a way to meet my friends and have quality "me" time! I would like to expand the group and meet new scrappers!!!
Please email me if you would like to attend! I hope to meet some of you!
Darlene

Beth1019
Diva
Beth1019
In response to DREESE74

Hey everyone - hope you are all doing well!!

I got this email a couple of days ago for those who are interested in an all day crop:
We know that you are busy
I'ts a hectic time of year.
As for rest and relaxation,
You haven't gotten AROUND TO IT we fear.

If only you could get organized,
If only you had a plan.
If only the day were longer,
Instead of such an insufficient span.

You'd get out that box of photos
You'd print pictures off CD
If only you got AROUND TO IT
How accomplished you would be.

STOP! Stop all the excuses.
Stop the should-a, could-a, would.
For we have just the answer
As you probably knew we would.

We've reserved time and place
The information follows.
We'll supply dedicated space
And idea's and tools to borrow.

We've found the elusive "ROUND TUIT."
And we're quite willing to share.
So now is the time to "Just do it!"
November 5th, Townsend center, be there!

"Just Do It!"
12 hours of scrap-happy fun!
Saturday, November 5th, 10am to 10pm
St John's church hall, Townsend MA
$30 includes food and beverages ALL DAY!
***$5 off when you register by Oct 15***

***Hourly door prizes***
***QuicKutz station***
***Stamping Station***
***RSC-bay***
(auction off your no-longer-used scrapping items)
***Ready, Set, Crop Shop***
(stocked with must-have scrapping supplies!)

To reserve your crop spot, please make check payable to and send to:
Kristin Call Tegg, 86 Oakmont Ave, Westminster MA 01473

RSC (Ready-Set-Crop) was established as a grassroots effort, with the goal of providing affordable, local opportunities for women who share the scrapbook experience. As a not-for-profit group, monies generated from our crops go towards funding our daylong and weekend retreat events.

We look forward to scrapping with you soon!
the Ready...Set...Croppers,
Sheri, Tiffany, Kristin, Erica and Dawn

Tiffany Call
the paper frog
978.597.8214 [email protected]

ranacula
New Kid On the Block
ranacula
In response to Garbo

Hi garbo! I am in Townsend and moving to Pepperell next month! I am part of a scrap group that gets together for 12-hour crops a few times a year. Our next crop is scheduled for Novemeber 5th in Townsend at St John's Church, maybe you can come scrap with us then!

I also teach scrap workshops out of my home and in other peoples' homes as well. Feel free to email me if you want any info on the crop or workshops! =) tiffany

IRWscrapper
Expert
IRWscrapper
In response to DREESE74

Thanks!

I can't wait to go

Andrea

Expert
In response to Kels

Anyone here near Springfield, Mass. ??? I keep meeting ladies an hour or more away from me luv them ladies but I need a SB buddy close to me

ScrapSlave
Idol
ScrapSlave
In response to Scrappinmom52804

I'm with ya there ScrappinMom, I don't have any scrapin buddies near me either. Here all by my lil' lonesome. LOL

IRWscrapper
Expert
IRWscrapper

Hi!

When I go to E. Longmeadow we can do some scrapbooking. I know I'll be going sometime in Feb. We can always meet half way some where. I live in the boston area.

Andrea

Expert

east longmeadow???????? oh my god i live 5 mins away....sure i'd love that...heres my email addy [email protected]
I'll be going to Winchendon, a town in Mass for a Crop on the 22nd and thinking about becoming a IRW Consultant for MYSELF LOL....I buy enuff LOL..the woman I'd be under lives there and she has a crop once a month in her hometown....veryyyyyy sweet, cant wait to meet that bunch....I drive one to three times a month an hour away for crops...if its all day ones I luv them! Oh boy I babbled on lol....Email me.

ranacula
New Kid On the Block
ranacula

Edited by Megan - ForumTech on 12-05-05 07:55 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Beth1019
Diva
Beth1019
In response to Kels

Is everyone glad the rain is over??? I only got a little bit in my cellar so I'm lucky. It has been so great to see the sun again!!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 10-19-05 09:09 AM
In response to Beth1019

Happy Birthday Beth!!

My car has water in it- I have to investigate why before it starts raining again.

Beth1019
Diva
Beth1019

Thank you very much!!

My husband got me a new table from Ikea so tonight I'm going to clean up my scrap/stamp area!! Can't wait.

toolgirl1952
New Kid On the Block
toolgirl1952
In response to Beth1019

Hi Ladies!

I found this thread quite by accident! I have a few layouts here but don't participate very much on this board but was psyched to see other Mass. Scrappers here!!

I live in Fall River, Mass. too . . . I saw that someone else was from here as well! I also saw that a few folks go to some of the same scrappy stores I visit - Right at Home (was there on Saturday!) and Scrapbook Cupboard (was there a couple weeks ago). I visit these stores as well as Leave a Legacy in Raynham but my "home" store is Scrapbook Village in Westport, MA.

I say my home store b/c I'm on the DT there and teach classes there and go to lots of crops there. There are crops every friday night (6-11) and at least once a month there is an all day (12 hour crop) . . . In Sept., Lisa (the owner), had a 3 day cropping event in the store!! It was soooo much fun! A bunch of us were there for all 3 days . . .went Friday 6-11, Saturday 9-9, and Sunday 10-3. It was an instore crop and didn't include hotel . . .but I live 12 minutes away so that was fine with me! . . . and it was so successful that I believe she'll be doing more in the future! I'm going to a 12 hour on 10/29 at a local restaurant that Lisa organizes to raise money for Breast Cancer Awareness and Hurricane Katrina. . . .there will be 88 scrappers at this one.

Have any of you been to Scrapbook Village??

I also was on the Cape this past Sunday at Colorful Creations to take a class given by Ali Edwards . . . It was awesome!! She is such a funny, sweet, friendly person!!

Are any of you thinking of going to the CKU Masters in Boston next August? A bunch of us from SBV (Scrapbook Village) are planning on going . . . .we've already booked our hotel rooms! Gotta paln ahead for these things!! lol

Well I think I've talked all your ears off for now . . .I look forward to hearing back from all of you!

Margie

ScrapSlave
Idol
ScrapSlave
In response to toolgirl1952

Hi there Margie,

I live in Plymouth (the Onset/Wareham side) and didn't know that there was a LSS in Raynham, where is it? And where is Colorful Creation? What part of the Cape?

Beth1019
Diva
Beth1019

Margie - Nice to meet you!!

I really want to do the Masters class in Boston - but I didn't have anyone to go with. I hate doing that kind of stuff alone. It sounds like alot of fun.

Welcome to the board....

toolgirl1952
New Kid On the Block
toolgirl1952
In response to Beth1019

Hi Michelle & Beth -

Let's see -

Michelle - Colorful Creations is in Hyannis . . . somewhat near the Cape Cod Mall; it's in a Plaza with HomeGoods . . . actually it's right next door to Homegoods. The store in Raynham is called Leave a Legacy and is on route 44. You could also take a ride to Scrapbook Village for an all day crop sometime! There is one on Saturday 11/12 from 9am to 9pm. . . we're a friendly group of people and it would be great to meet you!

Beth - Thanks, Nice to meet you too! Well you'd be more than welcome to hang with our group! Book a room for yourself and get registered . . . we're a very welcoming crowd! Where do you live? You could come to an all day Saturday Crop and meet some of us. I'll be at the one on 11/12 from 9am to 9pm. . . .so will a friend of mine from another board who lives in Norwood. Think about it! We're a fun friendly group!

ScrapSlave
Idol
ScrapSlave

I used to work on rt 44 in Raynham, several years ago though so I'm sure it wasn't there then. What is it near on rt 44? That's actually easier and closer to me then the one in Bridgewater, only because it's closer to the highway.

I'd love to go to an all day crop, I've never been to one. I'm the same as Beth, I always scrapbook alone.....none of my friends or family scrap. Plus I have everything I need in my scrap room at home so it's easy. Going to a crop would be scary because how would I chose what to bring and what not to bring. I need it ALL!

Maybe I'll venture out to one soon, sounds like a lot of fun.

IRWscrapper
Expert
IRWscrapper

Where is the crop on 11/12 from 9am-9pm. I am going to a crop on 11/5 in Townsend. I went to one last weekend in central MA.

I don't mind going alone because you meet people.

Andrea

toolgirl1952
New Kid On the Block
toolgirl1952

Hi Girls!!

The crop on 11/12 is at Scrapbook Village in Westport, MA - here's a link to the website http://www.scrapbookwestport.com/index.htm . . . I usually go to all day crops with my two rolling carts, KF bag, clear KF bag full of ribbon, QK bag, a couple of Cropper Hopper tool bags, and usually a few other things! lol . . . I tend to bring lots of stuff with me b/c I don't know what I'll "need"!! and I SHARE MY TOYS!! (like all my stamps . . foam, rubber, & clear . . . and my tools)

The store in Raynham is across from Mastria Buick . . . which way would you be going there from? They have a website but I'm not sure of it.

I'd love to meet up with some of you at some point. I met my best scrapping buddy at another message board; we just celebrated our 1 year anniversary of meeting! lol and next Saturday will be the 1 year anniversary of our first all day crop together! We've been to lots since! lol

Well . . . I have to go finish some class sample projects . . . I'm teaching quite a few classes at Scrapbook Village over the next few months and I'm trying to get a bunch done for the all Day Crop this Saturday. (I would have told you to come to that but it's been sold out for months . . . it's a Breast Cancer Awareness/Hurricane Katrina fundraiser and there will be 88 people there . . . it's soooo much fun!)

There's going to be a costume contest and if I can get it done I'm going as a special edition Xyron . . . the little "X" . . . it's pink for breast cancer awareness! lol I just hope I can get it done!

Talk to a you all again!

sanderf
Expert
sanderf

Where in Boston is the masters class? I'm definitely interested....

ScrapSlave
Idol
ScrapSlave
In response to sanderf

I know where Mastria Buick is, I'll have to check it out sometime. I'll also have to swing down to SBV, I didn't realize that Westport was so close to me.

I'd love to meet up with some people at a crop sometime, it would be great to finally have others who love this as much as I do.

Beth1019
Diva
Beth1019
In response to sanderf

Here is the information in the CKU Masters Program in Boston:

August 24-26, 2006
Seaport Hotel
One Seaport Lane
Boston MA 02110
Phone 877-SEAPORT

If you go to the Creating Keepsakes website you can pull up more information about it. I went to the convention in Manchester NH last spring and took one class. It was alot of fun - I would love to take this program too.

Hope this information helps you.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 10-27-05 08:16 AM
In response to Beth1019

Do you have to sign up way in advance? I'd really like to go, and I live so close that I wouldn't need a hotel or anything, I just can't imagine planning something thats 10 months away.

Beth1019
Diva
Beth1019

You can't register for it yet - but if you sign up for their email updates you will know in advance when you can sign up. I get to it right away for Manchester and most of the classes I wanted were already booked - I was only able to get into one. But that was fine - I had a great time.

I REALLY want to do this Master's Class.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 10-27-05 07:00 PM
In response to Beth1019

Thanks Beth! I'm going to go get my updates now.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 10-27-05 07:06 PM

btw, Hi Margie!

IRWscrapper
Expert
IRWscrapper
In response to Beth1019

Do you know how much the room is? I've stayed at the seaport and its very expensive. If I go I would just park for the day.

Andrea

sanderf
Expert
sanderf

HI Everyone - my name is Fabre and I also live in Holliston, MA (near Framingham). Would love to meet some local scrappers! :-)

Fabre

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 10-29-05 08:16 AM
In response to sanderf

Hi Fabre!

IRWscrapper
Expert
IRWscrapper
In response to sanderf

Fabre,

I belong to a scrapbooking yahoo group from Metrowest. They get together around the Framingham area and crop. It is groups.yahoo.com/groups/metrowestscrapbook

Check it out

Andrea

Beth1019
Diva
Beth1019
In response to Kels

Happy Halloween to all my Mass neighbors. We had a perfect night for trick or treating - beautiful weather after the snow on Saturday!!

Page 1 of 7 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics