Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: Maine        (Topic#998855)
Kels
Kels 
Marketing Goddess
Kels
  • Kels on 03-31-05 01:54 PM

Welcome to Maine!

lapeen2
Diva
lapeen2
In response to Kels

Hello Mainer's!

AngelP
AngelP 
Tenant
AngelP
In response to lapeen2

Hi back! Are there many of us here???

Angel

lapeen2
Diva
lapeen2
In response to AngelP

LOL...there doesnt seem to be!

trish215
New Kid On the Block
trish215
In response to lapeen2

Hey, Colleen.......I have you beat! I am in Millinocket!!!

Trish215

lapeen2
Diva
lapeen2
In response to trish215

Yes you do!!! I will glady accept that defeat....lol!!!

kirasmommy
Guru
kirasmommy
In response to lapeen2

Hi!! I'm not in Maine but I'm close... I live in New Hampshire about 20 minutes from the Kittery, ME. Doesn't seem to be many of us here!! I have a good friend in Brewer, ME!! Nice to meet you!!

lapeen2
Diva
lapeen2
In response to kirasmommy

You too! My Nana lives in E. Rochester...so we are down in NH a least a couple times a year.

kirasmommy
Guru
kirasmommy
In response to lapeen2

Have you been to Nancy's Scrapbooking?? I love that place! I need to go next week when I'm in town... hoping I can convince my friend we need to stop in!! LOL

lapeen2
Diva
lapeen2

I was there today actually. I like it ok...but there are better ones around IMO. There is a new one downtown bangor that is pretty good, and Judy's Scrappin and Stampin in Oldtown is good...but the BEST one is in Trenton, ME (just pass nancy's and keep goin' and goin' thru ellsworth, about 30 min)....the Crop 'til you Drop Shop.

New Kid On the Block
In response to lapeen2

Hi Everyone! I'm located in Bucksport, Maine

lapeen2
Diva
lapeen2
In response to JennyinMaine

Hello! I was just at that SB store in Verona a couple weeks ago! It's a good one!

kirasmommy
Guru
kirasmommy
In response to lapeen2

I've heard great things about Judy's... just haven't made it there. I don't get up there much and when I do I'd like to spend time with my friend and it's hard to go shopping with three kids!! They just don't like hanging at the scrapbook stores much!! LOL I'll have to ask her about the Crop til you Drop Shop... sounds great!!! TY

lapeen2
Diva
lapeen2

I hear ya about shopping with the kids! the Crop til you drop shop has a kids room with lots of toys...and the new one in downtown bangor has a gated kids area too!

kirasmommy
Guru
kirasmommy
In response to lapeen2

OOOOHHH... kids room and a gated kids area!! That is the way to go!! Might have to get there! Thanks for the great info!!!

AngelP
AngelP 
Tenant
AngelP

Alright, I've got to get in on all this Maine conversation!!! I'm in Southern Maine--
Windham to be exact. How many Maine SB stores have you guys been to? My absolute favorite so far is My Crop, Paper, Scissor store in Farmington. I go thru there often to my FIL's house. He lives in Franklin County. I go to The Memorybook Workshop in Gray a lot as well. I belong to the NYOBC chapter at that store. I've made some great SB friends there. Another great store is Murdock's in Turner.

I wish I would have known about the SB stores in the Bangor area a month ago. I don't get up that way very often at all but had to go to Washington County for work. I could have checked some out while I was in the neighborhood!! LOL

trish215
New Kid On the Block
trish215
In response to AngelP

Hey there ladies!!! I just got back here to check things out!! I own a scrapbook shop in Millinocket..............I teach and do Birthday Scrapbook Parties.........stop by sometime and say 'hi'

Have a Scrappy Day!!!!

Beth1019
Diva
Beth1019
In response to trish215

Hey Trish - where in Maine is this?? I'm in Wells quite a bit how far away are you?

3reasons2scrap
Expert
3reasons2scrap
In response to Beth1019

Maine is such a lonely state on this board!! Where is everyone??

Beth1019
Diva
Beth1019
In response to 3reasons2scrap

You are right - and even though I live in MA - I LOVE Maine - I would love to live there. My best friend and her family live in Wells and I am up there as much as I can. Just so peaceful and beautiful - plus I go up there to scrap all of the time!!

lapeen2
Diva
lapeen2
In response to Beth1019

OH!!! I wish I read this a few days ago! I was in Millinocket dropping...and picking up later that week...my kiddo from girl scout camp at Natarswi! I woulds checked out your store!

Hermonscrappin
Veteran
Hermonscrappin
In response to lapeen2

Hi gals,

I live in Hermon. I can't wait for AC Moore to open in September. I wanted to get a job there; but they didn't want to give me Mommy hours . Oh Well. I will have to look around more. I love Nancy's Store. I have never been to Judy's or the one in Trenton. I did go into the one in downtown Bangor when it was still stocking their shelves and have not been back there since. I will have to check it out again. I love Nancy's because they are so sweet there. My friends and I go there for their Wednesday Free Scrap night. I went in there when they were moving into there new place and Nancy gave me a punch holder for over the door; she said she wouldn't be using it anymore and wanted to know if I could use it. I thanked her and of course took it. I asked her if she wanted any money for it and her Daughter said, no Happy Early Birthday.
My friend Candy loves Judy's store so I guess I will have to check that one out soon.

Trish are you the lady who knows Donna H. and her sister Karen C. (Karen works with you in your store? I believer)? If so my other friend Candy did a workshop event at a school with you and loved the beaded wire words you make.

Christina

lapeen2
Diva
lapeen2
In response to Hermonscrappin

They are opening in september!!!!????? WOOOOO HOOOO!!! Old Navy isn't opening til end of Oct, so I assumed none of those places would be! I LOOOOVE ACMOORE!!!

I like Judy's ok. No place around here has "the good stuff" tho...Basic Grey, Gin-x...etc. So I end up buying most of my stuff online. It's too bad...I would much rather shop locally.

spinn477
Pro
spinn477
In response to lapeen2

YES, YES, YES!!!!!!! I am soooooooooooooo excited that AC MOORE is opening in September!!!!!!!
I am with Colleen on the stores around here. I don't remember the last time I bought anything in the stores around here for scrapbooking stuff, mostly all online stuff. Basic Grey is absolutely my favorite product line and I will be jumping up and down in the aisle of whatever store gets it in first!!
The store Crop till you drop in Ellsworth is pretty good.
A little far to drive but hey it is for scrapbooking stuff so who cares!!

Sophie65
Veteran
Sophie65
In response to spinn477

Hi Trish,

where abouts is your store in Millinocket? I am originally from there and will be going up to visit my grandmothers over Labor Day weekend and would love to stop in....

Hermonscrappin
Veteran
Hermonscrappin
In response to Sophie65

I have to tell you ladies that I am working temporarily for A.C. Moore . I have helping set the store up. It is quite a nice size store and so far all the stuff I have seen is wonderful. Of course I have not seen to much of the scrapbook stuff yet. At the meeting this morning I saw boxes from my minds eye and Sizzix. I wanted to dig into those so badly. I will have see if I can work in the scrapbook isle if it isn't already set up on Saturday. What fun that would be. Have a great weekend everyone.

Christina

3reasons2scrap
Expert
3reasons2scrap

Glad to hear they are giving you your "mommy hours"! It must kill you to see all that great stuff in boxes, you are a stronger woman than I!

Beth1019
Diva
Beth1019

Wow that sounds like fun!! I work for Bath & Body Works and I love to do floor changes and see all of the new products. It must be really hard at AC Moore with all of the great items there. I have thought about looking into some part time work there. I see signs and ads saying they are looking for help. It could be dangerous though - I KNOW I wouldn't come home with a pay check.

Hermonscrappin
Veteran
Hermonscrappin
In response to Beth1019

The opening is getting closer . A.C. Moore will have a soft opening on the 10th and the Grand Opening is September 14. So mark your calendars. I wish they sold more sizzlets though. They are pretty much the same ones as at Joann's except for one. They said they would order any other one that a customer wanted to buy. You would have to order it at the customer service desk. You would not pay for the item until it came in.

Christina

lapeen2
Diva
lapeen2

WOOO HOOO!!! Thanks for the info!!! I can't WAIT!!! DO they have Basic Grey stuff? I have read that some ACmoores carry it!

Hermonscrappin
Veteran
Hermonscrappin
In response to lapeen2

I will check tomorrow and see if they carry it.

Christina

spinn477
Pro
spinn477
In response to lapeen2

WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't wait to get into that store!!!

Hermonscrappin
Veteran
Hermonscrappin
In response to spinn477

I did not see any Basic Grey in the store. There is still stuff coming in so we will have to wait and see.

Christina

lapeen2
Diva
lapeen2

Thanks for checking!! Even if they don't...I am TOO excited!! No more long drives to Portland!!

sherylsmith51
Veteran
sherylsmith51
In response to lapeen2

Hey Mainers! I live in Palermo ME (Route 3 between Augusta and Belfast). My daughter and her friend are scrappers too and they live in Portland. When my mom and I go there, like tomorrow, we love to hit Craftmania, AC Moore, Target, and Dollar Tree for cool scrapbook stuff. We have a LSS in Augusta too. Plus Michaels, Walmart and Dollar Tree. No shortage of places to buy stuff! But I am WAY overloaded in supplies and haven't been able to do much scrap booking in the past few months so I am trying hard to use up some before buying more. Temptaion always calls!
It's hard to get groups together in Maine due to geographic distances. If anyone knows of a public event, we should plan to go and meet!
sheryl

spinn477
Pro
spinn477
In response to sherylsmith51

There are crops in a couple of the Scrapbooking stores around the Bangor area. The store in Ellsworth has them all the time and they are usually free I think.
Nancy's has them as well, they have an all day crop one Saturday per month. They book up really fast there plus it cost $30.00. I was gonna go to the one this month but I would rather spend the $$$ on supplies!! I am not sure of any other crops in this area. Do any of the LSS have all day crops in your area?

my2boysmom
Expert
my2boysmom
In response to spinn477

Nancy's is awesome! I love supplies but paying the 30.00 is worth being able to scrap for 15 hours and not worry about anything else. I have my own scraproom and everything, but I just LOVE being around so many people who are avid about the same thing I am! Plus, Nancy is just hillarious! I PM'd you, your LSS is pretty decent Sheryl!

MarineMomOfACM
Expert
MarineMomOfACM
In response to lapeen2

I am from Brunswick.

Jen

Sophie65
Veteran
Sophie65
In response to MarineMomOfACM

Hi sherylsmith51,

While you are in the Portland area, if you get over near Windham...check out Big Lots...they have a bunch of Scrapbooking stuff! Most of it is for $1.00! I just went there yesterday and found a bunch of stuff!

lapeen2
Diva
lapeen2
In response to lapeen2

SO...who is going to CKC in NH in May!!?? I am ...I am!!!

MrsHedgehog
Expert
MrsHedgehog
In response to lapeen2

Another Mainer here! I am from Milford, Maine, just outside of Old Town! I just discovered this board a bit ago and LOVE it! I now have a new longer list of stores to hit! I am sure my DH thanks you all a ton! LOL

lapeen2
Diva
lapeen2
In response to MrsHedgehog

WELCOME!!! You are a neighbor...sorta...I am in Hampden!

MrsHedgehog
Expert
MrsHedgehog
In response to lapeen2

Hi, Colleen! Yes, a neighbor! My best friend lives in Hampden! What happened to the LSS in your area? I never got to that one, but my girlfriend said it was pretty good.

lapeen2
Diva
lapeen2

It closed a couple months ago. I guess she is running it out of her house now?? The store was TINY!!! Like the 10x10 at MOST!

Are you loving having ACMoore nearby as much as I am!?

MrsHedgehog
Expert
MrsHedgehog
In response to lapeen2

Colleen,

My DH thinks I am having an affair with someone named AC Moore! LOL I work at Kohl's in the evenings, so I always leave for work a little early to visit my "lover"! One of the reasons I work for Kohl's is to have money to spend at AC Moore, plus I love the discount at Kohl's!

lapeen2
Diva
lapeen2

OMIGOSH....KOHLS...my SECOND NEW LOVE!! I dont know if I would make it outta there with a playcheck to blow at ACMoore!! And a DISCOUNT on top of all the amazing sales and clearance prices...WOW...you are a lucky lucky girl!

MrsHedgehog
Expert
MrsHedgehog
In response to lapeen2

Colleen,

It is actually an awesome place to work, they (the company) really treat their employees well! I try to watch the sales and the clearance racks to get the most out of my paycheck, plus I LOVE those 40% off coupons at AC Moore! When you have three kids to dress and scrap you really have to pinch your pennies!

MrsHedgehog
Expert
MrsHedgehog

Just a quick hello! I hope everyone is staying nice and toasty! Wow, it sure has gotten chilly in the last couple of days!

scrapinsuzy
Tenant
scrapinsuzy

Hi! I am brand new to Maine, just moved to Falmouth, and am wondering where the scrapbookers around here shop and crop. Any ideas?

lapeen2
Diva
lapeen2
In response to scrapinsuzy

Is that near Falmouth near Portland?

scrapinsuzy
Tenant
scrapinsuzy
In response to lapeen2

Yes, just north of Portland.

julieanddanny
Resident
julieanddanny
In response to scrapinsuzy

Hey all!

I'm near Rockland. No place to shop here (If someone knows otherwise, please fill me in!)
I like going to Big Lots in Portland and if you have ever been to Big Al's Odd Lot in Wiscasett - they have a ton of papers and stickers and 'stuff' from Current for $.10 a sheet!!!! I've gone a little nuts there but the stuff is different from what I'm finding in the LSS's and CHEAP!

BTW, The LSS in Augusta on Western ave carries Basic Grey !

Edited by julieanddanny on 02-26-06 07:16 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Vascrappinmom
Tenant
Vascrappinmom
In response to julieanddanny

Hi all! Well, I live in Virginia, but i was born in Bangor. My father and sister live in Glenburn. I make regular trips every year or two. It's always home to me. So just wanted to pop in, as a newbie, and say Hello.

~ Staci ~

Sophie65
Veteran
Sophie65
In response to Vascrappinmom

Hi Scrapinsuzy,

I live in Gorham just around the corner from Falmouth...we have some really great scrap stores near us...My all time FAVORITE is Murdock's in Turner, it is just outside of Auburn. They have their own line of paper and have artists that paint the Maine scenes and then it is made into paper. I am waiting for them to do a Mt. Katahdin one...then there is the "Start Scrappin and Stampin" in Scarborough over behind the Shaws. AC Moores and great and Michaels! Then like Julieanddanny said...Big Lots has some really good things at great prices. There is another good scrap shop in Gray too. I have hit them all and really really like Murdocks! Hope this helps. Hi all you Mainers....Sophie65

AngelP
AngelP 
Tenant
AngelP
In response to Sophie65

Woo hoo, finally some neighbors from Maine! The last time I posted/checked in it was almost a year ago. I'm from Windham (just a couple miles from Falmouth scrapinsuzy--if you want to pm me for some further info, feel free) and my absolute fave store in Maine now is Murdock's. I just went there last week--hubby bought me a $125 GC for Christmas. I still need to spend more than $80 of it if you can imagine that! Anyway, getting ready to go to a retreat in April so I'm looking forward to some extended scrapping time. My friend and I also host a retreat in October in the NH White Mountains. If anyone is interested, let me know I can add you to my mailing list of invitees!

MrsHedgehog
Expert
MrsHedgehog
In response to AngelP

Where are all the more northern neighbors? Thanks to all the southern neighbors for the heads up about Murdock's....Now just to convince DH that we need to take a road trip!

AngelP
AngelP 
Tenant
AngelP
In response to lapeen2

• lapeen2 Said:
SO...who is going to CKC in NH in May!!?? I am ...I am!!!

I'm going. I can't wait. Are you going for the weekend or just one of the days? I'm heading down with some friends for Saturday to do some shopping plus I've signed up for three classes.

Edited by AngelP on 03-01-06 10:43 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

lapeen2
Diva
lapeen2
In response to AngelP

My friend (spinn477) and I are going for the weekend. We are driving down on Thursday and leaving Saturday after our classes. We didn't sign up for the Saturday night crop becuase we are going to the Friday one...and with all the classes we are taking, I know we will be all cropped out and ready to get home! We are taking classes on both Friday and Saturday....but made sure to leave lots of room in our schedules for shopping

Is 'Murdocks' on our way?? We HAD agreed no scrap shopping on the way down....but....we haven't discussed the drive home

BTBeth
BTBeth 
Veteran
BTBeth
In response to lapeen2

hi neighbors!
Im in NH (White Mtns area which borders ME at Fryeburg) but was born and raised in Maine.

New Kid On the Block
In response to BTBeth

Hello everyone!
I'm a newbie here, just stumbled on to this site a few days and it has quickly become a favorite! I have gotten so many ideas here.

Can't wait to meet some new friends, especially other Mainer's. I live in the Brunswick/Bath area, by the way.

Vicious Bleu
Tenant
Vicious Bleu
In response to Monique Leanne

Maine people! Huzzah!

I'm in Farmington, the town with TWO scrapbooking stores. That was a bit of a surprise when I moved here!

We've got a great store here called "Crop, Paper, Scissor" and they do Crop and Shops on the first and third Friday of each month if you're in the area. I sadly have not gone to one yet partially from timing but partially because I'm nervous since I don't know anybody.

Then again, you can always come knit with me on Monday's for Stitch and ********. I seem to love the rhyming activities.

Momma2Bryn
Veteran
Momma2Bryn
In response to Vicious Bleu

I'm new to the board and from Topsham!

liveandBIKN2
Governor
liveandBIKN2
In response to Momma2Bryn

Hi guys, I can't believe I haven't seen all of you til now. I am a Maine Scrapper. I didn't know there was a Big lots in Maine. I need to travel North more often. I am sooo excited to find you all here. I thought i was alone. LOL.

New Kid On the Block
In response to liveandBIKN2

I'm a Creative Memories Consultant north of Portland. If you're interested, please PM me. I'd love to share my calendar, ideas and products with you.

liveandBIKN2
Governor
liveandBIKN2
In response to memoriesRus

Bump

LNZ
LNZ 
Veteran
LNZ
  • LNZ on 02-20-07 06:06 AM
In response to Kels

Hi!My name is Lindsay and I live in Western Maine. Oxford .Im new to these boards.Im looking to chat with other people who enjoy scrapbooking as much as me.Id like to hear about any scrapbooking stores you really like.Have a great day and I hope to hear from you! - Lindsay

liveandBIKN2
Governor
liveandBIKN2
In response to LNZ

Hi Lindsay!! I've been to Oxford a couple of times. The Oxford plains speedways!! Used to go to SHow, Shine, and Drag every year. Welcome aboard. I only have one LSS around me right now. That's Start Scrappin and Stampin in Sanford. For my sb supplies I have to got o So. Portlans to ACMoore or Michaels. Although the new Target here in Biddeford has a nice sbing selection but it doesn't seem to get refreshed. OK I've yacked your ear off! Enjoy this forum it's awesome!

LNZ
LNZ 
Veteran
LNZ
  • LNZ on 02-20-07 06:43 PM
In response to AngelP

Hi,Id love to be on the list about the retreat,I go that way all the time.Let me know if you need my address,Thanks!

LNZ
LNZ 
Veteran
LNZ
  • LNZ on 02-20-07 06:49 PM

Hi!I have been to the store in Sanford.I liked it but kinda far to go.I like Bee Scrappy in Oxford,The prices are great!You should check it out when you come over to the speedway!There is also a scrapbook store at the Auburn Mall but its a bit pricey.I wish there were more stores around.I have gone to Jo Anns and craftmania.I seem to find more embellishment things there.Most scrapbook store s Ive been to carry mostly paper and stickers.

liveandBIKN2
Governor
liveandBIKN2
In response to LNZ

I know. I like the store in Sanford if I don't want to pay shipping for some of the things here. They obviously don't have nearly as much as sb.com but at least I can save some and visit my grandparents. I haven't checked out the JoAnns around here. I don't think they sell sbing stuff although it has been a while.

LNZ
LNZ 
Veteran
LNZ
  • LNZ on 02-23-07 05:11 AM

Hi,I havnt ordered any thing off the internet yet for scrapbooking.Im waitting till I find a store id like to make a big order from because I dont want to pay 5 shipping for a 10 dollar order.I liked what I saw at Jo anns.When I was there it was like 40 % off all scrapbooking things.I got some good deals!I like craftmanias selection, but it seems to cost more there.

liveandBIKN2
Governor
liveandBIKN2
In response to LNZ

Have a craftmania but I've only been in it once. Not sure why I never went back. Maybe I just don't think of it. I hear you on shipping. I hate paying shipping.

bloominrose
Tenant
bloominrose
In response to LNZ

The superstore at this site is a great place to order supplies from. You can even get the E-Cuts without shipping charge. Just download them. They make great looking pages.

Anyone out there from the mid-coast area?

liveandBIKN2
Governor
liveandBIKN2
In response to bloominrose

I'm from Southern Maine. How far midcoast are you?

bloominrose
Tenant
bloominrose

I'm in Hope, it is next to Camden.

liveandBIKN2
Governor
liveandBIKN2

Hmm, I think I've heard of that. Camden anyways. Is it before or after Bar Harbor?

bloominrose
Tenant
bloominrose

Before Bar Harbor, about half way up the coast. It's a fairly small town.

LNZ
LNZ 
Veteran
LNZ
  • LNZ on 03-07-07 03:47 PM

Does any one know if there are SBS in Farmington?If so do you know there names and location,and any in grey besides the memorybook workshop?Has any one been there?If so what do you think of that store?

tracys3sons
Expert
tracys3sons
In response to LNZ

There are 2 stores in Farmington, an awesome one in Turner that you have to go to, another awesome one in Auburn, and one that's not as great in Oxford (mechanic falls) For such a small state we have a lot of LSS's! lol

LNZ
LNZ 
Veteran
LNZ
  • LNZ on 04-15-07 09:12 AM
In response to tracys3sons

I have been to both in Farmington,I didnt like the one on Main st.It was so tiny you couldnt turn around and the items they did have were very dated.they did have a large selection of stamps although I didnt see any I like.The other store had lots of paper but not a lot of ribbon or embellishments that I liked.I LOVE THE STORE IN TURNER!!!!Its my new FAVE!!!Its FAB!!!I do like BEE SCRAPPY which is in OXFORD.They have a good selection.I DO like AC moore and Micheals for my large supply orders.The store in Grey ,Didnt care for it much,no stamps and hardly any ribbon.

LNZ
LNZ 
Veteran
LNZ
  • LNZ on 04-15-07 09:14 AM

I have been to the one in the Auburn Mall,prices I find a bit high but they sell paper flowers individually.I like that.Is there another one?

tracys3sons
Expert
tracys3sons
In response to LNZ

Yes, Memory Lane right off center street. It's on Coburn St right near The Ground Round. You have to go!!! Seriously. I love Murdocks but I love Memory Lane better...plus I live about 4 min. from there. Tell her Tracy sent you! rofl I feel like I'm there enough. I went to the one in the mall but just walked thru, wasn't impressed. the ones in Farmington didn't impress me at all either. There is one in Topsham that I like as well, but Memory Lane is my fav. She's closed on Sun and Mon but you have to check her out. Let me know when you go!!

tracys3sons
Expert
tracys3sons

BTW, the one in Gray is awful IMO, and I'm not fond of the owner as well. Way out of date.

LNZ
LNZ 
Veteran
LNZ
  • LNZ on 04-16-07 03:36 PM

Hi Tracy!!Thanks for the info!I will have to check it out.Is it a big store?Do they have a good selection?

tracys3sons
Expert
tracys3sons
In response to LNZ

It's not huge but it's good sized, and she has all the newest stuff!! She's way more current than Murdocks is IMO.

LNZ
LNZ 
Veteran
LNZ
  • LNZ on 04-17-07 10:04 AM

Hi Tracy,Is this like a reg type store or is it at her home?

tracys3sons
Expert
tracys3sons
In response to LNZ

Regular store...There is a home one or two around. I've been to one, have yet to go to the other. But no, this one is a regular store. No worries!!

tracys3sons
Expert
tracys3sons

Here's her site....

Memory Lane

LNZ
LNZ 
Veteran
LNZ
  • LNZ on 04-17-07 12:26 PM

Thank you!Hows the one at the home?

tracys3sons
Expert
tracys3sons
In response to LNZ

I went to one in Winthrop~~I wouldn't go back let's just say. There is one in Lisbon that looks nice but I haven't gone in. I think she built it in her garage.

liveandBIKN2
Governor
liveandBIKN2

I want to go !!!!! I want to go. There is only one LSS around here and while it's not bad it's not GREAT either! I just found one in Somersworth New Hampshire that I want to peek at.

LNZ
LNZ 
Veteran
LNZ
  • LNZ on 04-18-07 03:23 PM

Let me know about the new ones you check out,Im always looking for new places to shop.Quick heads up,joanns is 60 percent off thier brand of embellishments like eyelets ect.

tracys3sons
Expert
tracys3sons
In response to LNZ

My girlfriends and I took a road trip last year and hit 5 store in a day. it was a lot of fun. sadly, many are closing down these days. There is a tiny one in Lewiston on Maine street, but I've never been. I think I can get what I need at Memory Lane and really, I don't NEED anything!

I'll have to check out Joanns today. I wish our Joanns was bigger, and better. I rarely find anything in there anymore! I like the Joanns in Portland SO much better. Have you been to that one?

LNZ
LNZ 
Veteran
LNZ
  • LNZ on 04-20-07 01:46 PM

I dont really need more supplies but my fav part is shopping,at least looking for some! LOL ;o)I have never been to the one is S. Portland but my mom says its GREAT!!!

tracys3sons
Expert
tracys3sons
In response to LNZ

The Dollar Tree in Auburn had a lot of brads today. I don't need more brads either, but they had many more colors than joanns did. Went there too and got the summer cardstock stack!! I couldn't find anything else I needed! lol

LNZ
LNZ 
Veteran
LNZ
  • LNZ on 04-20-07 06:35 PM

I went to joanns the other day and restocked on brads and eyelets.I saw the summerstack but that wasnt on sale but the others were 50 percent off.I wish I could find things at the dollar tree but I never find any.The only thing there I like is one time I found good brand fiber for 1 dollar,thats like 3 at walmart.I use the fiber on tags.

tracys3sons
Expert
tracys3sons
In response to LNZ

I bought 4 of the fibers this week. We host a retreat in oct and their great for the goodie bags. The girl at Joanns gave me the 50% off the summer stack! Yeah!

LNZ
LNZ 
Veteran
LNZ
  • LNZ on 04-21-07 03:17 AM

WOW you lucky duck!!!!!I figured mine would slide right threw but of course not she had to say MAM this isnt 50 percent off.I was like &^%$ ! LMFAO!!!I dont know to much about retreats,I know the lady at bee scrappy just had one at sunday river and there is another in the fall.Is that the one you go on or is there more??

tracys3sons
Expert
tracys3sons
In response to LNZ

No, we don't do the Bee Scrappy one, though she came to ours last year to sell product. I think we'll have Jen from Memory Lane come this year~~Her product is way more up to date than bee scrappy.

My girlfriend and I host our own every fall....columbus day weekend. There are usually about 25 people or so~~this will be our 3rd year and the year before we went to a CM one. I liked the concept, just not that particular retreat. So, we decided to host our own.

LNZ
LNZ 
Veteran
LNZ
  • LNZ on 04-21-07 07:07 AM

Thats cool Tracy!You guys made your own!!!!I bet thats a lot of fun!!!!Ive never been to CM convention but they look fun and you can see all the new stuff coming out!!The lady at bee scrappy really does seem to be trying to get new things in.She is having a 30 percent off sale now on stamps and Ink.I do go there because its like 5 mins from my house so If I need something quick to finish some thing up I do go there.I do like bee scrappy better then The place in Grey.I went to the place in gret and the girl at the reg. didnt seem to be all there!!!I got a few different types of ribbon,all the same amounts and when I got home I noticed they were all cut different lengths!!!not by a little either!!!

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics