Page 3 of 7 
Username Post: Massachusetts        (Topic#998852)
bmn0616
Pro
bmn0616
In response to Beth1019

Hi all.

Just found this tonight. Loved reading about all the interest in scrapping in Mass!!! There is a crop day on February 19th from 9:30 to 5:00 in Weymouth if anyone is interested. The cost is $25 including lunch.

I would love to see a crop started from this online group. Look forward to getting to know all of you.

Beth N

Resident
In response to Beth1019

Oh also, Wilma...what time does the fun start? I don't want to get there too early or late!!
Amy

scraphappycm
Tenant
scraphappycm
In response to amymisha

I figure noon is good. not too early, not too late. I know you are coming from a ways away so if you are later, that's ok. My home will be open until 7pm.

ScrapSlave
Idol
ScrapSlave
In response to scraphappycm

Great......see you then.

ScrapSlave
Idol
ScrapSlave
In response to ScrapSlave

Uh oh..............they're saying we're going to get bombed with snow. I hope it's not too bad. If it's a lot I may be stranded........I live out in the stix and we don't usually get plowed right away.

I'll keep you posted.

scraphappycm
Tenant
scraphappycm

Michele,
I sent you a PM about this. I am so bummed out that we are finally getting snow on a weekend when us girls planned on scrapping together!! How cruel is Mother Nature, huh? Well, I will be here and my home is open to anyone who cares to brave it out. Give me a call Sunday morning to let me know how you made out.

ScrapSlave
Idol
ScrapSlave

Know kidding huh? It's just not fair. heheheheh

I still plan on heading up as long as it's not real bad. I've been looking forward to this so I hope it's just another hype that turns into nothing.

I call you and let you know either way.

Beth1019
Diva
Beth1019

Here comes the snow!! I'm so bummed it is tomorrow though - we are trying to sell our house and we have an open house planned. I don't think we are going to get my house shoppers!!

Oh well - keeping positive thoughts.

Beth1019
Diva
Beth1019
In response to Kels

How is everyone enjoying the snow today!!

Post it Notes
Guru
Post it Notes
In response to Beth1019

I LOVE THE SNOW! I LOVE THE SNOW! I LOVE THE SNOW!

In all efforts to still get to go to Wilma's today, had to call and cancel Almost a complete whiteout here since about 8am!

As soon as I get a few things done...it's scrapbooking all day for me!

ScrapSlave
Idol
ScrapSlave
In response to Post it Notes

Yeah I'm snowed it too, major white out here. I hope to scrap all day also.

Oh and I HATE THE SNOW! hehehehe

Post it Notes
Guru
Post it Notes

Awwww...Cmon Michele! You'd love the snow if today was Monday! LOL! (you wouldn't have to go to work!!!)

Eh, it's not for everyone...this is my first Noreaster! I know, I'm nuts!

I was really hoping that quite possibly I could go to Wilma's, but it's just not possible - but she has more events coming up and at least by then, I won't have to play the scheduling game!

3peaspress
Expert
3peaspress

Would anyone be interested in having an "MA crop" thread? I was thinking i could set it up like the monthly publishing thread (found in the forums under...publishing) then we could just keep an updated list of upcoming crops in the area. Any interest? Let me know and I'll set it up!

I looooove this snow, it's soooo pretty! BUT hate being trapped inside! Hoping DH will take the boys out later to run off some energy!
oxxo

ScrapSlave
Idol
ScrapSlave
In response to 3peaspress

That's a great idea Lauren.

I think the snow is pretty and all but I'd much rather be soaking in the fresh warm sun, I'm definately a summer person. Nothing better then cruisin' on my Harley with the sun beating on my face!

Post it Notes
Guru
Post it Notes

I forgot about your Harley - I can definitely see why you don't like snow!

I did get some pics, but nothing special, really. My family back home in New Mexico are far more amazed by snow than most peeps around here!!

I was washing dishes earlier and I saw somebody cruise down the street on a bicycle - that's a sight in this kind of weather! LOL!!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 02-12-06 09:52 AM

I'm looking forward to a scrapping day. My poor cat is afraid of the snow, so he's staying real close to me, away from the windows. I want to sneak out later and get some pictures for a snow lo. My fingers are crossed that we'll get too much snow to go to work tomorrow.

Post it Notes
Guru
Post it Notes
In response to DolyDimple

So how much snow did everyone get?

We got about 17" total - it is soooooooo beautiful and white today! I'm going to go out today and take some pics of Revere Beach and the cityscape today - shoveling last night was so easy...the snow was like fine fine powder! Bet it's hard this morning

Anyone get out of work today?

Resident

That's a great idea, Lauren!!
I don't really know how much we got, snow wise. Misha had a friend over all day yesterday and they spent the day asking people on the street if they needed help shoveling. They made $7 each and were psyched!
I didn't get much scrapbooking done, but I got a swap finished. I took a lot of naps!! I love hibernating on snowy days.
Tim got me a drafting table from his work, they were going to throw it away. It doesn't have a top, but we're going to get something that works soon. I'm so excited, because I've been using my coffee table and after about an hour my back kills me!!
I got some great pictures during the storm. We're going to visit Misha's family in England, and it almost never snows there. Every so often there's a snow storm, and her grandmother send me pictures of their 3 inches of snow and is very excited! I always get a chuckle. Now I can show them our 12 inches plus!
OK talk to you all soon,
Amy

scraphappycm
Tenant
scraphappycm

Lauren,
I think a Mass Croppers thread is a great idea. It would set our events apart from the rest of the general posts here. I have a big event coming up soon that I would like to post the details for. I will keep my eyes open for the new thread.

Resident

Hi guys. I won't be around much for a while....I'm going to England on Thursday and am super busy wrapping things up at work. I'll be back on the 26th. Happy Valentine's Day to everyone. I'll bring some UK Scrapbooking magazines home with me! I can't wait!!!
Amy

Post it Notes
Guru
Post it Notes
In response to amymisha

HAVE FUN IN ENGLAND!!!!! be safe

3peaspress
Expert
3peaspress

Happy Valentine's Day!

Unfortunately, we aren't able to set up a thread for crops....i didn't realize, but you aren't allowed to "advertise" any crops that people have to pay to attend. Sorry, I tried!

Amy- Have fun on your trip!!! I would love to hide in your luggage! I had so much fun last time I was there! Definately hunt down some scrap goodies!

scraphappycm
Tenant
scraphappycm
In response to amymisha

Good luck on your trip, Amy. I went to England when I was 9 with my Nana to visit relatives. It was a very exciting time!!

Hope you have lots of fun! Be safe.

Post it Notes
Guru
Post it Notes

Wilma - can you give me a call or PM me the total for those 2 tape runner refills? I had PM'd you about it, but maybe you didn't catch it?

Beth1019
Diva
Beth1019

Did everyone have a wonderful Valentine's day??

Post it Notes
Guru
Post it Notes
In response to Beth1019

I did! My bf sent me flowers and I got my job offer that I've been waiting for! I AM EMPLOYED FINALLY! I don't get to start for a couple weeks, though. That's ok because I have plenty of scrapping to do!!!

ScrapSlave
Idol
ScrapSlave

Yeeeeeeeeeah for you Tanya!

I knew it would work out for you.

Post it Notes
Guru
Post it Notes

Thanks Michele!

scraphappycm
Tenant
scraphappycm

Ok ladies, you don't want to miss this event!!!

Memoranza - A Memory Extravaganza!!

Date: Saturday April 1, 2006
Time: 2pm - 9pm (that's 7 hours of scrappin!)
Where: Our Lady of the Lake Church
580 Monponsett St. Rt. 58, Halifax
Fee: $20

Registration deadline is March 15th

This event will be filled with fun, inspiration, prizes, and giveaways. Everyone who comes receives a special gift and the opportunity to purchase an exlusive, Memoranza only pack.

Please PM me to register for this event ASAP.

Post it Notes
Guru
Post it Notes

I'm in, I sent you a PM already.

3peaspress
Expert
3peaspress

Ooh I'll have to check my calendar to see if i can make it Wilma! I'm having a very Croppy Spring!

Post it Notes
Guru
Post it Notes

Hey Ladies - I would be willing to start a Massachusetts site-forum to list crops and events, etc. I can develop it, edit, make changes, blah blah blah...

I'm a webmaster guru (YES, I know I should have a career in it!!!) - let me know what you think.

I need to know ASAP if it's something you ladies would use - it takes time to set these things up and get it all running, etc. and I have the time to work on it before I start my new job (in about 2 weeks) - it would all be free...I don't want to waste my time on it if no one will use it.

3peaspress
Expert
3peaspress

There is also a yahoo group called Iwannacrop that lists all upcoming crops in MA (that people mention) so if it's easier you could join that and just list them there. Right now the one's listed are for the scrapbook cupboard, the scattered picture, my charity crop, another charity crop in march, and a couple crops on the cape.

i'd still use yours though if you decided to put it together.

Post it Notes
Guru
Post it Notes

Personally I find yahoo groups to be NOT user-friendly, but that's just me. At least they were like that years ago, I don't know about now.

Basically what I would set up is a forum, just like this place. But it'll be for Mass scrappers only - maybe include R.I. and southern N.H. too.

We could be the *East Coast Scrappers* or the *East Coast Croppers* (bad West Coast Choppers pun intended! LOL)

Edited by Post it Notes on 02-17-06 06:10 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scraphappycm
Tenant
scraphappycm

Oh, I LOVE the East Coast Choppers name!!! LOL so cool!

scraphappycm
Tenant
scraphappycm

Oops, I meant to say East Coast Croppers hehehehe

Post it Notes
Guru
Post it Notes

that was my fav too!

Post it Notes
Guru
Post it Notes

In effort to help some folks out and make a user-friendly forum for crops and events in the East Coast area, I developed a forum for just that!

It is called the East Coast Croppers! Serving Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Rhode Island. While I only started at those 3 states, more can be added upon request.

http://ecc.forumup.org

3peaspress
Expert
3peaspress

I just got this emailed to me and had to share! I thought it was SO funny!...

YOU KNOW YOU'RE FROM (OR LIVED IN) MASSACHUSETTS IF:

You think if someone is nice to you they either want something or they are from out of town.

The public transportation system is known as the "T" and you'd rather drive in bumper to bumper traffic for 4 hours to get to Boston than be caught dead on the "Orange Line"

You could own a small town in Iowa for the cost of your house.

There are 24 Dunkin Donuts shops within 15 minutes of your house and that is how you give directions.

If you stay on the same road long enough it eventually has three different names.

53 degrees is "on the warm side."

You've walked to Brigham's for an ice cream cone "to go" in the snow.

You cringe everytime you hear some actor/actress imitate the"Boston Accent" on TV.

You call chocolate sprinkles "jimmies."

A water fountain is called a Bubbler. Say it "Bubbla."

You can go from one side of town to the other in less than fifteen minutes .

You know how to pronounce towns like Worcester, Haverhill, Peabody, Scituate, Chatham, and Leominster.

You know what they sell at a "packie."

You keep an ice scraper in your car all year round.

Paranoia sets in when you can'tsee a Dunkin Donuts, ATM or CVS.

You've pulled out of a side street and used your car to block oncoming traffic so you can make a left.

You've bragged about saving money at The Christmas Tree Shop.

You know what a "regular coffee" is!

You can navigate a rotary without a problem.

You use the words "wicked" "pissa" and "good" in the same sentence.

You know what a frappe is.

Saint Patrick's Day is your second favorite holiday.

You drink tonic and would never consider using it on your hair.

You never say "Cape Cod" you say "The Cape."

You went to Old Sturbridge Village and Plymouth Plantation at least once, in elementary school, but never to Bunker Hill.

You know the Mass Pike and 495 create some sort of strange weather dividing line.

You actually get all these jokes and pass them on!

Post it Notes
Guru
Post it Notes

BAHAHAHAHAHA! Those are GREAT!

I'm not from here, but I've learned all of those to be true!!

The BUBBLA is the funniest!

How about you call Police cars - Cruisers!
and
a shopping cart is a Carriage!
and
People wear sneakers here, not tennis shoes!
and
GRAVY IS what most people think is spaghetti sauce!!!

ScrapSlave
Idol
ScrapSlave

Those are too funny Lauren! I got every single one of othem.

Yup............born and raised here!

Tanya71
Guru
Tanya71

ROFLOL. I'm a transplant too but I've been here long enough to 'get' a lot of those!

Another Tanya checkin' in. I'm in Littleton. I've been scrapping since November 2003 but only 'really' into it since this winter.

Post it Notes
Guru
Post it Notes
In response to Tanya71

Hi Tanya - nice to meet you! (BTW, check out the East Coast Croppers link in my siggy)

Jenny~Bear
Idol
Jenny~Bear

I am new to this site and to the SB world in general.

I am a Canuck, but I will be travelling to Springfield for business March 4-6 and was wondering if anyone has suggestions of places close by to shop for SB supplies.

Thanks

Post it Notes
Guru
Post it Notes
In response to Jenny~Bear

Hey Jenny - not sure what's over in the Springfield area. Hopefully someone knows of some LSS's there.

One place I've looked for LSS's is on the creative keepsakes website (creativekeepsakes.com) and do a LSS locate - not sure how accurate the list is these days - the couple I have seen close to Boston that were listed were no longer there.

scraphappycm
Tenant
scraphappycm

Just a friendly reminder that the deadline is approaching . . .

• Quote:
Ok ladies, you don't want to miss this event!!!

This event will be filled with fun, inspiration, prizes, and giveaways. Everyone who comes receives a special gift and the opportunity to purchase an exlusive, Memoranza only pack.

Resident

Hi everyone,
I'm back from England!! It was a great trip. I couldn't make it to any scrapbooking stores as they are rather few and far between. I did manage to get some UK scrapping stuff thugh, at various craft stores. And a bunch of magazines! Fun, fun, fun.
Got lots of great pictures too.
AND...I came home to find that Tim had set up the drafting table, got a top for it, and it is ready to be cropped upon!! Nice surprise.
Now I am at work and have a pile of work to get entered. I'll have to check in later this week and get caught up, as I really have to get this all in!
Amy

New Kid On the Block
In response to amymisha

Welcome home. Glad you had a nice trip. I saw you are from JP. I am in West Roxbury. Perhaps we may meet up sometime. Tonya

3peaspress
Expert
3peaspress
In response to amymisha

Glad you had a great trip Amy! And go Tim for getting your crop table all set up!

Beth1019
Diva
Beth1019
In response to amymisha

Sounds like a great trip - you will have alot of nice pages to complete!!

IRWscrapper
Expert
IRWscrapper
In response to tedescokid

I am from Watertown. Not too far from you. I'm going to NC then to SC from March 4 until March 12. I plan on going to a huge scrapbooking store 17 minutes from the hotel.

Andrea

Post it Notes
Guru
Post it Notes
In response to IRWscrapper

Hey Andrea! Long time no see!

Have a ton of fun on your trip!

Also, do you know of any LSS in our area? The ones I find that are listed in a magazine or advertisement are no longer there...

IRWscrapper
Expert
IRWscrapper

I will and can't wait to go. I get to see all my friends from all over the country.

There are many scrapbooking stores in the southern part of the state:

1. scrapbook cupboard - E. Bridgewater
2. Leave a Legacy - Raynham (sp)
3. Right at home in Attleboro

These are the one's I got to. I know scrapbook cupboard takes ACmoore coupons. you can always go to ACMoore. They have a 40% coupon once a week. Michaels have coupons too so does Joann's.

I get most of my supplies from Crops. I actually just bought the pocketbook template and a sewing machine for scrapbooking.

I have so much scrapbooking to do.

ScrapSlave
Idol
ScrapSlave

Those are the two that I go to also. I love Scrapbook Cupboard but it's not easy to get to, I prefer places right off the highway but it is an awesome store. I like Leave A Legacy because it's so convenient right off rt 495 but the selection isn't as great as the Cupboard.

JoanE
JoanE 
Idol
JoanE
  • JoanE on 03-02-06 04:27 PM
In response to Beth1019

HI Just wnat to introduce myself. My name is Joan and I have been scrapping for about 3 years, along with my college age daughter. I live in the North Shore region of Ma. I would love to chat with others in the area. Also to let people know that I am organizing a benefit crop for Essex County 4-H program on March 25 in Topsfield ,Ma. Email me for details. Joan

ScrapSlave
Idol
ScrapSlave
In response to JoanE

Welcome Joan...........this place is great!!!! And very addicting.

3peaspress
Expert
3peaspress

Welcome Joan! I'm on the South Shore and also do a big charity crop in the Spring! Good luck w/ your event!

You'll love sb.com! Michele is right, it IS addicting!

Judy_Scraps
Mayor
Judy_Scraps

• Jenny~Bear Said:
I will be travelling to Springfield for business March 4-6 and was wondering if anyone has suggestions of places close by to shop for SB supplies.

I'm probably a little late seeing this, but there's an A.C. Moore at Holyoke Mall (in Holyoke) and a Michael's in West Springfield. There's also an LSS in Westfield that I've never been to myself. I've heard it's "ok." There are Joann's stores in Ludlow and Holyoke as well.

JoanE
JoanE 
Idol
JoanE
  • JoanE on 03-05-06 06:18 AM
In response to Judy_Scraps

HI all
Just want to let you know about the LSS in Topsfield, Absolutely Everything it is a great place. They have scrapping and stamping supplies and do alot of altered art things also.
I have to give myself a time limit and spending limit each time I visit.
Also a little further north is Wholly Scrap in No. Hampton, NH went there last week for the first time and is a definite place to go back to.
Joan

Edited by JoanE on 03-06-06 05:58 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Jenny~Bear
Idol
Jenny~Bear

Thanks for all the suggestions and the info. I ended up going to the AC Moore and to Michaels but I never made it to Joanns. My mom is coming to visit next week so we are heading back down to MA to do more shopping and I will definitely make it to Joanns this time. Just wondering how I get coupons to these stores? I signed up online but have not received anything...

Also I will be travelling to Boston, MA for business April 10-12. I am looking for suggestions on a hotel to stay at that will be walking distance to shopping and dining. As far as the budget goes I was hoping for something under $200 a night (lucky me work is paying for it).

I am also looking for suggestions on where to find SB supplies! I will have a car with me so I can dirve around to find stuff.

Post it Notes
Guru
Post it Notes

What part of Boston? Anywhere near Cambridge? The Hotel MIT is AWESOME and is only about $180 or so a night! Is also close to the T. (subway/trains)

As for Joann's vs. AC Moore...I'd stick with AC Moore, they have totally better selection!!! Better prices too! But that's just me!

I do however get the Joann's coupons in email, PM me your email and I'll send you one!!

SlaveSis
Expert
SlaveSis
In response to amymisha

Hello everyone. I am realy new so I just wanted to say hello and thank you to my sis (Scrapslave) for showing me this place.

ScrapSlave
Idol
ScrapSlave
In response to SlaveSis

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah! Welcome chickie. You are going to LOVE it here.

SlaveSis
Expert
SlaveSis

Thank you I was looking for it on my own not realizing you sent me a link lol. I can wait to go shopping and get my desk and all set up so I may start doing some every night

ScrapSlave
Idol
ScrapSlave
In response to SlaveSis

Make sure you check out all the forums, there is soooooooo much to see. Be warned, it's very addicting.

Post it Notes
Guru
Post it Notes

Hey SlaveSis!!! Nice to see ya! Remember me??
How is your new hobby coming along???
I haven't had a lot of time to do sb-ing since I started my new job. I just *buy buy buy* and it sits on my desk!

SlaveSis
Expert
SlaveSis

Oh yeah I remember you from Wilma's House how you doing? I SBed at Sis's house for a weekend and loved it but I haven't set up to do any at my house yet. Just trying to find the time.

Cheli do you know of any scraping stores in boston or how I can find some? I tried to google but got nothing

scraphappycm
Tenant
scraphappycm
In response to SlaveSis

Hello SlaveSis,
So nice to see you here. I am glad you have enjoyed scrapbooking. Do you enjoy the stuff you got from me? Hope it is all working out for you. You will like it here. Lots of good info and ideas.

Post it Notes
Guru
Post it Notes

scrappingjaycee knew of a couple places but I think they were the same places your sister knew about, Jen - about the local LSS stores. I'm yet to find local ones myself.

Wilma, you got a PM

scraphappycm
Tenant
scraphappycm

Got it and responded!

Jen, have you seen my post about my Memoranza event on April 1st. It is an awesome day of scrapbooking, fun, games, food, demos. Look above for details. Let me know if you are interested. Me are trying to everyone to register by March 15th for planning purposes.

SlaveSis
Expert
SlaveSis

Wilma,
Yes I saw it but I have my son that weekend so I won't be able to make it. Thank you anyways

scraphappycm
Tenant
scraphappycm
In response to SlaveSis

• Quote:

One last reminder about this event. I can take registrations until the end of this week. This really is a great event so please, don't miss out!! We will be having all kinds of raffles for free stuff, and lots of fun and scrapbooking time to boot!

IRWscrapper
Expert
IRWscrapper

I'm back from vacation and went to 2 scrapbooking stores. 1 in NC and the other in SC. Now I need my sleep.

Andrea

Post it Notes
Guru
Post it Notes

When you get some sleep, tell us about your trip!!!!

IRWscrapper
Expert
IRWscrapper

Well, I walked around downtown Raleigh. I also went to 3 museums. I was there visiting a friend who was also the president of the NC Jaycees in 2005. I went to a meeting in Ashboro and Raleigh. Didn't get a chance to visit a Hobby Lobby.

Myrtle Beach, SC was a great time seeing old friends. I had a United States Junior Chamber meeting there. As the saying goes "what every happends there stays there." Well, I got 3 shirts from 3 different states especially from Hawaii.

That's all folks

Andrea

Bellanca
Guru
Bellanca
In response to Beth1019

I was at Wholly Scrap on Tuesday. I was asking them about the CK convention since I am going with a friend but we are both new to these things. The woman I spoke with said it would be pretty big - I am very excited because the vendor faire at the KISS convention in Manch. this February was kind of small.

My doctor's office is situated so that I prefer to turn right out of the lot and then turn around at the first parking lot I come to. It's the Wholly Scrap lot...convenient, huh?

Beth1019
Diva
Beth1019
In response to Bellanca

I've wanted to go to Wholly Scrap - still haven't been to it. Hopefully someone time soon!!

Judy_Scraps
Mayor
Judy_Scraps

For anyone interested in western Mass. scrapbook store s, I work for a newspaper and just last night I built an ad for a store in Greenfield. It's called Lit'l Bear's Gift & Card Shop and they highlighted "a scrapbooking supply store" on their ad. It also said classes are starting in March. If you live near Greenfield or are heading through that area it might be worth checking out.

IRWscrapper
Expert
IRWscrapper

I found a scrap group for the Boston area. I am so excited. Its called http://scrapbook.meetup.com/66/

I can't wait to go to the event on April 30th.

Andrea

Post it Notes
Guru
Post it Notes

Andrea, I also started *East Coast Croppers* (click siggy line) for a way to help share crops and get-togethers too, on the East Coast. Still small, but the word just needs to get out about it. Maybe the 2 sites could be incorporated?

IRWscrapper
Expert
IRWscrapper

There are scrapping groups for people who live in different areas of the state. I found something just for the Boston Area. Its nice to meet people who like to scrap in Boston because it saves gas.

Andrea

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 03-22-06 05:56 PM

I'm a member of the meetup group. I missed the crop this month, but the one last month was a lot of fun.

IRWscrapper
Expert
IRWscrapper

Cool, It will be nice to meet you sometime.

Andrea

ScrappyCat31
Expert
ScrappyCat31

Just stopping in to say HI. I lived in Worcester for 3 years and worked in Worcester and Newton.

IRWscrapper
Expert
IRWscrapper

Post it notes,

Do you ever go to crops that are listed??? You should come to the Boston one because its sooo close. I love going to crops because you get cool prizes and gifts.

Andrea

JoanE
JoanE 
Idol
JoanE
  • JoanE on 03-27-06 09:58 PM

Andrea
It was great to meet you at the 4-H crop on Saturday. Hope you will be able to to our future crops. Everyone had a great time and completed many pages.
Congratualations on winning the raffle.
Joan

3peaspress
Expert
3peaspress
In response to JoanE

Hi Ladies!

I just wanted to post a reminder about the Charity Crop on May 13th!

I have 10 spots left that I'd love to fill! If you'd like any info please pm me or check out the events website at: www[dot]freewebs[dot]com/caretocrop

A couple of neighbors are already signed up!
oxxo

Resident

Hi everyone....Long time no chit chat. Sorry I have been so absent! It has been an insane few weeks since we got back... first jet lag, thn the flu, then within the space of two days my sister had a baby and my great auntie had a heart attack (she's OK now...more or less). Now I have been busy with a job hunt. I just had a VERY promising interview this morning....I feel good about it.
So...it may be another week or two until I really get active again, but I wanted to pop in and say hello.
My new nephew's name is Breton Baxter...he is a very healthy, very active baby boy! My eldest nephew, Kai, is adjusting quite well. Kai's my best buddy in the whole world!
Amy

Jenny~Bear
Idol
Jenny~Bear
In response to amymisha

I had posted awhile ago about going to Boston for business... I have found out I am staying at the Hampton Inn in Cambridge...I was hoping people could give advice on what I should see and do while in the area, good places to eat and also info on shopping and any place for SB supplies...

Thanks ladies...

IRWscrapper
Expert
IRWscrapper

Jenny,

Harvard sqaure has some great places to eat. You can do to Spark Crafts in Davis Sqaure which is right near Tuffs Univ. Take the Red Line to Davis from Harvard. Follow the sign to Tuffs and take a left go all the way down and take a left down a small street. Its right there. Sparkcrafts.com.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 03-29-06 10:25 AM

I would recommend Harvard Square too. If it's a nice day there will be a lot going on- a very cool atmosphere. There is everything to eat from hamburgers (Bartley's is by far the best) to fancy restaurants (Upstairs on the Square is very yummy and has very interesting decor). Other than Spark, there are no real scrapbooking stores in Cambridge. Beware, Spark tends to be a bit on the pricey side. I buy things I need right away there, but do my general shopping elsewhere. I don't believe the AC Moore in Somerville has opened yet. There are AC Moore/Joanns/Michaels in Burlington and Framingham, but they both are a bit of a drive (20 min+). If you're going into Boston, check out Newbury Street. There are a lot of shops and restaurants there. The Gardner museaum and the MFA are also great places to visit if you have the time, as is Fanueil (sp?) Hall.

Edited by DolyDimple on 03-29-06 10:28 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

IRWscrapper
Expert
IRWscrapper

ACmoore in Somerville has opened. I was there last night. There are so many places to visit and so many restaurants to enjoy in Boston and Cambridge. You need a week to do it all.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 03-29-06 01:13 PM

Is it any good Andrea?

IRWscrapper
Expert
IRWscrapper

The new ACmoore is like all the other stores. I might go to sparkcrafts on Sunday. There is a party store in Waltham that has scrapbooking stuff. Its way cool!

SlaveSis
Expert
SlaveSis

Wow we are way back on the 3rd page. How is all? Just came to say hello

Beth1019
Diva
Beth1019
In response to SlaveSis

Hey everyone - did you enjoy the April Snow???

slp472
slp472 
Tenant
slp472

I am from Western MA and have no scrapping buddies except my online friends! Hopefully someone is out by me!

SlaveSis
Expert
SlaveSis
In response to Beth1019

• Beth1019 Said:
Hey everyone - did you enjoy the April Snow???

not the first time we have had snow in April but just the same I hate it. Mother nature is not looking at the calendar. THIS IS SPRING not WINTER

ScrapSlave
Idol
ScrapSlave
In response to SlaveSis

I remember back in 95' I think it was, we had the blizzard on April fools day. LOL I remember being out on our street at 3am playing in the snow.

IRWscrapper
Expert
IRWscrapper
In response to slp472

Hi There!

Where in Western Mass do you live? You can try the scrapbooking store in Sutton called chalkpaperscissors. I know they have crops there. I live in the Boston area so it takes me around 45 mins to get there. I will be in East Longmeadow April 15 from 6:30-11:00am for a Fishing Derby at the Lake if you wanted to meet up and bring your children. I wouldn't mind driving half way to scrap.

Andrea

Page 3 of 7 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics